Thread: Fantastic 4 coming...

Default Fantastic 4 coming...

...when?

I think this app is the one I play the most and I love the tables you release. Seeing that a new one was "coming soon" has had me refreshing the app a few times a day for the past 9 days. I need to know when "soon" is please!?

Also, in reading other threads, I understand that you are not staffed to release new tables on the iOS platform on a regular basis right now...can we expect that to change? I see the tables you have out on xbl and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to play them here on the iPad.

Any info would be appreciated
    Thanks

Chris

C'mon guys...no response at all? 50 plus people have looked at the thread because they also want to know the deal....any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

You'll have to way until Thursday or Friday.

Barbie and the other Zen reps are at E3 at the moment.

I have to agree with Bonowall. The lack of information is very sketchy. It's safe to say that most of us have invested at least 8 bucks if not more into this game and to seemingly be dropped from support or at least to have very sporadic support is pretty crap. Don't get me wrong, I love this game and I play my tables all the time but to lurk on this board for about 4 months and not get a single release in-between that timespan sucks. I feel like us iOS users have been thrown under the bus. We get one table without a release date. Did Zen even have a release timeline planned when they released ZP for iOS? And if so when the hell were we supposed to be getting our releases? From an outsider point of view it looks like the studio has spread itself way to thin with too many projects and as a consumer who pays money to play these games, as well crafted as they are, I'm very disappointed. Sorry for the rant and brash words, just very upset with this release schedule (or seemingly lack thereof).

Quote Originally Posted by MisterOwl View Post
    Did Zen even have a release timeline planned when they released ZP for iOS?
    Their release schedule has always been, "we'll release it when it's ready." It's not uncommon to see a 6 month period with no releases. That's how it's been for the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions anyways. I'm not surprised that we're seeing the same for the other platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterOwl View Post
    From an outsider point of view it looks like the studio has spread itself way to thin with too many projects
    You hit the nail on the head. It also doesn't help that Sony and Microsoft is holding back their major releases in their certification process (approval and bug fixing). There's probably a lot of money and resources (developers, programmers) being tied up at the moment, thanks to Zen Pinball 2 and the Avenger Chronicles still being stuck in certification. As soon as those two titles/tables finally release, then the resources can be moved around to the other platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Their release schedule has always been, "we'll release it when it's ready." It's not uncommon to see a 6 month period with no releases. That's how it's been for the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions anyways. I'm not surprised that we're seeing the same for the other platforms.

You hit the nail on the head. It also doesn't help that Sony and Microsoft is holding back their major releases in their certification process (approval and bug fixing). There's probably a lot of money and resources (developers, programmers) being tied up at the moment, thanks to Zen Pinball 2 and the Avenger Chronicles still being stuck in certification. As soon as those two titles/tables finally release, then the resources can be moved around to the other platforms.
    I really appreciate you responding and clearing some of that up. I just really hope these certifications get finished sometime soon. As much as I love all of the current tables, a few new ones wouldn't hurt

I wonder if zen will fix the bugs that were present in the console versions of fantastic 4 for the iOS port.

Hey zen admin....are we really going to go another week without any update or acknowledgement that there are any paying subscribers on the ios platform waiting to know what "coming soon" means?! I am not trying to be rude but I think we are past the point of niceties.

Last week the excuse was that you were at E3 promoting 3d games which is great but all we needed some understanding of what will or won't happen for iPod.

Thanks and I apologize for the tone...in fact it's a phenomenal game and it frustrates me to be teased with newer tables only to be left in the dark.

Thanks

Hey, sorry for the delay, bad timing as we were in LA for E3 all last week. Still combing through the forums trying to find out what I missed.

Currently, we're waiting for Apple to give us a thumbs up, it's in submission, and it looks good so far. We're hoping to have Fantastic 4 out this week

Also, the Apple ID login bug will be fixed with the update!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Hey, sorry for the delay, bad timing as we were in LA for E3 all last week. Still combing through the forums trying to find out what I missed.

Currently, we're waiting for Apple to give us a thumbs up, it's in submission, and it looks good so far. We're hoping to have Fantastic 4 out this week

Also, the Apple ID login bug will be fixed with the update!
    thank you very very much.

Glad to hear the login bug will be fixed. Though when I deleted and reinstalled the app it seemed to resolve the issue for me. Any word on scores erased from the leaderboards? Any other bug fixes for other tables coming out with this update? Hopefully we can get some game center integration soon. Has zen heard about the challenge feature coming to gamecenter in iOS 6?

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...cebook-connect

Seems like a cool feature though I will pass on the facebook integration with gamecenter. I hate facebook. It's the biggest problem I have with the Pinball Arcade app.
    Last edited by surf1der; 06-12-2012 at 06:26 AM.

Great news! Thanks for the update.

Junior Member Retrogammer1977SB's Avatar

Is the retina display support for the new iPad comming with the update?

Quote Originally Posted by Retrogammer1977SB View Post
    That would be totally awesome! I was wondering about that as well.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Retrogammer1977SB View Post
    I know we are planning on it, but I don't know if it will be in this next update or not.

Any news on Fantastic 4? Will we be getting it over the weekend or is it looking like next week? Got a long train journey this afternoon and need something to keep me entertained! Getting bored of some of the other tables!

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee_n_Donuts View Post
    Any news on Fantastic 4? Will we be getting it over the weekend or is it looking like next week? Got a long train journey this afternoon and need something to keep me entertained! Getting bored of some of the other tables!
    Right now it's looking like next week. SO FRUSTRATING! That is the fun of digital publishing, we send it off to the first party (Apple, in this case) and we wait.

I will go to my grave never having seen Fantastic Four on ios (A.K.A. What the %€*¥ is Apple doing?!) Too many "soccer"-related apps to approve, I guess, after all, there is a shortage of those.......

Any time frame on when the update will release? I thought app approval process took about a week, two weeks max. The only time I have heard of long waits for app certification is usually when a big iOS firmware upgrade comes along and everybody is trying to upgrade their apps to be compatible with the new update.

Supposedly at the end of the week... cross your fingers!

I'm struggling to understand the delays. As a comparison, Farsight released their June table pack for Pinball Arcade last Thursday. A few bugs were spotted over the following 24 hours. They said they'd update it and hey did. The update was released yesterday just 6 days after the initial release.

Why then are we still waiting for an update to fix problems that were spotted in Febuary and reported and subsequently acknowledged on this forum?

It just seems like the support for iOS has slipped. No tables released for ages, as opposed to monthly table packs from Farsight, and they're a small studio pushing their game on all platforms.

I love both Zen Pinball and Pinball Arcade, I just wish Zen were as on the ball as Farsight.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee_n_Donuts View Post
    I'm struggling to understand the delays. As a comparison, Farsight released their June table pack for Pinball Arcade last Thursday. A few bugs were spotted over the following 24 hours. They said they'd update it and hey did. The update was released yesterday just 6 days after the initial release.

Why then are we still waiting for an update to fix problems that were spotted in Febuary and reported and subsequently acknowledged on this forum?

It just seems like the support for iOS has slipped. No tables released for ages, as opposed to monthly table packs from Farsight, and they're a small studio pushing their game on all platforms.

I love both Zen Pinball and Pinball Arcade, I just wish Zen were as on the ball as Farsight.

In fairness to Zen, Farsight was able to get the update expedited. I was curious to find out how they were able to get the update out so fast. They mentioned this on their facebook page. I hate that they only communicate via facebook because i wanted to ask them how they did that. I am sure not all apps are treated the same in the app approval queue. Anyone here really think the official twitter app or angry birds gets put in the back of the line when they sumbit an update? I don't. But i am not sure how farsight was able to do it. Maybe because they are giving away their paid version of the app for free this week. Anyway, I hope the ff table gets released soon.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    In fairness to Zen, Farsight was able to get the update expedited. I was curious to find out how they were able to get the update out so fast. They mentioned this on their facebook page. I hate that they only communicate via facebook because i wanted to ask them how they did that. I am sure not all apps are treated the same in the app approval queue. Anyone here really think the official twitter app or angry birds gets put in the back of the line when they sumbit an update? I don't. But i am not sure how farsight was able to do it. Maybe because they are giving away their paid version of the app for free this week. Anyway, I hope the ff table gets released soon.
    Yes but since the last Table/Bug Fix update to Zen Pinball, there have been 6 tables released for Pinball Arcade and multiple bug fix updates. I'm not trying to diss anyone here, just trying to understand why one company is keeping their users happy with regular content and updates while the other doesn't seem to want to play with us!

I still play the Marvel tables on Zen but really do we need to wait 4-5 months for a new table release?

In fairness to Zen, Farsight was able to get the update expedited. I was curious to find out how they were able to get the update out so fast. They mentioned this on their facebook page. I hate that they only communicate via facebook because i wanted to ask them how they did that.
    They were able to get it up so quickly because Pinball Arcade is the free app of the week, and was part of a big Apple promotion.

BTW, they also post regularly to PinballArcadeFans.com (full disclosure, I am the admin there).

Quote Originally Posted by GordLacey View Post
    They were able to get it up so quickly because Pinball Arcade is the free app of the week, and was part of a big Apple promotion.

BTW, they also post regularly to PinballArcadeFans.com (full disclosure, I am the admin there).
    Ha, i guessed correctly then. Is pinballarcadefans.com their official forum? I hate facebook but that seems to be the main place to get info. Deleted my account years ago. I post most of my pinball arcade comments here. zen mods don't seem to mind. But it would be nice to go to a dedicated TPA forum.
    Last edited by surf1der; 06-23-2012 at 02:37 AM.

This is getting a bit silly. I don't mind waiting three months for an update but when I read week after week that an update is comming that same week and I waste time checking regularly to see if it's up it gets really annoying.
    Coming soon? Yeah right...

Ha, i guessed correctly then. Is pinballarcadefans.com their official forum?
    It's not run by FarSight Studios, but a number of them post there (so, it's unofficially official, I guess). Anything of importance from the FB page is discussed on the forum, but you don't get the garbage that you find on the FB page.

While the forum is aimed at fans of Pinball Arcade, there are discussions of real tables, other virtual tables, and whatever else. There have been a number of discussions about the Zen games (and it's not people just trashing them). I think you'd find that most people there are fans of pinball, period.

Haleluyah. Awesome table guys thanks!

The annoying log-in bug is still there. Where and what is the problem to fix that?