sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• Hermit Shark
      • Nov 2011

No worries - without your guide I'd have no idea how to play this table! The official instructions are a bit ... sparse.

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
        Writer of Guides
        • Apr 2011

Star Wars Pinball Guides work begins!

Thanks m8, as long as the reader gets the jist of what to do on the Tables then thats great. Hopefully 1 day I can upgrade all the Guides to remove any nasty Typos etc.

Im actually starting work on the Star Wars Pinball Guides now.
        sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
        Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• maxniman
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin
          Thanks m8, as long as the reader gets the jist of what to do on the Tables then thats great. Hopefully 1 day I can upgrade all the Guides to remove any nasty Typos etc.

Im actually starting work on the Star Wars Pinball Guides now.
          I need all the help I can get on Star Wars! How is the progress going on these?

Thanks for your efforts!

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
            Writer of Guides
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by maxniman
            I need all the help I can get on Star Wars! How is the progress going on these?

Thanks for your efforts!
            Oh I have completed them m8, a member from these Boards was helping with the proof reading of them. But they should be available soon.

I doubt you will be disappointed with these
            Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 03-28-2013, 04:50 PM.
            sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
            Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• maxniman
              • Mar 2013

Oh I have completed them m8, a member from these Boards was helping with the proof reading of them. But they should be available soon.

I doubt you will be disappointed with these
              Sounds great - thanks again

Comment

• Hoju_ca
                • Mar 2013

I can't wait for the Empire Strikes Back guide.I find now that I have figured out a large portion of the table I've actually gotten worse at playing since now I'm trying to do specific things. ESB was my first experience with electronic pinball and now I'm hooked. I picked up the Avengers table and your guide is very helpful even though I find a table quite difficult. Just need to keep practicing! Is there a good place to look up the basic pinball skills (bouncing ball to other flipper, save gutter balls etc...).

Thanks for all the hard work you put in.
                Suggestions on next table to buy? (playing on android tablet)
                Mike

Comment

• s-carnegie
                  • Aug 2011

Hoju ca check out the helpful tips on u tube, there are a few really good ones that show you flipper passing and bang back saves. Also cloda from these forums has great tips as well.

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                    Writer of Guides
                    • Apr 2011

Welcome Hoja_ca well I guess you could take a look at this video - Click Here

Basically explained the basics of the Skills which you will need to work on to improve your playing ability, also I think you should check out the Fear Itself & Moon Knight Tables they are beyond awesome... not to forget the Blade Table as well.
                    sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• Hoju_ca
                      • Mar 2013

Welcome Hoja_ca well I guess you could take a look at this video - Click Here

Basically explained the basics of the Skills which you will need to work on to improve your playing ability, also I think you should check out the Fear Itself & Moon Knight Tables they are beyond awesome... not to forget the Blade Table as well.
                      Yes, exactly like that video. Never thought to look under pinball FX. Thank you again!

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                        Writer of Guides
                        • Apr 2011

Star wars pinball & ninja gaiden sigma ii guides - available now!

Head over to the Zen Studios Blog to view them - Click Here

Be socialable guys and like/share etc.
                        sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                        Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• Spirit X
                          • Mar 2013

Great to see the SW guides up! Most grateful for the effort put into these.

I saw something in the Boba Fett guide that made me wonder if the table is different on PS3 and Xbox. When explaining Rivals mode, the guide says:

"the Goal here is to get the Ball into the Right Plunger; this is achieved by sending the Ball through the Mini – Loop (1), then hitting it with the Top Left Flipper so that it can be sent through the Quick Skill Shot Lane (11). After which you just need to launch the Ball with the ‘Launch’ Button on your Controller so that the Ball lands in the top Sink Hole of the Plunger"

I have never had this happen though. When you enter Rivals mode on 360, you have to hit the ball into where the A, L, S targets used to be with enough force so the it shoots straight up to the sink hole. It never goes down to the plunger to allow you to shoot it up there that way. If you don't hit it hard enough to reach the sinkhole, instead of going down to the plunger, it gets diverted back to the main table.

Just wondered if the way you have described is true for Zen Pinball 2 on PS3 only?

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                            Writer of Guides
                            • Apr 2011

Thanks m8 for the complements,

Yeah the way I described it was a for sure way of getting it into that Sink Hole although I might have added the Launch part when it wasn't needed... by all means your way seems to work also, so I would say do what your comfortable with.
                            I try to make the Guides as detailed and accurate as possible, but of course some typos etc. always rear their ugly heads, as long as the reader gets the jist of what to do I strongly believe I have succeeded in what I set out to do.
                            sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                            Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• Spirit X
                              • Mar 2013

Thanks m8 for the complements,

Yeah the way I described it was a for sure way of getting it into that Sink Hole although I might have added the Launch part when it wasn't needed... by all means your way seems to work also, so I would say do what your comfortable with.
                              I try to make the Guides as detailed and accurate as possible, but of course some typos etc. always rear their ugly heads, as long as the reader gets the jist of what to do I strongly believe I have succeeded in what I set out to do.
                              Oh ok, well if there's a choice of how to do it then fair enough. The point I was making is that, as far as I can see, it's impossible to do what is described in the guide because the ball will never go down to the plunger. You either shoot the sinkhole directly from the upper-left flipper or you lose RIVALS mode. May well be that the method you outline is how you do it on PS3 though, which I wouldn't know.

On another note, jolly useful to find out how to divert the left orbit from the R2 bumpers to the right inlane on ESB. I've played that table many, many hours and never realised how to do it until I saw the guide. Great stuff.

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                                Writer of Guides
                                • Apr 2011

I actually think your right about the Rivals Hurry Up I'm just thinking your info is far more logical but either way hehe if you get into the plunger lane whether it goes into the Sink Hole manually or automatically it's covered.
                                sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                                Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

Working...