Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Pinball Table Guides

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Lightbulb Official Pinball Table Guides

I have decided to create a Thread where I can post links to all the Official Table Guides which have been produced for Marvel Pinball, Pinball FX 1 & FX2, Star Wars Pinball, Zen Pinball 2 etc. so far. I will continue to update this thread. Special Thanks goes out to Zen Studios!

Official Pinball Table Guides

*You can also find the Tables Guides over at the ZEN STUDIOS BLOG*

PLEASE NOTE! - where you see (!) it indicates that the Table is available on multiple Platforms such as PFX2 & ZP2 etc. The Tables themselves are the mostly the same, otherwise it will be noted within the Guide itself!

Zen Studios Pinball Games: Guide Videos - Collection of videos showing how to complete Modes etc. Bethesda Pinball & SW: Rogue One videos have been added!

Aliens vs. Pinball

Core

- (!)Aliens

- (!)Alien: Isolation

- (!)Alien vs. Predator

Bethesda Pinball

- (!)DOOM

- (!)Fallout

- (!)The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Marvel Pinball

Core

- (!)Blade *UPDATED!*

- (!)Iron Man *UPDATED!*

- (!)Spider-Man *UPDATED!*

- (!)Wolverine *UPDATED!*

Vengeance & Virtue

- (!)Ghost Rider

- (!)Moon Knight

- (!)Thor

- (!)X-Men

Avengers Chronicles

- (!)Avengers

- (!)Fear Itself

- (!)Infinity Gauntlet

- (!)World War Hulk

Women of Power

- (!)A-Force

- (!)Champions

Standalone DLC

- (!)Ant-Man

- (!)Avengers: AoU

- (!)Captain America

- (!)Civil War

- (!)Deadpool

- (!)Doctor Strange

- (!)Fantastic Four *UPDATED!*

- (!)Guardians of The Galaxy

- (!)Venom

PFX2 & ZP2

Balls of Glory Pack

- (!)American Dad

- (!)Archer

- (!)Bob's Burgers

- (!)Family Guy

Iron & Steel Pack

- (!)Castlestorm

- (!)Wild West Rampage

PFX Classics

- Agents

- Buccaneer

- (!)Earth Defence

- (!)Excalibur

- Extreme

- Nightmare Mansion

- Rocky & Bullwinkle

- Speed Machine

- (!)Street Fighter II

PFX2 Core Pack

- (!)BioLab

- (!)Pasha

- (!)Rome

- (!)Secrets of The Deep

PFX2 Standalone DLC

- Ms. Splosion Man

ZP Classics

- (!)El Dorado

- (!)Shaman

- (!)Tesla

- (!)V12

ZP Standalone DLC

- (!)Ninja Gaiden Sigma II

Standalone DLC

- (!)Epic Quest

- (!)Mars

- (!)Paranormal

- (!)Portal

- (!)Plants vs. Zombies

- (!)Sorcerers Lair *UPDATED!*

- (!)Super League Football

- (!)The Walking Dead
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 03-21-2017 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Star Wars: Rogue One guide available now!

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 03-14-2017 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Star Wars: Rogue One guide available now!

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Reserved for another day

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

didnt say the magic word

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Default Intense

The intensity of it all. Sometimes I feel that I just can't take it

Thanks for the guides. You did an excellent job.

Thanks alot m8, your opinions matter alot to Zen.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Just read your Capt America guide. Very thorough. Just one possible error. When trying to get Bucky after the skillshot, you said you have to hit the left ramp. It is actually the right ramp, at least on on the iOS version it is. And the way you mentioned the best way to hit the ramp is with a right flipper backhand shot makes me think you meant to say the right ramp.

Thanks, yeh some minor errors may be found but as long as the reader gets the jist of what needs to be done then I've succeeded in what I set out to do. Now if its something major that wont sit well with me at all. Hopefully 1 day il be able to edit them on the fly.
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 02-25-2012 at 05:02 AM.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Default Not a happy customer

Ever since reading the Epic quest guide, I'm now struggling to score over 5 million. You have a lot to answer for, young man!

You struggle to score over 5 million on a table where one jackpot is over that even on lower levels? Pretty doubtful. Do you really need to try and discredit his work with such a silly claim?

Default You need coolin'

Quote Originally Posted by BittenByThePinballBug View Post
    You struggle to score over 5 million on a table where one jackpot is over that even on lower levels? Pretty doubtful. Do you really need to try and discredit his work with such a silly claim?
    He never gave a guide about Robert Plant! And my ball keeps getting spitted out into no-mans-land on each try. I'm lost, I feel like there's not a 'whole lotta love' going on

A BIG thank you to you for taking the time to make and share these awesome table guides. It's very much appreciated. Zen studios should provide you with free donuts for this

Yep, man. Your guides are great. It's true the better player you become the lesser you need guides, since you become able to understand tables by yourself...and faster. But they are ESSENTIAL for new players, to play with understanding and really appreciate the game...so, thumbs up!

P.S. Still, i expected bigger scores from a fellow like you,Steve...
    Last edited by Zuprichy; 03-01-2012 at 02:02 PM.
    "The heart reveals what smiles betray" - Rise against

Thanks Outlane & Zuprichy, ahahah Bigger Scores well I do have a Billion on 3 Tables and on some Tables im very close to breaking a Billion so its not to bad. But yes im always wanting to improve, im happy these Guides allow others to improve.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

How come you're so amazing? What's the secret to this amazing feature? And how long has this feature been a highlight in your features?

i think these guides are for pc only , i use ps3 browser and it wants to save on external hard drive , can you make them so it opens up another page

Quote Originally Posted by maink View Post
    i think these guides are for pc only , i use ps3 browser and it wants to save on external hard drive , can you make them so it opens up another page
    They're not pc only, they're pdf files. But maybe ps3 browser doesn't support viewing pdfs?

Quote Originally Posted by bclewis View Post
    They're not pc only, they're pdf files. But maybe ps3 browser doesn't support viewing pdfs?
    The web browser's abilities on the PS3 are very limited.

Quote Originally Posted by maink View Post
    The PS3 can't open up PDF that is why it doesn't open, You could always save the PDFs to your PC Harddrive etc.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    The PS3 can't open up PDF that is why it doesn't open, You could always save the PDFs to your PC Harddrive etc.
    i don't have a pc , don't worry about it , i don't really need a guide right now , maybe for future tables , and i think i saw a moon knigh and ghost rider guide somewhere around here

Sorry to hear that m8, hopefully if you need a Guide you can work something out. Could always go to an Internet Cafe and print it out. Sorry I couldn't be anymore help.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Could always go to an Internet Cafe and print it out.
    Or the local library.

it's ok i read some stuff on ps3trophies.org , like i said don't worry about it . i probably know what to do , but seriously these trophies are very hard to get , specially for a bronze
    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Alright then m8, glad you found another way to gain access to info you need.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Default Interesting

Alright then m8, glad you found another way to gain access to info you need.
    No, you're not glad at all! You were hoping your guide would suffice! Am I right or am I right??!!??

Quote Originally Posted by celtic_illusion View Post
    No, you're not glad at all! You were hoping your guide would suffice! Am I right or am I right??!!??
    Stop trolling.

Why do you keep doing this?

No really, I want to know. You seem to take great delight in trying to undermine others hard work and belittle genuine points of interest. It clearly serves some purpose within you otherwise you wouldn't keep doing it. So I'll ask again, but I want you to really think about your answer, and tell me why...
    Last edited by Corpsesmith; 03-06-2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsesmith View Post
    Why do you keep doing this?

No really, I want to know. You seem to take great delight in trying to undermine others hard work and belittle genuine points of interest. It clearly serves some purpose within you otherwise you wouldn't keep doing it. So I'll ask again, but I want you to really think about your answer, and tell me why...
    I'm just a happy camper, rockin and a rollin!

I'm just a happy camper
    But that is painfully and obviously untrue. I kinda feel sorry for you.

Wink Celtic and blade

Don't worry Celtic I like your comments *encourages and protects from vicious snide comments*.
    I was playing blade the other day, just cos it's an epic table, and I wasn't very good at it, but I noticed I couldn't hit the Citadel during the day, it took me about 10 or so minutes to work it out (portculis) then it got easier and got 4 dracula letters and did well on daywalker and UV multiballs.
    But still I ONLY got 36 million, with 2 extra balls (Which annoyingly didn't stack)
    So I only got 1 extra ball.
    This I notice is inconsistant as some tables' extra balls stack and some don't, and I think this needs to be notified on specific tables beforehand, when the table does different things, sorry about the long post but does anyone agree???

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Pent View Post
    I noticed I couldn't hit the Citadel during the day, it took me about 10 or so minutes to work it out (portcullis) then it got easier
    Hit the green spinner (right orbit) to raise the portcullis. This also gives those four gate lights a spin. Once you hit the gate that's lit, you get a talisman that contains a special ability. Each gate has it's own unique talisman.

From top to bottom:

Gate 1.) Adds 100 points to all score values (for entire game).
    Gate 2.) Gives you 4 of the Dark Hold Chapters.
    Gate 3.) Doubles all score values (for entire game).
    Gate 4.) 50% discount at the item shop (daytime only)

But still I ONLY got 36 million, with 2 extra balls (Which annoyingly didn't stack)
    So I only got 1 extra ball.
    This I notice is inconsistent as some tables' extra balls stack and some don't, and I think this needs to be notified on specific tables beforehand, when the table does different things, sorry about the long post but does anyone agree???
    You can get a total of six extra balls in Blade (they do stack), but only two extra balls per ball count. In other words, you can only get two extra balls for ball 1, two extra balls for ball 2 and two extra balls for ball 3.

This rule is pretty much the same for most of the other tables, but there are a few exceptions (X-Men, Wolverine, Ghost Rider, Paranormal and Ms Splodeman). You can find what the extra ball limit is by looking in the operator's menu.

You get extra balls by doing the following in Blade.

1.) Collect all 8 Dark Hold chapters. This can be only be done once, unless you complete the wizard mode.

2.) Spell out BLADE during the daytime. Note: You can trigger Daywalker multiball by doing a five hit combo. However, this will not lit an extra ball.

3.) Max out the multiplier (10x).

I really like the idea that tables have different rules and that I don't know all about them and instead have to play and find out. No idea how pinball usually works but I love it this way. It adds to the different experiences playing the tables and learning them for me.
    It is also one of the reasons tables can be really hard, i didn't read anything about Blade before/when playing it and it took me quite some time to figure out what i needed to do. Especially when i had all letters but 1 on the first set of ball+extraballs and still not realising what i had to do to light the last one. and took me 3 games to figure it out.
    I did the mistake of reading about Moon Knight and how that table worked too early and it kinda killed the fun for me on that table and i didn't end up playing it much at all.
    Not against info beeing avaliable tho like on this forum where it grows the more people play. That's a great thing and what brings people together a bit so feels like a win-win for me that we have to work for things on the tables.

Yeh it would be nice if all Game Devs would offer what Zen does giving the Community free guides for their products etc.and I do agree that offering this brings in new blood as some people think Pinball is just freestyle but its far deeper than that.

Another example would be fighting games; most would think "hey if I smash the Buttons hard enough il win", yet another user who practices etc. can get things out on the fly. Pinball is very startegic alot like Chess in my opinion.
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 03-11-2012 at 05:47 PM.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

I'm glad to see this got a sticky. I'm finding myself needing guides less and less over the months but these are still great guides. Beginners can learn a lot from them. I know they helped me out on quite a few tables. Just out of curiosity, i don't exactly need them as I've completed most of the older wizard modes, but do you plan on releasing guides for the older stuff? Secrets of the Deep, Pasha, Pinball FX ports, etc.?
    Wizard Modes Completed: Buccaneer (1-6-11) SotD (1-20-11) Agents (1-24-11) Biolab (3-31-11) MSM (10-8-11) SL (10-12-11)
    Paranormal (10-26-11) S-M (11-13-11) MK (12-15-11) X-Men (12-19-11) GR (1-15-12) CA (1-17-12) EQ (2-16-12) Rome (3-11-12)
    Pasha (3-12-12) NM (3-28-12) Extreme (5-16-12) Thor (5-22-12) SM (5-26-12) WWH (6-21-12) FF (6-22-12) Blade (6-23-12)
    IG (6-24-12) PvZ (1-7-13) ESB (2-27-13) CivilWar (6-22-13) BF (7-2-13)

Quote Originally Posted by E113 View Post
    I'm glad to see this got a sticky. I'm finding myself needing guides less and less over the months but these are still great guides. Beginners can learn a lot from them. I know they helped me out on quite a few tables. Just out of curiosity, i don't exactly need them as I've completed most of the older wizard modes, but do you plan on releasing guides for the older stuff? Secrets of the Deep, Pasha, Pinball FX ports, etc.?
    Thanks for the kind words m8 & congrats on your success on those Tables;

Yeh I would love to do Guides for all the Tables available, I would need to play those old Tables again as im a bit rusty on those... The last time I went to the Wizard Mode on Speed Machine - Extreme - Agents was on the PFX1 days so its not fresh in the memory lol. But if I do produce them you will find them on the PFX2 website and of course a hyperlink will be available here.

I can only confirm for defo that all Tables release from now on will see Guides produced. With the new Marvel Pack coming that will be another 4 Guides, Hopefully I can keep up on improving the quality of the Guides as Ive come along way from that Mars Guide I produced

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

I have just crossed into the billionaire club on this table, with a score of 1.424 billion and a rank of 67th. I thought I would add some of my own observations concerning ways to gather extra balls and score high.

What I do first on every ball is defeat three monsters and load the princess multiball with 'Extra Ball', 'Add Ball', and 'Jackpot'. I have about an 80% success rate at securing the first extra ball very quickly this way. If for some reason no ball drains down the side, I will repeat that setup until I get this extra ball. I've never failed to do this twice in a row.

Once I have the princess extra ball, I then load up the wheel with 'Add Ball', 'Jackpot' and 'Jackpot' for each subsequent multiball. I do not bother with the Super Jackpots. Why? Because the Jackpots score half what the Super Jackpots do, but I find that with multiple balls clanging around it is inordinately difficult to line up the cave shot or the top Orc shot for a Super Jackpot, but the Swarm and Bat ramps are very easy to make repeatedly. Thus, you're scoring only half as much per hit, but the hits are less risky and come at such a fast pace that in a matter of five minutes you can easily rack up several hundred million points even at a medium level.

Now, as for the Swarm and Bats extra balls, it is smart to try and go for Swarm first since you will be in a multiball mode, and should be able to keep one ball alive after the ball save goes away. Again, the strategy is similar to the princess multiball in that if you can keep one ball on each flipper and alternate the Swarm and Bats shots, you will quickly obtain the 20 skeleton hits needed for the extra ball. Any further shots, plus pool jackpot collections through the orc up top, are merely gravy but will add considerable experience when the mode is finished. If you can get up near 50 skeletons you will gain a very large percentage of a level.

Then finally, go for the Bats extra ball, but only on the condition that you are very comfortable with the Forest shot. Hitting the Forest repeatedly will score you an almost guaranteed bat every time (unless the ball kicks up and to the right out of the bumpers and comes down the right orbit), plus the bumpers will add time to the mode and ensure that more of the bat shots are lit. Once you have all the shots lit and have enough time to spank 20 bats in a way which is comfortable to you, you can then just rest your ball on a flipper and time the mode out, allowing you to go for the extra ball. If you have enough extra balls in reserve and are feeling lucky, you can just keep on hitting the Forest shot every time and accumulate a boat load of bat kills. Like with the skeletons, a high number of bats will level you easily. My record with the bats is nearly 200 now, and the result was that I gained an entire level when I was done. Plus, if your bonus multiplier is high, a lot of bats and skeletons will drive your ballout bonus way up too. But again, how you handle the bats is dependent mostly upon your level of skill. Players who are concentrating on basic shot practice and building skill may want to let the Bats mode go at first.

When battling monsters, my favorite combo is to hit Sword then Smash repeatedly. This combination deals huge damage and will sometimes bring down a monster in a single combo. If the baddie hasn't died after one combo then I will go for either Shield or Sword, depending on what flipper the ball rests on, and my second combo will either be Shield, Sword, Smash or Sword, Smash. After this second combo, my monster should be dead and new loot available. For the main boss dragon, this system should allow you to kill him after 4-6 combos. If you have your spells available, they will help a lot here and could shorten the battle quite a bit.

I'm looking forward to hitting level 100 soon, and finding out what the bonus is for that. I'm also hoping to raise my high score considerably. We shall see....

@progrocker69

Nice write up m8, glad to have you in our Community

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Quote Originally Posted by progrocker69 View Post
    I do not bother with the Super Jackpots. Why? Because the Jackpots score half what the Super Jackpots do, but I find that with multiple balls clanging around it is inordinately difficult to line up the cave shot or the top Orc shot for a Super Jackpot, but the Swarm and Bat ramps are very easy to make repeatedly. Thus, you're scoring only half as much per hit, but the hits are less risky and come at such a fast pace that in a matter of five minutes you can easily rack up several hundred million points even at a medium level.
    Yeah, that was my impression as well -- I can get in way more sword/shield shots than orc/cave shots, so I don't see much point in going for the Super Jackpots. (Not only that, but I had the impression that orc/cave shots give you regular jackpots if you haven't chosen the super jackpots?).

If Super Jackpot were worth maybe 5 or 10 times the Jackpot score it might be more tempting for me.

Talking Street Fighter II Guide Completed!

Just letting you guys know that I've just completed my Street Fighter II Guide and now I'm just proof reading it, it clocks in at just over 2,000 Words. So hopefully it will be available to view soon, il let everyone know when its available. Once again Thanks everyone and Thank you Zen Studios!

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Talking Rocky & Bullwinkle Guide Completed!

Yep thats right my Rocky & Bullwinkle Guide has just been completed, its just over 2,000 Words. Look out for it soon

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Any news on the SFII guide? It's one of those tables that I want to enjoy (I love the old school charm it has) but is largely a real mystery to me.

And keep doing what you're doing, I find your guides really clear and I'm especially pleased that you're going back to the older tables.

Thumbs up Thank you, SFII & Rocky Bullwinkle Guides should be available soon!

Any news on the SFII guide? It's one of those tables that I want to enjoy (I love the old school charm it has) but is largely a real mystery to me.

And keep doing what you're doing, I find your guides really clear and I'm especially pleased that you're going back to the older tables.
    Thanks so much m8 for the kind words, well now there is 2 Completed Guides in the que -

- SFII
    - Rocky & Bullwinkle

Hopefully they will be available soon, when they are I will make sure to post the direct links on this Thread.

Thanks again.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Thumbs up Rocky & Bullwinkle Guide - SFII Guide Available Now!!!

*NEW GUIDES!!!*

- Rocky & Bullwinkle
    - Street Fighter II

Have been added to the First post, you can also visit the Zen Studios Blog to view them also via http://blog.zenstudios.com/?page_id=637

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Exclamation Agents Table Guide in Production

I have started the Agents Table Guide.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Default Mars & Epic Quest Table Guide has been updated!

Just letting everyone know that the Mars & Epic Quest Table Guides has been updated.

Also look out for the Agents Guide coming soon.
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 04-16-2012 at 06:40 PM.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Just letting everyone know that the Mars & Epic Quest Table Guides has been updated.

Also look out for the Agents Guide coming soon.
    Hopefully when Zen Pinball 2 releases, you will make guides for the 5 table exclusives.

Default Zen Pinball 2 will follow

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Hopefully when Zen Pinball 2 releases, you will make guides for the 5 table exclusives.
    I plan to do just that m8, although the newer releases will have priority when producing Guides. I want to have Guides available for all Tables, not gonna be easy but eventually il get there.

The gap between Epic Quest and the Avengers Chronicles Tables have allowed time to complete Guides for Agents, Rocky N Bullwinkle and Street Fighter II.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

I plan to do just that m8, although the newer releases will have priority when producing Guides. I want to have Guides available for all Tables, not gonna be easy but eventually il get there.
    Look on the bright side. I should be able to help you with those five guides, since I've played those tables to death in getting the trophies.

Look on the bright side. I should be able to help you with those five guides, since I've played those tables to death in getting the trophies.
    Oh yeh lol, That would be awesome m8.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Many thanks as always for the guides STTC.

The SFII one is well worth the price of admission to me purely for the explanation on how to actually start the battles (can start the Akuma one, the others (Ryu, Ken, Chun Li and Guile) were a pure mystery to me).

Cheers m8!

Many thanks as always for the guides STTC.

The SFII one is well worth the price of admission to me purely for the explanation on how to actually start the battles (can start the Akuma one, the others (Ryu, Ken, Chun Li and Guile) were a pure mystery to me).

Cheers m8!
    Thanks m8, I'm glad its helped you and increased your enjoyment of the SFII Table.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Would you be willing to put a release date by each in the OP so we could get an idea of what we might have seen already?

BTW, you should be getting FREE tables from Zen for doing this. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by BWAAA89 View Post
    He does! How do you think he releases these table guides at a timely matter for the new releases?
    Last edited by shogun00; 04-18-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BWAAA89 View Post
    Would you be willing to put a release date by each in the OP so we could get an idea of what we might have seen already?

Thanks m8, hmm yeh I know it may be hard to see which one has been added. I do post that I added something new, you can see this a few posts up when I say ".....available"

I try to limit the amount of text in the orginal post, also at the bottom it says something along the lines of reason for edit. I alway put a reason there so viewers know what updated.

Hope this addresses you query, it brings me great joy knowing I helped a fellow Pinballer out.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

thought id thank you ShoryukenToTheChin for these guides they do really help get an idea of what we should do and how to do it so thank you vary much

Thumbs up Brings a Tear to the ol' Eye Socket

Quote Originally Posted by RabidShark View Post
    thought id thank you ShoryukenToTheChin for these guides they do really help get an idea of what we should do and how to do it so thank you vary much
    Thanks so much m8, remember sooner or later all the Tables will have Guides so keep checking back. Also this Forum contains alot of helpful advice, just ask a question and the Community will swing into action.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Wink Buccaneer Table Guide - Coming Soon

I'm about half way done with my Buccaneer Table Guide. This should be completed soonish.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Exclamation Agents table guide - available now!

Agents Table Guide is now available, Go Check It Out!

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Fantastic! Thanks for doing a guide to Agents - I love that table even though I dont know what I'm doing half the time (I have a "hit anything flashing policy" that seems to work quite well on most tables but it's just not the same as knowing what you are doing). Well that's my evening sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Shark View Post
    Fantastic! Thanks for doing a guide to Agents - I love that table even though I dont know what I'm doing half the time (I have a "hit anything flashing policy" that seems to work quite well on most tables but it's just not the same as knowing what you are doing). Well that's my evening sorted!
    Thanks so much m8, I hope it helps you smash your Highscore

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Agents guide looks great! Glad I could help the little bit that I did. Looking forward to Buccaneer/Nightmare Mansion/Pasha guides soon, hopefully. Keep up the great work sir!
    Wizard Modes Completed: Buccaneer (1-6-11) SotD (1-20-11) Agents (1-24-11) Biolab (3-31-11) MSM (10-8-11) SL (10-12-11)
    Paranormal (10-26-11) S-M (11-13-11) MK (12-15-11) X-Men (12-19-11) GR (1-15-12) CA (1-17-12) EQ (2-16-12) Rome (3-11-12)
    Pasha (3-12-12) NM (3-28-12) Extreme (5-16-12) Thor (5-22-12) SM (5-26-12) WWH (6-21-12) FF (6-22-12) Blade (6-23-12)

Agents guide looks great! Glad I could help the little bit that I did. Looking forward to Buccaneer/Nightmare Mansion/Pasha guides soon, hopefully. Keep up the great work sir!
    Thanks m8 for your help, yep don't worry im on them.. think it will be Nightmare Mansion next for me

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Since reading these guides I've been going downhill. I want my money back.

Awesome stuff! Was delving into X-men table last night and I didn't even realize the amount of missions and wizard modes were on this table. It's becoming one of my favorite tables now.

Still though Epic Quest is #1 followed by

Thor
    Moon Knight
    Captain America
    X-Men
    MARS
    Fantastic Four
    Sorcerer's Lair
    Iron Man

Thanks again

Default Highscoring on E'Quest !!!

chose both Jackpots ( Sword-&Shieldramp) capture 2 Balls,1 on the left & 1 on the right Flipper, then let the Balls change the Side with in hitting the Jackpotramps
    after shoting 1 do the second Shot some seconds later... to swap Places,

Thumbs up Thanks Guys

Thanks guys, glad to see they are helping.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Quote Originally Posted by Dicepticon79 View Post
    chose both Jackpots ( Sword-&Shieldramp) capture 2 Balls,1 on the left & 1 on the right Flipper, then let the Balls change the Side with in hitting the Jackpotramps
    after shoting 1 do the second Shot some seconds later... to swap Places,
    That's what I try to do. When I destroy enough monsters I lock a ball in extra ball (just in case then line up the other 2 in the single jackpot lanes and alternate the sword and shield remaps when I can. Just the other day I did my best score I 431m. Not on par with Hypno's but still pretty good.

I might hold back playing EQ and other zen tables till ZP2 is released. I would like to see how different the tables will be with the enhances Physics. Saw the Avegers table demo on gamesradar and the Physics look really good. Still think the balls are a little too heavy but That's from seeing the Avengers table and no others.

Exclamation Earth Def, Excalibur, Extreme, Speed Machine & Nightmare Mansion Table Guides done!

Yep all 5 of them are completed, Yey! that means I have finally produced Guides for all 9 of the PFX1 Classic Tables!

I will add them to the first post when they are live which should be soon.
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 05-29-2012 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Added Earth Defence to the Completed - awaiting

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Exclamation Buccaneer guide available now!

Buccaneer Table Guide is now available everyone -

http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=1351

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Default Epic Quest Guide

One other item that I did not see in your guide: If you used the "add ball" for Princess multi-ball, but run out of the add balls, the loot hole then gives you a nice bonus. I am not sure the formula for the bonus, seems to be about 1/4th of your jackpot though. It is also very easy to hit. This makes having add ball even more valuable.

(I also diagree and think the best items in Princess Multiball is Extra Ball, Add Ball, and Jackpot. I would rather have standard Jackpot on two lanes than a super-jackpot on one)

Quote Originally Posted by Bytemaster View Post
    One other item that I did not see in your guide: If you used the "add ball" for Princess multi-ball, but run out of the add balls, the loot hole then gives you a nice bonus. I am not sure the formula for the bonus, seems to be about 1/4th of your jackpot though. It is also very easy to hit. This makes having add ball even more valuable.

(I also diagree and think the best items in Princess Multiball is Extra Ball, Add Ball, and Jackpot. I would rather have standard Jackpot on two lanes than a super-jackpot on one)
    Yeh I just put those as they are my personally choice, as I can hit the Super Jackpot Sink Hole quiete regardly. But of course 2 Jackpot Lanes is another good way to go.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Default but, but when?

Yep all 5 of them are completed, Yey! that means I have finally produced Guides for all 9 of the PFX1 Classic Tables!

I will add them to the first post when they are live which should be soon.
    *tapping fingers impatiently...

soon, as in tomorrow soon?? Pretty please???

Quote Originally Posted by Bushlops View Post
    *tapping fingers impatiently...

soon, as in tomorrow soon?? Pretty please???
    Hhehehe It gives me joy that you are looking forward to them, well Zen is busy at E3 2012. Don't worry because as soon as they are live I will post direct links to them.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Question Moon Knight

Ive got back into Moon Knight recently – the guide was definitely a good refresher on the basics but there is definitely more depth to this table.

I don’t claim to have the answers but I would like to know more about:

- Levelling up – done by completing main ‘MOON’ mission's but sometimes by doing other things as well? What are the benefits? How does it effect scoring? What is the maximum level?

- Taxi journeys – Ive read somewhere there is a substantial bonus for completing a certain amount of journeys?

- Encircled mini game. Increases the mission bonus – a once only deal? Need to know more – what is the best tactic?

- Lights on the inlanes – red, blue and gold – the same colour as the orbs – whats going on here?

- Rewards from Crawley – seems like quite a few available, kickbacks, score bonuses etc... What are they?

- Crossbow game – Ive never completed all the levels – any rewards available?

- Stockmarket – I know how to complete it quickly but how does the scoring work – is it worth hanging around in this mode?

- General scoring strategies – complete the MOON missions first to increase rank? Best use of encircled? Etc..etc...

None of the above are necessary to complete the table but Id be interested to know the answer to any of the above questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alipan View Post
    - Levelling up – done by completing main ‘MOON’ mission's but sometimes by doing other things as well? What are the benefits? How does it effect scoring? What is the maximum level?
    The level can only be increased by completing a "MOON" mission.
    Your level increases the "end of ball" bonus, but it's not worth it. Don't focus on it, there is others things that will score better.

- Taxi journeys – Ive read somewhere there is a substantial bonus for completing a certain amount of journeys?
    Each journey increase the "end of ball" bonus and the points gained for the next journey mission. These bonus will not be resetted after a ball lost.

- Encircled mini game. Increases the mission bonus – a once only deal? Need to know more – what is the best tactic?
    Each time you finish a level in the "Encircled" mini game, the points gained from completing a "moon" mission is increased by 1 million.

- Lights on the inlanes – red, blue and gold – the same colour as the orbs – whats going on here?
    When you pass on a inlane, the color of the inlane will light on. When all the 3 inlanes are light on, some lights (not necessery all) on the inlanes will blink. Just pass on one inlane where the light is blinking to get 10 orbs from this color. If multiple inlanes are blinking, the inlanes you don't choose will light off.

- Rewards from Crawley – seems like quite a few available, kickbacks, score bonuses etc... What are they?
    You can have :
    - Vengeance gauge full : blue orbs at max
    - 1984 bonus points for each points gained
    - Small variable points (20 000 at the beginning of the table)
    - Big variable points (80 000 at the beginning of the table)
    - BIG BIG variable points (300-400k points)
    - Ball save activated
    - Kickbacks activated (the two !)
    - Multiplier bonus increased

- Crossbow game – Ive never completed all the levels – any rewards available?
    Some points and if completed, the last level launchs the "Vengeance Mode", where you can pass through orbits and ramps to gain 50.000 bonus points each time. But, if you want to light on the "I" letter and go to the sorcerer mode, you need to complete a Moon Crossbow level. My advice is to complete a Moon Crossbow mini-game only to light on the "I" letter because the fifth level is very long and you must make a perfect ! It's very difficult. If the letter is already light on, just lose the mini-game.

- Stockmarket – I know how to complete it quickly but how does the scoring work – is it worth hanging around in this mode?
    No, it not worth it. Buy ay 9, sell at 99 (^_^) and sell all when you are sure to have made some money.

- General scoring strategies – complete the MOON missions first to increase rank? Best use of encircled? Etc..etc...
    To have a big score :
    - complete an easy MOON mission, like Black Specter, to activate the red orbs
    - play the "Encircled" mini-game to increase your "MOON" mission bonus to 100 millions, the max, you can't go higher. If you launch a "MOON" mission before, chose Morpheus and lose your ball, the ball save is always activated during this mission.
    Now, it's time to get the reward :
    - play the others "MOON" mission to gain 100 millions (without the sorcerer mode, you gain 300 millions easy)
    - because you play the "Encircled" mini-game, your "end of ball" bonus has increased by 10.000 for each "bad guy" you have arrested. You think it not worth it ? WRONG ! Each "Encircled" mini-game have 18 "bad guy", so 180.000 "end of ball" bonus. Go get the 10x multiplier and it's 1,8 million. And to achieve the 100 millions bonus, you must complete 100 times => 1800 "bad guy" arrested => 180 millions. But you know what ? The number of "bad guy" is not reseted in case of ball lost ! Just make it at your first ball, gain all possible extra balls and it's 9x180 = 1,620 billion minimum. There is only one problem with this method : it's extremely boring...
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Mammouth - THANKS that is fantastic.

That is exactly the information I was looking for - should help me improve my score easily!

Mammouth's got an awesome way to increase Highscore but jeez that will take forever.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Mammouth's got an awesome way to increase Highscore but jeez that will take forever.
    Agreed, that is an unholy grind but I realise now how some of the massive scores on the leaderboard were achieved.

Steve - if you ever update the Moon Knight guide you should consider adding some of that info, especially about the 'Encircled' minigame adding to the mission score.

One thing about using this method is that once you fully spell Moon Knight you will be unable to increase your multipliers until you complete the wizard mode. Choose an easy mission to skip like the moon crossbow or rough customers. If you get to wizard mode and lose a ball you risk losing hundreds of millions if you can not complete the wizard mode on the next ball.

Great post Mammouth!

-B

Crossbow game – Ive never completed all the levels – any rewards available?
    Although Mammouth answered your question. I would like to add something on to this one.

Make sure you shoot Khonshu in the Moon Crossbow mini-game. You get a million point bonus if you do.

Agreed, that is an unholy grind but I realise now how some of the massive scores on the leaderboard were achieved.

Steve - if you ever update the Moon Knight guide you should consider adding some of that info, especially about the 'Encircled' minigame adding to the mission score.
    Will do, Altho I'm going to be very busy with Avengers Chronicles next week also want to do the PFX2 Core Pack Guides (Pasha, Rome, BioLab & Secrets) then the Zen Pinball 2 (PS3 & PSVita) exclusive table Guides. hehehe alot of work but I honestly find it fun, actually pushes me to raise my game

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

hehehe alot of work but I honestly find it fun, actually pushes me to raise my game
    And this is why I try to help out whenever I'm in the "pinball mood", especially with the older tables that you don't have guides for yet. It pushes me to raise my game and helps me in the long run with the tables I haven't completed yet. Helping the community is just an added bonus. I'd rather share my info to help others than just tell my roommate, who doesn't listen to my pinball advice anyway.

Snip
    Thanks m8, regarding the Older Tables all thats left is - Pasha, Secrets of The Deep, Rome & BioLab. There is about 5 PFX1 Table Guides pending, should be live soon.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Cool Pasha Table Guide has just been completed! Look out for it soon!

Yep I just completed it, should be available soonish and as always I will add the direct link to the Guide when its live.

Thanks to Zen Studios & the Community for their Support

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

That's awesome news. Now if only Zen would update the site with the 5 (now 6) guides you already submitted lol. How far along is the Biolab guide?

I've been working a bit on Secrets of the Deep. I'm making progress but only seeming to get D*E* lit up, sometimes DEE*. I seem to have trouble with the ramp combos to get the P. If/when I get wizard mode done, you'll be getting a PM for sure. This is by far the hardest wizard mode to activate on any of Zen's tables. The fact that sinking a ball into one of the Ship Wreck holes ends the wizard mode and resets the table makes it downright unforgiving as well. How often do you not hit one of those holes when the ball is up there (lol)?

Anyways, your guides are awesome, hope to see a Fear Itself guide soon. I can't seem to figure that one out so I haven't been playing it much.

Yep I just completed it, should be available soonish and as always I will add the direct link to the Guide when its live.

Thanks to Zen Studios & the Community for their Support
    Quick question, Steve. Will you do the Avenger Chronicles guide in accordance with the PS3 version as it has more objectives on it?
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    Quick question, Steve. Will you do the Avenger Chronicles guide in accordance with the PS3 version as it has more objectives on it?
    I've been helping STTC via PM on the PS3 version side of things.

I still need to write the The Avengers tips for his guide, but I'm making sure he is aware of the different trophies that are available on the PS3 version and how to obtain them.

I could write some tips of The Infinity Gauntlet table, if you guys need it

I've been helping STTC via PM on the PS3 version side of things.

I still need to write the The Avengers tips for his guide, but I'm making sure he is aware of the different trophies that are available on the PS3 version and how to obtain them.
    That's fantastic, Shogun! I need it. The only trophy I have for the Avenger's is the bang back trophy. I want to finish this and the rest of PS3. Would you know if we will have to do the trophy requirements for Avenger Chronicles all over again for ZP2? I know most of the Marvel Pinball and ZP1 tables will have new trophies, but I find it difficult to believe the this newly Avenger's pack will have it. (I should have put this in the ZP2..I know)
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

That's fantastic, Shogun! I need it. The only trophy I have for the Avenger's is the bang back trophy. I want to finish this and the rest of PS3. Would you know if we will have to do the trophy requirements for Avenger Chronicles all over again for ZP2? I know most of the Marvel Pinball and ZP1 tables will have new trophies, but I find it difficult to believe the this newly Avenger's pack will have it. (I should have put this in the ZP2..I know)
    You will have to re-do them! It's gonna be fun, right?!

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    I think we're all good for that table. I already defeated every mission and the wizard mode. I have a good strategy for the Mind Gem, that I gave to STTC. He even told me that he has quite a bit of material for that table. The only one he needs tips on is for the The Avengers table.

To STTC: I've been pretty busy this week dealing with computer problems (stupid lighting storm). I'll try to get the tips PMed to you later tonight.

Red face Thanks to the Community!

Thanks everyone, its awesome knowing there is a demand for my Guides. I did the Pasha Table Guide because I had it on my to-do list for some time, plus I was looking for the Overhead Images for the Avengers Chronicles Tables. Managed to find WW Hulks Overhead Image, so il write that up first... next it should be Infinity Gauntlet etc.

The Guides will explain the Tables Ins & Outs, just look at my latest Guides to know what to expect for them.

@ deep
    Well m8 if you have any secret tips im more than happy to include them, thanks for visiting the Thread its an honour.

@ shogun
    Your help is out of this World, me and the Community can't thank you enough.

@ Barbie
    Any chance you can get a hold of the PFX2 Table Icons because I want to put them beside the Table Guide links in the first post.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    You will have to re-do them! It's gonna be fun, right?!
    Yes fun....fun! *mumbles about Blitzkrieg* LOL Seriously I will enjoy it. It's not the first time I had to redo trophies/achievements and it sure won't be the last.
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    I would LOVE to have a table designer write a guide to their table! It would be fantastic! If they could even look over the current guides and give some input on things like End of Ball bonuses and such (Thinking of Nightmare Mansion), that would be amazing.

Yes fun....fun! *mumbles about Blitzkrieg* LOL Seriously I will enjoy it. It's not the first time I had to redo trophies/achievements and it sure won't be the last.
    Am I the only person who the thought the Blitzkrieg cheevo/trophy was a breeze? As long as you can consistently hit the random reward hole it shouldn't be difficult. The mission itself I finished on the second try. I have faith in your skills Rafie.

Am I the only person who the thought the Blitzkrieg cheevo/trophy was a breeze? As long as you can consistently hit the random reward hole it shouldn't be difficult. The mission itself I finished on the second try. I have faith in your skills Rafie.
    Well I appreciate that kind sir. I'm no where near as good as the rest of you, but I will get the job done. Blitzkrieg just got on my nerves because that stupid robot just positions itself to shoot the 1M first before I can get to it. Or maybe its just me. I gotta stop freaking out about it. I did it on the 360 version in about 5 tries, but the PS3 version I get so close and it would win. I'll get it again though, then do it a 3rd time for ZP2.
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to the table guides ShoryukenToTheChin. I really appreciate your help and input with these.

Quote Originally Posted by BootToTheKool View Post
    Thank you for your hard work and dedication to the table guides ShoryukenToTheChin. I really appreciate your help and input with these.
    Thank you very much m8, and welcome to the Forums/Community.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Thanks, been lurking for a while now. Figured it was time to speak up. Do you compile information from forum members to create your table guides? Which platform do you work off of? By and large, the XBOX 360 community seems to be more interactive, at least when it comes to the forums.

My Zen Pinball is through the almighty XBOX Live.