Video guides and tutorials

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZREXMike
    • May 2019

Cloda, u r so good on ToM. Those classic settings are hard, ball goes really fast.

Comment

• Cloda
      Pinball Wizard
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ZREXMike
      Cloda, u r so good on ToM. Those classic settings are hard, ball goes really fast.
      Thank you, I try ;-). I've been playing Medieval Madness and the ball feels even faster on that... you blink and it's gone. I'm getting there and will hopefully have my top 10, my self imposed requirement, soon so that I can do a strategy video on that.

70716339_132425474774237_248099803760689152_n.jpg

I know The Getaway is even faster (I've played it on Mac) so will see how I'll go on that.
      XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• Cloda
        Pinball Wizard
        • Nov 2010

Trolling the King of Payne! Williams Medieval Madness

In this tips and strategy guide video for Williams Medieval Madness on Classic Arcade in Pinball FX3, I show and explain how you can go about to reach and hopefully complete the Battle for Kingdom wizard mode. I also show a few differences that you need to consider between playing Classic Single Player and Arcade.

The differences between Classic Single Player and Classic Arcade is big on this table and require quite a big change in approach, the biggest of the Williams / Bally tables I have played so far. There is a key shot, the Castle lock, that is much easier to hit on Classic Single Player and because of that you have an easy multiball to access, that you can use to gain extra balls and to break down the castle doors in a safer manner.

I really enjoy this table, but I also find it relentless on any missed shots in Classic Arcade. You can go from hero to zero in literally a few minutes. I’ll definitely play it again in future and have my eye on a much bigger score, but for now I’ll give it a rest and see what else is out there!

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

• Cloda
          Pinball Wizard
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jhoney
          Do you have guides that specifically show how to achieve the trophy? That's all I really want.
          I do tips and strategies for you to get to the wizard mode safely and efficiently but there are a few different ones that you can take a look at. Here I get the trophy...

but I also get to the Battle for the Kingdom in my tips & strategy video which is what you need to do to get the trophy.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

• Cloda
            Pinball Wizard
            • Nov 2010

Do you have guides that specifically show how to achieve the trophy? That's all I really want.
            Here the different steps get described nicely...

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

• Cloda
              Pinball Wizard
              • Nov 2010

These guys, LUP's club, always have comprehensive table guides. Look in the description for time stamps to the different sections...

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

• WesTel
                • Oct 2019

This throphy seems kind of difficult, no?

Comment

• Cloda
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by WesTel
                  This throphy seems kind of difficult, no?
                  It is, as you have to kind a master the table up to a point that you can reach the wizard mode to get the achievement. It is the same for i.e. Attack from Mars and also Theatre of Magic. One thing you can be happy about though, is that on Pinball FX 2, the harder achievements required not only of you to start the wizard mode but to actually defeat it! The two most infamous ones for me are beating Ultimo on Iron Man, and Loki on Thor.

Pinball FX is not the kind of game where you can get many of the achievements without actually understanding the table and knowing what you are doing.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

• Cloda
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Nov 2010

It's Happy Hour! Big Bangs for everyone! Bally The Party Zone Tips & Strategy Guide

In this game on Bally The Party Zone in Pinball FX3 on Classic Arcade (with some comparison with Classic Single Player), I explain how to play safer while aiming to maximise your scoring potential.*

I ended up the enjoying the table a lot more than I initially thought I would and that is mostly to do with the table providing you with relatively basic but hard to master scoring opportunities. *It keeps on inviting you back for just one more go as you try to put the perfect game together to maximise your scoring opportunities.*

I haven't put together the perfect game yet, but I'm happy for now, and will try again. *We know that Zen Studios will probably update the flipper physics and reduce the nudging strength in Classic Arcade which will give me good incentive to play it again.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

• Cloda
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Nov 2010

Beastlike rocking with the monsters! Williams Monster Bash

I'm happy that I got the Monsters of Rock Achievement on Williams Monster Bash in Classic Arcade. Rather than showing that game, I'll show a section of a game where the strategy I'm working on (see below) came together nicely until the first Monster's of Rock (the requirement for the achievement) where I had a good multiball. Unfortunately, my game fell apart after that but I'm optimistic that I'll soon have a game where everything click.

I had an excellent first ball (the rest of the game fizzled out) where I made it all the way to Monsters of Rock. I had to finish Wolfman after the Frankenstein multiball and I had the Mummy and Dracula left. It worked out great though in that as I started the Mummy in the scoop, I shortly after also started Dracula which also started Monsters Bash which then turned into Monster's of Rock as I completed their instruments!

Here is what I've been doing so far for Classic Arcade, based on watching the PAPA tutorial, reading the in-game guide, and playing around. I never played the real table, or TPA so I'm sure there are some obvious things I'm missing.

- Get the skillshot! I rarely play with the enhanced graphics on in Classic Arcade, but on this table Zen did a nice job, it is unobtrusive, and it gives you one huge advantage because it lights up the lit rollover lanes that is essential to get the skillshot right. If you get the skillshot, you get points (which increases with each successful skillshot) but importantly you get a Monster bomb! You can use it during a Monster hurry-up to advance a shot. Each monster has its own monster bomb which makes it trickier. You also get monster bombs from mosh pit shots, and as random awards from the scoop.

- Key to remember is that during any multiball, the timers for the Monster hurry-up’s don’t run. Try to get a few Monster’s close to starting, and then start as many as you can in quick succession, before you start either the Frankenstein multi-ball hurry-up, or the Mosh pit multi-ball. I messed it up, but I already got it right once to have all but the Mummy hurry-up’s going. The Mummy one is difficult to start along with the rest as you’ll likely start the Wolfman’s hurry-up before you get enough bumper hits.

- My order that I try to line up the different Monster hurry-ups is; start by focussing on Creature from the Black Lagoon (remember backhand is possible), then the Bride of Frankenstein as I find the ramp shots difficult, and as soon as you have one side three shots down, start with the Wolfman on that side, while still focussing on the rest of the shots required on the other side. In between also get a few shots down on Frankenstein and Dracula. As soon as you start one of the hurry-ups, start the other ones that you have close to starting as quickly as possible, and lastly get the Frankenstein multiball hurry-up going.

- After that, you assess where you are at and see what you need to complete to get to Monsters of Rock.

That is my strategy so far… let’s see how it develops and please let me know what you guys think and I’ll add to it.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

• Cloda
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Nov 2010

Unabashedly rocking with the Monsters! Williams Monster Bash tips & strategy guide

Here is my tips & strategy guide for Monster Bash on Classic Arcade based on my high score game of around 1.1 billion. I got Monsters of Rock twice in this Monster Bash Classic Arcade game and the second time was worth so much more! In this guide I explain how to best approach the table to score big.

Let me know what you or if you have any suggestions and I'll gladly consider it for future videos. I'll see if I can post my Creature from the Black Lagoon video by the weekend as well.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

• Cloda
                          Pinball Wizard
                          • Nov 2010

How to lure the Creature out! Creature from the Black Lagoon tips & strategy guide

In this tips & strategy video for Pinball FX3, Creature from the Black Lagoon, I explain the strategy I used for my 6.4 billion Classic Arcade game. I further show alternative strategies, and the differences, of which one is major, that makes Classic Single Player more difficult.

I'm firmly of the opinion, like with White Water, that Classic Single Player is actually harder than Classic Arcade because you can't control the balls as well during multiball. What is your experience with this?

Please let me know what you think of my strategy and the video and if you have any suggestions and I'll gladly see what I can do for my next video.

Last edited by Cloda; 11-18-2019, 11:25 AM.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

• Cloda
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Nov 2010

How to Rule the Universe! Attack from Mars Classic Arcade tips & strategy guide

I finally Ruled the Universe on Pinball FX3 Attack from Mars in Classic Arcade! It was tough as nails, but I did it! In this tips & strategy video I show you my approach and give some practical tips along the way (including a shot options and shot tips section at the end). I hope with this video that I also motivate some of you to see if you can become Ruler of the Universe on this relentless and unforgiving table. I'm really looking forward to playing it once Zen has implemented the much-needed physics update but the sense of accomplishment I felt when I finally completed it will be hard to top in the future.

The order I approach the tasks required to reach Rule the Universe is to focus on the Conquer Mars (i.e. Saucer takedowns) task first. By the time you complete that you should have most of the other tasks completed especially 5-way Combo, Total Annihilation and Super Jets. If not, then I’ll aim to complete the remaining of those tasks first as they are interlinked to a degree i.e. the same shots can contribute to multiple tasks.

In earlier games I left starting the Multiball and getting the Super Jackpot task for later in the game, but recently I realised that if I can get it down close to the beginning (unlike what I did in this game), you can get that stress out of the way. If you missed it you'll have more time to relock balls again as it requires twice as many shots second time around. The Martian Attack and the Martian Multiball task you can trigger whilst completing the Conquer Mars task but often I still end up needing to complete it.
                            Last edited by Cloda; 11-29-2019, 11:51 AM.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

• Cloda
                              Pinball Wizard
                              • Nov 2010

Rub-a-dub-dub, the evil genie is stubbed! TotAN tips & strategy guide

Tales of the Arabian Nights, on Pinball FX3 Classic Arcade, plays relatively easily, but to maximise your scoring potential you need to make use of the nifty scoring design. In this tips & strategy guide, I show you a solid approach to ensure that the points keep on coming while you rescue the princess.

As I started playing the table, I immediately recognised similarities with Theatre of Magic (also by John Popadiuk) and it got me wondering if the same scoring mechanism is at play. Indeed, it is, but actually in a much more interesting, fun, and challenging way. It is simple in principle, accumulated end of ball bonus, but it is not all that straightforward to put into practice which adds to the fun

Last edited by Cloda; 12-17-2019, 11:00 AM.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

• Cloda
                                Pinball Wizard
                                • Nov 2010

A disaster for the Ringmaster! Cirqus Voltaire tips & strategy guide (Classic Arcade)

In this tips and strategy guide for Cirqus Voltaire in Pinball FX3 Classic Arcade, I manage to do both Join the Cirqus and the lucrative Ringmaster Battle twice. I hit the sweet-spot on the table and I'm quite chuffed that I can present this guide with me being in the top spot on the leaderboard at the making of this video!

The table is not very complicated but there are certain things that you have to concentrate on to ensure that you maximise your scoring opportunities and play as safe as possible. I aimed throughout the guide to point out all these little key strategy points that are required to build a big score.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

Working...