Thread: Pinball FX Import Detection Failed

Question Pinball FX Import Detection Failed

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum because it's about FX 2...

Very strange occurrence tonight. I finally bought Pinball Fx 2 after having played the original since its release. After launching it for the first time, it imported some of my original tables--but only the 3 paid DLC tables I had. None of the original collection came in (Speed, Agent, etc). After selecting the classic pack in the main screen and choosing download, I receive a message stating "Pinball FX Import Detection Failed".

I can go back to the original game and play so the license is definitely valid. I've also tried deleting Pinball Fx 2 and re-downloading but that didn't work either. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Default Import problem

Quote Originally Posted by JThomasLambert View Post
    Apologies if this is in the wrong forum because it's about FX 2...

Very strange occurrence tonight. I finally bought Pinball Fx 2 after having played the original since its release. After launching it for the first time, it imported some of my original tables--but only the 3 paid DLC tables I had. None of the original collection came in (Speed, Agent, etc). After selecting the classic pack in the main screen and choosing download, I receive a message stating "Pinball FX Import Detection Failed".

I can go back to the original game and play so the license is definitely valid. I've also tried deleting Pinball Fx 2 and re-downloading but that didn't work either. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I have the same problem, We need a help, please!! thanks.

Smile Problem resolved

JThomasLambert I reach on solution. Simply on the pinball fx 2 download the pinball fx core TRIAL on finish download the game will recognized as full 4 tables!
    Here is work, I hope this help you too.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by cobr4a View Post
    JThomasLambert I reach on solution. Simply on the pinball fx 2 download the pinball fx core TRIAL on finish download the game will recognized as full 4 tables!
    Here is work, I hope this help you too.

Alex
    This didn't work for me. I'm having the same problem.

It doesn't look like the developer frequents their tech help forum very often.

KickBeaten Down

The most likely cause is that the original game needs to be updated first.

I'm having the same issue. Pinball FX1 is fully updated but FX2 refuses to recognize my prior purchase and unlock the original 4 tables. I have only ever owned ONE Xbox so it's not a license issue with another machine. I also only have the one XBox Live account. I've downloaded the original demo tables and still get the import detection error.

Quote Originally Posted by bagofwisdom View Post
    I'm having the same issue. Pinball FX1 is fully updated but FX2 refuses to recognize my prior purchase and unlock the original 4 tables. I have only ever owned ONE Xbox so it's not a license issue with another machine. I also only have the one XBox Live account. I've downloaded the original demo tables and still get the import detection error.
    Sorry to hear that, let me see if I can figure out what the problem is

Quote Originally Posted by bagofwisdom View Post
    I have the same problem.

It seems this problem has come back out of nowhere. I've already made a thread about this, but with no replies and being unsure it was posted in the correct place, I'm just going to copy and paste here, hopefully someone will fix this asap so I haven't wasted my 800MSP.

"Hello there. I'm not sure if I am posting in the right area, but I'm going to be as detailed as possible here to try and inform you of an issue I have encountered.

Yesterday I felt like purchasing a new XBLA game, my friend recommended I try Pinball FX2 as it is fun to play and we could play online together, I said I will give it a go. I paid 800MSP for the game, which I was later informed should have been free, but I most definitely pressed Pinball FX2 in the marketplace!

I went to my games on the Xbox to find Pinball FX there, instead of Pinball FX2. I knew Pinball FX had been de-listed in the past so I was confused by this, but had heard you can import the tables into Pinball FX2 if you had purchased the previous version, so I followed the download Pinball FX2 button from the main menu of Pinball FX, and downloaded Pinball FX2 this time.

Upon going in to the menu of Pinball FX2 and attempting to load up one of the original tables, I was told that import detection of the original tables, had failed. This really bugs me as it feels like 800 of my microsoft points has been swallowed up on nothing. Sure, I have the original product, but everyone else gets that product on the new version also, for free. It's not exactly my fault that the marketplace gave me the wrong download, so therefore I should still be able to play the tables in Pinball FX2, right?

Sorry if I've gone on a little too much here, it's just a bit of a nuisance to spend money on something then not get exactly what I was expecting. Can you please help me resolve the issue of importing the tables into Pinball FX2?

Thanks."

I did see your original post, there is no need to post anything twice. I will forward this issue to the team and see what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexpha View Post
    It seems this problem has come back out of nowhere. I've already made a thread about this, but with no replies and being unsure it was posted in the correct place, I'm just going to copy and paste here, hopefully someone will fix this asap so I haven't wasted my 800MSP.

"Hello there. I'm not sure if I am posting in the right area, but I'm going to be as detailed as possible here to try and inform you of an issue I have encountered.

Yesterday I felt like purchasing a new XBLA game, my friend recommended I try Pinball FX2 as it is fun to play and we could play online together, I said I will give it a go. I paid 800MSP for the game, which I was later informed should have been free, but I most definitely pressed Pinball FX2 in the marketplace!

I went to my games on the Xbox to find Pinball FX there, instead of Pinball FX2. I knew Pinball FX had been de-listed in the past so I was confused by this, but had heard you can import the tables into Pinball FX2 if you had purchased the previous version, so I followed the download Pinball FX2 button from the main menu of Pinball FX, and downloaded Pinball FX2 this time.

Upon going in to the menu of Pinball FX2 and attempting to load up one of the original tables, I was told that import detection of the original tables, had failed. This really bugs me as it feels like 800 of my microsoft points has been swallowed up on nothing. Sure, I have the original product, but everyone else gets that product on the new version also, for free. It's not exactly my fault that the marketplace gave me the wrong download, so therefore I should still be able to play the tables in Pinball FX2, right?

Sorry if I've gone on a little too much here, it's just a bit of a nuisance to spend money on something then not get exactly what I was expecting. Can you please help me resolve the issue of importing the tables into Pinball FX2?

Thanks."
    Ok, so it looks like this is a Microsoft issue, and they are currently looking into the issue. Thanks for letting us know!

Default Same Here

Hello

I just bought the PFX2 with PFX2 Core Package table (I already have PFX1 with Rocky&Bullwinkle and Nightmare Mansion) and I can't import the PFX1 tables on PFX2!

I deleted them all and I download them again. But still nothing!

Also I delete Buccaneer table from hard disk and now I cant play (I cant downloaded again) this table on PFX1

Please help me!

Regards

Default import problem still not resolved

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Ok, so it looks like this is a Microsoft issue, and they are currently looking into the issue. Thanks for letting us know!
    Hi, Zen Studio staff.
    It's been two weeks now since you posted the reply that Microsoft is looking into it. Whats happening? The problem is still there.

BTW, This problem would not exist if the purchases I made in Pinball FX carried on to Pinball FX 2. Right now if I go to the market I have to buy the tables I have already bought before. That don't even sound legal.

On a more positive note. I like what you've done with the upgrade (Pinball FX 2) I like the new GUI, layout, functions and the new tables. I'm having fun with it, so good job there.

Hope to see this resolved soon.

/Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Zhin View Post
    Hi, Zen Studio staff.
    It's been two weeks now since you posted the reply that Microsoft is looking into it. Whats happening? The problem is still there.

BTW, This problem would not exist if the purchases I made in Pinball FX carried on to Pinball FX 2. Right now if I go to the market I have to buy the tables I have already bought before. That don't even sound legal.

On a more positive note. I like what you've done with the upgrade (Pinball FX 2) I like the new GUI, layout, functions and the new tables. I'm having fun with it, so good job there.

Hope to see this resolved soon.

/Cheers
    Thanks, I haven't heard anything about a fix, but try going to Xbox Support and see if they can help, it's definitely something on their end.

Quote Originally Posted by TerAs View Post
    Hello

I just bought the PFX2 with PFX2 Core Package table (I already have PFX1 with Rocky&Bullwinkle and Nightmare Mansion) and I can't import the PFX1 tables on PFX2!

I deleted them all and I download them again. But still nothing!

Also I delete Buccaneer table from hard disk and now I cant play (I cant downloaded again) this table on PFX1

Please help me!

Regards
    Hi

I have the same problem. Could somebody help me resolve this plz?

Likewise, I am unable to import my pinball FX tables into pinball FX even though I had paid for the buccaneer table and nightmare mansion. This problem may be on Microsoft's end, but it is the developer/publisher who needs to work with them to get it resolved, not the individual consumers. Please pursue this further, as only those at Zen have the knowledge required to get this fixed with MS. Also, please provide an update to your paying customers. Your product is great, but I'm sad to see this is still an issue after so long.

So frustrating to hear that this is still happening. There's nothing we can do about it, the problem is on Microsoft's end, so you'll need to get a hold of Xbox Support. We've notified them of these issues several times and seems nothing has been fixed.

Has there been any movement on this at all with Microsoft from your end? I've been going back and forth with their support team via email and it's like we're speaking two different languages. First email resulted in them telling me to post in a random Pinball FX thread in their Section 8: Prejudice subforum, and then things somehow went downhill.

Those tables are the only ones I don't have access to in FX2 now and it's driving me crazy. Must... have... them... all...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthpaste View Post
    Has there been any movement on this at all with Microsoft from your end? I've been going back and forth with their support team via email and it's like we're speaking two different languages. First email resulted in them telling me to post in a random Pinball FX thread in their Section 8: Prejudice subforum, and then things somehow went downhill.
    Try calling them! Several large companies use bots to answer email queries, since the number of emails a CS department gets is far greater than the number of phone calls they get.

Those tables are the only ones I don't have access to in FX2 now and it's driving me crazy. Must... have... them... all...

Thanks!
    I haven't heard anything from Microsoft about this issue, but I would go to their support page and request that they call you, it says the wait time is less than a minute right now: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us#2:0

If not, I have a friend who is an Xbox Live Ambassador, and he said he'd be happy to help if you still need it later on this afternoon
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 07-24-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Default Xbox Live Support

I've encountered this same issue, contacted Xbox Live Support, and now the issue has been escalated twice for me. That was about two weeks ago. Based on my experience with technical support (both as a customer and as an employee of various companies), I am not optimistic for a solution in the near future.

My next step will probably be to call support and try to pester them for an 800 point credit so I can simply buy the tables instead of importing them.

Default Hopefully I can help

Hey guys, Barbie asked me to stop in and see if I can help here.

First I will say I am an Xbox Ambassador, but please don't take that as me working for Xbox or Microsoft. I don't do either of them. I'm just a gamer like you guys who volunteers my time to help out other gamers as best I can. I'm not sure if I can fix this issue - but I'll do my best to either fix it or help find someone who can.

Ok, so disclaimer aside. Lets see what we can do here.

First I want to summarize what I've read so far to make sure I've got everything.

The issue seems to be for people who have played Pinball FX and have then upgrade to Pinball FX2, it appears to be all of the tables for some people, and just a few tables for others?

I would like to start a possible solution by basically "Nuking" everything. Can someone who is experiencing this please try the steps below and let me know what the outcome is.

1 - Go into your hard drive and delete both Pinball FX and Pinball FX2 entirely. Delete all tables, and the game.

To do this from the dashboard scroll to the right System Settings >>>Storage>>>HD>>> then find FX and FX2 and delete.

2 - Clear your Xbox System Cache

To do this scroll again to the right System Settings >>> Storage>>> HD now, don't click the HD simply highlight it and you be able to select "Y" for device options. Click Y. In the new menu you can Clear System Cache. This will not affect any of your other game saves, or game progress. It's akin to clearing the cookies off your computer.

3 - Go into your download history and re-download just Pinball FX. Not FX2. I would like this to be as clean and fresh of an install as we can possibly get it.

To access your download history hit your Xbox guide button, scroll to the far right and select Account Management you will then see and option for Download History. You will need to scroll through all your purchases and downloads. Find just Pinball FX and re-download it.

I realize the next couple steps are going to be a little time consuming, but I really want to make sure the install is clean.

Once you have download the original FX. Go ahead and start it up. There should be an update. Once that update is done you'll be on the main FX page. Go ahead and exit out to the dashboard and repeat step 3 above for the original FX tables that you purchased. Restart FX etc.

Once all that is complete, repeat step 3 above and download Pinball FX2. Once that's done go ahead and start that up, there should be an update here as well.

If I am right on what I think the issue is the above steps should correct the issues people are having. If someone could try this and let me know. Hopefully, knock on wood, this works and you guys can go back to enjoying the tables. Let me know and we'll go from there. Or if you have any questions I can help with as well. I'll do my best.

Tried all of that before posting here and contacting Microsoft, unfortunately.

I spoke with a Microsoft rep this morning, and while they insisted it wasn't an issue they could fix from their end, they did offer to refund the points I'd spent. Which they did... just not in the way I wanted. I didn't realized she'd done it until I'd gotten off the phone, but she reversed ALL my FX2 purchases over the last year and refunded all the points. Don't think she understood the actual issue, and I'm still going to have to rebuy everything, including the FX tables.

Been at it for a few weeks now and while it's not a great situation, I love the game enough to just buy the old tables again. The original purchase was from 2007, so it's not the end of the world.

Didn't work out totally, but I do appreciate the assistance here. Thanks!

Tried all of that before posting here and contacting Microsoft, unfortunately.

I spoke with a Microsoft rep this morning, and while they insisted it wasn't an issue they could fix from their end, they did offer to refund the points I'd spent. Which they did... just not in the way I wanted. I didn't realized she'd done it until I'd gotten off the phone, but she reversed ALL my FX2 purchases over the last year and refunded all the points. Don't think she understood the actual issue, and I'm still going to have to rebuy everything, including the FX tables.

Been at it for a few weeks now and while it's not a great situation, I love the game enough to just buy the old tables again. The original purchase was from 2007, so it's not the end of the world.

Didn't work out totally, but I do appreciate the assistance here. Thanks!
    When you did those steps did you do it piece by piece as I suggested, and load up FX, get the update, go back and download the tables, load up FX, then finally download FX2?

If so, can you tell me exactly which tables you had for FX?

Quote Originally Posted by WildMN34 View Post
    When you did those steps did you do it piece by piece as I suggested, and load up FX, get the update, go back and download the tables, load up FX, then finally download FX2?

If so, can you tell me exactly which tables you had for FX?
    I've done those exact steps multiple times over the past few weeks. I even redownloaded my profile yesterday, as a last resort. Just tried to do the whole thing again, step by step, out of curiosity, and I'm still getting the Import Detection Failed error. Something, somewhere, just isn't recognizing that I own FX at all, even though I can still play it fine. Even got a couple of new achievements in FX a few days ago.

I own the original three tables, and the free Buccaneer table. Didn't buy the other tables until FX2 launched. I've tried deleting FX entirely and downloading the trial bundle for those tables in FX2, having both FX and the trial bundle installed, and every other similar combination of things that I could think of. No luck.

https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...tection-Failed

From reading that, it seems like this exact issue popped up late last year and Microsoft resolved it fairly quickly. It's been happening this time since as far back as April, though. I've tried everything an end-user could possibly try and it does appear to be something on Microsoft's end.

Cuthpaste,

When you go into Settings, Storage, HD, then FX and FX2 in each of those "folders" can you scroll through them for me.

I'm curious if there is a corrupt file in there somewhere. It will be marked with a yellow or red exclamation mark. (that's just a complete shot in the dark - but I'm curious)

Also, one more questions.

Are you using a Hard drive, or a flash drive for the FX related files?

I'm bound and determined to find a fix for this.

All the files are fine. Using a hard drive for both titles.

I've gone through those steps as well at least twice. Redownloaded the profile. No change.

I'm honestly baffled as to what the problem could be, since I would imagine that the only ways that an import could occur would be to check the licenses attached to that Xbox Live account through 1) Xbox Live or 2) through the local file license (though I have no idea how exactly Microsoft stores that information). Either way, it should be a relatively easy fix, which is what makes this frustrating. Well, I'll try calling support tomorrow and see what happens.

Sorry that you guys are still having issues with this, let me know if you're able to find a solution once you call Microsoft. Thanks WildMN34 for your help!

Can someone try this idea next for me please?

Completely delete everything FX related from your HD. Clear the system cache. Then download FX2 (no tables just the base). Load that up. Back out to the dashboard, then go into your download history and re-download the original FX tables that you want to migrate to FX2, and then re-start the FX2 base and see if that works.

I am just trying to see if we can find some method of a combination of things that we can get things to move over and then build from there. I'm committed to trying and find a solution for you guys.
    Last edited by WildMN34; 07-26-2012 at 02:12 AM.

Tried that and every other potential combination I could come up with.

Contacted Xbox Support again, nothing so far. Have an escalation ticket, so we'll see what happens.

Tried that and every other potential combination I could come up with.
    Just to humor me.

You can play the original Pinball FX just fine, and you can play FX2 fine as well, just not with the tables you want to imprt from FX.

Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by WildMN34 View Post
    Just to humor me.

You can play the original Pinball FX just fine, and you can play FX2 fine as well, just not with the tables you want to imprt from FX.

Is that correct?
    Yep, that's correct.

Default same boat

Im having the same problem as everyone else here. I bought fx 1 and cant import to fx 2. I tried all the steps above to see if they would help, but nothing worked. I just wanted to put my cents in. If I can help let me know. To any other posters, any luck getting your ms points back from microsoft?

I think I have a friend who has played FX but not FX 2. I'm going to his house on Thursday. I'll try a couple things over there and see.

Thanks for your patience.

Angry Same thing

I started out with Pinball FX 2 with several maps. Love the game and wanted to expand my table collection.

Went to the Xbox Live Marketplace and purchased Pinball FX (1). Installed and played with no issues.

However, I am also receiving the Pinball FX Import Detection Failed message as well. Needless to say, I am kinda bummed out since the whole point of the purchase was to play them in Pinball FX 2.

Hopefully there is some resolution to this as I am pretty excited to continue on the new tables.

Default No resolution

I tried contacting Xbox Live support again, both calling in and e-mailing the escalation rep. They still don't have a fix, won't credit my account the points, and won't give me the license for the classic pack for Pinball FX2. Apparently, they kicked the issue back to Zen.

I give up. If the issue gets fixed, great, but I'm not holding my breath.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by chiralfox View Post
    I tried contacting Xbox Live support again, both calling in and e-mailing the escalation rep. They still don't have a fix, won't credit my account the points, and won't give me the license for the classic pack for Pinball FX2. Apparently, they kicked the issue back to Zen.

I just bought Pinball Fx, it was 800 points in the group for Pinball Fx2. Hey it makes sense to buy it since it is supposed to import to Pinball Fx 2. But yes it fails to import, I think I know why. I tried following all advice found on the internet, nothing has worked. I believe it is because P Fx does not have any available DLC, and the classic pack for P Fx2 includes the game Buccaneer. I think when the import cant see the Buccaneer game it causes failure. Microsoft should have removed the game P Fx and not just the DLC for the game. I almost feel like it is a deliberate trap for consumers. I am sure they could resolve it but they want to sell the classic pack as well as the P Fx game to all who are willing.

Question Microsoft support

Well after a long discussion with Microsoft support, They seem to agree that the Buccaneer game missing from PFX could be the problem with import detection. However they say that the fix can only be made by Zen. So I guess the million dollar question would be, who decides what games and DLC are on or removed from the marketplace. It really seems that both companies would profit from replacing all the available DLC.

They should be able to refund your points, everyone that I've dealt with has said that Microsoft has credited their points back to their account. Did they say why they wouldn't refund it?

Exclamation

They should be able to refund your points, everyone that I've dealt with has said that Microsoft has credited their points back to their account. Did they say why they wouldn't refund it?
    I really wish a Zen representative would acknowledge this, I have now bought all of the DLC for Pinball FX2, except for the classic pack. I feel this import detection needs to be addressed. I would buy all Pinball Fx DLC too if it was made available.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Starr View Post
    I really wish a Zen representative would acknowledge this, I have now bought all of the DLC for Pinball FX2, except for the classic pack. I feel this import detection needs to be addressed. I would buy all Pinball Fx DLC too if it was made available.
    We are aware of the issue and we've been working with Microsoft to fix it.

Angry

I cant point blame, but obviously the two teams are not playing fair. Pinball Fx2 has been out for 22 months and yet it doesnt work as advertised, at least drop the advertisement that is so decieving. Somebody shoud feel shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Final Answer 56 View Post
    I cant point blame, but obviously the two teams are not playing fair. Pinball Fx2 has been out for 22 months and yet it doesnt work as advertised, at least drop the advertisement that is so decieving. Somebody shoud feel shame.
    Are you also having issues importing tables into PFX2?

Lightbulb

I tried yet another idea, with same failure result. I did account recovery on a different xbox and then used download history. I am out of ideas, does anyone at Zen have an idea. I have 28 games now and want the last 4. The four that should import from Pinball fx, I dont think I should have to pay again.

The escalation rep said that he couldn't do anything while there was an ongoing investigation. I've replied back with a bit more force (politely, of course). We'll see what happens. At least if Microsoft doesn't do anything, I have Zen Pinball 2 in a few weeks

As an aside to others, if you haven't contacted Microsoft, please do so. Technical issues that get escalated typically get resolved more quickly when there are more cases. Isolated issues tend to sit on the back burners, and while not unique, this doesn't sound like a common issue.

I tried yet another idea, with same failure result. I did account recovery on a different xbox and then used download history. I am out of ideas, does anyone at Zen have an idea. I have 28 games now and want the last 4. The four that should import from Pinball fx, I dont think I should have to pay again.

I agree! Don't repurchase them. A couple of people that have called me directly, said they spoke with Microsoft on the phone and that they were able to refund their points (which they could use to purchase the tables that won't import, or use for anything else they like). Keep calling them, and I'll keep bugging them as well so we can get it fixed! The issue is on their side, so unfortunately we can't fix it from our end, but we can make sure they know we are all still in need of a resolution.

Question

Are you also having issues importing tables into PFX2?
    I havent purchased Pinball Fx2 based on what I have read and experienced with Pinball Fx. I am a member of True Achievements and there are statements there that indicate the DLC was pulled from PFx because they fail on both versions of the game, I dont know who to believe. I dont wish to buy and own games that cannot be completed. Thats what my complaint is, I want the DLC for the first game before I buy into another. True Achievements has a story about a future PFx3 and importing from PFx2, sounds like a gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by Final Answer 56 View Post
    I havent purchased Pinball Fx2 based on what I have read and experienced with Pinball Fx. I am a member of True Achievements and there are statements there that indicate the DLC was pulled from PFx because they fail on both versions of the game, I dont know who to believe. I dont wish to buy and own games that cannot be completed. Thats what my complaint is, I want the DLC for the first game before I buy into another. True Achievements has a story about a future PFx3 and importing from PFx2, sounds like a gamble.
    This is a small number of people who are having issues. You won't know until you try. We are working with Microsoft on this issue, and I will let everyone know as soon as we figure it out.

Exclamation

Well after a long discussion with Microsoft support, They seem to agree that the Buccaneer game missing from PFX could be the problem with import detection. However they say that the fix can only be made by Zen. So I guess the million dollar question would be, who decides what games and DLC are on or removed from the marketplace. It really seems that both companies would profit from replacing all the available DLC.
    Pinball Fx2 Classic Pack = 108.09 MB
    Pinball Fx = 49.61 MB
    58.48 MB Thats a lot of difference, I still say thats why import detection fails.

I too have tried to recently import my original tables but no luck. I've been reading through several posts where people are having this issue and I've been talking to Xbox support. One thing I've noticed that people haven't even asked is when they purchased the game and/or tables and if they're trying it on the console they originally purchased it on or have the console licenses on that console. I bought the original game about the time it came out. One problem that the guy helping me is having, is that he can only go back a year to verify if I've even purchased the game. I'm wondering if that could be a problem.
    Last edited by cwhagen290; 08-20-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by cwhagen290 View Post
    I too have tried to recently import my original tables but no luck. I've been reading through several posts where people are having this issue and I've been talking to Xbox support. One thing I've noticed that people haven't even asked is when they purchased the game and/or tables and if they're trying it on the console they originally purchased it on or have the console licenses on that console. I bought the original game about the time it came out. One problem that the guy helping me is having, is that he can only go back a year to verify if I've even purchased the game. I'm wondering if that could be a problem.
    Hes bluffing, your download history is never deleted, he can see if your gamertag owns it or not.

Hes bluffing, your download history is never deleted, he can see if your gamertag owns it or not.
    I doubt he was bluffing, he sat on the phone with me for 40 minutes and even called me back for another 20 minutes trying to fix it. He didn't say it was deleted, he (as in personally) only had access to the one year of purchase history.

Thumbs up

This is a small number of people who are having issues. You won't know until you try. We are working with Microsoft on this issue, and I will let everyone know as soon as we figure it out.
    I really had a bad day today, but when I finally settled down to my Xbox and Loaded Pinball Fx2, instead of the normal startup. Eureka, I had a message that I could import from Pinball Fx, It worked like a charm, so happy, thanks all who helped.

Cool

Thanks for informing us, Pinball Fx2 aquired this morning. And the import worked, great stuff.

I really had a bad day today, but when I finally settled down to my Xbox and Loaded Pinball Fx2, instead of the normal startup. Eureka, I had a message that I could import from Pinball Fx, It worked like a charm, so happy, thanks all who helped.
    Great news! Thanks for letting me know!

Default Success!

Ironically, earlier today I got another "reply" from the Microsoft escalation rep indicating that there is no ETA for when the import detection problem will be resolved.

However, I came here and saw that it was working for other people, so I gave it a try. Although the detection error still popped up, it then allowed me to download the classic pack again, and it actually worked. Played two quick games with no problems, and got a couple of achievements.

So I'm glad other people posted here about the import working, because otherwise I probably wouldn't have checked again for a while!

Ironically, earlier today I got another "reply" from the Microsoft escalation rep indicating that there is no ETA for when the import detection problem will be resolved.

However, I came here and saw that it was working for other people, so I gave it a try. Although the detection error still popped up, it then allowed me to download the classic pack again, and it actually worked. Played two quick games with no problems, and got a couple of achievements.

So I'm glad other people posted here about the import working, because otherwise I probably wouldn't have checked again for a while!
    YAAAAAY!!! I am SO relieved to hear that it is working for you!

If anyone else continues to have issues importing, please let me know!!