X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShoryukenToTheChin
    Writer of Guides
    • Apr 2011

Yeh it would be nice if all Game Devs would offer what Zen does giving the Community free guides for their products etc.and I do agree that offering this brings in new blood as some people think Pinball is just freestyle but its far deeper than that.

Another example would be fighting games; most would think "hey if I smash the Buttons hard enough il win", yet another user who practices etc. can get things out on the fly. Pinball is very startegic alot like Chess in my opinion.
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 03-11-2012, 05:47 PM.
    sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• E113
      • Oct 2011

I'm glad to see this got a sticky. I'm finding myself needing guides less and less over the months but these are still great guides. Beginners can learn a lot from them. I know they helped me out on quite a few tables. Just out of curiosity, i don't exactly need them as I've completed most of the older wizard modes, but do you plan on releasing guides for the older stuff? Secrets of the Deep, Pasha, Pinball FX ports, etc.?
      Wizard Modes Completed: Buccaneer (1-6-11) SotD (1-20-11) Agents (1-24-11) Biolab (3-31-11) MSM (10-8-11) SL (10-12-11)
      Paranormal (10-26-11) S-M (11-13-11) MK (12-15-11) X-Men (12-19-11) GR (1-15-12) CA (1-17-12) EQ (2-16-12) Rome (3-11-12)
      Pasha (3-12-12) NM (3-28-12) Extreme (5-16-12) Thor (5-22-12) SM (5-26-12) WWH (6-21-12) FF (6-22-12) Blade (6-23-12)
      IG (6-24-12) PvZ (1-7-13) ESB (2-27-13) CivilWar (6-22-13) BF (7-2-13)

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
        Writer of Guides
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by E113
        I'm glad to see this got a sticky. I'm finding myself needing guides less and less over the months but these are still great guides. Beginners can learn a lot from them. I know they helped me out on quite a few tables. Just out of curiosity, i don't exactly need them as I've completed most of the older wizard modes, but do you plan on releasing guides for the older stuff? Secrets of the Deep, Pasha, Pinball FX ports, etc.?
        Thanks for the kind words m8 & congrats on your success on those Tables;

Yeh I would love to do Guides for all the Tables available, I would need to play those old Tables again as im a bit rusty on those... The last time I went to the Wizard Mode on Speed Machine - Extreme - Agents was on the PFX1 days so its not fresh in the memory lol. But if I do produce them you will find them on the PFX2 website and of course a hyperlink will be available here.

I can only confirm for defo that all Tables release from now on will see Guides produced. With the new Marvel Pack coming that will be another 4 Guides, Hopefully I can keep up on improving the quality of the Guides as Ive come along way from that Mars Guide I produced
        sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
        Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• progrocker69
          • Oct 2011

I have just crossed into the billionaire club on this table, with a score of 1.424 billion and a rank of 67th. I thought I would add some of my own observations concerning ways to gather extra balls and score high.

What I do first on every ball is defeat three monsters and load the princess multiball with 'Extra Ball', 'Add Ball', and 'Jackpot'. I have about an 80% success rate at securing the first extra ball very quickly this way. If for some reason no ball drains down the side, I will repeat that setup until I get this extra ball. I've never failed to do this twice in a row.

Once I have the princess extra ball, I then load up the wheel with 'Add Ball', 'Jackpot' and 'Jackpot' for each subsequent multiball. I do not bother with the Super Jackpots. Why? Because the Jackpots score half what the Super Jackpots do, but I find that with multiple balls clanging around it is inordinately difficult to line up the cave shot or the top Orc shot for a Super Jackpot, but the Swarm and Bat ramps are very easy to make repeatedly. Thus, you're scoring only half as much per hit, but the hits are less risky and come at such a fast pace that in a matter of five minutes you can easily rack up several hundred million points even at a medium level.

Now, as for the Swarm and Bats extra balls, it is smart to try and go for Swarm first since you will be in a multiball mode, and should be able to keep one ball alive after the ball save goes away. Again, the strategy is similar to the princess multiball in that if you can keep one ball on each flipper and alternate the Swarm and Bats shots, you will quickly obtain the 20 skeleton hits needed for the extra ball. Any further shots, plus pool jackpot collections through the orc up top, are merely gravy but will add considerable experience when the mode is finished. If you can get up near 50 skeletons you will gain a very large percentage of a level.

Then finally, go for the Bats extra ball, but only on the condition that you are very comfortable with the Forest shot. Hitting the Forest repeatedly will score you an almost guaranteed bat every time (unless the ball kicks up and to the right out of the bumpers and comes down the right orbit), plus the bumpers will add time to the mode and ensure that more of the bat shots are lit. Once you have all the shots lit and have enough time to spank 20 bats in a way which is comfortable to you, you can then just rest your ball on a flipper and time the mode out, allowing you to go for the extra ball. If you have enough extra balls in reserve and are feeling lucky, you can just keep on hitting the Forest shot every time and accumulate a boat load of bat kills. Like with the skeletons, a high number of bats will level you easily. My record with the bats is nearly 200 now, and the result was that I gained an entire level when I was done. Plus, if your bonus multiplier is high, a lot of bats and skeletons will drive your ballout bonus way up too. But again, how you handle the bats is dependent mostly upon your level of skill. Players who are concentrating on basic shot practice and building skill may want to let the Bats mode go at first.

When battling monsters, my favorite combo is to hit Sword then Smash repeatedly. This combination deals huge damage and will sometimes bring down a monster in a single combo. If the baddie hasn't died after one combo then I will go for either Shield or Sword, depending on what flipper the ball rests on, and my second combo will either be Shield, Sword, Smash or Sword, Smash. After this second combo, my monster should be dead and new loot available. For the main boss dragon, this system should allow you to kill him after 4-6 combos. If you have your spells available, they will help a lot here and could shorten the battle quite a bit.

I'm looking forward to hitting level 100 soon, and finding out what the bonus is for that. I'm also hoping to raise my high score considerably. We shall see....

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
            Writer of Guides
            • Apr 2011

@progrocker69

Nice write up m8, glad to have you in our Community
            sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
            Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• bclewis
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by progrocker69
              I do not bother with the Super Jackpots. Why? Because the Jackpots score half what the Super Jackpots do, but I find that with multiple balls clanging around it is inordinately difficult to line up the cave shot or the top Orc shot for a Super Jackpot, but the Swarm and Bat ramps are very easy to make repeatedly. Thus, you're scoring only half as much per hit, but the hits are less risky and come at such a fast pace that in a matter of five minutes you can easily rack up several hundred million points even at a medium level.
              Yeah, that was my impression as well -- I can get in way more sword/shield shots than orc/cave shots, so I don't see much point in going for the Super Jackpots. (Not only that, but I had the impression that orc/cave shots give you regular jackpots if you haven't chosen the super jackpots?).

If Super Jackpot were worth maybe 5 or 10 times the Jackpot score it might be more tempting for me.

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                Writer of Guides
                • Apr 2011

Street Fighter II Guide Completed!

Just letting you guys know that I've just completed my Street Fighter II Guide and now I'm just proof reading it, it clocks in at just over 2,000 Words. So hopefully it will be available to view soon, il let everyone know when its available. Once again Thanks everyone and Thank you Zen Studios!
                sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                  Writer of Guides
                  • Apr 2011

Rocky & Bullwinkle Guide Completed!

Yep thats right my Rocky & Bullwinkle Guide has just been completed, its just over 2,000 Words. Look out for it soon
                  sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                  Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• Corpsesmith
                    • Dec 2011

Any news on the SFII guide? It's one of those tables that I want to enjoy (I love the old school charm it has) but is largely a real mystery to me.

And keep doing what you're doing, I find your guides really clear and I'm especially pleased that you're going back to the older tables.

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                      Writer of Guides
                      • Apr 2011

Thank you, SFII & Rocky Bullwinkle Guides should be available soon!

Originally posted by Corpsesmith
                      Any news on the SFII guide? It's one of those tables that I want to enjoy (I love the old school charm it has) but is largely a real mystery to me.

And keep doing what you're doing, I find your guides really clear and I'm especially pleased that you're going back to the older tables.
                      Thanks so much m8 for the kind words, well now there is 2 Completed Guides in the que -

- SFII
                      - Rocky & Bullwinkle

Hopefully they will be available soon, when they are I will make sure to post the direct links on this Thread.

Thanks again.
                      sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                      Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                        Writer of Guides
                        • Apr 2011

Rocky & Bullwinkle Guide - SFII Guide Available Now!!!

*NEW GUIDES!!!*

- Rocky & Bullwinkle
                        - Street Fighter II

Have been added to the First post, you can also visit the Zen Studios Blog to view them also via http://blog.zenstudios.com/?page_id=637
                        sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                        Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                          Writer of Guides
                          • Apr 2011

Agents Table Guide in Production

I have started the Agents Table Guide.
                          sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                          Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                            Writer of Guides
                            • Apr 2011

Mars & Epic Quest Table Guide has been updated!

Just letting everyone know that the Mars & Epic Quest Table Guides has been updated.

Also look out for the Agents Guide coming soon.
                            Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 04-16-2012, 06:40 PM.
                            sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                            Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• shogun00
                              Pinball Wizard
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin
                              Just letting everyone know that the Mars & Epic Quest Table Guides has been updated.

Also look out for the Agents Guide coming soon.
                              Hopefully when Zen Pinball 2 releases, you will make guides for the 5 table exclusives.

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                                Writer of Guides
                                • Apr 2011

Zen Pinball 2 will follow

Originally posted by shogun00
                                Hopefully when Zen Pinball 2 releases, you will make guides for the 5 table exclusives.
                                I plan to do just that m8, although the newer releases will have priority when producing Guides. I want to have Guides available for all Tables, not gonna be easy but eventually il get there.

The gap between Epic Quest and the Avengers Chronicles Tables have allowed time to complete Guides for Agents, Rocky N Bullwinkle and Street Fighter II.
                                sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                                Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

Working...