Thread: Marvel Pinball 3D Press

Default Marvel Pinball 3D Press

Hey everyone! We did an interview with WiiLoveIt.com and I thought you'd all like to see it! Check it out and let us know what you think! As always, let us know if you have any of your own questions! I'll also be posting Marvel Pinball 3D news here. Feel free to add any that I may have missed!

Marvel Pinball 3D release date announced, Eurogamer, June 2012

Marvel Pinball 3D saves the eShop June 28, Joystiq, June 2012

"Marvel Pinball" Goes To the Third Dimension, Comic Book Resource, June 2012

Marvel Pinball 3D Interview with Mel Kirk, Nintendo World Report, June 2012 (E3 Interview)

Marvel Pinball 3D Review: Portable pinball fun of heroic proportions, Blast Magazine, June 2012

Review: Marvel Pinball Saves the Day In 3D (Nintendo 3DS), Gamerlive.tv, June 2012

Marvel Pinball 3D Review, Fanbolt, June 2012

Marvel Pinball 3D - video review, Go Nintendo, July 2012

Review, Nintendo Life, July 2012

Review: Marvel Pinball 3D, VG Blogger, July 2012

GAME REVIEW: Marvel Pinball 3D shrinks down four familiar tables into the palms of your hands, The Oakland Press, July 2012

Marvel Pinball 3D - Recensione, VG Network, July 2012

Marvel Pinball 3D - REVIEW, Nintendo Scene, July 2012

Game Review: Marvel Pinball 3D 3DS, Yahoo! Voices, July 2012

Review: Marvel Pinball 3D, VG Blogger, July 2012

Marvel Pinball 3D - 3DS Download Review, August 2012
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 08-10-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Fantastic interview!

Now I definitely have hope that we will see exclusive tables for the 3DS. Yaay us!! *claps*
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Yay DLC SDK! I've got a piles of money just waiting for any and all available Zen and Marvel DLC! You hear me? Piles!

Also very excited by the idea of Nintendo themed tables.

Also, a quick question just a sort of general opinion on your part, if you could design tables for any Marvel franchise you haven't used yet, and any Nintendo franchise, which would be your (personal) first picks?

Quote Originally Posted by AlgusUnderdunk View Post
    Yay DLC SDK! I've got a piles of money just waiting for any and all available Zen and Marvel DLC! You hear me? Piles!

Also very excited by the idea of Nintendo themed tables.

Also, a quick question just a sort of general opinion on your part, if you could design tables for any Marvel franchise you haven't used yet, and any Nintendo franchise, which would be your (personal) first picks?
    As for Marvel, we're pretty stoked to do a Dr. Strange table! For Nintendo, anything Mario would be amazing. Personally, I want a Yoshi's Island table, I still can't get enough of that game

Ah Yoshi's Island... I can see it now... special event pinballs that look like Yoshi eggs, Shy Guy orbitals, hitting little ? targets with wings to reveal hidden ramps, even boss fights!

Bert the Bashful would be easy enough to do, a toy that hop around the table and gets smaller with each successful hit... Raphael the Raven with a sub-table where you try to hit the post sticking out of one side of the moon as he goes around... Naval Pirahna with his thorny vines taking over... It could even have a mini-video mode where you lob eggs at Baby Bowser's giant form...

Also any Dr. Strange table needs to have loud magical proclamations. By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth, what a great shot! You should look well upon yourself, for the Sorcerer Supreme has granted you an extra ball! Blast you, you Many Angled Monstrosity!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    As for Marvel, we're pretty stoked to do a Dr. Strange table! For Nintendo, anything Mario would be amazing. Personally, I want a Yoshi's Island table, I still can't get enough of that game
    That would be so amazing I can't even express myself!! Just.... make it happen! The aesthetic would suit a pinball table so well, and I just love that game so much! (luckily I'm a 3DS ambassador, so I have the GBA port on my 3DS!)
    http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab65/FreudianLemur/Youwanttoholdapigehsmall.jpg

great interview. Looking forward to Marvel Pinball and future DLC.

Wooo Barbie hit the nail on some of these old coffins! A Yoshi's Island table would be more than EPIC!! The possibilities there are endless. Then I could see ZP for 3DS ported over to the WiiU for updated graphics (HD) and such. OOOOOH GIGGITY!!!
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

I Thought it was suppose to be 7.99?! Im hoping that was a typo. Anyways thanks for the link.

$9.99 would make the price much fairer on us Europeans, as we pay €7 for it (£6.30). I'm fed up of being charged way more than Americans (Devil Band, VVVVVV, Mutant Mudds, every other upcoming Renegade Kid game, Inchworm Animation, Rolling Western, etc., etc., etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    I Thought it was suppose to be 7.99?! Im hoping that was a typo. Anyways thanks for the link.
    In that article they say the PS3/360 game "Avengers Chronicles" costs $9.99. They don't mention the eShop price for Marvel Pinball.
    Last edited by FreudianLemur; 06-16-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab65/FreudianLemur/Youwanttoholdapigehsmall.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FreudianLemur View Post
    In that article they say the PS3/360 game "Avengers Chronicles" costs $9.99. They don't mention the eShop price for Marvel Pinball.
    Did you read the part at the end that said it would be available later this summer in the eshop for 9.99!? :-P
    Last edited by Tech101; 06-16-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Olimar View Post
    $9.99 would make the price much fairer on us Europeans, as we pay €7 for it (£6.30). I'm fed up of being charged way more than Americans (Devil Band, VVVVVV, Mutant Mudds, every other upcoming Renegade Kid game, Inchworm Animation, Rolling Western, etc., etc., etc.)
    I would agree that some of the prices are out of wack. I thought 7.99 its the equivalent of €7. At least after tax I actually pay 8.47. That's what I played for Zen pinball. We payed quite a bit for mutant mudds as well. I think with tax it was $9.53. Btw are you the same person from Nintendo Life? I believe you quoted me today?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    Did you read the part at the end that said it would be available later this summer in the eshop for 9.99!? :-P
    Ummm... whoops. Sorry, missed that. Dunno how.

Default Unfair Prices!!!

@Tech101 Yeah, that's me
    I'm not sure what the exact exchange rate is, but I do know that VVVVVV was the equivalent of around £5.42 in the US, but for me it was £7.20. Renegade Kid said that ATV Wild Ride would be $10 and 10€, so that is definitely unfair! I'm using my 3DS browser so I can't search the exact exchange rate, but if it's 10€ it will be £9, which I think is roughly $13.50, based on a rate of £1:$1.5, so around $3.50 more per download for UK.

Post Interview!

I just read another awesome interview with Mel Kirk on Marvel Pinball 3D with NWR!

Post Marvel Pinball News Thread!

Check out a cool interview and gameplay of Marvel Pinball 3D! Link:
    NintendoWorldReport.com

Marvel Pinball will be hitting Eshop on the 1st or 2nd week of July, Mel Kirk said.
    DLC was again mentioned, but this time you'll be surprised. Mel Kirk said that Nintendo has finally made the DLC feature available for them and that they are very happy.

Aside from Pinball, Mel Kirk also stated that Wii U will also be getting Castlestorm and Pinball games! A 3DS version is already confirmed for this year/summer in 3D.

One more thing, in the interview Mel stated about the Marvel Pinball 3D tables, and why they were chosen for initial launch first. Be sure to check this cool interview. It's new!!!!

Thanks for the link to that vid. I was hoping he was going to say something like, "Hehehe....be on the lookout! That is all!" That would have definitely been an indicator for Nintendo themed tables. Then again, he did say that WiiU will see a pinball release so that does give me lots of hope.

A little bit of awkwardness towards the end though. Mel couldn't answer too many questions about on going projects. Hahaha I thought that was a very good interview. Hooray for us 3DS users and Nintendo fans alike.
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

HaHa yeah I understand how you guys feel. It must be tiring from all those interviews.
    Last edited by LumaFan"); 06-19-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LumaFan") View Post
    Yes LOL that was pretty awkward in the interview. Oh and the guy from NWR was so unexcited.Right?
    In their defense, it was literally the last 20 minutes of E3, we were all SUPER tired

This is awesome news! Great to see one of the games being played on the 3ds. Captain American really does look good! What we didn't here was is this going to be a world wide release or is north American getting this late again! Either way I'm going to go take a three week nap and wake up in july.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    Thanks for the link to that vid. I was hoping he was going to say something like, "Hehehe....be on the lookout! That is all!" That would have definitely been an indicator for Nintendo themed tables. Then again, he did say that WiiU will see a pinball release so that does give me lots of hope.

A little bit of awkwardness towards the end though. Mel couldn't answer too many questions about on going projects. Hahaha I thought that was a very good interview. Hooray for us 3DS users and Nintendo fans alike.
    No problem Rafie! I'm glad to share Zen interviews and news with everyone here. I wouldn't want anyone to miss out! Plus I check this news website everyday too. LOL

Default Unfair Prices?

Eshop here in the states says coming soon for 7.99. I'm don't understand why wanting us to pay more would make you feel better. How about filing a complaint to Nintendo for you to pay less. Different regions just have different prices, on a lot of things. Hoping all of us here get a $2 price hike doesn't equal fairness. When I lived in Prague PS3 and 360 games were $80 dollars and up and smokes were outrageous. Wishing the rest of the world had to pay the same though wouldn't have made me feel any better, but that's just me.