This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bmlortz
    • Jun 2013

Love all of the guides, but I think I found a slight omission.

I've loved all of these table guides, and have them (and ShoryukenToTheChin) to thank for allowing me to collect many XBox achievements.

However, while attempting to obtain the Adamantium Skeleton achievement on the Wolverine table, I noticed that this information is absent from the guide.

I collected this data from the trueachievements.com site, posted by user Pvt Keogh: http://www.trueachievements.com/view...tid=281940#vch
    Perhaps this could be used as a starting point for when there is an update.
    There are 2 ways to activate the Adamantium bonding sequence. The 1st is to recover the memory by hitting the Sink hole to the bottom right of the Sabretooth Claw spinner 3 times and then landing the ball in the spinner and being lucky enough to land on the Adamantium game. Not something I would put much faith in.

The 2nd is the best way to try and can be done right from the start. You simply need to hit the left ramp 4 times to light up the word BOND. The catch is that if the ramp is lit for a Combo then it won't progress the BOND letters. Simply take your time and rest the ball on the right flipper, make sure that combo isn't flashing over the left ramp which brings you in through the Weapon X tank. Once you have lit BOND you need to put the ball in the left sink hole where it spells out SNIKT and the mode will begin. I don't think there is any time limit on hitting the sink hole so take it slow.

This is where it gets a bit tougher. This is a 2 ball multiball mode and you need to first get one ball into a sink hole. When you do this the table will start to glow green and it's not immediately obvious what you need to do. You have about 6 - 8 seconds while the table glows green in which to get the 2nd ball into the other sink hole. Once you managed to do that one of the balls will become an Adamantium ball and will be glowing white. Simply put this ball through the left ramp (Weapon X tank) and the achievement is yours.

***EDIT*** As it's been mentioned in the comments a couple of times I'll clarify. You need to put the Adamantium ball (glowing white) through the left ramp but you must keep the 2nd ball active. Draining either ball will end the mode and you'll need to start the process again.

It's a pretty difficult achievement to get so I'd recommend taking your time and learning how to hit the sink holes consistently. The sink holes are the key to big points on this table and play a big part in the Sabretooth fight and can get you huge points on the Sentinel mode as well as being needed for the Samurai multiball.

Take the time to learn how to light up the SNIKT from the left sink hole as lighting that activates the claw save which can be invaluable to keeping your game going especially as this can be a fairly unforgiving table.

Again, thank you for the great guides,
    BMLortz

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
      Writer of Guides
      • Apr 2011

Yeh thanks for the info mate, I do plan to update the Guides at a later date sometime. Glad to know that they helped you out.
      sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
      Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
      *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• sonoproprioio69
        • Sep 2012

I only want to thank ShoryukenToTheChin for his guides, without which I would never be able to really enjoy the tables. I was so frustrated at not being able to understand all the rules, your guides were decisive in my decision to complete the entire collection of tables. Thank you again.

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
          Writer of Guides
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by sonoproprioio69
          I only want to thank ShoryukenToTheChin for his guides, without which I would never be able to really enjoy the tables. I was so frustrated at not being able to understand all the rules, your guides were decisive in my decision to complete the entire collection of tables. Thank you again.
          Oh gosh thanks so much for the kind words my dear friend, so glad my Guides helped you enjoy Pinball so much more. Also don't worry I'm currently working on the Star Wars Pinball: Battle of the Force Table Guides as we speak.
          sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
          Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• sonoproprioio69
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin
            Oh gosh thanks so much for the kind words my dear friend, so glad my Guides helped you enjoy Pinball so much more. Also don't worry I'm currently working on the Star Wars Pinball: Battle of the Force Table Guides as we speak.
            I had no doubt about it, I'm sure you'll do a great job as usual.

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
              Writer of Guides
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by sonoproprioio69
              I had no doubt about it, I'm sure you'll do a great job as usual.
              Thanks mate, although I think it will be a bit longer as I picked up a Bad Flu so not really been up to writing it up while I got this

But they are coming.
              sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
              Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                Writer of Guides
                • Apr 2011

SWP: Balance of The Force & Updated MP Table Guides are live!

The Star Wars Pinball: Balance of The Force & Updated Marvel Pinball Table Guides are now live - Click Here
                Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 12-13-2013, 06:48 PM.
                sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• ACW
                  • Dec 2013

Mr. Chin , your guides will be very helpful, but a question. The table guides at http://www.marvelpinball.com/ are usually no more than 10 or so pages, easily printable. But the ones linked to on the first post in this thread are much more. Do you have shorter versions of the other guides? I'd like to not print out hundreds of pages Thank you.

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                    Writer of Guides
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ACW
                    Mr. Chin , your guides will be very helpful, but a question. The table guides at http://www.marvelpinball.com/ are usually no more than 10 or so pages, easily printable. But the ones linked to on the first post in this thread are much more. Do you have shorter versions of the other guides? I'd like to not print out hundreds of pages Thank you.
                    Thanks for the kind words mate, sadly I don't have shortened versions of my Guides. You could always print off the stuff you need, wish I could be of more help.
                    sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• ACW
                      • Dec 2013

Thanks for the kind words mate, sadly I don't have shortened versions of my Guides. You could always print off the stuff you need, wish I could be of more help.
                      Think I'll do that; I really only need the mission stuff. Thank YOU

EDIT: Wow dude, how long does it take you to make a guide? Awesomely detailed!
                      Last edited by ACW; 12-19-2013, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                        Writer of Guides
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ACW
                        Think I'll do that; I really only need the mission stuff. Thank YOU

EDIT: Wow dude, how long does it take you to make a guide? Awesomely detailed!
                        Depends really on the Table, sometimes a Month - with playing the Table then writing up notes etc. Although I got to admit I enjoy doing it.
                        sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                        Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• ACW
                          • Dec 2013

Depends really on the Table, sometimes a Month - with playing the Table then writing up notes etc. Although I got to admit I enjoy doing it.
                          And WE enjoy the help. Is Dr. Strange the only one left?

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                            Writer of Guides
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ACW
                            And WE enjoy the help. Is Dr. Strange the only one left?
                            Yeh gotta write up the Dr. Strange Guide, although been busy with Family/Friends… being the festive season and all.
                            sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                            Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• ACW
                              • Dec 2013

Say, how would you rank the following five easiest to hardest in terms of completing the missions (including Wizard Mode)? (These are the 5 with the smallest guides):
                              Cap. America
                              Thor
                              Moon Knight
                              Mars
                              Ms. 'Splosion Man

Comment

• Cloda
                                Pinball Wizard
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ACW
                                Say, how would you rank the following five easiest to hardest in terms of completing the missions (including Wizard Mode)? (These are the 5 with the smallest guides):
                                Cap. America
                                Thor
                                Moon Knight
                                Mars
                                Ms. 'Splosion Man
                                Ms. Splosion Man is by far the easiest of this bunch. The rest are all actually quite tough but I would say in order from easiest to hardest - Cap. America, Moon Knight, Mars and Thor. If it wasn't for the pyramid mission on Mars it would have been easier.
                                XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

Working...