X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lasvegaspinballhalloffame
    Pinball Wizard
    • Sep 2011

Official Fear Itself Thread

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
    Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 06-19-2012, 04:21 PM.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church
  • PSKay
    • Oct 2011

I think fans of difficult tables will like this one. I definitely think it's the hardest. I've only managed to beat 4 of 7 missions and some of them I've failed numerous times. Getting to the Wizard mode looks like it's going to be a challenge.

Comment

Pinball Wizard
      • Sep 2011

7 missions, damn! Is this one kinda low scoring like Moon Knight is? You really have to get it going to snowball points?

Comment

• PSKay
        • Oct 2011

Well, you can repeat missions over and over like in Ghost Rider. Completing the missions actually gives a pretty good score so you can just pick one of the easier missions and do it over and over. If you can keep a game going a long time you can probably grind out a pretty good score that way.

Comment

Pinball Wizard
          • Sep 2011

Okay nice.

Comment

• Dalek Nation
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by PSKay
            Well, you can repeat missions over and over like in Ghost Rider. Completing the missions actually gives a pretty good score so you can just pick one of the easier missions and do it over and over. If you can keep a game going a long time you can probably grind out a pretty good score that way.
            I know on GR the missions start decreasing (in point value for completion) significantly after two or three times. I assume same here?

Comment

• BPestZ
              • Jan 2012

Worthy extra ball

Originally posted by PSKay

PSKay, did you get an extra ball from beating 4 main missions? I have not managed that myself. I wonder if that extra ball would count beating the same worthy twice as 2 modes to the extra ball.

Comment

• PSKay
                • Oct 2011

Yeah, I got the extra ball from beating 4 main missions. I believe you have to beat 4 unique missions but I'm not 100% sure. It would seem a little too easy if you could just repeat Skirn 4 times.

Comment

Pinball Wizard
                  • Sep 2011

My first impressions of FI, and very dark tone, and also low scoring. With that said the voice acting is superior on this one. Another brilliant table. And after playing only two of them, I can sense some kind of step up from V&V.

Comment

Pinball Wizard
                    • Sep 2011

This table really has some psychadelic stuff going on in it too.

Comment

Pinball Wizard
                      • Sep 2011

The arkanoid inspired mini game on this is super cool!!

Comment

• tenorhero
                        • Mar 2012

My favorite table next to Avengers. The missions are really cool especially the one where the ball turns into a boulder (Mokk I think) and the one where you hit the bumpers 100 times by left/right orbit then it's not over you hit the moving target by each light.

I'm not sure how I got an extra ball. I hit the sink-hole under the top right flipper several times and then Extra-ball was lit. (Random reward most likely)

Odin multi-ball takes forever to get to. you have shoot the sinkhole under the serpent (Forgot the guys name that stands on the serpent head) 5 times to lock 1 ball.

I have not nor want to, just yet, read the rule sheet. I want to figure this one out myself.

Comment

• shogun00
                          Pinball Wizard
                          • Feb 2011

This is the most difficult table out of the pack in my opinion. It's low scoring like Moon Knight and the magnet missions can drive a person insane. I like the theme and music, but I'm not really impressed with the layout for some reason. I'm up for the challenge though.

Also some of the modes can only be started up through the "random award" hole. Talk about a game of chance in getting the first trophy (the one achievement).

Comment

• tenorhero
                            • Mar 2012

One thing as far as multipliers I think you need to do the angrir mission and shoot the left/right orbits. I think it has a timer so you must be really accurate and hit the orbits. try not to lose the ball during the mission or after and lose the multipliers.Getting that will increase your score fairly well.

I usually go for angrir first to get the multipliers. Then for some of the other missions like Mokk. Repeating missions does get you good points especially the easier missions.

Nice score on the PSN there Shogun! I'm not too far behind. This table definitely not a big scoring table but that could change with more knowledge of the table.

Comment

Pinball Wizard
                              • Sep 2011

The music on this table is phenomenal.

Comment

Working...