Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 101 to 148 of 148

Thread: Official Epic Quest : Info & Discussion about the Table etc.

  1. #101
    Senior Member bclewis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smike View Post
    I noticed something strange regarding the epic loot as well. I had 3 "Epic" items, whose text was purple when I acquired them.. but a few games later, when I had the opportunity to change it via new loot, their text was yellow (basic level loot) and the light was off. It was definitely the same item, though (I remember it, seeing as the name was something like "The ___ of unbalanced stats". I laughed, so I remember knowing it was purple/epic when I got it).

    I still managed to get the Epic Win achievement when I acquired my 4th piece of loot, though.

    Does a piece of equipment lose "rarity value" when you level up, maybe? For example, is a level 10 epic item no longer considered epic when you're level 20?
    Yes, I've definitely seen the same thing (Epic Items appearing "non-epic" in later games). Perhaps this could be related to the issue of the Epic Item lights being reset even when they're not all lit.

  2. #102
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bclewis View Post
    Yes, I've definitely seen the same thing (Epic Items appearing "non-epic" in later games). Perhaps this could be related to the issue of the Epic Item lights being reset even when they're not all lit.
    I think (and this occurred to me while I was reading the thread before asking this exact question) what happens is that as you go up in level, your current Epic item becomes less so compared to newer (and thus higher level) blue/yellow items.

    So if you get the Epic Helmet of Foo at level 10, when you get to level 20 it's no longer Epic because it has level 10 stats, and common/rare level 20 items are as good/better.

  3. #103
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    One thing I have been unable to figure out (while I can't DO everything else, at least I know how they work...):

    Once you burn a kickback, how do you re-light them? I'm afraid it's the two spots (below the trapdoor in front of Max on the left and just below the dungeon ramp on the right) that are (to me) almost impossible to hit.

    Am I right?

  4. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrdannimal View Post
    One thing I have been unable to figure out (while I can't DO everything else, at least I know how they work...):

    Once you burn a kickback, how do you re-light them? I'm afraid it's the two spots (below the trapdoor in front of Max on the left and just below the dungeon ramp on the right) that are (to me) almost impossible to hit.

    Am I right?
    From what I have observed about kickbacks, you will always get one back when you level up. I am not sure though if you get both back if you are missing both. Also you can get them from Travelling as part of an event. In case you don't know, and sorry if you do, travelling is when you hit the outer orbits. At the start of a go if you hit 2 outer orbits (Or the Dodge orbits they are called during fights) you will get an event and then after that the amount of travelling orbits you have to hit goes up to 5 for the next event though it might step up to 4 first and then 5. Not completely sure. I would normally be certain on this but my strategy focuses on the Smash Target activating Ball Save, so I don't make close observations with regards to the kickbacks, other then, Do I have them or not. Keep shooting the travelling lanes in order to get events and eventually you will bring them back up. During that time though you could get lots of potions, XP rewards and Loot unlocks before even getting one kickback back. It adds a luck factor to keeping your defences up which is the only thing I don't like about the table. You could have lost a ball by the time you get a kickback back. You could even get the kickback back and then lose it straight away if very unlucky.

    I really dislike losing my kickbacks on this table. The lengths you have to go to to get them back in comparison to how easily you can lose them is a little disproportionate. The table is very whimsical but that aspect of it definitely brings some seriousness back to it. You hit a ramp or target wrong whilst without kickbacks and you can quite easily roll over the top of the bumpers. If you are unlucky and nudging doesn't help, you will be hitting the outlane. Keep Ball Save active and when it isn't. Don't miss or pay the price.

    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by BittenByThePinballBug; 02-23-2012 at 08:05 PM.

  5. #105
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,338

    Wink Epic quest guide done!!!

    Its 28 Pages and 7,756 Words, look out for it soon guys and girls!


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  6. #106
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas / The Silver State
    Posts
    1,042

    Lightbulb

    Is there any signifigance to the chicken crapping out the egg??
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

  7. #107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    Is there any signifigance to the chicken crapping out the egg??
    From what I can tell it happens when you get a failed shot into the Orcanium. Been a few days since I played the table though so can't remember completely. If that is the case though it is probably just a polite way for the chicken to tell us what he thinks about a bad shot. Kinda like how Shao Kahn tells Mortal Kombat players they suck when they drop a combo.

  8. #108
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,338

    Default

    To view my completed Epic Quest Guide please use the Link on my Sig or go to the first post of this Thread. I also now have Paranormal & Sorcerers Lair Guides available.


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  9. #109
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Yeah, I noticed last night that Kickback was one of the traveling rewards. I'll have to pay attention during level-ups to see if there's a pattern (both, left first, whatever...)

    Quote Originally Posted by BittenByThePinballBug View Post
    From what I have observed about kickbacks, you will always get one back when you level up. I am not sure though if you get both back if you are missing both. Also you can get them from Travelling as part of an event.

  10. #110
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Oh, one other thing that re-occurred to me while reading Shoryu's guide (which is great, btw):

    Is it possible to get the ball launch in the far right lane (right of the Skill Shot)? There's a rollover and a guide to drop the ball into the Right Travel Orbit, but I've never been able to do it (and I actually started trying out of curiosity). Anyone pull this off?

  11. #111
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,338

    Default

    Thanks m8, oh that yh I haven't done that either. Guys I made a Thread where I post all the links to my Guides, instead of making my Sig explode this was the next best thing. I reserved 4 posts spaces surely should keep me going for some time. Check it out when you can and let me know what you think, I would like the thread to be only used for those links but alas thats doubtful lol.
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 02-24-2012 at 07:37 PM.


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  12. #112

    Default

    Really good stuff with the guide Shoryuken. I'm not just saying that because you added in my stuff at the end. I am very grateful that you did of course No no the reason I say it is very impressive is because it's nicely presented as well as very good in how much detail it goes into. I haven't looked at your guides before but I really enjoyed adapting my strategies for this table and playing the table itself. I think the table has really got people talking about it on here so I wanted to look at your guide just to see what you had done with it. I think the people here are privileged that you put the amount of work into it that you did. Even though you added my bit in, your guide actually made my guide look like an after thought. Not necessarily on how effective the content is but the overall presentation and work. And lets be honest my guide whilst good for getting scores and staying alive would have been nothing without knowing how the table and everything on it works and you couldn't have done a better job of giving all the people here who want it, exactly that.

  13. #113
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,338

    Talking Thanks for the kind word everyone!

    Quote Originally Posted by BittenByThePinballBug View Post
    Snip
    Thank you m8 means alot, Yeh I put alot into this one because its had to be EPIC well I made a Thread where I can post all my Links to the Guides as my sig was becoming to big. Trying to get it Stickied and Locked so that it remains a place for direct links to the Guides via the Forums.

    I do get alot of Thank you msgs, its nice to know that you have helped a fellow man out so to speak.

    I guess you are now one of my partners in crime


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  14. #114
    Senior Member bclewis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrdannimal View Post
    Is it possible to get the ball launch in the far right lane (right of the Skill Shot)? There's a rollover and a guide to drop the ball into the Right Travel Orbit, but I've never been able to do it (and I actually started trying out of curiosity). Anyone pull this off?
    I've been wondering about that for a while as well, I expected it to happen if I launched slightly too softly, but it never has. Maybe if you give an appropriate nudge at the right time it would fall in... but why would you ever want to do so?

    [ edit: another thought -- could it be possible that if you launch too hard, you might apply a nudge to try make the skill shot, and the far right lane is there to make that technique harder to pull off? I've never tried nudging for that skill shot, it's not very hard to get by throttling the plunger power to the correct amount. ]
    Last edited by bclewis; 02-24-2012 at 11:06 PM.

  15. #115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Thank you m8 means alot, Yeh I put alot into this one because its had to be EPIC well I made a Thread where I can post all my Links to the Guides as my sig was becoming to big. Trying to get it Stickied and Locked so that it remains a place for direct links to the Guides via the Forums.

    I do get alot of Thank you msgs, its nice to know that you have helped a fellow man out so to speak.

    I guess you are now one of my partners in crime
    Well with my scoring strategy and your guide detailing everything on the table so well, neatly joined together like that, the guide really is Epic. The standard on the table should be greatly improved with regards to the people who come here playing it. Those who were finding it difficult now have everything they need to be able to put in some nice scores with practice. Lucky peeps.

  16. #116
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,338

    Default

    True that m8.

    So how is everyone doing on the Table? Im at Lvl72.


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  17. #117
    Senior Member bclewis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    130

    Default

    I don't recall my exact level, but I'm at least a "Monster Hunter" now. I haven't played any Epic Quest since the Thor tournament started (where so far I've got 114M, a personal best for Thor AND for a tournament, yay).

    On EQ, my high score is now around 178M I think, and I have yet to fact the dragon, though I came close once.
    Last edited by bclewis; 02-25-2012 at 07:10 AM.

  18. #118
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,338

    Default

    You will get there m8 don't worry. Yeh the Thorament has made me start playing Thor also. I guess this Thread was a success as we have torn the Table apart, couldn't have been done eithout everyones contribution.


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  19. #119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Shrewsbury, UK
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Just wanted to say a big thanks to shoryuken and bitten for the latest guide. Truly a brilliant piece of work. V clearly presented with some great detail on how to play the table and also how to score well on it.

    Great work guys!

  20. #120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corpsesmith View Post
    Just wanted to say a big thanks to shoryuken and bitten for the latest guide. Truly a brilliant piece of work. V clearly presented with some great detail on how to play the table and also how to score well on it.

    Great work guys!
    Thank you thank you!

  21. #121
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    121

    Talking The Funtastic Smashing Tale of the Travelling Billionaire Dragonslayer

    My journey began with a SKILLSHOT, a SMASH, and some easy TRAVELLING.
    I collected my LOOT and continued on my travels smashing and shooting with skill as my wealth increased.
    Along the way some ELEMENTAL SCROLLS were generously provided as REWARDS for all the mileage points I had accumulated.

    Since I travel easily with my LEFT and smash with the RIGHT I occassionally visited a nearby CAVE, FOREST or MILL.
    Of course, I practiced with SHIELD and SWORD, MULTIPLYING my coin along the way as well as bashing the nameless hoards of BATS and SKELETONS with my trusty burning mace "FIREBALL +499". Eventually some larger MONSTERS showed up.
    I dispatched them with ease and the kindly PRINCESS of MULTIBALLshire gave me some JACKPOTS and an EXTRA BALL.

    I was travelling for some time before a large DRAGON reared its ugly head and quickly defeated me.
    However, honor demanded that I continue so, I gathered my wits, sharpened my skills in a few minor battles, and then I prevailed over that dastardly fiend in our second bout. One magic scroll was very useful in weakening the beast considerably.

    Casually travelling and smashing... gathering millions for eash skillshot and collecting other loot, vanquishing the occassional monster - my bankroll continued to swell. I met another DRAGON and as the tale went much as before I will not bore you with the dreary details, except to say that the treasure I found allowed me to enter the hallowed halls of the BILLIONARE'S CLUB.

    I remember very little after that, as the fog of that odd dream seemed to disipate quickly and I found myself sitting on a moderately comfy couch in front of a somewhat boring television screen once again.

    Oh well... round and round we go... what's on now, NASCAR or golf?
    Last edited by FIREBALL; 02-25-2012 at 10:01 PM.

  22. #122
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corpsesmith View Post
    Just wanted to say a big thanks to shoryuken and bitten for the latest guide. Truly a brilliant piece of work. V clearly presented with some great detail on how to play the table and also how to score well on it.

    Great work guys!
    Thanks so much m8 means alot, remember to thank Zen also because without them these Guides wouldn't be possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by FIREBALL View Post
    Snip
    Hahah this is awesome.


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  23. #123
    Senior Member bclewis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrdannimal View Post
    Is it possible to get the ball launch in the far right lane (right of the Skill Shot)? There's a rollover and a guide to drop the ball into the Right Travel Orbit, but I've never been able to do it (and I actually started trying out of curiosity). Anyone pull this off?
    I've now managed to do this, intentionally, using a nudge. There is no strategic advantage to doing so that I can see.

    In other news, I couldn't resist playing a few more rounds of EQ in spite of the Thornament. Turns out my memory was faulty, and my HS is currently sitting at 190M, not 178M. I'm disappointed to find my Cruel Brand of Shocking Awesomeness (+211, lightning) no longer feels quite as Epic as it once did.
    Last edited by bclewis; 02-26-2012 at 09:25 PM.

  24. #124
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Has anyone here recently cleared their system cache and re-downloaded the update since Epic Quest was released? I did just that today and am now reset to Level 1 after reaching Level 48 (I think) a few days ago. My Spiderman stats, low as they were, also got reset.

    I'm not sure if this is an issue with my console or the game itself, but you may want to consider this a warning...

  25. #125
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hectorpuppet View Post
    Has anyone here recently cleared their system cache and re-downloaded the update since Epic Quest was released? I did just that today and am now reset to Level 1 after reaching Level 48 (I think) a few days ago. My Spiderman stats, low as they were, also got reset.

    I'm not sure if this is an issue with my console or the game itself, but you may want to consider this a warning...
    Woah I was just thinking about clearing my cache to get rid of Game update data for games im not really playing. Im at Level 80 btw.


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  26. #126
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    183

    Default Find the bunny

    I posted this in the other Xbox eq thread, but will do so here too. Bring on the table sub-forums!!!

    There's been some talk over whether to go for the dragon or just ignore it and concentrate on the princess multiballs....

    Multiball is the best scoring strategy. Dragon gives 50M once every 12 monsters. A decent multiball should net you 100M (and maybe extra ball and an increase in multipliers). And as you cross the monsters off the list and complete sets of four, it becomes harder and harder to start a monster fight and therefore start multiball.

    So if you adopt the multiball over the dragon strategy, you NEVER want to complete a set of four monsters. So fighting the same monster repeatedly is a blessing. Especially when you find the 'bunny'.

    'bunny' is a cricketing term and refers to a batsman (batter) who gets consistently pwned by a certain bowler (pitcher). Basically he's their bitch. Now in every set of four monsters there's a bunny. For example, I'm on level 78 with good equipment, and there will be some who do 1700 damage, some 1000, some 700 and some 380. The damage is the number I look at, their HP can correspond to being low or high, but sometimes not. It doesn't matter to me how many times I have to hit them, rather how many hits I can take. So if you find the bunny in a set (a 380 or 700 in my case) you can always just choose to fight it again, as the game will keep the monster's stats the same (In a different game the bunny might change. Wolf one game might do 1700, the next 380). The trick is to find the bunny in 2 selections, as you don't really want to complete more than 2 in a set due to monster trophies.

    In fact, the worst thing when you do the multiball strategy is monster trophies. They can complete a set when you have 3 in a set completed, so that's why 2 is a good number to complete. And (not 100% sure) they don't count towards the monsters defeated end of ball bonus.

    And pinballbug, there should be four lights beneath the orcarium you can use to see which spells you already have when going for the spell skillshot.

  27. #127
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    3

    Default 2 million points on passing the Orc

    Hi all,

    I'm playing on PS3 and I don't seem to get the 2 million points after a skillshot while passing the Orc with all scrolls collected (got a message like "got to to get them all" and the 4 light under the Orc are lit, all torches lit during a fight).

    I tried to push the ball into one of the holes and also just let the ball pass through the Orc.

    Is this different on the PS3? I'm I doing something wrong?

    Tips/Hints are welcome.

    - MadChoice

  28. #128
    Senior Member SBVIPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Woah I was just thinking about clearing my cache to get rid of Game update data for games im not really playing. Im at Level 80 btw.
    Ok, just to help out and clear things up a bit. Clearing the system cache clears only game updates, not even system or dashboard updates but game updates only.

    Clearing the cache does not repeat does NOT clear game save data. EVER! I've been clearing my cache since February of 2008 and have never lost a game save file. If that were the case I'd have unlock Jive Time again in PHoF:Williams Collection, and I definitely don't ever want to do that again lol.

    Game files can glitch YES, they can be corrupted via power surges or bad data transfers from cloud or flash drives YES. But clearing your cache has nothing to do with your game save files.

    Hope that helps M8's, a once of month clearing of the system cache is quite healthy for the speed of your dashboard! Cheers!

  29. #129
    Senior Member bclewis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrdannimal View Post
    Oh, one other thing that re-occurred to me while reading Shoryu's guide (which is great, btw):

    Is it possible to get the ball launch in the far right lane (right of the Skill Shot)? There's a rollover and a guide to drop the ball into the Right Travel Orbit, but I've never been able to do it (and I actually started trying out of curiosity). Anyone pull this off?
    Earlier I reported that it's possible to do this with a nudge; I can now confirm it can happen without nudging as well -- but it's only happened to me once to date.

  30. #130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    270

    Default

    I posted my opinions in the other Epic Quest thread.

    But to sum up what I said there, I like the table but find it a touch easy. The ball is rarely out of control on this table (for me at least).

    I love the monty python / Medieval madness vibe the table has and really want more VO from the princess.
    My Youtube channel I have started, Playthroughs, game chatter - that sort of thing

    Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNDpP...el_video_title

  31. #131
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lepruk86 View Post
    But to sum up what I said there, I like the table but find it a touch easy. The ball is rarely out of control on this table (for me at least).
    Try playing the PS3 version then. The ball is almost always out of control thanks to the ball spin glitch in the physics engine.

  32. #132
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    121

    Arrow Skill Shots & EOB Bonus

    I almost always go for the Skill Shot.
    It's fairly easy & 3 million is a decent amount, plus you get some extra score via the End-of-Ball Bonus (EoBB).
    The EoBB is also increased by Skeletons & killing Monsters.

    I'll check the amounts when I get the chance, but as on most tables,
    the EoBB can really increase your score.
    Max out those Multipliers!

  33. #133
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default Auto-fire of ball?

    Has anyone ever encountered a situation where a new ball gets auto-fired without triggering it? I've seen it in a number of games now, but have no idea why it happens. It eliminates my ability to go for the skill shot (should I choose), and is really annoying. (Playing on PS3.)

  34. #134
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinc View Post
    Has anyone ever encountered a situation where a new ball gets auto-fired without triggering it? I've seen it in a number of games now, but have no idea why it happens. It eliminates my ability to go for the skill shot (should I choose), and is really annoying. (Playing on PS3.)
    When you drain a ball down the middle with the ball save activated? That's my only guess, probably not in this case though, as I don't own Zen Pinball or Epic Quest.

  35. #135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinc View Post
    Has anyone ever encountered a situation where a new ball gets auto-fired without triggering it? I've seen it in a number of games now, but have no idea why it happens. It eliminates my ability to go for the skill shot (should I choose), and is really annoying. (Playing on PS3.)
    I don't remember that happening to me, but the plan for Zen Pinball 2 is that it fixes all these crazy glitches Just 2 weeks away from release!

  36. #136
    Senior Member caper_26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    288

    Default

    that has happened to me, but I forget the circumstances.
    Check out my youtube videos for basic pinball strategies: caperUnderscore26

  37. #137
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    When you drain a ball down the middle with the ball save activated? That's my only guess, probably not in this case though, as I don't own Zen Pinball or Epic Quest.
    I'm not intending to be confrontational, but the implication that I don't know how autosave works is rather insulting. That is NOT what's happening. I've only seen this problem in the Epic Quest table on Zen Pinball, and believe it's some bug in that exact table, maybe only on PS3, but I don't know. I only play Zen Pinball on PS3.

    I'm actually someone who could be considered a "pinball wizard", going way back, holding records at various places on real-world awesome machines like F-14 Tomcat, Addams Family, (probably my favorite) Twilight Zone, and many more. I've only hit about 150M or so on Epic Quest so far, so I'm not a master of this one yet, but I understand how the autosave works. So I wonder why you are offering non-solutions when you haven't even played the game...?

    Again, not trying to create a confrontation, but just wondering why you even made the post, if you haven't even tried the game.

  38. #138
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinc View Post
    I'm not intending to be confrontational, but the implication that I don't know how autosave works is rather insulting. That is NOT what's happening. I've only seen this problem in the Epic Quest table on Zen Pinball, and believe it's some bug in that exact table, maybe only on PS3, but I don't know. I only play Zen Pinball on PS3.
    How could we know that? You didn't say anything about you were a pro and we had quite a few "duh" moments in the past from casual members. Nothing personally and you shouldn't feel offended by it. Snake was just covering all the bases.

    Anyway, Snake and myself are both PS3 gamers. I don't recall experiencing that problem before on Epic Quest, but I have experienced it many times on Shaman. It's most likely caused by a glitch in the game engine. Zen Pinball for the PS3 is pretty old after all (released in 2008).

  39. #139
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Again, not trying to be confrontational...

    Just got a bit insulted by not understanding how "autosave" works. Played Shaman a fair bit, and never saw the problem on that table. Actually, I have EVERY table available on PS3, and haven't ever seen the problem before, until the Epic Quest table. Was also unwilling to listen to someone who admits to not even having Zen Pinball on any system... Why is someone like that listed as a "Senior Membor", when they don't even have the program on any system...?

    If anyone has any solutions, I'm happy to listen. Also awaiting the anticipated release of the next version, to see if it has any effect.

    I actually really like the Zen Pinball releases, especially the Mars Table and the Epic Quest. If I had to buy all these as hardware, I'd be looking at thousands of dollars, plus maintenance. That's the big reason I haven't bought a Twilight Zone machine, even though I had the chance a couple years back.

  40. #140
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    How could we know that? You didn't say anything about you were a pro and we had quite a few "duh" moments in the past from casual members. Nothing personally and you shouldn't feel offended by it. Snake was just covering all the bases.

    Anyway, Snake and myself are both PS3 gamers. I don't recall experiencing that problem before on Epic Quest, but I have experienced it many times on Shaman. It's most likely caused by a glitch in the game engine. Zen Pinball for the PS3 is pretty old after all (released in 2008).
    Well said, Shogun.

    And for the record, I play Marvel Pinball, waiting for Zen Pinball 2 to be released so I can play all the old Zen tables. Just because I don't have Zen Pinball doesn't mean I can't try and help solve your problem. Sorry you felt insulted, I didn't mean it in any way like that.

  41. #141
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Well said, Shogun.

    And for the record, I play Marvel Pinball, waiting for Zen Pinball 2 to be released so I can play all the old Zen tables. Just because I don't have Zen Pinball doesn't mean I can't try and help solve your problem. Sorry you felt insulted, I didn't mean it in any way like that.
    No problem... All is forgiven.

    Just want to see this problem resolved... I really love the Zen Pinball engine, and am looking forward to the next version. There's nothing quite like the old hardware, but given the fact that it seems to have decreased demand these days, it's gotten really expensive to maintain hardware machines. So the digital version is far preferable. Not to mention, it takes up much less space in the house.

  42. #142
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinc View Post
    Again, not trying to be confrontational...

    Just got a bit insulted by not understanding how "autosave" works. Played Shaman a fair bit, and never saw the problem on that table. Actually, I have EVERY table available on PS3, and haven't ever seen the problem before, until the Epic Quest table. Was also unwilling to listen to someone who admits to not even having Zen Pinball on any system... Why is someone like that listed as a "Senior Membor", when they don't even have the program on any system...?

    If anyone has any solutions, I'm happy to listen. Also awaiting the anticipated release of the next version, to see if it has any effect.

    I actually really like the Zen Pinball releases, especially the Mars Table and the Epic Quest. If I had to buy all these as hardware, I'd be looking at thousands of dollars, plus maintenance. That's the big reason I haven't bought a Twilight Zone machine, even though I had the chance a couple years back.
    I think it is funny when you say you're not trying to be confrontational but then immediately attack snakeman. Not sure why snakeman apologized to you. Stop being so defensive and sensitive.

  43. #143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    I think it is funny when you say you're not trying to be confrontational but then immediately attack snakeman. Not sure why snakeman apologized to you. Stop being so defensive and sensitive.
    surf1der... please don't stir the pot, they got it sorted out, it's over.

  44. #144
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default

    No problem, and yes, it's over.

    My only complaint was about the failure in the Epic Quest table... Hopefully it will be fixed in the next release. As it is, I love the current Zen machine engine, as it means I don't have to have thousands of dollars of hardware (plus maintenance) in my house. Maybe not quite the same as the old hardware stuff, but far easier when it comes to maintenance and room... And some of these tables in Zen Pinball have been a lot of fun.

    If Snakeman skipped a generation, I don't care. I'm waiting for Zen 2 as well, and will definitely buy it, even if it includes a cost. Just as I've bought every table I can get on the PS3. I'm a pinball addict, and love this game, even if it's only virtual. In fact, that adds some elements we could never get in the real thing, even though the real thing also had elements we can't quite get here. It's a trade-off. But I'm definitely a fan of the people who produced this thing. KUDOS!
    Last edited by sinc; 08-22-2012 at 03:21 AM.

  45. #145
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    surf1der... please don't stir the pot, they got it sorted out, it's over.
    I make no promises. By the way, I'm not sure if you check the comments section in the mac app store, but others seem to be having trouble purchasing extra tables for the mac version of zen pinball.

  46. #146
    Senior Member Bearded_Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montgomery, AL, US
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    surf1der... please don't stir the pot, they got it sorted out, it's over.
    I prefer the phrase "don't poke the turd".
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

    Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

  47. #147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    I prefer the phrase "don't poke the turd".
    Haha way to keep things classy, Bearded!

  48. #148
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    I prefer the phrase "don't poke the turd".
    I got to remember that one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •