Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Fear Itself Thread

Default Official Fear Itself Thread

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
    Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 06-19-2012 at 04:21 PM.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

I think fans of difficult tables will like this one. I definitely think it's the hardest. I've only managed to beat 4 of 7 missions and some of them I've failed numerous times. Getting to the Wizard mode looks like it's going to be a challenge.

7 missions, damn! Is this one kinda low scoring like Moon Knight is? You really have to get it going to snowball points?

Well, you can repeat missions over and over like in Ghost Rider. Completing the missions actually gives a pretty good score so you can just pick one of the easier missions and do it over and over. If you can keep a game going a long time you can probably grind out a pretty good score that way.

Okay nice.

Quote Originally Posted by PSKay View Post
    Well, you can repeat missions over and over like in Ghost Rider. Completing the missions actually gives a pretty good score so you can just pick one of the easier missions and do it over and over. If you can keep a game going a long time you can probably grind out a pretty good score that way.
    I know on GR the missions start decreasing (in point value for completion) significantly after two or three times. I assume same here?

Default Worthy extra ball

PSKay, did you get an extra ball from beating 4 main missions? I have not managed that myself. I wonder if that extra ball would count beating the same worthy twice as 2 modes to the extra ball.

Yeah, I got the extra ball from beating 4 main missions. I believe you have to beat 4 unique missions but I'm not 100% sure. It would seem a little too easy if you could just repeat Skirn 4 times.

My first impressions of FI, and very dark tone, and also low scoring. With that said the voice acting is superior on this one. Another brilliant table. And after playing only two of them, I can sense some kind of step up from V&V.

Exclamation

This table really has some psychadelic stuff going on in it too.

Red face

The arkanoid inspired mini game on this is super cool!!

My favorite table next to Avengers. The missions are really cool especially the one where the ball turns into a boulder (Mokk I think) and the one where you hit the bumpers 100 times by left/right orbit then it's not over you hit the moving target by each light.

I'm not sure how I got an extra ball. I hit the sink-hole under the top right flipper several times and then Extra-ball was lit. (Random reward most likely)

Odin multi-ball takes forever to get to. you have shoot the sinkhole under the serpent (Forgot the guys name that stands on the serpent head) 5 times to lock 1 ball.

I have not nor want to, just yet, read the rule sheet. I want to figure this one out myself.

This is the most difficult table out of the pack in my opinion. It's low scoring like Moon Knight and the magnet missions can drive a person insane. I like the theme and music, but I'm not really impressed with the layout for some reason. I'm up for the challenge though.

Also some of the modes can only be started up through the "random award" hole. Talk about a game of chance in getting the first trophy (the one achievement).

One thing as far as multipliers I think you need to do the angrir mission and shoot the left/right orbits. I think it has a timer so you must be really accurate and hit the orbits. try not to lose the ball during the mission or after and lose the multipliers.Getting that will increase your score fairly well.

I usually go for angrir first to get the multipliers. Then for some of the other missions like Mokk. Repeating missions does get you good points especially the easier missions.

Nice score on the PSN there Shogun! I'm not too far behind. This table definitely not a big scoring table but that could change with more knowledge of the table.

Red face

The music on this table is phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    This is the most difficult table out of the pack in my opinion. It's low scoring like Moon Knight and the magnet missions can drive a person insane. I like the theme and music, but I'm not really impressed with the layout for some reason. I'm up for the challenge though.

Also some of the modes can only be started up through the "random award" hole. Talk about a game of chance in getting the first trophy (the one achievement).
    Yup, the Blitzkreig USA mode or whatever it's called. I got it started up but didn't get the trophy, I didn't see the last 1m to break, which was located up top Lovin' all the tables though!

I really like this table. Have given all of them a shot but this one feels fresh with some nice innovation so I'll give it my attention first. Slowly figuring things out, but I guess I will have to read the rule sheet because there is just too much happening and it is hard to know what triggers what. The main missions are all quite tough but doable and at least it is not difficult to activate it. Still struggling to get extra balls as well but that will come with patience and as I get better at the table. Don't think in the end that it is going to be such a low scoring table... will be well above a Billion the top score. Only negative I have so far for the table is that Zen rehashed some of the sounds (Wolverine, Agents and I think Earth Defence) and that is always something that irks me because I have heard them more then enough the first time around! The magnasave is also something to get used too... sometimes I feel it is suppose to work and then it doesn't but I guess some more practice will sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    I really like this table. Have given all of them a shot but this one feels fresh with some nice innovation so I'll give it my attention first. Slowly figuring things out, but I guess I will have to read the rule sheet because there is just too much happening and it is hard to know what triggers what. The main missions are all quite tough but doable and at least it is not difficult to activate it. Still struggling to get extra balls as well but that will come with patience and as I get better at the table. Don't think in the end that it is going to be such a low scoring table... will be well above a Billion the top score. Only negative I have so far for the table is that Zen rehashed some of the sounds (Wolverine, Agents and I think Earth Defence) and that is always something that irks me because I have heard them more then enough the first time around! The magnasave is also something to get used too... sometimes I feel it is suppose to work and then it doesn't but I guess some more practice will sort it out.
    Haven't changed my mind about this table. This is by far the best one that Zen has produced. The guy that designed it designed Ghost Rider, Wolverine, Paranormal, Secrets of the Deep (which I haven't played because I'm on the PS3) Interesting because I don't play those tables that much.

I still can't describe what I did to get some of the other mult-balls aside from Odin multiball and the mini multi-balls from certain 'Worthy' missions. There is so much to do on this table. I'm hooked. I still haven't read the rule sheet. I know hitting the right/left loop several times and a certain amount of strength lights the multipliers. There is a 10 second timer on them so try to get them within that time of course. Love the fact after completing the main goals of each mission there is a moving target to hit to actually complete the mission. Each 'Worthy' looks quite interesting and the missions corresponding to them are really fun. Make sure you hit to loop corresponding to starting the mission hard enough to make the ball jump back.

Spell out AZGARD to be able to start that arknoid style mini game.hitting the yellow target to the right of the left ramp. It's a risky shot to take straight on so you want to make sure you have your ball saver active. Magna saves can help too so be reactive with your ball launch button.

The sinkhole under the top right flipper is another risky shot. I've been pretty successful timing the shot consistently but still it is random depending on the speed of the ball around the left flipper. The random rewards can be quite useful. Especially extra ball. You also need to master that shot for some of the missions and one of the multiballs I believe.

Can't wait to see what happens when you reach wizard mode. So far i've completed all the mission (not in the same game though. Sigh) and they are all really well done.

Loving this table as well, so far it's definitely my favorite. Just had a great game (270k I think? on PS3). I wasn't going in trying to get a better score, I was just trying to get the Blitzkrieg trophy (which I did) then it went great from there. One thing I did to keep the game going was to get the extra ball from the sink hole, and I also just kept hitting the sink hole to get random awards. So many different multi-ball modes.

I had a good game last night as well, beat I think 5 out of the 7(?) worthy, and had already beat Skaldi or whatever his name is, was close to the wizard mode.

I guess I'm the odd man out. This table is my least favorite. I just can't get used to the magnetics. I'm saving it for last, while I focus on Infinity Gauntlet.

This table is a killer and pretty deep. I love it. Definitely the dark horse of the pack.

That magna save is awesome, I had ball try to drain down the middle and kicked over underneath the left flipper a bit and I was able to magna save it. I wonder if it can be done with a SDTM with the right timing.

And that bottom loop is just the best, that layout is so innovative, makes me wish this was a real table. And that launcher is the best we've ever seen from Zen.

Default lots of doable things to do

Was afraid difficulty would be Thor-like but there is lots of doable things to do on this table - 'Worthy' characters are a good part of this table. Hoping table proves more Captain America-like difficulty than Thor-like difficulty . . .

Chaos muti ball is so frickin' cool. Try and shoot the ball to get past that spinner on the left hand side above the outlane for the magnetic loop to light ADRENALINE. When it starts, the ball that starts it loops around the entire table. Shooting the second ball around the right orbit makes the second ball loop around the entire table as well. A third ball will automatically appear. (I think you can loop the third ball too but have not had success with that)

At some point the loop will stop (I think it's timed) so you shoot the right and left ramps marked by the lit Jackpots (1 for each Ramp). Super Jackpot will be lit after that. It's best to do it by the top right flipper (I happened to get it by a lucky bounce toward the spinner) from a shot from the right flipper. once Super Jackpot is scored the cycle starts again until you're down to 1 ball. I'm not sure the values of the jackpots are I'll have to make note of it.

I just can't get enough of this table. I focused a little on IG and WWH this morning. They are both really well done. Avengers is still above those tables thouhg. This pack is absolutely fantastic as not one of these tables was a let down.

Making some good progress on the table, but definitely not a walkover. Managed to finish 6 out of 7 Worthy's in one game and had 3 goes at the last one but could not manage it (Greithoth, where you have two balls and have to shoot them around the magna ring thing etc.). This is definitely one of those tables were you need to practice and perfect and where for the most time you feel you will never get anything right and then you have that one awesome game where everything just clicks (in a Blade kind of way)... I hope mine comes soon . Must say, I'm finding it quite hard to keep a ball alive for long and extra balls are worth much more than on many of the other tables... again like Blade in my opinion. Anyway.. can't wait to see the Wizard mode... have no idea what to expect.

Edit: That damn Greithoth mission... really tough. Have only managed it once and so far I have done three games where I get all the other ones and can't get that one. The one time I got it, I started with it first, managed 6 missions and got stuck on one of the easier ones. Still don't know what the wizard mode is like... hope it is a tough one.
    Last edited by Cloda; 06-21-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Chaos muti ball is so frickin' cool. Try and shoot the ball to get past that spinner on the left hand side above the outlane for the magnetic loop to light ADRENALINE. When it starts, the ball that starts it loops around the entire table. Shooting the second ball around the right orbit makes the second ball loop around the entire table as well. A third ball will automatically appear. (I think you can loop the third ball too but have not had success with that)

At some point the loop will stop (I think it's timed) so you shoot the right and left ramps marked by the lit Jackpots (1 for each Ramp). Super Jackpot will be lit after that. It's best to do it by the top right flipper (I happened to get it by a lucky bounce toward the spinner) from a shot from the right flipper. once Super Jackpot is scored the cycle starts again until you're down to 1 ball. I'm not sure the values of the jackpots are I'll have to make note of it.

I just can't get enough of this table. I focused a little on IG and WWH this morning. They are both really well done. Avengers is still above those tables thouhg. This pack is absolutely fantastic as not one of these tables was a let down.
    Just finished a game where i started off with an insane Chaos ball.
    If you lock all 3, you get a 3x multiplier to your score. Jackpots I believe are 5 million with 3 balls and 2 million when you are down to 2, but I'm not 100% the dot matrix flashes so fast! After a while, a ball is automatically (I think, unless I got it in there again by accident!) dragged back into the outer loop and repeat. Very lucrative game mode, i made 70 mil in one round of it!

Lightbulb Deathsave crazy!!

Before last night I have gotten maybe three deathsaves total my entire time with Zen tables. Last night I got FIVE on this table. The way the outlane swoops around in a circle and the way it tends to have a lot of speed when draining makes this table the easiest table to get a deathsave on. I got saved more from deathsaves than from Magna Saves as I rarely remember the Magna Save.

Remember, you miss every deathsave you don't try for.

I've only had time to play a quick game or two on each table, but FI is my favorite so far. I dislike when sound effects are reused, but the new sounds on this table are really nice. It has an odd retro feel to it... for some reason makes me think of late 70's.

Finally made it to the Wizard mode... not really difficult once you get there, but I did not make the best of the multi-ball scoring opportunity in the end as I was trying to figure out if it is still part of the Wizard mode or actually just a reward session (e.g. Fantastic 4). Think it is the reward mode because you end up with the table reset again after that. Very nice table but once you get the missions down the Wizard mode doesn't really seem to be much of a challenge. Real pity about the lack of achievement for completing Wizard mode... definitely feel like there is something missing.

Can someone explain to me how to activate the Avengers Multiball on this table? The rule sheet is just not making much sense on this mode.

Can someone explain to me how to activate the Avengers Multiball on this table? The rule sheet is just not making much sense on this mode.
    Can't remember the right terms (or lanes) but basically each time you shoot the top ramp loop it changes the position of the hammer. Immediately after that you will see the opposite side orbit (?) lights up and then you need to shoot it around there. Once you have shot around the one side, the opposite side orbit lights up again and you have a couple of second to shoot through there. Eventually Thors "something" will build up and you need to shoot into the Odin hole to start the 3ball multiball. Apologies for the vagueness... I'm just too lazy to put my Xbox one and get the right terms. Will fix it later though. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Can't remember the right terms (or lanes) but basically each time you shoot the top ramp loop it changes the position of the hammer. Immediately after that you will see the opposite side orbit (?) lights up and then you need to shoot it around there. Once you have shot around the one side, the opposite side orbit lights up again and you have a couple of second to shoot through there. Eventually Thors "something" will build up and you need to shoot into the Odin hole to start the 3ball multiball. Apologies for the vagueness... I'm just too lazy to put my Xbox one and get the right terms. Will fix it later though. Good luck.
    That makes more sense, then what I was reading it as on the rule sheet. I though they were talking about the magnetic loop.

I'm loving this table!

I have a stupid question though... how do you use magna save when activated? Like what button do I press and when is best to do it?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jibblypop View Post
    I'm loving this table!

I have a stupid question though... how do you use magna save when activated? Like what button do I press and when is best to do it?

Thanks!
    Whatever you use your plunger launch button. 'x' for PS3 I'm not sure what it is on the 360. It's pretty powerful can save a down the middle shot as well sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by jibblypop View Post
    I'm loving this table!

Thanks!
    Yup 'A' button on 360.

Although it feels like the magna save will pull the fillings out of your head it's so strong it's best to hit the launch button as soon as you can. The ball return is quite generous and will hold as long as you hold the button. What is also great is the way they stack so you can have multiple magna-saves in the pot!

Something I'm figuring out on one of the missions.

Selecting The Worthy Angrir - aim for the left and right ramps before shooting the loops. It will mention 1 x 100,000 or something like that. next ramp is 2x I think the max is 5x. Shoot at the loops and the bumpers will multiply each hit and decrease the amount of hits needed by the number (example 3x will take the numbers down by each bumper hit 99-96-93 etc) it lasts as long as the ball is in the bumper area. If it leaves the bumper area it will reset. I got about 38m in 1 game doing that mission. You can repeat that mission for some pretty good scores I think but I focused on Chaos multi and Avengers multi mostly. (still have yet to get that avengers multiball trophy)

Scored 441m today with only 1 extra ball (Suprisngly) Got the blitzkrieg mode so many times by shooting that sink hole. My multipliers were at 21x at 1 point and I'm not sure what the max multiplier is. I'm pretty sure you get and extra ball for max multipliers. Even so the end ball bonus isn't as high as I though it would be. I think by finishing most of the missions you get a end ball bonus but like I said I mostly focused on Chaos/Avengers multiball trying to figure out the best scoring possibilities. Imagine what my score would be like if I had focused on the missions in general.

This is a table that the ball need to be in play for a long time to get good scores. Focus on getting Magna save as quickly as you can. You can stack it. I think at one point I had 5 magna saves or more couldn't quite count. I think if held the left flipper for status report it might tell me. The magnet is pretty powerful and saved me a bunch of time even when the ball when straight down the middle.

As mentioned before you can repeat all of 'The Worthy' Missions as many times as you want. I'll have to try a different approach then what I did earlier this afternoon. Skirn, Angrir, and Nul are IMO the easiest of 'The Worthy' missions. I think I'll focus on them back to back to back in my next session.

Once you master the shot for the sink hole under the upper flipper you should do well.

I just love this table. So much to do. Challenging and rewarding at the same time.

CUT
    Nice job! Your right about Angrir, Skirn and Nul being the easiest.

Nul is easy? You guys are going to have to explain that one to me because I'm pretty sure it's one of the two I've had trouble with. I guess I must be missing something.

Nul is easy? You guys are going to have to explain that one to me because I'm pretty sure it's one of the two I've had trouble with. I guess I must be missing something.
    It's pretty easy. shoot the right loop then you have to time the flippers for the magnet make it do a complete circle around the table as many times as needed. I think just before the ball hit the flashing arrow press the left flipper than the the right before it hits the bottom part of the loop.

Yeah, it's the magnets that I have trouble with. I guess it's just a matter of getting the hang of them.

Okay, so this is why we need new a forum dedicated to just the tables that are not platform specific. Went to the ps3 forum and nothing is there. Come to the xbox forum and we have tons of threads on the new tables. Anyways, i have to say this is my favorite table in the pack right now. Any tips on hitting the random reward sinkhole? It's a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Okay, so this is why we need new a forum dedicated to just the tables that are not platform specific. Went to the ps3 forum and nothing is there. Come to the xbox forum and we have tons of threads on the new tables. Anyways, i have to say this is my favorite table in the pack right now. Any tips on hitting the random reward sinkhole? It's a pain in the ass.
    Not much to it, really, just wait till the ball slides to the tip of the left flipper and BAM, hopefully it sinks in.

Like snake mentioned there are many shots in most all the tables that requre a shot like that. WWH the far left ramp. Avengers right sink-hole to change avengers.

Any way I know what you mean. The PS3 forums are ghost towns. The majority of the discussion is here so I'm just joining in. Might change once ZP2 releases but who knows. In the mean time this is where it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolve or die View Post
    This table is a killer and pretty deep. I love it. Definitely the dark horse of the pack.

That magna save is awesome, I had ball try to drain down the middle and kicked over underneath the left flipper a bit and I was able to magna save it. I wonder if it can be done with a SDTM with the right timing.

And that bottom loop is just the best, that layout is so innovative, makes me wish this was a real table. And that launcher is the best we've ever seen from Zen.
    It is I agree. I saw my magna save try to save drain straight down the middle but it did not quite save it. I have really been working hard and taking my time learning this table. The bottom loop is crazy, I love to go for chaos multiball. The magnet system really is showcased during it.

All the missions are doable... the one that is most difficult for me (as I mentioned previously) is Greithof. The Wizard mode is really easy as well... you only have one more creature to kill (not killed a Worthy... something with and S) and the only difficult part (more annoying rather) is that while you have to shoot the little standup figurine in all 6 positions the Blitzcrieg robot blocks your path so you have to be patient and wait for your chance. After that it is just a 4 ball reward stage (not sure as I mentioned before) which I completely messed up but I saw scores of 3.5mil+ popping up per completed shot and as far as I could tell there wasn't a time limit. I'm pretty sure this will end up being the highest scoring opportunity.

For the mission where you have to complete the full circles (sorry can't get these names down) it is quite easy once you know where to press the right flipper. The spot is as the ball comes down, press it just as it passes the S of Fear itSelf

My advice and my approach for the table is to first focus on the Angir mission first and repeating it because it can be used to build up your multipliers. I don't like spamming anything so I always try to play through Wizard mode because if you manage to string long games together just by playing you end up starting all the missions and multi-balls many times (e.g. Hulk is a good example of that). But before you start with the Angir approach I would suggest that for a couple of games you just focus on figuring out and finishing all the missions. I started a couple of games just repeating the Greithof mission and only after I got it right did I go on to the other missions and modes.
    Last edited by Cloda; 06-22-2012 at 03:43 PM.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

I've found the full circle Worthy mission one of these easiest.The technique I use with the magnetic loop is to tap the flippers multiple times and not to just hold the flipper down:

This is assuming you're going anti-clockwise (I don't think it'll go round any other way).

When theis on it's down swing keep tapping the left flippers. DON'T just hold it. When the ball passes over the middle start tapping the opposite (right) flipper. You don't need to hammer them but you want to tap quite quickly. You should see tthe ball fly out of the top of the loop and over the bumpers where it'll rattle about a bit and 8/10 swing back down into the magnetic loop when you can start tapping the left flipper again.

Any way I know what you mean. The PS3 forums are ghost towns. The majority of the discussion is here so I'm just joining in. Might change once ZP2 releases but who knows. In the mean time this is where it's at.
    The reason why I posted everything on the 360 boards is to make it easy for STTC. He's the one that makes the guides and it will be easier for him to get all the information, if it's all stored at one place.
    Last edited by shogun00; 06-22-2012 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Typos

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Exclamation Guide Info Needed

The reason why I posted everything on the 360 boards is to make easy for STTC. He's the one that makes the guides and it will be easy for him to get all the information, if it's all stored at one place.
    Thank to you and the whole Community, I basically try to amass info on these -

1. Ball Save/Kickback = Magna Save
    2. Multiball Modes = Activation Process, collection of the Jackpots etc.
    3. Extra Ball = How to attain
    4. Side Missions
    5. Main Missions = The Worthy, how to complete each
    6. Wizard Mode = How to complete or if its a reward mode.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

^^

Alright Steve let's make it happen!

All I have left is the Blitzkrieg USA cheevo and I will be done with 360 version. I will have to go to the PS3 and do ALL of the trophy requirements for that. I'm sooooo looking forward to it though. I absolutely love this pack. It's the best one out of all of them in my opinion. I certainly love Infinity Gauntlet and Fear Itself as my favorites. Beautifully crafted tables. All of them are!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

OK more for Shoryu

Mokk can be pretty easy if you are accurate with your shots. When Mokk is activated, the ball will turn to stone Boulder. There are 4 lanes to shoot for. right loop, Left loop, Left ramp, Right ramp. Be careful and don't hit target of any sort even the the spinner above the left out lane. If you hit the any target the boulder/ball will crack. If you hit anything other than the lanes 3 times the mission is over and you lose the mission of course. Once the 4 lanes are made you shoot the right loop again and make it down the outer magnetic lane. It will go down the sink hole on the bottom but that's ok a regular ball will relaunch and you complete the mission by shooting the moving target to light the 6 flashing lights. 5m for completing I think.

The ball is stone so don't even waste your magna save at all. I hear the death save is easy on this table but haven't even considered using as once magna save is lit and stacked, you may not need it unless you make stupid shots and they go down the out lanes like crazy.

Kuurth can be another one that is simple if you are accurate with your shots. Once the mode starts, shoot the lit lane where the sinkhole under the upper right flipper. The ball will turn into another stone Boulder. this time you have 4 targets to hit. The spinner above the left out lane, target to the right of the entrance to the left ramp. And 2 targets where you start your missions. You have 6 boulders to use so make your shots count. Once that is done complete the mission by shooting the moving target in the to light the 6 flashing lights.

Nerkkod is a 2 ball multi-ball where you have the neutral ball (Which is not steel and unable to be a magnetized) and a regular ball. 2 lights will be lit. Left Loop, right Loop, Shoot the regular ball around the right loop and make it do at least a half circle around the magnetic loop. After that.....Right and Left Ramps will be lit. Shoot the neutral ball in one of the those lanes and you'll have to do another round of Shooting the regular ball around the right loop and making it do at least a half circle around the magnetic loop. I believe the center lane (lock Lane) will light up and you shoot the neutral ball into the area there. Once that is done complete the mission by shooting the moving target in the to light the 6 flashing lights. Be careful not to shoot the lanes with the regular ball as it will freeze at one spot and then at a random time release. It's not too dangerous just be aware.

Angrir and Nul have been mentioned several times already. I've done Skirn and Greigtoth but there is more to them than just shooting the lanes or targets. I'll to go into detail about those mission at a future time. Will be in cali till the first so wont be able play the tables till I get back. ........

There is one more I think..... Skadi the one that launches the ball plunger. Haven't got to that mission just yet. It's the mission that precedes the final wizard mode.

I Can't take my PS3 with me.

So, I was TRYING to get into this table, started the Greithoth Mission and, mid-mission (7.5m remaining on the HUD?) a magnet activates and pulls both balls off the table...and the mission is still going and I can't do a bloody thing. File this under "Bugs" I guess but I havent played the table enough to give a better description and this isn't inspiring me to play it more. Edit - Table will not tilt, magna saves can be activated but they don't do anything, so move this into the game killing bug section, going to have to restart.

Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    So, I was TRYING to get into this table, started the Greithoth Mission and, mid-mission (7.5m remaining on the HUD?) a magnet activates and pulls both balls off the table...and the mission is still going and I can't do a bloody thing. File this under "Bugs" I guess but I havent played the table enough to give a better description and this isn't inspiring me to play it more. Edit - Table will not tilt, magna saves can be activated but they don't do anything, so move this into the game killing bug section, going to have to restart.
    Wow, that sucks man! I just had the best game ever. My previous game I had got to Skadi, but ultimately failed trying to get up the certain ramps. I then became so pissed, but I took a break, came back, and Beat the wizard mode. Greithoth and Nerrkrod(spelling?) are the hardest/most annoying. Those were the last two on my first game, but on my "beat the wizard mode" game, I got done with those first so they could be out of the way. Skadi was annoying to beat, just because of the last part, the Blitzkrieg gets in the way of you hitting her, but you just gotta wait it out and get good shots. Then, the wizard mode itself is just a points fest, which was fun. I lasted on that longer than I thought since I do horrible with multi-ball modes on this table. Ended up with 681m I believe, would of had over 700m had my neutral ball not drained during thunder god hurry up mode, which was super lame, but in the end, got the trophy and a great score. Don't give up on this table!

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Then, the wizard mode itself is just a points fest, which was fun. I lasted on that longer than I thought since I do horrible with multi-ball modes on this table. Ended up with 681m I believe, would of had over 700m had my neutral ball not drained during thunder god hurry up mode, which was super lame, but in the end, got the trophy and a great score. Don't give up on this table!
    Well done for getting it right I was thinking that the reward mode was going to be your best scoring opportunity. I'm really very happy with this bunch of tables because it seems on all of them that playing through the table and getting to Wizard mode is your best shot at putting up a major score.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Wow, that sucks man! I just had the best game ever. My previous game I had got to Skadi, but ultimately failed trying to get up the certain ramps. I then became so pissed, but I took a break, came back, and Beat the wizard mode. Greithoth and Nerrkrod(spelling?) are the hardest/most annoying. Those were the last two on my first game, but on my "beat the wizard mode" game, I got done with those first so they could be out of the way. Skadi was annoying to beat, just because of the last part, the Blitzkrieg gets in the way of you hitting her, but you just gotta wait it out and get good shots. Then, the wizard mode itself is just a points fest, which was fun. I lasted on that longer than I thought since I do horrible with multi-ball modes on this table. Ended up with 681m I believe, would of had over 700m had my neutral ball not drained during thunder god hurry up mode, which was super lame, but in the end, got the trophy and a great score. Don't give up on this table!
    Congrats!

I just started working on this table yesterday. I got the Avengers Multiball trophy and I was able to complete several of the missions with ease. It appears that I'm getting used to the magnetics on this table.
    Last edited by shogun00; 06-23-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Default Magna Save

What is the Magna Save about it never saves my ball they just keep.stacking doing nothing as far as I can see is there a bug on the table or am I just missing something lucky enough the death save is really easy to do on this table

Quote Originally Posted by KnackerBag View Post
    What is the Magna Save about it never saves my ball they just keep.stacking doing nothing as far as I can see is there a bug on the table or am I just missing something lucky enough the death save is really easy to do on this table
    Using the launch button activates magna save, it saves the balls from going down the left and right outlanes. It works all the time for me when they are lit.

Quote Originally Posted by KnackerBag View Post
    Magnasave works quite well but you have to practice it... I use it as a backup for when the death save doesn't work. All you need to to do to activate it is to press and hold in the launch button at the appropriate time... it is pretty strong and works quite well.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

As others have said, bang backs on this table are actually quite easy. I remember seeing the early gameplay of this table and wondering if it was even possible, but indeed it's easier than a normal table

Is there a particular mission worth doing over and over?

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    Is there a particular mission worth doing over and over?
    I guess so. I mean, the easiest ones are Skirn, Angrir, and Nul. I'd repeat Angrir because you can get the Advance Multiplier going a lot. However, before repeating any, I'd suggest getting 4 done, that way you get an extra ball. And by then, I'd try to just go for the WM since it's a major points fest, so I don't know. I can't see myself repeating missions any time soon...

I guess so. I mean, the easiest ones are Skirn, Angrir, and Nul. I'd repeat Angrir because you can get the Advance Multiplier going a lot. However, before repeating any, I'd suggest getting 4 done, that way you get an extra ball. And by then, I'd try to just go for the WM since it's a major points fest, so I don't know. I can't see myself repeating missions any time soon...
    Nul is a pain in the ass for me. If you are unlucky to eject the ball out of the circle loop onto the normal playfield it becomes very difficult because the magnets still effect the ball. It is particularly bad when you are trying to catch and hold the ball for an aimed shot. You think you know the trajectory of the ball is good for a catch and hold so you raise the flipper, the magnet kicks in and the trajectory of the ball gets altered and all of the sudden you end up with wild shots or worse, a center drain.

Nul is a pain in the ass for me. If you are unlucky to eject the ball out of the circle loop onto the normal playfield it becomes very difficult because the magnets still effect the ball. It is particularly bad when you are trying to catch and hold the ball for an aimed shot. You think you know the trajectory of the ball is good for a catch and hold so you raise the flipper, the magnet kicks in and the trajectory of the ball gets altered and all of the sudden you end up with wild shots or worse, a center drain.
    I see what you mean, but I've personally never had a problem with getting it back to the left flipper and shooting the orbit again.

Thanks. Also, does anyone know how you start the Avengers multiball on this table? What an amzing looking multiball! I've only got it one time.

Congrats!

I just started working on this table yesterday. I got the Avengers Multiball trophy and I was able to complete several of the missions with ease. It appears that I'm getting used to the magnetics on this table.
    Any tips on starting the Avengers Multiball? I am pretty sure it has to do with increasing Captain's Vigor (?) by hitting Thor's hammer diverter and then hitting alternating orbit shots. This has been difficult for me because I have been trying to use a bounce pass to get the ball on the desired flipper but it just bounces off the desired flipper in a high arc that gets close to a sdtm drain and I end up doing a slap save.

Any tips on starting the Avengers Multiball? I am pretty sure it has to do with increasing Captain's Vigor (?) by hitting Thor's hammer diverter and then hitting alternating orbit shots. This has been difficult for me because I have been trying to use a bounce pass to get the ball on the desired flipper but it just bounces off the desired flipper in a high arc that gets close to a sdtm drain and I end up doing a slap save.
    You pretty much got it down. You need to keep the orbit combo going. If you made a 2 hit combo, then that will carry over (ie you only need a 3 hit combo) when you hit the hammer again. Or you can just do another 2 hit combo and hit the hammer for a third time, but you'll be required to do another two hit combo.

Once you start the multiball, all you need to do is lock one ball into the saucer, one ball into the hole and shoot the third ball at one of the two jackpot ramps.

On a side note: I beat the wizard mode (third trophy acquired) and scored 777 million points.

You pretty much got it down. You need to keep the orbit combo going. If you made a 2 hit combo, then that will carry over (ie you only need a 3 hit combo) when you hit the hammer again. Or you can just do another 2 hit combo and hit the hammer for a third time, but you'll be required to do another two hit combo.

Once you start the multiball, all you need to do is lock one ball into the saucer, one ball into the hole and shoot the third ball at one of the two jackpot ramps.

On a side note: I beat the wizard mode (third trophy acquired) and scored 777 million points.
    You only need a three hit combo to start the multiball? I am sure I have done that already. I must be missing a step. Do you have to make a specific shot after completing the combo to start multiball?

Nope. Not that I remember.

You only need a three hit combo to start the multiball?
    No! You need a 5-hit combo, but you can break the combo up into parts.

For example, hit the hammer and do a 2-hit orbit combo, then hit the hammer later and do a 3-hit orbit combo.

For example, hit the hammer and do a 2-hit orbit combo, then hit the hammer later and do a 3-hit orbit combo.
    Yes I started the avengers many times by doing them in parts.

I know what you mean. Most of the time when I shoot the orbits it's with a pretty powerful shot. Trying the do the bounce pass sometimes makes the ball go the edge of the the desired flipper or passed it. A weaker shot at the orbits should help.

@shogun and tenorhero. Thanks for the help. I was finally able to do it. Hitting that diverter ramp was a pain in the butt. I think you have a decent amount of time to hit the first loop once you activate the diverter so I took my time to line up my first orbit shot. You have considerably less time to hit the subsequent orbit shots. With a mixture of nudge passes and luck, I was finally able to get it. Once you fill the "cap's vigor" meter, I believe you activate it by hitting the center ramp.

For those who have read the rule sheet for cap's vigor, it is a bit confusing. I guess the "loop ramp shot" is the ramp that leads to the diverter via cross shot with the upper right flipper. However, you can also hit the diverter with a weak shot to the reverse scoop. After you hit the diverter, either the left or the right orbit will have a flashing light. Hit the orbit with the flashing light. If you make the shot the opposite orbit will light up and you have about 10 seconds, give or take a couple of seconds, to make the shot. Rinse and repeat until you fill that meter.

Edit: After rereading the rulesheet, it says you can also advance cap's vigor if you hit the "loop ramp" instantly (obviously this will only work if you are shooting it up the left orbit).
    Last edited by surf1der; 06-24-2012 at 06:56 AM. Reason: made some mistakes

I guess the "loop ramp shot" is the ramp that leads to the diverter via cross shot with the upper right flipper. However, you can also hit the diverter with a weak shot to the reverse scoop. After you hit the diverter, either the left or the right orbit will have a flashing light. Hit the orbit with the flashing light.
    Or sometimes on a weak shot up loop where you start your missions once the targets are down.

I Find it easier to shoot the 'lock' area (center ramp/ loop however you call it and the ball will release easily enough close the the upper flipper to make a clean shot at the ramp for the diverter.

Some nice scores on the PS3. glad to see players figuring out the table.

Edit: After rereading the rulesheet, it says you can also advance cap's vigor if you hit the "loop ramp" instantly (obviously this will only work if you are shooting it up the left orbit).
    Nice find! gotta try that out.

Anyone got any hints as to how to consistently hit the gate on the left and enter the magnetic loop? Seem to have a nightmare hitting it at the moment. I've tried late shots off the right (lower) flipper but always seem to keep shooting up the left orbit or getting magna saves. I keep failing the Skirn Worthy mission as you need to hit the gate on both sides and can't seem to hit it consistently once at the moment!

Also once I've constructed the weapon in Odin's forge (rotate the gate 20 times) do I need to land the ball anywhere to properly finish the mode? Nothing obvious seems to be flashing to indicate where...

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsesmith View Post
    Anyone got any hints as to how to consistently hit the gate on the left and enter the magnetic loop? Seem to have a nightmare hitting it at the moment. I've tried late shots off the right (lower) flipper but always seem to keep shooting up the left orbit or getting magna saves. I keep failing the Skirn Worthy mission as you need to hit the gate on both sides and can't seem to hit it consistently once at the moment!

Also once I've constructed the weapon in Odin's forge (rotate the gate 20 times) do I need to land the ball anywhere to properly finish the mode? Nothing obvious seems to be flashing to indicate where...

I can't give you any specific hints on how to do that specific spinner shot. Personally I use the the upper right flipper with a late shot. I Find it easier. Don't be too late or it will drain in the left out-lane if you don't have magna save. All I know is that when you keep hitting that spinner for the Skirn mission the spinner does move a little so I can actually spin the spinner by hitting the right post (Of the spinner) I can't explain it but I don't have problems with the skirn mission. I just keep shooting at the spinner with bottom right flipper for the skirn mission.

After the gate is rotated shoot the center ramp (Lock) and you will awarded 10 million. The DMD explains it fairly well though.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsesmith View Post
    Anyone got any hints as to how to consistently hit the gate on the left and enter the magnetic loop?
    No hints here! I'm almost always able to make the shot at "near" the tip of the lower right flipper.

Thanks for the advice chaps. Sure my woes with hitting the gate and magnetic loop are just trying to over think the table. The other day I had no trouble!

And thanks TH for the info on finishing The Eleven Forge mission. I tend to miss the DMD in these early days on a new table as I'm too busy trying to keep the ball in play!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Nation View Post
    Before last night I have gotten maybe three deathsaves total my entire time with Zen tables. Last night I got FIVE on this table. The way the outlane swoops around in a circle and the way it tends to have a lot of speed when draining makes this table the easiest table to get a deathsave on. I got saved more from deathsaves than from Magna Saves as I rarely remember the Magna Save.

Remember, you miss every deathsave you don't try for.
    Totally agree.
    Now deathsaves are doable on Xbox too!

I've now got the magna save down pretty good. Just shot up to number 6 in the world on this table, with 457 M. Wouldv'e veebn higher if the red skeleton or whoever plungers the ball DIDNT hammer my ball staright into the gutter twice. ugggghhhhhhhhh. Anyway, went to number 1 on my friends lsit on this table. It's been a LOOOOOOONG time for that, considering I have many players on my list that is the best in the world. This table rocks.

Man I'm in cali on vacation and thinking (well maybe 20% of the time) about Zen Pinball and the Fear Itself table.. What kind of adiction is that I wonder? Anyway saw a Real Pinball Machine Nascar and was going to play it but it wasn't working........ Sigh. I'ts all good though. Having a blast in the cooler weather than AZ. Nearly a 20 degree turn around.

I dunno about you chaps but im finding this table one of the easier to get cracking on. Just got the pack today and ive done 75m on this after like 3 games. The magna save is super duper powerful, I've had it drag the ball back to the magnet from all the way down at the drain next to "Fear Itself" on the table. Its just judging if you need to use it or not, im still not sure on when that loop is active or not yet as a few times its drained from dropping in there from ramps.

I think I could get in to this table and get a nice score on it.

Oh yeahH!H!!H.....
    I just beat the wizard mode !!!
    I defeated all the monsters plus the final one! Very Very tough!!!
    I tought i would deserve some achievement for that....but nothing!
    My score now is the 10Th in world ranking.
    Well its not too difficult to reach high score since you can repeat each mission. U can focus on the easiest one ( the lady monster in my opinion ) and do it over and over.

Found a bug on the table.
    Tha ball was trapped just behind the target to the very right of the left ramp.
    I had no chance but tilt. :-(

Oh no! Sending to the team...

Another bug on the table is the magnet loop, it wont activate properly sometimes leaving the ball stranded in the loop requiring it to reset the ball. It can really mess up a timed mode like the thunder god hurry up. Also on entering through the skillshot gate it can drain instantly when its a returned ball from a mode because the magnets wont trigger properly to fire it around the loop.

Ive also had the ball get trapped on the very bottom edge of the outlane of the when trying to magna save, and the magnet has turned off before the ball gets there while im still holding it on (timed magnet?). Very frustrating when your on a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by lexandro View Post
    Another bug on the table is the magnet loop, it wont activate properly sometimes leaving the ball stranded in the loop requiring it to reset the ball. It can really mess up a timed mode like the thunder god hurry up. Also on entering through the skillshot gate it can drain instantly when its a returned ball from a mode because the magnets wont trigger properly to fire it around the loop.

Ive also had the ball get trapped on the very bottom edge of the outlane of the when trying to magna save, and the magnet has turned off before the ball gets there while im still holding it on (timed magnet?). Very frustrating when your on a good game.
    None of these are bugs. The thunder god hurry up uses "neutral" ball. Neutral as in non-magnetic. The magnets will not work on this ball, including the magna save. Same goes with the stone ball. Also, the magna save is not 100%. The earlier you activate it when the ball is the outlane, the more likely you are to save it.

None of these are bugs. The thunder god hurry up uses "neutral" ball. Neutral as in non-magnetic. The magnets will not work on this ball, including the magna save. Same goes with the stone ball. Also, the magna save is not 100%. The earlier you activate it when the ball is the outlane, the more likely you are to save it.
    The magna save ending itself wasnt the issue, it was the ball getting stuck and the loop magnets not firing correctly. It wasnt during a mode and it wasnt a mission it was returning to play AFTER a mode when Sadri lets you fire it back on the board for a skillshot. I got the skillshot, the magnets didnt fire, I tried to magna save, the ball got stuck, the magnet turned off.

It was a normal ball and it stuck in place on straight edge end of the left outlane with the magna save active for about 3 seconds, then the magnet shut down and the ball drained. The ball wasnt actually in the outlane it was coming down left side of the loop lane and the left side magnets did not fire, forcing me to magna to try and retrieve it.

Its a pretty specific circumstance but it was readily apparent that the magnets failed to fire the ball back around because it gave me the skillshot and then drained. Cant get more clear cut than that.

Though I thought it was more apparent because of the thunder god mode. Didnt realise that meant no magnets for that ball, though that mode drained from it not traveling around the lower loop properly. But in any case there is a real issue there with the magnets, im not just imagining it or mistaking a mode.
    Last edited by lexandro; 06-27-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lexandro View Post
    The magna save ending itself wasnt the issue, it was the ball getting stuck and the loop magnets not firing correctly. It wasnt during a mode and it wasnt a mission it was returning to play AFTER a mode when Sadri lets you fire it back on the board for a skillshot. I got the skillshot, the magnets didnt fire, I tried to magna save, the ball got stuck, the magnet turned off.

It was a normal ball and it stuck in place on straight edge end of the left outlane with the magna save active for about 3 seconds, then the magnet shut down and the ball drained. The ball wasnt actually in the outlane it was coming down left side of the loop lane and the left side magnets did not fire, forcing me to magna to try and retrieve it.

Its a pretty specific circumstance but it was readily apparent that the magnets failed to fire the ball back around because it gave me the skillshot and then drained. Cant get more clear cut than that.

Though I thought it was more apparent because of the thunder god mode. Didnt realise that meant no magnets for that ball, though that mode drained from it not traveling around the lower loop properly. But in any case there is a real issue there with the magnets, im not just imagining it or mistaking a mode.

Yeah, i'm not sure if the player-controlled loop magnets are supposed to work all the time. I may be wrong, but I think they are only user controlled during the nul (?) mission and maybe one other.

And also, why would you try to use the magna save when it is the "loop" lane. I assume you mean the outer loop lane. If the ball drains in the bottom of the loop lane you don't lose a ball. It gets ejected back onto the main playfield, i can't remember if it is autolaunched from the plunger or gets ejected from the sink hole. Either way you should not be using the magna save in the loop lane because it is mostly a closed loop and it will not work. Use the magna saves when the ball is draining in the outlanes or you can occasionally get lucky if you are quick activating it on a stdm drain.

I don't think you are imagining things, i just don't think you have learned all the mechanics of the table yet. Don't worry, practice makes perfect!

I only know them to be user controlled during Nul. As I said it was nothing to do with the mode, or mission as I had not even tried Nul that game, I was doing Thing/Arngir that game as I had no figured out Nul yet. It was a return to to play from the plunger after a mode ending (not sure which tbh). And yes it did drain from that lane thats the point mate. The magnets have a sound effect and a lighting effect to signal them firing. As I was trying to get a double skillshot, I was pretty focused on the shot and the lane afterwards. When there was no light effect or sound effect for the magnet, I hit the magna save and as described above it got stuck and then drained. It physically didnt get in to the outlane, it got stuck on the very edge of it on tip of the lip before rolling off in to the drain.
    Last edited by lexandro; 06-27-2012 at 09:26 AM.

I guess have no idea what you are talking about. I don't know what you mean when you say, "it didn't get into the outlane, it got stuck on the very edge of it." i thought you said the magnetic loop lane that circles the outer perimeter of the table. Obviously a magna save will not work here. I guess you mean something else. It's late for me right now, so that could be the reason. Hopefully someone else can give you a better answer or have had the same problem as you. Sorry bro.

Yeah im not describing it very well. Er ok here goes. On the bottom of the board were it says FEAR ITSELF, that little plastic effect screen thing? Right on the end of that where it meets the underside of the outlane so your not supposed to get in there from that point? Its a little lower than the outlane wall itself if you look at it. Well I got trapped right on lip of the plastic thingy while the magnet was active, and the magnet stopped itself and it rolled off and up in to the drain. Its like the ball leaped to get to the left magnet and got stuck then drained.

All that though was because there was no magnet light or effect when i dropped in to the loop lane for the skillshot through the uncertainty gate. At the time I didnt know it would not normally drain, so I kinda paniced and tried to use the magna with the above result.

So in effect its two issues.

One; there was no indication that the magnets had triggered or not for the loop.
    Two; I managed to get out of the bottom loop by accident using the magnet and it caused a drain.
    Last edited by lexandro; 06-27-2012 at 09:54 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    The music on this table is phenomenal.
    Yea probably the best music in the game. Then again I'm a sucker for anything kinda industrial sounding.

but speaking of this table. I love it and all, but I'm just goddamn terrible at it.

Found some sort of glitch in this table while doing the Avengers multi-ball. I posted it in the table bugs sticky.

I posted this in the PS3 thread, but I was told that everyone is posting here instead so here's some tips.

I just got the "Prophecy fulfilled" trophy and I wanted to point out some things. Firstly, when you beat the Skadi Worthy and start the final battle, you DO NOT get in infinite ball save (it was suggested that you do). I stupidly let balls drain (cause I was focusing on other shots) assuming it was infinite and it went away after about 30 seconds as usual. Fortunately, you don't have to beat this wizard mode so it didn't matter so much.

I have a very useful tip for the Kuurth Worthy. There are 4 targets to hit, and each time you hit a target the ball explodes and is relaunched. If you have not hit the far left target in the middle of the spinner, it will interfere with every ball launched and send them straight toward the middle...very annoying and difficult to deal with. It becomes impossible to catch the ball and so you have to hit it quickly which results in the ball hitting something other than a target and being wasted. If however, you hit this target first, the spinner will rotate 90 degrees so it's out of your way and balls can each be caught easily on the left flipper when they are launched. I actually struggled with this for a while before I figured that out (then I felt stupid, lol).

For the Nul Worthy, I was able to figure out the timing by watching the magnetic lights outside of the mission when the ball goes around the table. You can see exactly when the lights go on so it should clue you in to the timing pretty well (it did for me!).

I always began each run by going after the Nerkkod Worthy first since it is quite a challenging multiball. Unlike typical multiballs, you have to hit specific targets with specific balls... very challenging for me at least. The next Worthy I tackled was Greithoth since it's another tough multiball. If you can get these two missions done on your first or second ball, the others are all doable.

Hope that helps!

Loving this table
    which it took me for surprise since i wasn't a big fan of the comic itself (we comic book guys like to call this one "everyone getting hammers" the comic)
    so far the mission are the most fun i had with the table (its me or is Angrir the easiest one?), i liked the arkanoid like game with Mjolnir against the Serpent too

Quote Originally Posted by bazz View Post
    Loving this table
    which it took me for surprise since i wasn't a big fan of the comic itself (we comic book guys like to call this one "everyone getting hammers" the comic)
    so far the mission are the most fun i had with the table (its me or is Angrir the easiest one?), i liked the arkanoid like game with Mjolnir against the Serpent too
    Everyone keeps mentioning the "arkanoid"-like minigame. I had grown up with atari so maybe i'm showing my age but it was called breakout.

Everyone keeps mentioning the "arkanoid"-like minigame. I had grown up with atari so maybe i'm showing my age but it was called breakout.
    I'm with you, I remember playing breakout on Commodore64 in our school library when I was supposed to be studying.

I thought it was arkanoid that started adding details like the enhancement pills (widened/narrowed paddle, convex paddle, speed-up/slow-down, paddle with laser guns, etc.) Not sure if that game was the first to introduce those features, that was.... a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bclewis View Post
    I'm with you, I remember playing breakout on Commodore64 in our school library when I was supposed to be studying.

I thought it was arkanoid that started adding details like the enhancement pills (widened/narrowed paddle, convex paddle, speed-up/slow-down, paddle with laser guns, etc.) Not sure if that game was the first to introduce those features, that was.... a while ago.
    First time I played it it was called Thru the wall on the rubber keyed ZX Spectrum! I think it was most likely the first game I played on it!

It was either Arkanoid or Batty that added the upgrades and different layouts I'm sure.

I first played breakout on the atari 2600. Unfortunately, I missed the gaming greatness of the commodore 64. I had the bastard gaming system of that generation, the Vectrex. Never heard of the ZX spectrum.

aarrgghh, that breakout/arkanoid min game drives me nuts, it's just completely random and the position it hits on the bar has no correlation with where the hammer goes afterwards. so all you have to do is mirror its movements, coz it does that weird comes back to you after it hits the side walls.

STTC, 3 million for first two hits and then a base 6M for final, with 1M for every time you defeat him (so 2nd time 7M, 3rd time 8M, etc)

And showing my age here but I love how the jackpot sounds are the classic 6M Dollar Man action noise and, especially, the avengers multiballs is the classic Superfriends transition noise. funny, funny.

Anyone know how to up the multiplier on the Avengers multiball? IS it just linked to the EOB muliplier?

And anyone get Bonus Held yet? How???

And BUG BUG BUG, if you activate the Elven Forge and immediately hit the center shot, you get 18M but then the ball stays in the Odin sinkhole and wont come out (unless of course you've got the game in 'testing'* mode with 10 balls and (more importantly) tilts turned off, and then you can rumble the table like a mofo until the ball eventually comes out. But in normal play, that would be a game killer.

* When I first get a game, I go into operator menu and play with the settings and get max balls and other stuff, so I can just play with the table and not worry about score, just getting the feel for every shot. That way I dont have to restart the game continuously in frustration, and really work the table out.

Fear Itself

By far, my favorite table at the moment. The Avengers table pack is the best set of tables by far but, Fear Itself stands out.
    Simple complexity at its finest.

The woman's weird robot/apocolyptic voice really helps make it stand out too.

I first played breakout on the atari 2600. Unfortunately, I missed the gaming greatness of the commodore 64. I had the bastard gaming system of that generation, the Vectrex. Never heard of the ZX spectrum.
    Ah, the Vectrex, my friend had one of those, I recall the game backgrounds were printed on clear plastic sheets you just stuck on the screen

Regarding the "breakout/arkanoid" mini-game on Fear Itself, I'd say it's actually a little closer to Pong, in the absence of bricks to smash.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast