Thread: Pinball FX 2 Update/Bug fix list

Default Pinball FX 2 Update/Bug fix list

Hey everyone! Here is a list of the bug fixes that have happened with the latest Pinball FX2 update!

Fantastic Four – Nova Flame award

Issue: When the player completed the Human Torch mission, and drained the ball right away, the ball out bonus received the Nova Flame award 40x score multiplier and caused abnormally high bonus scores.

Fix: The ball out cancels the Nova Flame award.

Fantastic Four – Negative Zone ball saver #1

Issue: If the Negative Zone saver is active, and Doctor Doom grabs a ball during the Doctor Doom mission, the saver won't work for the rest of the game.

Fix: The Negative Zone saver now works properly.

Fantastic Four – Negative Zone ball saver #2

Issue: At the end of the final wizard mode, the Negative Zone opens and magnetizes in all the balls. In rare cases, a ball could rarely stick at the out lane, and the game remains hang.

Fix: In this case, the stuck ball will blow up, and will be given back from the plunger.

Fantastic Four – The Sign diverter

Issue: If the player loses the ball in the final Galactus mission, in that phase, when Mister Fantastic’s machine has to be hit, the Sign could stick, and later refuses to rotate for a super jackpot in the Fantastic Four-ball multiball mode.

Fix: The Sign won't stick; the super jackpot can be acquired.

Fantastic Four – Extra balls

Issue: Normally, 2 extra balls can be acquired per ball. Because of a bug, the player could obtain only 2 per game.

Fix: The player can obtain 2 extra balls per ball in play.

Fantastic Four –Skill shot lights

Issue: In rare cases when the player misses the skill shot (flashing FOUR rollover), and at the same time, switched the lit rollovers with the flippers, the FOUR lamps could stick for the rest of the ball.

Fix: The issue has been fixed, the lights won't stick anymore.

Ghost Rider – Multiball

Issue: When a 3-ball multiball was started during the first round of Mephisto mode and then the multiball was over while only one ball was loaded in the shotgun, that ball remained in the gun, and there was no ball on the table.

Fix: When the 3-ball multiball is over with one ball in the shotgun, the player always can go for the super jackpot by using the gun.

Just Fantastic Four and Ghost Rider? What about tables like Paranormal?

Awesome that F4 is now playable again! Thanks!

Amazing that I haven't encountered any of these glitches. Hmm...Well I guess that is very good that its fixed. Thanks Zen!
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Although I never encountered one of these glitches I am happy to hear they are now fixed. Now let's play some FF everyone.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Nice to see that F4 was fixed, thanks alot Zen.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Very cool for the Xbox players. I assume all this is already fixed for ZP2

Great news! Been waiting in anticipation for F4 to be fixed as it is probably my favorite table. Now to see if I can score a legit Billion

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by The Albin0 Rhin0 View Post
    Just Fantastic Four and Ghost Rider? What about tables like Paranormal?

Awesome that F4 is now playable again! Thanks!
    We're still haggling with Microsoft about the 4MB limit on title updates. It's preventing us from doing all the bug fixes we want to, as table files that are larger than 4MB (in some cases, significantly larger) have to be completely overwritten.

Does this mean the F4 leaderboard will be reset as well?

Yeah, the F4 leaderboard absolutely needs to be reset. A lot of those high scores were clearly achieved with the 40x bonus glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    We're still haggling with Microsoft about the 4MB limit on title updates. It's preventing us from doing all the bug fixes we want to, as table files that are larger than 4MB (in some cases, significantly larger) have to be completely overwritten.
    Well I heard FarSight had the same problem and managed to convince Microsoft to let them do this, If they allowed them then surely they should allow Zen.

Either way its nice to know that fixes are ready/made for the Tables.

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Thank you.

Fantastic! Time to dust off Fantastic Four and take it for a spin again!

Edit - And, yes, I did run into those bugs, three of them to be exact
    Last edited by rapierdwit; 06-13-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alipan View Post
    Does this mean the F4 leaderboard will be reset as well?
    We're looking into it!

Woo ! Thanks to have erased F4 glitch, I'm waiting for it to play it since one year.

Thanks for the patch.
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    We're looking into it!
    Mmm... Finaly I think I'll wait a bit before play it again x__x

Thank you guys! F4 was one of my favorite tables when it was released but I haven't touched it since about a week after release due to the bugs. Looking forward to being able to play this again!

We're looking into it!
    it would seem logical to reset the leaderboard as well but I understand there may be other implications.

Anyhow thanks for the reply Barbie. Also great news that the other bugs have been fixed. It's probably only a small proportion of players that will truly appreciate this update so it's great that Zen have taken the time to do this for us.

Red face

Oh plz, oh plz, oh plz, oh PLZ erase the leaderboards for fant4. I don't get to really appreciate good games without using the glitch, because they just pale in comparison -plus, I'm getting really tired of subtracting it from my superscore every time it changes.
    I completely regret letting my curiosity get the better of me n tryin the glitch. I def gotta lotta <3 for that table.
    Pretty plz?

I noticed a new update for Marvel Pinball on the PS3, update 1.05. It added the trophy list for the new Avengers pack, but it was 34mbs I believe? Was there anything else on the update besides getting ready for the pack?

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by CheshireGrin1221 View Post
    Oh plz, oh plz, oh plz, oh PLZ erase the leaderboards for fant4. I don't get to really appreciate good games without using the glitch, because they just pale in comparison -plus, I'm getting really tired of subtracting it from my superscore every time it changes.
    I completely regret letting my curiosity get the better of me n tryin the glitch. I def gotta lotta <3 for that table.
    Pretty plz?
    No. I worked hard on my legit score.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    No. I worked hard on my legit score.
    Oh yea, that's fair. Sorry, got caught up in the prospect of it.
    Ok, so how bout just my score?
    If life's really just a game, it was designed to be played co-op.

Thumbs up

Fair enough.

LOL Vegas said NO! Just NO!! LOL I don't blame you. Besides, what's the point of Zen erasing the leaderboards when ZP2 is right around the corner. The leaderboards will be fresh again.
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    LOL Vegas said NO! Just NO!! LOL I don't blame you. Besides, what's the point of Zen erasing the leaderboards when ZP2 is right around the corner. The leaderboards will be fresh again.
    You forgot you are in the 360 forums. Poor Zen, they are going to get hate if they do reset the 360 Fantastic Four leaderboard or if they don't reset the leaderboard. Let me check...My score has been bumped out of the top 10, down to 15th...reset away!

There is no reason someone that got a legitimate score can't do it again after the reset. Fixing the glitch is great and all but in my opinion the damage is already done with the leaderboard. If you don't erase it then that just means a lot of players had an unfair advantage and now it's gone. I think it would be a good idea to have a Fantastic Four tournament after a reset. That would encourage people to play it again and post a new score.

Just a question : if we don't accept the upgrade, can we always play F4 with the glitch or not ? :/

Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    You forgot you are in the 360 forums. Poor Zen, they are going to get hate if they do reset the 360 Fantastic Four leaderboard or if they don't reset the leaderboard. Let me check...My score has been bumped out of the top 10, down to 15th...reset away!
    Oh yeah you're right. Sorry about that. I also notice that your post count says 360 as well. Cool!
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by PSKay View Post
    There is no reason someone that got a legitimate score can't do it again after the reset. Fixing the glitch is great and all but in my opinion the damage is already done with the leaderboard. If you don't erase it then that just means a lot of players had an unfair advantage and now it's gone. I think it would be a good idea to have a Fantastic Four tournament after a reset. That would encourage people to play it again and post a new score.
    I concur.

Also, on a side note-
    Wims, don't you have enough mind-boggling'ly high scores? We don't need you to break zen's servers after messin with the fant4 glitch.

I could see it now. Everyone has to go without pb for a couple weeks, because wims set a score in the nonillions.

There would pitchforks and torches... like you wouldn't believe.

I read that it's a cost for ZS to make an update and I understand.

But why didn't you fix all the bugs from other tables at once? (Paranormal is juste unplayable)

Ooh, good to know these things are being worked on! Once Paranormal is fixed, I'm definitely going to pick this up again (and finally finish my huge game there), and then try the new tables.

Quote Originally Posted by wims View Post
    I read that it's a cost for ZS to make an update and I understand.

But why didn't you fix all the bugs from other tables at once? (Paranormal is juste unplayable)
    File size! Microsoft has a 4MB size limit on patches and some of the table bug fixes are going to require more than 4MB according to Solitude. It appears that Paranormal is one of them.

They are trying to haggle with Microsoft on the issue, but it doesn't look like they are having much luck.

Quote Originally Posted by wims View Post
    Just a question : if we don't accept the upgrade, can we always play F4 with the glitch or not ? :/
    I think in order to continue playing you have to accept the update, at least that's what it seemed like when I updated mine. I usually get a message that says something like "if you do not accept this update you will be signed out of Xbox Live."

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    File size! Microsoft has a 4MB size limit on patches and some of the table bug fixes are going to require more than 4MB according to Solitude. It appears that Paranormal is one of them.

They are trying to haggle with Microsoft on the issue, but it doesn't look like they are having much luck.
    Yup! We're trying to get them to let us update more, we had to choose what to fix and what to leave for now.

Did the PS3 get it as well. I just fired up to play some Marvel pinball and there was a 31MB update. Or is it for the preparation for next week?

The F4 leaderboard definitely needs a reset - if not Zen should put the glitch back in.

Its important that everyone is able to compete on equal terms.

Even if I had a legitimate good score I would understand the need for a reset. I think everyone on here who played that table must have been well informed enough to realise that it was always a possibility that they would lose that score.

The F4 leaderboard definitely needs a reset - if not Zen should put the glitch back in.

Its important that everyone is able to compete on equal terms.

Even if I had a legitimate good score I would understand the need for a reset. I think everyone on here who played that table must have been well informed enough to realise that it was always a possibility that they would lose that score.
    This is it for me as well.

Thanks Zen for the update!

Angry

The people whining about the reset are the same people who whine about people raising their superscore legitimately. If they had the same superscore,they would not be going on about changing it, and resetting leaderboards and such.

The people whining about the reset are the same people who whine about people raising their superscore legitimately. If they had the same superscore,they would not be going on about changing it, and resetting leaderboards and such.
    I dont think anyone is whining. The only person who seems to be getting emotional about it is you.

Exclamation

I dont think anyone is whining. The only person who seems to be getting emotional about it is you.
    Well people have certainly whined about scores/super scores before. You being among them. And yeah, my scores are legit, I think it's funny people get their panties in a bunch because they cannot recieve high scores.

And I love how just because I disagree with the masses, then I'm automatically "whining" myself. Alipan face it, you hate looking at the superscore leaderboard and seeing me ahead of you.

Well people have certainly whined about scores/super scores before. You being among them. And yeah, my scores are legit, I think it's funny people get their panties in a bunch because they cannot recieve high scores.
    Its been a civilised discussion on this thread - everyone seems quite calm to me!

I dont really understand your point - why do you not want the leaderboard reset?

And I love how just because I disagree with the masses, then I'm automatically "whining" myself. Alipan face it, you hate looking at the superscore leaderboard and seeing me ahead of you.
    Come on vegas theres no need for that - keep it classy!

I apologize. Just been working on rasing my SS for awhile. You know what, let them reset it. My SS is gonna go up anyway. And I was calm, just stating my opinions bluntly like usual. Sorry if I seemed one way or another to you.

Thats OK - apology accepted.

I understand that you are a crazed lunatic on a superscore mission who goes into a minor fit on the prospect of a leaderboard being reset!

Anyhow you may get lucky - Zen may not even reset it.

Thumbs up

LOL. Nice one.

A Fantastic Four reset won't really change the superscore leaderboard much anyway. At least not at the top ranks. A few thousand superscore points isn't that much once you get up into the really high superscores. But that scoring glitch vastly affected the Fantastic Four individual leaderboard. If you get a end of ball bonus of around 50 million and multiply it by 40 you are looking at a score a couple billion points higher than it would have been. That's a huge difference considering the top score on the table is only around 4 billion or something.

Hey guys, we talked about resetting the Fantastic Four leaderboards, and we know that it would make sense to do it for a lot of you, but we did that with Rocky & Bullwinkle in the past and it made more people upset than it helped. While leveling the playing field seems fair to some, those who have not used bugs to achieve higher scores will not feel the same. I hope you understand why we chose to do this and please, PLEASE no more arguing. We're all passionate about pinball and about our scores, so please don't take it out on each other. Take it out on the Hulk table next week

Thumbs up

Thanks a lot for the info Barb. You got it, no more arguing. And yeah, pinball players tend to be extremely passionate and competitive with scores,lol.

Exclamation

And thanks Zen for caring about what your fans think.

Cool

Thats OK - apology accepted.

I understand that you are a crazed lunatic on a superscore mission who goes into a minor fit on the prospect of a leaderboard being reset!

Anyhow you may get lucky - Zen may not even reset it.
    Ya know, accepting the apology woulda been pretty impressive, if it weren't for the subsequent sarcasm. Lol Ali, I have a ton of respect for how quickly you've put your name up there with the better players, I actually remember when you first posted on the forum n had just gotten into pb.
    Coming from someone else, whose introduction to pb was through zen, you can't tell me that some part of a ranking system isn't important ta you. If that were the case, I don't think you woulda sunk to his derisive level.
    Vegas was swinging below the belt, but retaliation is never actually justified, right?

In something like pb, healthy competition is really all we have. I liked the suggestion of leaving the glitch in, if we didn't have the reset. I was always surprised that people didn't just accept the glitch n play to set insanely high scores using it. If it were a real machine with a glitch, I doubt any of us would just let it gather dust because of it.

All competition is relative to skill level and ambition. Super scores aren't actually that important to me either, I'd much prefer getting the last achievements, or wiz modes I haven't.
    Even still, when I pass one these old dogs on any leaderboard (except wiz score), I mentally do a lil dance. (Sometimes it's not just mentally, but don't tell anyone.)

My point is, I doubt any of us can say we play just ta best our own scores. So w/e scores are important to him, to each their own, right?
    Like you said, keep it classy, but to do so requires being a good winner and a good loser. Vegas, you should be able to see where this applies ta you, too.

If anyone has a problem with this opinion - lemme know, and we can settle it on the table... like we're suppose to.
    Win or lose - I'll show you how ta do it gracefully.
    (I take a lot of pride in that.)

Exclamation

Do you have a 360 gamertag? We can rumble right now.

Cool

Heheha, that's the spirit. CheshireCat2117

I'd say we could have a coin toss for table choice, but how do you decide who flips the coin, right? I think your the more veteran player, you should have first choice. (barring extreme n rock & bull for now, plz)

Thumbs up

Cool, I am HIGHxONxFIRE. I'll message you in a bit, I'm in the middle of pitching a perfect Paranormal game right now.

Question

You have all the tables right?

Now that is what we're here for! Duke it out! Let me know if you need a referee

Cool, I am HIGHxONxFIRE. I'll message you in a bit, I'm in the middle of pitching a perfect Paranormal game right now.
    Whoops. Didn't see this. Hope my message didn't interrupt too much.

We'll just say Barb's got winner
    Last edited by CheshireGrin1221; 06-15-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Keep on at them Solitude. The 4mb limit is often ignored for other titles. Skyrim just got a 35mb update for kinect functionality and game fixes. MS regularly overlook it for other titles. Just give em an earful till they capitulate.

Talking I'm finally learning which forum to post my threads into, sorry.

I'm glad that Zen knows about Paranormal. Maybe after the new Marvel tables & ZP2 all come out they will actually fix simple flaws as locked up balls under ramps. Come on guys and Women at Zen update it, Please. I'm obsessed and it's scaring me. jk Loyal Fx2 Pinball Customers deserve better though, right?
    Last edited by theRonlyConly97; 06-16-2012 at 07:27 AM.

Hey guys, we talked about resetting the Fantastic Four leaderboards, and we know that it would make sense to do it for a lot of you, but we did that with Rocky & Bullwinkle in the past and it made more people upset than it helped. While leveling the playing field seems fair to some, those who have not used bugs to achieve higher scores will not feel the same. I hope you understand why we chose to do this and please, PLEASE no more arguing. We're all passionate about pinball and about our scores, so please don't take it out on each other. Take it out on the Hulk table next week
    "... and those who have not used bugs to achieve higher scores will not feel the same." I'm unfortunately in the second group who have never tried to put up a high score with the glitch and stopped playing the table after the table got stuck with my score on 800 odd million because of the NZ glitch (there is a thread somewhere with an image). So... not a very good call, everybody knows that the top scores on that table is not legit. Doesn't matter in the end because with the eventual drop of Pinball FX 3 all the scores will be reset again and just like Pinball FX, FX 2 will disappear into oblivion along with any glitched scores and unbalanced superscore system.

No hard feelings though. I'm just super glad that F4 is fixed again and that I can enjoy it now without it getting stuck somewhere. In my book it is one of the nicest and most balanced tables that Zen has produced... perfect table for a tournament

Red face

Hmm, tell us how ya really feel, man.

I appreciate all the effort that goes into scores like yours, but I still agree with the, "you should be able to do it again" response (you more than most, cloda) -n'after all, wouldn't you like to see your time rewarded with it's appropriate place on the leaderboard?

Who does it hurt except the few fluke games, obviously - but unfortunately, completely overshadowed by flagrantly glitched games?

Im(humble)o.

Hmm, tell us how ya really feel, man.

I appreciate all the effort that goes into scores like yours, but I still agree with the, "you should be able to do it again" response (you more than most, cloda) -n'after all, wouldn't you like to see your time rewarded with it's appropriate place on the leaderboard?

Who does it hurt except the few fluke games, obviously - but unfortunately, completely overshadowed by flagrantly glitched games?

Im(humble)o.
    It should be reset... fully agree with you that if you can make a certain score you would be able to do it again. Barbie just kinda closed the door and said that it is not going to happen so not worth making a further fuss about it... I'm just going to enjoy the table again and it really isn't hard to see who made legit scores and who hasn't.

Exclamation

Zen was literally recieving death threats after they changed the R&B scores. I think that they made the right choice by trying to make their fans happy.

Most people aren't as informed as those of us that visit the forums. They probably don't even know about any of the glitches and don't understand why it would even need resetting. That hardly makes them objective.

A lot of people complain about arcade game leaderboards on Xbox Live lacking integrity due to cheaters and I was happy knowing Pinball FX didn't suffer from that problem. I wouldn't really call someone that used this glitch a cheater since it was a part of the game, but the fact remains that the leaderboard doesn't represent the true best scores.

Obviously, I understand why Zen would want to placate the majority of their customers but I still don't like it.

My opinion is that the high scores for Fantastic Four should be reset. Here is where my story varies from everyone else, my score IS from the glitch. I played the game like I always do, to achieve the best score. I did that by beating every mission while saving Human Torch and Invisible Girl for last (Because, if you drained on Human Torch before the 40x ran out, you lost all progress in the missions, I took this into account). I made sure my EOB bonus was 10x and that I had the bonus held for the next ball. I made sure I had started various multiballs and had the EOB build up to a very high level and that Negative Zone save was off before I started Human Torch. As soon as I beat the mission, I let the ball drain and got the 40x on EOB. Risk verus reward, losing the ball at this point was my best scoring opportunity. I went on to beat the wizard mode and get back to the Wizard Mode a second and third time. My only regret is that I didn't use the 40x a second time with 10x multiplier. Now that the 40x drain has been removed, the scoring system, like it or not, has changed. Thus, IMHO, the scoreboard needs reset. It is just like when the scoring changed on Speed Machine from fx1 to fx2, when a mission goes from being worth 10m to 1m, you HAVE to reset the scoreboards because, simply, the rules have changed.

I agree with you both and I'm sure that zen know that it's not really a satisfactory solution. Unfortunately if you read above it seems that they were stiill deciding on whether to reset the board after the patch was released. They just didn't think if through in advance.

Of course it's ridiculous that the leaderboard is now a mix of two different versions of the table. I'd like to think that someone at zen disagrees with this but at the end of the day they have sacrificed fair play for convenience. I must admit I'm disappointed...

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    My opinion is that the high scores for Fantastic Four should be reset. Here is where my story varies from everyone else, my score IS from the glitch. I played the game like I always do, to achieve the best score. I did that by beating every mission while saving Human Torch and Invisible Girl for last (Because, if you drained on Human Torch before the 40x ran out, you lost all progress in the missions, I took this into account). I made sure my EOB bonus was 10x and that I had the bonus held for the next ball. I made sure I had started various multiballs and had the EOB build up to a very high level and that Negative Zone save was off before I started Human Torch. As soon as I beat the mission, I let the ball drain and got the 40x on EOB. Risk verus reward, losing the ball at this point was my best scoring opportunity. I went on to beat the wizard mode and get back to the Wizard Mode a second and third time. My only regret is that I didn't use the 40x a second time with 10x multiplier. Now that the 40x drain has been removed, the scoring system, like it or not, has changed. Thus, IMHO, the scoreboard needs reset. It is just like when the scoring changed on Speed Machine from fx1 to fx2, when a mission goes from being worth 10m to 1m, you HAVE to reset the scoreboards because, simply, the rules have changed.
    That's exactly how I think everyone woulda played it, if it were a real table. The real reason I regret getting a glitched score is because no matter how much fun I have just playin the table - when the games over n I've invested 3 or 4 times the effort I did for my high score, but get a tenth of the points - it's disheartening. The game was still fun, but I miss taking my games on that table "seriously."
    It just seems like the kinda thing that can agitate zen fans. Fix the glitch, but not the scoreboard = locked in top 20, at least. No ones touchin those scores without it.

With the prospect of fx3 looming on the horizon, I understand why they are disinclined to reset them... But what if, heaven forbid, theres a delay.
    It's just gunna be a thorn in the paw of zen's xbox community then?

So why worry bout the glitch until then, anyway?
    If you aren't gunna do something right, why do it at all... Right?

So why worry bout the glitch until then, anyway?
    If you aren't gunna do something right, why do it at all... Right?
    Well, Fantastic Four was in dire need of an update to fix the game breaking issues (not the 40x glitch, but the other ones). I guess they decided it would be silly to fix those and leave the 40x "glitch." The other option would have been fix everything but the 40x glitch and call it a feature.

Im just glad that I can now play F4 again without worry about them crazy Negative Zone Ball Save glitches etc.

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Thanks for the glitch/patch update, but shame on you ZEN for not wanting to reset the F4 leaderboard.

The reason people were upset about the R&B reset was because it still required a certain amount of skill to set the high scores on that table before the reset. You also didn't have the option to save a game on that table. The nova flame glitch is more about dumb luck than skill. Therefore after scoring around 800 million this week with a very good legitimate game, I'm still over 100 million behind the score I set with my second xbox account due to the glitch the first week the game came out. In fact, I was the first person to post about the glitch on this forum (http://forum.zenstudios.com/showpost...66&postcount=1)

Superscore is a bit out of whack due to Paranormal, but that doesn't mean I cannot try to score better on that table to improve my overall rank. At least reset the leaderboard on F4 so I can compare my skill on that specific table to other players.

Zen, you know what the right thing to do is - RESET the F4 Leaderboard.
    Last edited by IndyRC_Racer; 06-17-2012 at 04:00 AM.

Not resetting the f4 leaderboards sets a poor precedent. Not resetting the board this time because of last time just means they are going to hear more from the other 'side' now. What happens if the next scoring glitch offers more in the way of increasing scores? For me now, I really do not have any interest in the F4 table.

Thanks for the information, much appreciated.

Horrible decision not to reset the leaderboard. That basically sets the top positions of the leaderboard in stone because those scores can't possibly be beaten now. Not resetting defeats the purpose of even fixing the glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by BPestZ View Post
    Not resetting the board this time because of last time just means they are going to hear more from the other 'side' now.
    Yes, but this "other side" (hardcore players and forum members) are far less in numbers. I think Zen is just picking the greater of the two evils.

I doubt any of the hardcore players are going to send them death treats like a few of the casual fans did with the R&B reset. Also, how many of these casual fans know about these bug fixes to begin with? Besides on these forums, the bug list hasn't been posted anywhere else.

A bit off-topic but figured I would ask in this thread - Does the PS3 version of ZP2 include bug fixes/updates to any tables? The discussion of how updates are somewhat limited on 360 made me think that Zen may have been working behind the scenes on the current bug list and have updates prepared. I would seriously consider picking up a PS3 and buying all the tables again if that was the case.

This bloody 4 mb limitation really sucks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    This bloody 4 mb limitation really sucks
    Yea, I bet. It's not like xboxs come with upwards of 80 gigs of space tho. Ya know, thats why mp3 players are still manufactured with 4-8 mb too.
    (i kinda thought, of all people, microstock would see how outrageously minuit 4 MB really is. Guess not.)

Hey zen, is it a limitation that you fall under because you're indie/arcade? Would turnin pro n making a disc "core", allow you more freedom in that regard? If so, how complicated would that change be for you (how complicated would it be for us, too)?
    Last edited by CheshireGrin1221; 06-19-2012 at 11:04 PM.

I absolutely love Fantastic 4 - apart from the clunky mechanical sounds that is! Stackable multi-balls - none of the other tables have it and it is just amazing to have all three going at the same time. Playing this after Epic Quest is like day and night difference... this table is really quality. I'm on to a good game now... hopefully I can get my legit Billion Now that it is fixed (haven't encountered any bugs yet), this is definitely my favourite table.

My favorite trick don't work though any more and that is to let the balls fall through when a multi-ball start to let the multipliers increase... the balls don't just seem to go through the third slot any more.

Did people really send death threats after the R&B reset? I hope they were banned from playing online for life. I seriously hope that the kind of people who would stoop so low are infertile. For the good of humanity.

I can wait for FX3 for a TOTAL reset and I'm looking forward to playing all the tables again.

Avengers chronicles will keep me busy for a while I'm sure.

Before Marvel:CA dropped yesterday I put in a good game on Fantastic 4 and managed to score 2Billion. I manage to encounter all the glitches that were previously game breakers and I must say all their fixes worked. I'm pretty sure that if somebody really wanted to (e.g. during a tournament) that the 4Bil+ can be beaten in a non-glitched game. I managed 1.6Bil on my first ball but then got very impatient as Marvel:CA was busy downloading. Really an awesome table and as I have said before... the stackable multi-balls and the fact that you can activate some of the multi-balls during the missions is brilliant. I hope Zen implement this in future tables as well... so much fun

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    the stackable multi-balls and the fact that you can activate some of the multi-balls during the missions is brilliant. I hope Zen implement this in future tables as well... so much fun
    In Infinity Gauntlet, I tend to activate Monument Multiball a lot while on the upside down gem mission, so it's 2 balls to hit those certain shots instead of 1, it's pretty cool.