Thread: Official World War Hulk Thread

Default Official World War Hulk Thread

Well, since this set up worked so well when V&V came out ( worked way more better than I thought it would, but hey, we are Zen fans after all), I thought that we should do the same with this set of tables. I will be coming back and editing my opinions of the tables in these threads in a few hours when the tables are actually released on PSN. Like before, share all of your tips and opinions of each table in each of their particular threads! Thanks!
    Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 06-19-2012 at 03:48 PM.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Gonna go ahead and bump this one so hopefully everyone reads it first.

KickBeaten Down

Hmm...what makes these threads "official"?

LOL, I guess nothing. Just official to the forums, meaning keeping all opinions and tips in one thread to help players better.. I thought that'd be cool with you guys. If you noticed last time this idea worked very well.

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    Just official to the forums, meaning keeping all opinions and tips in one thread to help players better.
    I think the term you are looking for is "One and Only".

Example: "The One and Only World War Hawk Thread"

Thumbs up

That's works perfectly. Either way this keeps all of the information in one place. Which is the most important thing.

I managed to beat the Wizard mode and break a billion points on Hulk already. I think the Hulk table flows the best out of all 4. It has lots of different shots and none of them feel awkward. I can bust out combos no problem on this table. I also think it has a nice variety in main missions and side missions. Absolutely love it.

Thumbs up

Congratulations PS!! I am going to play this table first.

Quote Originally Posted by PSKay View Post
    I managed to beat the Wizard mode and break a billion points on Hulk already. I think the Hulk table flows the best out of all 4. It has lots of different shots and none of them feel awkward. I can bust out combos no problem on this table. I also think it has a nice variety in main missions and side missions. Absolutely love it.
    How hard is the actual Wizard Mode? Is it easier than Thor's?

Well, I beat it on my 2nd try and I still haven't beat Thor's. Granted, I haven't played Thor in awhile and maybe I've improved my pinball skills a little since then. But I think it's more likely that Hulk's Wizard mode just isn't very difficult. I know this is probably a disappointment to Thor/Ironman fans. If you fail it does reset your progress, though. You have to redo all of the missions to get back there.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

That's works perfectly. Either way this keeps all of the information in one place. Which is the most important thing.
    My Epic Quest thread was better joking m8, Yeh this is a very good idea... sort of like a hybrid side Forum Thread.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Exclamation

Well, it'll be easier to just continue the thread like this.
    WWHulk is a higher scoring table. And there are SO many ramps and loops to hit for combos thats it's not even funny. There is some crazy electric bumpers in the back, just a very well done table.

This table has an incredible flow to it.

The Hulk's arena mini game is alot of fun.

Thumbs up

During the arena mini game, a womans voice is saying, "please,kill him", and a guy is saying "Kill him!" too. Wow, talk about comic mischief,LOL. Definitely moving in the right direction in this aspect.

Of the four this one definitely has a nice flow. I have only played this one a couple of times since I've been focusing on Avengers and Fear itself. (My favorites so far.)

I was hoping for a little more from the guy that made Thor/Iron Man as far as difficulty. Still though the table is great.

Still like the idea that you need accurate shots to do the missions though.

Right now I'm taking a break from AC tonight. Will continue another time. Let's hope they don't schedule a tourney next week. I'll be in Cali from the 25th to July 1st.

You can tell this was done by the Iron Man and Thor developers with the amount of ramps, even if it is on the easy side. This is definitely the most accessible of the four, and as people have said, a great flow. I find myself getting the max combos without even thinking. I haven't reached the wizard mode yet, but the mission modes are a lot of fun! All the tables have basic tutorials in the help menu that aren't in depth, but more than enough to get a grip on what does what then learn from there. Great 4-pack, thanks Barbie!

Well, I beat it on my 2nd try and I still haven't beat Thor's. Granted, I haven't played Thor in awhile and maybe I've improved my pinball skills a little since then. But I think it's more likely that Hulk's Wizard mode just isn't very difficult. I know this is probably a disappointment to Thor/Ironman fans. If you fail it does reset your progress, though. You have to redo all of the missions to get back there.
    You're right! It is quite easy. I beat the wizard mode (and got the trophy) after my second attempt as well.

The missions aren't too bad (4 of them) and the side missions (3 of them) are really easy to complete.

The wizard mode is similar to Thor's without the difficult shots. You need to hit all of the orbits/ramps (10 in all) and then you sink the remaining balls into the Arena Hole.
    Last edited by shogun00; 06-20-2012 at 03:56 AM.

I was close to getting to the wizard mode, but failed. Like you all said, the main missions aren't too hard at all.

this table is just so beautiful and the flow is pretty amazing. I love the bottom of the table with the water and Liberty head and ship... just breathtaking. The satellite bumpers are great too, I love that effect.

But best of all... Punisher War Journals on the hiveling ramp. Nice shadow artwork, but the dialogue is awesome "He calls himself Mung the Inconceivable. I call him... dead soon." Priceless..

Kudos, Mad Boy. Job well done. Your handle of flow is beyond compare. And Ata, just stunning, mate. Solitude, pass on the love.

Ok, back to it. Haven't tried Avengers yet, but not so keen on IG so far (f**cking mind gem!), and Fear Itself is going to prove itself to be the dark horse of this lot. That table is crazy good and that magna save is beyond cool, so powerful you can grab a centre drain and pull it to the side. If that was a real table your zipper and nuts would be stuck to the front of the cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolve or die View Post

Ok, back to it. Haven't tried Avengers yet, but not so keen on IG so far (f**cking mind gem!), and Fear Itself is going to prove itself to be the dark horse of this lot. That table is crazy good and that magna save is beyond cool, so powerful you can grab a centre drain and pull it to the side. If that was a real table your zipper and nuts would be stuck to the front of the cabinet.
    LOL last statement is hilarious. Didn't know that it could grab the center drain. I'll keep that in mind.

Only given each table a single play so far (about to go do more, here in short order) -- and I must say first, well worth the purchase price, no dud amongst them so far, and that two, so far WWH is my hands-down favorite of the bunch, wizard-moded it and got the achievement for it, and it feels durned nice overall with yes, for some having complained over it pre-release, WWH is an absolutely gorgeous table that flows brilliantly.

Not really digging this table much, it makes me too angry (go figure)... I'm always one mission off before the wizard mode

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Not really digging this table much, it makes me too angry (go figure)... I'm always one mission off before the wizard mode
    Which mission is giving you the most trouble?

Default better than was expecting

This table is fun and has a good flow - underestimated this one the most after watching the previews beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Which mission is giving you the most trouble?
    None give me too much trouble, it's just the fact of always being one mission off before my 3rd ball drains. I suppose The Thing mission is annoying, that lower left ramp is hard to shoot. I don't know what's harder, that ramp, or the sink hole on The Avengers (probably the sink hole )

None give me too much trouble, it's just the fact of always being one mission off before my 3rd ball drains. I suppose The Thing mission is annoying, that lower left ramp is hard to shoot.
    I never have a problem making that shot.

My advice! Focus on The Thing and Wolverine (the one that gave me trouble) missions first, then focus on Iron Man and Dr Strange. I recommend doing Dr. Strange last, since you have the multiball to back you up if you fail the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I never have a problem making that shot.

My advice! Focus on The Thing and Wolverine (the one that gave me trouble) missions first, then focus on Iron Man and Dr Strange. I recommend doing Dr. Strange last, since you have the multiball to back you up if you fail the mission.
    Will do

I put up a decent score in my first game, but basically all with my last ball (and 2 extra balls) after I figured most of the table out. I'm glad I didn't make a billion because then I would most probably never have played it again... it is a bit monotonous (compared to Fearitself, Blade, F4 etc). On the other hand I botched the Wizard mode the two times I made it in the game so will definitely have played it again just to beat the wizard mode. Pity again that there is no achievement for the wizard mode... don't really feel like you achieve much compared to Blade or Ironman... seeing that achievement pop up once you finally beat the wizard mode is awesome.

Not my favourite of the bunch even though I haven't yet played Avengers or Infinity Gauntlet.
    Last edited by Cloda; 06-21-2012 at 05:25 PM.

This for me seemed to be one of those tables where it was gonna take some working out, but after a dozen or so plays I feel I've gotten a v good grip on it. As others have said flows v well, feels like spidey to me in that respect v easy to get combos going,

The one thing I'm a little disappointed about is the lack of destruction on the table. I was really hoping we'd be able to smash certain parts of the table.

I enjoy the table but what with the easy loops and orbits and no real smashing going on I don't really find it v 'Hulky' feeling...

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsesmith View Post
    This for me seemed to be one of those tables where it was gonna take some working out, but after a dozen or so plays I feel I've gotten a v good grip on it. As others have said flows v well, feels like spidey to me in that respect v easy to get combos going,

The one thing I'm a little disappointed about is the lack of destruction on the table. I was really hoping we'd be able to smash certain parts of the table.

I enjoy the table but what with the easy loops and orbits and no real smashing going on I don't really find it v 'Hulky' feeling...
    I have the same feeling. Although I think the table does, in some way, depict the character though. to me it feels like ramp/loop/orbit spam. In some way most of the mutiballs have that feeling. In the evacuate civilian mission if you repeat it several times each consecutive time they add a ball. I'm not sure what the max is but I have got to 3. I think the same thing happens on the ARENA mission too.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 06-21-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    I have the same feeling. Although I think the table does, in some way, depict the character though. to me it feels like ramp/loop/orbit spam. In some way most of the mutiballs have that feeling. In the evacuate civilian mission if you repeat it several times each consecutive time they add a ball. I'm not sure what the max is but I have got to 3. I think the same thing happens on the ARENA mission too.
    Yeah, max is three balls. It loops back to one ball again if you start evac again after the three ball.

One word of advice on the multi ball on this mission. The table releases the balls onto the right flipper, if you do what I did and shoot tthe ball up the table before the second is released the camera will pan up as usual and when the second ball is released you don't see it as the table takes a moment to tilt back down into multi ball view. Ball simply rolls off the flipper SDTM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsesmith View Post
    Yeah, max is three balls. It loops back to one ball again if you start evac again after the three ball.

One word of advice on the multi ball on this mission. The table releases the balls onto the right flipper, if you do what I did and shoot tthe ball up the table before the second is released the camera will pan up as usual and when the second ball is released you don't see it as the table takes a moment to tilt back down into multi ball view. Ball simply rolls off the flipper SDTM.

Hmm I don't have that problem. I know they release on the right flipper for most of the Multiball modes do so I'm prepared for it.

Tip of the day... start your game (and any ball) off by going for the right ramp so that you can build up your strength and play the maximum strength multi-ball where your goal is to shoot into the bumpers. In double quick time you build up your multipliers to 10x and hit the bumpers 200 times to get an extra ball, if you play well you can also manage to have both kickbacks activated by the end and finally you can build up a pretty decent score as well (20mil+) by the time you are done.

Can somebody confirm how the extra balls work... Initially I though you can get 5 per ball as I got 5 for my first ball (I think... lost some on the way) but when I got to my second ball I managed to only get an additional one. After that I could not get any more extra balls for the rest of the second ball and the third ball. Is it possible that you can get 6 extra balls per game but that they are not restricted to 2 a game ball?
    Last edited by Cloda; 06-22-2012 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Spelling and added last bit
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

You can actually get 5 extra balls per game. You must have miscounted. As shogun informed me, you can go to the Operator's Menu and check the adjustments settings. It tells you the factory setting for how many extra balls are available.

I'm sorry, but this table is lame...I get all the missions/side missions done, have one more hit to open the gate and start wizard mode, and what does it do? Drain my ball down the middle after hitting the gate the last time, OF COURSE!

I tend to find backhand shots with the right flipper are safer for shooting the gate. Shooting from the left flipper definitely caused a couple of drains for me.

I tend to find backhand shots with the right flipper are safer for shooting the gate. Shooting from the left flipper definitely caused a couple of drains for me.
    Yeah that method is definitely more safe.

So I got to the wizard mode after that horrible game, but I choked on it... Oh well, it's definitely one of the easier tables, but it's just annoying to me, and here I thought I'd love this table

Just repeating what everyone else has said.

The 'flow' to this table is amazing. Personally I've always loved fast playing, ramp combo heavy tables. Hulk does not disappoint. Only have a piddly 220 mil score on it though. But abusing the hulk "power" multiball seems quite easy to do, and by the time that mode ends, you can go into the Skar multiball right away as well. Haven't made the wiz mode yet, but it's only a matter of time.

This seems like yet another great table to hone your multiball skills on.

Got a new high score on pause, over 500 M. I just absolutely LOVE the flow on this table.
    And yes Dark, this is a good table to practice multiball on.

Oh, when the DMD says "Drop Down Active, press launch", what exactly does this mean? I'm pretty sure I hit it at the right time and the ramp just plopped the ball lazily back onto the table.

Oh, when the DMD says "Drop Down Active, press launch", what exactly does this mean? I'm pretty sure I hit it at the right time and the ramp just plopped the ball lazily back onto the table.
    I'm pretty sure it drops it right in front of the upper right flipper.

Yeah I think it does too. Ended up with 776 M on Hulk, good enough to be ranked 19th in the world right now.

Well, I was briefly ahead of you at least. Regardless, I, like many others, love how easy it is to hit a majority of these ramps. I'm thinking the STRENGTH multi-ball can be a somewhat reliable scoring strategy. You only have to hit the ramp a couple of times to activate it. I managed score 500+ million on this table and only completed 3 missions.

I concure with most peeps, this table has a fantastic flow to it its defo up there for me along side THOR for sheer ramp-tasticness. My first show at the table I was a little iffy trying to get a feel for it, but I seem to be getting there. Second game at it and Ive hit 110m after defeating Strange and Stark and doing a decent strength MB mode. Looks like this puppy could be a high scoring table.

Default Marvel Pinball – World War Hulk Table guide

I wrote a table guide on ps3trophies, but i post it here too:

Marvel Pinball – World War Hulk Table guide

Before beginning it is highly suggested to go to the operators menu and decrease the sensitivity value to the minimum for both lower (0.15) and upper arms (0.00). This way the delay between button press and the flippers moving is reduced to the minimum value. Changing the sensitivity will not disable trophies.

Ramps and Orbits are pretty straightforward, but here are them, from left to right:
    Hulk ramp, Gamma hole, random reward targets (3 lights on the right side of the gamma „car”), Hiveling ramp (accessible by upper arm shot), Left orbit a.k.a. Sakaar orbit,Rage ramp, Left mini orbit (left warbound), Arena ramp, Mission target, right mini orbit (right warbound), Strength ramp, right orbit a.k.a. Ship orbit, Save targets (2)

Skill Shot: At the beginning, one of the three random reward targets is lit. There is a ship turned on her side left to the launch and there is an open hatch on it. Apply pressure on the launch button and watch the end of the crane as it begins turning. (The very tip, where the wire connects to the end of the crane) Now watch the open hatch, the red edge on the right with double black lines.
    WWHulk launch_cr.jpg
    Middle light - Turn the crane till the tip is between the two black lines
    Upper light - Turn the crane till the tip is just above the left black line
    Lower light - Turn the crane till the tip is just reaching the right black line
    Skill shot worth 500K points.

Kick Backs: Light the letters S M A S H in the inlanes and outlanes to activate the left kickback, and light the letters A G A I N ton activate the right kick back. If both kickbacks are activated, then lighting the letters again earns you 250K. Kickbacks do not stack.

Ball save: Hit the Hulk ramp to activate the Save targets for a short time, then hit both targets for a ball saver.

Extra ball: You have to kill 200 hivelings. To kill hivelings shoot the bumpers or the Hiveling ramp. Each bumper hit kills one hiveling and each Hiveling ramp shot kills 5 hiveling. (See Strength multiball) The other way to earn an extra ball is from a random reward.
    Multiplier: After killing 30, 60, 90, 120, 150 hivelings the multiplier increases to 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 10x

Random rewards: For a random reward hit all three random reward targets.
    1 million points
    5 million points
    Ball Saver
    Multiplier Increased
    Extra ball

Combos
    1st hit - 50k
    combo - 100k
    Double Combo - 200k
    Triple Combo - 300k
    Super Combo - 400k
    Mega Combo - 500k
    Hulk Combo - 600k

Shooting the Gamma hole five times turns on the diverter on the Hulk ramp and a successful Hulk shot will earn you a 30 second double scoring period.
    Shoot the warbound orbit (either side) to light one of the WARBOUND letters. Collecting all letters will get you a Warbound member and 250K points. (The warbound members with a 10x multiplier can increase your bonus score a lot)

Enter Hulk’s Arena Trophy:

Hit the Arena ramp, to start building the arena. Each successful shot lights one letter in ARENA, the sixth shot will take the ball into the arena mini playfield. Here you can see the head of Doctor Strange, Iron Man, Black Bolt, and Mister Fantastic. Shoot each ramp for 500K points. After all four of the are defeated. Two targets will pop up, blocking the ramps behind them. Hit the pop up targets for 250K and the ramp behind them for 500K. After this just shoot the ball into the middle hole strong enough to earn another 500K. For the trophy just enter the arena, everything else is just a bonus.

Hulk’s Vengeance Trophy:
    For this trophy, you have to complete 3 side mission and 4 main missions.

Side missions: You can check the side mission progress: Under Rage, Strength and Ship there is a Hulk fist, with the name of the corresponding side mission. If the fist is lit, then the side mission is completed at least once.

Strength Multiball:
    This is the most important side mission. Shoot the Strength ramp five time to completely fill the bar and a trap hole opens at the Strength ramp. Shoot it to start the Strength Multiball. During this multiball the warbound mini orbit diverts the balls to the bumpers. Each bumper hit will earn 2K point. All ramps and orbits are lit and each ramp or orbit shot will increase the bumper score.

Tip: Since the bumpers are hard to hit, this game mode is the perfect way to get extra balls. It is easy to start this game mode and you can earn millions at the same time. You get a 10x multiplier which gets you around 20-30 Million bonus at the end of the ball. So go for it.

Evacuate Manhattan:
    To start this game mode shoot Rage ramp 6 times. You have to fill the transporters with civilians and then evacuate them. The maximum capacity of the transporter is 50.
    Warbound orbits increase the remaining time. Gamma hole, left and right orbit (Sakaar, Ship), Rage and Strength ramp will put 5 civilians into the transporter, while Hulk and Hiveling ramp puts 10. Shooting the arena ramp will send the transporter and rescues the civilians. If the time is up the number of civilians saved is multiplied by 100K. So if you rescued 43 civilians you will get 4,3 Million.
    Starting this side mission the second and third time will turn this game mode into a two and three ball multiball. Scoring is the same, but if you lose a ball the game mode ends.

Sakaar Ship Multiball:
    Shoot left orbit 6 times and right orbit 4 times to light the S A K A A R S H I P letters. After all letters are lit lock three balls into either orbit to start multiball. Each ramp and orbit will earn you a jackpot, after shooting all of them at least once; all ramps and orbits are lit again to earn jackpots.

Main missions:
    The mission target is blocked by a closed gate, you have to shoot it 5 times to open it. Shooting it with the left flipper can make your ball bounce back SDTM, so shoot with the left only in the beginning, while ball save is still active. Otherwise just use right backhand shots (Hold the ball, release for a short time and apply full pressure. Full strength is key). The rigth backhand shot often falls back onto the rigth flipper and sometimes a missed shot will take the ball to the bumpers.

Fantastic Four: The Thing
    To defeat The Thing you have to hit him three times. Shoot Arena (drop down opens on Hulk wire ramp), then Hulk ramp. From Hulk ramp the ball drops above the upper right flipper, shoot onto the Hiveling ramp to hit The Thing. If you hit the Hulk ramp you have one chance to hit the Hiveling ramp. If you fail, you have to repeat the arena – hulk combo.
    You have a long time for this, but you can increase the time by shooting the ball to the warbound orbit (either side).
    Tip: Every Arena shot (when lit) is a jackpot (350K). After you hit Hulk ramp (either you hit Hiveling ramp or not) the arena is lit again but this time the jackpot is increased (375K). You can complete two hits on The Thing, and deliberately fail the third hit and doing only Arena, Hulk combos. Every time the jackpot increases by 25K points.

Iron Man: Hulkbuster
    You have to fight Tony Stark in his Hulkbuster armor. To defeat him you have to deliver 3 left and 3 right punch. No overall time limit, just for the punches, so take your time.

Left Punch: Shoot Arena ramp, your ball wild be kept held for a few moment under the right inlane. When the ball is released you have 15 seconds to shoot onto the Rage ramp.
    Right Punch: Shoot Hulk ramp, your ball wild be kept held for a few moment under the left inlane. When the ball is released you have 15 seconds to shoot onto the Strength ramp.
    After 3 left and 3 right punches, Tony Stark is defeated and you get 25 million points.

Dr. Strange:
    First the Rage and Strength ramps are lit. Hit either of it and you get another ball. During the two ball multiball hit the other ramp, and a third ball will be added. During this phase Shoot any 6 ramp or orbit to light lock is lit at the left and right orbit (Sakaar, Ship). Lock the remaining balls to defeat Dr. Strange. Draining a ball during the two ball multiball phase will end the mission. You may drain one ball during the three ball phase.

X-men: Wolverine
    At the beginning of this mission four ramps will be blocked by green and blue claws. Arena and Hiveling ramp is blocked by blue claws, while Rage and Strength ramp is blocked by green claws.
    You can change the colour of your ball. No overall time limit, but your ball loses its colour, when the timer reaches 0 (20s).
    Shoot Gamma hole to make your ball green and Hulk ramp to blue. Shoot green claws (Rage, Strength) with a green ball and blue claws with a blue ball to break them. After breaking the claws shoot these ramps again to defeat Wolverine.
    For the Hiveling ramp, shoot the ball to the Sakaar orbit and then use you upper arm to shoot the ball onto Hiveling.
    All main missions are 25 Million points.

The Final Battle Trophy

After completing the 4 main missions, open and shoot the mission hole one more time. A 4 ball multiball mode will start. Build up Hulk’s rage by shooting every orbit and ramp at least once. After it all ramps and orbits are lit again for a short time for some extra points. To finish the mission lock the remaining balls into the arena.
    For completing the final battle you get 50 Million points
    Last edited by Prototype_79L; 06-27-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Awesome Guide Prototype_79L!

Edit - This bit is the best part of the guide IMHO "Shooting it with the left flipper can make your ball bounce back STDM, so shoot with the left only in the beginning, while ball save is still active. Otherwise just use right backhand shots (Hold the ball, release for a short time and apply full pressure. Full strength is key). The rigth backhand shot often falls back onto the rigth flipper and sometimes a missed shot will take the ball to the bumpers."
    Last edited by rapierdwit; 06-26-2012 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Added Info

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    Awesome Guide Prototype_79L!
    What he said

This will help everyone out.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Thanks for taking the time to post all that. Will definitely be a great help!

Anyone found a way to attack the "Rage" multiball? With one ball I can get 100-200 civilians with some time increases and such but with more than one ball I either end up with too much time because I hit the "Warbound" ramps too much or I lose a ball(s) really fast (faster than the other multiballs for some reason).
    PSN: Loc_Dog_ (feel free 2 add, mention ZP2 or these forums if you will! )
    Wizarded on ZP2: Avengers, Infinity Gauntlet, Captain America, Plants vs Zombies, Ghost Rider, X-MEN, Epic Quest, Sorcerer's Lair, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Blade, Paranormal

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype_79L View Post
    I wrote a table guide on ps3trophies, but i post it here too:

Marvel Pinball – World War Hulk Table guide

Before beginning it is highly suggested to go to the operators menu and decrease the sensitivity value to the minimum for both lower (0.15) and upper arms (0.00). This way the delay between button press and the flippers moving is reduced to the minimum value. Changing the sensitivity will not disable trophies.
    Never knew about this. Do people do this with every table?

Quote Originally Posted by Loc_Dog_ View Post
    Anyone found a way to attack the "Rage" multiball? With one ball I can get 100-200 civilians with some time increases and such but with more than one ball I either end up with too much time because I hit the "Warbound" ramps too much or I lose a ball(s) really fast (faster than the other multiballs for some reason).
    Rage is my score racking mode, with enough time and practice I could get 100 million of this mode alone. Atm im still getting used to the shots on the table but sofar Ive managed 3 truck loads (150 civs ~ 15m) very easily on the first ball. When its on multi-ball the trick is to go very early with the flippers and use as much pace on the ball as you can. Use the rails to keep balls delayed from one another and hit that ARENA ramp as often as you can as the other balls will be putting in people so might as well bank it. In multi mode Ive manage roughly 300 civs ~ 30m simply because the ramps are easier for me in this mode plus the bumpers at the back add people and is a good place to keep a ball in play.
    Last edited by lexandro; 06-27-2012 at 06:11 AM.

So just had another bash at the table and gave it a good run of just ramping and getting gamma bonus. Only managed one mission but I scored 231 million (218th) so thats not to shabby. Pretty much got ironman down pat, strange is giving me a bit of trouble as the balls are getting a little wacky at times putting me off, i had one ball that "floated" at the tip of the flipper every time I tried to hit it for about 5 tries before it eventually shot off up the table again. Thing is a little tricky as Im not used to the drop down shot just yet, and I leave Wolverine to last because its gated ramps and I hate that.

All in all though I reckon I could wizard this one, which is more than can be said for some tables. Good job on the design I like it a lot, though the skillshot is kinda bad. And the guide for the skillshot above makes zero sense (what dual black lines on the ship? I dont have any!).

Someone has got to tell Wolverine to stop playing with his claws. I am reminded of my mother when i was a kid running in and out of the house. She always yelled, "in or out." Wolverine, keep those damn claws in or out. Your driving me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Someone has got to tell Wolverine to stop playing with his claws. I am reminded of my mother when i was a kid running in and out of the house. She always yelled, "in or out." Wolverine, keep those damn claws in or out. Your driving me nuts.
    Yea, once you start his mission the first time you get to hear knives sharpening the rest of your game. Can be really annoying.
    Last edited by Loc_Dog_; 06-27-2012 at 11:50 PM. Reason: typo
    PSN: Loc_Dog_ (feel free 2 add, mention ZP2 or these forums if you will! )
    Wizarded on ZP2: Avengers, Infinity Gauntlet, Captain America, Plants vs Zombies, Ghost Rider, X-MEN, Epic Quest, Sorcerer's Lair, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Blade, Paranormal

That is the first thing I do on every table. Without sensitivity setting, a fast ball at an upper arm and you are hitting air. Trust me, you will be more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by lexandro View Post
    And the guide for the skillshot above makes zero sense (what dual black lines on the ship? I dont have any!).
    As the crane turns eventually it will reach the rim of the open hatch. The double black lines are only 1-2 mm apart, so we speak about a very little differences in launch force. The strength must be around 3 lamps lit. I tried to upload a pictur here, but i alwas get an error code.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Prototype_79L; 06-27-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Neither did I. Did you ever get a response?
    If life's really just a game, it was designed to be played co-op.

Not necessarily. Like ps3, on the 360, it will not interfere with achievements, but it doesn't work quite like implied. On a 360 controller and assuming you have shoulder buttons and triggers set as the flipper control: Buttons activate corresponding flippers instantaneously. If you want instant, this is more reliable than adjusting the settings.

The settings control how far you must press a trigger to activate flippers. Zero is instantaneous, and each amount higher is proportionally more you must pull the trigger to get the flipper to activate. This obviously translates to time depending on how fast you pull the triggers, but strictly speaking, it is not a delay setting. Also, I think the lower flipper always has the small value, so you can hold a ball on a lower flipper while still activating an upper flipper, or activate a lower flipper without worrying about the upper flipper interfering with the shot. If you use these techniques (I do not), you might want a greater difference between the upper and lower settings.
    Last edited by Rudiger; 06-27-2012 at 02:34 PM. Reason: edited for clarity

I adjusted the flipper sensitivity and it did improve my accuracy with upper flipper shots. I don't have to mash the button as hard as i can to activate it. Thanks for the info.

@loc dog: if you listen carefully, you hear that sharpening knife sound a lot through the entire game. I notice it mostly when i'm not going for combos. When i catch and hold for aimed shots, i hear that damn sharpening knife sound constantly. It drives me nuts.

Finally beat the wizard mode, the last trophy I needed to be back at 100%. Funny how I beat the other ones before this one, since this one is technically easier then the others.

This sensitivity of the flippers is interesting now that I think about it. Since I have mostly been playing on iOS, there is no analog input so the upper and lower flippers always act in concert. It has been awhile since I have played real pinball tables, but some of them had two-stage flippers (i.e. you can activate the lower flippers without activating the upper ones by using a lighter touch). I guess this sensitivity function is their solution to the two-stage flipper. This is particularly useful for multiball. For example, if you are on a multiball mission like one of the Ymir missions on the Thor table. One shot is the right orbit which can be blocked if the right upper flipper is activated, such as when you are holding a ball in the lower right flipper. If you have a two stage flipper you can deactivate the upper flipper with a lighter touch so you can continue to hold one of the balls with the lower right flipper while making a right orbit shot with the left flipper.

This is definitely a significant limitation on the ipad, along with nudging. I was exclusively playing zen pinball on iOS until the new AC pack came out exclusively for the consoles (because I rarely use my ps3 and am not home much to use it). I broke down and bought mp and ac for the ps3 when the ac table pack came out. Although the ipad is an excellent device to play pinball on, I am beginning to realize how superior the gamepad is for virtual pinball.

So changing sensitivity in the flippers doesn't deactivate trophies, but what about leader boards?

it doesn't deactivate leaderboards either. When you go to the operator's menu, go to adjustments-> additional adjustments. When you get to this submenu, a message pops up that says something like, changes to these features will not effect leaderboards.

So changing sensitivity in the flippers doesn't deactivate trophies, but what about leader boards?
    Its fine, it tells you in the operator menu about it. As long as its only changes in that section it wont affect your scoreboard results and ability to post to the boards.

No! There is one section in the Operator's Menu, that won't deactivate the leaderboards or the trophies. You can change the flipper sensitivity and change the color of the DMD, among a couple of other things.

This applies to both Marvel Pinball and Zen Pinball on the PS3.

Very cool. Thanks a lot guys, I'm going to have fun changing the DMD color for some of the tables

i think Planet Hulk would had made a better table
    then again the quality of the book not necessarily affects the table (i mean look at Fear Itself, the comic was pretty meh but the table is awesome)
    but overall i didn't like the color scheme on this table, it still has some pretty interesting features though

So I just wanted to point out that beating wizard mode isn't as simple as people are claiming. You don't just have to hit all 10 ramps and orbits... There is this little hulk rage meter that you have to fill up by hitting the lit ramps and orbits. What nobody has mentioned is that this meter goes down over time. You have to max the meter before you can lock your balls in the center. You can only hit each ramp once until you have hit them all and then they all light up again. Once they all light up you can hit any of them to continue charging the rage meter. This process will repeat until the rage meter is full and then you can lock your balls in the center. People have wondered why the ramps lit back up briefly after they hit them all, it's because the rage meter isn't quite full. So now that I know how it actually works maybe I can beat it.

bump for the guide the thing mission was giving trouble , i didn't see hulk ramp and kept dying
    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

What is the purpose / benefit of spelling out the 'Warbound' letters and getting the four people on board?

Despite owning since release, I have only just started playing this pack.

I started with World War Hulk given it's from the guy that did my other two favourite tables (IM / Thor) and it indeed falls in with those really obviously.

The flow for all three of these tables feel similar and I really started enjoying this one finally. I guess a long pinball break got me back to fancying playing.

As I said in another thread, I like tables that have up-front, easy-to-grasp objectives generally, and Hulk is looking to be another favourite of mine.

(Note: I don't read the rule-sheets unless I am genuinely clueless after a couple of hours of play, so there is probably still some stuff I am missing here and there).

Default End of ball bonus guide

Multipliers are raised by hitting the bumpers. Specifically, it's raised for every 30 hivelings killed. I don't know if killing hivelings via the Hiveling ramp counts towards the multipliers.

Honor bonus
    100,000 points per ball
    Default bonus

Side Mission bonus
    200,000 points per side mission completed.
    You do not collect the bonus for repeating the same side mission until the wizard mode is attempted.
    It does not reset when the ball is lost.

Main Mission bonus
    500,000 points per completed mission.
    It does not reset after a lost ball.

Warbound bonus
    200,000 points per Warbound member recruited per ball

Hiveling bonus
    5,000 points per Hiveling killed per ball

Civilians rescued bonus
    10,000 points per civilian rescued per ball

Commentary - if there is a table to gun for the multipliers this is it. The bonuses are high, it's safe and somewhat easy to obtain (mainly via Strength Multiball), you score a lot while raising the multipliers, and you can get an extra ball from it. What else is there to say?
    Last edited by OriginalEther; 07-08-2013 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Finally got back to the wizard mode and found the answer
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Alipan View Post
    What is the purpose / benefit of spelling out the 'Warbound' letters and getting the four people on board?
    I have the exact same question, there better be some sort of 100m points award for the pain and torture I went through to make 35 orbit shots on one ball.