Thread: Your Favorite Favorite

Question Your Favorite Favorite

Seeing as we will soon have another set of tables, and therefor just a matter of time until we can systematically evaluate and determine which are our "favorite avengers table"s - I thought it would be interesting to hear what everyone's absolute favorite table would be.

So, if you had to pick one, out of all the tables - just one personal favorite - which would that be? And why that one? (if you have one least-favorite, feel free to share that too.) *cough*extreme*cough*

I struggled with deciding between fant4 and mars. I prefer the them because of how evenly spread out their objectives are. lean away from anything that requires grinding, it's too tedious for my taste. I do think blade n xmen do this well, too - which is ultimately, what showed me that it came down to the actual layout in the end.
    F4 has great synergy and I prefer it's objectives over mars; but the varying types of shots and the reward system of mars, finally sealed the deal fer me.
    It's got just the right balance of hard and soft flips, and fully utilizes every aspect of it's components, imho.

I was a difficult decision,
    but my vote def goes to mars.

I think those two are the only tables I can play for hours, without ever even looking at my score. That says a lot to me.

How bout y'all, tho?

I guess I have to go with Blade. I enjoy the complexity of the table. I do like the table layout but it's not my absolute favorite in that regard. But I love the shop, acquiring items, night and day cycle. You have standard missions like most tables but you also have to complete side objectives in order to spell out Dracula and advance to the wizard mode. And the day time has it's own goal of spelling out Blade for Daywalker multiball. There is just so much to do on the table and there is no shortcut to scoring. You have to complete the wizard mode in order to really score big.

Least favorite is Rocky and Bullwinkle. I might like if not for the brutal combination of outlanes and slingshots. Shooting the boxtop targets is necessary to start missions but it's incredibly dangerous due to wild bounces and you pretty much need the ball save up in order to do it safely. Ugh.

I have to go with Blade as well. I'm a lighting nut when it comes to pinball and I really like the florescent lighting used during the Night Mode.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by PSKay View Post
    Least favorite is Rocky and Bullwinkle. I might like if not for the brutal combination of outlanes and slingshots. Shooting the boxtop targets is necessary to start missions but it's incredibly dangerous due to wild bounces and you pretty much need the ball save up in order to do it safely. Ugh.
    I hear ya there. With all due respect to zen staff, whoever decided to make the outlane dividers shorter than the in, needs to be used as a human pinball. If only for a little bit.
    If life's really just a game, it was designed to be played co-op.

Well in the midst most of the 'favorite table' threads that have been popping up lately, I can't seem to settle on just one.

Both tables you've described are in my top 10 list and I really can't pin down which one is the 'one'.

I've been playing a lot of X-Men lately. When I first played this table when V&V was released, I though it was blah but after playing the table trying to figure it out and reading the guides here, It might be the best table I have ever played. The table is so darn fun that, like you, am at a point where I don't worry about the score, but focus on getting the X-Men letters lit. There are so many different ways to achieve multi-balls and trying keep those balls on the table to increase your scores.

There is so much to do on this table. I wont go into detail but man is a fun table.

I guess after all this, X-men is my favorite now. At first it was Epic Quest and Thor but now X-Men is really taking a lot of my play time until Avengers is released.

That said I guess my top 10 lists change but they are all great tables.

1. X-Men
    2. Epic Quest
    3. Thor
    4. Fantastic Four
    5. Moon Knight
    6. MARS
    7. Captain America
    8. Iron Man
    9. Sorcerer's Lair
    10. El Dorado (yes I'm a PS3 user wish I could play Bucaneer, Rome, Pasha, Bio lab, and all those other interesting tables without getting a completely new system.

Epic Quest is my all time favourite, had so much fun on this table, and also my highest score.

Blade,Moon Knight, Secrets of the Deep, Biolab, Paranormal.
    Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 06-15-2012 at 08:16 PM.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Man people don't know the definition of one these days eh xD...

It's a hard question for sure. In terms of most time spent, that would probably go to Iron Man... Something about that table... But in terms of sheer enjoyment; I have no idea.

Thor comes out in my mind but that is influenced by the newness of it.

I have a soft-spot for Captain America. Something about that one I enjoy, not really sure what.

I guess I like tables that look less cluttered overall... Man really thinking about it I can't actually give an honest answer because I don't know.

My least favourite is Speed Machine by a long shot. Absolutely terrible table imo. I actually can enjoy the odd game of Extreme from time-to-time.

Yeah, Speed Machine is probably my least favourite, although Street Fighter is a close contender because of the annoying ball spinning. Xtreme is ... okay.

Not really sure on "favourite". Epic Quest is definitely up there; I've probably spent the most time and learned the rules most comprehensively on that one. It also has the benefit of having no really frustrating shots for me (cave shot probably hardest for me, but not such a big deal, especially because you can hit it from trapped ball on lower left flipper tip shot, so it's easy to practice).

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lepruk86 View Post
    Man people don't know the definition of one these days eh xD...

It's a hard question for sure. In terms of most time spent, that would probably go to Iron Man... Something about that table... But in terms of sheer enjoyment; I have no idea.

Thor comes out in my mind but that is influenced by the newness of it.

I have a soft-spot for Captain America. Something about that one I enjoy, not really sure what.

I guess I like tables that look less cluttered overall... Man really thinking about it I can't actually give an honest answer because I don't know.

My least favourite is Speed Machine by a long shot. Absolutely terrible table imo. I actually can enjoy the odd game of Extreme from time-to-time.
    Gah, lookin at the collection of tables you talk about, they're all the ones I really think are well laid-out, but through poor synergy (perhaps just a lack of engaging dynamics, such as mission modes and random variable effects) - they just feel... Plain. Almost easy, even if I don't do so well.

Or rather, I feel like I don't do well, because they don't challenge me into wanting to do well.
    Does that make any sense?

I think capt amer has one of the best "floor plans" or layout designs, no contest; but I still don't ever have a whole lotta ambition to play it. It's kinda a bummer, actually.
    CptAm would be exactly the kinda layout I'd use for a calvin n hobbes table. I just lightbulbs galore go off in my head when I thought about it

{sn: I'm the opposite with extr & spdmchn, occasional good round on the track, but always face plantin off the board. }

Excalibur is the best table. Say what you will want about how hard the wizard modes are in Iron Man and Thor (which they are) but I am willing to bet anyone who says that have not even REACHED, must less beat, Excalibur's Wizard Mode....or even knows it exists. A great player can reach Iron Man and Thor's Wizard Mode every game, not so on Excalibur.

Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    Excalibur is the best table. Say what you will want about how hard the wizard modes are in Iron Man and Thor (which they are) but I am willing to bet anyone who says that have not even REACHED, must less beat, Excalibur's Wizard Mode....or even knows it exists. A great player can reach Iron Man and Thor's Wizard Mode every game, not so on Excalibur.
    No I have not reached the wizard mode on that table or even most of the older tables by Zen. I really do like Excalibur. Love the theme and the difficulty. Perhaps I'm waiting for ZP2 to fully try it out and see if I can get to wizard mode etc.

Excalibur is definitely up there for me, but I think I'm not good enough at it (yet..) for it to be a contender as "favourite". I still rarely complete missions on that table.

In terms of table art and audio I absolutely love it! I also really appreciate the lack of "gimmicks" like levitating balls, and the fact that it's not super-hero themed is a breath of fresh air

Question

So you proved it's the most difficult, granted.
    How does that justify calling it "the best", as if it were an objective fact n not your subjective opinion tho?
    I think I missed that part.

Is the wiz mode so outrageously innovative that all of us will immediately convert our beliefs, once we get through it?
    Honestly, it could be... I wouldn't know. (I just have my doubts.)

Quote Originally Posted by CheshireGrin1221 View Post

So, if you had to pick one, out of all the tables - just one personal favorite - which would that be? And why that one? (if you have one least-favorite, feel free to share that too.) *cough*extreme*cough*

So you proved it's the most difficult, granted.
    How does that justify calling it "the best", as if it were an objective fact n not your subjective opinion tho?
    I think I missed that part.
    Oh, trust me, it's all opinion I thought that was the point of the thread hehe. Excalibur just always draws me back in, the challenge is always there and, while you can grind a few different modes, not one of them really sticks out as a huge pointfest that unbalances the scoring. In my opinion, Excalibur has the best balance in scoring, challenge, mission variety, etc... and when I start every game, I always feel like I have a legit chance to beat my high score. And,finally, the sheer challenge of needing a near-perfect game to even hope to reach the Wizard Mode. My point about Iron Man and Thor is that, yes, the Wizard Modes themselves are wicked hard but getting to them isn't the true challenge, beating them is. All of this is my opinion, of course, just pretty assume that on anything I write
    Last edited by rapierdwit; 06-17-2012 at 12:02 AM.

Talking

Oh, trust me, it's all opinion I thought that was the point of the thread hehe. Excalibur just always draws me back in, the challenge is always there and, while you can grind a few different modes, not one of them really sticks out as a huge pointfest that unbalances the scoring. In my opinion, Excalibur has the best balance in scoring, challenge, mission variety, etc... and when I start every game, I always feel like I have a legit chance to beat my high score. And,finally, the sheer challenge of needing a near-perfect game to even hope to reach the Wizard Mode. My point about Iron Man and Thor is that, yes, the Wizard Modes themselves are wicked hard but getting to them isn't the true challenge, beating them is. All of this is my opinion, of course, just pretty assume that on anything I write
    Cheers. I thought I might've offended, I'm glad to see I didn't.
    I completely understand, btb. Everything's a matter of opinion in the end, right - thusly, it's all relative. If it all comes down to opinion, it only makes sense to be an opinionated person - at least, imo, of course.

It's the people that don't realize these things, that concern me...

Gah, lookin at the collection of tables you talk about, they're all the ones I really think are well laid-out, but through poor synergy (perhaps just a lack of engaging dynamics, such as mission modes and random variable effects) - they just feel... Plain. Almost easy, even if I don't do so well.

Or rather, I feel like I don't do well, because they don't challenge me into wanting to do well.
    Does that make any sense?

I think capt amer has one of the best "floor plans" or layout designs, no contest; but I still don't ever have a whole lotta ambition to play it. It's kinda a bummer, actually.
    CptAm would be exactly the kinda layout I'd use for a calvin n hobbes table. I just lightbulbs galore go off in my head when I thought about it

{sn: I'm the opposite with extr & spdmchn, occasional good round on the track, but always face plantin off the board. }
    I think I tend to be drawn to the tables that feel like real tables. The ones mentioned have very direct, easy-to-grasp mechanics but still require solid play to beat. Capt. America can be flukey with the chance-to-save-ball mechanic though.

I guess I play pinball to chill out. I don't really get stressed at the game and am usually in a very *calm* state when playing. So I like the challenging tables that don't require concerntration. That sounds like an oxymoron but it isn't in the way I mean it.

I suppose I like tables with a clear, achievable goal and rewards precision over perseverance.

Hard to explain really <.<... Anyone know what I mean? Anyone? No... okay...

*paranoid eye shift*.

I think I tend to be drawn to the tables that feel like real tables. The ones mentioned have very direct, easy-to-grasp mechanics but still require solid play to beat. Capt. America can be flukey with the chance-to-save-ball mechanic though.

I guess I play pinball to chill out. I don't really get stressed at the game and am usually in a very *calm* state when playing. So I like the challenging tables that don't require concerntration. That sounds like an oxymoron but it isn't in the way I mean it.

I suppose I like tables with a clear, achievable goal and rewards precision over perseverance.

Hard to explain really <.<... Anyone know what I mean? Anyone? No... okay...

*paranoid eye shift*.
    I know what you mean. Although I love tables like Biolab, even though I've played it a fair bit its very unclear how to progress to the wizard mode.

Tables like Thor are easy to grasp; here is the mission hole, here are the side missions, do them. I think thats why its my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderQuarantine View Post
    I know what you mean. Although I love tables like Biolab, even though I've played it a fair bit its very unclear how to progress to the wizard mode.

Tables like Thor are easy to grasp; here is the mission hole, here are the side missions, do them. I think thats why its my favourite.
    Please come teach my class for me!!! You have a much better way with words... and I'm an English teacher... *cries*.

Please come teach my class for me!!! You have a much better way with words... and I'm an English teacher... *cries*.
    It's not the words or English. You need to brush up on your math instead.

In math, we learn a thing called "simplify".

Lol, I think you did an excellent job describing such a subtle distinction;
    And although the comparison between bio and thor does exaggerate a few qualities that express that difference - I actually think that the overall table design for those two is incredibly comparable.
    Hitting the 3 body parts - hit URU
    Both have orbits that eventually turn into multiballs.
    Without getting too pedantic about it, I think those two tables are... Practically unchangeable. In fact, that said, bio at least has other game modes to get going. Thor, is too rufus. Beside the missions, you can start 1 multi outside the mission hole, n 1 in. It end up bein redundant to me, n thats one of the tables I'm in the top 50 lol.

When you mention precision over perseverance, I think you're talking about a table that yards persistence and not resilience. (grinding is an endurance trial. Finesse is a control isstghue.) I'd say blade is one of the best examples of a table that doesn't reward dumb luck for just keeping the ball alive.
    capt america to a lessor degree.

Btb, what level english do you teach, m8? Just outta curiosity.

Lol, I think you did an excellent job describing such a subtle distinction;
    And although the comparison between bio and thor does exaggerate a few qualities that express that difference - I actually think that the overall table design for those two is incredibly comparable.
    Hitting the 3 body parts - hit URU
    Both have orbits that eventually turn into multiballs.
    Without getting too pedantic about it, I think those two tables are... Practically unchangeable. In fact, that said, bio at least has other game modes to get going. Thor, is too rufus. Beside the missions, you can start 1 multi outside the mission hole, n 1 in. It end up bein redundant to me, n thats one of the tables I'm in the top 50 lol.

When you mention precision over perseverance, I think you're talking about a table that yards persistence and not resilience. (grinding is an endurance trial. Finesse is a control isstghue.) I'd say blade is one of the best examples of a table that doesn't reward dumb luck for just keeping the ball alive.
    capt america to a lessor degree.

Btb, what level english do you teach, m8? Just outta curiosity.
    Haha don't judge my forum rambles... I am not a grammar nazi and am quite lapse on websites (Not a *fit-in* thing, I just type how I'd naturally speak I suppose) xD.

I teach at high-school level (UK) but am qualified to teach up to A-level (6th-form).

At the moment I am a TA that substitutes regular lessons but am trying to get a permanent post.

I have a 2:1 BA Hons English Degree (2nd highest grade) and did my dissertation on the grammatical and language qualities of interactive fiction. I also wrote an extended essay on how technology can improve class-room learning.

(hope that wasn't too much of an answer). I tend to get quite a good reception from kids though so xD.

I think it's because whilst I can and do discipline when necessary. I also admit I play video games etc and try to use tech (music, interactive boards and computers etc) where ever I can... As I know these enhance the learning experience and today's kids are far more responsive to digital learning than just reading from books etc.
    Last edited by Lepruk86; 06-17-2012 at 10:08 PM.

That makes sense, I've been a writer as long as I can recall, but I wasn't properly absorbed in readin until four, maybe five years ago (thanks mainly to The Alchemist and Ishmael) People gotta learn what they find interestin before they'll have a desire to study anythin.

Now when you say "interactive fiction" I'm assuming you aren't talking about the goosebumps, choose your fate, books. Mind elucidating on that a lil?

N highschool level in the UK. Thats like... A professor over here, right? (southern california-dumb blonde capital of the world, n all.)

Editorial note: prolly shoulda made this a private message at this point. Doh!
    Last edited by CheshireGrin1221; 06-18-2012 at 01:17 AM.

That makes sense, I've been a writer as long as I can recall, but I wasn't properly absorbed in readin until four, maybe five years ago (thanks mainly to The Alchemist and Ishmael) People gotta learn what they find interestin before they'll have a desire to study anythin.

Now when you say "interactive fiction" I'm assuming you aren't talking about the goosebumps, choose your fate, books. Mind elucidating on that a lil?

N highschool level in the UK. Thats like... A professor over here, right? (southern california-dumb blonde capital of the world, n all.)

Editorial note: prolly shoulda made this a private message at this point. Doh!
    Haha is a bit of a thread ninja...

Well I essentially teach 11-16; but am qualified to teach from 4-18 (assuming no gap years, as once you get to 6th form level you tend to have mature students etc).

I really am unfamiliar with how schools work in America. I still get confused when watching t.v shows between senior / sophomore etc.

Note: My spell check did not like "Sophomore" but I assume that is the correct spelling.

Only one shout out to PBFX originals (excalibur)?

All time favorite has to be Wolverine... more time on this than any other table by far, and along with Blade it's the only original Marvel table I still play (I won't even consider Spider-man anymore).

buuuuuut, if I had to go with a PBFX original I'd say Extreme or Earth Defense, two very underrated tables.

Those of you who put Extreme as a least favorite: 1). Have you ever played the real table Black Knight and if so what did you think of it? and 2). Is it the background sound/music or the layout itself?

Thumbs up

Schools in America work? Since when?

I'm of the mindset that it's better to have an expansive vocabulary, with a spelling error or two, than a vocabulary of one or two words - regardless of how well they're spelled.

Schools in America work? Since when?

I'm of the mindset that it's better to have an expansive vocabulary, with a spelling error or two, than a vocabulary of one or two words - regardless of how well they're spelled.
    I type quite fast so as a result my spelling is terrible lol...

I have to double check so many times before a class to make sure I don't make mistakes on the board >.>... I usually end up having to do a version of the set homework just to make sure I don't forget what I have actually asked/set etc...

Really not painting myself up well eh? haha... xD

I have real difficulty holding myself to a favourite so many tables that I really enjoy, but the one that is holding my attention a lot at the moment is Mars. There is a lot to do on the table and despite having one of the most toe-curlingly random missions in it (I'm looking at you pyramid) I really enjoy the fact you have to complete a series of sub missions before getting to the real mission for each table feature.

My least favourite table by a long shot is Buccaneer. Just feels like a boring table. Uninspiring music and what feels like a very empty table. I'll still play it from time to time, but it's easily my least played table.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsesmith View Post
    I have real difficulty holding myself to a favourite so many tables that I really enjoy, but the one that is holding my attention a lot at the moment is Mars. There is a lot to do on the table and despite having one of the most toe-curlingly random missions in it (I'm looking at you pyramid) I really enjoy the fact you have to complete a series of sub missions before getting to the real mission for each table feature.
    Mars was my favourite for a long time, and still ranks way up there for me. I really love its atmospheric music, and "uncluttered" appearance.

If only it weren't for the *&^*&^ anti-grav gimmick!

The sun storm mission also frustrates me, but that's a "good" kind of frustration, and is good practice for flipper passing, which I clearly need to get better at for that one...

Post My top 10 and 3 worst tables list

What's up guys? 2 days until utter happiness! I will get the new tables for PS3, but I know that they will be inferior until ZP2 fixes everything. So Wednesday is my target day for complete pinball nirvana. I finally completed a full game of Paranormal and I would recommend not doing the levitation multiball mode, but if you do only hit the ball when it is in the center of the table. Thank you to IndyRCracer for posting a score that my 7 year old son wanted me to achieve. My son thinks that you are my arch nemesis. He makes me laugh. Here is my top 10.
    1.Thor (speed, ball physics, and a difficult layout this table is great.)
    2.Spider-Man (This is why I bought FX2 in the 1st place, just fun.)
    3.Epic Quest (Leveling up, fighting monsters, and epic items to wear.)
    4.Captain America (Just an overall great design. Playable every time.)
    5.Ms. Splosion Man (Got really into this table during the last tournie.)
    6.X-MEN (Great table, difficult to finish, keeps me coming back.)
    7.Paranormal (Even with the glitches this table is very entertaining.)
    8.Moon Knight (Excellent ramp placement makes the game play fast.)
    9.Excalibur (Beautiful coloring and audio, Difficult which I like.)
    10.Sorcerers Lair (This game has grown on me the last few months.
    Close to making the top 10 Wolverine, Rome, Fantastic Four, &
    Ghost Rider.
    My 3 Least Favorite Tables
    1.Rocky & Bullwinkle (Who designed that monstrosity in middle of the
    play field. Just not a table that I return to very often.)
    2.Nightmare Mansion (What a Steamer! This actually might be my
    least favorite mostly because of the audio portion of the table.)
    3.Buccaneer (You have a great theme for a table and this is the end
    product? You actually want me to hit a palm tree with 3 targets? A
    tree? Really? The scoring system is horrible and game play can seem
    very tedious at times. Come on Zen, you can do better than this.
    Last edited by theRonlyConly97; 06-19-2012 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theRonlyConly97 View Post
    Rocky & Bullwinkle (Who designed that monstrosity in middle of the play field.
    If memory serves, it's similar to Sorceror (Williams). I imagine it's specifically intended to send balls out the left outlane. I like to play it on occasion due to its distinct feeling, but I find the audio can get annoyingly repetitive quickly.

My favourite table by far is Secrets Of The Deep. I love the underwater theme. The table layout is great - even though they have divded the table into 2 areas neither seems cramped and there are loads of things to do - lots of choice and variety. It seems to flow well too. There is even a talking shark - what more do you want?

Runner up - Excalibur or maybe Rome.

Least favourite - Extreme and Speed Machine are my least favourites because they both feel really cramped and I find them annoying rather than fun.

Excalibur was the first "full" table I unlocked after picking up the PBFX2 client (having missed out on 1) and though I have other tables I adore (Blade is high up there, and Paranormal), and I don't play it as much as I once did...

..the music, the theme, the look.... yeah, even if its a bit dated by standards of the other, newer tables if I had to pick only one "absolute favorite" -- it would be Excalibur. Gods I love that table.

Least favorite remains eXtreme.. it jsut feels bad to me, and the gimmick grates. ROcky and Bullwinkle are pretty low there too, though someone mentioned Nightmare Mansion and I actually regard it pretty fondly.

But honestly, R&B and X-treme are the only tables I don't play at all anymore really, at least periodically despite hugging to my favorites more commonly.
    Last edited by Jack o' Wolves; 06-20-2012 at 08:46 PM.

Default Extreme?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Nation View Post
    Only one shout out to PBFX originals (excalibur)?

All time favorite has to be Wolverine... more time on this than any other table by far, and along with Blade it's the only original Marvel table I still play (I won't even consider Spider-man anymore).

buuuuuut, if I had to go with a PBFX original I'd say Extreme or Earth Defense, two very underrated tables.

Those of you who put Extreme as a least favorite: 1). Have you ever played the real table Black Knight and if so what did you think of it? and 2). Is it the background sound/music or the layout itself?
    My problem with Extreme isnt the theme or the music or the score. I think it is more to do with my expectations. When I saw the skateboard picture on the menu I was expecting a table that looked like a skatepark with all kinds of crazy ramps and rails, maybe even a quater pipe somewhere, and a fast-flowing style. Instead I got a small, cramped table with no interesting ramps or rails at all, and nothing cool to play with. It didnt seem to fit the theme.

It is possible I have misjudged it though - what is it about this table that you like? (no I havent played Black Knight by the way).
    I recently went back to Iron Man (having written it off as 'no fun') and with the help of the superb guides by rapierdwit and Cloda I have totally changed my mind about it.

My least favorite table is....NOT Xtreme! I know, shocking My least favorite table is Rome. The ramps are punishing, the table tilt is too extreme but most of all the unbalanced scoring totally kills it for me. You can try to be safe and methodical and progress (frustratingly) through the missions but one round of Romulos (sp?) multiball can outscore hours and hours of work? I simply do not have fun on this table. I literally have not touched it since I broke 100m on it.

I much prefer the tables that you have to work a bit harder to keep the ball in play (without this i feel that the tables lose their addictive 'one more play' quality. Epic Quest anyone?). As such the ones i consistently go back to are Ironman, Fantastic 4, Wolverine and Xmen. Of those, Xmen probably shades it since there's so much to do on it and there are so many shots that demand a fair bit of skill and dexterity to complete.

I'm laughing at the hatred for the older tables like Rocky & Bulwinkle - i actually quite like old R&B . Yeh, its mightily hard to keep the ball in play but for some mad reason it keeps me coming back for one more go at beating my own best score .... and that's the sign of a good 'arcade' game i reckon. I think sometimes folk dismiss tables because they cant ramp up huge scores on them - that probably says more about them than the tables though.

Ghost Rider
    i just love how well they got the concept and how fun is the shotgun launcher
    also its mostly based on Volume 6 which had my favorite GR arc ever by Jason Aaron, the Heavens on fire arc from which Zadkiel (the armored angel that fight you in wizard mode) and Sara the caretaker (the woman that saves your balls) are
    also i really love the music of that table
    close second is Thor

Quote Originally Posted by bazz View Post
    Ghost Rider
    i just love how well they got the concept and how fun is the shotgun launcher
    also its mostly based on Volume 6 which had my favorite GR arc ever by Jason Aaron, the Heavens on fire arc from which Zadkiel (the armored angel that fight you in wizard mode) and Sara the caretaker (the woman that saves your balls) are
    also i really love the music of that table
    close second is Thor
    I'm glad that you Marvel fans are able to appreciate the finer details of the Marvel tables. I on the other hand have never really had the opportunity to read comics (movies is my only exposure) and purely only play the tables based on its pinball merit. As such a table such as Ghost rider is not high up on my list of favourites.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

At first i thought excalibur was a great table. But it's probably my most hated table in the game. I'm just terrible at it (Same with blade).

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
    At first i thought excalibur was a great table. But it's probably my most hated table in the game. I'm just terrible at it (Same with blade).
    i know how you feel about Excalibur, i also suck at that table but i keep going back because i love medieval based tables (after all medieval madness is one of my favorite real life tables) also i really like its music

I have never been able to reach the Wizard mode as I have never been able to figure out an effective way to hit all the targets so that you can do the knights of the round table missions. The scoring is quite well balanced, but there is one mission that is quite easy with practice and my high scoring game on the table was mostly done by repeating this missions... if somebody don't know which one it is, just search for it on the forum, it has been discussed before.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Exclamation I'm not hating on R&B.

I do not hate any fx2 tables. I love them all! That said, some tables are far and away better conceived and designed than others. Hence we all have our favorite tables, but some are not going to stand the test of time well. The new marvel tables have set a new standard, by which all the future tables will be judged against. I Love all of the tables, just some more than others (R&B). There is no hatred for any table, theme, or designer. I just have disappointment for a small few. Nothing that Pinball won't fix. Seriously though I have much love for everyone at Zen Studios, FX2, ZP2, and this forum (Barbie especially). Keep on Keeping on. I can't wait to see what's next. Video Pinball? Who would have thought that it could be so spectacular? I've been hooked for over a year now. Once again guys, Simply Amazing work.

Quote Originally Posted by theRonlyConly97 View Post
    I do not hate any fx2 tables. I love them all! That said, some tables are far and away better conceived and designed than others. Hence we all have our favorite tables, but some are not going to stand the test of time well. The new marvel tables have set a new standard, by which all the future tables will be judged against. I Love all of the tables, just some more than others (R&B). There is no hatred for any table, theme, or designer. I just have disappointment for a small few. Nothing that Pinball won't fix. Seriously though I have much love for everyone at Zen Studios, FX2, ZP2, and this forum (Barbie especially). Keep on Keeping on. I can't wait to see what's next. Video Pinball? Who would have thought that it could be so spectacular? I've been hooked for over a year now. Once again guys, Simply Amazing work.
    Awww thanks!

I'm still undecided on my all-time favorite-- It used to be Ms Splosion Man, but it might be Infinity Gauntlet now, I have a feeling that might change though with our next release....

Honestly, asking someone to pick their "favorite favorite" out of 32 tables (I only have FX2) is a bit of a tall order. Knowing that each table has its own theme/design/flow/mechanics just makes it that much harder. I've been contemplating this question for a few weeks now and, to be honest, I wasn't sure I could pick a "favorite favorite".

I know everyone has a couple that are their "favorites". I personally have a top 5. The tables within my top 5/top 10 change on a daily basis with as often as I play. Some tables I like better some days, other days its a different one.
    Example: SotD wasn't even in my top 10 last week, now it is. Because I've been playing it a lot lately and recently demolished my old high score (went from 75Mil to 351Mil). Obviously a game like that is going to make a table jump up near the top of your favorites. Especially an awesomely designed table like SotD.
    Example 2: Blade was on my "don't really care" list a few months back. Started to play it a few months ago and fell in love with it. Ever since about 2 months ago, when I actually learned the table, its steadily poking the #1 spot just barely lagging behind with Infinity Gauntlet close on its heels after the release of AC.

Although with all this being said, and after weeks of contemplating on the subject, I'd still have to go with Moon Knight. While my top 5/top 10 changes on a weekly/daily basis, Moon Knight has been #1 on my top 5 since a week after V&V's launch. Other tables have come and gone from the top 5/top 10 but this one has consistently remained the "champion" if you will. If Zen ever designs a better table than Moon Knight I'll be surprised to be honest. My reasoning is simple: It flows fantastically, the wizard mode is a challenge but not too much and the there are some easy missions, some hard missions. The music and design (artwork) of the table are extraordinary and the voice acting is superb (although IG's voice acting blows this one away).

If I had to pick a least favorite it would have to Speed Machine. That table is just so bland its not even funny. They took what could have been a nice table concept and totally dropped the ball (no pun intended).

Very interesting topic by the way. Made me wrack my brain for days on end trying to come up with a good answer, and made me go back and play some tables I've been neglecting due to "new table hype". This is why I love these forums. People can discuss things logically and not resort to silly flame wars (I'm looking at you WoW forums!). This community is simply awesome.
    Wizard Modes Completed: Buccaneer (1-6-11) SotD (1-20-11) Agents (1-24-11) Biolab (3-31-11) MSM (10-8-11) SL (10-12-11)
    Paranormal (10-26-11) S-M (11-13-11) MK (12-15-11) X-Men (12-19-11) GR (1-15-12) CA (1-17-12) EQ (2-16-12) Rome (3-11-12)
    Pasha (3-12-12) NM (3-28-12) Extreme (5-16-12) Thor (5-22-12) SM (5-26-12) WWH (6-21-12) FF (6-22-12) Blade (6-23-12)
    IG (6-24-12) PvZ (1-7-13) ESB (2-27-13) CivilWar (6-22-13) BF (7-2-13)

Quote Originally Posted by E113 View Post
    Very interesting topic by the way. Made me wrack my brain for days on end trying to come up with a good answer, and made me go back and play some tables I've been neglecting due to "new table hype". This is why I love these forums. People can discuss things logically and not resort to silly flame wars (I'm looking at you WoW forums!). This community is simply awesome.
    I agree! You guys are all so relaxed, it's so nice! I used to play WoW (during and for a few months after beta) but I never dared to check out the forums, people in the game were bad enough... haha

OOOOH I think I will have to ponder about this and come back with a list. For now I'll tell you most certainly that Infinity Gauntlet is my favorite table and...of course Extreme is my least favorite. I still love Rocky & BullWinkle. I guess its the kid in me because I faithfully watched that cartoon. The sounds were awesome and I actually like the table. I understand when someone says that they don't like that piece in the middle. I didn't either, but it grew on me and challenged me to keep the ball in the playing field.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

I quickly updated a thread where I rated all the tables. As I was thinking through it, I was pleasantly surprised to see that some of the tables from last two Marvel packs are quite high up on my ratings... I somehow felt that they wouldn't be

Table Ranking 1 - 32

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    I quickly updated a thread where I rated all the tables. As I was thinking through it, I was pleasantly surprised to see that some of the tables from last two Marvel packs are quite high up on my ratings... I somehow felt that they wouldn't be

Table Ranking 1 - 32
    I was honestly thinking about making a new "vote for top 10" thread or something of the like (not a poll though) now that AC has been out for a while. I know my favorites have changed dramatically since the last one. I think a table ranking thread (new one) may be a nice idea too though. Maybe I'll do one or the other later tonight depending on my boredom level and whether or not someone beats me to it.
    Wizard Modes Completed: Buccaneer (1-6-11) SotD (1-20-11) Agents (1-24-11) Biolab (3-31-11) MSM (10-8-11) SL (10-12-11)
    Paranormal (10-26-11) S-M (11-13-11) MK (12-15-11) X-Men (12-19-11) GR (1-15-12) CA (1-17-12) EQ (2-16-12) Rome (3-11-12)
    Pasha (3-12-12) NM (3-28-12) Extreme (5-16-12) Thor (5-22-12) SM (5-26-12) WWH (6-21-12) FF (6-22-12) Blade (6-23-12)
    IG (6-24-12) PvZ (1-7-13) ESB (2-27-13) CivilWar (6-22-13) BF (7-2-13)

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I agree! You guys are all so relaxed, it's so nice! I used to play WoW (during and for a few months after beta) but I never dared to check out the forums, people in the game were bad enough... haha
    If you thought the WoW forums were bad, try to have a civilized serious discussion on any of the call of duty or battlefield 3 forums.

Prepare for your head to explode

Well since AC has been released favorites do change. That said after playing the new tables for a few weeks, My list changes daily/weekly all except ONE .

Fear Itself.
    Can't describe what a marvelous table this is. Challenging yet doable mission. Many that require accurate shots. To me the depth feels a lot like X-Men. a Variety of Muliball modes and there is so much to do on this table. The magnet system is really unique.

Fear itself certainly dethroned my top table by a land slide.

As it is the top 5 are tough still even the other AC tables are so good. But I can't help going back to my favorites.

Top 5 Marvel -

Fear Itself
    X-men
    Avengers
    Fantastic Four
    Thor

Top 5 Zen
    Epic Quest
    Mars
    Sorcerers Lair
    El Doradp
    Excalibur

Cool Absolute Favorite

Speed Machine
    The rest is icing.

Such a hard question since I like almost all the tables.

But if I had to choose only one that would be either Sorcerer's Lair or Thor.
    I had the most fun with these two and in the end I would say that it has to be Thor!
    Sorcerer's Lair has the most amazing theme and colours but Thor has some of the best missions imo along with a great table design and sound effects!
    PSN: DreamyElf

was going to go for spiderman just loved the flow of the tablenit was fairly easy but enjoyable none the less,HOWEVER Fear Itself has just shaded it what an unbelievable table,didnt care much for it the first few trys but i look forward to getting home and playing it everyday..if only i could get to the wizard mode!

Quote Originally Posted by Mungoholly View Post
    was going to go for spiderman just loved the flow of the tablenit was fairly easy but enjoyable none the less,HOWEVER Fear Itself has just shaded it what an unbelievable table,didnt care much for it the first few trys but i look forward to getting home and playing it everyday..if only i could get to the wizard mode!

Just keep hacking at that Fear Itself Table. The missions are challenging and all doable. Just keep practicing at it. Once you get the idea of how they are it may be a little easier. This table requires accurate shots which I love. It's not necessarily a wizard mode in the end it's more of a bonus mode. However the points attained will be well worth it. Also when I got to it I was elated when I finally got the trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Just keep hacking at that Fear Itself Table.

Cheers mate, i will do,i fell in love with it due to the fact it was the 1st table ive ever done a Deathsave on...

My favorite table is still Agents.