X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BarbieBobomb
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2012

Global Pinball Map

Hey everyone! I recently went on a search for some pinball machines in my area, and I came across a site that has a pretty good list and map of where machines are located.

This got me thinking about creating a global map of pinball machines. I did some looking around, and there is already one available (although I'm sure far from complete). If you know of a machine that is not listed, please list it! I would love to see more pins on this map and be able to use it as a reliable reference.

The site also has links to events and the Internet Pinball Database, which has some great info for collectors... or if you just want something to drool over!

EDIT: As KG pointed out below, THIS SITE is much more active and up to date! Thanks KGSoloman8000!
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 09-17-2012, 06:00 PM.
  • KGSoloman8000
    • Jan 2011

Great info Barbie!

Pinside.com also has a good pinball locator... (I think it is a little more active than pinballspot.com) It also lets you know what machines each location has

Where to Play
    Last edited by KGSoloman8000; 04-27-2012, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
      Pinball Wizard
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by KGSoloman8000
      Great info Barbie!

Pinside.com also has a good pinball locator... (I think it is a little more active than pinballspot.com) It also lets you know what machines each location has

Where to Play
      DUDE! This is exactly what I was looking for! You rock!

Comment

• bclewis
        • Feb 2012

Cool, apparently there's a "Theatre of Magic" within spitting distance of me, hope that's up-to-date!

I notice they don't have another one of our downtown arcades where I've played listed, so we'll see.

Oh, here's yet another list:

The Pinball Map website and free mobile app will help you find places to play pinball! Pinball Map is a high-quality user-updated pinball locator for all the public pinball machines in your area.
        Last edited by bclewis; 04-27-2012, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
          Pinball Wizard
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by bclewis
          Cool, apparently there's a "Theatre of Magic" within spitting distance of me, hope that's up-to-date!

I notice they don't have another one of our downtown arcades where I've played listed, so we'll see.

Oh, here's yet another list:

http://pinballmap.com/
          Awesome! Looks like I'm pretty spoiled with so many machines in the Bay Area

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
            Writer of Guides
            • Apr 2011

Thanks very interesting indeed, need to find some in London.
            sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
            Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
            *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• Womble
              • Nov 2010

Aussies

There's a Google Map for Australian pinballers. It's east-coast centric, however.

Mapping Pinball Machines in Pubs around Australia (starting in Sydney). hey guys i'm artrush -- Mountain/\Ash started this map and helped out with some Sydney and Bathurst machines, I added a bunch that I'd seen on my own travels and added more from aussiearcade forums.. if you know anywhere that should be added please email [email protected] please note that machines do get changed around every few months, but there is likely to be some kind of pinball at all of these places

The pinball section of AussieArcade.com.au also maintains a "Sited Pins" thread, which lists the locations and conditions of hundreds of pins in Australia.

(However, free registration is required. If you want to buy a pin in Australia, or fix one, or discuss one, this is the site for you.)

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                Pinball Wizard
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Womble
                There's a Google Map for Australian pinballers. It's east-coast centric, however.

Mapping Pinball Machines in Pubs around Australia (starting in Sydney). hey guys i'm artrush -- Mountain/\Ash started this map and helped out with some Sydney and Bathurst machines, I added a bunch that I'd seen on my own travels and added more from aussiearcade forums.. if you know anywhere that should be added please email [email protected] please note that machines do get changed around every few months, but there is likely to be some kind of pinball at all of these places

The pinball section of AussieArcade.com.au also maintains a "Sited Pins" thread, which lists the locations and conditions of hundreds of pins in Australia.

(However, free registration is required. If you want to buy a pin in Australia, or fix one, or discuss one, this is the site for you.)
                Thanks Womble!

Comment

• lasvegaspinballhalloffame
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Sep 2011

Las Vegas Pinball Hall of Fame. One of the best reasons to visit Vegas! One of the best Pinball (and other games) arcades in the country. Info in the link in my sig.
                  http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Comment

• seaking177
                    • Jan 2012

it seems none are listed for the west side of Colorado...im sad now.

Comment

• BrianHanifin
                      • May 2012

Pinball Map outside the United States

If you are in Europe particularly, you should check out http://findapinball.com/

For users in the United States, pinballmap.com is the authoritative source. The site only allows maps for areas which have a dedicated person/team to maintain their local map. Further, any user can submit map updates (suggest new locations, comment on a machines condition, or update a machine lineup). I find it is generally the most up to date source.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Feb 2012

Thanks!!! Welcome to the forums by the way!

Comment

• SoulZedge
                          • Sep 2012

Want to get on some REAL tables...

Hi all, firstly been playing Virtual pinball since I was 10, My first pinball game was Crystal Caliburn back in 1993, then I got Dragons revenge on the Megadrive, as my dad got fed up of me hogging his machine, anyway I went of on a tangent, Even though I love Pinball games ( I am not good, just love em, I only score 15mil-60mil on my table on Zen2, I think I need some guidance I can make the ball go where I want I just can't seem to do well, hit a plateau maybe? anyway need to stop going off on one ) I have never even seen a real machine in my life, there seem to be some members who might know where some are in the South East of England or anywhere really, never know where you travels will take you, also how different does a real table feel compared to Zen2? I expect I will need a fair bit of practice before I can even clock a million on a real table :P or is it not that bad?

Comment

• Peridot Weapon
                            • Oct 2010

It's really hard to compare a physical table to an electronic version (even an electronic version of a "real life" table). You're missing the physical factor - the feel of actually controlling a flipper, the need to shove the cabinet manually if you want to nudge the ball, the differences from one cabinet to the next (either in construction or wear-and-tear of hundreds of games).

I was never any good at real tables - back in the day I'd play a lot of them for the soundtrack (Terminator 2 and Black Knight 2000 stand out in my memory for that). I'd like to find a place nearby to actually try them again, because it's been many a year. I doubt "Zen" skills translate over very well, but I've got a better eye for deciphering what you're supposed to DO on a table rather than just flailing randomly, that must count for something!

As for getting a million, depends on the table. Much like in Zen, there's high-scoring and low-scoring tables out there. Some tables are physically impossible to NOT score a million on unless you deliberately tilt all your balls.

Comment

• Metalzoic
                              • Sep 2012

You've never seen a real table? Bummer... that seems crazy to me!

Anyway, like Peridot said a real table feels much different. They tend to be more difficult than video pinball in general, but they are also much more visceral in the shaking, mechanical sound and booming sound effects.

You should also try out The Pinball Arcade, it attempts to be more like actual physical pinball, although it is also still to easy compared to the real thing.

Comment

Working...