Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Official Pinball Table Guides

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Default Star Wars Pinball Guides work begins!

Thanks m8, as long as the reader gets the jist of what to do on the Tables then thats great. Hopefully 1 day I can upgrade all the Guides to remove any nasty Typos etc.

Im actually starting work on the Star Wars Pinball Guides now.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Thanks m8, as long as the reader gets the jist of what to do on the Tables then thats great. Hopefully 1 day I can upgrade all the Guides to remove any nasty Typos etc.

Im actually starting work on the Star Wars Pinball Guides now.
    I need all the help I can get on Star Wars! How is the progress going on these?

Thanks for your efforts!

Quote Originally Posted by maxniman View Post
    I need all the help I can get on Star Wars! How is the progress going on these?

Thanks for your efforts!
    Oh I have completed them m8, a member from these Boards was helping with the proof reading of them. But they should be available soon.

I doubt you will be disappointed with these
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 03-28-2013 at 04:50 PM.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Oh I have completed them m8, a member from these Boards was helping with the proof reading of them. But they should be available soon.

I doubt you will be disappointed with these
    Sounds great - thanks again

I can't wait for the Empire Strikes Back guide.I find now that I have figured out a large portion of the table I've actually gotten worse at playing since now I'm trying to do specific things. ESB was my first experience with electronic pinball and now I'm hooked. I picked up the Avengers table and your guide is very helpful even though I find a table quite difficult. Just need to keep practicing! Is there a good place to look up the basic pinball skills (bouncing ball to other flipper, save gutter balls etc...).

Thanks for all the hard work you put in.
    Suggestions on next table to buy? (playing on android tablet)
    Mike

Hoju ca check out the helpful tips on u tube, there are a few really good ones that show you flipper passing and bang back saves. Also cloda from these forums has great tips as well.

Welcome Hoja_ca well I guess you could take a look at this video - Click Here

Basically explained the basics of the Skills which you will need to work on to improve your playing ability, also I think you should check out the Fear Itself & Moon Knight Tables they are beyond awesome... not to forget the Blade Table as well.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Welcome Hoja_ca well I guess you could take a look at this video - Click Here

Basically explained the basics of the Skills which you will need to work on to improve your playing ability, also I think you should check out the Fear Itself & Moon Knight Tables they are beyond awesome... not to forget the Blade Table as well.
    Yes, exactly like that video. Never thought to look under pinball FX. Thank you again!

Lightbulb Star wars pinball & ninja gaiden sigma ii guides - available now!

Head over to the Zen Studios Blog to view them - Click Here

Be socialable guys and like/share etc.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Great to see the SW guides up! Most grateful for the effort put into these.

I saw something in the Boba Fett guide that made me wonder if the table is different on PS3 and Xbox. When explaining Rivals mode, the guide says:

"the Goal here is to get the Ball into the Right Plunger; this is achieved by sending the Ball through the Mini – Loop (1), then hitting it with the Top Left Flipper so that it can be sent through the Quick Skill Shot Lane (11). After which you just need to launch the Ball with the ‘Launch’ Button on your Controller so that the Ball lands in the top Sink Hole of the Plunger"

I have never had this happen though. When you enter Rivals mode on 360, you have to hit the ball into where the A, L, S targets used to be with enough force so the it shoots straight up to the sink hole. It never goes down to the plunger to allow you to shoot it up there that way. If you don't hit it hard enough to reach the sinkhole, instead of going down to the plunger, it gets diverted back to the main table.

Just wondered if the way you have described is true for Zen Pinball 2 on PS3 only?

Thanks m8 for the complements,

Yeah the way I described it was a for sure way of getting it into that Sink Hole although I might have added the Launch part when it wasn't needed... by all means your way seems to work also, so I would say do what your comfortable with.
    I try to make the Guides as detailed and accurate as possible, but of course some typos etc. always rear their ugly heads, as long as the reader gets the jist of what to do I strongly believe I have succeeded in what I set out to do.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Thanks m8 for the complements,

Yeah the way I described it was a for sure way of getting it into that Sink Hole although I might have added the Launch part when it wasn't needed... by all means your way seems to work also, so I would say do what your comfortable with.
    I try to make the Guides as detailed and accurate as possible, but of course some typos etc. always rear their ugly heads, as long as the reader gets the jist of what to do I strongly believe I have succeeded in what I set out to do.
    Oh ok, well if there's a choice of how to do it then fair enough. The point I was making is that, as far as I can see, it's impossible to do what is described in the guide because the ball will never go down to the plunger. You either shoot the sinkhole directly from the upper-left flipper or you lose RIVALS mode. May well be that the method you outline is how you do it on PS3 though, which I wouldn't know.

On another note, jolly useful to find out how to divert the left orbit from the R2 bumpers to the right inlane on ESB. I've played that table many, many hours and never realised how to do it until I saw the guide. Great stuff.

I actually think your right about the Rivals Hurry Up I'm just thinking your info is far more logical but either way hehe if you get into the plunger lane whether it goes into the Sink Hole manually or automatically it's covered.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Default Love all of the guides, but I think I found a slight omission.

I've loved all of these table guides, and have them (and ShoryukenToTheChin) to thank for allowing me to collect many XBox achievements.

However, while attempting to obtain the Adamantium Skeleton achievement on the Wolverine table, I noticed that this information is absent from the guide.

I collected this data from the trueachievements.com site, posted by user Pvt Keogh: http://www.trueachievements.com/view...tid=281940#vch
    Perhaps this could be used as a starting point for when there is an update.

There are 2 ways to activate the Adamantium bonding sequence. The 1st is to recover the memory by hitting the Sink hole to the bottom right of the Sabretooth Claw spinner 3 times and then landing the ball in the spinner and being lucky enough to land on the Adamantium game. Not something I would put much faith in.

The 2nd is the best way to try and can be done right from the start. You simply need to hit the left ramp 4 times to light up the word BOND. The catch is that if the ramp is lit for a Combo then it won't progress the BOND letters. Simply take your time and rest the ball on the right flipper, make sure that combo isn't flashing over the left ramp which brings you in through the Weapon X tank. Once you have lit BOND you need to put the ball in the left sink hole where it spells out SNIKT and the mode will begin. I don't think there is any time limit on hitting the sink hole so take it slow.

This is where it gets a bit tougher. This is a 2 ball multiball mode and you need to first get one ball into a sink hole. When you do this the table will start to glow green and it's not immediately obvious what you need to do. You have about 6 - 8 seconds while the table glows green in which to get the 2nd ball into the other sink hole. Once you managed to do that one of the balls will become an Adamantium ball and will be glowing white. Simply put this ball through the left ramp (Weapon X tank) and the achievement is yours.

***EDIT*** As it's been mentioned in the comments a couple of times I'll clarify. You need to put the Adamantium ball (glowing white) through the left ramp but you must keep the 2nd ball active. Draining either ball will end the mode and you'll need to start the process again.

It's a pretty difficult achievement to get so I'd recommend taking your time and learning how to hit the sink holes consistently. The sink holes are the key to big points on this table and play a big part in the Sabretooth fight and can get you huge points on the Sentinel mode as well as being needed for the Samurai multiball.

Take the time to learn how to light up the SNIKT from the left sink hole as lighting that activates the claw save which can be invaluable to keeping your game going especially as this can be a fairly unforgiving table.

Again, thank you for the great guides,
    BMLortz

Yeh thanks for the info mate, I do plan to update the Guides at a later date sometime. Glad to know that they helped you out.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

I only want to thank ShoryukenToTheChin for his guides, without which I would never be able to really enjoy the tables. I was so frustrated at not being able to understand all the rules, your guides were decisive in my decision to complete the entire collection of tables. Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by sonoproprioio69 View Post
    I only want to thank ShoryukenToTheChin for his guides, without which I would never be able to really enjoy the tables. I was so frustrated at not being able to understand all the rules, your guides were decisive in my decision to complete the entire collection of tables. Thank you again.
    Oh gosh thanks so much for the kind words my dear friend, so glad my Guides helped you enjoy Pinball so much more. Also don't worry I'm currently working on the Star Wars Pinball: Battle of the Force Table Guides as we speak.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Oh gosh thanks so much for the kind words my dear friend, so glad my Guides helped you enjoy Pinball so much more. Also don't worry I'm currently working on the Star Wars Pinball: Battle of the Force Table Guides as we speak.
    I had no doubt about it, I'm sure you'll do a great job as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by sonoproprioio69 View Post
    I had no doubt about it, I'm sure you'll do a great job as usual.
    Thanks mate, although I think it will be a bit longer as I picked up a Bad Flu so not really been up to writing it up while I got this

But they are coming.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Exclamation SWP: Balance of The Force & Updated MP Table Guides are live!

The Star Wars Pinball: Balance of The Force & Updated Marvel Pinball Table Guides are now live - Click Here
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 12-13-2013 at 07:48 PM.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Mr. Chin , your guides will be very helpful, but a question. The table guides at http://www.marvelpinball.com/ are usually no more than 10 or so pages, easily printable. But the ones linked to on the first post in this thread are much more. Do you have shorter versions of the other guides? I'd like to not print out hundreds of pages Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ACW View Post
    Mr. Chin , your guides will be very helpful, but a question. The table guides at http://www.marvelpinball.com/ are usually no more than 10 or so pages, easily printable. But the ones linked to on the first post in this thread are much more. Do you have shorter versions of the other guides? I'd like to not print out hundreds of pages Thank you.
    Thanks for the kind words mate, sadly I don't have shortened versions of my Guides. You could always print off the stuff you need, wish I could be of more help.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Thanks for the kind words mate, sadly I don't have shortened versions of my Guides. You could always print off the stuff you need, wish I could be of more help.
    Think I'll do that; I really only need the mission stuff. Thank YOU

EDIT: Wow dude, how long does it take you to make a guide? Awesomely detailed!
    Last edited by ACW; 12-19-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Think I'll do that; I really only need the mission stuff. Thank YOU

EDIT: Wow dude, how long does it take you to make a guide? Awesomely detailed!
    Depends really on the Table, sometimes a Month - with playing the Table then writing up notes etc. Although I got to admit I enjoy doing it.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Depends really on the Table, sometimes a Month - with playing the Table then writing up notes etc. Although I got to admit I enjoy doing it.
    And WE enjoy the help. Is Dr. Strange the only one left?

And WE enjoy the help. Is Dr. Strange the only one left?
    Yeh gotta write up the Dr. Strange Guide, although been busy with Family/Friends… being the festive season and all.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Say, how would you rank the following five easiest to hardest in terms of completing the missions (including Wizard Mode)? (These are the 5 with the smallest guides):
    Cap. America
    Thor
    Moon Knight
    Mars
    Ms. 'Splosion Man

Say, how would you rank the following five easiest to hardest in terms of completing the missions (including Wizard Mode)? (These are the 5 with the smallest guides):
    Cap. America
    Thor
    Moon Knight
    Mars
    Ms. 'Splosion Man
    Ms. Splosion Man is by far the easiest of this bunch. The rest are all actually quite tough but I would say in order from easiest to hardest - Cap. America, Moon Knight, Mars and Thor. If it wasn't for the pyramid mission on Mars it would have been easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Ms. Splosion Man is by far the easiest of this bunch. The rest are all actually quite tough but I would say in order from easiest to hardest - Cap. America, Moon Knight, Mars and Thor. If it wasn't for the pyramid mission on Mars it would have been easier.
    That's pretty much my order as well.

Another easy table would be Sorcerer's Lair. You don't even need to complete the missions to get to the wizard mode. You just need to start each of the missions up once and the wizard mode is very easy to complete.

I'm going to go against the grain and rate Moon Knight harder to complete than Thor.

Moon Knight's wizard mode is definitely easier to get to, and of course, you get to repeat it immediately if you fail.
    Now maybe I got lucky, but I beat Thor's on my 4th or 5th attempt at the mode.
    Moon Knight, I think I have activated at least 20 times, with no success. Got to 47 (of the required 50) hits on my best try.

There are 3 things I've noticed that is making Moon Knight's wizard mode tough for me:
    1. 4 hits to the center hole. For such an obvious target, I'm terrible at hitting it.
    2. Timer is not displayed in Phase 1, at least, not obviously. What this does to me is that I start rushing shots because I don't know how much time I have left.
    3. No ball save to start the multiball on Phase 2. And the way the 3rd ball enters play, you can lose it within 3 seconds if you aren't careful.

Thor's not easy by any stretch - as a multiball, things can go wrong real fast, and a second chance is a long time coming - but most of the shots aren't that bad. The far orbits are the trickiest because you can't hold the other balls with the opposite flipper and still hit the shot. And with the ball save at the start, you can intentionally lose a ball early on to get a clean shot.

Don't have the Mars table, so I can't comment.
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

Default Doctor Strange Guide available now!

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Exclamation Super League Football Guide - AVAILABLE NOW!

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

This is absolutely amazing. Thank you for your work on these! And yes, I created an account just to say that.

I was specifically looking for a guide for the extra balls, but this is even better.

Quote Originally Posted by XI AlphaMale IX View Post
    This is absolutely amazing. Thank you for your work on these! And yes, I created an account just to say that.

I was specifically looking for a guide for the extra balls, but this is even better.
    No Problem mate, thanks for the kind words. Look forward to more coming as I'm writing up the Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within Guides as we speak.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Exclamation SWP: Heroes Within Guides are available now!

View them by clicking here

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Exclamation Deadpool Table Guide is now available!

Click here

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Exclamation Guardians of The Galaxy & The Walking Dead Table Guides are now available

Guardians of The Galaxy & The Walking Dead Table Guides are now available - Click Here

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Hello sir!
    I have just stumbled on your fantastic guides last night as I was trying to figure out the Bucky Hurry Up on the Captain America table (my newest table purchase along with Marvel Civil War), which I did find to actually be the right ramp.

However, I thought I would download a couple guides for other tables I own and that's where I have been running into more issue.
    Some of these guides don't seem to work or download anymore.
    I cant not get Han Solo's guide to download, it keeps getting stuck with a minute left and the download cancels.
    Guardians of the Galaxy wouldn't download through here, however it did download (slowly) through the blog.zenstudios.com that you had linked to in an earlier post. Walking Dead also downloaded from there (Han Solo still not).
    Paranormal, Buccaneer, Plants vs Zombies, Droids, and A New Hope also crops up as "failed" rather quickly in it's download (through both this forum and the blog link).
    I haven't checked the other guides, these are just the ones I have tables for.

Anyways, the ones I did get are REALLY good and very helpful! Thank you so much!

P.S. the guides that I was able to download were Captain America, Civil War, Deadpool, Guardians of the Galaxy*, The Walking Dead*, and Masters of the Force.
    * - Which, again, a couple of these didn't work here but did on the blog link.
    Last edited by FloggingMcMurry; 10-27-2014 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FloggingMcMurry View Post
    Hello sir!
    I have just stumbled on your fantastic guides last night as I was trying to figure out the Bucky Hurry Up on the Captain America table (my newest table purchase along with Marvel Civil War), which I did find to actually be the right ramp.

However, I thought I would download a couple guides for other tables I own and that's where I have been running into more issue.
    Some of these guides don't seem to work or download anymore.
    I cant not get Han Solo's guide to download, it keeps getting stuck with a minute left and the download cancels.
    Guardians of the Galaxy wouldn't download through here, however it did download (slowly) through the blog.zenstudios.com that you had linked to in an earlier post. Walking Dead also downloaded from there (Han Solo still not).
    Paranormal, Buccaneer, Plants vs Zombies, Droids, and A New Hope also crops up as "failed" rather quickly in it's download (through both this forum and the blog link).
    I haven't checked the other guides, these are just the ones I have tables for.

Anyways, the ones I did get are REALLY good and very helpful! Thank you so much!

P.S. the guides that I was able to download were Captain America, Civil War, Deadpool, Guardians of the Galaxy*, The Walking Dead*, and Masters of the Force.
    * - Which, again, a couple of these didn't work here but did on the blog link.
    Did you try downloading them from the Zen Studios Blog? I tested it and Han Solo downloaded from there.

Default Need help on the Sorcerers Lair Table

I'd like to add my voice to the chorus thanking ShoryukenToTheChin for the pinball guides.

There's 1 thing that I need help with concerning the guides. It's for the Sorcerers Lair table.
    I have both the 360 and the Xbox one versions.

I have never managed to complete the Whisper or Citadel Multiball. In the guide it simply says to hit 5 ramps/orbits and then hit the ball up the citadel ramp to collect both the obsidian for the multiball and the current mission. When hit up the citadel ramp, no matter how many times I hit it up there it never goes towards the extra ball ramp, it always goes towards the tree instead. I've hit the ramp Whisper is in front of as many as 10 times.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    I made a video showing how I'm doing it.

http://youtu.be/UxAvlMyEVnA

Also on a side note on this table there might be a few things to add if you ever add anything for this table.

For the Tower crawler Combo, your last shot can also be up the Citadel Ramp instead of the stairway ramp and you'll still get the obsidian. Found this by total accident. Try it.

Second, for the Elusion Mastery combo, you can get as many of these as you can hit in 1 go. I've got as many as 3 of these before the first Midnight Madness. ( Mostly for screwing up missions and not getting the obsidian). After getting the extra ball for 10 of these shots, it reverts to novice again and 5 more shots and you get a second obsidian. At the next 5 shots, instead of another extra ball you get a million points I think, unfortunately.
    Also, at least for the Xbox one version, if your 10th shot for the Elusion Mastery combo, if that is the shot that starts the Tree mission you DO NOT, repeat DO NOT, get the extra ball annoyingly. Never noticed this on the 360 version, but this happened on the ONE version several times. Really annoying.

Also wondering if you have an Xbox one, have you beaten the Bones mission? It's so much harder than the 360 version. I believe I've been close several times, but so far failed every time. If you have, any idea how many orbits around the right side you need? I've gotten as many as 5 with no luck.
    Anyway thanks so much for these guides, they are fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Did you try downloading them from the Zen Studios Blog? I tested it and Han Solo downloaded from there.
    Yup yup, I tried both. It's... odd. I mentioned it in the original comment. I'm not sure why it wouldn't connect.

Quote Originally Posted by FloggingMcMurry View Post
    Yup yup, I tried both. It's... odd. I mentioned it in the original comment. I'm not sure why it wouldn't connect.
    Hmm that's very odd, they should be able to download.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Exclamation South Park Pinball Guides AVAILABLE NOW!

South Park Butters Very Own Pinball Game & South Park Super Sweet Pinball are now available - CLICK HERE

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Exclamation Venom Pinball Guide now available!

Venom Pinball Guide is now available - CLICK HERE

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Just a quick note, sending a big Thank You for these guides! They have really added to my enjoyment of some of my favorite tables: Fear Itself, Infinity Gauntlet, Venom, and currently Moon Knight. I'm mostly a casual player, but it is amazing how deep & challenging these tables can be, with a little help to unlock some secrets & strategies to extend the gameplay. Thanks again!
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY
    casual pinball player, looking for friendly competition

Quote Originally Posted by JaySTeeY View Post
    Just a quick note, sending a big Thank You for these guides! They have really added to my enjoyment of some of my favorite tables: Fear Itself, Infinity Gauntlet, Venom, and currently Moon Knight. I'm mostly a casual player, but it is amazing how deep & challenging these tables can be, with a little help to unlock some secrets & strategies to extend the gameplay. Thanks again!
    I'm chuffed to hear they have provided you with the information need to truly take you game to another level. That's in its purest form is what these Guides set out to do, thanks and may they continue to help you.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Exclamation Iron & Steel Pack Guides AVAILABLE NOW!

Iron & Steel Pack Guides AVAILABLE NOW! - Click Here

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Thanks again for the guides, good stuff! I had to look up "chuffed" (from your previous post), just to make sure it was a good thing!

May I ask, how much work goes into writing these guides? Such as how many times do you typically have to play a table, how much notes do you take, etc. Just curious...
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY
    casual pinball player, looking for friendly competition

Iron & Steel Pack Guides AVAILABLE NOW! - Click Here
    Odd, you didn't include the hidden skill shot in wild west rampage for 1.5 million points.
    pull the plunger just enough that it goes up the ramp, but rolls back down into the jail.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
    Odd, you didn't include the hidden skill shot in wild west rampage for 1.5 million points.
    pull the plunger just enough that it goes up the ramp, but rolls back down into the jail.
    Not sure if the omission was intentional (hidden/secret and all) but would add that it is the easiest of the three skill shots to obtain consistently.

Lol I actually didn't even know about this. Stupid me.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Red face Guide Writing setting up and completion

Quote Originally Posted by JaySTeeY View Post
    Thanks again for the guides, good stuff! I had to look up "chuffed" (from your previous post), just to make sure it was a good thing!

May I ask, how much work goes into writing these guides? Such as how many times do you typically have to play a table, how much notes do you take, etc. Just curious...
    Well usually I approach any Guide by first playing the Tables as many times as possible till I know the ins and outs of all the Modes, Mechanics etc. I usually use the Share Function on the PS4 to save times where I complete any given Mode so that I can go back to it to make sure of my instructions, and of course to capture screenshots to add them to the Guide. I have a couple of friends in the Community such as shogun00 and Cloda who help proof read the Guide, and basically give a second or third opinion on how best to do something. Basically near enough the whole Community contributes either directly or indirectly.

Of course the odd error escapes, or something is missed out like just recently on the Wild West Guide I missed out on a secret skill shot. I'm always trying to improve upon my Guides, from my first gen Guides to now its really jarring how they have changed. I would say from playing the Table to having a Guide completed it takes minimum 3 weeks, but of course certain things in life cause side tracking like getting sick etc.

I hope this has given you an insight into how I go about setting out and completion of a Table Guide. Thanks for all your support and kind words.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Lol I actually didn't even know about this. Stupid me.
    well there's one in Age of Ultron as well :P

well there's one in Age of Ultron as well :P
    Funny enough because of you I actively look out for those going forward. Yeh AoU I came across that randomly while playing.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Exclamation Avengers: AoU & SW: Rebels Guides are available now!

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

I'm sure you know this already but wasn't mentioned in the guide for the Hawkeye mission. Well it could have been, but it's almost 1am here and beer is involved, heavily. So i might not have properly absorbed every word in the guide into my brain.

On the hard difficulty, you can't finish the mode if you miss one single shot. Also the points you receive depend on the distance you shoot one of the ultron bots. In all modes. The second they drop, the largest point value achieved. half way, well... you get the idea.

Other than reduced mission times on every other mission. This is the only mission that you can't miss on with the hard difficulty.

great guide as always!!!!

snip
    Yeh I briefly touched upon how the difficulty will change aspects of the Modes like timers etc. but didn't go into full detail since if your rocking Hard Mode then surely your not a novice at the Table at that point unless for a death wish lol.

Thanks for the kind words.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Exclamation Portal Pinball Guide available now!

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Lightbulb Ant-Man Guide Available Now!

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Lightbulb Balls of Glory Pinball Guides are available now!

Click here to view them.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Exclamation Star Wars: The Force Awakens Pinball Guides Available Now!

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Exclamation Alien vs. Pinball guides available now!

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Lightbulb Marvel's Women of Power Guides Available Now!

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Lightbulb Bethesda Pinball guides available now!

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Lightbulb SW: Rogue One guide is available now!

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Lightbulb Pinball Guide Videos

Everyone I have added a link to the OP that has a link to a playlist containing over 200+ vids featuring various tables. Completing modes & what not. Please give them a look. I have recently added Bethesda Pinball & Rogue One vids.

Click Here

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88