Purchased tables deleted. Now getting connection error in app. Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rynod
    • Jan 2012

Purchased tables deleted. Now getting connection error in app. Please Help!

I have had the common issue where my purchased tables are deleted when disk storage is low. No big, deal... After freeing up space, I have been able to re-download the purchased tables (Wolverine & Capt. America). Yesterday, this happened again when doing a mass app update. Again... No big deal, right?

Well, I spent most of last night and part of this morning trying to download the tables. When I press the table icon in the app, I get the following message: "Unable to purchase the table: cannot connect to iTunes Store."

I have 1.4 gb space available on my IPad 2.
    I can connect to the iTunes store on my IPad.
    I can connect to this forum in my Safari Browser.
    I can connect to Openfeint in Zen Pinball, so I know it is not an internet connection problem.
    I have done a hard power/restart on my IPad 2.
    I have deleted the Zen Pinball App and redownloaded it from the ITunes Store.
    I have deleted the Zen Pinball App and loaded it from my PC iTunes sync.

I am out of ideas and ready to ask for a refund of my table purchases, but I REALLY don't want to give up on Zen Pinball. I am totally addicted to the Capt. America table. I love this game, but I am really frustrated at this point. Please help me...
  • Solitude
    KickBeaten Down
    • Mar 2010

Looking into it...

Have you tried signing in and out of your Apple account on your iPad? (Store -> Apple ID).

Comment

• rynod
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Solitude
      Looking into it...

Have you tried signing in and out of your Apple account on your iPad? (Store -> Apple ID).
      Thanks. That fixed it. However, in order for me to download both tables, I had to sign out and back in twice. I am happy to have my tables back, but that can't be working as designed.

Also. I purchased the Thor table (awesome), and I had to sign out and back into the app store a third time.
      Last edited by rynod; 01-06-2012, 03:34 AM.

Comment

• Solitude
        KickBeaten Down
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by rynod
        Thanks. That fixed it. However, in order for me to download both tables, I had to sign out and back in twice. I am happy to have my tables back, but that can't be working as designed.

Also. I purchased the Thor table (awesome), and I had to sign out and back into the app store a third time.
        Hmm...maybe you should contact Apple support. As far as I know, we're just sending a simple query to their servers when someone attempts to buy/re-download a table. If it's failing a large percentage of the time for you, there may be an issue with your Apple account or the way that the App Store is handling your net connection.

Comment

• Pinbawler
          • Jan 2012

frustrating

I am having the same problem.

I had purchased all 3 tables, and now they are all missing and grey. When I try to reinstall them, I get the message: "unable to purchase table: can not connect to iTunes store".

This is not a problem with my network, as I have tried to reinstall from several different known-good networks.

One anomaly may be that I changed my itunes account email address between purchasing the tables and trying to reinstall them. This hasn't affected any of my other apps, but may help you troubleshoot. But everything is working fine on my iPhone with this new account info, so I don't think that is it.

Please advise!

Comment

• Quine
            • Jan 2012

I, too, am having the same problem. None of the fixes suggested in this forum help. I have no network connections problems nor do I have problems with the iTunes store in any other respect. I should also mention that when I try to connect to OpenFeint, it doesn't allow me to do that either. It looks like it's not a problem with the store or with my internet connection, but with the app's ability to access the iPad's wireless data. (It does greet me with my Gamecenter ID when I open the app though.)

I'm using an iPad 2 and am running the most current OS.

I would try uninstalling, but I'm worried that I'll lose my scores and that I won't be able to redownload my Cap and Wolverine tables. (I have access to them now, but I'm prevented from buying Thor, which I'd really like to play.)

Thanks.

Comment

• Solitude
              KickBeaten Down
              • Mar 2010

We have an engineer looking into the problem.

Comment

• peteclarkelondon
                • Jan 2012

I too am experiencing the exact same problem. In my case I eventually deleted the app and re-installed and now I can't redownload the Wolverine table I purchased or purchase the newer tables. Hoping for a fix soon as I love the game. Having the exact same issue (everything else connects fine just doesn't work to purchase table from within the app).

Comment

• Quine
                  • Jan 2012

Turns out that Apple has destroyed in-app purchases... this problem is not unique to Zen Pinball. For instance, see Comixology's announcement here: http://blog.comixology.com/2012/01/0...e-work-around/

Not sure why I also can't connect to OpenFeint or access high scores.

Comment

• Pinbawler
                    • Jan 2012

Tables are back! After a full sync of my iPad to my PC, I am able to redownload the tables. Bizarre, but I'm a happy guy.

Comment

• Quine
                      • Jan 2012

Tables are back for me too. Still can't connect to OpenFeint, but I guess that's a separate issue.

Comment

• milessmith
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2018

I have had the common issue where my purchased tables are deleted when disk storage is low. No big, deal... After freeing up space, I have been able to re-download the purchased tables (Wolverine & Capt. America). Yesterday, this happened again when doing a mass app update. Again... No big deal, right?

Well, I spent most of last night and part of this morning trying to download the tables. When I press the table icon in the app, I get the following message: "Unable to purchase the table: cannot connect to iTunes Store."

I have 1.4 gb space available on my IPad 2.
                        I can connect to the iTunes store on my IPad.
                        I can connect to this forum in my Safari Browser.
                        I can connect to Openfeint in Zen Pinball, so I know it is not an internet connection problem.
                        I have done a hard power/restart on my IPad 2.
                        I have deleted the Zen Pinball App and redownloaded it from the ITunes Store.
                        I have deleted the Zen Pinball App and loaded it from my PC iTunes sync.
                        I am out of ideas and ready to ask for a refund of my table purchases, but I REALLY don't want to give up on Zen Pinball. I am totally addicted to the Capt. America table. I love this game, but I am really frustrated at this point. Please help me...
                        Thank you so much for this. I was into this issue and tired to tinker around to check if its possible but couldnt get it done. Now that i have seen the way you did it, thanks guys
                        with
                        regards

Comment

• farnandez
                          Pinball Fan
                          • Mar 2022

Originally posted by Pinbawler
                          frustrating

I am having the same problem.

I had purchased all 3 tables, and now they are all missing and grey. When I try to reinstall them, I get the message: "unable to purchase table: can not connect to iTunes store".

This is not a problem with my network, as I have tried to reinstall from several different known-good networks.

One anomaly may be that I changed my itunes account email address between purchasing the tables and trying to reinstall them. This hasn't affected any of my other apps, but may help you troubleshoot. But everything is working fine on my iPhone with this new account info, so I don't think that is it.

Please advise!
                          In your situation I think you have to contact with them where you have purchased all 3 tables, or you can also got to the Apple community forum to discuss this issue and find a solution from the community.

hope it's helpful.
                          Last edited by farnandez; 03-06-2022, 03:35 AM. Reason: Spell check

Comment

Working...