Thread: Lag Issues - We are working on a patch, thank you for your replies!

Exclamation Lag Issues - We are working on a patch, thank you for your replies!

We are trying to localize the source of lag some of you experience while playing online. In order to get a better understanding of the issue, we ask your cooperation. Answering the following questions can greatly help us in addressing the issue:

- Where are you located?
    - Your connection type?
    - Do you play with the same playlist/custom game/players all the time, or it happens when you exit games and join some others?
    - When and if the game becomes unresponsive/locks up does waiting for a minute resolve the problem?
    - Do you experience visible HUD/GUI artifacts when this happens?
    - When the controls become unresponsive, does this mean that you can move but can't shoot, or you can't move at all?
    - Does serious lagging occur during gameplay (lags all right for say half of the match, then all of a sudden it becomes laggy), or it happens when you enter a new playlist?
    - Of course only if you can tell, does this happens when you play with folks from some other continent?

Your feedback, and all additional details are more than welcome.
    Thank you in advance for your responses.
    Last edited by onoff; 07-06-2009 at 03:15 PM.

- Where are you located?
    I am Located in Texas
    - Your connection type?
    uverse elite highspeed internet 12 mbps downstream and my ps3 is connected hardline directly into the uverse box

- Do you play with the same playlist/custom game/players all the time, or it happens when you exit games and join some others?
    I do not play with same groups or play list the lag seems to happen randomly
    - When and if the game becomes unresponsive/locks up does waiting for a minute resolve the problem?
    no if i wait a minute it the problem is still there
    No not that i have noticed
    - When the controls become unresponsive, does this mean that you can move but can't shoot, or you can't move at all?
    it will let me shoot or reload but it just makes the sounds there are no visuals and when the game seems to catch up my characters animations just start happening when im not even trying to perform and actions

- Does serious lagging occur during gameplay (lags all right for say half of the match, then all of a sudden it becomes laggy), or it happens when you enter a new playlist?
    yes serious lagging does occur during gameplay and it depends some matches it starts off from the beginning first thing i noticed will be my firearm constantly being prepped it will show up on screen than disappear and than show up on screen and disappear and that happens three times and than i can start using the gun
    - Of course only if you can tell, does this happens when you play with folks from some other continent?
    Im not sure i have not tried to look to see where there regions are

- Where are you located?
    Southeast United States

- Your connection type?
    Cable Internet

I play all the different playlists, and it seems to happen when joining any of the playlists from the "join game" menu. It has happened as early as the first match when booting the game, and it can happen several games later.

Usually the server disconnects after a long lock-up, or the game loads improperly (I enter in observer mode, or wind up looking at a dark screen that requires rebooting the game.) Once the game began after a very long load time (two minutes or more) but almost all the players had quit.

No

The only issue of unresponsive controls I've noticed is that when the game gets really laggy, you can activate weapons but the bullets don't fire for several seconds.

It usually lags from the start of a match.

I can't tell.
    Join the Global Punisher Army - GlobalPunisherArmy.com

- Where are you located?
    Cedar Rapids IA
    - Your connection type?
    Cable Internet
    - Do you play with the same playlist/custom game/players all the time, or it happens when you exit games and join some others? I play all playlists with different people, I play Unrest, Massacre Team Deahtmatch the most.
    - When and if the game becomes unresponsive/locks up does waiting for a minute resolve the problem? No sometimes it carries on for the entire match and sometimes it carries on until it kicks a few people off and sometimes it carries on until it disconnects me from the server
    - Do you experience visible HUD/GUI artifacts when this happens? Yes the choose room screen rarely plays the level video in the background when the lag is high, When I'm actually in a game say i use a level upgrade, it takes up to a minute before it will actually upgrade along with running over pick up items, they will take a min before the effect actually applies to your character.
    - When the controls become unresponsive, does this mean that you can move but can't shoot, or you can't move at all? Sometimes you can move all over but everyone else is stuck running in one direction until they hit a wall then they continue running into, I can shoot at them and move myself but they do not die or move, sometimes you can also hold down the fire button and 2 seconds later your weapon fires then changes weapons then fires, and I've also experienced where I can fire one weapon and let go of fire and 6 seconds later my gun is still firing. I have also seen where I have died in high lag and instead of going to the weapon select screen, my guy is a camera that can float above and below the map but no one appears on the map
    - Does serious lagging occur during gameplay (lags all right for say half of the match, then all of a sudden it becomes laggy), or it happens when you enter a new playlist? It only happens when you enter a new playlist, I havent seen it just kick in, in the middle of a map. Its either there when you start them match until it kicks people out then fixes itself, or it isnt there at all.
    - Of course only if you can tell, does this happens when you play with folks from some other continent? I only played with people from other continents the first day I played and experienced lag, all other days I changed my filter to My Language but experience the same lag condisitons.

Thank you in advance for your responses.[/QUOTE]

- Where are you located?

Michigan.

- Your connection type?

DSL, Wireless, sbcglobal.

We have a group of 8 we play with , Then sometimes i play on my own.

no, have to quit to the lobby and find a better host.

Most times you can tell if you got a bad Host to a game, when your loading ito the Map the screen is all white a good 15-20 sec, then you start with no gun, then that shows up.

I ca move but all others run ito walls, you can shoot but it won;t kill anyone.

I find its just like the game COD, Since the Game makes the first person in the room the host, it all depends on your connection to them. if they are far away or have a bad conection, the whole room gets the horrible lag. Maybe add connection metters from red to gree so we know how are connection is to the host game.

Happens any time I get a bad host, I just leave and find another game. If i host a game the rooms never lag for ayone. So I do that most the time.

I'll just add. I think this is more of a issue of who you connect to that is hosting the room. More then server issue. I can play for 5-10 hours a day hosting a room , not get one game of lag playig all diffrent maps and game modes. Diffrent players joining or leaving. If i join some games they run great also. But sometimes I get into a room and, its huge lag for everyone. I thik its odd it would be serrvers if I only lag not hosting a match and oce in a while joining a match.

Also when trying to join a room it will sometimes say: unable to join room, but it never joined a room then it kicks you out and back to the multiplayer main screen.

I've had it join a room and it will load into the match, then 3 seconds after entering the room it disconnects me back to the main multiplayer screen

- Where are you located?
    Spain

- Your connection type?
    Wireless

I play all the different playlists, and it seems to happen when joining any of the playlists from the "join game" menu. It has happened as early as the first match when booting the game, and it can happen several games later.

Usually the server disconnects after a long lock-up, or the game loads improperly (I enter in observer mode, or wind up looking at a dark screen that requires rebooting the game.) Once the game began after a very long load time (two minutes or more) but almost all the players had quit.

No

The only issue of unresponsive controls I've noticed is that when the game gets really laggy, you can activate weapons but the bullets don't fire for several seconds.

It usually lags from the start of a match.

I can't tell.

- Where are you located?
    I am Located in Miami

- Your connection type?
    12 mbps and my ps3 wireless to this

Lag happen most of the times when you try to join a game... and a few when you are in game

If a wait the problem is still there

Nope

This is not happening to me

A few lag during gameplay in my case.

Nope... yesterday i was with some french guys and i wan´t any lag

- Where are you located?
    Toronto, Ontario

- Your connection type?
    Wireless, 7mbs

Team DeathMatch, happens with both

sometimes
    No

I can do everything but acess thee pause menu, also the animation will repeat themselves. sometimes my gun will reload with out the characters arm moving at all just the magazine falling.

yes during gameplay

sorry I dont know

raffieltiger

- Where are you located?

Western Australia

- Your connection type?

ADSL1 1.5mbit dl/ 256 ul

Happens on any playlist

The lag makes shooting and moving unresponsive

I noticed the animation for the ARM-5 starts without you holding a weapon sometimes, and the texture "pops" in.

I can move and shoot but my shots are delayed.

Happens whether I join a new playlist or stay in a server.

I have a feeling it is because the matchmaking finds me people far far away. Running a 2 player custom match over the LAN with another ps3 works with zero lag.
    Last edited by raffieltiger; 07-07-2009 at 06:01 AM.

Exclamation

Hi there!

Thank you for all your replies.

Based on your feedback we are already working on a patch, that will hopefully address the lag related issues.

Default a new bug to me

Yesterday I was entering an Team Deathmatch with 8 players in it, and the loading screen took about a min and a half. Finally I got inot the match but only one other person was in the game. After entering the game I could not hit start and get to the menu to quit, so I was stuck in the game and had to use the PS button to quit the game.

- Where are you located?
    Netherlands, Europe.
    - Your connection type?
    Cable Modem.
    I let the computer search for rooms, so different rooms, different game types.
    No.
    No.
    All sorts of lags: once I could not shoot at all, or reload, just walk around getting shot, other times there was a delay in respons and i fired, nothing happend the otherplayer kept on walking and then the bullets flew out of my gun to that spot the other player used to stand. And another time I just sorta floated through the level, I just sank in the level!?!! I went into the floor but had a perfect vision of what happend. As I looked up and pressed forward I moved up in the level, into the sky??? And sumtimes I have respawned on places high up, where NO player could ever come!?!!
    Sumtimes some serious lagging!! And then I can fire and shoot everything I got at a player, or headshots or whatever and I KNOW it was a hit.. I shot the person from behind while they were walking in a straight line..! Yet they turned around and wasted me while I was guns blazing behind them?!
    I am afraid there arn't many Dutch people online with this game...

Quote Originally Posted by dgabor View Post
    We are trying to localize the source of lag some of you experience while playing online. In order to get a better understanding of the issue, we ask your cooperation. Answering the following questions can greatly help us in addressing the issue:

- Where are you located?

Illinois

- Your connection type?

Cable interwez

Ive only played The Early days. All different modes and players.

On occasion. Other times, I have to force quit my ps3...npt good.

Yeah

My character started moving by itself. I was turning in a circle and couldnt fire. Respawning resolved it.

During gameplay.

As far as I know... no

Thanks for working on it. We hope to hear back soon.