Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Epic Quest!

Quote Originally Posted by UranusIsBroken View Post
    Quick bug report. That "wheel of fortune" in the bottom left corner of the table... Twice now I've had the first two balls locked in adjacent wedges, and had the third get stuck between the two. During one sequence, the wheel just spun for forever and I had to restart. During the second time, it started the Princess multiball, but it only gave me two of the three balls to play with. Just a heads up.

Fun table, but the instructions provided are confusing as ****, and some things still don't make much sense to me. That's probably more a product of my lack of intelligence than it is anything else. LOL
    I to have had this same problem

E113, i think Vincent was just trying to crack a joke, no need to get all serious about something that stupid.

You don't need to read the instructions to do well. I got 212 million without even looking at the instructions, yet.
    For me, it's all about keeping your kick-backs. It's tough to do that. And to start off with completing the right orbit ramp, first. Cos that's the awkward one.

E113, you know you watch too much wrestling when you start
    quoting the Rock. lol ;peace:
    Last edited by Be4u; 02-18-2012 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Answer is "after you kill all monsters shoot the loot hole"

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Hey guys, let me see if I can shed some light on the pricing questions:

All the tables prior to PFX2 were 200 MSP, and since then they've been 240 MSP. That is still cheaper than a large coffee at Starbucks, haha!

Also, with Epic Quest, the team spent a lot of time working on this to get it just right. This table has a lot more to it than previous tables, like loot, XP, leveling, etc. I would say 240 MSP is an EPIC deal, wouldn't you?

And think about all the coins you're saving by not having to play pinball at an arcade...
    I usually play the violin when I hear developers defending their DLC prices, but 240 is very, very cheap for what you get.. It's offensive, IMO, for anyone who questions the price, especially for the first RPG pinball table ever.

So i was onto a good score, beating my 212 million. Before the game was over I got disconnected from xbox live. I scored 525 million then it was over. So I got back on xbox live and it's still saying my top score is 212 million.

Will my 525 now not register on the leaderboards at all? If that's the case, why bother even playing it again?

If you played offline, the online registration of your record takes some time. Try playing a short round of Epic Quest online and that should do the trick. If not, finish some other tables (no need to earn a new record there).

Exclamation Epic Quest

Downloaded XBOX trial for Epic Quest, liked the game But didn't get much of a feel for the game, don't suppose anyone could explain it to me a bit.
    I know It's late BarbieBobomb but I've watched this forum for a while, so welcome and thanks for the guides ShoryukenToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by LK9T9 View Post
    If you played offline, the online registration of your record takes some time. Try playing a short round of Epic Quest online and that should do the trick. If not, finish some other tables (no need to earn a new record there).
    Yeah, it finally registered, thank God. Top 60 in the world and I'm not even an pinball nerd. Woot Woot!

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Pent View Post
    Downloaded XBOX trial for Epic Quest, liked the game But didn't get much of a feel for the game, don't suppose anyone could explain it to me a bit.
    I know It's late BarbieBobomb but I've watched this forum for a while, so welcome and thanks for the guides ShoryukenToTheChin
    Many thanks m8 and welcome to the Forums, you will find that this Community is so helpful. I created a sep' Thread giving out some info for Epic Quest, its a community effort and most of the important stuff I added to the first post.

Here is a link that will take you str8 there -
    http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?t=3974

Its nice to know that people enjoy my Guides, better still when it improves them as a Pinball Player

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Firstly, this is a really, really fun table. The RPG integration is both simple and ingenious.

But, I do have a couple of caveats. One is a display issue in that whenever a message is up (Beat "Whosever's" Superscore) the upper playfield flipper is completely obscured. Since I always seem to on the verge of beating one score or another, it's cropping up a lot. I'm aware I can turn off these notifications, but I don't want to as they add incentive.

Secondly, I was wondering if there was anyway to view your inventory? As I keep re-purchasing items I already own due to me forgetting that I own them.

But other than those two, I'm having a blast with this table. I have to hand it to Zen for not only consistently rolling out new content, but making it inventive, thoughtful, and exciting content at that.

This is going to be the table I show to friends who don't understand why anyone would play a pinball sim on a gaming console. As it's a perfact example of a great sim, but with that little extra you can't get on a steel and wood machine.

Epic post for Epic Quest, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Many thanks m8 and welcome to the Forums, you will find that this Community is so helpful. I created a sep' Thread giving out some info for Epic Quest, its a community effort and most of the important stuff I added to the first post.

Here is a link that will take you str8 there -
    http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?t=3974

Its nice to know that people enjoy my Guides, better still when it improves them as a Pinball Player
    Always appreciate your efforts bro, I tend to be very impatient when it comes to figuring out new tables so I always tend to gravitate towards the simpler tables. Your info and bittenbythepinballbug's have been invaluable. Im over 100 mil on my first ball as I write this, just needed a little breather, looks likes its gonna be a long game

Edit
    Well ended with a little over 579 mil
    I guess im pretty satisfied with that, although I only got 2 xtra balls, so ive got plenty of room for imorovement.
    Last edited by Bababooeyville; 02-19-2012 at 09:41 PM.
    Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of pinball!

Quote Originally Posted by brighton rock View Post

Secondly, I was wondering if there was anyway to view your inventory? As I keep re-purchasing items I already own due to me forgetting that I own them.
    Doesn't really matter m8 as when you select which Loot item you want thats what gets activated. So I just select the most powerful thing available all the Time. But when you get an Epic Item you need to activate that one as it wont light up the Epic Set lights, if you haven't seen it yet if you collect an Epic Set you are given a 10 Million Point Bonus.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by Bababooeyville View Post
    Always appreciate your efforts bro, I tend to be very impatient when it comes to figuring out new tables so I always tend to gravitate towards the simpler tables. Your info and bittenbythepinballbug's have been invaluable. Im over 100 mil on my first ball as I write this, just needed a little breather, looks likes its gonna be a long game

Edit
    Well ended with a little over 579 mil
    I guess im pretty satisfied with that, although I only got 2 xtra balls, so ive got plenty of room for imorovement.
    No probs m8, just happy to know its helped you out... the community is just awesome and now with Bitten becoming a part of it even better. Do remember im writing up an actual Guide, I just did that Thread to help the Community while I write it up.

Oh just saw m8, Excellent Score! my highiest is over 700 Million but thats peanuts trust me on that.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

But when you get an Epic Item you need to activate that one as it wont light up the Epic Set lights, if you haven't seen it yet if you collect an Epic Set you are given a 10 Million Point Bonus.
    Hmmm. I've collected epic items, but I'm unsure how to activated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Pent View Post
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by brighton rock View Post
    Hmmm. I've collected epic items, but I'm unsure how to activated it.
    Oh m8 when it comes up with the prompt "You found an EPIC ITEM" you will see that its on the Dot-Matrix and its in a Purple Front, just press the Launch Button to equip it and you will then see the corresponding Light be lit.

Hope this helps.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Oh God, I'm unstoppable

Quote Originally Posted by celtic_illusion View Post
    So i was onto a good score, beating my 212 million. Before the game was over I got disconnected from xbox live. I scored 525 million then it was over. So I got back on xbox live and it's still saying my top score is 212 million.

Will my 525 now not register on the leaderboards at all? If that's the case, why bother even playing it again?
    You poor muffin! You got disconnected from Xbox Live, possibly the fault of your ISP, and you're going to get angry at the game? If you enjoy the table, play it. If you don't, don't. It's not exactly a hart table to score on. Furthermore, how about you grow a pair and actually try to beat the score you posted when you got disconnected? You know, because that's what makes pinball fun...those moments when you take your game to the next level and beat a score you thought you never could/would.

Whiner.

You poor muffin! You got disconnected from Xbox Live, possibly the fault of your ISP, and you're going to get angry at the game? If you enjoy the table, play it. If you don't, don't. It's not exactly a hart table to score on. Furthermore, how about you grow a pair and actually try to beat the score you posted when you got disconnected? You know, because that's what makes pinball fun...those moments when you take your game to the next level and beat a score you thought you never could/would.

Whiner.
    What are ya ranting about? I'm sure if you scored 2 billion, which is impossible in its own right, and you got cut off and the score didn't seem to want to register, I can imagine you'd be running to the toilet more than once.

KickBeaten Down

No name calling or personal attacks, please!

Woah guys come on lets not get into that sort of stuff.
    Yeah exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Albin0 Rhin0 View Post
    E113, i think Vincent was just trying to crack a joke, no need to get all serious about something that stupid.
    lol I wasn't trying to "crack a joke", and thanks for saying it's stupid.

I meant what I said, and there's nothing silly about it. I sometimes don't understand why very simple things are so badly interpretated. I'd call that a pretty bad spirit...

So we do have a sweet community manager and Zen was very nice towards their fans in introducing someone new who can be online more often and talk with us. For me it's even more an event as the release of EQ. We have new tables all the time, but we never had a community manager ever since this forum was created. I regard it as a mark of respect and an acknowlegdment of our implication.

It was supposed to be a nice post and I have no bloody idea what kind of weird things E113 got into... ?

After getting the travelling reward, there is no time to view your prize as you need to use the flipper to catch the ball........sometimes I'll start a fight and not even realize it......

I appreciate the compliments, but please, no fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I appreciate the compliments, but please, no fighting!
    Don't worry, there is no fighting here ! Nothing is more stupid than arguing on a forum, however, when someone posts something disrespectful towards women, we have to react, because we want this forum to remain clean, and as a moderator I'm sure you'll agree with that. That post was an answer to my own post so I needed to clarify my thinking. Cheers.

What are ya ranting about? I'm sure if you scored 2 billion, which is impossible in its own right, and you got cut off and the score didn't seem to want to register, I can imagine you'd be running to the toilet more than once.
    Honestly, it's a game. I could care less. I have fun. You should give that a whirl. I'll let real world problems get under my skin. I mean really, who cares? It's not exactly a life altering event, and there isn't a beating heart on earth that could care about such a thing were you to tell them. I have to thing you have other avenues in life that will fill the void that is currently left by an unregistered 2B score on a virtual pinball table.

Honestly, it's a game. I could care less. I have fun. You should give that a whirl. I'll let real world problems get under my skin. I mean really, who cares? It's not exactly a life altering event, and there isn't a beating heart on earth that could care about such a thing were you to tell them. I have to thing you have other avenues in life that will fill the void that is currently left by an unregistered 2B score on a virtual pinball table.
    I'm glad you have fun. I can picture you with your popcorn, large drink and xbox controller, having fun. And I'm proud of you for that.

I'm glad you have fun. I can picture you with your popcorn, large drink and xbox controller, having fun. And I'm proud of you for that.
    What do you do? Strap on a helmet...roll out the barbed wire...and sound the air raid siren?

It's a game. You're supposed to have fun. If you have a different approach, I'm curious to hear it. I was simply unaware there was a different goal to playing video games. You don't unplug the phone and pop diazepam to play, do you? Man. Smoke a peace pipe.

With as seriously as you appear to take this, I hope it happens again. LOL

What do you do? Strap on a helmet...roll out the barbed wire...and sound the air raid siren?

It's a game. You're supposed to have fun. If you have a different approach, I'm curious to hear it. I was simply unaware there was a different goal to playing video games. You don't unplug the phone and pop diazepam to play, do you? Man. Smoke a peace pipe.

With as seriously as you appear to take this, I hope it happens again. LOL
    Actually, I put on my Thor helmet, hold up my plastic hammer and Let an almighty shout before I shoot for a skill shot.
    It works most of the time. And I don't become a couch potato with all that buttery popcorn you're eating.

Cool Epic Quest near completion

Come on guys, lets put an end to this as its not a great advertisement for new members etc. By the way my Guide is nearly done, an EPIC 3,500 words so far... should be done by weeks end.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I put on my Thor helmet, hold up my plastic hammer and Let an almighty shout before I shoot for a skill shot.
    I had to giggle at that one Just the picture I got lol, you wearing
    your little barbie panties... jk, jk ;peace:

To view my completed Epic Quest Guide please use the Link on my Sig. I also now have Paranormal & Sorcerers Lair Guides available.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

To view my completed Epic Quest Guide please use the Link on my Sig. I also now have Paranormal & Sorcerers Lair Guides available.
    5.5MB big? Wow, you went overboard on this one.

Great job as always STTC - just wanted to add:

1. I agree with the pricness multiball scoring strategy. I managed to beat wizard mode twice in one game, and it still only rewarded 50 million points, so there really is no real reason to battle/defeat the final boss (unless the 100 level cap gives some kind of bonus, I'm only at 75).

If only one multiball super jackpot is lit, it can be either the monster cave on the right, or the orc left flipper shot. Be sure you know where to shoot if you didn't light both!

2. I prefer the bat multiball over skeleton, only because the forrest ramp is a pretty easy shot to spam, and also using a spell on the bats kills a quick 5 each, I believe. Skeleton is safer, however multiball can be uncontrollable at times.

For those having trouble at the finall boss:

There are two ways I've found to fight, either triggering multiball (the hectic way), or planning shots in single ball mode (the precision way).

1. Multiball - Focus on keeping all 3 balls in play. Having add a ball is great here too. Normal sword ramp attacks don't work, and you I don't think you can cast spells in multiball mode, so I just keep hitting the smash target, and hope for a nice combo. Just watch the timer, and be sure to hit an orbit to reset it if its low - I can only take one hit from the boss, before the second one kills me, so he's very strong.

2. Singleball - The main strategy here is using spells, since again the sword ramp doesn't do much damage. Before that, you need to increase the timer a bit, since the patch to the orc. eats up time, so hit the forrest ramp a few times first. If the timer is getting low, hit an orbit to reset it, otherwise focus on forrest/spell combo.

When he gets in the red (or if I run out of spells), I then switch over to the smash target, since that will actually hurt him.

Quote Originally Posted by Postman View Post
    If only one multiball super jackpot is lit, it can be either the monster cave on the right, or the orc left flipper shot. Be sure you know where to shoot if you didn't light both!
    I never noticed there was more than one super jackpot, thought it was just the Orc'! Thanks, I'll check it out after Thor tournament is over

For those having trouble at the final boss:
    Can't wait until I get that far
    (I managed to unlock monster #12 once, and promptly drained my last ball)

Quote Originally Posted by bclewis View Post
    I never noticed there was more than one super jackpot, thought it was just the Orc'!
    Just thought I'd point out that it isn't random. The 'Super Jackpot' to the LEFT of the princess is for the mill/orc one. The 'Super Jackpot' to the RIGHT of the princess is for the cave.

Same for the regular jackpots. The one on her LEFT is the sword ramp, and the one on her RIGHT is the shield ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    5.5MB big? Wow, you went overboard on this one.
    Well its Epic isn't it?

Sometimes I just get into the groove and its flows

@Postman

Thanks.
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 02-24-2012 at 08:10 PM.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Default They call him Flipper Flipper Flipper

Well its Epic isn't it?

Sometimes I just get into the groove and its flows

@Postman

Thanks.
    I'm thinking about writing a guide about how to flip the flippers. And how not to have sweaty palms at those most important moments. A guide to rival most guides out there. Waste this space, watch my groove. Watch the flippers flow.

Just saw this post from earlier on in the thread...... Really now? Scoring 2 billion on Epic Quest is impossible in it's own right. Either you meant scoring 2 billion on Epic Quest in theory is impossible or you are just plain wrong. Scoring 2 billion on Epic Quest is more than possible in practice. I have myself. Almost 3 in fact and at last checking, 5 people have done even more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by BittenByThePinballBug View Post
    Just saw this post from earlier on in the thread...... Really now? Scoring 2 billion on Epic Quest is impossible in it's own right. Either you meant scoring 2 billion on Epic Quest in theory is impossible or you are just plain wrong. .
    Based on most of what I have read from celtic, he is probably joking, trying to make you mad, or both. Don't read too much into it

I'm thinking about writing a guide about how to flip the flippers. And how not to have sweaty palms at those most important moments. A guide to rival most guides out there. Waste this space, watch my groove. Watch the flippers flow.
    Would like to read that Guide m8, lol that post

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Has anyone here experienced a one ball swarm? That is you get to shoot with only one ball, everything else normal. Then when you finally drain, the second ball comes out ie. you haven't lost a ball, but swarm is over. It happens on iOS and I'm wondering if it's a bug or happens when u have two bals locked already.

And I'm pretty sure if you have full health and hit the cave during battle you DON'T lose a potion, As the STTC guide claims.

There's something else I wanted to say that should be included in the guide, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Evolve or die View Post
    And I'm pretty sure if you have full health and hit the cave during battle you DON'T lose a potion, As the STTC guide claims.

There's something else I wanted to say that should be included in the guide, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was at the moment
    Hmm regarding the healing potion I noticed that it did remove 1 yet I was at max health. Maybe a glitch but it stuck in my mind so it was added to the Guide.

Hopefully you remember that other thing m8 as it helps everyone and 1 day I can update them according.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Hmm regarding the healing potion I noticed that it did remove 1 yet I was at max health. Maybe a glitch but it stuck in my mind so it was added to the Guide.

Hopefully you remember that other thing m8 as it helps everyone and 1 day I can update them according.
    I think it was just the interchangeable nature of cave and loot, as applied to starting dragon and collecting loot.

I remember now, hitting dodge (either) three times in a row gives you fifteen seconds on the clock during a battle

Also with the bats and swarm letters sometimes u hit the ramps and instead of lighting normally they flash and it says you have to hit an orbit or something. WTF????!!! This may be in the guide, I should go check.

And for the love of god, one ball swarms! M8, lock two balls and start swarm and tell me what happens for you. If its a real thing and not just an iOS bug/variation, that should be in bold, red and a foot high.

On iOS at least there is no loss of potion when at max health. Might be there are slightly different rule sets, or just bugs, between platforms
    Last edited by Evolve or die; 02-27-2012 at 01:36 PM.

Snip
    Yeh I need to try that out, need to remember next time I play. I think the Potion thing was a Glitch I was experiencing because after I cleared my System Cache and Updated PFX2 it was no longer happening, true story

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Wrote a post in the bug thread but i want to ask here too. I lost my level, i was at 38, now i'm back to 1. I didn't reset the stats, i hadn't even enter the utility menu. Simply, last time i played all was alright, this evening the game started with view 1 on ( not the one i usually use) and i noticed i was back at level 1. Great. Did this happen to anyone else?
    "The heart reveals what smiles betray" - Rise against

Wink Har at epic fail

Quote Originally Posted by Zuprichy View Post
    Wrote a post in the bug thread but i want to ask here too. I lost my level, i was at 38, now i'm back to 1. I didn't reset the stats, i hadn't even enter the utility menu. Simply, last time i played all was alright, this evening the game started with view 1 on ( not the one i usually use) and i noticed i was back at level 1. Great. Did this happen to anyone else?
    Unlucky hehehe, did something happen to your Xbox at all???
    or anything else you can think of?...

Yes... I've lost my stats on ALL tables. My wife's profile didn't,though, so it's not the HD. It's not such a big problem, my high scores are still there(luckily the leaderboards are online), but in spiderman and Epic quest my level is 1...
    "The heart reveals what smiles betray" - Rise against

Yep, I experienced the exact same thing; it happened once I re-downloaded the update after clearing my cache a couple of days ago but I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I was at level 48.

I played my butt off over the last 2 days and grinded myself back to level 67, and was able to eek out a 1.03 Billion score. But god man, those outlanes. I was losing so many consecutive balls down the left gutter that I was half expecting for Max to start talking in Pinbot's voice.
    Last edited by hectorpuppet; 02-28-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Yes... I've lost my stats on ALL tables. My wife's profile didn't,though, so it's not the HD. It's not such a big problem, my high scores are still there(luckily the leaderboards are online), but in spiderman and Epic quest my level is 1...
    Oh no! I will let the team know, I am so sorry!

Is there a way to backup your character? I checked the save files, but it didn't look possible........

I cleared my Cache yesterday to test this. Booted up PFX2 and thank goodness my Level was untouched, I feel for all those who experienced this bug. Im at level 88 now so losing that now would break my Heart.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I cleared my Cache yesterday to test this. Booted up PFX2 and thank goodness my Level was untouched, I feel for all those who experienced this bug. Im at level 88 now so losing that now would break my Heart.
    You actually deliberately tested this reported issue when you were 12 levels away from reaching the max? That takes some guts.

Still, I'm addicted to EQ enough at the moment that I wouldn't mind going through my progress from the beginning. I was going to concentrate on Thor for the duration of the tournament, but after too many ass-kickings by Ymir I keep finding myself back on EQ.

My third game into the tournament I achieved my highest-ever Thor score -- while experimenting with new (to me) flipper techniques -- and I haven't been able to touch it since.

You actually deliberately tested this reported issue when you were 12 levels away from reaching the max? That takes some guts.
    I wanted to test it out for the Community, yeh I guess its freaking nutz come to think about it

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Exclamation

When you get to level 100, how do you activate your bonus multipliers?? Or does that just happen automatically.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Quote Originally Posted by hectorpuppet View Post
    I was losing so many consecutive balls down the left gutter that I was half expecting for Max to start talking in Pinbot's voice.
    You just brought back some really, really bad memories

"Tilt, All data lost, Tilt, All data lost". -PB

Quote Originally Posted by SBVIPER View Post
    "Tilt, All data lost, Tilt, All data lost". -PB
    Oh... so heartbreaking!

When you get to level 100, how do you activate your bonus multipliers?? Or does that just happen automatically.
    I think it's automatic, as I hit 100 a few days ago and nothing much changed.....super jackpot value is actually 20.6 million, I wonder where that extra .6 million is coming from, or maybe that is the bonus somehow....

Default One ball swarms

OK, here's some homework for all you 360 epic questers.

Lock two balls and trigger the SWARM multiball (quick tip: if you're one letter off you can go to the skillshot and dump it in the mill lane to the left of the skillshot channel, and it will drop down on the ramp and give you the last letter and a double ball save)

On iOS this will start a one ball swarm where you can shoot skulls to your hearts content without the inconvenience of a second ball. When you finally drain the second ball will come out, ie no loss of ball, and even goes straight to the top left flipper for the extra ball shot in the orcanium.

So try it out, and see if it works on the 360.

It might just be an iOS variant/bug, like the fact that on ios you can only get two extra balls per GAME, not per BALL like you lucky console owners

Still, I'm addicted to EQ enough at the moment that I wouldn't mind going through my progress from the beginning. I was going to concentrate on Thor for the duration of the tournament, but after too many ass-kickings by Ymir I keep finding myself back on EQ.

My third game into the tournament I achieved my highest-ever Thor score -- while experimenting with new (to me) flipper techniques -- and I haven't been able to touch it since.
    Yeah.. Level 86 myself

OK, here's some homework for all you 360 epic questers.

Lock two balls and trigger the SWARM multiball (quick tip: if you're one letter off you can go to the skillshot and dump it in the mill lane to the left of the skillshot channel, and it will drop down on the ramp and give you the last letter and a double ball save)

On iOS this will start a one ball swarm where you can shoot skulls to your hearts content without the inconvenience of a second ball. When you finally drain the second ball will come out, ie no loss of ball, and even goes straight to the top left flipper for the extra ball shot in the orcanium.

So try it out, and see if it works on the 360.

It might just be an iOS variant/bug, like the fact that on ios you can only get two extra balls per GAME, not per BALL like you lucky console owners
    I tested this yesterday, it doesn't seem to happen in the x360 version. I started SWARM 3 or 4 times while having 2 balls locked in the princess wheel and it always launched the second ball, and the SWARM multiball ended when i lost one of the 2 balls in play. No other ball came out when this happened.

Thanks for reporting the bug, though, hopefully Zen can fix bugs easier in your version than in ours.

In anoter note, did anyone notice if point rewards for killing monsters and the final dragon increase as you (and them seemingly) level up? I'm only level fifty something so far, killing the dragon has given me something around 50 millions the times i've been able to notice it. Also, do they increase as you beat them over and over in the same game? I once managed to beat the dragon twice in the same game but couldn't catch the amount of points it gave.

I'm asking this 'cos i'm not entirely sure princess multiball is the way to go scoring wise in this table, since to lock balls in the wheel you have to beat monsters anyway. If there's a bad decision Zen made with this table is to allow the same monster to be killed over and over again without having to complete "wizard" mode. I soooo wish Zen could patch this kind of things out.

When I reached 100 It gave me a bonus to my highest score, which was 540..When I reached 100 My score was 639.. I then ended with 758m.

Has anyone here experienced a one ball swarm?
    Yes. It happened a different way from the bug in the iOS version.

This is correct. Upon entering the cave during a battle with full health, the DMD will read Health is at Maximum (instead of Healed). The ball will be ejected and no potion will be consumed.

Quote Originally Posted by nomilarac View Post
    did anyone notice if point rewards for killing monsters and the final dragon increase as you (and them seemingly) level up? I'm only level fifty something so far, killing the dragon has given me something around 50 millions the times i've been able to notice it. Also, do they increase as you beat them over and over in the same game? I once managed to beat the dragon twice in the same game but couldn't catch the amount of points it gave.
    The reward for killing a monster is always one million points. The reward for slaying the dragon is always 50 million points. Winning any battle without getting hit will award a 500,000 point Perfect Fight bonus (including the dragon).
    They took our pinball machines!
    Let's revolt, who's with me?
    Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!

Default Find the bunny

Quote Originally Posted by nomilarac View Post

I'm asking this 'cos i'm not entirely sure princess multiball is the way to go scoring wise in this table, since to lock balls in the wheel you have to beat monsters anyway. If there's a bad decision Zen made with this table is to allow the same monster to be killed over and over again without having to complete "wizard" mode. I soooo wish Zen could patch this kind of things out.
    first. Thanks for testing the swarm bug.

Secondly, are you crazy? Multiball is the best scoring strategy. Dragon gives 50M once every 12 monsters. A decent multiball should net you 100M (and maybe extra ball and an increase in multipliers). And as you cross the monsters off the list and complete sets of four, it becomes harder and harder to start a monster fight and therefore start multiball.

So if you adopt the multiball over the dragon strategy, you NEVER want to complete a set of four monsters. So fighting the same monster repeatedly is a blessing. Especially when you find the 'bunny'.

'bunny' is a cricketing term and refers to a batsman who gets consistently pwned by a certain bowler. Basically he's their bitch. Now in every set of four monsters there's a bunny. For example, I'm on level 78 with good equipment, and there will be some who do 1700 damage, some 1000, some 700 and some 380. The damage is the number I look at, their HP can correspond to being low or high, but sometimes not. It doesn't matter to me how many times I have to hit them, rather how many hits I can take. So if you find the bunny in a set (a 380 or 700 in my case) you can always just choose to fight it again, as the game will keep the monster's stats the same (In a different game the bunny might change. Wolf one game might do 1700, the next 380). The trick is to find the bunny in 2 selections, as you don't really want to complete more than 2 in a set due to monster trophies.

In fact, the worst thing when you do the multiball strategy is monster trophies. They can complete a set when you have 3 in a set completed, so that's why 2 is a good number to complete. And (not 100% sure) they don't count towards the monsters defeated end of ball bonus.

This table does have a few problems, mainly the weighting given to the scoring. Orbits are worth sooo much compared to everything else. It renders a lot of other shots pretty worthless. BATS becomes a bit of a joke in comparison. And likewise for continued multiballs over the dragon.
    Last edited by Evolve or die; 03-14-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Has there always been a big shamrock in the forest, or is this a St. Paddy's Day easter egg?

Quote Originally Posted by duwease View Post
    Has there always been a big shamrock in the forest, or is this a St. Paddy's Day easter egg?
    That's always been there. It's right behind the loot sinkhole, I assume it's related to the "major fortune", "minor fortune" messages you get (I'm not clear on these rules, are these random occurrences when hitting the loot hole when it's empty?). I believe it's actually supposed to be a 4-leaf clover.
    [ edit - you can see it in this screenshot: http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/6594...es/gs_screen-4 ]

I'm now a level 60 Arch Knight. I have finally now faced the dragon, who ultimately beat me (though I had it in the red).

In that game I broke 300M on my first ball, only to achieve a final score of 344M. Still, my best so far.

I have now developed the nasty habit of landing in the "multi ball" slot when locking my 3rd ball. Does anyone know if this has *any* benefit whatsoever?
    Last edited by bclewis; 03-19-2012 at 06:59 AM.

I have now developed the nasty habit of landing in the "multi ball" slot when locking my 3rd ball. Does anyone know if this has *any* benefit whatsoever?
    Hahaha. You poor soul. None. Nada. Nup. It's a wasted slot.

If you hit that slot at first (no other balls locked), multiball starts immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by LK9T9 View Post
    If you hit that slot at first (no other balls locked), multiball starts immediately.
    Yes, I'm aware of this; but I've started hitting it with my *3rd* ball, which is somewhat less useful (i.e. "total write off").

It happens when I aim for "Extra Ball" (directly adjacent to "multiball") when locking 3rd ball; I generally go for the Jackpot lanes first.

Yeah, in this case it's really "somewhat less useful".

I just had some sort of miracle run on Epic Quest where I was able to kill the dragon. My high score went up to 187 million, from my previous high score of 41 million. It was the first time I ever reached or beat a Wizard Mode in a pinball game.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to replicate the feat, but it was great fun. Thanks, Zen Studios, for making such an addictive and original table.

I finally bought and have played Epic Quest for a bit.

I love:

- Medieval Madness / Monty Python-esk vibe. Really awesome sense of humour (the princess lines are classic - Give us more!)

- Look and general flow seems pretty good.

- No cross ramp shot (Really a huge plus! Nice to see different designs!!!!)

I am unsure about:

- The whole table seems to be about the sword ramp. Is every single mission really just grinding that ramp over and over? I prefer tables where the missions force you to use a variety of ramps personally (though I may be mistaken; I did manage to beat 4-5 monsters though in one go).

- There seems to be a lack of table toys too. I may have just not started the modes yet but I tend to like mini-play-fields and was expecting some mini-games (shooting arrows at targets or something?) Or magnetic cranes etc etc etc - Again this MAY be in the table and I just haven't discovered it yet.

---
    Overall I can see why everyone likes it; I love the theme and the layout but not too sure on the mission structure atm.

EDIT: Okay; Got all the creatures defeated on my 3rd game ever. So yeah - I love the look, charm and feel of the table but this one is a touch easy for me personally. Not much risk of draining if you play relatively safe. It's still a fun table though.

EDIT 2: Grr... Got to the dragon about 5 times (twice in one game) and always choke on the last couple of shots.

I really like this table now I have spent some time with it. But I still think it's a touch too easy. But that is fine as there plenty of harder tables around (as long as Zen does make a hard table from time-to-time i'm happy).

Really well done though guys .
    Last edited by Lepruk86; 03-25-2012 at 09:30 PM.
    My Youtube channel I have started, Playthroughs, game chatter - that sort of thing

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNDpP...el_video_title

Default Pink, yellow, and flowers?

Why oh why did this game come out pink and yellow with flowers on it. It kind of ruins it for the males over age 11. Cool concept, but ugh.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by LukkyNL View Post
    I'm a married 32 year old dad of a Zen Pinball loving 2 1/2 year old son. He loves to watch while I play Pinball FX 2 and Zen Pinball. Sometimes I help him to play too
    Ah man, that's so cute.. I'm think I'm gonna blub !

Ok can anyone advice me on how to hit the cave entrance... my games go exactly the same everytime - beat the crap out of the Mill and Forest monsters with ease then constant ball lossage as i try and try again and again to hit the cave for the remaining monster icons. This is perhaps the easiest table Zen have released since Ms Sploshion Man but can i access the wizard mode - can i buggery and its all down to this one shot (like Merlin Ramp on Excalibur, i just cant nail the shot)

Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post
    Ok can anyone advice me on how to hit the cave entrance.
    A tip shot from the left flipper usually does the trick.

Make sure the ball has a enough speed going down the left flipper or it won't go in. Don't try capturing the ball with the flipper, because the ball won't get enough speed to make the shot.

Note: I'm playing the PS3 version, so your mileage may vary on the 360 version.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    A tip shot from the left flipper usually does the trick.

Make sure the ball has a enough speed going down the left flipper or it won't go in. Don't try capturing the ball with the flipper, because the ball won't get enough speed to make the shot.

Note: I'm playing the PS3 version, so your mileage may vary on the 360 version.
    You can make the shot from a stopped ball, when you let it roll over the tip from the left flipper.
    It may need some practice. When I started playing shots like these seemed pretty random and not really doable for me. I struggled a lot with the SNIKT shot at Wolverine or the Red Skull ramp on Cap. It takes some practice, but I can promise that you're going to improve.

As Shogun00 said, it's easier when the ball has higher speed. What often works for me is that I play the ball through the right orbit and use that speed to volley it in. If it doesn't hit, then it most likely just does a second round through right orbit, so the danger of loosing a ball is not that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post
    Ok can anyone advice me on how to hit the cave entrance... my games go exactly the same everytime - beat the crap out of the Mill and Forest monsters with ease then constant ball lossage as i try and try again and again to hit the cave for the remaining monster icons.
    In addition to what others said, if your goal is getting to wizard mode I'd recommend concentrating on the cave shot right from the beginning of your game. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you (I clear out the Forest and Orcanium almost without trying for it, leaving me with the cave). It wasn't until I started shooting for the cave from the beginning that I started getting to wizard mode; I've got there a few times now using this tactic (and beat the dragon once!).

In addition to what others said, if your goal is getting to wizard mode I'd recommend concentrating on the cave shot right from the beginning of your game. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you (I clear out the Forest and Orcanium almost without trying for it, leaving me with the cave). It wasn't until I started shooting for the cave from the beginning that I started getting to wizard mode; I've got there a few times now using this tactic (and beat the dragon once!).

I agree concentrate on cave shot from the begging. The way I do it is get the ball into the 'loot' hole and let it shoot at your right flipper and should bounce to the left flipper with enough speed to get the tip shot afterward. I like to do either the cave shot or right travel lane to get the random rewards.

Good luck

I think it's automatic, as I hit 100 a few days ago and nothing much changed.....super jackpot value is actually 20.6 million, I wonder where that extra .6 million is coming from, or maybe that is the bonus somehow....
    Still working on leveling up my Epic Quest Character, I was wondering if anyone who has hit level 100 can clue me in on what the Jackpot (Not Super, regular) tops out at?

Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    Still working on leveling up my Epic Quest Character, I was wondering if anyone who has hit level 100 can clue me in on what the Jackpot (Not Super, regular) tops out at?
    Il check later today and post it, well that is if someone doesn't beat me to it.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    Just over 20 million? Oops that be super, so half that for regular jackpot, 10M

Just over 20 million? Oops that be super, so half that for regular jackpot, 10M
    Thanks, I figured as much but just wanted someone with level 100 to confirm.

Right now I'm at 86 or something like that. Even though Epic Quest is one of my favorite tables from Zen, I haven't been playing much because ZP2 is coming out. When we still don't know but it looks like middle of the month.

Started playing the table two days ago... got the achievements and am now at level 30. Level 100 feels super far away and it doesn't seem like it change much as you level up except for the amount of points you score... not a very exciting or challenging table in the end. Think I'll rather go for a bil score and leave it at that... rather play F4 again and off-course the new tables later in a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Started playing the table two days ago... got the achievements and am now at level 30. Level 100 feels super far away and it doesn't seem like it change much as you level up except for the amount of points you score... not a very exciting or challenging table in the end. Think I'll rather go for a bil score and leave it at that... rather play F4 again and off-course the new tables later in a couple of days.
    You aint EPIC till you succeed your QUEST at leveling up to 100!

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    I had a very similar experience. I got to about level 35, finished all the achievements and haven't played EQ since.

It's a fun table to beat but it is sort of like a series of 24. Once it's done, well... you don't really feel the urge to redo it.
    My Youtube channel I have started, Playthroughs, game chatter - that sort of thing

Quote Originally Posted by Lepruk86 View Post
    I had a very similar experience. I got to about level 35, finished all the achievements and haven't played EQ since.

It's a fun table to beat but it is sort of like a series of 24. Once it's done, well... you don't really feel the urge to redo it.
    Same here! I think I got up to level 40, before I gave up. I already got all of the trophies and it doesn't help that the ball spin glitch (PS3 version only) kills the joy out of it.

Similar for me – I only started Epic Quest a couple of weeks ago.

Tis a dismal, boring table in my opinion. Very little to do in terms of variety of missions or challenge.

Basically boils down to 3 elements:
    Fighting monsters (hitting the same ramps over and over)
    Skeletons / Bats – basically the same thing but one with a time limit.
    Multiball

As with Spiderman I don’t think it’s a good idea for a table to save your progress in a way that effects scoring.

One of the very worst tables in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Alipan View Post
    Similar for me – I only started Epic Quest a couple of weeks ago.

Tis a dismal, boring table in my opinion. Very little to do in terms of variety of missions or challenge.

Basically boils down to 3 elements:
    Fighting monsters (hitting the same ramps over and over)
    Skeletons / Bats – basically the same thing but one with a time limit.
    Multiball

As with Spiderman I don’t think it’s a good idea for a table to save your progress in a way that effects scoring.

One of the very worst tables in my opinion.
    "Worst" might be a bit harsh, but it def lacks the inspiration and vision I had originally hoped for. I think they were on the right track- it just, like you said, comes down to the variety, or lack thereof.

It is a table I would happily allow a sequel for though.

Epic Quest 2 could use some of the mechanics but be a much better table overall.

I really expected there to be an archery mini-game for example given the feature on the back etc.

It's a shame because I actually love the visuals of the table; it has a really fun art style.

It would be like if Medieval madness only had the castle missions and nothing more. That's what Epic Quest feels like, there's no zest, nothing extra to chase etc. This is okay on tables that are harder (EG Thor, Iron-man lack extras, but the wizard modes are hard so it's okay for them); but EQ is quite easy to complete.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123