Thread: Windows 7 & XP versions?

Default Windows 7 & XP versions?

Simple question: when?

Unfortunately, right now we're just focusing on Windows 8.

Question

Is Windows 8 so different that games made for it are incompatible with the last 2 versions of Windows? Lots of missed sales opportunities if that is the case.

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by Hanami View Post
    Is Windows 8 so different that games made for it are incompatible with the last 2 versions of Windows? Lots of missed sales opportunities if that is the case.
    If you build it around Metro features, then yes.

There will be a non-Windows 8 PC version at some point, but we don't yet know exactly when.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post

There will be a non-Windows 8 PC version at some point, but we don't yet know exactly when.
    Oh dear looks like I'm in for a long wait, just have to stick with the 3ds version for now. Thanks for the clarification btw .
    Last edited by Hanami; 04-01-2012 at 12:42 PM.

It's still quite a while until Win8 even officially hits the stores (Wikipedia says October is likely), so can we at least expect the ("normal") Windows version this year?

The developers of Skulls of the Shogun are doing the same sh... thing. Really anoying, and unless Microsoft is paying you guys a shitton of money most likely a (very, very) bad business call.

They are likely making it for metro mode so it will work on Windows phones and tablets. So it might not be as bad of a buisness call as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Unfortunately, right now we're just focusing on Windows 8.
    oh that's nice: i was going to remove vista and install windows 8!
    good luck in your work

hmmm i think i will drive my w7 , jump w8 and wait for the next step.
    so i recommend at least a w7 compatible version

Quote Originally Posted by Darebear96 View Post
    They are likely making it for metro mode so it will work on Windows phones and tablets. So it might not be as bad of a buisness call as you think.
    I really don't believe that Windows Phones will ever reach more than, let's say 10% market penetration, even if we consider large timeframes. For the first couple of years I'm guessing that almost no-one will buy them.

However that may be. You can sell your games for more money on the big devices (PC, PS3, etc.), so while on Phones you can only charge maybe 4$ for a game like this (and no-one will buy it, since it doesn't cost 99 cents), on consoles and PC you can charge 8$ or 10$, and many people will buy it, since it is still a steal.

According to me,Windows 8 can support different GUI features for games. Some other driver will require for GUI features of game,I think this is totally different than the Windows Phones and windows 8 system.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post

I'm not sure how the game would benefit from Metro features..? I mean, when you're playing the game would you want it anything but full screen? And when you're not playing, I'm not sure how you'd benefit from having a panel on the metro dashboard thing... to remind you of your high score?

I hope you do make a normal full screen desktop game version of it and release it outside the Windows store because I'd love to play it on a bigger screen than my 3DS but lack either of the consoles you've released on so far.

Ok this thread is old but it's only one i could find about a version on Windows 7 !

I want to play that but I don't have that windows 8 so I was wondering if a the game will ever be out on 7 ?
    I find this sad to release it only for 8 users...

Hope I can play it one day. Sincerly

It is coming eventually. Latest info from Solitude is in this thread.

Has anyone here noticed that the thread views on this particular post are now over 3000. This is close to 4x higher than any other post on this particular board. If this doesn't show how excited people are for a proper PC version, I don't know what does!

Quote Originally Posted by Solamon77 View Post
    If this doesn't show how excited people are for a proper PC version, I don't know what does!
    Agreed! I hope they'll make such a beast sooner rather than later... I don't anticipate adopting Windows 8 if I don't have to (or if it's not far and away the most convenient option).

Is there any update on this at all? I'd much rather prefer to play this on the PC, I would buy Windows 8 but not just for this game, and the features on Windows 8 over 7...well for the normal keyboard and mouse PC what are they?

With Steam supporting a new full screen TV friendly mode with add on content through that store and excellent controller support on plug and play with the wired xbox controller I don't see why this isn't possible through that? Doesn't the xbox 360 game run the same architecture as the x86 PC?

Quote Originally Posted by spacedskunk88 View Post
    Is there any update on this at all? I'd much rather prefer to play this on the PC, I would buy Windows 8 but not just for this game, and the features on Windows 8 over 7...well for the normal keyboard and mouse PC what are they?

With Steam supporting a new full screen TV friendly mode with add on content through that store and excellent controller support on plug and play with the wired xbox controller I don't see why this isn't possible through that? Doesn't the xbox 360 game run the same architecture as the x86 PC?
    We are working on a Steam version, no ETA as of yet.

Steam achievements for this got leaked the other day.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525912

Easier-to-read version here: http://steamdb.info/app/226980/

Obviously it's unofficial and subject to change or be wrong, but the initial set of 23 tables included in there seems realistic (basically all the 4-packs the Wii U got, plus the Pinball FX2 "Core" pack and Star Wars 3-pack). And there's even a statistic related to portrait mode (which of course doesn't mean it will be there at launch). But I'm excited nonetheless!

Thank you, thank you, thank you Zen for developing these for a Steam release. I found Zen Pinball only recently on iphone and love it but was gutted as the phone was the only way I had to play as I don't use consoles. I love the game and hate having to play it on such a small screen. I have a number of tables on iphone but not all interest me that much, such as the Marvel tables but I have to say on a large screen I am definatly buying every table. I would also like to add I normally wouldn't register on a forum and post this kind of thing when I know a game is coming on a platform I am waiting for but in this case I am more than happy to show my support for Zen Studios.

Default About the Steam version...

Does 'we are working on a steam version' mean that it will run through steam on windows 7 and 8, or only through steam on windows 8?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybiscuits View Post
    Does 'we are working on a steam version' mean that it will run through steam on windows 7 and 8, or only through steam on windows 8?

Thank you!
    It will be compatible with Win7

It will be compatible with Win7
    How about XP barbie ?

Oh my god I'm so excited !! Thank you so much for bringing this on Steam guys, I really appreciate the move, Win7 user here. Your tables are just amazingly creative and realistic, and the game just looks like the best pinball game of all time. Finally some good pinball on my PC, I'm so glad, I waited a long time for this, probably since Pro Pinball Timeshock.

I can't wait to preorder this, you guys are fantastic ! Thanks again, and keep up the good work !

/ Goes refreshing Steam store page...

Quote Originally Posted by DjParagon View Post
    Oh my god I'm so excited !! Thank you so much for bringing this on Steam guys, I really appreciate the move, Win7 user here. Your tables are just amazingly creative and realistic, and the game just looks like the best pinball game of all time. Finally some good pinball on my PC, I'm so glad, I waited a long time for this, probably since Pro Pinball Timeshock.

I can't wait to preorder this, you guys are fantastic ! Thanks again, and keep up the good work !

/ Goes refreshing Steam store page...
    Don't know if it will be on the coming soon page on Steam or if it will be pre-order. I know it is going to be out really soon but when I ask Zen on Twitter if they will announce a release date before launch they just say "it will be soon " And when they talk about other things (ie Star Wars pinball on Wii U) they seem to suggest that they will just launch it without any prior release date. It annoys me immensly that they do this. From all the information I have about this my guess is it should be out on Steam by end of April. if not the "Sooner than you might think " tweet was a lie.

Ha ha ! Don't worry, I was kind of joking, I don't expect FX2 to be released on Steam anytime before this summer, or even autumn/winter. I'm just extremely happy it will at some point. And pre-order or not, I'm in day one ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    Don't know if it will be on the coming soon page on Steam or if it will be pre-order. I know it is going to be out really soon but when I ask Zen on Twitter if they will announce a release date before launch they just say "it will be soon " And when they talk about other things (ie Star Wars pinball on Wii U) they seem to suggest that they will just launch it without any prior release date. It annoys me immensly that they do this. From all the information I have about this my guess is it should be out on Steam by end of April. if not the "Sooner than you might think " tweet was a lie.
    You do realize I'm the one who handles the Twitter account right? We don't have dates for either Steam or Star Wars DLC on Wii U, but I will post them (as usual) as soon as we can confirm them.

You do realize I'm the one who handles the Twitter account right? We don't have dates for either Steam or Star Wars DLC on Wii U, but I will post them (as usual) as soon as we can confirm them.
    No I didn't realise that but no offence that makes no difference to me anyway. You are Zen Studios a bussiness to me. If you give release dates before a launch as soon as you have a confirmed date that is all customers want and I for one will be happy.

No I didn't realise that but no offence that makes no difference to me anyway. You are Zen Studios a bussiness to me. If you give release dates before a launch as soon as you have a confirmed date that is all customers want and I for one will be happy.
    We always do that... so no worries there

I'm so happy for Steam version of Zen Pinball. Can't wait!!!

Any plans to allow the lighting levels to be controlled in the Zen PC version like Pro Pinball pioneers are planning in their remastered Timeshock release?

The night modes would be tremendous in some of the Zen tables.

577512_548977461808851_1372161871_n.jpg

Source:
    http://m.facebook.com/pro.pinball?id...312602467&_rdr

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Any plans to allow the lighting levels to be controlled in the Zen PC version like Pro Pinball pioneers are planning in their remastered Timeshock release?

The night modes would be tremendous in some of the Zen tables.

577512_548977461808851_1372161871_n.jpg

Source:
    http://m.facebook.com/pro.pinball?id...312602467&_rdr
    I don't think so but we haven't announced any details just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    nice.jpg

You probably have already seen this but here is the tech demo of that lighting. Though I am in no way even slightly endorsing thier product. Pro Pinball sucks in my opinion, they have done some nice lighting though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SLl2rJgyzc

You probably have already seen this but here is the tech demo of that lighting. Though I am in no way even slightly endorsing thier product. Pro Pinball sucks in my opinion, they have done some nice lighting though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SLl2rJgyzc
    You have to remember the Pro-Pinball table date from 1995 and they still stand up today especially in the Physics dept. They set the benchmark for future sims. For me the more Pinball the better as long as they look and play well. Pro-Pinball, Zen, Pinball Arcade, and Visual Pinball - bring 'em on

I'm not a pinball fanatic. I'm more of a general gamer and to me all the other pinball games suck. I played Pro Pinball years ago and wasn't impressed, infact it's only with finding Zen on iphone recently that I have found the only computer pinball game that I have ever liked. That is why I'm so desperate to get this on Steam. Zen pinball is not only the only pinball game I like but it's one of my favourite video games full stop. I think they hit the balance of simulation and arcade style perfectly. It's not 100% authentic pinball and I certainly hope it never becomes that.

I agree with you, Shifty. Zen Pinball is the best pinball right now. I remember when I saw Marvel Pinball (Spiderman and Iron Man tables) for the first time, I was blown away with beautiful graphics and amazing gameplay. Now, 3 years later, I still haven't played it 'cause I only have PC. I guess, we, PC gamers, are last on every game developer's list.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenPinballFan View Post
    I agree with you, Shifty. Zen Pinball is the best pinball right now. I remember when I saw Marvel Pinball (Spiderman and Iron Man tables) for the first time, I was blown away with beautiful graphics and amazing gameplay. Now, 3 years later, I still haven't played it 'cause I only have PC. I guess, we, PC gamers, are last on every game developer's list.
    Well most of the time yes the simple fact is consoles and the biggest platforms are the only ones developers care about but I feel in Zens case this is a bit of a different situation. Zen Studios is a really small developer but they have and are continuing to get a large amount of attention and growing sales thanks to the huge talent that they have. They obviously have had to concentrate on gaining a reputation and spreading awarness on the largest platforms first and I totally understand the need Zen have had to do this. I am just grateful that they have the desire to bring this to as many platforms as they can eventually. Some Large well established studios usually resent PC, the platform where they first got thier success (ie Call of Duty series) but with Zens sales model and from what responses I hear from them they can and will embrace as many platforms as they feasibly can. Thankfully I don't think we have long to wait but I am as frustrated aseveryone else who is waiting for the Steam version. I am sure they are working like crazy on numerous things but it can't come soon enough for some of us. GO GO Zen moar overtime
    Last edited by Shifty; 04-18-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Alright, in case you haven't seen it, there's a new hot thread now :

Pinball-FX2 - Steam

Banned

Such a nice interface, remembering old days. thank you

Default Clear Answer

This is a great post. So clear and easy to follow. Thanks for the tangible and attainable help. All your hard work is much appreciated.
    Jim Sanders is a technology enthusiast and researcher working with the an iPhone App Development Company. Having worked for various brands across technology industries, I am a Digital Marketer with a spark.