Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NobbNutts
    • Apr 2010

Low Scores - a new art form?

Have you checked out the lowest of the high scores on the leader boards? How on earth do they get them that low? I could just let all three ball drain and never get anywhere near the lowness of these freakishy low scores. It's a new art form and I salute these crazy underachievers )

I think they're pulling the plug if the ball inadvertantly hits a few bumpers on the way down?
  • shogun00
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2011

Easy! Just tilt the table. If you tilt it just right on each ball, you can actually get a big fat goose egg for your final score.
    Last edited by shogun00; 05-28-2012, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• NobbNutts
      • Apr 2010

Well that's money well spent then

There's so much more to get out of this game than just being the village idiot. From some big City too no doubt - that is *some* idiot. I can say this without fear of flame because they'll never type the four digits backwards to pass the spam filter and make a reply.

Comment

• shogun00
        Pinball Wizard
        • Feb 2011

Awhile back, I won a code for the Captain America table and got it a week before it released. There were only 40 scores on the leader boards at the time and half of those scores were only in the low thousands.

The only scores on the table at the time were testers and a few reviewers from what I was told.

Before these tables are released, they do some rigorous testing. One is to populate the leader boards with 25+ scores to make sure the leader boards are scrolling down properly. The last thing anyone would want to see is the leader boards being locked on the top 10 scores and that's it.

The testers don't have time to achieve endless high scores, so they just tilt the table and get really low scores just so they can populate the leader boards quickly enough.

It's also possible that they do it intentionally, so newbies will feel rewarded and it will encourage them to keep on playing the game to get better.

TL;DL: Those low scores are most likely coming from testers and not from a bunch of idiots trying to achieve something.
        Last edited by shogun00; 05-28-2012, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• rob c
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by NobbNutts
          Have you checked out the lowest of the high scores on the leader boards? How on earth do they get them that low? I could just let all three ball drain and never get anywhere near the lowness of these freakishy low scores. It's a new art form and I salute these crazy underachievers )

I think they're pulling the plug if the ball inadvertantly hits a few bumpers on the way down?
          I wish i could see lbs,on some tables i can see friends score but not all and in local scores i am assuming this is suposed to be world ranking there is nothing i hope patch comes soon

Comment

Working...