Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChunderCat_COD
    • Jan 2011

PopCap tables

Peggle would make a perfect pinball table. The others, not so sure of... I guess we will wait and see what Zen does.

Any ideas?
  • Rafie
    • May 2012

Originally posted by ChunderCat_COD
    Peggle would make a perfect pinball table. The others, not so sure of... I guess we will wait and see what Zen does.

Any ideas?
    There's a lot of games they could do. The 2 games I'm thinking of is Plants Vs. Zombies or Zuma.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

• M1N0RA
      • May 2012

Any new table is good news, it doesn't really matter what they base them on.

Having already secured several licences (marvel, capcom, tecmo), i wonder if making tables out of movies is a possibility for them.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
        Pinball Wizard
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by M1N0RA
        Any new table is good news, it doesn't really matter what they base them on.

Having already secured several licences (marvel, capcom, tecmo), i wonder if making tables out of movies is a possibility for them.
        Which movies would you like to see made into tables? I'm always curious to see what you guys come up with for table themes

Comment

• M1N0RA
          • May 2012

It's great to see that Zen Studios has a community manager that is willing to listen for the fan's input.
          There are so many movies to choose from... These would be some my favourites:

007 (any of the movies or a table based on the series)
          Aliens
          Terminator 2
          Ghost in the Shell
          Enemy at the Gates
          Matrix
          Die Hard
          Kill-Bill
          The Bourne series

You name it. As long as it's based on a solid movie, it tends to make for awesome pinball.

BTW, I forgot to mention one suggestion in my previous thread:

"Could you make it so that the scoring poping up for each switch in the playfield and the "arcade effects" (ball halo and sparks) are two separate options?

The individual score assessment is very useful to figure out what shots are worth going for, but the arcade effects kinda take away the feeling of realistic pinball. I'd love to be able to turn them on or off individually."
          Last edited by M1N0RA; 05-21-2012, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
            Pinball Wizard
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by M1N0RA
            It's great to see that Zen Studios has a community manager that is willing to listen for the fan's input.
            There are so many movies to choose from... These would be some my favourites:

007 (any of the movies or a table based on the series)
            Aliens
            Terminator 2
            Ghost in the Shell
            Enemy at the Gates
            Matrix
            Die Hard
            Kill-Bill
            The Bourne series

You name it. As long as it's based on a solid movie, it tends to make for awesome pinball.

BTW, I forgot to mention one suggestion in my previous thread:

"Could you make it so that the scoring poping up for each switch in the playfield and the "arcade effects" (ball halo and sparks) are two separate options?

The individual score assessment is very useful to figure out what shots are worth going for, but the arcade effects kinda take away the feeling of realistic pinball. I'd love to be able to turn them on or off individually."
            I'm a huge Tarantino fan, Kill Bill? HECK yes! Aliens would be rad too! I will pass all your suggestions on to the team, thanks!!

Comment

• The Blind Sniper
              • May 2012

I figure the PopCap table will either be Peggle or Plants Vs Zombies. Peggle fits pinball better, but Plants vs Zombies is more popular I believe so it's anybody's guess. I personally want a Plants vs Zombies table.

Also, I like that you take the time to listen to suggestions BarbieBobomb. Has Zen given any thought to a Steam version of Zen Pinball? I own Pinball FX and Pinball FX 2 on XBLA and I intend to get Zen Pinball 2 for my Vita aswell, but I think your free-to-play(-ish) model would work well on Steam if you have not already considered doing so.

Can't wait for the Vita release and I look forward to seeing what other license-themed tables you have coming up, not that originals are bad.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                Pinball Wizard
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by The Blind Sniper
                I figure the PopCap table will either be Peggle or Plants Vs Zombies. Peggle fits pinball better, but Plants vs Zombies is more popular I believe so it's anybody's guess. I personally want a Plants vs Zombies table.

Also, I like that you take the time to listen to suggestions BarbieBobomb. Has Zen given any thought to a Steam version of Zen Pinball? I own Pinball FX and Pinball FX 2 on XBLA and I intend to get Zen Pinball 2 for my Vita aswell, but I think your free-to-play(-ish) model would work well on Steam if you have not already considered doing so.

Can't wait for the Vita release and I look forward to seeing what other license-themed tables you have coming up, not that originals are bad.
                Thanks! I'm happy to help, and I love talking about video games, so it's my pleasure!

I don't know for sure but I think we did look into doing a Steam version at one point. As far as I know we're just doing the Win8 version on PC for now

Comment

• maink
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Dec 2011

im putting my money on plants vs zombies , i don't see what what the peggle story could be , well if its a arkanoid type of pinball that would be cool , i guess the bricks could regenerate
                  i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Comment

• devilmosh
                    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                    Which movies would you like to see made into tables? I'm always curious to see what you guys come up with for table themes
                    Tons rush to mind, but having just been in Playstation Home and seeing the Men in Black promotional space, that would make a for a wicked Zen table.

Comment

• Mardigen
                      • May 2012

I'd love to see a Blade Runner Zen Table.

Comment

• ChunderCat_COD
                        • Jan 2011

Personally, I'm kind of sick of all the uninteresting licensed stuff. I'd like to see more original tables like Biolab and Agents. There's enough recreations and licensed stuff as it is (The Pinball Arcade comes to mind).

I would REALLY like to see the Pinball FX2 tables make their way to ps3.

Comment

• devilmosh
                          • Apr 2012

"Uninteresting" never comes to mind when I think of anything Zen has put out, licensed (meaning Marvel, Ninja Gaiden, Street Fighter, etc) or otherwise, and they've all been original.

I'm thinking when people want to relive their old favorites, they have Pinball Arcade (great stuff), but when things are mentioned for Zen, whether there have been tables made in the past or not, we're talking adding Zen's talent to new tables on the subject matter.

After all, there have been plenty of pinball tables out there involving labs (creep night comes to mind) and secret agents (007) but it's Zen's take on them that makes them so great.

And yes, I'd love to get a chance to play Biolab and Agents along with any other FX2 table on my PS3 someday.

Comment

• ChunderCat_COD
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by devilmosh
                            "Uninteresting" never comes to mind when I think of anything Zen has put out, licensed (meaning Marvel, Ninja Gaiden, Street Fighter, etc) or otherwise, and they've all been original.

I'm thinking when people want to relive their old favorites, they have Pinball Arcade (great stuff), but when things are mentioned for Zen, whether there have been tables made in the past or not, we're talking adding Zen's talent to new tables on the subject matter.

After all, there have been plenty of pinball tables out there involving labs (creep night comes to mind) and secret agents (007) but it's Zen's take on them that makes them so great.

And yes, I'd love to get a chance to play Biolab and Agents along with any other FX2 table on my PS3 someday.
                            I suppose I should have said relatively uninteresting. If the time spent developing those tables was spent making totally original ones, I'd be happier. Not saying they're bad tables by any means, but they're no Epic Quest lol.

Comment

• pinballfreak69
                              • Nov 2009

Ok hold on

A table that should be looked into is Star Wars. BOOOOOOOO YAAAAAAA 6 movies could be called Star Wars Trilogy table uh huh. George Lucus is a nice guy he would let Zen do it. Just think Darth Vader Darth Maul C3P0 Jabba the Hut Yoda Blowing up the Deathstar etc oh n to top it off the Light Saber Balls Blue Red Green talking about a DLC table that would walk on the Marvel Tables. Zen should look into this uh huh a Star Wars table would bring down the house. Oh one last thing it could be a table were you earn EXP to master your Jedi Ball skills Oh HECKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YES
                              Last edited by pinballfreak69; 05-28-2012, 04:17 PM. Reason: adding

Comment

Working...