Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Release date??

Default Release date??

Killing me with the wait like a kid before Xmas
    XBLA: Opalsuns
    PSN: The_Perfects
    EST and I am up late, add me if you can'f find anyone in the wee hours of the evening

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

From whats been said it should defo be this Summer at least.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Summer?? It was planned for May, or so I think they said in the PS Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelasso View Post
    Summer?? It was planned for May, or so I think they said in the PS Blog.
    Yeh its planned nothing is concrete yet till they share a release date, thats why I said defo this Summer at least because that gives enough time for cert etc.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

No release date yet, unfortunately. I will post as soon as we get it. It shouldn't be too much longer!

Any news?

Joining to the club whose members can't wait to get a grasp on ZP2... I might even buy a Vita just for this...

Quote Originally Posted by ilyr View Post
    Any news?

Joining to the club whose members can't wait to get a grasp on ZP2... I might even buy a Vita just for this...
    Nothing to report as of now, ughhhh the wait is killing us!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Nothing to report as of now, ughhhh the wait is killing us!
    Well any news is good news hopes you guys do get to have it out this month.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I finally saw the movie yesterday and it made me want the tables more!

Considering the trophies leaked yesterday on PSN, I'm assuming that the wait won't be much longer, I'm hoping for next week!
    PSN: DreamyElf

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    I finally saw the movie yesterday and it made me want the tables more!

Considering the trophies leaked yesterday on PSN, I'm assuming that the wait won't be much longer, I'm hoping for next week!
    Yeh saw your Thread m8, thanks for the Info. Yeh the Movie is fricking awesome, cant wait to own it on Blu - Ray.

Avengers Chronicles Assemble!

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I hope the release will be in May. I can't wait any longer now.
    My PSVITA want Zen now and also my PS3!
    Keep up the good stuff ZEN.

Default Released Tomorrow?

I read that it would be released in conjunction with the Avengers Chronicles 4 table pack, and i know that the new tables are due to be released tomorrow (Fri 18th May), though there is a possibility that they will release the tables then release zen 2 upgrade the week after on Fri 25th, what I really want to know is, if i own both Zen & Marvel and have all DLC can i delete the original games from my PS3 and still have them on Zen 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarl3tPirat3 View Post
    I read that it would be released in conjunction with the Avengers Chronicles 4 table pack, and i know that the new tables are due to be released tomorrow (Fri 18th May), though there is a possibility that they will release the tables then release zen 2 upgrade the week after on Fri 25th, what I really want to know is, if i own both Zen & Marvel and have all DLC can i delete the original games from my PS3 and still have them on Zen 2.
    Sorry guys, these will not be released tomorrow. We are releasing Avengers at the same time as ZP2, but we do not have a release date for them at this time. We will know our date about a week or so ahead of time, and I will post it as soon as we get it.

Please see our FAQ for more details about how the update from Zen/Marvel Pinball to Zen Pinball 2 will work and feel free to ask questions if you are still unsure: http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?t=4158

i know that the new tables are due to be released tomorrow (Fri 18th May)
    I don't know where you got that information from, but you can tell that date is bogus. Sony only updates the PS Store on Tuesdays (USA) / Wednesdays (everywhere else).

The most likely date is going to be May 29/30, if it's going to come out in May. It's not going to be next week, since Zen usually gets the release date a week or two in advance.

Talking I Know That I Was Wrong

I was looking at the playstation store and read a piece that said they update on Wednesdays so its safe to assume it will be 30th May, the wait is killing me, i feel like a little kid who has got to christmas eve then found out he had his dates wrong and its another fortnight away, sorry for any confusion or premature excitement my previous dates might have caused, I'm so Excited.

I already ordered my PS Vita, should arrive next Monday or Tuesday, so please hurry up...

I was looking at the playstation store and read a piece that said they update on Wednesdays so its safe to assume it will be 30th May, the wait is killing me, i feel like a little kid who has got to christmas eve then found out he had his dates wrong and its another fortnight away, sorry for any confusion or premature excitement my previous dates might have caused, I'm so Excited.
    No worries! Just be sure to check here or on Twitter and make sure the date is coming from us

I PROMISE I will tell you guys when we get our date, the wait is killing me!

I guess its safe to say that most of are already impatient! Hahaha It only makes the release of the ZP2 THAT much more epic!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Default Pinball Premonition??

So I'm driving 125 km/hr down the highway 401 here in Ontario, Canada this evening, when I come upon this dude in a black pick-up truck. He was hauling TWO actual pinball machines, lying on their backs, no legs, with the front ends pointed straight up in the air. I thought "now this guy is as impatient as the rest of us" for the release of ZP2. I slowed down for a slow pass....checked out the two machines he was hauling but I couldn't see what the names were on them....but they were definitely OLD SCHOOL machines. As I passed I flashed him a knowing "thumbs up" and left him to his pinball glory.
    I took this as a premonition that Zen Pinball 2 would be available when I got home. Sadly it was not to be. Sigh.
    PSN -Zen and Marvel Pinball -Look me up, Maklos

Quote Originally Posted by MAKLOS View Post
    So I'm driving 125 km/hr down the highway 401 here in Ontario, Canada this evening, when I come upon this dude in a black pick-up truck. He was hauling TWO actual pinball machines, lying on their backs, no legs, with the front ends pointed straight up in the air. I thought "now this guy is as impatient as the rest of us" for the release of ZP2. I slowed down for a slow pass....checked out the two machines he was hauling but I couldn't see what the names were on them....but they were definitely OLD SCHOOL machines. As I passed I flashed him a knowing "thumbs up" and left him to his pinball glory.
    I took this as a premonition that Zen Pinball 2 would be available when I got home. Sadly it was not to be. Sigh.
    Wow that was a nice story! I'm sorry it didn't have a happy ending.....for now that is, but we all will share the happy ending when it finally gets here!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Sounds like the beginning of a movie! And sorry it didn't have a happier ending

I'm finishing Mortal Kombat 9 on my VITA.... I need some pinball now, or I might start playing Mortal Kombat on the real life to ease my tension, RAWWWRRRR!

but really.... May is coming to an end and the "coming soon" is getting old, we need some more real life based info like: "A cat ate our mouses and we don't know the windows shortcut keys!"

THERE:

Shortcut Keys Description
    Alt + F File menu options in current program.
    Alt + E Edit options in current program
    F1 Universal Help in almost every Windows program.
    Ctrl + A Select all text.
    Ctrl + X Cut selected item.
    Shift + Del Cut selected item.
    Ctrl + C Copy selected item.
    Ctrl + Ins Copy selected item
    Ctrl + V Paste
    Shift + Ins Paste
    Home Goes to beginning of current line.
    Ctrl + Home Goes to beginning of document.
    End Goes to end of current line.
    Ctrl + End Goes to end of document.
    Shift + Home Highlights from current position to beginning of line.
    Shift + End Highlights from current position to end of line.
    Ctrl + Left arrow Moves one word to the left at a time.
    Ctrl + Right arrow Moves one word to the right at a time.

Now that all is sorted out can I download my Zen Pinball 2 tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by MK24ever View Post
    I'm finishing Mortal Kombat 9 on my VITA.... I need some pinball now, or I might start playing Mortal Kombat on the real life to ease my tension, RAWWWRRRR!

but really.... May is coming to an end and the "coming soon" is getting old, we need some more real life based info like: "A cat ate our mouses and we don't know the windows shortcut keys!"

THERE:

Shortcut Keys Description
    Alt + F File menu options in current program.
    Alt + E Edit options in current program
    F1 Universal Help in almost every Windows program.
    Ctrl + A Select all text.
    Ctrl + X Cut selected item.
    Shift + Del Cut selected item.
    Ctrl + C Copy selected item.
    Ctrl + Ins Copy selected item
    Ctrl + V Paste
    Shift + Ins Paste
    Home Goes to beginning of current line.
    Ctrl + Home Goes to beginning of document.
    End Goes to end of current line.
    Ctrl + End Goes to end of document.
    Shift + Home Highlights from current position to beginning of line.
    Shift + End Highlights from current position to end of line.
    Ctrl + Left arrow Moves one word to the left at a time.
    Ctrl + Right arrow Moves one word to the right at a time.

Now that all is sorted out can I download my Zen Pinball 2 tomorrow?
    Haha this is great! Welcome to the forum by the way! We should have our release date in the next couple of days, just need to confirm with Microsoft & Sony!

Also, have you finished the Challenge Tower? Seriously so frustrating, haha!

Thanks Barbie!!!!

Maybe may 29th will be the big day but if they announce it this week, we might not see it till June.

Thumbs up Yes!

We should have our release date in the next couple of days, just need to confirm with Microsoft & Sony!

Finally!!

And as far as Mortal Kombat... I was playing mainly on the PS3 but also have it for the 360 (super nerd). Have the Arcade sticks too lol.... if you are anyone else is still playing that online I am all about it. The guy who I have matches with is leaving for The Mars Volta tour (he's their soundman) for the Summer so I have literally no one to have matches with on MK that I know online! I rarely play online for that reason, but dig the community here so if you or anyone else is up for some MK action.. I am all about it!

Now THAT would be a bad ass table using the current physics and graphics engines Zen has in place with their newer tables. Could create a table using multiple characters from the MK universe with Khan obviously the guy to bring down. Different missions would help unlock the special moves of each, in addition to a finishing move that would give a tiered bonus as each one unlocks leading to the final mission of bringing him down once all missions have been completed. Such a rich universe to tap from. Surprised actually in light of the Street Fighter table this one has not come to be.

Rant over lol
    XBLA: Opalsuns
    PSN: The_Perfects
    EST and I am up late, add me if you can'f find anyone in the wee hours of the evening

From now on, I start my work in the office every day with reading this forum...

Where were you driving 125 km/hr on the 401 ? I drive to Toronto everyday for work (courier service) and never get to go that fast on it except for holidays maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Brussels_Crow View Post
    Finally!!

And as far as Mortal Kombat... I was playing mainly on the PS3 but also have it for the 360 (super nerd). Have the Arcade sticks too lol.... if you are anyone else is still playing that online I am all about it. The guy who I have matches with is leaving for The Mars Volta tour (he's their soundman) for the Summer so I have literally no one to have matches with on MK that I know online! I rarely play online for that reason, but dig the community here so if you or anyone else is up for some MK action.. I am all about it!

Rant over lol
    I know there are a few people around here who play it, I haven't had much time with it but I do have the fightsticks for it as well! I know ShoryukenToTheChin is really into fighting games like MK and Street Fighter, I'm sure he'd be willing to play If I have time after E3 and all the craziness of the next few weeks, I might set up some time to play with people from the community. I talk to you guys all day long but never get to play! Time to change that

I know there are a few people around here who play it, I haven't had much time with it but I do have the fightsticks for it as well! I know ShoryukenToTheChin is really into fighting games like MK and Street Fighter, I'm sure he'd be willing to play If I have time after E3 and all the craziness of the next few weeks, I might set up some time to play with people from the community. I talk to you guys all day long but never get to play! Time to change that
    Heheh Barbie knows me all to well, Yeh that would be awesome. I will have an awesome Summer, specially since the European Championship 2012 will be on. Starts on June 8th, will be supporting my Native Portugal, hopefully they can finally win an International Trophy..... FORCA PORTUGAL!

Who can forget ZP2 & Avengers Chronciles, defo gonna be a great Summer.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Bonus View Post
    Where were you driving 125 km/hr on the 401 ? I drive to Toronto everyday for work (courier service) and never get to go that fast on it except for holidays maybe.
    I was driving westbound somewhere between Gananoque and Kingston if I recall correctly. Traffic is frequently cruising at 120-130 around that stretch. Though anything under 120 seems to be safe from a speeding ticket.
    PSN -Zen and Marvel Pinball -Look me up, Maklos

Any updates on a release date?

Quote Originally Posted by The Blind Sniper View Post
    Any updates on a release date?
    We should have our release date in the next couple of days, just need to confirm with Microsoft & Sony!
    *Points up* That's from yesterday.

Talking Its here finally

SIKEEEEEEEEEEE LOL well we will see it on the 4th of July so we can have the fireworks of the tables EXPLODE. So you BETTER CALL YOUR MAMA AKA FUNKASAURUS "My Bad"

Default Time Difference

Been checking if the dates have been posted yet but then i realised if this is an American based forum it's still quite early, its 17:22 here in England and a scorching 26C but for you guys (depending on area) it's only 22 past 9 or 10
    it really would be a doubly glorious day if the dates are posted this afternoon (your Time).
    I'll Check back later.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Heheh Barbie knows me all to well, Yeh that would be awesome. I will have an awesome Summer, specially since the European Championship 2012 will be on. Starts on June 8th, will be supporting my Native Portugal, hopefully they can finally win an International Trophy..... FORCA PORTUGAL!

Who can forget ZP2 & Avengers Chronciles, defo gonna be a great Summer.
    ShoryukenToTheChin,

I'm not a pro, but I'm a vet in fighting games. I played MK2 and 3 professionally back in '94-95 (yeah I was only 12 and 13), and I placed 1st in MK2 and 4th in MK3 in Columbus, OH over 214 people. I'm also a SF guy. I'm very rusty, but I pick up pretty fast. We can have some casuals when you have the time in the summer. Just don't beat me down to bad. LOL
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    ShoryukenToTheChin,

I'm not a pro, but I'm a vet in fighting games. I played MK2 and 3 professionally back in '94-95 (yeah I was only 12 and 13), and I placed 1st in MK2 and 4th in MK3 in Columbus, OH over 214 people. I'm also a SF guy. I'm very rusty, but I pick up pretty fast. We can have some casuals when you have the time in the summer. Just don't beat me down to bad. LOL
    Wow a pro & you think il give ya a beat down, I fear 4 my life now lol.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Wow a pro & you think il give ya a beat down, I fear 4 my life now lol.
    That was 18 years ago man. I'm not the way I use to be. I'm 30 by the way.

I assure you I'm..."better than average" now. Trust me. You'll be the one dumbing down your skills for me.

On topic: Do you really think a MK table could work here?
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Well alas I don 't see it coming next week. There hasn't been much news about the release or anything marvel related so I don't think it will be out on the 29th.

'In May' Looks hopeless.

I can understand delays and I know Most of us here are anxious as heck. We haven't even seen the table previews of Infinity Gauntlet or Fear Itself yet.

My prediction mid June.

Great , I forgot to submit my reply last time and only now that I came back from a few days off I saw my reply "hanging" there XD

So yeah, a bit late but here it is:

Haha this is great! Welcome to the forum by the way! We should have our release date in the next couple of days, just need to confirm with Microsoft & Sony!

I'm at challenge nş 175, but I don't think my VITA will survive to the end, most probably she will kiss a wall before.

On the "exclusive" VITA challenges I'm only at challenge 5 (saving that one for last), I know there's a "Kill 5 Shao Khans" (OMG!) challenge on that tower, which scares the hell out of me, but it seems you can "punch" him in the helmet with the touch-screen to help out, so there's a little help if you get to that challenge.

And btw, ShoryukenToTheChin também és Portuguęs pá?

Default Trailers

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post

I can understand delays and I know Most of us here are anxious as heck. We haven't even seen the table previews of Infinity Gauntlet or Fear Itself yet.
    You can see gameplay videos of all 4 new tables in the related videos on the right hand side of this site.

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/58415/mar...ngers-trailer/

Quote Originally Posted by Casio View Post
    My prediction mid June.
    Which year?

Quote Originally Posted by Casio View Post
    My prediction mid June.
    I have to agree with you.

It doesn't help that Zen decided to showcase these tables at E3. This give Sony and Microsoft an excuse to delay back the release. Showcasing already released games at E3 isn't that appealing. It's better if they are released during or after E3 and Sony/Microsoft know that.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post

It doesn't help that Zen decided to showcase these tables at E3. This give Sony and Microsoft an excuse to delay back the release. Showcasing already released games at E3 isn't that appealing. It's better if they are released during or after E3 and Sony/Microsoft know that.
    Oh gosh I hope you're wrong, but I get the feeling that this may be more true than anything.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

We planned on having these at E3 even when we thought they'd be out during the first half of the month, E3 has nothing to do with the delay, I assure you.

That was 18 years ago man. I'm not the way I use to be. I'm 30 by the way.

I assure you I'm..."better than average" now. Trust me. You'll be the one dumbing down your skills for me.

On topic: Do you really think a MK table could work here?
    Yeh I really would like to see an MK Table for sure, if Zen can make SF work why not MK. Il shoot you a friend request later btw m8.

Quote Originally Posted by MK24ever View Post

And btw, ShoryukenToTheChin também és Portuguęs pá?
    Yep, come from a Portuguese Island called Madeira. My Portuguese is awful since ive lived in the UK near all my life, but when I go to my Homeland on holiday after a week or so it starts flowing back.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

ah, now the "truth" is revealed...

Default Zen 2 + Tables @ E3

I don't think Zen Studios have any say over the powers that be (Microsoft/Sony), maybe Microsoft/Sony want to announce the dates themselves at E3 while they are showcasing them, looks likely to be released between 5th/6th to 12th/13th June, I'm wondering how much power Microsoft/Sony have over Zen, is it a case of "you release them when we say, not untill?", does Barbie have an update for us?

I don't think Zen Studios have any say over the powers that be (Microsoft/Sony), maybe Microsoft/Sony want to announce the dates themselves at E3 while they are showcasing them, looks likely to be released between 5th/6th to 12th/13th June, I'm wondering how much power Microsoft/Sony have over Zen, is it a case of "you release them when we say, not untill?", does Barbie have an update for us?
    ZP2 was not released on time because it simply wasn't ready. Same with Avengers Chronicles, and we wanted them to come out around the same time.The delay has absolutely nothing to do with E3. We should have our date confirmed by Sony and Microsoft next week.

This trend to rush games and deliber them half-assed (we should be credited as beta testers in half the crap "big" companies put out these days) is getting ridiculously out of hand.
    It's a good excuse to overprice already in disc DLC too...

Take your time and polish the game. A couple of weeks is not going to kill anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by M1N0RA View Post
    This trend to rush games and deliber them half-assed (we should be credited as beta testers in half the crap "big" companies put out these days) is getting ridiculously out of hand.
    It's a good excuse to overprice already in disc DLC too...

Take your time and polish the game. A couple of weeks is not going to kill anybody.
    I agree, I'd rather put out a game that works than shove it out the door before it is ready. Thanks for understanding

We should have our date confirmed by Sony and Microsoft next week.
    Although I'm disappointed, I do understand. There are games out there that should not have been released. Although there are some companies that may not have a choice as their publishers want the product out and into the masses regardless. *cough SWTOR *cough

I guess we still have to wait a couple more weeks for these to come out. Also I guess we might have new of upcoming tables in E3 as well. Or at least I think that might be the plan.

Although I'm disappointed, I do understand. There are games out there that should not have been released. Although there are some companies that may not have a choice as their publishers want the product out and into the masses regardless. *cough SWTOR *cough

I guess we still have to wait a couple more weeks for these to come out. Also I guess we might have new of upcoming tables in E3 as well. Or at least I think that might be the plan.
    +1, that is all

Default I Understand

ZP2 was not released on time because it simply wasn't ready. Same with Avengers Chronicles, and we wanted them to come out around the same time.The delay has absolutely nothing to do with E3. We should have our date confirmed by Sony and Microsoft next week.
    I get the point now, it would be awful to wait and then get an awful game at the end, better to leave it and make sure it;s as good as it can be.

incidentally Barbie, this might be really jumping the gun as we don't have ZP2 yet, but I read that FX3 is in development due for release in 2013, does that mean we could have a ZP3 or have you put what you've newly discovered in terms of graphics and physics for FX3 into ZP2 while you've got the chance to do it?

still waiting , haven't been playing in a while because there is no point in trying to beat my previous scores since all the scores will be put back to zero.
    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Quote Originally Posted by maink View Post
    still waiting , haven't been playing in a while because there is no point in trying to beat my previous scores since all the scores will be put back to zero.
    just checked the ZP2 FAQ again & i think from what we can read there, about the Scores,
    they will only go back to zero if you deleate you're old ZP1 & MP.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dicepticon79 View Post
    just checked the ZP2 FAQ again & i think from what we can read there, about the Scores,
    they will only go back to zero if you deleate you're old ZP1 & MP.....
    I just might have to delete both MP and ZEN only because I don't have much space on my drive. Plus I need room for more tables from both Zen and Pinball Arcade.

Also what about phoenix Comic con? Is there any presence there? I have to work this weekend (Have to because the hospitality industry is so slow out here in PHX)
    Last edited by tenorhero; 05-26-2012 at 05:25 AM.

Scores will not transfer from Zen/Marvel pinball to ZP2, but they will stay intact in their own right. I don't think deleting them will delete your scores either, that stuff is saved in the save data from what I know.

I'm going to miss seeing my old Marvel high scores on ZP2. At one point, I had much more time to play and was able to achieve some good scores.
    Now with ZP2, I barely have time to play and I certainly dont have the time for the 7-9 hour tables like Wolverine.
    But maybe over time I'll be able to post some of my high scores again.

Default Checking in the morning

I know from her profile that Barbie is in SF, so I don't ever expect to get my release date early in the morning. Still here at am checking at 7am hoping that the allmighty moderator, stumbling home from a late night of boozing gets a late night message from MS and drunk dials an update before passing out. Stay hydrated B, and don't be afraid to pass along the news at any hour or any condition. Clearly we are hopeful well beyond reason that our date will be revealed every time we check.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Scores will not transfer from Zen/Marvel pinball to ZP2, but they will stay intact in their own right. I don't think deleting them will delete your scores either, that stuff is saved in the save data from what I know.
    And even if you delete the game save. The leader boards will still have your highest scores recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by AHell View Post
    I know from her profile that Barbie is in SF, so I don't ever expect to get my release date early in the morning.
    We won't get a release date until Tuesday at the earliest for a couple of other reasons.

1.) It's the weekend, Zen's offices and Sony's offices are closed. Although, Barbie does pop up here over the weekend, she is probably doing it from home.

2.) It's a holiday weekend, so the offices will be closed on Monday too.
    Last edited by shogun00; 05-26-2012 at 09:43 PM.

We won't get a release date until Tuesday at the earliest for of a couple other reasons.

1.) It's the weekend, Zen's offices and Sony's offices are closed. Although, Barbie does pop up here over the weekend, she is probably doing it from home.

1. Barbie is actually a prisoner at Zen's offices. She lives in a cage and they feed her eels and fishheads.

2. I know it is a holiday weekend, but thanks for smashing my optomisim.

I get the point now, it would be awful to wait and then get an awful game at the end, better to leave it and make sure it;s as good as it can be.

incidentally Barbie, this might be really jumping the gun as we don't have ZP2 yet, but I read that FX3 is in development due for release in 2013, does that mean we could have a ZP3 or have you put what you've newly discovered in terms of graphics and physics for FX3 into ZP2 while you've got the chance to do it?
    We would likely stagger them, and release ZP3, or whatever we ended up creating after ZP2 (weird to even think about that haha) much later after FX3. That's just judging from the previous releases of PFX, 1 & 2, and ZP 1 & 2.

Quote Originally Posted by AHell View Post
    I know from her profile that Barbie is in SF, so I don't ever expect to get my release date early in the morning. Still here at am checking at 7am hoping that the allmighty moderator, stumbling home from a late night of boozing gets a late night message from MS and drunk dials an update before passing out. Stay hydrated B, and don't be afraid to pass along the news at any hour or any condition. Clearly we are hopeful well beyond reason that our date will be revealed every time we check.
    Hahahaha Generally, we'll announce dates around 9-10 am PST.

We won't get a release date until Tuesday at the earliest for a couple of other reasons.

Oh you're a smart one, Shogun! I do work from home. And even though it's a holiday, I can't tear myself away from you guys! We should have our official date in the next couple of days

We would likely stagger them, and release ZP3, or whatever we ended up creating after ZP2 (weird to even think about that haha) much later after FX3. That's just judging from the previous releases of PFX, 1 & 2, and ZP 1 & 2.

That would be awesome to release a PBFX3 and ZP3 at the same time. ZP2 is definitely warranted though. We're behind on the physics. LOL To have a simultaneous release for new platforms for both consoles with 4 different tables for each would really be frickin' SWEET!!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

while waiting.... Check out some gameplay for all 4 tables. World War Hulk being his longest session. (Aside form Epic Quest)

http://www.twitch.tv/psnation/b/319581843

Thank JasonC11 for the link and unexpected Stream

My thoughts.

World War Hulk does seem to have characteristics of Iron Man with the multiple ramp and loops abound. Like the difficulty of the Hulk Vs Iron man shot. That shot on the left looks pretty tough. All In all This table looks really interesting in that each ramp/loop need multiple hits in order to do the respective mission etc. Much like
    Iron Man. Might be my favorite of the bunch

Fear itself.

Very interesting table though he didn't play it that long. Seems like lot's of mission picking which character missions to do. The Magna loop looks very interesting how that incorporates into the game-play. Have to see for myself of course.

Infinity Gauntlet.

By far the most interesting out of the whole bunch. The alternative reality Gem is by the most interesting thing on the table. Reminds of Black Hole table from Gottlieb on the Pinball Arcade. That and there seems to be different colors associated with Gems. They obviously do different things but we still don't know.

Avengers -

Hard to describe what I saw on this table. Other than what we know each ball has bonuses depending on which one we use. Looks like there will be a 6 ball multi-ball looks fun.

As far as physics. Watching him play Epic quest I did notice some improvement. Hard to tell though as we don't have this in our hands. We will know soon enough. Wish I had a chance to play like this guy. Who is this guy anyway? and How does he get to try this before anyone else? Most likely media related. Lucky him.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 05-28-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Infinity Gauntlet.

Reminds of Black Hole table from Gottlieb on the Pinball Arcade.
    Please don't say that. I absolutely HATE Black Hole. That is the worst table.

Words can't express the loathing that exudes from me when I play that table.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Oh you're a smart one, Shogun! I do work from home. And even though it's a holiday, I can't tear myself away from you guys! We should have our official date in the next couple of days
    Next couple of days you say? So by Wednesday we should know fo' sho'? Please don't tease me, Barbie. My little heart can't take it.
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    Next couple of days you say? So by Wednesday we should know fo' sho'? Please don't tease me, Barbie. My little heart can't take it.
    Hopefully that is the case as waiting for a date is easier when one knows it lol.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

It doesn't remind me of that table at all, quite frankly

Didn't mean to make you regress to a harsh time in your life. I thought because the flippers were on top. That's all I'm saying.

I don't care for Black Hole either. I can't get into that table at all. My fave is Theater of magic and Ripley's. Medieval Madness and fun house Cirqus Votaire would be there as well whenever they release them. Looks like June will be a pinball Fans dream If you like both Zen And Pinball Arcade.

If the announcement comes this week, which would hopefully mean its release is next week, that'd be best. It'll release on the Vita between Resistance and Gravity Rush/Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, which gives it a perfect window for saturation (and for me to have time to really sink my teeth into it ).

I'm stoked to be playing all my PS3 tables on my Vita soon, and I'm stoked for those Avengers tables as well. It's gonna' be great!

Didn't mean to make you regress to a harsh time in your life. I thought because the flippers were on top. That's all I'm saying.

I don't care for Black Hole either. I can't get into that table at all. My fave is Theater of magic and Ripley's. Medieval Madness and fun house Cirqus Votaire would be there as well whenever they release them. Looks like June will be a pinball Fans dream If you like both Zen And Pinball Arcade.
    If you don't know how to get the 3-ball multiball on Black Hole, read the instructions on how to and then concentrate on accomplishing that. This is the method I used to learn to love Black Hole. The table has only a few features, but it's so volatile that any misstep can lose a ball. Focusing on just getting that 3-ball multiball so that I can hit all the lower targets a ton and score a nest of extra balls makes the risk of a chaotic moment so deliciously intense.

Default Time Difference

Hahahaha Generally, we'll announce dates around 9-10 am PST.
    So that would be around 4-5pm GMT (not sure if you guys are using Daylight Savings, but we went +1 in March)

So that would be around 4-5pm GMT (not sure if you guys are using Daylight Savings, but we went +1 in March)
    Yes, California is using Daylight Savings. It technically should be PDT right now and not PST.

With the exception of a few states in Mountain Time (MST), the majority of the states in the USA participate in Daylight Savings.
    Last edited by shogun00; 05-29-2012 at 03:32 PM.

I just saw a tweet! could it perhaps be a zp2 release date? could said date be next tuesday? Sooo, excited to get to playing the zp1 tables on my Vita

Default No Official Date

I sent a tweet to Zen studios asking if they had an actual release date for ZP2 as nothing seems to have shown up here.

the reply I got (selected and copied from the reply tweet) was:

No official date for ZP2 yet, we're still in certification.

I sent a tweet to Zen studios asking if they had an actual release date for ZP2 as nothing seems to have shown up here.

the reply I got (selected and copied from the reply tweet) was:

No official date for ZP2 yet, we're still in certification.
    I've been saying the same thing on here as well. By the way, you can ask here or on Twitter, I moderate/post for both

What is certification anyways?
    PSN ID: draig3791

Quote Originally Posted by draig3791 View Post
    What is certification anyways?
    Waiting for Sony to approve the content and issue a release date for the said content.
    Last edited by shogun00; 05-30-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Ah, thanks Shogun

I've been saying the same thing on here as well. By the way, you can ask here or on Twitter, I moderate/post for both
    Ah, good to know that. Thanks Barbie

LOL, zing!

Quote Originally Posted by draig3791 View Post
    Ah, good to know that. Thanks Barbie
    No worries Pretty much anything that is Zen and can be commented on, I'm there. Unless its a PS Blog, usually Neil/Mel/Zsolt handle those.

Default Dates Revealed at E3

I've just been watching the video of ZP2 and the new tables that was posted a few posts ago further up the list, at 1:10:48 into the video the guy playing the new tables actually says the date will be revealed at E3.

now I know Barbie said the release dates have nothing at all to do with E3 but why would he say that if it isn't true?

I've just been watching the video of ZP2 and the new tables that was posted a few posts ago further up the list, at 1:10:48 into the video the guy playing the new tables actually says the date will be revealed at E3.

now I know Barbie said the release dates have nothing at all to do with E3 but why would he say that if it isn't true?
    Because at that point (last week), we had planned on having our date by E3. This might not be the case after all.

Well it would be awesome news to reveal it at E3 if you could, get medium imo.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I guess Pure speculation but the guy in that video said In his opinion it would be around E3. I know she said it doesn't have to do with E3 but it would be logical to announce it then since there will be many will be watching to see what's new. Good Advertising for them. I just wish they will just say it. As it it's mid week so it looks like we wont see the release on June 5th. Which is in the middle of E3. June 12th, 19th or 26th then.

sigh I guess I'll have to play D3 until then I wanted something to pry me away from D3. New tables form either Zen or Pinball arcade will do that.

Because at that point (last week), we had planned on having our date by E3. This might not be the case after all.
    Say it aint so Barbie....... Say it aint so!!!!!
    Last edited by tenorhero; 05-30-2012 at 11:12 PM.

Default Thanks for your answer.

Thanks Barbie, I was just wandering , by the way all of you guys at zen have done a really epic job, I mainly watch a little bit of a vid to get an idea of the look and gameplay, but right from the first table I was hooked.

and I genuinely sat open mouthed with amazement can't wait to play them in 3D.

Say it aint so Barbie....... Say it aint so!!!!!
    I know! It's been such a roller coaster of getting my hopes up and then not getting our date for so long! But, I know it will just be that much better once we do release it.

I know! It's been such a roller coaster of getting my hopes up and then not getting our date for so long! But, I know it will just be that much better once we do release it.
    All to true Barbie, it's just making it that much sweeter for when Sony does announce it and gets it release ^^

Default Release date

I'm sorry but I think it's absolutely ridiculous that there is no word on release date for the new Marvel tables, particularly since one of them is a direct tie-in with the movie. I know that you're likely going to shuffle the blame onto certification or whatever, but this is a great disservice to your customers. This reeks of poor planning and worse execution. If you didn't know, then you should not have said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by drue View Post
    I'm sorry but I think it's absolutely ridiculous that there is no word on release date for the new Marvel tables, particularly since one of them is a direct tie-in with the movie. I know that you're likely going to shuffle the blame onto certification or whatever, but this is a great disservice to your customers. This reeks of poor planning and worse execution. If you didn't know, then you should not have said anything.
    If it's not ready, then it's not ready...pure and simple. It's a disservice to throw out a release date, only to see it be pushed back. It's better to have the real release date and game at 100% ready for the customer than to throw it out to the public half-arsed. We are all a little upset about the release date, but there is nothing we can do, and if you want to believe their reasons or not, it's up to you.

Wink Diservice

He is right Zen kept saying May guess what NOT..... lol I never believe a word Zen says...but still love the product. Look at this way at least Zen is playing the New Tables LOL. The tables should have came out with the movie NOT. But anyway I will Be Back tomorrow to see whats in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    If it's not ready, then it's not ready...pure and simple.
    You would be correct, but we are waiting for a release DATE, not the game to be released tomorrow. Even if it's not ready, they are in the finish and it should not be too hard to make an estimation (even if it's a careful one) to set a target date.

Alright, let's put this to rest already. Zen, to my knowledge, has never given anything other then general release windows for it's products. There are good reasons for this. Zen has expanded the number of platforms they support and with this comes more potential for bugs and delays. There are more approvals to be secured and we all know how MS and Sony are with that. Now throw in Apple and Android. I'm sure Zen wants to release across the spectrum of platforms within a small window. I'm also confident that if there were issues with development MS and Sony were fine with holding the release until during or after E3 to get more exposure for the game. Anything Avengers will be a big hit especially with the lack of a movie tie-in game (thankfully).

So, with all that being said, the only honest mistake I think Zen made was giving May as the potential release month. My advice would be to stick with "Coming Soon" from now on. Besides all of us fans I'm quite positive everyone at Zen wants this product published and, more importantly, working properly across all platforms.
    PSN: ThorNH68

Quote Originally Posted by drue View Post
    I agree, it is ridiculous that we don't have a date yet. We've been publishing on digital platforms for about 5 years now, but I can tell you, each submission/certification process is unique. Once we submitted it, the time frame for the release was mid-May. Obviously that did not happen and we missed the window we wanted (as close to the movie release as possible). We kept waiting to hear back on a date, and Sony & MS kept pushing it back further because the game wasn't ready. I know it's frustrating for you guys to have to wait, but it's frustrating for us to submit a game and have it turned down because it isn't ready, then we have to go back in and fix the problem. I don't blame Sony or Microsoft though, I'd rather it go out later than expected than come out on time and full of bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by ilyr View Post
    You would be correct, but we are waiting for a release DATE, not the game to be released tomorrow. Even if it's not ready, they are in the finish and it should not be too hard to make an estimation (even if it's a careful one) to set a target date.
    We have been in the final stages for a while, but they kept finding things that needed to be fixed. It would be completely unfair to estimate because each week we would just be saying that it will be out in 2 weeks. 2 weeks would go by and we'd have nothing. I understand that you guys want a solid date, we do too. Digital distribution is a lot more of a guessing game than retail, they get their dates months and months before, while we usually get about a 2-3 week window. In situations like this, we have to just roll with it. It's definitely not ideal, but we just have to be patient.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast