Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Avengers Table Thread

Default Official Avengers Table Thread

So many special balls, so little time.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

I've now discovered that this table can be incredibly high scoring if you manage to keep a game going long enough and max out your mission/jackpot score. I actually have my highest score of the four on this one and I feel like I could improve it quite a bit. The missions are easy to activate and pretty easy to complete. I do think it's a table that requires accuracy, though. Making bad shots will certainly have you end up in the outlanes.

Exclamation

I like this table a lot. What is the red multi ball mode called? The Hulk's power shots are sweeeeet!

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    I like this table a lot. What is the red multi ball mode called? The Hulk's power shots are sweeeeet!
    Sounds like repair the engines? Where Loki shoots out the four blue ball lighting thingys to the four corners of the table is what I think that might be.

I do enjoy the table's unique balls but it does present some problems to play around. I wish there was a way to reject ball locks sometimes! Sometimes I miss the shot I wanted to make and lock the ball I wanted in play. Always putting People into the jet waiting to repair the engines instead of hitting Tony's loop. I still love the concept it introduced and hope it will be recycled into more tables. It is a real design win for Zen I say.

I also love the details they put on the outside of the table, to the sides. They keep getting better too.

I spent the most time this afternoon with Avengers and Fear Itself. They both are my favorites right now with FI beating Avengers for it's unique missions and difficulty.

There is so much going on for this table and I think this will be the deepest one. Especially considering how you choose which avenger to start with or when the balls are locked.

There must be something about this table that works as there is already someone on the PSN that has 1.5bil. Not sure how.

This is by far the easiest table out of the pack. I already got the three trophies on the PS3 version. Heck, I didn't even know that I started up the wizard mode the first time around. After reading the tables rules, I was able to enter the wizard mode the second time around with ease.

I really like the red lighting effects on the "repair the engines" multiball. I also like that the missions are linked to the individual character ball.

I just had a great game, got to the wizard mode, and barely broke 1 billion I wouldn't have, had I not got that extra ball during the wizard mode. Got 2/3 of the trophies, just need to start a few missions with the corresponding avengers ball? I don't know which ones I haven't...Like, what's Captain America's mode? or Hawkeye?

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Got 2/3 of the trophies, just need to start a few missions with the corresponding avengers ball? I don't know which ones I haven't...Like, what's Captain America's mode? or Hawkeye?
    There are roughly six missions and each one is associated to a character (or two).

Airborne Multiball: Select Hawkeye and hit the right ramp. The ramp icon will change to a bullseye. Hit the ramp again and lock the ball into the ship. Now select the Black Widow ball and do the same thing.

Thor vs Hulk: Select Thor and hit the left orbit multiple times until you spell out "THOR" with the spinner. Hit the Hawkeye orbit a few times and sink the ball into the "change character" hole. Now select Hulk and hit the right orbit multiple times until you spell out "HULK" with the bumpers.

The other four missions are part of a sequence. I can't remember the order of the sequence (and it really doesn't matter), but I do know the procedure to each one.

Gather Intel: Select the Black Widow ball and hit the center targets a few times. The center target will drop and you sink the ball into it.

Stop Loki: Select the Thor ball and hit the center targets a few times and lock the ball into the hole.

Restart Engines Multiball: Start with the CA ball, hit the center bullseye and lock the ball in one of the two holes. Now select Iron Man, hit the center bullseye and lock the ball into the other hole.

Doppelganger: Select the Hulk ball and hit moving green target. Light up the three sets of lights and lock the ball in the hole behind the target.

Alright thanks Shogun, I've obviously started all of them, but I guess some with the wrong ball(s)

Something funny I came across. I performed a "bang back" (or death save as we like to call it) with the Cap ball and I was like "Uh, where's the trophy?" so I ended up doing it again and then it pops...

Ok, so I assume you have to do ALL of them in one game. I almost did, but didn't obviously XD

*EDIT* Yup, all on the same game, just did it
    Last edited by snakeman07; 06-20-2012 at 06:41 AM.

Man, I wish I could afford it Just can't get it right now, which makes me angry, and you wouldn't like it when I'm angry!

Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    Man, I wish I could afford it Just can't get it right now, which makes me angry, and you wouldn't like it when I'm angry!
    Just pawn a few old games, or anything: girlfriend, mother, cat... They'll understand

Just waiting to put the kids to bed and then I'll download and spend the rest of the night playing. Got the next two days off work too, wonder what I'll do??

Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    Oh Oh..... time to get the Illuminati. I feel for you dude. I was lucky and won one of the codes for the PS3 pack. It's rare that I win anything. This is a first for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Oh Oh..... time to get the Illuminati. I feel for you dude. I was lucky and won one of the codes for the PS3 pack. It's rare that I win anything. This is a first for me.
    I got a code for Epic Quest, I'd feel a little bad if I got a code for this as well, I mean, I do support these guys. I'll just have to wait until I have some pennies in the bank so I can buy some more MSP.

Default looks great, but just not intuitive to me

This table looks great, though I'm not finding the table as intuitive as the others.
    I miss a lot of shots on this table when ball just binks off. Sometimes ball just has weird spin coming across gap on left and falls since I haven't learned to nudge it yet at this point.
    This one has been most repetitive table of the bunch and my surprise least favorite so far - doesn't seem the table is that clear and progressive in the first few games
    As smooth as the flow can be, it is harder for me on this table than on the other 3 to accomplish progressive things on this one without reading instructions

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Yeh im having trouble myself in doing a BangBuck with the Cap Ball, can anyone walk me through doing it?

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Yeh im having trouble myself in doing a BangBuck with the Cap Ball, can anyone walk me through doing it?
    You don't know how to do a bangback(death save)?

Just to add that a bang back and death save are technically 2 different things ( http://www.ipdb.org/playing/wizard.html ).
    A Death Save would have been more relevant for the achievement (saving Cap from his death), but it's not possible on Zen tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Croftanator View Post
    Just to add that a bang back and death save are technically 2 different things ( http://www.ipdb.org/playing/wizard.html ).
    A Death Save would have been more relevant for the achievement (saving Cap from his death), but it's not possible on Zen tables.
    From what I've seen, we tend to call it a death save around here, but yeah, your right, they are technically different, and we should be calling it a bangback, just like the trophy

i wonder if you can do bangbacks on the Fear Itself table, with that unique geometry it has?

I'm starting to love this table. Though that tendency it has to drain balls down the left outlane straight from the widow ramp is affecting my love somewhat. It's not like noone noticed in testing, so it's a pretty f*cking stupid design decision. I mean a failed ramp going SDTM is fair enough, but a successful ramp leading to a drain you can't do anything about?!!?!?!? Do I have to nudge (assuming that works at all here) everytime just to make sure?

Oh, and Shogun you have to charge Mjolnir in far left lane before having a crack at Loki. And quick tip, you can shoot the Fury mini orbit to charge the spinner the other way. Handy when you're on the left flipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolve or die View Post
    i wonder if you can do bangbacks on the Fear Itself table, with that unique geometry it has?
    It is surprisingly easy if the ball is going slowly, but if it's going fast I haven't come close to doing one successfully though!

You don't know how to do a bangback(death save)?
    Oh I know how to do a Death Save, just was confused as I didn't know what a Bangbuck was.

It would be awesome it someone films a short vid of themselves doing this, Just can't seem to get the timing down of when I nudge Up.
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 06-21-2012 at 01:18 PM.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I got five deathsaves (bang backs?) last night on Fear Itself... easiest table ever to get them on. I also got one on Infinity Gauntlet.

You guys are definetly 'getting' this table more than myself... I ended up last night with only 35M on this table. This is by far my weakest table, but I respect its uniqueness... still a great table.

I'm starting to love this table. Though that tendency it has to drain balls down the left outlane straight from the widow ramp is affecting my love somewhat. It's not like noone noticed in testing, so it's a pretty f*cking stupid design decision. I mean a failed ramp going SDTM is fair enough, but a successful ramp leading to a drain you can't do anything about?!!?!?!? Do I have to nudge (assuming that works at all here) everytime just to make sure?
    That is my exact opinion of the Blade table and a similar ramp.

It happens all the time to me, but i notice it seems to happen every other time I hit the ramp, but maybe thats just chance. There must be a way to stop it happening, but even if thats true like you said it seems unfair that a successful ramp leads so often to an unavoidable drain unless you are a god at death saves.

Once you understand what you are doing The Avengers table has absurd scoring possibilities. My 1.9 billion point game took less than an hour according to the statistics page.

The mission/jackpot value is raised as you complete missions and can be raised additionally by shooting the Black Widow ramp. It caps out at 5 million points. That doesn't sound like a lot but keep in mind you score 4 times as many points when you use the appropriate Super Hero ball to complete shots. So you can routinely hits shots on this table for 20 million points later in a game after reaching the jackpot max.

The middle section is where you start main missions. Initially the middle section is linked to whichever ball you select. If you choose Black Widow the middle section will be set to start her Interrogation mission. However, if you shoot Cap's ramp it will change the middle section to correspond with his Repair the Engines mission. So the middle section may very well change a lot depending on which shots you are making on the table. I think you also light up the middle section targets faster by using the corresponding hero to their mission.

To spell out ASSEMBLE you have to complete all 4 of the middle section missions plus start up the Quinjet multiball. That's as simple as just shooting Hawkeye's ramp until it diverts your ball up to the mini game where you lock 2 balls. Black Widow and Hawkeye are best used on Quinjet multiball since their ramps are the 2 jackpots you'll be collecting.

You will also need to do the Hulk vs Thor mission in order to spell out ASSEMBLE. That's done by shooting orbits. The spinner raises Thor's meter towards the mission and the bumpers raise Hulk's meter. You have to fill both heroes meters to start the mission.

It's always a good idea to use the correct hero for their mission due to the increased scoring and you also get increased time limits which makes it all the easier.

If you want to switch heroes at any time you can shoot the mini orbit until it says something about another Avenger being available. Then you have to shoot the sink hole to switch. I actually find it easier to just lock a ball into the Quinjet since Hawkeye's ramp is really easy to hit and the sinkhole is kinda tough to hit.

You don't actually need to complete any of the missions for the progress to count towards ASSEMBLE except I think Black Widow's Interrogation. But you get 3 letters for her mode which only takes 3 successful shots.

And yeah, I mentioned that Black Widow shot dropping your ball in the outlane in my earlier topic. It's incredibly annoying and I'm not sure of anyway to prevent it. It seems to happen around 10% of the time for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PSKay View Post
    And yeah, I mentioned that Black Widow shot dropping your ball in the outlane in my earlier topic. It's incredibly annoying and I'm not sure of anyway to prevent it. It seems to happen around 10% of the time for me.
    FWIW, I've never experience this when playing the PS3 version. It always goes through the gate each time.

I'm beginning to wonder if there's a glitch on the 360 version, that's causing this problem.

I did 25 bang backs before I got the achievement, so used to shooting the ball as soon as it lands on the flipper but the achievement required the ball to roll up further up than the flipper. I like the tables, especially this one but beeing as achievement driven as I am (while I understand the limit due to MS) I'm not having as fun as with the last marvel pack. Hoping that they atleast add some wizard mode achieves with next tables even when only 1 achieve per table.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    FWIW, I've never experience this when playing the PS3 version. It always goes through the gate each time.

I'm beginning to wonder if there's a glitch on the 360 version, that's causing this problem.
    Same here. I have experienced the Hawkeye ramp draining my ball down the middle (like Blade Citadel), but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PSKay View Post
    Once you understand what you are doing The Avengers table has absurd scoring possibilities. My 1.9 billion point game took less than an hour according to the statistics page.

The mission/jackpot value is raised as you complete missions and can be raised additionally by shooting the Black Widow ramp. It caps out at 5 million points. That doesn't sound like a lot but keep in mind you score 4 times as many points when you use the appropriate Super Hero ball to complete shots. So you can routinely hits shots on this table for 20 million points later in a game after reaching the jackpot max.
    Wait...... does that count during the modes themselves. Maybe I'm not understanding this. I know I try to do the repair mission with CA and IM. Shooting up the CA ramp with IM which nets at least 4m. I've seen 6m with the CA but not sure what I did to get it. Ramp bonus for using CA? I might be that I haven't reached Wizard mode yet (usually 1 shy) so the bonuses might click in then.

I just tested it. My Mission Bonus value was 1 million. That's what it starts at. I started the Repair Engines mission and when I hit the Captain America ramp with his ball it was 4 million points. With other balls it was 1 million points. That's obviously a 4x increase. I'm not 100% sure that the Mission Bonus value caps at 5 million but I am pretty sure. I definitely remember getting 20 million points during Thor Vs Loki for each time I threw Mjölnir at Loki. This was later in the game so my Mission Bonus value would have been maxed most likely.

Default "The Legend Continues" achievement

SttC helped me get the "bangback" achievement on Avengers a little bit ago. He told me what worked for him and it worked for me as well so I wanted to share it with anyone else who's having trouble:

Try setting your view to view 6. It zooms out the table so you can see everything including beneath the flippers. Whichever outlane it goes down, hold that flipper up and nudge the table upwards just as the ball gets to the top of the flipper (where the flipper connects to the table). It should nudge the ball back up onto the opposite flipper and pop your achievement.
    Wizard Modes Completed: Buccaneer (1-6-11) SotD (1-20-11) Agents (1-24-11) Biolab (3-31-11) MSM (10-8-11) SL (10-12-11)
    Paranormal (10-26-11) S-M (11-13-11) MK (12-15-11) X-Men (12-19-11) GR (1-15-12) CA (1-17-12) EQ (2-16-12) Rome (3-11-12)
    Pasha (3-12-12) NM (3-28-12) Extreme (5-16-12) Thor (5-22-12) SM (5-26-12) WWH (6-21-12) FF (6-22-12) Blade (6-23-12)
    IG (6-24-12) PvZ (1-7-13) ESB (2-27-13) CivilWar (6-22-13) BF (7-2-13)

OK, starting to get the hang of this table. Just cleared 100M and I'm not trying, just testing out things.

SKILLSHOT

For the right, I have it so the 4th coil is just showing and then let go. I don't think there is a natural shot for the middle, do what I just said for the right and just give it a lil nudge at its apex. Left hole is just a bit back from full, 3rd coil showing.

ORDER
    Here's my current order. Hawkeye to get the kickbacks going and increase mission bonus up widow's ramp (be careful!*). Then lock him into the Quinjet. Get Widow out and get more mission bonus from her ramp*. Start setting her mission up or go for the Quinjet.

* this ramp does make you paranoid. You can activate caps ramp a few times for a ball save and then do it a few times

If Quinjet breaks, Cap,Thor or Hulk lanes get you the setup to the IM ramp. With widow ball, complete her Interrogation mission. Max out her bonus from her ramp as much as your nerves can stomach (sooner or later, IT WILL DRAIN) and then change up. If you get near a Hulk/Thor completion, change into one of them. I go Hulk and then complete his mission afterwards.

tbc...

I'm still working out which missions score the most, and where the extra balls come from??????? and how do multipliers increase??? anyone??

i PM'd Solitude and asked for a truthful answer: glitch or by design??

i PM'd Solitude and asked for a truthful answer: glitch or by design??

I Don't think it's a glitch . It happens to me several times on the PS3. For some reason if you shoot for that ramp a bunch of times trying to increase you jackpots it drains and doesn't pass the gate. the same shot same strength.

Finally got to wizard mode for the trophy. It took me some time for some reason. I just miss it by 1 or 2 by the end of of ball 3.

Anyone know how many times you need to go up the Captain America Ramp in order to activate ball save? I have a better luck shooting a backhand shot from the right flipper.

I'm still working out which missions score the most, and where the extra balls come from??????? and how do multipliers increase??? anyone??
    If you use the Cap ball, you will notice that there is a count, when you do combo shots. It starts at 8 and counts down. If you manage to get to 0, you should be able to pick up an extra ball from the SHIELD reward hole.

I have the same approach as you regarding Hawkeye and the kickbacks, but I try to squeeze in Cap for the extra ball. You need the Hawkeye ramp for the combos, so if you're at the point where you can already lock balls in the Qunijet, getting the extra ball is tougher.

? and how do multipliers increase??? anyone??
    Multpliers are from the Iron Man ramp/loop. I'm not sure how many times you need to do it to get it but with Iron Man it clicks much more quickly.

For me I try using IM or CA at the start. Lighting up Ball save is much easier with CA and much of the Repair Ship mission requires you to hit the CA lane for the second shot.

Then I try to change heroes in that sink hole shot. Change to Hawk and do my best to look him up while shooting the BW lane for jackpot increase. Lock in the quinjet and get BW do her missions and in some cases shooting at the spinner/Thor loop and Hulk bumpers help get to Hulk/Thor mission much faster. Lock BW up and either use Thor or Hulk to finish the last missions.

It's amazing how much your score sky rockets after Assembling the team. I wen from 140 to 349 with just the wizard mode. After that jackpot scores rise real quick.

Just wanted to share that on my second play of the table, I got to #12 on the leaderboards.

Not boasting, cause I know it wont last long! Perhaps this is an easy scoring table like Ms Splosion Man? Or I was just lucky. Cause normally, I cant get a good score to save myself!

Really enjoying this table. Especially the way there is a different ball for each Super Hero. Awesome!

Was still trying to figure things out and before I knew it I was at the Wizard mode and my score just shot up to 800mil. Freaked out a little bit and botched the rest of the game so did not make a Billion. Also lost the ball twice inexplicably when shooting up the left black widow ramp... don't know what is going on there but there must be something wrong. Quite a fun table and it will be interesting to see what the top scores are eventually going to end up being. Like the table but yet again it doesn't have the complexity that Fear Iself has so must still rate that higher than this. So with out having really played Infinity Gauntlet (which seems to have a bit of a learning curve) I would rate Fear Itself 1, Avengers 2nd and Hulk 3rd out of the three I have played.

Strategy is key to this table it seems and if somebody can unlock the right sequence of doing things they will be able to put up a major score in a very short time. Jackpots and skillshot keep on building but I forgot to see if it is per ball or per game. The multipliers increased by shooting the top-flipper orbit a couple of times... got it up to 10x only one time. Also got some extra balls but not 100% sure what I did (except for the Captain America ramp one and the Wizard mode one... both explained in the rule sheet).
    Last edited by Cloda; 06-22-2012 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Added last paragraph
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Default .... or am I really this bad?

It tok me five games to get over 5M... yes 5M on this table. Don't know what my problem is... it takes me forever to start missions and then I don't complete them. I like the dark look of this table, and I'm not blaming table design... I just wanted to pipe up and mention that this table isn't as "easy to score on" as you folx are letting on. For perspective I got Fear Itself and Infinity Gauntlet in the top 50 (on day one) on the boards (still haven't had time to really get down on WWHulk), and I still suck donkeys on this table.
    Thanks to everyone who posts on here explaining how to get real scores, the old trial&error method I normally use isn't working for me on this table at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Nation View Post
    It took me five games to get over 5M... yes 5M on this table. Don't know what my problem is...
    Don't worry, you are not alone. I was embarrassed to put my initials into my local high score the first few games I "completed" on this table. I guess it really follows the "It takes a team" theme to extremes and rewards you for using the right ball/person for the right mission.

I got a quick question. Have either of you found that your achievements for the new tables are barely registering? Let me explain. I got both the WWH and Infinity Gauntlet cheevos fairly early before anyone on my friends list. This is was Wednesday morning. Now yesterday night I got the "bang back" cheevo for The Avengers and that one is the only one that shows. All I have left is the Fear Itself one, but the others aren't showing. I just wanted to know if I was the only one experiencing this.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Nation View Post
    It tok me five games to get over 5M... yes 5M on this table. Don't know what my problem is... it takes me forever to start missions and then I don't complete them. I like the dark look of this table, and I'm not blaming table design... I just wanted to pipe up and mention that this table isn't as "easy to score on" as you folx are letting on. For perspective I got Fear Itself and Infinity Gauntlet in the top 50 (on day one) on the boards (still haven't had time to really get down on WWHulk), and I still suck donkeys on this table.
    Thanks to everyone who posts on here explaining how to get real scores, the old trial&error method I normally use isn't working for me on this table at all.
    Yeah still a lot on this table I don't seem to be getting. Hulk ball seems to net the most points for me as bumpers and slingshots score is greatly increased also seems to be the easiest to start his own mode with (tracking down the duplicates) each duplicate hit nets about 4.5 mil.

Still lost as to what the ramps do apart from swapping the game mode under Loki. (Tho hitting Cap ramp with Cap bqll seems to start ball saver. Also started Hulk vs Loki and didn't seem to get anywhere despite hitting the flashing ramps.

Multiplied seems to be connected to the short orbit just left of the bumpers. I've managed to swing the ball around it about three times in a row (points value increases every time) I think that every orbit past the first adds 1 to the multiplied.

@Rafie. All my achievements have registered on my game first time. Even the Avengers Cap DeathSave/ Bang Back popped first time too and I know others have had trouble with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsesmith View Post
    @Rafie. All my achievements have registered on my game first time. Even the Avengers Cap DeathSave/ Bang Back popped first time too and I know others have had trouble with it...
    Thank you! I'm just glad I'm not the only one experiencing this!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

If you guys have any specific questions about the table I'd be glad to try and answer them. I started out scoring very low myself. I had a head start on everyone else, though. I looked at my stats page and roughly half of my games ranged from 1-40 million points. So I certainly didn't just start up the table and find everything to be easy. The way the scoring works you can literally make the same shot during a mission and have it vary from 1 million to 20 million points. It depends on which ball you are using and how high your mission bonus value is at the time. It's a confusing table to start with. Once you get the hang of it, I'm sure your scores will improve. Good luck!

Oh I know how to do a Death Save, just was confused as I didn't know what a Bangbuck was.

It would be awesome it someone films a short vid of themselves doing this, Just can't seem to get the timing down of when I nudge Up.

Sorry for the quality, recorded today at my summerhouse with a lousy camera, made 2 extra accounts just for you my love.

I'm playing the PS3 version and it happens about a third of the time for me. This design decision (or glitch, whatever it is) alone makes me hate this table. It's just ridiculous that you have to actively avoid the Black Widow ramp the whole time you're playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    I got a quick question. Have either of you found that your achievements for the new tables are barely registering?
    Well the bang back one is a special case. Someone confirmed that you must get the ball up to the slingshots for the game register it as a bang back. Just getting it up the flipper doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by forweg View Post
    I'm playing the PS3 version and it happens about a third of the time for me. This design decision (or glitch, whatever it is) alone makes me hate this table. It's just ridiculous that you have to actively avoid the Black Widow ramp the whole time you're playing.
    I must be lucky then, because I hit that ramp over a 100 times and every time it went through the gate. The only time it didn't (just once) was when I nudged the table, when ti was half way through the gate.

Well the bang back one is a special case. Someone confirmed that you must get the ball up to the slingshots for the game register it as a bang back. Just getting it up the flipper doesn't count.
    Believe it or not, I didn't have trouble with that one at all. As a matter of fact, the bang back achievement is the only achievement that is showing for me on the new tables. The rest appear on my xbox when I go to the achievements, but the numbers don't add up and it won't show up anywhere else like mobile devices or even my computer. Oh yeah and I just got the Blitzkrieg cheevo too. I hate that stupid robot! It took me 7 tries. LOL It kept shooting the last million for me.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    I got a quick question. Have either of you found that your achievements for the new tables are barely registering? Let me explain. I got both the WWH and Infinity Gauntlet cheevos fairly early before anyone on my friends list. This is was Wednesday morning. Now yesterday night I got the "bang back" cheevo for The Avengers and that one is the only one that shows. All I have left is the Fear Itself one, but the others aren't showing. I just wanted to know if I was the only one experiencing this.
    I think it has something to do with the fact that the leaderboard was not active for the first day or so. The two achievements that I scored during that time (Hulk and Fear Itself) is showing in the game but did not register officially on Xbox live so at the moment it is showing that I have two less achievements than what I have actually achieved. I think you have to reload your profile (as was explained in one of the other threads) and then reachieve those achievements for them to register.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Sometimes the loki mischief targets (targets below the area where loki stands) can change, i think when you hit certain lanes. But at least with the hulk ball you can switch the loki mischief targets for his mission (duplicates, the moving green target) by hitting the hulk lane (the one on the farthest right). This is helpful if you haven't completed the duplicates mission and the mischief target is not the moving green one. All you do is hit the hulk ball up the hulk lane and the target will change. This allows you to use the correct hulk ball for his duplicates mission, thereby maximizing points for this mission.

I have not confirmed if this works with other loki mischeif targets. For example, i am not sure if you are trying to do the "repair the engines" mission, if the wrong targets are up will the correct ones pop up if you hit the ca ball up the ca ramp or the im ball up the im ramp.

****, i just realized this does work for all the balls. I am scanning the rule sheets as i type this. If you go to the rule sheet titled "character lanes" AND SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN, it says that shooting a character's lane will rotate loki mischief targets to the corresponding character's game mode. So use this to your advantage to maximize points.
    Last edited by Solitude; 06-24-2012 at 05:09 AM. Reason: we don't allow that kind of **** on this ******* board

I'm pretty convinced now that there is something seriously wrong with the Black widow ramp. I just had a great game and was one shot away from starting the Wizard mode again and adding at least another 300+ million to my score and the ball went down the left outlane for no particular reason... I really can't see what I am doing differently for it to go down the right lane.

Played through the wizard mode 2 times (and almost a 3d) and by the end of the game all the missions (with the right hero) was paying out handsomely. I'm quite sure that this table is going to end up with one humongously big score as the top score

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    I'm pretty convinced now that there is something seriously wrong with the Black widow ramp. I just had a great game and was one shot away from starting the Wizard mode again and adding at least another 300+ million to my score and the ball went down the left outlane for no particular reason... I really can't see what I am doing differently for it to go down the right lane.

Played through the wizard mode 2 times (and almost a 3d) and by the end of the game all the missions (with the right hero) was paying out handsomely. I'm quite sure that this table is going to end up with one humongously big score as the top score
    Agreed, i am on the ps3 and have lost a few balls because of the ball catching on the gate instead of going cleanly through it.

How many times can you collect the ca 8 (9?)-hit combo extra ball? I was able to collect it once per game. Any idea about how else to get an extra ball?

Long time lurker, long time lover of this game.
    Absolutely LOVING all the new tables. The wait was worth it.

Just had an awesome round on this table, and this is the FIRST time I broke the top 100 on the leader boards on any table in the game. I know this won't stand a chance in the long run, but I'm pretty damn hyped right now. Hell, I haven't even broke 1 billion on any table. Most of you guys here make me damn jealous with the scores you all put up.

BTW, that left outlane is my absolute nemesis on this board. God... so many drains down that side. Too annoying.

anyways.... I snapped a pic at the end of the round, was terribly annoyed since I only got 1 extra ball this round (missed my shot at the EB w/ captian america 2 or 3 times during the round) so this was only a 4 ball round for me. Hit the Wizard mode, but building up the jackpot throughout the round was just insane with the points at x11.

Keep up the excellent work Zen.

Attached Images Attached Images

If anyone figures out how to stop the Black Widow ramp from randomally draining your ball, please let us know . Designers, this would be a great place for you to chime in, since everyone seems to find this very baffling.

If anyone figures out how to stop the Black Widow ramp from randomally draining your ball, please let us know . Designers, this would be a great place for you to chime in, since everyone seems to find this very baffling.
    Yea no kidding. I've noticed this problem too. Seems totally random. Hence why I called that left outlane my 'nemesis' because it seems totally random if the ball is going to kick to the left flipper, or flat out drain. *edit* with that said... at least making a 'death save' is EXTREMELY easy on this table.

This is bar none, the easiest table out of any table in the game to constantly make that sort of save. Done it numerous times in a row.

I pretty much figured out to just avoid the BW lane, unless you have a ball save, multi ball, or the actual BW ball. Very easy to activate ball save on this one too.

Just got nearly 1.5 billion on this table.Wizard Mode is awesome!!

This table is fun . . . I like it a lot. *thumbs up*

Sure are a lot of rules though! It's hard for me to remember how it all works!

Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    That is my exact opinion of the Blade table and a similar ramp.
    Really have to agree with these two. Black Widow ramp is driving me crazy, Blade is one of the tables I'm worst at and really hate that "kickback" ramp because not only can I not hit it with a aimed shot at all hardly (and there are missions that need it) but if I do hit it with any decent speed it goes SDTM randomly, especially during multi-balls...no reaction time on that.

And IMO there is no real help trying to nudge the Black Widow, I tried this for a while and nudging seemed to make the problem worse like it forced it to drain even more often. But maybe it's just me. Still I broke a billion on this table (barely). Only have a handfull of those and Avengers hardly took me any time at all. WWH seems a bit easier overall but still haven't beat wizard mish even with 2 (almost 3) attempts in one game (got like 950mill, was so Hulk sad/angry/happy...hurts when your so close to that billion).
    PSN: Loc_Dog_ (feel free 2 add, mention ZP2 or these forums if you will! )
    Wizarded on ZP2: Avengers, Infinity Gauntlet, Captain America, Plants vs Zombies, Ghost Rider, X-MEN, Epic Quest, Sorcerer's Lair, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Blade, Paranormal

As far as ball picking strategy, someone else posted something that is almost exactly like what I've been doing for this table.

Start Hawkeye, hitting his and Black Widow's ramps to get kickback(s) started while opening up the first lock for the Quinjet MB. Then Black Widow, usually trying to knock out her mission but might start the Quinjet by accident. Usually then Captain while trying to get his ExtraBall or Hulk just because he too much fun with his Hulk Smash power shaking the table and grabbing at thin at during his mission or 'rastlin with Thor after the spinner/bumper mission start.

Sometimes though the Hulk bumpers can be super annoying especially when a timer is ticking down (like the part where Iron Man is supposed to repair the Quinjet) and the ball just stays in the bumpers forever and a half. Especially when it's just 1,000 points and bouncing low so no Skillshot upping...

Anyone got the Skillshot pegged yet? I'm still pretty horrible at it, I just hold the plunger all the way, let it relax a tick, and hope it drops on the blinky.
    Wizarded on ZP2: Avengers, Infinity Gauntlet, Captain America, Plants vs Zombies, Ghost Rider, X-MEN, Epic Quest, Sorcerer's Lair, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Blade, Paranormal

Anyone else playing on view 6 and sick to death of Thor jumping between the flippers and blocking your view? Or the Quinnjet doing the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Loc_Dog_ View Post
    As far as ball picking strategy, someone else posted something that is almost exactly like what I've been doing for this table.

Start Hawkeye, hitting his and Black Widow's ramps to get kickback(s) started while opening up the first lock for the Quinjet MB. Then Black Widow, usually trying to knock out her mission but might start the Quinjet by accident. Usually then Captain while trying to get his ExtraBall or Hulk just because he too much fun with his Hulk Smash power shaking the table and grabbing at thin at during his mission or 'rastlin with Thor after the spinner/bumper mission start.

Anyone got the Skillshot pegged yet? I'm still pretty horrible at it, I just hold the plunger all the way, let it relax a tick, and hope it drops on the blinky.
    Skill shot for me, is that if it's the middle lane, leave about 4 springs visible before you shoot to hit the middle. Adjust lighter shot for right lane, pull back a bit more for the left lane.

For the start of the game, I go with captian america and try to get an extra ball right away with the 8 way combo. If i screw up this combo along the way and i hit the target under loki and lock a ball, I switch to iron man so you can do the repair the hellicarrier mission. At first i thought this was difficult, now I'm having no problems clearing it.

After that i'll do hawkeye open up the jet, then use black widdow... do her easy mission, then lock the ball if I already didn't accidentally do it and start the jet multiball.

after that, just leaves thor's mission, hulk/duplicates.

Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    Anyone else playing on view 6 and sick to death of Thor jumping between the flippers and blocking your view? Or the Quinnjet doing the same?
    Yep. Iron Man will get in the way some times too.

Does anyone know of all the ways you can get an extra ball on this table?

Does anyone know of all the ways you can get an extra ball on this table?
    Haven't looked at the rule sheet lately but I keep getting one randomly during Wizard mode, usually when the ball is trapped up in the bumpers? Both my billion games this has happened, got one for CA ball combo and one during Wizard mode. No idea what triggered it, just heard ole Nick Fury announce it. Was pretty cool though something I didn't notice the first time. When you pass a billion there is a big message that rolls across the scorebox "WELCOME TO THE BILLIONAIRES CLUB!"...guess it's Tony Stark who welcomes ya

Does the Quinjet 2 ball mission have a conclusion or does it just keep going until you lose a ball?

And Solitude replied to my PM about the Widow ramp skullduggery and said that it's definitely not supposed to be like that (random drains) and that they're looking into it. He shares our pain, coz it happens to him too.

I still wished it was picked up in testing, as it (almost) ruins a beautiful table.

That Iron Man ramp under pressure (repair quinjet or Hulk/Widow missions) can be a real bitch, I love it. I try to go up the Cap ramp coz it then drops it down onto the cross flipper at a slower speed than the outside orbit lanes. But then I try to hit it across and I'm just in the Loki mishief targets... grr. Gotta get that timing down better.

Does the Quinjet 2 ball mission have a conclusion or does it just keep going until you lose a ball?
    It keeps on going and going and going, until you lose a ball.

And Solitude replied to my PM about the Widow ramp skullduggery and said that it's definitely not supposed to be like that (random drains) and that they're looking into it. He shares our pain, coz it happens to him too.
    The easiest fix would be to do the same thing that they did with the Saber Tooth spinner on the Wolverine table. Just turn on the ball save for a couple of seconds after it hits the gate or rollover.
    Last edited by shogun00; 06-27-2012 at 01:07 AM.

I still wished it was picked up in testing, as it (almost) ruins a beautiful table.

That Iron Man ramp under pressure (repair quinjet or Hulk/Widow missions) can be a real bitch, I love it. I try to go up the Cap ramp coz it then drops it down onto the cross flipper at a slower speed than the outside orbit lanes. But then I try to hit it across and I'm just in the Loki mishief targets... grr. Gotta get that timing down better.
    I think you kinda answered your own question, I think the only "end" to the Quinjet is the repair part w/ the Iron Man ramp. There was a point where I was even trying to hit the Avenger HQ right when this happens b/c it spits out Iron Man ball for a 4x boost on that ramp but it is tricky like you said...so now I just try to hit it w/ whatever ball I got.

It makes me smile when I get that ramp like 4-5+ times in a row b/c of that, really helps w/ getting that Captain America extra-ball if you can get good/lucky on that ramp.

The easiest fix would be to do the same thing that they did with the Saber Tooth spinner on the Wolverine
    table. Just turn on the ball save for a couple of seconds after it hits the gate or rollover.
    BOOM! Let's get this done!

I always wondered if that had been a "fix" or someone had just had good foresight b/c it would be really frustrating to get continuously punished for a made shot. Like someone on here said somewhere, it's somewhat understandable with a "missed" ramp shot like say the Hawkeye ramp (if you go only halfway and don't time the rebound right it drains really quickly)...

Angry

I'm fed up with The Avengers table and I ain't playing it anymore.

* The skillshot accuracy is beyond what is possible with my naked eyes and a large 1080p HDTV can see. Fear Itself, Thor, WWH and Ghost Rider do this too. This is a worrying trend that needs to die.
    * You start missions by hitting a wall of targets that knock your ball near the center drain over and over. Whoever thought of this needs to be punished by having to play El Dorado without pressing Restart over and over so they re-learn their lesson about why you don't do that.
    * Thor's fat ass occasionally jumps to the right side of the table, blocking the player's view of the entire right lanes, getting me killed over and over.
    * Occasionally, the left gate between the inner and outer left lanes decides to stop working and dump the ball in the drain, punishing the player for successfully hitting a ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantido View Post
    Personally, I am filing The Avengers, along with Agents, under tables I won't be playing until it the issues get fixed. There should to be an option to disable the character animations on this (and all) tables. It is Unfortunate that, currently, the frustration outweighs the fun on this table. I would be more upset if this was not part of a "pack" but I can always fall back on the other three tables for now. I have to throw out another vote in favor of "proper" beta testing of the tables; a couple of veteran/true PBFX2 pinball players could have put a list of issues together in a very short time...as everyone one here has proven since release.

* The skillshot accuracy is beyond what is possible with my naked eyes and a large 1080p HDTV can see. Fear Itself, Thor, WWH and Ghost Rider do this too. This is a worrying trend that needs to die.
    * You start missions by hitting a wall of targets that knock your ball near the center drain over and over. Whoever thought of this needs to be punished by having to play El Dorado without pressing Restart over and over so they re-learn their lesson about why you don't do that.
    * Thor's fat ass occasionally jumps to the right side of the table, blocking the player's view of the entire right lanes, getting me killed over and over.
    * Occasionally, the left gate between the inner and outer left lanes decides to stop working and dump the ball in the drain, punishing the player for successfully hitting a ramp.
    Welcome!...

No clue what your talking about with the skillshot...You do know you can click R1 (on the PS3, maybe RT on Xbox?) to see where you need to shoot, right? Not on WWH,Thor, or Fear Itself because you can clearly see it, but on Ghost Rider and other tables. Maybe drag your chair closer to the TV?

This table is very confusing to me, I cant keep a track of whats going on or what Im actually doing properly. Its a very very nice design and theme though. I really like the lighted lines on the board indicating ramp shots thats a fantastic touch. But those outlanes are murder, the left one is particularly nasty as it seems to drop in there a helluva lot.

Unhappy During Multi ball balls get stuck when they drain

Yesterday it happend several times during multiball when one ball drains it did not come back to the table anymore and it got stuck. When my last ball drains the game continued and I could not do anything. Not even tilting it. very frustrating when you are in the middle of a big score!!! Did more of you experience the same???

Unhappy

Welcome!...

No clue what your talking about with the skillshot...You do know you can click R1 (on the PS3, maybe RT on Xbox?) to see where you need to shoot, right? Not on WWH,Thor, or Fear Itself because you can clearly see it, but on Ghost Rider and other tables. Maybe drag your chair closer to the TV?
    I meant knowing how hard you are launching, not what you need to hit. In the old tables, you knew exactly where your plunger should be, whether by lights next to the plunger or some cosmetic artwork that let you gauge where the plunger is. In the Mars table, if you had to hit this target, you knew that plunger light needed to be lit.

(By the way on 360 the default with the right analog stick for launching the ball, and I find this innaccurate so I recommend 360 players change it to RT. This gives you the same amount of precision the Ps3 players have.)

But that is turning out to not matter anymore. It started off with Thor and Ghost Rider having these ridiculous things like gauging your launch strength by trying to figure out "how bright should this Nord Rune next to the plunger be?" Or by looking at those ridiculous chain links on Ghost Rider.

Well now, take World War Hulk for example. To land anywhere near the skillshot, you need to lightly set the launcher where the third light is turned on. The fourth light sends the ball FLYING, and merely lighting the third light might not be enough power to even hit any of the three targets. So now it's a guessing game that players need to hit somewhere between the third and fourth light. Avengers does this too, and I can't stand it.

But that's the least of Avengers problems. The left ramp randomly sending the ball into the left drain (because that little gate stops working), the mission targets with no Ball Save and Thor blocking my vision are the worst offenders. Two are cosmetic problems. One is a bug.
    Last edited by Cantido; 06-27-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Fell just shy of my High Score and almost started a third wizard...but I did confirm you can light an extra ball with the S.H.I.E.L.D. award you hit just to the left of the Iron Man ramp. It seems to be more random than points based when using the Iron Man ball but that could just be my imagination.

Well now, take World War Hulk for example. To land anywhere near the skillshot, you need to lightly set the launcher where the third light is turned on. The fourth light sends the ball FLYING, and merely lighting the third light might not be enough power to even hit any of the three targets. So now it's a guessing game that players need to hit somewhere between the third and fourth light. Avengers does this too, and I can't stand it.

But that's the least of Avengers problems. The left ramp randomly sending the ball into the left drain (because that little gate stops working), the mission targets with no Ball Save and Thor blocking my vision are the worst offenders. Two are cosmetic problems. One is a bug.
    On WW Hulk I'm semi-reliably hitting it now by using the end of the crane and marks on the ship as reference. I have trouble seeing the spring coils on Avenger well enough to get that one dialed in; I don't know if there's a better reference for that one.

I'm mostly fine with that compared to the other issues you mention, I've played real tables where I have even more trouble getting the skill shots.

I thought I was going nuts with the black widow ramp drainage, at first I assumed I must be not understanding some weird table rule. It's way more frustrating than re-entry on Black Hole, where at least there's clear indication if the gate is open. And add me to the chorus who does not find animations blocking the view to be a "fun challenge".

Default Glitched Achievement?

I have done the bang back with the captain America ball twice and still no achievement it starting to get annoying another buggy table that'll never get fixed by the looks which idiot designed the black widow lane which could have been easily sorted does anyone test these table

Quote Originally Posted by KnackerBag View Post
    I have done the bang back with the captain America ball twice and still no achievement it starting to get annoying
    The ball must roll near to the sling shot(s) for the table to count it. It's just the way the table senses the bang back.

another buggy table that'll never get fixed by the looks which idiot designed the black widow lane which could have been easily sorted does anyone test these table
    Yes, they test their tables before releasing them. They just didn't ran into the glitch, when they were testing it.

In fact, I didn't run into the glitch at all during my first two play sessions. It wasn't until my third play session, that I started to experience that glitch.

I meant knowing how hard you are launching, not what you need to hit. In the old tables, you knew exactly where your plunger should be, whether by lights next to the plunger or some cosmetic artwork that let you gauge where the plunger is. In the Mars table, if you had to hit this target, you knew that plunger light needed to be lit.

But that is turning out to not matter anymore. It started off with Thor and Ghost Rider having these ridiculous things like gauging your launch strength by trying to figure out "how bright should this Nord Rune next to the plunger be?" Or by looking at those ridiculous chain links on Ghost Rider.

I can appre iate where you are coming from, but at the risk of sounding like I'm not taking you seriously, they are called skillshots and by their very definition require a bit of skill on some tables to achieve. Personally I like the variety that Zen offers in their skillshots. If they were all as simple as light 3 or 4 lamps and release they'd get pretty tedious....

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsesmith View Post
    I can appre iate where you are coming from, but at the risk of sounding like I'm not taking you seriously, they are called skillshots and by their very definition require a bit of skill on some tables to achieve. Personally I like the variety that Zen offers in their skillshots. If they were all as simple as light 3 or 4 lamps and release they'd get pretty tedious....
    +1...On a side note, they also don't give you THAT many points, I mean, you can make 500k in a few seconds probably, depending on the table lol.

So what does this pinball community here feel about "farming" or whatever the pinball equivalent is for doing one thing over and over repetitively because the rewards are ridiculous for the effort. I know I've seen the Spider-Man thing in videos but it seems tough to take advantage of because the Jameson mission (at least for me) is tough to get the shot down to do it 50-100 times in one game.

Maybe I'm seeing too much or reading into it but the Hulk vs. Thor mode seems to fall under the category I'm talking about. Once you get a decent game going and max out mission bonus each shot is worth 5mx4 for the "correct" ball. In this situation the "correct" ball is Hulk. The Captain America ramp can be hit easily with a backhanded right flipper shot and this is score for the Hulk. You can rinse and repeat for 20 million a pop and every 5th score restarts the ball save. My High Score went from 1.3b to 1.8b and I didn't' feel like I really had that much better of a game than my previous best especially because my last two balls drained in like 2 seconds(though I did manage 2 Extra Balls but I've never gotten more than that).

I know that if I can take a slight advantage of this a really skilled player could rake up some major scores. Just wanted to know what people thought!

So what does this pinball community here feel about "farming" or whatever the pinball equivalent is for doing one thing over and over repetitively because the rewards are ridiculous for the effort. I know I've seen the Spider-Man thing in videos but it seems tough to take advantage of because the Jameson mission (at least for me) is tough to get the shot down to do it 50-100 times in one game.

Maybe I'm seeing too much or reading into it but the Hulk vs. Thor mode seems to fall under the category I'm talking about. Once you get a decent game going and max out mission bonus each shot is worth 5mx4 for the "correct" ball. In this situation the "correct" ball is Hulk. The Captain America ramp can be hit easily with a backhanded right flipper shot and this is score for the Hulk. You can rinse and repeat for 20 million a pop and every 5th score restarts the ball save. My High Score went from 1.3b to 1.8b and I didn't' feel like I really had that much better of a game than my previous best especially because my last two balls drained in like 2 seconds(though I did manage 2 Extra Balls but I've never gotten more than that).

I know that if I can take a slight advantage of this a really skilled player could rake up some major scores. Just wanted to know what people thought!
    Farming (or spamming) is not my favorite thing at all... I really prefer tables that force you to play through to Wizard mode to get the highest scores and that have well balanced modes scoring wise. There are a few tables that do it well (e.g. X-men, Fantastic 4, Pasha, Blade) a few that just miss the bar on this (e.g. Sorcerer's Lair, Captain America) and then a few that is spoilt (with regards to playing through to Wizard mode) just because of a few unbalanced modes (SotD, Paranormal). I haven't played it enough, but I think that The Avengers will still reward you much more for getting through to Wizard mode... well, at least you will get a bigger score faster than spamming. I think in the one good game I had, I played through Wizard mode twice and were a few shots short off from doing it a third time but got double crossed by the Black Widow on the left outlane. My game lasted well short of an hour and my score is 1.5Bil+. The further you get in the table, the bigger is you mission bonussus (and obviously playing with the right ball) - I'm sure it has been discussed, but at what value does the mission scores top out on?

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Farming (or spamming) is not my favorite thing at all... I really prefer tables that force you to play through to Wizard mode to get the highest scores and that have well balanced modes scoring wise. There are a few tables that do it well (e.g. X-men, Fantastic 4, Pasha, Blade) a few that just miss the bar on this (e.g. Sorcerer's Lair, Captain America) and then a few that is spoilt (with regards to playing through to Wizard mode) just because of a few unbalanced modes (SotD, Paranormal). I haven't played it enough, but I think that The Avengers will still reward you much more for getting through to Wizard mode... well, at least you will get a bigger score faster than spamming. I think in the one good game I had, I played through Wizard mode twice and were a few shots short off from doing it a third time but got double crossed by the Black Widow on the left outlane. My game lasted well short of an hour and my score is 1.5Bil+. The further you get in the table, the bigger is you mission bonussus (and obviously playing with the right ball) - I'm sure it has been discussed, but at what value does the mission scores top out on?
    This is Something I noticed about the avengers table. The best scoring is indeed the wizard mode. Sure you can get good scores from actually completing the missions, but I think it's best to try and get the the wizard mode ASAP as it is, From what I've seen the Jackpots bonuses stack. Even though the random ball drains off of the Black widow can be annoying it is nearly vital that you try to shoot for them. Especially with BW as she gets bonuses from shooting her lane.

Like you said I too love table that are well balanced. I find the X-men does this so well and the same with Fantastic four. I think Fear itself is another one where you want to shoot for the wizard mode. Then again I noticed some of my better game scores are from the multiballs rather than repeating the worthy missions over and over. Still thought working toward the wizard mode is pretty rewarding considering the mission themselves are challenging. Not impossible just darn fun.

Favorite Marvel tables IMO.

Fear Itself
    X-men
    Avengers
    Fantastic Four
    Thor
    Iron Man
    Moon Knight
    Captain America
    Infinity Gauntlet
    Wold War Hulk
    Blade
    Spider Man
    Wolverine
    Ghost Rider

So what does this pinball community here feel about "farming" or whatever the pinball equivalent is for doing one thing over and over repetitively because the rewards are ridiculous for the effort.
    Most of us around here call it "grinding". I personally don't have an issue with it and that's because not all tables do it.

Had a great game today on this table. Scored 2.1b. This table is all about the increasing Jackpots and using the right ball to shoot at their respective ramps.

I'm not sure what the max value for each ramp is all I know at 1 point on the repair mission using Cap and Iron man Hitting the CA Ramp with the CA ball scored 20M.

Same with the Wizard/AKA Frenzy (IMO) I just make sure I hit the CA ramp as often as I can to get the ball save active.

Some interesting things I look to do.

I try to get to Wizard mode ASAP as you can score serious points in the wizard/Frenzy. Jackpots will rise pretty fast if you are aiming for the BW ramp during that mode especially with the BW ball.

- I try to make sure I don't lock CA ball (or any ball for that matter) before the wizard mode in The Quijet. As once Wizard Frenzy is active CA should be one of the balls available in the 4 ball Multiball. AIM what you can at the CA ramp to light Ball save when it's not available. It's available in the beginning of the mode but does go out. Once that is activated again. You can shoot at other ramps with other balls available for super jackpots. Hawkeye is good to have as well as he can light both letters in the out/in lanes for kick back. Since you are aiming for the CA ramp most likely you will shoot up the HE ramp and score jackpots that way.

-In the wizard mode if you are down to 2 balls try to light up the sink hole where you can change your avengers. Hit the sink hole will add another random ball.

-Even though I try not to lock a ball in the Quinjet it can be useful to do so. Since once the Wizard/Frenzy mode ends you can lock the second ball fairly quickly to get that mission taken care pretty quickly.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 07-03-2012 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Had a great game today on this table. Scored 2.1b. This table is all about the increasing Jackpots and using the right ball to shoot at their respective ramps.

I try to get to Wizard mode ASAP as you can score serious points in the wizard/Frenzy. Jackpots will rise pretty fast if you are aiming for the BW ramp during that mode especially with the BW ball.

- I try to make sure I don't lock CA ball (or any ball for that matter) before the wizard mode in The Quijet.
    Snipped a bunch of this...

personally for me, wish I had a 2 billion score lol! Guess I gotta settle for 699.....

yea getting towards the wizard mode ASAP is the go to way to get points on this table. Especially since it's one of those tables where you don't have to complete the modes to get to.

Also exactly dead on about the captian america ball. That's my most played ball in this mode. Because a 9 ramp combo gets you the extra ball. I'll purposely drain the CA ball if it goes to the quinn jet (or iron man ball if I haven't started the repair mode multiball), if it's shot up that ramp and I don't have the extra ball yet.

The table offers a wide amount of strategy on how to complete everything. Just sucks ass about the BW ramp. With that said.... that captian america ball is bar none the most important ball in the entire table just for the combo/extra ball potential.
    Last edited by DarkKodiaK; 07-04-2012 at 01:59 AM. Reason: forgot a point </beer>

Guess this isn't the thread to ask... but that is like the second time I've heard about Captain America being farmable... my best score was around 450m and I did it by going through Wizard Mode twice (was the first time I had beat the Wizard). Do people just do one mission over and over and fail it at the the end? I've always just cycled through each one in a pretty consistent order... but I haven't played in a while since my High Score game.

Guess this isn't the thread to ask... but that is like the second time I've heard about Captain America being farmable... my best score was around 450m and I did it by going through Wizard Mode twice (was the first time I had beat the Wizard). Do people just do one mission over and over and fail it at the the end? I've always just cycled through each one in a pretty consistent order... but I haven't played in a while since my High Score game.
    Somebody explained a few posts back how to farm one of the modes, but as long as you can keep the multi-ball active with the wizard mode (also explained nicely in one of the recent posts), you can score really big. I scored close to 600 - 700mil with my one wizard mode multi-ball. Play some Mars if you want to get better at multiball

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

I thought somone else or I had confirmed a limit of 5million (20million for super) awards for missions and jackpots unless this is dependent on number of Wizard Modes cycled....which wouldn't make sense. I have always gotten through two almost three before Game Over but max is always at 5m/20m. Widow ramp and further mission finishes confirm on DMD?

*sorry posting on DroidR2D2, response is slow and awkward

Cool Billion Club on Avengers!!!

Just finished a game at just over 1 Billion 700 Million, should off had 2 Billion as I was 1 Black Widow Mission away from the Wizard Reward Mode (2nd time)... im kicking myself.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Just finished a game at just over 1 Billion 700 Million, should off had 2 Billion as I was 1 Black Widow Mission away from the Wizard Reward Mode (2nd time)... im kicking myself.
    Did you notice the cool message from Stark "WELCOME TO THE BILLIONAIRES CLUB!!!" when you passed the mark? Nice score for one wizard dude; my three best games I've done it twice and almost started a third but only had ~1B, ~1.3B, ~1.8B

Did you notice the cool message from Stark "WELCOME TO THE BILLIONAIRES CLUB!!!" when you passed the mark? Nice score for one wizard dude; my three best games I've done it twice and almost started a third but only had ~1B, ~1.3B, ~1.8B
    Yep I saw that, yeh I got to the Wizard maybe at 300 Million and scored over a Billion on it no lie

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I love Loki's voice work on this one. "What have I to fear?" I like when he says "you don't belong to them Hulk", and then Hulk just let's out a low growl,lol.

The outlanes in this table are some of the most blatantly ridiculous on an table ever made. Seriously, whose the genius that decides "Hey, this table here, we're going to make this so you lose EVERY ball in the outlane. If you have the skill to keep it out of the center, we're just going to give you the finger and force it out the outlane, like it's our job. Especially when you've successfully just hit Black Widow's ramp. Yeah. That one THERE...that's going to be a drain."

I'm sure I'll get over this. But until my games quit getting derailed with this silly nonsense...I'm heated. lol

Exclamation Guide done

Guide Completed, but have no idea what the max Multiplier is doh... anyone know? same for Fear Itself..

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast