Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Release date??

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Toy View Post
    You know, while I would like to see Zen try things other than Marvel next, I must admit... Age of Apocalypse is a hell of a goldmine for interesting ideas, especially since it allows for a fresh spin on all the typical characters. Thanks to their alternate timeline versions.

While it might be overkill, you could do it as a full Marvel 4 pack with 4 tables actually retelling the AoA storyline in a certain chronological order.
    YES..YES...YES!!! This right here. Dinosaur Toy you are on to something. Did you get this, Barbie? The team has to know about this one here. Age Of Apocalypse 4 pack demonstrating the events and timelines. That would be more than awesome. Good show ol' chap. You and Bearded_Warrior are most certainly inquisitive.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    YES..YES...YES!!! This right here. Dinosaur Toy you are on to something. Did you get this, Barbie? The team has to know about this one here. Age Of Apocalypse 4 pack demonstrating the events and timelines. That would be more than awesome. Good show ol' chap. You and Bearded_Warrior are most certainly inquisitive.
    I got it! Sending this idea with my report (as usual)

Cool Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I got it! Sending this idea with my report (as usual)
    As long as we're submitting ideas, I think I got a really good one. A daredevil table with electra, kingpin, bullseye missions and maybe some thugs or so or throw in cameo with punisher although he could have his own table. Anyway one of the daredevil missions has to have a completely dark table with no lights to simulate his blindness, however when your ball hits anything bumper, spinner, flipper or whatever you get an echo location type of light up the table deal as the echos bounce off the table to simulate how daredevil sees. What's really cool about this is imagine trapping your ball movement would stop and thus a completely black screen until you make it move again to create echoes or noise. May make pinball truly unique possibilities here. This is the table I want to "see" happen. Pun intended!

Oh and the Age Of Apocalypse is something I see Zen doing for sure. AoA was definitely a big deal. I hope Zen does it. That's why I'm still on the Marvel wagon and I know Zen could do wonders with more.
    Quote Originally Posted by s-carnegie View Post
    Gotta love those marvel four packs.The Archangel photo is awesome.
    You know, while I would like to see Zen try things other than Marvel next, I must admit... Age of Apocalypse is a hell of a goldmine for interesting ideas, especially since it allows for a fresh spin on all the typical characters. Thanks to their alternate timeline versions.

While it might be overkill, you could do it as a full Marvel 4 pack with 4 tables actually retelling the AoA storyline in a certain chronological order.
    Quote Originally Posted by LumaFan") View Post
    that's epic!!!!!!!!
    Alright! The bandwagon is getting bigger, lol. Let's keep this thing rolling. I'll be the conductor
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoKing View Post
    As long as we're submitting ideas, I think I got a really good one. A daredevil table with electra, kingpin, bullseye missions and maybe some thugs or so or throw in cameo with punisher although he could have his own table. Anyway one of the daredevil missions has to have a completely dark table with no lights to simulate his blindness, however when your ball hits anything bumper, spinner, flipper or whatever you get an echo location type of light up the table deal as the echos bounce off the table to simulate how daredevil sees. What's really cool about this is imagine trapping your ball movement would stop and thus a completely black screen until you make it move again to create echoes or noise. May make pinball truly unique possibilities here. This is the table I want to "see" happen. Pun intended!
    I'm really surprised we haven't seen or heard of a Daredevil table yet from Zen. Although I've never been a fan of his I know that he's popular enough to appeal to people. And I like your ideas for the characters to be used. I think it could be a nice table.

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    I'm really surprised we haven't seen or heard of a Daredevil table yet from Zen. Although I've never been a fan of his I know that he's popular enough to appeal to people. And I like your ideas for the characters to be used. I think it could be a nice table.
    Yeah I'm also surprised by Zen! LOL. Daredevil table now THAT'S EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! epic epic epic!!!!

BRING IT! BRING IT! BRING IT! Send this in ur report to Barbie!!!!:
    Last edited by LumaFan"); 08-03-2012 at 01:09 AM.

Banned

Can I get a copy of that report before you send it in? I'd like to proof it to make sure you didn't leave anything out

Default Great ideas

Howdy, 36 year old pinballer here.
    Well, Daredevil as a character I'm not that into, but I like the idea of the Blind-echo table, although sounds very hard to get a good view on. If that was to happen, there should be some mode possible to get the whole table to ring with echoes, like a multiball or something. Or even each time you hit the ball with the flipper, the impact itself should produce a wave upwards, so you get short glimpses of the table all the time. Anyway, interesting idea Discoking

I myself want to see a complete multi-table...table! After Infinity Gauntlet, anything seems possible, so here's a quick idea:
    Some theme, like Star Wars or maybe just Jedi Knight. One master table, maybe based on Tatooine or some Jedi-planet/city. Possible to go through a sinkhole to get to another table, like a whole new table with another planet theme. Or go hit an orbit through some gate to get to a outer-space table, where the theme is x-wing vs. TIE fighters. Possible to go through more tables to finally get to the death star, defeat Vader or whatever. Maybe just make a 4-table pack that way so they connect gameplay wise in some way, instead of each table just has hidden smaller mini games. I would prefer that the combined tables worked like a map, where you can go back and forth between tables depending on the mission, instead of having to clear one table to get to the next (like stages). That would be TOTAL EPIC pinball-quest Imo.

For now, I can't wait for that ZP2 release!!!

All the best
    Last edited by Tberg; 09-20-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tberg View Post
    Well, Daredevil as a character I'm not that into, but I like the idea of the Blind-echo table, although sounds very hard to get a good view on. If that was to happen, there should be some mode possible to get the whole table to ring with echoes, like a multiball or something. Or even each time you hit the ball with the flipper, the impact itself should produce a wave upwards, so you get short glimpses of the table all the time. Anyway, interesting idea Discoking

I myself want to see a complete multi-table...table! After Infinity Gauntlet, anything seems possible, so here's a quick idea:
    Some theme, like Star Wars or maybe just Jedi Knight. One master table, maybe based on Tatooine or some Jedi-planet/city. Possible to go through a sinkhole to get to another table, like a whole new table with another planet theme. Or go hit an orbit through some gate to get to a outer-space table, where the theme is x-wing vs. TIE fighters. Possible to go through more tables to finally get to the death star, defeat Vader or whatever. Maybe just make a 4-table pack that way so they connect gameplay wise in some way, instead of just each table has hidden smaller mini games. I would prefer that the combined tables worked like a map, where you can go back and forth between tables depending on the mission, instead of having to clear one table to get to the next (like stages). That would be TOTAL EPIC pinball-quest Imo.

All the best

Whoa! That would be RAD!! I love the idea of going from one table to the next-- that would make for one heck of a pinball marathon!

Banned

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...b6nbOBfFYkqAYA

I'd love to see A Boy and His Blob table! Zen seriously needs to see this pic Barbie! It would make a great table!
    Last edited by LumaFan"); 08-03-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Jumping into the wave of ideas for new tables, is there any chance that Zen could acquire the rights to port Stern Pinball releases into a virtual platform (ZP2/PFX2)?

Think of all the good stuff they have come up with in recent years: Transformers, Spiderman, ACDC, Avatar...

Banned

Default Keep em' coming guys!

LOL Zen's going to be really busy with their development with these new fresh tables ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by M1N0RA View Post
    Jumping into the wave of ideas for new tables, is there any chance that Zen could acquire the rights to port Stern Pinball releases into a virtual platform (ZP2/PFX2)?
    Nope! Farsight (Pinball Arcade) has already beaten them to the punch.

I though it only included williams/gottelieb tables... that's a bummer. I downloaded the demo, and the physics are kinda meh.

I though it only included williams/gottelieb tables... that's a bummer. I downloaded the demo, and the physics are kinda meh.

They also have the rights to Stern as well. So don't be surprised if by next year you'll see Stern's rendition of X-Men for Pinball Arcade on PSN and XBLA.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tberg View Post

Some theme, like Star Wars or maybe just Jedi Knight. One master table, maybe based on Tatooine or some Jedi-planet/city. Possible to go through a sinkhole to get to another table, like a whole new table with another planet theme. Or go hit an orbit through some gate to get to a outer-space table, where the theme is x-wing vs. TIE fighters. Possible to go through more tables to finally get to the death star, defeat Vader or whatever. Maybe just make a 4-table pack that way so they connect gameplay wise in some way, instead of just each table has hidden smaller mini games. I would prefer that the combined tables worked like a map, where you can go back and forth between tables depending on the mission, instead of having to clear one table to get to the next (like stages). That would be TOTAL EPIC pinball-quest Imo.

All the best
    Ooh, I like that idea of tables within tables. made me think of anther thing Zen could do. How about Stargate (the movie and multiple series) so you activate a stargate to get to another world/table? I think that would be cool too. Starwars is an awesome idea too, drawing from the graphic novels, comics, books, and movies? such a wealth of information in all those sources.
    PSN ID: draig3791

They also have the rights to Stern as well. So don't be surprised if by next year you'll see Stern's rendition of X-Men for Pinball Arcade on PSN and XBLA.
    That X-men table was at California extreme, but I never had the patience to stand in line to try it out

I though it only included williams/gottelieb tables... that's a bummer.
    Just look at Pinball Arcade's first four tables. One of them (Ripley's Believe It or Not) is a Stern's table.
    Last edited by shogun00; 08-04-2012 at 01:07 AM.

Without getting into a physics debate again, try to Stick with it. Some of the DLC tables like Funhouse and Bride are pretty close I think. I think after I downloaded DLC pack #1 and #2, the core tables felt better as if they did tweak them in some way.

MM, CV are way too floaty but manageable to an extent. I'm a pinball fan so I will be happy to give both Zen and FS my hard earned cash.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Without getting into a physics debate again, try to Stick with it. Some of the DLC tables like Funhouse and Bride are pretty close I think. I think after I downloaded DLC pack #1 and #2, the core tables felt better as if they did tweak them in some way.

MM, CV are way too floaty but manageable to an extent. I'm a pinball fan so I will be happy to give both Zen and FS my hard earned cash.
    I definitely agree with this! Pinball for everyone. I do have to say that I like it on these forums better than PA forums. Most of them just rag on Zen there. It gets tiresome sometime. Also the debate between the PS3 and 360 is constantly argued.

Anyway, I'm almost embarrassed to say that I had a dream about playing ZP2. Well it was pinball and it closely resembled PBFX2, so I assumed it was ZP2.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Pinball dreams are rare but had two identical. I was close to highscore on MN, then woke up. Played for real and got a measly 78 ml. Dam, wheres my pilla.

That could work. I would prefer either The Fall of the Mutants or the more recent Dark Angel Saga/Fall of Archangel storylines.Table Wishlist: Alien, The Matrix, Jaws, Ghostbusters, Lord of the Rings, God of War, Metallica, and Marvel's Archangel
    Some really good wishlist choices there Bud, I especially like the idea of the Metallica table, getting permissions and liscences could be tough going but oh.. to dream, why stop there what about an Iron Maiden Table with a big Eddie's Head at the top end, or an Ozzy or Alice Cooper Table and lets not forget Megadeth, I'm sure with the quality of Zen's tables they'd even make a great job of the awful PS1 Kiss table and could remake Crue Ball too, and maybe one day a complete Zen Makeover of that Megadrive classic Dragonball.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarl3tPirat3 View Post
    Some really good wishlist choices there Bud, I especially like the idea of the Metallica table, getting permissions and liscences could be tough going but oh.. to dream, why stop there what about an Iron Maiden Table with a big Eddie's Head at the top end, or an Ozzy or Alice Cooper Table and lets not forget Megadeth, I'm sure with the quality of Zen's tables they'd even make a great job of the awful PS1 Kiss table and could remake Crue Ball too, and maybe one day a complete Zen Makeover of that Megadrive classic Dragonball.
    Thanks man! Yeah, I'm a pretty metal dude and it we be awesome to have an all metal four pack featuring some of these bands. Metallica is my favorite though and I tried to limit my wishlist to only my absolute favorites.

Default new table theme ideas

Alice In Wonderland
    Wizard Of Oz
    The Dark Crystal
    Labyrinth
    Lord Of The Rings trilogy (based on movie)
    The Hobbit (upcoming based on movie)

I think the potential behind the above would make for some amazing tables, and it would reach a broader audience.
    XBLA: Opalsuns
    PSN: The_Perfects
    EST and I am up late, add me if you can'f find anyone in the wee hours of the evening

Quote Originally Posted by Brussels_Crow View Post
    Alice In Wonderland
    Wizard Of Oz
    The Dark Crystal
    Labyrinth

I think the potential behind the above would make for some amazing tables, and it would reach a broader audience.
    Now you're talkin'. The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth are two childhood favorites for sure. Heck, you might as well throw The Princess Bride in there while you're at it.

Still like the suggestion that someone posted in another thread for Back to the future. Start out in in 1985 go back to 1955 where ramps generally are the same but other things around are different. I think Zen can do it but who knows.

Im really liking the wizard of oz theme table. Another old school theme could be the flintstones. Dont know how easy it would be legally. May need a few phone calls of permision on some of these tables. Like anything disney or band related. All great ideas for zen to consider perhaps.

Alice In Wonderland
    Wizard Of Oz
    The Dark Crystal
    Labyrinth

Oh yeah! Labyrinth even had a crystal ball flying around so it screams for a great pinball table! And The Dark Crystal could have two phases ala Blade, or perhaps a multi-table: one for the Skeksis and one for the Mystics, since they were sort of polar opposites.

I wonder if Zen could strike a deal with Jim Henson Co.

Jim Henson, is that the muppet dude.

Quote Originally Posted by s-carnegie View Post
    Jim Henson, is that the muppet dude.
    Yup, he died back in '90 though I would love a Muppets table, it would be quirky and fun. Muppet labs, The Great Gonzo, etc...would be excellent parts to it.

These are all such awesome ideas!!! I am a huge fan of the Dark Crystal (my parents almost named me after Kira, the gelfling) and an Iron Maiden table would be unbelievable! I actually just saw them play on Saturday, it was AMAZING.

Question

Hey Barbie, would it be possible for you to tell us who is working on the Doctor Strange and Civil War tables? Or is that confidential?
    I don't know off the top of my head who is designing each one, but I can ask

Also, I just noticed your signature, GREAT IDEA!! I'd love to see more people doing this!
    Sorry to bother you again with this as I'm sure you're busy, but were you able to find out who the designers were for these tables? Thanks!

These are all such awesome ideas!!! I am a huge fan of the Dark Crystal (my parents almost named me after Kira, the gelfling) and an Iron Maiden table would be unbelievable! I actually just saw them play on Saturday, it was AMAZING.
    With Iron Maiden, an Eddie themed table could be created based on every album! I'd especially love to see how Aces High and Fear of the Dark would turn out.

How old is the X-Men table? If Stern's licensing has run out I believe Farsight would need to buy the rights to digitize from Marvel (Like how they've said certain tables would be too expensive to get rights for, Twilight Zone, Adams Fam.) If that's the case you might not see X-Men if not for cost because of Zen's deal with them, though I don't know if it's exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    How old is the X-Men table? If Stern's licensing has run out I believe Farsight would need to buy the rights to digitize from Marvel (Like how they've said certain tables would be too expensive to get rights for, Twilight Zone, Adams Fam.) If that's the case you might not see X-Men if not for cost because of Zen's deal with them, though I don't know if it's exclusive.
    There's a bigger issue. Farsight has already stated that they do not yet have emulation technology for Stern's new era (post 2000) pinball machines. Those things have fancier electronics and audio. They insinuated that they're experimenting with such emulation, to see if it's feasible within Pinball Arcade's engine.

But Farsight versions of the modern Stern tables is a long way away, by all accounts.

Back at the start of Pinball Arcade, I believe that Farsight said one goal was to finish porting every single Gottlieb and Williams table from the respective Pinball Hall of Fame Collections. So they still have months of tables yet to port.

How old is the X-Men table?
    About 4 weeks old.

It was released out just last month.

http://www.sternpinball.com/Games/x.aspx

Lightbulb Iron Maiden, like all musical groups, would be an incredible pinball experience.

Quote Originally Posted by devilmosh View Post
    With Iron Maiden, an Eddie themed table could be created based on every album! I'd especially love to see how Aces High and Fear of the Dark would turn out.
    Just think of The Trooper mission on the Piece of Mind table. Run to the Hills mission on the Number of the Beast table. Aces High mission on the Powerslave table. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son Multiball Mode on the Seventh Son of a Seventh Son table. (Maybe with 7 balls) At least grant us one Iron Maiden table or have any musical group just for the soundtracks. The last time I saw Iron Maiden live was 1990 at Irvine Meadows.The Cult opened for them. My dream table would be a Radiohead themed table though. Led Zeppelin is a close 2nd. Music related tables have so many possibilities, endless and infinite. Think of that on your Vita.
    Last edited by theRonlyConly97; 08-07-2012 at 06:29 AM.

There's a bigger issue. Farsight has already stated that they do not yet have emulation technology for Stern's new era (post 2000) pinball machines. Those things have fancier electronics and audio. They insinuated that they're experimenting with such emulation, to see if it's feasible within Pinball Arcade's engine.

But Farsight versions of the modern Stern tables is a long way away, by all accounts.

Back at the start of Pinball Arcade, I believe that Farsight said one goal was to finish porting every single Gottlieb and Williams table from the respective Pinball Hall of Fame Collections. So they still have months of tables yet to port.
    Even if a console or PC could handle the modern tables, I would be very concerned with how well such a table could play. A lot of the newer Stern tables have toys that are just absolutely crazy in terms of how chaotic the ball dynamics are from a collision. The bell from AC/DC, Magneto and Wolverine in X-Men, Optimus Prime in Transformers. It'd be a tall order to capture all of that in a digitized game, but on the bright side, at least there'd be a physics model to include the ball jumping off of the table.

Default Still wanting ZP2

Today I went to check out a Vita to purchase. ( I won't buy one until zen releases ZP2) I was looking at the 3G version and realized that you have to pay $15 for the service. I'm not sure if I want the 3G version now. Maybe some feedback can persuade or dissuade me. I need some pros & cons. I did buy the trigger grips for the vita for $14.99. No Vita, but I have trigger grips, crazy. A company, like Zen, needs to make trigger grips for when you play vertically.

Quote Originally Posted by theRonlyConly97 View Post
    Today I went to check out a Vita to purchase. ( I won't buy one until zen releases ZP2) I was looking at the 3G version and realized that you have to pay $15 for the service. I'm not sure if I want the 3G version now. Maybe some feedback can persuade or dissuade me. I need some pros & cons. I did buy the trigger grips for the vita for $14.99. No Vita, but I have trigger grips, crazy. A company, like Zen, needs to make trigger grips for when you play vertically.
    Well, if you got the 3G launch bundle (which I believe is still available) with said $15 for the data plan you'll not only get a second pre-paid one free and Super Stardust w/ blast pack free as well, so think that $15 for 30 worth of content. plus, after your data runs out you can opt out of the data plan and just use the wifi, that's what i did anyways.

As well as you'll have the option of getting the data again at a further date.

@theRonlyConly97 btw, just looked. GS and Bestbuy (if your in the US) still have the launch bundles.

A great idea for a table would be some sort of headbanger theme... period. It wouldn't have to be attached to any sort of licensing, etc. Just build a table, using Zen's already incredible creative talent, that's set in the world of heavy metal.

Thanks to the game's ability to allow us to play our own music, we can bang it out to our favorite tunes, be it Iron Maiden, Slayer, Overkill, or what have you.

A great idea for a table would be some sort of headbanger theme... period. It wouldn't have to be attached to any sort of licensing, etc. Just build a table, using Zen's already incredible creative talent, that's set in the world of heavy metal.

Thanks to the game's ability to allow us to play our own music, we can bang it out to our favorite tunes, be it Iron Maiden, Slayer, Overkill, or what have you.
    That's not a half bad idea. It would certainly be a cheaper alternative.

Default Zen Pinball 2 Gets a Release Date—And a Mystery Table!

Check out our blog for details!!

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

*Sends Digital Kiss* Thanks Barbs!

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Bummer. Don't ge me wrong, the updated physics and graphics are greatly appreciated. I will definitely be getting more of the older tables. Hopefully, a lot of the table bugs listed in the forums will be fixed as well which would really be appreciated. Trophies, online play, enhanced leader boards(?) doesn't really do anything for me. But it is a free update which is also great. However, it feels a bit anticlimactic to release this huge update without new DLC. A couple new tables that were designed to specifically show off the new game engine would have been cool. I would be willing to wait for zp2 to coincide with the release of the popcap game or other new tables (I think I heard about a civil war table).
    I had a feeling zp2 would be released with a new table.

So, any guess as to what the pop cap table will be? I'm guessing Peggle.

Quote Originally Posted by draig3791 View Post
    So, any guess as to what the pop cap table will be? I'm guessing Peggle.
    Plants VS Zombies? Who knows. Regardless another table withing 3 months of the previous release of Avenger's chronicles. That's a big plus in my book.

Plants VS Zombies? Who knows. Regardless another table withing 3 months of the previous release of Avenger's chronicles. That's a big plus in my book.
    Nah… I'd say Bejeweled! Come on, what else? So even the mommies would play it!!

I'm sure whatever tables Zen comes up with will be great but Pop Cap seems like an odd license to want to build pinball tables off of. If I were to make a list of 100 licenses for tables I'd like to see Zen acquire I don't think I'd Pop Cap would even come to mind. It would be neat to learn what lead Zen to Pop Cap or vice vicera.
    Can't wait to see the table. Sometimes it's the odd marriages that yield the best results.

Sometimes it's the odd marriages that yield the best results.
    True words have been spoken! Honestly, Zen has proven themselves with their tables. So I don't care who they pair up with. You know at the end....it will be EPIC!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

I wonder if ZP2's official release date was delayed because Sony wanted to officially announce its "cross-buy/cross-play" program at gamescon first.

I wonder if ZP2's official release date was delayed because Sony wanted to officially announce its "cross-buy/cross-play" program at gamescon first.
    Nope, it was delayed because it wasn't ready. Now it is

Say, Barb: with the delay for ZP2, any idea if Fantastic Four will be available at launch now, or will it still be delayed a few weeks after ZP2 is released on the 4th?

Say, Barb: with the delay for ZP2, any idea if Fantastic Four will be available at launch now, or will it still be delayed a few weeks after ZP2 is released on the 4th?
    In the PS Blog, someone asked the same question and Zen's owner Zsolt commented on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zsolt
    Right now we are planning for all tables to be there at launch. There is a possibility that Fantastic Four will not be ready, but we have some time before we know for sure.
    In other words, we won't know until we get closer to the release date.

It should be there at launch, but we'll know for sure as we get closer.

I can't stop smiling about this! I think I'm more excited about it being on the Vita than anything! LOL I get to earn these trophies TWICE!!! Hooray for us!

Oh and Barbie, will the new PopCap table be supported on the Vita? I don't know if this question was asked or not.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

I can't stop smiling about this! I think I'm more excited about it being on the Vita than anything! LOL I get to earn these trophies TWICE!!! Hooray for us!

Oh and Barbie, will the new PopCap table be supported on the Vita? I don't know if this question was asked or not.
    Of course! It's Zen Pinball 2 DLC, so it will be available on Vita

Default Finally!! :)

9/4/12 cannot get here soon enough!!

I cannot wait to play these tables in 3D!!!

Very anxious to also see the graphics update compared to the graphics on my 360 version.

One question though are there any plans to offer stereoscopic 3D on the 360 down the road for FX2?
    XBLA: Opalsuns
    PSN: The_Perfects
    EST and I am up late, add me if you can'f find anyone in the wee hours of the evening

9/4/12 cannot get here soon enough!!

I cannot wait to play these tables in 3D!!!

Very anxious to also see the graphics update compared to the graphics on my 360 version.

One question though are there any plans to offer stereoscopic 3D on the 360 down the road for FX2?
    Great question! I doubt 3D would be added to Pinball FX2, it would likely be a feature of the next iteration (FX3?) But that is totally a guess on my part

It may have been brought up somewhere, but with the confirmation of PvZ as the new Zen table, has this got anyone else thinking about how cool an Angry Birds table would also be?

It may have been brought up somewhere, but with the confirmation of PvZ as the new Zen table, has this got anyone else thinking about how cool an Angry Birds table would also be?
    That has crossed my mind as well. I've never played Angry Birds before, but of course I know its extremely popular. With an HD collection coming to PSN/XBLA soon, I'll finally have my chance.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

That has crossed my mind as well. I've never played Angry Birds before, but of course I know its extremely popular. With an HD collection coming to PSN/XBLA soon, I'll finally have my chance.
    I bought the Minis version of the game (works on the PS3). I played it twice and never played it again. I just don't see what all of the hype is about. The game play mechanics are very similar to some of the Flash games I played back in 2000.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I bought the Minis version of the game (works on the PS3). I played it twice and never played it again. I just don't see what all of the hype is about. The game play mechanics are very similar to some of the Flash games I played back in 2000.
    Minis version was a bad port over. PLay Angry birds Space by far the best! Great physics

Banned

I would prefer a Cut the Rope table more though.

But I can imagine it being like PvZ table with slingshot and aiming at pigs like the watermelon launcher in the trailer for PVZ table
    Last edited by LumaFan"); 09-03-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Since we know the release date already it seems this thread is turning into a 'New table Idea' thread. That said I hope they don't get too involved with Angry Birds or other themetic titles like that. I know it may bring more players into Zen pinball. That said I fear a Super Mario Collaboration upcoming.

I would like more original table ideas but since they mentioned 'Big named' IP's I still will be looking to buy more tables.

Banned

Since we know the release date already it seems this thread is turning into a 'New table Idea' thread. That said I hope they don't get too involved with Angry Birds or other themetic titles like that. I know it may bring more players into Zen pinball. That said I fear a Super Mario Collaboration upcoming.

I would like more original table ideas but since they mentioned 'Big named' IP's I still will be looking to buy more tables.

Why wouldn't you want a collaboration with Nintendo? I think Super Mario and Nintendo is as original as it gets. If it sells Zen makes money.

Super Mario makes money...see?

Why wouldn't you want a collaboration with Nintendo? I think Super Mario and Nintendo is as original as it gets. If it sells Zen makes money.

Super Mario makes money...see?
    Yeah I guess. I just don't want Zen to get too involved with the Cartoony type of IP's just to grab more fans. PVZ and PopCap has that 'feel' and I am ok with that. Like I said I don't want theme to stick to that as the characteristics of Epic Quest. The font is too similar but I still like it.

I will buy them but I would like more original themed tables. In fact once Castlestorm is released I think it would be cook to make a pinball based on that since it is a zen product.

Yeah I guess. I just don't want Zen to get too involved with the Cartoony type of IP's just to grab more fans. PVZ and PopCap has that 'feel' and I am ok with that. Like I said I don't want theme to stick to that as the characteristics of Epic Quest. The font is too similar but I still like it.

I will buy them but I would like more original themed tables. In fact once Castlestorm is released I think it would be cook to make a pinball based on that since it is a zen product.
    I actually prefer the other IPs over Zen's original tables. I'm more of a Marvel fan than I am a pinball fan. The few Zen tables I have played I didn't really enjoy much. With the Marvel tables I instantly get it and understand the inspiration behind the tables. There's too much money to be made for them not to continue down this path. And how many of Zen's tables are actually "original" anyway? Most of them draw from very popular themes.

The way I see it, the more big themes they can get (Marvel, PvZ, hopeful Angry Birds) the more of a following they get, and the more funding they get to keep going. The more they keep going, the more freedom they'll have to do more original tables between the big ones. I still keep going back to Tesla, Paranormal, etc, despite the newer ones, so I'll always be looking forward to them, but Zen needs to keep the bills paid. The bonus for us is that the brand named tables are awesome, too! So it's win-win in my book.

Well even if Zen did "Nintendo" themed tables, no one would have acess to them unless you have a 3DS or a WiiU. Besides, anything with Mario is a win! I played the old Mario Bros table when I was 9 and LOVED it. Anyway other IPs will be a good for Zen. Seriously! I mean what if they did a "Sin City" themed table or heck...even a Flinstone/Jetson themed table. That would be WIN ALL DAY!! A Hanna-Barbera license would be nice. Just saying....
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Banned

Well even if Zen did "Nintendo" themed tables, no one would have acess to them unless you have a 3DS or a WiiU. Besides, anything with Mario is a win! I played the old Mario Bros table when I was 9 and LOVED it. Anyway other IPs will be a good for Zen. Seriously! I mean what if they did a "Sin City" themed table or heck...even a Flinstone/Jetson themed table. That would be WIN ALL DAY!! A Hanna-Barbera license would be nice. Just saying....
    LOL! Well it is about time 3DS gets some exclusive tables

I would also like to see some more original titles not based on Marvel or any other existing IP. I am sure it is easier to get inspiration from existing IPs but I think great pin designers can do both. Pat Lawlor, my all time favorite designer, produced great pins based on IPs like Twilight Zone and Addams Family but also great originals like Funhouse, Whirlwind, and No Good Gofers. I think Tesla was brilliant. It would have been great to have an "inventor" pack with Tesla bundled with tables based on other scientists like Einstein, Newton, Da Vinci, Galileo, etc. I'll add my vote for more zen originals.

Banned

I would also like to see some more original titles not based on Marvel or any other existing IP. I am sure it is easier to get inspiration from existing IPs but I think great pin designers can do both. Pat Lawlor, my all time favorite designer, produced great pins based on IPs like Twilight Zone and Addams Family but also great originals like Funhouse, Whirlwind, and No Good Gofers. I think Tesla was brilliant. It would have been great to have an "inventor" pack with Tesla bundled with tables based on other scientists like Einstein, Newton, Da Vinci, Galileo, etc. I'll add my vote for more zen originals.
    I agree, a "Starry Night table would be cool! Zen should do a Retro themed table.

LOL this one just went to my mind, a Greatest People Pack, Steve jobs etc.

Holiday Pack tables-Christmas, etc.

Sports table Packs-Soccer-etc

I agree, a "Starry Night table would be cool! Zen should do a Retro themed table.

LOL this one just went to my mind, a Greatest People Pack, Steve jobs etc.

Holiday Pack tables-Christmas, etc.

Sports table Packs-Soccer-etc
    Good idea. Licensing nightmare on most of them though.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Banned

Good idea. Licensing nightmare on most of them though.
    Haha IKR What a pain for Zen to go through all those work papers my my LOL

But we must admit a Steve jobs table would be insane!

I'd absolutely LOVE a holiday pack!

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    I was thinking about that too! LOL Independence Day table, Halloween Table, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Table. Hahaha
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Banned

LOL! Glad you like my idea! Imagine a New Years table where Zen only makes once a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even cooler the table will only be available at New Years Day and a live table!!!!! Meaning you can see the countdown on the table and watch it from the table.

Time Square Celebration live on table WHOOOOOO! They should do it!

Minecraft Table Pack?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????
    Last edited by LumaFan"); 09-04-2012 at 08:35 PM.

LOL! Glad you like my idea! Imagine a New Years table where Zen only makes once a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even cooler the table will only be available at New Years Day and a live table!!!!! Meaning you can see the countdown on the table and watch it from the table.

Time Square Celebration live on table WHOOOOOO! They should do it!

Minecraft Table Pack?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????
    That's a PC/Microsoft Deal. I don't think Sony is in on it.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

I was thinking about that too! LOL Independence Day table, Halloween Table, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Table. Hahaha
    Costume Quest table could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by parathod View Post
    Costume Quest table could be interesting.
    Loved Costume Quest, I think a Double Fine collab would be super cool Stacking too!

So many ideas and possibilities, yet there are some with zero possibilty. Still, Zen has a lot to work with. I'm very happy to be part of a community where the developer actually listens to their fans. Not like most of these greedy guys today who care nothing more than money.

If I don't say it enough....THANK YOU ZEN!!!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Well, so much for playing ZP2 all day, more like all night lol it's past 2pm here on the west coast, I have a feeling we won't see the store update 'till round 5pm or so. Then again, it COULD update any second...

Well, so much for playing ZP2 all day, more like all night lol it's past 2pm here on the west coast, I have a feeling we won't see the store update 'till round 5pm or so. Then again, it COULD update any second...
    I'm still guessing around 4pm pacific today so little less than two hours from now.

I always start looking for the update around 6 pm EST. Let's hope!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

I always start looking for the update around 6 pm EST. Let's hope!
    I just watch for a tweet from @PlayStation about this time.

Hey guys, I just saw that the game is up but you have to search for it. I'm downloading now!

thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by xeonic-ice View Post
    hey guys, i just saw that the game is up but you have to search for it. I'm downloading now!
    oh snap! Thanks! Downloading now :d

Sorry for not posting more today, you guys! We just got back from PAX and it has been a totally insane day of mostly PR stuff, but also talking to Sony to make sure things go smoothly today! I missed you all over the weekend! I was so insanely busy, but I'm BACK!!!

Sorry for not posting more today, you guys! We just got back from PAX and it has been a totally insane day of mostly PR stuff, but also talking to Sony to make sure things go smoothly today! I missed you all over the weekend! I was so insanely busy, but I'm BACK!!!
    Haha welcome back, we missed you!

oh snap! Thanks! Downloading now :d
    Me too, a little bit earlier than I anticipated too!

Haha welcome back, we missed you!
    Thank you! I actually was able to meet up with some of the best Community Managers in the business over the weekend. I am inspired, renewed and all around excited to be back online with you guys!

As a possible bug report, the table import function doesn't appear to detect Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Tribute for me.

I have the base Zen Pinball + NGS2 already owned on PS3. Zen Pinball 2 on both PS3 and Vita detect that I own the 4 base Zen Pinball tables and offer to download the Zen Pinball Classics Pack + unlock key. But they don't see Ninja Gaiden.

I'll keep fiddling with it and report if I have success.

As a possible bug report, the table import function doesn't appear to detect Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Tribute for me.

I have the base Zen Pinball + NGS2 already owned on PS3. Zen Pinball 2 on both PS3 and Vita detect that I own the 4 base Zen Pinball tables and offer to download the Zen Pinball Classics Pack + unlock key. But they don't see Ninja Gaiden.

I'll keep fiddling with it and report if I have success.
    Try redownloading it, not importing it. It won't charge you if it's already on your system.

Try redownloading it, not importing it. It won't charge you if it's already on your system.
    Ah hah. Ok, Ninja Gaiden for Zen Pinball 2 did show up as downloadable (for free) through the PSN store. Thank you.

I have to say, I quickly tested the pre-loaded Avengers Chronicles tables before messing with anything else, and am extremely impressed by the technical quality of the port from PS3 to Vita. The Vita is powerful, but the tables are, as near as I can tell, almost identical in both animation and effects. Even geometry is very close. Considering the Vita version also runs at 60fps, this is no small feat.

Now that the quality of the port is assured, I will be buying every piece of content on the Playstation platform. (I previously was using Pinball FX 2 as my home base for Zen's pinball releases.)

Thank you! I actually was able to meet up with some of the best Community Managers in the business over the weekend. I am inspired, renewed and all around excited to be back online with you guys!
    I can only imagine all the awful jokes you marketing people were making about us online users.. Haha!

Or is it an Italian thing?

Question Europe release date : 5th Sept ?

ZP2 is not available in the EUR PS Store (PS3 or Vita) today (5th Sept) @ 01 pm...

Is today the release date for EUR ?

Quote Originally Posted by DanHD View Post
    ZP2 is not available in the EUR PS Store (PS3 or Vita) today (5th Sept) @ 01 pm...

Is today the release date for EUR ?
    Usually the EU PS Store has to be updated first. Since it isn't yet…

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast