Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Pinball Table Guides

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BootToTheKool View Post
    Thanks, been lurking for a while now. Figured it was time to speak up. Do you compile information from forum members to create your table guides? Which platform do you work off of? By and large, the XBOX 360 community seems to be more interactive, at least when it comes to the forums.

My Zen Pinball is through the almighty XBOX Live.
    Im a PFX2 player myself, will be delving into Zen Pinball 2 when that launches later this year. As for the Guides I gather Information by playing the Tables and writing notes etc. also by collecting info given by the various Community Members. So its a real Community Effort imo.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by BootToTheKool View Post
    Thanks, been lurking for a while now. Figured it was time to speak up. Do you compile information from forum members to create your table guides? Which platform do you work off of? By and large, the XBOX 360 community seems to be more interactive, at least when it comes to the forums.

My Zen Pinball is through the almighty XBOX Live.
    Yeah, its definitely a group effort. We all help out as much as we can by flooding SttC's inbox with table info in PMs lol. I know I personally have sent him lots of info on many of the older tables (FX1 and the FX2 core pack). I love going back and playing the older tables when my skill improves to see what I can accomplish that I coulcn't before. Whenever I do this I take notes on everything I do. We all appreciate the hard work SttC puts into these guides so we try to help as much as we can.

Oh and WWH guide is done huh? Awesome! Now if only Zen would have time to update the 6 guides that have already been submitted.
    Wizard Modes Completed: Buccaneer (1-6-11) SotD (1-20-11) Agents (1-24-11) Biolab (3-31-11) MSM (10-8-11) SL (10-12-11)
    Paranormal (10-26-11) S-M (11-13-11) MK (12-15-11) X-Men (12-19-11) GR (1-15-12) CA (1-17-12) EQ (2-16-12) Rome (3-11-12)
    Pasha (3-12-12) NM (3-28-12) Extreme (5-16-12) Thor (5-22-12) SM (5-26-12) WWH (6-21-12) FF (6-22-12) Blade (6-23-12)
    IG (6-24-12) PvZ (1-7-13) ESB (2-27-13) CivilWar (6-22-13) BF (7-2-13)

Cool Infinity Gauntlet Table Guide COMPLETED!

Yep its completed, just over 4,500 words.
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 07-05-2012 at 03:47 PM.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Yep its completed, just over 4000 words.
    Good work, Steve! Thanks a million.
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    Good work, Steve! Thanks a million.
    No probs m8, next its Fear Itself to get the Guide treatment
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Exclamation Nightmare Mansion, Extreme & Speed Machine Guides - AVAILABLE NOW!

http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=1706 - Good news everyone; 3 new Guides are available for your viewing pleasure - Extreme, Nightmare Mansion & Speed Machine.

Direct Links have been added to the 1st post of this Thread.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

i can't wait for the fear itself guide

Cool Fear Itself Guide is COMPLETED!

Quote Originally Posted by bazz View Post
    i can't wait for the fear itself guide
    I just completed it today funny enough; its a freaking Monster of a Guide imo to go with this Epic Table!

Just under 6,500 Words and over 30 Pages!
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Exclamation Avengers Table Guide is Completed!

Completed at just under 4,500 words look out for it soon guys, thats now all of the Avengers Chronicles Pack Guides completed
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

i hope to not sound a bit rude asking but
    when are you gonna upload the guides?

Quote Originally Posted by bazz View Post
    i hope to not sound a bit rude asking but
    when are you gonna upload the guides?
    Its in Zen's hands now, I would say the earliest you will see it is next week.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

There are a few errors in your Speed Machine guide. If I take the time to explain them, would you update the guide to correct the problems, or is it too old to bother with at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    There are a few errors in your Speed Machine guide. If I take the time to explain them, would you update the guide to correct the problems, or is it too old to bother with at this point?
    Ah sad to hear it, you could PM the errors to me if you want and if I do ever edit the Guide then I will add those but I do doubt that I will go back to them as im swamped with Tables I need to write Guides for etc.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Default Suggestion

Maybe you should put plain text versions of your guides on here first then people can view them straightaway and offer comments, questions and corrections and you can easily update the info. Once they are as complete as they are going to be you can turn them into glossy 'official' versions and give them to Zen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Shark View Post
    Maybe you should put plain text versions of your guides on here first then people can view them straightaway and offer comments, questions and corrections and you can easily update the info. Once they are as complete as they are going to be you can turn them into glossy 'official' versions and give them to Zen.
    Yeh that would be great, but that would take more time and most of my Guides are over 4,500 Words so it would take quite a few posts to display it all. I did do something like this for Epic Quest doh, but its harder when you go back and do Guides for Tables like Agents which are quite niche in the Community. Don't get me wrong your suggestion is awesome and logical.

Yeh here it is Click Here
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 07-21-2012 at 08:31 PM.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Cool BioLab Table Guide COMPLETED!

Yep I managed to complete my BioLab Table Guide look out for it soon!
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Default thanks

Thanks for the guides, especially x-men which I just read. I have a young family and many other hobbies, so there are long stretches where I don't get to play PB, and it seems the tables are released faster than I can learn even one of them lately. (luckily IG was easy to learn for the tourney). I was looking at some of my scores for MPB and they are quite low relatively speaking. My x-men score is a mere 600 million. I even had no idea how to activate kickbacks, and a lot of the rules for this table. Your guide should help me out quite a bit I hope, to at least break into the billions. Do you have any strategies for scoring on this table. or is it just a generic, "complete all the missions" type of game?? cheers. Oh, one last thing... how many extra balls can you get on this one? It seems you can get the power of love more than once per regular ball, but the "dream lives on" is only available once for the whole game?? is that right?
    Check out my youtube videos for basic pinball strategies: caperUnderscore26

Red face Do You ever update your guides?

Shoryuken thanks for the guides. They are usually very helpful. Just a couple of Qualms though. I was reading your spiderman guide and it is very vague to say the least. Can you explain his spider sense powers? How many extra balls can you get per ball? per game? Sorry, I'm trying to be a D**k, it's just not one of your better guides. Have fun with the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by theRonlyConly97 View Post
    How many extra balls can you get per ball? per game?
    2 per ball; 6 in all.

Quote Originally Posted by caper_26 View Post
    Snip
    Thanks alot m8 for the kind words, Yeh mostly my Guides are a roadmap on how to complete/achieve all aspects of the Table in question. Epic Quest I did add a Strategy section which one of our Community Members was helpful enough to write up.

Forgive me as I haven't played Xmen for a couple Months so i'm rusty on its mechanics, But I beleive you can only gain each Extra Ball via the methods written once in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by theRonlyConly97 View Post
    Snip
    Thanks for the kind words m8; Yep those Guides where from when I first started writing up Guides (Marvel Pinball Core Collection) so they defo can't match what I put out now... well I would like to think that lol. I have been thinking about going back and updating them but Im swamped with other Guides I need to write up etc. I did however updated my Mars Guide and made sure to alert the masses, so if I ever do that again you guys will be the first to know about it.

I see your question was answered thanks shogun00!
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

well holy hell. Was sitting at 470 million after first ball, and after the Magneto 2 ball-multi, the game glitched as 1 ball drained and the other hit a lock, immediately after. had to reset. ugh. On a positive note, i started another game and I am sitting at 1.2 billion on 2nd ball with full extras waiting. about doubled my original score...

Cool Secrets of The Deep Table Guide - COMPLETED & COMING SOON!

Just completed my Secrets of The Deep Table Guide, it clocks in at about 5,517 Words.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Thanks for all your hard work, Shoryuken! I'm enjoying the guides. They are very helpful to a pinball amateur like me and help me to enjoy the depth of the tables in spite of the fact that I will probably never experience wizard mode on any of them.

I notice that there are quite a few guides completed but not posted. What is the usual delay between your submission and posting (how soon should I check back)?

Thanks!

Thumbs up Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bwhitenb5e View Post
    Thanks for all your hard work, Shoryuken! I'm enjoying the guides. They are very helpful to a pinball amateur like me and help me to enjoy the depth of the tables in spite of the fact that I will probably never experience wizard mode on any of them.

I notice that there are quite a few guides completed but not posted. What is the usual delay between your submission and posting (how soon should I check back)?

Thanks!
    Glad to see that the Guides help you out, hmm for easy Wizard Modes go for Tables like Epic Quest, Ms. Splosion Man and Sorcerrers Lair.

Regarding the Guides being posted, it depends if Zen don't have something else more important to post like announcing a new game etc. as come on a Table release date is more worthy lol. I would say the Avengers Chronicles Guides will be available real soon. Thanks again for the kind words m8.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Thanks!
    You'll get your first wizard mode, and may I suggest Capt. America. It's pretty easy to complete the 6 missions once you can hit the ramps you want, and the Wizard mode is not that hard to complete either. It's still a fun table despite being "easy". It was my first completed wizard mode and I've been playing casual since Zen pinball 1 launch. Never been that good at it, but all the new tables, future dlc and zp2 coming inspired me to step up my game this year. After one wizard mode cleared, you'll be confident enough to take on any table, this is where the fun starts for real: competing with yourself to get all those tables cleared that you so far just've been messing around with

Oh, and agreed, SRKTTC's guides are great, I wish I'd read them years ago
    Last edited by Tberg; 08-03-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tberg View Post
    Oh, and agreed, SRKTTC's guides are great, I wish I'd read them years ago
    Thanks m8.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Exclamation Avengers Chronicles Table Guides - AVAILABLE NOW!

Sorry for the delay everyone but finally the Avengers Chronicles Table Guides are available to View/Download -

Avengers Chronicles Table Guides
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

They look great! Thanks again, bud!

Great stuff STTC, Thanks for this!

I would like to also add that in Fear itself table in the Angrir mission you can also shoot at the Odin ramp/diverter ramp to increase the amount the hits are deducted from 100. Also 5 is not the max. I had it as much as 7.... could be more.

Also just to clarify the nerkkod mission the ramps after phase #1 must be hit by the neutral ball or it wont count. If you attempt to shoot at the ramps with the steel ball it will freeze the ball for a short period of time and then release.

Alsp Greithoth there is a final shot other than
    • Left Orbit (3)
    • Iron Man Ramp (4)
    • Odin Sword Locker (7)
    • Odin Ramp (9)
    • Right Orbit (10)
    and that's the random reward sinkhole.

Just clarifying. Hope you can edit the changes.

Sorry for the delay everyone but finally the Avengers Chronicles Table Guides are available to View/Download -

Avengers Chronicles Table Guides
    Thanks man! Great work! I do have one question though. I haven't completed multiball in the arena on WWH. It starts after you complete the arena once and then go back into it. Have you seen this or know what rewards are possible upon completion? Thanks.

Also, you mentioned in The Infinity Gauntlet guide that you try to keep the ball up around the soul pop bumpers for as long as you can with the top right flipper. I found that nudging the table to the right just before the ball goes down the silver surf board will knock the ball back just far enough to continue hitting the bumpers with the flipper. I generally use both my allotted tilts and have exceeded 330 million souls with that technique.
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Snip
    Thanks for the kind words m8.

Sorry to hear about those errors; Im sure I put that into the Guide lol... il try my best to see if I can get that updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    Snip
    Thank for the kind words m8, hmm not sure about the Arena as I only completed it a couple of times then never bov'd with it. Interesting strategy to attain Souls from the Pop Bumpers.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Think you've got an error in the infinity gauntlet guide. When you complete the warlock frenzy mode, the bonus points for defeating thanos is only 10 million, not 50 million.

Default I also want to drop my IG knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
    Think you've got an error in the infinity gauntlet guide. When you complete the warlock frenzy mode, the bonus points for defeating thanos is only 10 million, not 50 million.
    Shoryuken, I'm diggin' your passon M8, so here's some things that I believe I know from the tournament. Successful Power shots for an extra ball only total 5 possibly 6 at most, but they must be successful and match the dot matrix in timing. Gauntlet Multiball starts after 45 soul bumper hits unlit, but can increase up to at least 70 (I think????) After completing the soul gem the bonus is always 6M. Each time you light the H-E-R-O multiplier after maxing it out you get a 5M bonus. (on the same ball of course) Although you can get extra balls 4 different ways, you can get 5 total extra balls per game, but you must get all 4 different ways of earning the extra balls (Max out multiplier, Silver Surfer, Kiss of Death, and Power shot) before you can achieve the 5th Extra Ball. The 5th Extra Ball can be acquired by any of the 4 ways necessary. My Strategy on the skillshot was to always increase the multiplier and get a HERO. My theory is that I can almost always increase the multiplier to X10, so this brings me one step closer to an Extra Ball and to the 5 Million bonus. Looking forward to the Secrets of the Deep Guide! Later.
    Last edited by theRonlyConly97; 08-05-2012 at 12:06 PM.

Thank for the kind words guys, yep if I get the chance to update them I will. Im just happy there isn't any major errors or I would have been even more annoyed with myself

Thanks again.

Yeh Il start writing up my Rome Guide next.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Cool Rome Table Guide Completed! Look out for it soon!

Yep I just completed my Rome Table Guide, clocked in at just over 3,500 Words.

This now means that I now have all Table Guides done for;

- PFX1

- PFX2 - until a new Table is released.

- Marvel Pinball - until a new Table is released.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Sorry dude, you don't get credit 'til they're posted.

Sorry dude, you don't get credit 'til they're posted.
    LMAO oh thats Gold m8, Yeh I know but at least you guys know they are done and are in the que.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Great thread!
    Great effort!
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by pinball.lover17 View Post
    Great thread!
    Great effort!
    Congrats!
    Thank you so much m8, Its a Community Effort
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

couple of points for you. After reading a few guides, the term for the 'bumpers above the lower flippers' is "slingshots", and the lanes between the bumpers have "rollovers" to activate the lights, the same as the rollovers on in/out lanes. I have no idea how in the hell you figured everything out for Mars, but kudos for that. I must give it a try.

Snip
    Yeh in the newer Guides I stated using the correct term lol, yeh Mars was a beast of a Table to dissect but I think the hardest for me was Moon Knight as that Table has alot of subtles.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Thumbs up Thumbs up

Yeh in the newer Guides I stated using the correct term lol, yeh Mars was a beast of a Table to dissect but I think the hardest for me was Moon Knight as that Table has alot of subtles.
    Moon Knight is fantastic. It's a top 5 table for me out of the non-exclusive tables. Your guide for Mars was great help to me personally.

I just got the core exclusives for the PS3 so I am really waiting on the Zen Pinball 2 guides.

Red face Thankx

Quote Originally Posted by BPestZ View Post
    Moon Knight is fantastic. It's a top 5 table for me out of the non-exclusive tables. Your guide for Mars was great help to me personally.

I just got the core exclusives for the PS3 so I am really waiting on the Zen Pinball 2 guides.
    Thanks m8, means so much to me knowing the help out. Yep I'm excited to play the Zen Pinball Exclusives - V12, El Dorado, Shaman, Tesla & Ninja Gaiden Sigma II.
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 08-27-2012 at 02:06 AM.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Yep I just completed my Rome Table Guide, clocked in at just over 3,500 Words.

This now means that I now have all Table Guides done for;

- PFX1

- PFX2 - until a new Table is released.

- Marvel Pinball - until a new Table is released.
    Can you just post them here? Seems like they aren't in a hurry to add them to the blog.

Can you just post them here? Seems like they aren't in a hurry to add them to the blog.
    Don't worry m8 they will be added, your suggustion to post them here hmmm... I don't think it will be good as most of my Guides contain alot of Images etc. so its easier for them to be distributed via PDF. Zen will also be very busy this Week as PAX will begin end of the Week.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Thumbs up

Thank you for the hard work you put into these guides. I'm looking forward to the zen pinball exclusive guides.

Thumbs up Thankx

Quote Originally Posted by parathod View Post
    Thank you for the hard work you put into these guides. I'm looking forward to the zen pinball exclusive guides.
    Thanks so much for the kind words.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

All the guides you have listed as 'coming soon', can they be e-mailed to me, or hosted anywhere, or do they have to be distributed by Zen? Great work, I download them to my Android phone and view them whilst on pause.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataeus View Post
    All the guides you have listed as 'coming soon', can they be e-mailed to me, or hosted anywhere, or do they have to be distributed by Zen? Great work, I download them to my Android phone and view them whilst on pause.
    Zen distribute them, think of them as my publisher.

Thanks alot m8, im so glad they help you out.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Thumbs up

No worries, I just can't wait for them is all! You need to add "Biolab - completed & coming soon" to your original post :-)
    I've been using your guides for as long as you've been writing them, and they just keep getting better.
    What I thoroughly like about them is that they actually tell you the stuff you want to know in simple, up front and to the point language. You don't have to dig around for info like you do in the game itself, reading the table rules. For PFX 3 I think Zen should just copy your format for the rules sheets, it will be much easier to underatand which ramp is which instead of those useless screen shots.
    Of course they couldn't include detailed info that you do as it would be telling you exactly how and when to hit the ball, but I think knowing which target is which is of vital importance.
    Thanks again, and I really hope Zen post the guides soon as I can't wait to finish my collection.
    You have helped me achieve scores I never could have without them - 500m on Paranormal, without being a glitchy grinder too ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mataeus View Post
    Snip
    lol BioLab is added to the original post, im sure it is.

Ah dude thats awesome, im so glad that they help you out and thanks for noticing that they are getting better as im always trying to improve my Guides. I would love to see my Guides added to PFX3 perhaps something like it shows the player a bit of what he/she needs to do, and if they are truely stuck then he/she can click 'Spoiler' to show the rest of the info.

My PvZ Guide is coming along nicely, and should be done soon.
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 09-09-2012 at 03:21 PM.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Exclamation Plants vs. Zombies Guide COMPLETED & COMING SOON!

Yep thats right ive completed my PvZ Guide, it clocks in at about 5,200 or so Words.

Look out for it soon!
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Default Hmmm...Need clarification on definition of "soon"

Hey, man! Really love your guides! They really add to the enjoyment of the tables. Pinball is a completely different experience when you know the goals and what to shoot for.

Having said that, I am a bit disappointed with the rate at which these guides are being released. It seems you complete a guide, announce it here, promise it will be released "soon", and weeks or in some cases months go by with nothing released. Some of these guides you say will be released soon were completed back in July and STILL aren't released. The latest is P vs Z now complete but history suggests we won't see it until Christmas or later. Can you shed some light on this?

I know you have said that Zen is "busy" but come on, it seems they view these guides as very low on their priority chain. Does this not upset you given the work you put into them? Once again, not complaining about you or your guides. They are GREAT! I guess I am looking for an answer from Zen.

Default how do I get more tables

I see that zen pinball has more tables that are not on my fx2 game. Are there plans to release them to 360? I really love your pinball games and had a few ideas ...how about an evolving table that the ramps move when you achieve goals to build to a jackpot or some prize, maybe a board that evolves as you play like your battling against this infection on the table that grows and you have to achieve things to stave it off...maybe a changing table that becomes something as well. I am craving a call of duty 'zombies' table...that would be sick... ive just got these visions and don't quite know how to express it ..but its pretty cool..wish I had the programmers gift that software developers have but alas.

oh and by the way ..I dont really know how to navigate a post to find the correct place for this comment ..sorry

Is there an Earth Defense guide anywhere?

Is there an Earth Defense guide anywhere?
    Working on it m8
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Quote Originally Posted by priested View Post
    Hey, man! Really love your guides! They really add to the enjoyment of the tables. Pinball is a completely different experience when you know the goals and what to shoot for.

Having said that, I am a bit disappointed with the rate at which these guides are being released. It seems you complete a guide, announce it here, promise it will be released "soon", and weeks or in some cases months go by with nothing released. Some of these guides you say will be released soon were completed back in July and STILL aren't released. The latest is P vs Z now complete but history suggests we won't see it until Christmas or later. Can you shed some light on this?

I know you have said that Zen is "busy" but come on, it seems they view these guides as very low on their priority chain. Does this not upset you given the work you put into them? Once again, not complaining about you or your guides. They are GREAT! I guess I am looking for an answer from Zen.
    Hey, welcome to the forum! We're constantly producing content for the blog and the guides are an important part of that content. It's been an insanely busy month for us, but we'll get them posted! You can expect the PvZ guide to post soon!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Hey, welcome to the forum! We're constantly producing content for the blog and the guides are an important part of that content. It's been an insanely busy month for us, but we'll get them posted! You can expect the PvZ guide to post soon!
    Thanks. What about the other guides that have been complete and in the queue so long? Any timetable? Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by priested View Post
    Thanks. What about the other guides that have been complete and in the queue so long? Any timetable? Thanks again!
    They're coming! Sorry about the wait!

OOOH I can't wait to get the guide for BioLab. I need that bad boy! Hahaha I still haven't finished that table. Oh and now that I've completed some of the wizard modes for specific tables in ZP2, I'm going back to PBFX2 to finish the wizard modes on the tables that I didn't finish. Unfortunately that pits me against Ultimo. Still I will feel like I've joined the "Pinball League of Justice" once I've accomplished that goal. LOL
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

OOOH I can't wait to get the guide for BioLab. I need that bad boy! Hahaha I still haven't finished that table. Oh and now that I've completed some of the wizard modes for specific tables in ZP2, I'm going back to PBFX2 to finish the wizard modes on the tables that I didn't finish. Unfortunately that pits me against Ultimo. Still I will feel like I've joined the "Pinball League of Justice" once I've accomplished that goal. LOL
    Check out Blue's guide to biolab via the link on the front page. It covers absolutely everything - one of the best guides I've read.
    Last edited by Alipan; 09-19-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Default Thank You

Just wanted to say thank you for all the time and energy you've put into making these guides. Great work!

Hey thanks for all these guides! I've rediscovered Zen Pinball with the release of ZP2 and the guides are very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    Just wanted to say thank you for all the time and energy you've put into making these guides. Great work!
    Thanks alot m8, it really does mean alot to recieve such awesome feedback from the Community.

Quote Originally Posted by Ontzettendejan View Post
    Hey thanks for all these guides! I've rediscovered Zen Pinball with the release of ZP2 and the guides are very helpful
    No probs m8 happy to help you out, Il be doing Tables Guides on the ZP2 Tables shortly as I have to get used to them since Ive just got them the other day.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

The PvZ guide is posted on our blog! Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    The PvZ guide is posted on our blog! Check it out!
    Thanks BarbieBobomb, but I was hoping to get all the other guides that have been completed but not posted yet.

OH.......sorry........I just realized that the guides for Pasha, Rome, SotD, Biolab, Earth Defense and Excalibur must not be very good, so that's why they haven't been posted yet...

And to think that we keep bringing attention to the missing guides........

ShoryukenToTheChin must be so embarassed......

Sorry dude...

;-)

Snip
    lol they will go up eventually m8. Bahaha just you want till you see some of them Guides
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

They are no longer "coming soon". They are "in progress". I guess that is my answer to what "soon" means.

Exclamation PFX2 Core Table Guides LIVE!

PFX2 Core Table Guides are now live! - Secrets of The Deep, BioLab, Rome & Pasha follow the link to access them -

http://blog.zenstudios.com/?page_id=637
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Exclamation ZP2 : Tesla Table Guide - Available Now!

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

I was wondering who was this mysterious stranger called "m8", but now I finally got it, I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    I was wondering who was this mysterious stranger called "m8", but now I finally got it, I think...
    m8 = mate

It's just slang that some English speakers say to address someone.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    m8 = mate

It's just slang that some English speakers say to address someone.
    Yep, you hit the nail on the head m8
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Oh I can't wait til you make the Civil War table guide. Wait a minute....what am I saying?! I can't wait til we all play it first. Haha
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Oh I can't wait til you make the Civil War table guide. Wait a minute....what am I saying?! I can't wait til we all play it first. Haha
    lmao yep I personally can't wait, only seen the Trailer and a few screens so the Table will be as fresh as can be.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

You know I've only looked at your guides for the PS3 side. I just saw the recent blog and now that the guides for the Zen pinball pack is now up. It's nice to see that a guide for these table is up now after so long.

With the influx of information and the petitions to bring PBFX2 tables to PSN as well, I just looked at table guides of ROME, Pasha etc. These tables look so interesting. I can't help but want the XBOX core pack more and more.

Default ZP Classics Pack Table Guides - AVAILABLE NOW!

ZP Classics Pack Table Guides; El Dorado, Shaman, Tesla & V12 - AVAILABLE NOW!

Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    You know I've only looked at your guides for the PS3 side. I just saw the recent blog and now that the guides for the Zen pinball pack is now up. It's nice to see that a guide for these table is up now after so long.

With the influx of information and the petitions to bring PBFX2 tables to PSN as well, I just looked at table guides of ROME, Pasha etc. These tables look so interesting. I can't help but want the XBOX core pack more and more.
    Yeh there are some gems there, hopefully 1 day you will be able to experience them.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Default Marvel Pinball : Civil War Table Guide - AVAILABLE NOW!

Civil War Guide has now been added to the Table Guides Page on the Zen Studios Blog -

Click Here To View
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Default Earth Defence & Excalibur Table Guides - AVAILABLE NOW!

Earth Defence & Excalibur Table Guides are available to view etc. -

Click Here
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Click Here
    Very nice! Thanks man!

I'm very happy about the Earth Defense. It's time that I get back on that table and get those 10 medals now. I got to 9 medals back in Sept and didn't try again. It was that stupid Salvation medal I didn't get. Of course though when it isn't my remaining medal to get, I always get it.

Good job, Steve!
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Click Here
    awesome. I'll have to check them out later. Those are two tables i have a tough time on. Especially Excalibur.

When i first got earth defense, i didn't even realize that there was a hidden upper left midget flipper due to the camera angles.

Thumbs up

Great news, there is a couple issues I have on Excalibur like that 'E' shot. Thanks Chin.

Thanks for the kind words everyone; especially to those who contribute directly or indirectly, without the Community these Guides wouldn't be possible.

Shout out to shogun00
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Quote Originally Posted by s-carnegie View Post
    Great news, there is a couple issues I have on Excalibur like that 'E' shot.
    I think everyone has a problem with that shot. It seems to be very random and that luck is required.

Default Thanks a million

Thank you so much for the pinball guides. Without them I would be lost at 61 years of age. Just managed to get 29M on El Dorado.
    Cheers,
    GT=Silvolde

Quote Originally Posted by JandG View Post
    Thank you so much for the pinball guides. Without them I would be lost at 61 years of age. Just managed to get 29M on El Dorado.
    Cheers,
    GT=Silvolde
    Hey thanks man, just keep practicing eventually you'll beat that High Score.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Hey thanks man, just keep practicing eventually you'll beat that High Score.
    went back and played some excalibur table last night. There were a few things about that table that i just didn't understand, now i have a much better grasp.

Still hasn't exactly translated to a good score though lol. Someone on my friends list obviously hit the wizard mode on it with a score of over 200 million. I highly doubt I'll ever get to it. That stupid merlin ramp gets me every time.

This is one of the 5 tables out of all of them that that I don't have the high score on within my friends list. 2 of those tables are tables i just flat out don't care about even playing, blade and iron man
    another one is paranormal (just too lazy to grind it)... and someone was lucky and got over a billion on sorcerers lair. Really haven't touched that table in ages. Only have over 300 million on it (i love that table though, should really make a go for it one day).

Still hasn't exactly translated to a good score though lol. Someone on my friends list obviously hit the wizard mode on it with a score of over 200 million. I highly doubt I'll ever get to it. That stupid merlin ramp gets me every time.
    There's really no need to complete the wizard goal (not really a wizard mode, since you are just getting a 100 million for completing the five missions) to get a high score. I got over 200 million points and all I did was grind a couple missions. For example, grinding the "Marching To Battle" mission multiple times will net you 15 million points and light the extra ball.
    Last edited by shogun00; 01-24-2013 at 01:54 AM.

There's really no need to complete the wizard goal (not really a wizard mode, since you are just getting a 100 million for completing the five missions) to get a high score. I got over 200 million points and all I did was grind a couple missions. For example, grinding the "Marching To Battle" mission multiple times will net you 15 millions points and light the extra ball.
    Exactly. I think I have over 200m as well, and I didn't come close to the wizard mode.

There's really no need to complete the wizard goal (not really a wizard mode, since you are just getting a 100 million for completing the five missions) to get a high score. I got over 200 million points and all I did was grind a couple missions. For example, grinding the "Marching To Battle" mission multiple times will net you 15 million points and light the extra ball.
    hmm, maybe i'll give that a shot. I'm not finding the round table missions all that difficult. I just generally get some bad bounces and instant drains. With that said, I have no real trouble doing that marching to battle mission and hitting that ramp over and over again. It's the one ramp I can reliably hit on that table.

I'm not finding the round table missions all that difficult. I just generally get some bad bounces and instant drains.
    I don't have any problems with the Knight of the Round missions. I can complete each one pretty easily. It's starting them up (spelling out TALE, especially hitting that 'E' target) that is the problem.

The dungeon mission is a good mission to grind as well. The completion bonus increases every time you beat it.

I was wondering if you were working on a Ninja Gaiden guide. That is, at least for me, the hardest table.
    If you are and you don't play on Vita you may not realize this and may want to include it. On non-manual launches at least 80% of the time the ball angles off the left and comes rolling toward what looks like right between the flippers. If you attempt to hit it you're almost assured a drain. However if you let the ball fall it just catches the edge of a flipper and pops back up, allowing for a clean shot. I lost countless balls before realizing this. I doubt this was designed to happen because on PS3 these launches react differently and this doesn't occur (if it does it's seldom enough that I haven't noticed it.) It's verry annoying as my insticts still sometimes override my memory and I try to hit the ball. On multiball it's even worse as you must keep track of when a new ball is launched and which ball not to try and hit as more than one are coming toward you.
    Thanks for the guides. I'm looking forward to seeing what I've missed on this table. I recently read your Civil War Guide and until then, and after months of playing the table, I'd never notice there was a third right flipper all the way at the top. I'd kept reading about the one ultimate shot that has you at one point using the upper right flipper to send the ball around the upper loop and was flabbergasted at how people were pulling this off since I was using the middle right flipper thinking that was the highest one there was. Yeah, I felt pretty dumb. If you tell me there's a fourth flipper on Ninja Gaiden I'm quitting pinball.
    Thanks again man

Thank for the heads up, my Ninja Gaiden Guide is based of the ZP2 (PS3 ver.).
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Thank for the heads up, my Ninja Gaiden Guide is based of the ZP2 (PS3 ver.).
    Where might I find that? It's on the list of guides but without a link attached. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    Where might I find that? It's on the list of guides but without a link attached. Thanks
    We are still waiting for Zen to publish it.

Default q. re. shaman guide

Hello, quick question about the Shaman guide - every time you say to hit the middle ramp [5] you say to use the "top left flipper from a left orbit shot". Surely that should be "top RIGHT flipper from a left orbit shot" ? Or have I missed something?
    Anyway, thanks for the guides!

Sorry about the typo on the shaman guide m8
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

No worries - without your guide I'd have no idea how to play this table! The official instructions are a bit ... sparse.