Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Release date??

Default Dlc

Is Pinball Arcade having the new tables come out today

Quote Originally Posted by pinballfreak69 View Post
    Is Pinball Arcade having the new tables come out today
    Four new tables come out next week (6/26) on the PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Four new tables come out next week (6/26) on the PS3.
    Also in the mid July, we'll get Monster Bash and Gorgar.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

I have actually been having fun with Gorgar on iOS. I thought I would hate it. I don't think it has any replay value because it has a very simple playfield and rule sets. But it does have that nostalgia factor.

i feel the same way about Black Hole except its not really fun, not much replay valve and the field is kind of annoying thou :/

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    Hey SP, do the PS cards in the U.K. look like the U.S? I have what we were talking about.
    Yes they look the same, they used to be scratch cards in a game type case but now they are black with the PSN logo and hang on a rack, when you buy them they discard the card and you get the code printed on a reciept, as for the vita it uses the money you topped up using the PSN card on the PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by SteWieH View Post
    i feel the same way about Black Hole except its not really fun, not much replay valve and the field is kind of annoying thou :/
    Once I figured out how to avoid being ejected, I started enjoying it more (Above the flippers, it changes from open to closed, and let your ball go through when it's open).

I like black hole. Except there was a camera bug that caused it to remain zoomed in on the lower playfield when the ball drained. I haven't played it since the new update though. They may have fixed it

Default New Tables

The store took a while to update but at 4:15pm I got the tables, I think they are fantastic, Gonna be spending some time to see what scores I can get.
    Can't wait to see what other tables they have lined up for ZP 2

By the way, just updated my forum profile, decided to share some of my Art with you all, so if your interested go to my profile and visitor messages for the link, as said in the message future stuff will be posted in the album here on my profile.
    Last edited by Scarl3tPirat3; 06-21-2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Added Info

It seems everyone is so busy playing the new tables they don't have time to post any comments, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarl3tPirat3 View Post
    It seems everyone is so busy playing the new tables they don't have time to post any comments, lol.
    Head on over to the Xbox 360 (Pinball FX 2) board. There are a few official threads on the new tables and both the 360 gamers and PS3 gamers are chatting about the tables over there. We are doing this so it will be easy for STTC to make the table guides.

Default Waiting on Tables

The new tables look good. I bought a Vita in may for Zen 2 so I'm going to wait to get them once it comes out. It'll be tough but I prefer pinball on handhelds and want them to be new to me when I first play them on Vita.

Hi sorry to bother you guys. i saw that Marvel pinbal 3d is hitting the 3ds on the 28th of July. is this when we should be expecting Zp2 an/or Marvel Pinball for the vita? or will it come out before that? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SteWieH View Post
    Hi sorry to bother you guys. i saw that Marvel pinbal 3d is hitting the 3ds on the 28th of July. is this when we should be expecting Zp2 an/or Marvel Pinball for the vita? or will it come out before that? Thanks
    Mid/Late July, so it's possible.

ZP2 should be out mid-late July. We're updating all of the existing tables for it, so it needed a lot of testing before we release it, which is the reason for the delay. Also, Marvel Pinball 3DS will launch this week on June 28th, not July 28th.
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 06-25-2012 at 04:08 PM.

oh fail reading on my part XD yea i knew when the release time window was for Zp/MP. i am honestly looking forward to it. Porbbaly buying a few table packs at once

So much pinball lately. I feel pretty blessed right now. Today there are tables coming for TPA on PS3, then hopefully we'll get our ZP2 like 2-3 weeks later. Then by the end of the summer, hopefully, we'll get that one table everyone is speculating on.

I'd say this is the year of pinball. No doubt!
    Last edited by Rafie; 06-26-2012 at 05:08 PM.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

So much pinball lately. I feel pretty blessed right now. Today there are tables coming for TPA on PS3, then hopefully we'll get our ZP2 like 2-3 weeks later. Then by the end of the summer, hopefully, we'll get that one table everyone is speculating on.

I'd say this a the year of pinball. No doubt!
    Pinball players are so SPOILED this year!

On the new Pinball Arcade tables:

I just picked them up for my PS3 version, and they're broken. I've installed them twice and they don't show up in the game at all. Very disappointing.

Now, I'm sure they'll have a software update soon that will fix it, but this illustrates the difference in quality when it comes to Zen. I do love playing Pinball Arcade, though it has it's flaws and glitches. But Zen is just so... awesome!

Avengers may have been delayed but when I picked the tables up last week, I was able to play them and enjoy them. Zen 2 may be delayed, but I'm sure it will also be worth the wait, much better than getting an earlier release and big disappointment.

Or in PA's case, a month delay and still broken (2 of these tables were for May).

Quote Originally Posted by devilmosh View Post
    On the new Pinball Arcade tables:

I just picked them up for my PS3 version, and they're broken. I've installed them twice and they don't show up in the game at all. Very disappointing.

Now, I'm sure they'll have a software update soon that will fix it, but this illustrates the difference in quality when it comes to Zen. I do love playing Pinball Arcade, though it has it's flaws and glitches. But Zen is just so... awesome!

Avengers may have been delayed but when I picked the tables up last week, I was able to play them and enjoy them. Zen 2 may be delayed, but I'm sure it will also be worth the wait, much better than getting an earlier release and big disappointment.

Or in PA's case, a month delay and still broken (2 of these tables were for May).
    Redownloading the demo should fix this.

They announced that they're releasing a patch this evening that will be necessary to fix the Pinball Arcade DLC issue. Hope it works!

Quote Originally Posted by devilmosh View Post
    They announced that they're releasing a patch this evening that will be necessary to fix the Pinball Arcade DLC issue. Hope it works!
    Sweet, guess I'll wait 'till the patch drops. Thanks for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Redownloading the demo should fix this.
    Yes! According to their FB page. They released the patch in the newly released demo. You just need to download it and it will fix the problem.
    Last edited by shogun00; 06-27-2012 at 12:58 AM.

Yep, downloading and re-installing the demo did the trick. Not only that, but so far, some of the annoying glitches seem to have been addressed, so kudos to Farsight on that. In fact, I don't even see the Facebook feature at all, anymore, that was screwing things up a bit.

Thanks for pointing out their FB page, too. I hunted that down.

Patch hasn't dropped yet, guess I'll do the re-download.

You are all so lucky, I just looked for PA, all we have in UK is Zen Pinball, Marvel Pinball, Pinball Dreams and Pinball Fantasies for the PS3 and Pinball Heroes & Gottlieb Pinball Classics for the PSP, maybe we'll get it in tomorrows update?

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Patch hasn't dropped yet, guess I'll do the re-download.
    On a side note: You don't have to delete the previous demo. The redownload will overwrite it, since the demo is different. The original demo was only a little over 200MB, while the new demo over 320MB.

On a side note: You don't have to delete the previous demo. The redownload will overwrite it, since the demo is different. The original demo was only a little over 200MB, while the new demo over 320MB.
    Well, their are no trophies for them yet (apparently they are adding them around July/August) so I think I'll hold off on them anyways. I don't want to earn things twice, especially if it's hard to do so.

Yeah I finished the standard goals of all of the tables, but I refuse to accomplish the wizard goals without getting the trophies with it. Some of them are really difficult.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

I really hope we get some kind of new table pack with ZP2. I believe Zen Studios has released table packs with each new major iteration of their different platforms. FX1, FX2, marvel pinball, ZP1 (PS3 and mobile platforms).

Not gonna happen this time, we originally planned to have Avengers out at the same time as ZP2, but it didn't happen that way.

I really hope we get some kind of new table pack with ZP2. I believe Zen Studios has released table packs with each new major iteration of their different platforms. FX1, FX2, marvel pinball, ZP1 (PS3 and mobile platforms).
    I've stated the same concerns in earlier posts before. I'll try to sound politically correct without sounding ungrateful. ZP2 will have its own tables. As of right now, ZP2 will release on the PS3 and Vita for FREE! That's what we're getting for now outside of the new physics and trophies that comes with all the older tables and even some of the Marvel tables. I'm grateful for that.

Don't forget we're getting a PopCap themed table that should be out by the end of the summer, amongst other things. ZP2 will be done right. Zen hasn't forgotten about that.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Not gonna happen this time, we originally planned to have Avengers out at the same time as ZP2, but it didn't happen that way.
    And that's fine by me. We have 26 tables with all new trophies, physics, options, online play and enhanced leader boards to keep us busy. The 78+ trophies (3 per table) alone will keep me busy for a couple of months.

And that's fine by me. We have 26 tables with all new trophies, physics, options, online play and enhanced leader boards to keep us busy. The 78+ trophies (3 per table) alone will keep me busy for a couple of months.
    *cough* for free *cough*

Hey in my defense I did say "FREE"!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Haha yes, you did!

I usually play on 360, but I think I'll be playing more PS3 once we launch ZP2

Bummer. Don't ge me wrong, the updated physics and graphics are greatly appreciated. I will definitely be getting more of the older tables. Hopefully, a lot of the table bugs listed in the forums will be fixed as well which would really be appreciated. Trophies, online play, enhanced leader boards(?) doesn't really do anything for me. But it is a free update which is also great. However, it feels a bit anticlimactic to release this huge update without new DLC. A couple new tables that were designed to specifically show off the new game engine would have been cool. I would be willing to wait for zp2 to coincide with the release of the popcap game or other new tables (I think I heard about a civil war table).

Not likely, right now the PopCap table release is scheduled to be a bit later than ZP2. As far as having new content to show off ZP2, I think all the tables with major updates/new physics/bug fixes will show off its capabilities just fine.

Haha yes, you did!

I usually play on 360, but I think I'll be playing more PS3 once we launch ZP2
    I usually play on 360 as well. I did promise myself and others that I will be playing more on the PS3 when ZP2 launches though. The updated physics will definitely change a lot for me. I think that's why I don't play ZP1 as much. It's all good. I'm looking forward to the new trophy requirements. Especially for Iron Man. Hahahaha Please no Ultimo, or at least make the requirements for getting to him a little less strict.

All heck, it doesn't matter. Just lay it on me already! LOL
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Not likely, right now the PopCap table release is scheduled to be a bit later than ZP2. As far as having new content to show off ZP2, I think all the tables with major updates/new physics/bug fixes will show off its capabilities just fine.
    I'm glad to hear that. Hopefully, the updates/new physics/bug fixes to preexisting tables will be enough to bring in new customers and significantly expand the user base and make the whole effort worth it.

I'm glad to hear that. Hopefully, the updates/new physics/bug fixes to preexisting tables will be enough to bring in new customers and significantly expand the user base and make the whole effort worth it.
    The open platform will be enough to bring in new customers. Chatting with friends that don't buy the latest tables say its because they can't sample them.

Zen Pinball 2 takes care of that problem (demo for every table) and you can buy the tables (individual or bundles) directly through the platform.

Agreed, playing the demo is definitely what hooked me, so I can see where playing demos of ALL the tables would win more people over. For me, it was mainly from enjoying El Dorado so much in the demo and being drawn to play Tesla (still one of my favs to this day). And of course, if many are like me, they'll get addicted enough to where they gotta have 'em all!

When I love a game and I see a screen full of incomplete parts, I want to unlock them all. Same with PAIN.

*sigh* It's a sickness that I happily embrace.

now if only Demon's crush/Dragon's fury was released for psn i would have access to all my favorite pinball games

Default Glitches

I just hope this extra time allows Zen to trouble shoot all the tables properly. I've been playing Marvel 3D on 3DS and two of the four tables have game ending glitches. Plus a forum started there about it a couple weeks ago but no one from Zen seems interested in responding. Barbie if you read this will you please check it out and let us know. It's hard to miss. It's titled Glitches.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    I just hope this extra time allows Zen to trouble shoot all the tables properly. I've been playing Marvel 3D on 3DS and two of the four tables have game ending glitches. Plus a forum started there about it a couple weeks ago but no one from Zen seems interested in responding. Barbie if you read this will you please check it out and let us know. It's hard to miss. It's titled Glitches.
    We are aware of the issues and I sent the thread to the team already, thanks!

Gah! I do hope ZP2 comes out soon. The wait is sooo killing me
    PSN ID: draig3791

We're all waiting right now. It's coming man. It's coming.....
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Red face

Rafie, please don't take my statement as impatience, it's more pure excitement

Quote Originally Posted by draig3791 View Post
    Rafie, please don't take my statement as impatience, it's more pure excitement
    Oh I didn't take it as impatience. I took it more as an anxious approach. We all can't wait to play it. LOL Just as excited as you are.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Ah okies ^^ btw, may I friend you?

Quote Originally Posted by draig3791 View Post
    Ah okies ^^ btw, may I friend you?
    You sure can. Send it on my way and I'll accept!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Talking

It'll be a little while as I'm having my morning coffee and working on some photo edits,and uploads. Prolly this afternoon (pacific time zone)
    Thanks Rafie

Default Maybe it's not being released this Summer?

I am going to play it safe and say we are looking at Holiday Season 2012 for the actual release.

Not happening this Summer since this time of year is usually a really bad time for the release of new games or movies as we push towards August with people taking vacations and money being spent towards the upcoming school season. Most companies are waiting until the holiday rush to push their big guns towards shoppers or entertainment thrill seekers at that point.

With Zen2 being such a major release for Zen Studios it would make the most sense to wait until the holidays for the haul of PS3 owners who are looking for some zest to spice up their new purchase and for those who already own and have been waiting it gives more time for the viral campaign to take root of anticipation so they get more of boost.

Chances are the numbers they were projecting for this release were falling short of their target so waiting a little while longer to help build the buzz was most likely part of the strategy to get the most bang for their buck. Hence the lack of no show at E3 this year.

Just my opinion, the selfish part of me hopes I am wrong since I am eager to play these tables in 3D
    XBLA: Opalsuns
    PSN: The_Perfects
    EST and I am up late, add me if you can'f find anyone in the wee hours of the evening

Quote Originally Posted by Brussels_Crow View Post
    CUT
    It's been in certification for a while now, I don't think it will be sitting there for 4-5 more months. Not to mention that it's a free download, so I don't think the projecting numbers theory works too well with that.

I think we'll see it soon, like mid august.

I am going to play it safe and say we are looking at Holiday Season 2012 for the actual release.

Not happening this Summer since this time of year is usually a really bad time for the release of new games or movies as we push towards August with people taking vacations and money being spent towards the upcoming school season. Most companies are waiting until the holiday rush to push their big guns towards shoppers or entertainment thrill seekers at that point.

With Zen2 being such a major release for Zen Studios it would make the most sense to wait until the holidays for the haul of PS3 owners who are looking for some zest to spice up their new purchase and for those who already own and have been waiting it gives more time for the viral campaign to take root of anticipation so they get more of boost.

Chances are the numbers they were projecting for this release were falling short of their target so waiting a little while longer to help build the buzz was most likely part of the strategy to get the most bang for their buck. Hence the lack of no show at E3 this year.

Just my opinion, the selfish part of me hopes I am wrong since I am eager to play these tables in 3D
    It will not be that late, I can assure you. Like I said, the certification process is going well, and we should have our date in the next couple of weeks.

That's great news!!! Pure excitement in those prospects for me ^^

It will not be that late, I can assure you. Like I said, the certification process is going well, and we should have our date in the next couple of weeks.
    Sorry you have to be the one to keep assuring everyone that ZP2 is coming soon. I say that because I'm starting to feel like everyone thinks you're the bearer of bad news.

You really aren't. You're nice and patient enough with all of us here in the forums to tell us to "keep our shirts on", so to speak. I know its in a much nicer saying though. I applaud you for putting up with the impatience here. It's not their (our) fault, everyone is just excited to play the tables on a new platform. We know you are as well. Everyone needs some reassurance here and there, and I wanted to reassure you that we definitely appreciate you staying patient with us, while we're being...er..trying to be patient for ZP2. Thanks Barbie!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Default The Wait is a Good Thing

While I'd love to have the game asap just like most people I don't mind waiting if the extra time equates to a properly functioning game.
    As someone who also owns the 3DS games I can tell you that as much fun Marvel is I would have rather waited for ZEN to put out a properly working game than release the game as they did, with 1 of 4 tables unplayably broken, 2 others have ball ending glitches, and all with something in the ball physics that sends the ball airborne, often over the flippers, far more than it should.
    They've said the issues will be addressed but I wonder if the time from now to whenever that happens won't end up being longer than if they'd delayed it and fixed it before hand.
    Like I said though, it's still fun yet it's equally frustrating. So hopefully we can take solace in that this delay could at least be in part to a lesson learned by ZEN. I'm sure they don't want a repeat of Marvel 3D any more than the players do.

It's definitively better than buying the likes of Diablo 3/CoD/Battlefield only to find out that half the game doesn't even work properly and the other half is on-disc locked content.
    Just be patient guys.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate your patience! I don't mind having to reassure everyone and I'm glad that you don't take offense when I don't have good news for you. I know you guys will love Zen Pinball 2, so it's always hard to say that I don't have good news (or any news) about it. The hardest part is trying to make people understand that we do want them to play it, but at the same time, we don't want to sacrifice quality just to get it out the door.

I must be the luckest guy around, only bought Zenpinball laast weekend for the PS3 and relized now that I'm going to get it free for the VITA soon !!!

Red face Plus you shoud already have FX2 pinball on XBOX!

Come on Brussels Crow don't be like that, spreddin' gossip and propaganda.
    Last edited by theRonlyConly97; 07-26-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Red face Plus you should already have FX2 pinball on XBOX!

Thanks guys! I really appreciate your patience! I don't mind having to reassure everyone and I'm glad that you don't take offense when I don't have good news for you. I know you guys will love Zen Pinball 2, so it's always hard to say that I don't have good news (or any news) about it. The hardest part is trying to make people understand that we do want them to play it, but at the same time, we don't want to sacrifice quality just to get it out the door.
    BarbieBobomb what's with that dude trying to put every one in panic mode? Chill man, it will be out very soon. No need for your "Theories".

Default Panic? lol no.

Quote Originally Posted by theRonlyConly97 View Post
    BarbieBobomb what's with that dude trying to put every one in panic mode? Chill man, it will be out very soon. No need for your "Theories".
    lol not trying to cause any panic, only merely stating why there may be delays.

I love Zen Pinball (Marvel), I own it with all the tables available for the PS3, 360, 3DS and my Iphone4.

I want Z2 for the PS3 to be a resounding success, and yes I realize it's a "Free" upgrade for those of us who already own it and all the tables but there are plenty of new customers that will be on the horizon with the re-launch that is surely to get attention in the PSN Store upon release.

Also factor in those of us who own 3D Tvs and the desire for more 3D content available on the PSN this will entice some new players to jump in and give Z2 a go.

My statements were only pertaining to the hour at which we are arriving in terms of the market place and why it may make sense for that reason (in addition to the fine tuning of the game) to wait in a launch so they have a better opportunity at attracting more customers. That benefits all of us in the long to have more players online IMO.

Nothing I said was in any way to try and create panic lol . Just something to make conversation while we all eagerly await the release of Z2.
    XBLA: Opalsuns
    PSN: The_Perfects
    EST and I am up late, add me if you can'f find anyone in the wee hours of the evening

lol not trying to cause any panic, only merely stating why there may be delays.
    Yeah, but those reasons are pretty moot. Zen has stated several times why ZP2 has been getting delayed (stuck in certification hell). It has nothing to do with it being the Summer.

Not to mention, you are comparing apples (physical releases) to screws (digital releases) here. In a retail market, Summer is a slow time of the year for the entertainment industry (sans movie theaters). However, that doesn't apply to the digital market. The PSN Store sales stay consistent pretty much all year long from what Sony has said in their Blog.
    Last edited by shogun00; 07-26-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Funny really. I had an inkling that ZP2 might not be out by at least August, and that also coincided with my employment contact ending. So in that regard I wasn't particularly looking forward for that month.

But now that my contract has been extended, I am once again looking forward for some improved pinball action!
    PSN: Jeppo99
    Feel free to friend me, but make sure you mention that you are from these forums.

Wait a minute.. Did I read correctly? Is ZP2 under Sony certification?

Quote Originally Posted by Michelasso View Post
    Wait a minute.. Did I read correctly? Is ZP2 under Sony certification?
    Yep, anything released on PS3 or Vita has to go through Sony's certification process.

Fantastic. Let's hope they don't reject it!
    PSN: Jeppo99
    Feel free to friend me, but make sure you mention that you are from these forums.

When it is NOT a great time to play Zen pinball? I mean, really? Anytime is the right time, baby

Red face 1080p

I assume ZP2 will run in that resolution, PA does!

Thumbs up ole

ok cool the new marvel package is already installed and i wondered , why there is no merch with all tables out yet but then i thought "hey take a look into the forum and you will know it" tadatadaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Kemetman View Post
    I assume ZP2 will run in that resolution, PA does!
    I wouldn't automatically assume that. I know marvel pinball runs at 720p. Though it would be nice if it ran natively in 1080p as long as there is not a significant hit to performance.

I wouldn't automatically assume that. I know marvel pinball runs at 720p. Though it would be nice if it ran natively in 1080p as long as there is not a significant hit to performance.
    Yeah and it's possible that ZP2 will also just be 720p, since it has 3D support. 3D is limited to 720p on the PS3. Zen could still support 1080p in the game, but it will need to focus on both resolutions. This can be rather time consuming for a small company, but it has been done on other games such as Mortal Kombat.

Wow, I haven't been here in about a month. The last time I was here the news was "release date in a couple weeks". And sadly, that still seems to be the story... Zen you shouldn't get people's hopes up about an imminent release date, and then just not do it. My excitement level for ZP2 has dropped significantly... Me thinks there are more bugs in the game than they expected...

I know the wait has been long but I know it will be worth it. I would rather have a polished and bug free game come out delayed than a rushed product that might not work 100% the way it should

Quote Originally Posted by NeuroticVows View Post
    I know the wait has been long but I know it will be worth it. I would rather have a polished and bug free game come out delayed than a rushed product that might not work 100% the way it should
    Thanks! I agree, it will be worth the wait, especially considering that it's totally free! Welcome to the forums by the way!

Yep, anything released on PS3 or Vita has to go through Sony's certification process.
    I knew that. But my question was: IS ZP2 under Sony certification [now]? Some posts made me understanding that.

I knew that. But my question was: IS ZP2 under Sony certification [now]? Some posts made me understanding that.
    Yes, it is in the process now, and it looks like everything is going well!

Barbie, please, let me understand: Sony certified Skyrim for PS3 (also called Sky-lag) and all its patches, how can anything go wrong with the Sony certification process?

Barbie, please, let me understand: Sony certified Skyrim for PS3 (also called Sky-lag) and all its patches, how can anything go wrong with the Sony certification process?
    Maybe because Skyrim doesn't have a tool which transfers all your tables from ZP and MP into ZP2. Come on, this is different.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Maybe because Skyrim doesn't have a tool which transfers all your tables from ZP and MP into ZP2. Come on, this is different.
    What tool? As far as I understood ZP2 and its tables are a totally different product than ZP&MP. The only thing that needs to be done is on the PS Store, which will sign with the red icon all our tables for ZP&MP as bought for ZP2 (and PS Vita) as well.

So thinking about it I would say that it is more likely that Sony messed up again and the delay is due to Sony trying to make this new process working in the PS Store…

What tool? As far as I understood ZP2 and its tables are a totally different product than ZP&MP. The only thing that needs to be done is on the PS Store, which will sign with the red icon all our tables for ZP&MP as bought for ZP2 (and PS Vita) as well.

So thinking about it I would say that it is more likely that Sony messed up again and the delay is due to Sony trying to make this new process working in the PS Store…
    Snake is talking about the import tool, it detects which tables you already own so that you can import them into the new platform (ZP2). It had some issues when we first submitted it, but all that should be fine now, just waiting to get our release date.

Snake is talking about the import tool, it detects which tables you already own so that you can import them into the new platform (ZP2). It had some issues when we first submitted it, but all that should be fine now, just waiting to get our release date.
    Oh.. so basically the mechanism will be: we launch ZP2, ZP2 will connect to the PS Store, check the tables we bought for ZP&MP, authorize the download for the equivalent ZP2 tables?

In other words Sony delegated to Zen the responsibility of giving away free games? Oh well, it would be a solution. But if so no wonder it is taking ages. There is money involved. If it is so a bug in the tool and we could end up having any PSN game as a gift.

I believed Sony made an SQL script that took the list of all ZP&MP tables and for each account owning them and added the equivalent ZP2 game in the list of games bought. At that point we just had to download, install and run ZP2. The game would have already had in the main screen all the tables we already own. There would have not been any certification process for it, just for the game, since everything would have been in the Sony side, as it was (is) supposed to be for security reasons.

I rest my case: Sony messed up with the PS Store. Again!!

Hey Barbie, would it be possible for you to tell us who is working on the Doctor Strange and Civil War tables? Or is that confidential?
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    Hey Barbie, would it be possible for you to tell us who is working on the Doctor Strange and Civil War tables? Or is that confidential?
    I don't know off the top of my head who is designing each one, but I can ask

Also, I just noticed your signature, GREAT IDEA!! I'd love to see more people doing this!

Oh.. so basically the mechanism will be: we launch ZP2, ZP2 will connect to the PS Store, check the tables we bought for ZP&MP, authorize the download for the equivalent ZP2 tables?

In other words Sony delegated to Zen the responsibility of giving away free games? Oh well, it would be a solution. But if so no wonder it is taking ages. There is money involved. If it is so a bug in the tool and we could end up having any PSN game as a gift.

I believed Sony made an SQL script that took the list of all ZP&MP tables and for each account owning them and added the equivalent ZP2 game in the list of games bought. At that point we just had to download, install and run ZP2. The game would have already had in the main screen all the tables we already own. There would have not been any certification process for it, just for the game, since everything would have been in the Sony side, as it was (is) supposed to be for security reasons.

I rest my case: Sony messed up with the PS Store. Again!!
    Nope, that was our doing. Something was wrong with our import tool on ZP2, so we had to fix it. We should have a release date in the next week or two, so looks like all is well on the ZP2 front

Man you really are cool one! LOL I can see an "Angel" table then he goes rogue and goes to the dark side a bit for "Archangel". Zen DO IT PLEASE! I would like this table released the same week as my bday. May 15th is my bday.

A God Of War table would be BANANAS!! Unfortunately those on the 360 will be unable to play it.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

A God Of War table would be BANANAS!! Unfortunately those on the 360 will be unable to play it.
    GoW? What are you talking about? Everyone can play a GoW table! (*cough* Gears of War&God of War *cough*)

Man you really are cool one! LOL I can see an "Angel" table then he goes rogue and goes to the dark side a bit for "Archangel". Zen DO IT PLEASE! I would like this table released the same week as my bday. May 15th is my bday.

I think you're the only person on the Archangel bandwagon with me, lol. He's basically my favorite Marvel character, at least from an artistic standpoint. He's just so beautiful, yet so deadly. He could be the villain or the hero on a table. Or both. I wish I could sit down with some Zen guys and pitch my ideas to them on this. I really think there's a lot of things that could be done with the character that would be unique. You could even throw him in there on an Uncanny X-Force table with Deadpool to appease more fans and get a two-for-one, so to speak. Although I do prefer the classic blue and pink Archangel, the newer silver and black version is pretty bad ass as well.

As for the God of War table, it speaks for itself. Everyone knows that table would kick so much ass. They would have to get TC Carson to do the voice of Kratos though. Wouldn't be the same without him. And Xbox could get a Halo table. I'm sure that would appease them.

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Default Deadpool

Most defo Deadpool needs his own Table, would love to see Archangel maybe Age of Apocalypse storyline as he was a key figure in it.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Most defo Deadpool needs his own Table, would love to see Archangel maybe Age of Apocalypse storyline as he was a key figure in it.
    That could work. I would prefer either The Fall of the Mutants or the more recent Dark Angel Saga/Fall of Archangel storylines.

That could work. I would prefer either The Fall of the Mutants or the more recent Dark Angel Saga/Fall of Archangel storylines.
    Aint gonna argue with you there, your our resident Archangel

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Well with that new Deadpool game coming next year, I think Zen should make a table in another Marvel pack to commemorate it. Oh and the Age Of Apocalypse is something I see Zen doing for sure. Of course Civil War, Infinity Gauntlet, amongst others were big Marvel moments. AoA was definitely a big deal. I hope Zen does it. That's why I'm still on the Marvel wagon and I know Zen could do wonders with more.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Gotta love those marvel four packs.The Archangel photo is awesome.

Well with that new Deadpool game coming next year, I think Zen should make a table in another Marvel pack to commemorate it. Oh and the Age Of Apocalypse is something I see Zen doing for sure. Of course Civil War, Infinity Gauntlet, amongst others were big Marvel moments. AoA was definitely a big deal. I hope Zen does it. That's why I'm still on the Marvel wagon and I know Zen could do wonders with more.
    You know, while I would like to see Zen try things other than Marvel next, I must admit... Age of Apocalypse is a hell of a goldmine for interesting ideas, especially since it allows for a fresh spin on all the typical characters. Thanks to their alternate timeline versions.

While it might be overkill, you could do it as a full Marvel 4 pack with 4 tables actually retelling the AoA storyline in a certain chronological order.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Toy View Post
    You know, while I would like to see Zen try things other than Marvel next, I must admit... Age of Apocalypse is a hell of a goldmine for interesting ideas, especially since it allows for a fresh spin on all the typical characters. Thanks to their alternate timeline versions.

While it might be overkill, you could do it as a full Marvel 4 pack with 4 tables actually retelling the AoA storyline in a certain chronological order.
    This would actually be a very interesting concept to see materialise.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by NeuroticVows View Post
    As would I. It was more of a comment on how Zen has been telling us for months that the release date is "a couple weeks away". If it really isn't a couple weeks away, don't say it is. That's kind of a d**k move. Official posts on this page say "mid-late july" lol. Seeing as it's August 2nd, I think that date is not going to be made...

Quote Originally Posted by ChunderCat_COD View Post
    As would I. It was more of a comment on how Zen has been telling us for months that the release date is "a couple weeks away". If it really isn't a couple weeks away, don't say it is. That's kind of a d**k move. Official posts on this page say "mid-late july" lol. Seeing as it's August 2nd, I think that date is not going to be made...
    Once we submit a game for certification, we get a general idea of when it will be through the process and approved for release. If that doesn't happen and we don't make it through cert on the first try, we have to fix things and resubmit our game or DLC. That's why ZP2 was originally slated for May, but we won't likely get our date for another week or two. Being delayed is a huge bummer for us, but I'd rather keep you all in the loop on what's coming (whether that's sooner or later) than just spring ZP2 on you a week or two before it's launched. Right now, ZP2 is looking good and the certification process is going great

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bearded_warrior View Post
    i think you're the only person on the archangel bandwagon with me, lol. He's basically my favorite marvel character, at least from an artistic standpoint. He's just so beautiful, yet so deadly. He could be the villain or the hero on a table. Or both. I wish i could sit down with some zen guys and pitch my ideas to them on this. I really think there's a lot of things that could be done with the character that would be unique. You could even throw him in there on an uncanny x-force table with deadpool to appease more fans and get a two-for-one, so to speak. Although i do prefer the classic blue and pink archangel, the newer silver and black version is pretty bad ass as well.

as for the god of war table, it speaks for itself. Everyone knows that table would kick so much ass. They would have to get tc carson to do the voice of kratos though. Wouldn't be the same without him. And xbox could get a halo table. I'm sure that would appease them.
    that's epic!!!!!!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast