Clear All
  • ulix
    • Jul 2010

Windows 7 & XP versions?

Simple question: when?
  • BarbieBobomb
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2012

Unfortunately, right now we're just focusing on Windows 8.

Comment

• Hanami
      • Jan 2012

Is Windows 8 so different that games made for it are incompatible with the last 2 versions of Windows? Lots of missed sales opportunities if that is the case.

Comment

• Solitude
        KickBeaten Down
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Hanami
        Is Windows 8 so different that games made for it are incompatible with the last 2 versions of Windows? Lots of missed sales opportunities if that is the case.
        If you build it around Metro features, then yes.

There will be a non-Windows 8 PC version at some point, but we don't yet know exactly when.

Comment

• Hanami
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Solitude

There will be a non-Windows 8 PC version at some point, but we don't yet know exactly when.
          Oh dear looks like I'm in for a long wait, just have to stick with the 3ds version for now. Thanks for the clarification btw .
          Last edited by Hanami; 04-01-2012, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• ulix
            • Jul 2010

It's still quite a while until Win8 even officially hits the stores (Wikipedia says October is likely), so can we at least expect the ("normal") Windows version this year?

The developers of Skulls of the Shogun are doing the same sh... thing. Really anoying, and unless Microsoft is paying you guys a shitton of money most likely a (very, very) bad business call.

Comment

• Darebear96
              • Apr 2012

They are likely making it for metro mode so it will work on Windows phones and tablets. So it might not be as bad of a buisness call as you think.

Comment

• Bryan87
                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                Unfortunately, right now we're just focusing on Windows 8.
                oh that's nice: i was going to remove vista and install windows 8!
                good luck in your work
                ringtone maker

Comment

• blacpain
                  • Apr 2012

hmmm i think i will drive my w7 , jump w8 and wait for the next step.
                  so i recommend at least a w7 compatible version

Comment

• ulix
                    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Darebear96
                    They are likely making it for metro mode so it will work on Windows phones and tablets. So it might not be as bad of a buisness call as you think.
                    I really don't believe that Windows Phones will ever reach more than, let's say 10% market penetration, even if we consider large timeframes. For the first couple of years I'm guessing that almost no-one will buy them.

However that may be. You can sell your games for more money on the big devices (PC, PS3, etc.), so while on Phones you can only charge maybe 4$ for a game like this (and no-one will buy it, since it doesn't cost 99 cents), on consoles and PC you can charge 8$ or 10$, and many people will buy it, since it is still a steal.

Comment

• normanyclark
                      Banned
                      • May 2012

According to me,Windows 8 can support different GUI features for games. Some other driver will require for GUI features of game,I think this is totally different than the Windows Phones and windows 8 system.

Comment

• SirPrimalform
                        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Solitude

I'm not sure how the game would benefit from Metro features..? I mean, when you're playing the game would you want it anything but full screen? And when you're not playing, I'm not sure how you'd benefit from having a panel on the metro dashboard thing... to remind you of your high score?

I hope you do make a normal full screen desktop game version of it and release it outside the Windows store because I'd love to play it on a bigger screen than my 3DS but lack either of the consoles you've released on so far.

Comment

• Phrad
                          • Mar 2013

Ok this thread is old but it's only one i could find about a version on Windows 7 !

I want to play that but I don't have that windows 8 so I was wondering if a the game will ever be out on 7 ?
                          I find this sad to release it only for 8 users...

Hope I can play it one day. Sincerly

Comment

• Roo5676
                            • Sep 2011

It is coming eventually. Latest info from Solitude is in this thread.

Comment

• Solamon77
                              • Jan 2012

Has anyone here noticed that the thread views on this particular post are now over 3000. This is close to 4x higher than any other post on this particular board. If this doesn't show how excited people are for a proper PC version, I don't know what does!

Comment

Working...