Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The lone zombie
    • Jul 2009

Suggestions for the future of No Mercy

This is a list of things I'd like to see added to the game in the future and maybe just some tweaks of the existing formula, if you have any to add please post them here. Also this isnt a rambling of someone who is not happy with the game, I love this game its a blast and I cant stop playing, its like playing UT3 on the PS2, but it seems like theres only a few useful mods and weapons in the game and the rest are there for show.

First off the weapon/mod screen after a death should be changed. Its aggrevating when you are in the middle of a fight and in a split second you are shot and sent to the weapon loadout screen and you always change your weapons and mods on accident because you are still trying to move and shoot, not only that but it feels like you dont know what happened to you or where it came from. I think when you are killed it should go to a killcam of your body lying there, you have the option to watch the map for a few seconds or other people, respawn or check the scoreboard, or hit a button and go to the weapon loadout screen. It feels like you are grabbed then thrown away from the battle and in an instant you are dead, at a loadout screen not even watching the map anymore.

I think the weapon upgrade mod is one that needs to have a higher cooldown on it or just replaced and added by making the ability to use these points you pick up and to upgrade your weapons individually and permanently. Its a great mod but its the only mod anyone seems to use because you can become the most powerful person in the game in about the first opening 30 sec of a match. If all you have to do to upgrade your gun is press triangle once every 25 seconds and walk into the weapon upgrade pick up on the ground theres no point in any other mod. It causes the rest of the mods feel like gimmicks, invisibilty is fun and invunerability is cool for the 2 seconds it actually works, but why bother changing strategies if I can become more powerful by pressing triangle three times and start killing people with 5 bullets. Also it makes having the weapon upgrade pick ups useless. Also when Weapon upgrade is mixed with the CMG, you will not lose. Which is my next point.

The CMG is overpowered by too much. Anyone in the room who only has the arm-5 is not going to win when they run into the guy with the CMG, its impossible to lose a shootout with the CMG, and when mixed with weapon upgrade anyone with only the arm-5 will just leave the room because their gun is largely underpowered when next to the CMG. That seems like the only gun that needs to be taken down just a little to even the playing field. The point i'm trying to make is that if you only unlocked the CMG in the game, thats all you'd ever need, from the games I've played it seems like every room is 4 people with CMG's and one guy with the arm-5 and then the guy with the arm-5 leaves. You have the aks-49, but why bother when it has 1/4 the clip size of the CMG, half the accuracy and 1/4 the damage the CMG lays out so quickly. It limits the persons style to play the game, its like if you want to win you have to follow the pack and use the CMG so you stand a chance at taking someone else out or you have to get lucky and catch them at low health, but if you dont have weapon upgrade mod you are still just a fish in a barrel. More often I feel like the CMG is limiting the way you can play the game and what mods are actually useful to a person. Why use any other gun when the CMG is the end all be all.

Other minor additions:
    **being able to see what mods the person who killed you was using
    **The ability to see where they shot you from
    **More destructable pieces in the enviornments

**More music added and the ability to play your own music, (I know thats what a ton of people request for every game but it makes it so much fun)
    **Better personal stat tracking ie: how many kills with which character, most killed online opponent, (oh and the favorite gun stat tracker is currently not working properly, it says my favorite is the SSMG but in my stats I have one kill with it and 251 with the CMG)
    **Increase in the player cap to 10 or 12 people

Again this is all coming from someone who enjoys this game alot and would like to see it grow and gain a bigger community. If you have additions please post them here. I have more but I cant think of what they were right now.
    Last edited by The lone zombie; 07-06-2009, 04:18 PM.
  • The lone zombie
    • Jul 2009

new game mode

I love your guys game modes and how you have so many varied modes and how the levels change depending on this, something I would like to seem is Team Punisher.

It works just like punisher but there are two punishers on a team and their health is decreased from the normal 200 HP and 250 armor to 175 HP and 150 armor. It would work the same where if you are killed as the punisher, the person who killed you becomes the new punisher, so that the team changes as the battle continues and its not just the same two guys until one round is over. I think it could add an interesting twist to the game mode and it could be added to the Team Deathmatch playlist so instead of having one game mode in TD you'd have two and maybe increase peoples interest in that playlist.
    Last edited by The lone zombie; 07-06-2009, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• heybob1978
      • Jul 2009

If they had some insta gib game modes that rock. Maybe add clan support in some way. I loved insta gib in UT and wonder if it could be added easily in this game.

Comment

• GPA Kevin
        • Jun 2009

It's not even that the CMG is overpowered or anything, considering that you have to get a crap ton of kills to unlock it. You really get the feeling of having earned something when you get it.

The real issue is that the ARM is a piece of crap... the SMG even rips people apart faster (and it has armor steal!) I think the ARM should be made a little more powerful to balance things. Maybe reloads could be faster for the SMG and ARM as well, to balance against the CMG's enormous clip of ammunition. Same for the AKS, there's not a lot of incentive to use it at the moment.

In general I don't like it when things in games get weakened to balance the game (in other words, "nerfing" a weapon) so I wouldn't alter the weapon upgrade mod... especially considering that almost every player has access to it, keeping things fair. I think the other active mods are useful in play and the alternate strategies they create in their present form are worth implementing.
        Last edited by GPA Kevin; 07-06-2009, 05:16 PM.
        Join the Global Punisher Army - GlobalPunisherArmy.com

Comment

• The lone zombie
          • Jul 2009

another small fix

It would be nice if people could join a game in progress and if after every match at the match results screen it would allow people to join at that time into the lobby.
          My reason for this is when you and a friend are online playing if you get into a good sized room and people get disconnected/kicked or just leave the match you get stuck in a room at the end where its you and your friend, you have to now leave the room and search around more for another room with the size you want, then re-invite your friend before the match ends. Alot of times people leave matches in the middle of it and it ends up being 3 people in a room TD 1 vs 2, so the person on the team all alone leaves and the other team automatically wins.

Comment

• The lone zombie
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by GPA Kevin
            It's not even that the CMG is overpowered or anything, considering that you have to get a crap ton of kills to unlock it. You really get the feeling of having earned something when you get it.

I get that too, that makes sense, but really 150 kills isnt that much, about 2 hours of playing you will have it. Even if they dropped the clip size slighty or the firepower you'd still feel accomplished.

The real issue is that the ARM is a piece of crap... the SMG even rips people apart faster (and it has armor steal!) I think the ARM should be made a little more powerful to balance things. Maybe reloads could be faster for the SMG and ARM as well, to balance against the CMG's enormous clip of ammunition. Same for the AKS, there's not a lot of incentive to use it at the moment.

I agree with that totally. I hadnt thought of it from that view but yes the ARM-5 is way underpowered untill its fully upgraded, the SSMG tears people apart with what should be a less powerful gun. The ARM-5's armor piercing doesnt seem to work very well considering how much damage it should be doing

In general I don't like it when things in games get weakened to balance the game (in other words, "nerfing" a weapon) so I wouldn't alter the weapon upgrade mod... especially considering that almost every player has access to it, keeping things fair. I think the other active mods are useful in play and the alternate strategies they create in their present form are worth implementing.
            On that one I just cant bring myself to agree. I think if they put in the ability to see what mods people are using, all you'd see is weapon upgrade, because why not? all you do is hit a button and blam you are 4 times more powerful than the second you started. I have seen one person use the invisibilty, and maybe 3 people use invunerability. Last night I tried to play with invunerability and I'm not sure if the mod itself wasnt working or I'm using it incorrectly becuase it never allowed me to not take damage. I could hit triangle, get into a gun fight a split second later and go down before them because my gun was way underpowered compared to theirs. After about 10 daeths of that strategy I gave up and went back to weapon upgrade because it becomes a pacifier you need to get kills. I think its a lame mod because if you think about it if you can simply hit triangle every 20 seconds to get more bullet damage, and within a minute full damage, why not just start all guns at max power? You're going to get there easily if you know where all the upgarde pickups are in the level and have that active mod. Even if they just increase the cooldown time of the weapon upgrade it would help people who want to use other mods. I realize everyone has access to it but then as I said above it becomes the go to mod for everyone and nearly cancels the use of any other mod. I tried going to invunerability but even then had to switch back to weapon upgrade. I also have noticed that people using invunerability, if I have weapon upgrade on, all I have to do is dance around for 5 seconds then put 3 rounds in them and they are done. The mod itself is far overpowering the other mods and really doesnt allow for other playing styles, unless you get lucky a couple times during a match using another mod, and thats what I dont like is that the weapon mod enables you to use less skill and simply overpower the opponent in all situations.

Comment

• biohazrd901
              • Jul 2009

Kick-A$$ game Zen!!!

I would like to see some bigger maps with more players (Somewhere around 16-20 players) I would also love some Marvel Crossover characters with their own unlockable abilities. I also want more unlockable abilites, A longer story mode with better voice acting (please continue the story though), splitscreen, more single player material, a regeneration health system, More weapons, and maybe the next game could be put on blu-ray and have backwards compatability with maps and characters and support for 1080p HD. But aside from that, the game is awesome and I hope to see more of it in the future. Thank you guys for making the best punisher game I have played so far.

And also PLEASE FIX THE LAG!!!
              Last edited by biohazrd901; 07-06-2009, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• The lone zombie
                • Jul 2009

small add-on

***Grenades would be nice, alot of people ask for them

Comment

• zyntex
                  • Jul 2009

I would like to see a better SP mode.

I love the short comic intors and outros and if after them is a real sp mode (not just only a mp match against stupid bots) it would be so awesome (the world need more punisher games)

I really would offer another $9.99 or $19.99 for a real sp mode.

Comment

• ScorchedRusalka
                    • Jul 2009

Sorry but i think that we are not going to have a better SP mode... this game is a MP game... i am sure that any DLC will be for that type of the game...

Comment

• razkazz
                      • Jul 2009

I agree that pretty much all of the suggestions given so far would be great improvements.

Here's what I'd like to see the most:

-new death screen so you don't switch weapons/mods by accident
                      -allow new players to join rooms in between matches
                      -new characters w/ unlockable costumes as DLC
                      -grenades, would be unique to an arena shooter & add to the Punisher feel
                      -capture the flag style mode, would be really fun, the maps seem right for it
                      -display the top score on the hud so you know how well you're doing at all times
                      -custom soundtracks, makes it way more fun & is a feature that sells games

Just had another thought, I think these are easy additions and will provide a lot more variety:
                      -ability to choose specific game type (punish the punisher, elimination), rather than playing all types in rotation
                      -certain weapons-only matches (rocket arena, pistols only, shotguns only)
                      -extreme mode: everyone starts with all weapons maxed & speed boost

-ability to choose which map to play would be awesome too
                      Last edited by razkazz; 07-09-2009, 07:00 AM.

Comment

• The lone zombie
                        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by ScorchedRusalka
                        Sorry but i think that we are not going to have a better SP mode... this game is a MP game... i am sure that any DLC will be for that type of the game...
                        I dont think they will make it a fully fleshed out SP mode, but when you beat the 4th chapter it says to be continued so from that I assume they are adding atleast a couple more chapters in the future.

Comment

• Alucard_156
                          • Jul 2009

Yeah I agree, more players in a game should be added just like 16 players and bigger maps. LAG needs to be fixed! Grenades, more guns, I like the idea of crossover marvel characters coming in but i think it would only have to be guys or chicks with guns.

Comment

• Elias
                            • Jan 2010

nah why just the characters that used guns bring em all in Cap America, Blade, Spidey, Wolverine and for the women She-Hulk, Mystique or even give a damsel a gun " Look out Spidey yer late home and MJ has a missle launcer.

Comment

Working...