Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official Fear Itself Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bclewis View Post
    Ah, the Vectrex, my friend had one of those, I recall the game backgrounds were printed on clear plastic sheets you just stuck on the screen

Regarding the "breakout/arkanoid" mini-game on Fear Itself, I'd say it's actually a little closer to Pong, in the absence of bricks to smash.
    Ah, I forgot about those clear plastic background sheets. I think they had different colors too. I guess they didn't have enough memory to push out those background pixels. The only games I remember from the Vectrex was a tank game and an ateroids like game.

@Evolve: I was also wondering what the max multiplier for this table was. I think I got as high as x18. Anyone maxed out the multipliers yet?

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    The woman's weird robot/apocolyptic voice really helps make it stand out too.
    thats Sin Shmidt daugther of Red Skull, she is transformed in Skadi by her Hammer
    her voice sound like that because she has a german accent mixed in her voice

Quote Originally Posted by bazz View Post
    thats Sin Shmidt daugther of Red Skull, she is transformed in Skadi by her Hammer
    her voice sound like that because she has a german accent mixed in her voice

I need to compile a list of the graphic novels I need to pick up to have the entire Fear Itself story arc. I love this story and how the Serpent is called forth by Sin, who then in turn, calls forth the Worthy. Those transformations and the death of Thor sound sick.

I've actually got the entire Infinity Gauntlet run as I collected them when I was an early teen.

Maybe Zen should consider the Todd McFarlen drawn "New Fantastic Four". When the original Fantastic Four was thought killed, Spiderman, the Grey Hulk, Wolverine, and Ghost Rider teamed up to become the "new" Fantastic Four. That was quite the site to see!

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    I guess they didn't have enough memory to push out those background pixels.
    The notable thing about Vectrex is that it was based on vector graphics rather than raster graphics -- so, no "background pixels", but rather line segments in arbitrary directions; and I believe there are hardware limitations on the number of line segments possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BootToTheKool View Post
    I need to compile a list of the graphic novels I need to pick up to have the entire Fear Itself story arc. I love this story and how the Serpent is called forth by Sin, who then in turn, calls forth the Worthy. Those transformations and the death of Thor sound sick.

I've actually got the entire Infinity Gauntlet run as I collected them when I was an early teen.

Maybe Zen should consider the Todd McFarlen drawn "New Fantastic Four". When the original Fantastic Four was thought killed, Spiderman, the Grey Hulk, Wolverine, and Ghost Rider teamed up to become the "new" Fantastic Four. That was quite the site to see!
    i have the infinity saga too and it is awesome
    a new f4 table it could be cool
    personally if had to do a new F4 related table as some sort of sequel to the existing table i'll go with the Future Foundation run, it would be the perfect excuse to have some of the cosmic F4 stuff like the celestials and Annihilus

Just had a great game on this table. Played from about 8pm to almost 11pm, racked 1.8 billion and am #1 (FOR NOW ) Got to the wizard mode twice, did GREAT the first time, horrible on the second time, but oh well. I was hoping for 2 billion but I'll settle for my score

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Just had a great game on this table. Played from about 8pm to almost 11pm, racked 1.8 billion and am #1 (FOR NOW ) Got to the wizard mode twice, did GREAT the first time, horrible on the second time, but oh well. I was hoping for 2 billion but I'll settle for my score
    I'm waiting for ZP2, before I focus on the scoring on these tables. My goal was to get over 500 million on each of the four tables and I already achieved that.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Had a great game today and finally beat the Wizard Mode, that reward Multiball that happens afterwards is some highscore madness but since it was my first time lol I guess I was too happy with finally completing the Wizard. Managed a score of 335 Million, should have been more alas. Yh whats the max multiplier btw? is it endless...

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I'm waiting for ZP2, before I focus on the scoring on these tables. My goal was to get over 500 million on each of the four tables and I already achieved that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Had a great game today and finally beat the Wizard Mode, that reward Multiball that happens afterwards is some highscore madness but since it was my first time lol I guess I was too happy with finally completing the Wizard. Managed a score of 335 Million, should have been more alas. Yh whats the max multiplier btw? is it endless...
    Yeah, I hadn't played MP in several days, and just decided to load it up, and it just happened I think I'll overall be waiting from now on, too. It's sad that the scores won't transfer over at least for the new Avengers pack.

@Shoryuken I got to 25X, don't know if I could have gotten more or not.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    you guys and your crazy high scores, i can barely get over 60 millions (and even less is some other tables)
    reading your scores really doesn't do good for my self-esteem

you guys and your crazy high scores, i can barely get over 60 millions (and even less is some other tables)
    I think my average is now between 100M and 200M, with quite a few < 100M, if it makes you feel any better. Also keep in mind that scoring is non-linear, so in some cases even small improvements in your playing can lead to large score improvements.

I'm SLOWLY getting better at this table. Finally broke 120 million and that was good for the top 125 on the leaderboards.

I like the table a lot, but this table REALLY depends on completing missions/multiball in order to get good scores. Much like the Infinity Gauntlet table (when the pack came out, i was hooked on WWH and Avengers), I had to FORCE myself to get into this table, and it honestly wasn't pretty.

It basically came down to for me, understanding on how to complete the different missions. Once you figure out how to complete the worthy missions, damn.... they give you a LOT of points for completing. Even if you don't complete any of the worthy missions. If you rack up 2 or 3 multiball runs... you can easily break 100+ million without defeating any of the worthy.

I still suck at this table, but I now know what it takes to complete the various missions on the table. Been playing it more and more since right now Infinity Gauntlet seems more of a grind to me, same with WWH. Avengers just annoys me because of the bugged black widow ramp... dunno how many times ive had a huge game going and a ball randomly drains and my bounce back fails.... playing the avengers tables is like a kick in the balls at times.....

Either way. My scores have been slowly increasing on it, and know I understand the table, and what it takes to complete the various missions (which are harder than the other tables in this pack imo), it's really fun.

I really want to get to the wizard mode on this table now, but that's going to take a good chunk of skill, and a high percentage of luck on the side.

When I was lurking here earlier this year my eyes went 0_0 while reading about the high scores.

Trust me, read the table guides, take time to initiate your shots, learn what needs to be done to get the maximum amount of points... also definitely know how many extra balls you can earn per table. That helps a lot.

With a lot of practice you can do good. gotta know the ins and outs of every table/mode though. Nothing is easy my friend... believe me.

... but hey.... wtf do I know. READ the table guides here by shoryuken. They are invaluable.
    I've never broke 1 billion on any table. Closest I've got was 800+m on epic quest tournament. Someone on my friendslist (someone that don't post here) got 1.2 billion on sorcerers lair and that annoys the f out of me. Because i KNOW what it takes to get good scores on that table.... guess I don't play it all that much.

Just keep on playing and your scores will eventually improve. Like anything in life, if you work hard at it, irrespective of your ultimate potential (I will never beat Usain Bolt no matter how hard I train to run faster), you will get better. I took me at least a year before my scores went from barely being able to break 100mil on a table to consistently beating wizard modes and breaking billions. I have thought and posted about my progress a lot, so take a look if you are interested (follow the link in my signature).
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Wow Finally got to the wizard mode on this table. It's not necessarily a wizard mode per say... It's more of a bonus/frenzy mode that can score a bunch of points. All in all disappointing considering the missions were so darn interesting and fun. Not to say it's bad. It's rewarding but seemed anti climactic.

Finally nabbed both the 2nd and 3rd trophy as well. (Ps3)

I'm surprised it took me this long to finally get to it but I did and it was a grueling (and sometimes frustrating) journey. That Naakrod mission was really irking me to hell and back. Probably the most difficult mission on this table. With all that play in that game I thought I broke 1bill but was short by 100m with maybe one extra ball. That was it. Extra balls are hard to come by on this table.

Still love this table It's challenging additive and really can help with your pinball skills. Love the way this table requires accurate shots. Especially the Skadi mission (after all worthy hammers are collected and before wizard/frenzy)

I've seen a guy with a 5bil+ score on the PSN scoreboards. wonder how he got that. Farming/Grinding missions over and over?

Cool totally true

Without doubt I felt Pong. I only wish they could have made his hammer speed up as the duel continues. It seems rather tedious at times, just like the arena in WWH, It seems as though you get so little for doing so much. I loved the hammer & PONG sequence concept, I believe it just needed a little tweaking.

Yeah I don't know why Zen are so stingy with points sometimes. Still waiting for their Attack From Mars scoring type table.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Anyone know what the Max Multiplier is on this Table?

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Anyone know what the Max Multiplier is on this Table?
    Good luck. I've asked 2 or 3 times already with no response. I don't think anyone knows.

Good luck. I've asked 2 or 3 times already with no response. I don't think anyone knows.
    Lol surely someone out there has maxed it... don't tell me its 99x

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I don't know right off the top of my head but I will ask!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I don't know right off the top of my head but I will ask!
    Thanx for that

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

because of this tables i give a second chance to the Fear itself series, read the whole thing again last weekend
    is not as bad as i remembered, it had some great parts i had neglected before, a really good event, too bad that the excess of unnecessary tie-ins and the inconsistencies with Thor's volume 3 (Odin acting completely out of character for example) kept it from been a great event
    also does Kid Loki make any appearance on the table? because he was a pretty big character in the book

As far as I know, there isn't any maximum of the multipliers

does Kid Loki make any appearance on the table? because he was a pretty big character in the book
    To my knowledge, he does not.

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    As far as I know, there isn't any maximum of the multipliers
    Hmmm then how on Earth do you get the max the multipliers extra ball? im sure I read that there is one extra ball for doing that. Unless it activates upon reach 10x?

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Hmm still trying to work out the scoring mechanics for the multiball modes - Avengers, Chaos and Odin Sword

Im only really adept at Odin Sword since you hit the Ramps/Orbits to increase the Jackpot then hit the Odin Sword Cross Ramp (Top Right Flipper shot).

Avengers seems to be simply hit the lit Ramps/Orbits then hit the centre ramp locker to gain a Super Jackpot.

Chaos seems to involve hitting the 2 Ramps then sending the Ball round the Right Orbit to add an Extra Ball to the multiball so its now a 3 Ball Multiball... rinse and repeat.

I'm I wrong in thinking thats what the multiball modes boil down to?

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Hmmm then how on Earth do you get the max the multipliers extra ball? im sure I read that there is one extra ball for doing that. Unless it activates upon reach 10x?
    No idea. I'm kinda terrible at this table. Think the highest multi I got was 20. It's really easy to level it up during that 1 worthy mission to hit the bumpers.

I guess the easiest way to detemine if there is a max multiplier is to grind the angrir mission and when not on a mission to go for the random reward sink hole for the x5 advance multiplier reward. I'm not a big fan of grinding but i can try later after the fight tonight if nobody else wants to.

I have tried to max the multipliers but have not been able to do it. We should start a pool on guessing what the max multipliers are. I am guessing 250x. You do not get an extra ball at 10x however.

For the chaos multiball you might add something about how every ball past the first that you shoot into the magnetic loop increases your jackpots Shoryuken.
    Last edited by BPestZ; 07-08-2012 at 02:37 AM.

Arrow

On ghostrider it stops at 100?
    I unno, I forget n lose souls, like a highschool boy loses focus and patience, when hes askin a girl to the dance- I'm lucky you can't get a negative multiplier, really.

Anyway, is it 100? If so, I assume someone has surpassed this on fear, already - yea? I've been dividing n conquering each mode lately (now I just gotta be able to link them all together lol), so I could definitely do that grind, if I can find said patience n focus.

(Hopefully I didn't forget it at highschool... hmm, where did I last use it, I wonder.)

I'll report back if/when I find it.
    If life's really just a game, it was designed to be played co-op.

Hmm still trying to work out the scoring mechanics for the multiball modes - Avengers, Chaos and Odin Sword

Im only really adept at Odin Sword since you hit the Ramps/Orbits to increase the Jackpot then hit the Odin Sword Cross Ramp (Top Right Flipper shot).

Avengers seems to be simply hit the lit Ramps/Orbits then hit the centre ramp locker to gain a Super Jackpot.

Chaos seems to involve hitting the 2 Ramps then sending the Ball round the Right Orbit to add an Extra Ball to the multiball so its now a 3 Ball Multiball... rinse and repeat.

I'm I wrong in thinking thats what the multiball modes boil down to?
    You pretty much have it. I find my bigger scores are through most of the multiball modes if you keep the balls in play.

Avengers mutiball I found if you lock one of the balls in the the 'lock' chute. (where you lock the balls in the center area) and 1 ithe sink hole under the upper flipper then Shoot at the jackpot ramps and hit the ramp trough the center portal, your jackpot multiplies by 3. If you lock 1 it's only the basic value.

Chaos mutliball does involve hitting the 2 Ramps then sending the Ball round the Right Orbit to add an Extra Ball to the multiball so its can b up to a 3 Ball Multiball... rinse and repeat. Another multiball that if you can keep the balls in play can score tons of points.

I'm still trying to figure out the Odin sword one. I find it not worth it considering you have to shoot the lock chute 5 times each to actually lock the ball. Also depends if you get the light lock through random rewards. I'm not sure how much the jackpots are.

Quote Originally Posted by CheshireGrin1221 View Post
    On ghostrider it stops at 100?.
    Ghostrider will goto 250x.

For big scores you are in the right place. I would have never reached the scores I have now if it was not for the people here.

Quote Originally Posted by BPestZ View Post
    Ghostrider will goto 250x.

For big scores you are in the right place. I would have never reached the scores I have now if it was not for the people here.
    *random comment* WOW did not know that I got to 60x sometime during my HS 700m+, I stopped playing that table for a while now...they always cycle back...guess it's why I can't wait for ZP2 so I can try something other than Marvel b/c *on thread now* tables like Fear Itself just kick my butt.
    PSN: Loc_Dog_ (feel free 2 add, mention ZP2 or these forums if you will! )
    Wizarded on ZP2: Avengers, Infinity Gauntlet, Captain America, Plants vs Zombies, Ghost Rider, X-MEN, Epic Quest, Sorcerer's Lair, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Blade, Paranormal

Lightbulb

Note: gettin through that grind is much more manageable if you can get the hold multipliers award from the sinkhole. I had forgotten it had that till today. I haven't tried the grind yet, but I'm def gunna abuse that hole when I do.
    If life's really just a game, it was designed to be played co-op.

it is worth focusing on getting the elves weapon upgrade from the ramp combos?

Interest info guys.. basically near enough just need the max multiplier info and il be able to bang out the Guide.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

The rule sheets do say that maxing multipliers will give you an extra ball. I played only 1 game last night and got up to x24 by mostly focusing on the sink hole and angrir mission. The problem with the bumpers is that if exits to the right, it can drop sdtm so you have to be prepared to nudge.

I completed my Fear Itself Guide, but still don't know what the max multiplier is... btw the guide is just under 6,500 words

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Are the multipliers displayed anywhere on the table?

I completed my Fear Itself Guide, but still don't know what the max multiplier is... btw the guide is just under 6,500 words
    Why don't you just use google docs for making these guides? It would be more efficient and easier to share and edit the guides.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmisslotus View Post
    Are the multipliers displayed anywhere on the table?
    I don't think so. Neither does Ghost Rider, right? I'm not 100% sure, because Ghost Rider has a huge X limit too. Whenever you increase it, just look at the dmd lol.

I don't think so. Neither does Ghost Rider, right? I'm not 100% sure, because Ghost Rider has a huge X limit too. Whenever you increase it, just look at the dmd lol.
    I'm looking into it, hopefully I can get an answer in the next day or two. The team is 9 hours ahead, so they're gone for the day by now.

Any tips on the Naakrod mission? It's the only mission I have trouble beating consistently. The neutral ball can be annoying when both balls are in play. I known how you're supposed to finish it but many times I lose the neutral ball in the outlanes. IMO this is the most difficult of the worthy missions. The other multiball mission is fairly easy. I just make sure I don't shoot the ball when he screams and the magnet activates to make the ball move towards the center.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I'm looking into it, hopefully I can get an answer in the next day or two. The team is 9 hours ahead, so they're gone for the day by now.
    Thanks alot Barbs, wonder how much it will be hmmmm....

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Default High Score Methods

Seems like there are 2 ways to get a big score on this table.

1) Wizard mode
    2) Raft Bonus x Multiplier.

Or a bit of both of course.

But theoretically a maximum multiplier of x250 combined with a raft score of say 4 million means an EOB of 1 billion!

Easier said than done of course. Raising the multiplier seems to be the main problem - most Ive got to is about x 50.

That is all.

Yeh over on ZP2 I ended up beating my PFX2 Score in getting just under 700 Million, I did so by keeping the Wizard Reward Mode Multiball alive for ages. This Table is an absolutely gem and I hope everyone who l loves Pinball experiences it one way or another.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I first played breakout on the atari 2600. Unfortunately, I missed the gaming greatness of the commodore 64. I had the bastard gaming system of that generation, the Vectrex. Never heard of the ZX spectrum.
    I played VIC-20 games, and had to load them with a cassette deck peripheral. I still own an ATARI to this day and hook it up maybe once/year. I have a bunch of Classics like Pitfall, Pac-Man, Asteroids, Combat, Adventure, etc.
    Check out my youtube videos for basic pinball strategies: caperUnderscore26

Yeh over on ZP2 I ended up beating my PFX2 Score in getting just under 700 Million, I did so by keeping the Wizard Reward Mode Multiball alive for ages. This Table is an absolutely gem and I hope everyone who l loves Pinball experiences it one way or another.
    Yes I have to agree this is a great table. Got a similar score myself last night narrowly missing out on a second wizard mode.

My only minor complaints would be that the Skirth mission seems a bit spammable. As well as being one of the easiest missions its also the highest scoring.

Getting the multipliers up to x250 is a mighty task as well, especially as the only way to hold the multipliers is as a random award.

Overall though a pretty well balanced table with a couple of missions which are tough every time and some others that require a lot of care. Good bit of design that the stone ball cannot be magna-saved.

So overall very impressed with this one - as much as I would prefer less Marvel tables Zen do seem to make most effort with them. I would take this table over an original like Epic Quest any day.

Default End of Ball Bonus guide

Haven't done all that well at this table, so if I'm missing anything, let me know.

Multipliers are raised by highlighting the 3 rollovers above the bumpers, then you have 10+ seconds to hit either orbit. It apparently maxes at 250. An extra ball is earned at that point.

Bonus
    10,000 points per ball
    Default bonus awarded if you have no other bonuses

Worthy Bonus
    10,000 points per Worthy defeated per game
    I do not know if this resets upon completing the wizard mode

Adreneline Bonus
    10,000 points per loop around the board per ball
    I don't think the Nul Worthy mission counts.

Neutral Ball bonus
    The points awarded seem to be based off how long you have a Neutral ball in play, per ball.

Raft Bonus
    Points collected during Raft Madness mode, per ball

Summary - at 250x, the potential for some huge bonuses are there, though I have no idea how feasable that is (my best is a measly 7x). Aside from the extra ball, it looks only worthwhile if you have a large Neutral ball or Raft Madness bonus.
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

grinding multipliers is very possible.

a) angrir mode diverts balls into the bumpers. If this is running don't shoot ramps, just keep shooting the bumpers. when the ball trickles out let it bounce off the flipper, and you will be able to trap it on one flipepr or the other. shoot it back in.

b) super jets divert balls into the bumpers. You can get super jets by shooting the bumpers directly with upper flipper, or as a random award from a sinkhole. Once it turns on, again the ball will go to the bumpers.

c) a lucky drop from nul mode or normal play can get the ball in the bumpers. whenever that white arrow lights, shoot it. and eventually you will get super bumpers

Most people will probably have more fun fighting Worthies, though. while the orbits are an easy shot from a trapped ball, it's hard to get control of the ball after. and you need a LOT of orbit shots to get raft madness and those multipliers.

More random tips.

You CAN beat Nul mode with two well timed flips per loop.
    In Nul mode, if the ball dies in the loop, simply let it dead bounce then raise the left flipper, and the magnet will trap it for you.
    Any ball that slips between the flippers and misses the drain hole can be magnasaved or banged back.
    If you hit a worthy at a spot you already struck it at, you get no ball saver. so trap and wait til it moves where you want.
    It may be worth ignoring the skillshot and hitting a magnasave target, though made skillshots sometimes hit them too.
    That dark asgard standup is kinda dangerous.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12