Thread: Same as xbla account or not?

Default Same as xbla account or not?

I have a quick question.

Does this pull from the 360 version i.e. any purchased tables will automatically appear in the windows version? Or is it essentially a separate platform where we would have to re-buy all the tables?

Or is this still unknown or too early to discuss?

Thanks

It may be a bit early, but definitely still important. As we get closer to launch, we'll make sure to announce all the details... but now I am curious!

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Wow if this is the case I would be over the freaking Moon

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Wow if this is the case I would be over the freaking Moon
    Indeed; would be a nice way to say thanks to those that supported Zen in their humble beginnings hehe.

I figured it would be too soon to discuss, but worth asking anyway eh?

Yeh but either way it shows Zen that we would like to see such a Feature whether it will be implemented is another thing.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

cross platform gaming was on the Windows 8 menu .... now i guess it depends on the games and developpers ...

Regarding pbfx2, knowing you'll play with your gamertag, wich is the same on the xbox, and on windows phone, i guess having all your purchases on every platform seems like the way to go but it's not good for sales.

now if you have multiple android devices or ios devices, you don't have to purchase zen pinball on every device so .... it's up to zen to decide i guess...

So true will leave it up to Zen to decide for us mere Mortals

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I wonder if this is even technically possible. I guess it is, since the new "GfWl" for Win8 is actually called "Xbox Live for Windows", so I'm guessing it uses the same accounts... still. I'm not willing to switch to Windows 8 for this, and I don't have an Xbox.

I'm guessing that it may be possible, but it would be even more awesome (and fair) if this would also work with PSN accounts. I have all the Zen Pinball & Marvel Pinball tables, and I really don't want to buy them again (although I probably would anyway). This, on the other hand, might not be technically possible.

Well will know soon enough, when does Windows 8 lauch btw.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I think this has kind of been answered in another post now. I am a bit disappointed to be honest with you guys.

Before anyone comes up with the different platform argument (which is indeed valid). Microsoft is making the move to essentially make the PC and 360 linked to the same account. For me, as some one else said, this is the same as having two Android devices. I have 1 Android account with which I can access all my Android products even on multiple devices.

Now some things are specific to a tablet / phone and that's fine. But general things play cross plat-form with a single purchase.

Seeing as most pc's can handle xbla games these days, there is virtually no reason to not let us buy the game once to play on both our devices (IE PC and 360). They can state if a gamepad is a necessity to run on pc for example if they wish. But a lot of pc users do have a gamepad these days.

This isn't specific to Zen; but the whole philosophy of *same account but you know; different platforms*.

Sorry just wanted to add my opinion to it all, please don't take this as subjective hate or ignorant I want stuff for free attitude. More a pondering on the peculiar way in which Microsoft are presenting their *unified platform* then splitting it to be device specific.