Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Infinity Gauntlet Thread

Default Official Infinity Gauntlet Thread

Psychadelic maaaan!
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Yeh this is my fav at the moment, it really feels like you are on an epic cosmic quest to stop the Mad Titan Thanos - add to that brilliant audio cues taken from THE INFINITY GAUNTLET Comics itself and a brilliant Background Music. You have yourself a truely awesome experience.

Currently my highest is 100 Million, having problems completing the Reality Gem Mission as I just can't see what needs to be hit or develop any kind of Zen with that Mission.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

I've managed to get 5 of 6 gems so far. I really love the way it borrows from Sorcerer's Lair with rewarding you for winning missions but at the same time advancing you towards a goal just for attempting them. I'm thinking Reality Gem is the upside down one? If so, I really don't notice what is lit or not. I just aim for the bumpers whenever I can because I know that shot advances your %.

Quote Originally Posted by PSKay View Post
    I've managed to get 5 of 6 gems so far. I really love the way it borrows from Sorcerer's Lair with rewarding you for winning missions but at the same time advancing you towards a goal just for attempting them. I'm thinking Reality Gem is the upside down one? If so, I really don't notice what is lit or not. I just aim for the bumpers whenever I can because I know that shot advances your %.
    Yeh but there is one shot that advanced it by 10% just don't know where that was located. Also looked like it increased the timer, hmm this will be an awkward one for sure. The Mind Gem just Mind ....... me, you get the picture

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Do you guys feel dizzy when the table flips upside down? I wonder because from seeing it in action, it just may be better to play upside down. (joke)

Quote Originally Posted by The Albin0 Rhin0 View Post
    Do you guys feel dizzy when the table flips upside down? I wonder because from seeing it in action, it just may be better to play upside down. (joke)
    It certainly makes your head spin and your Muscle Memory from playing the Table just flys outa the Window into Orbit lol, altho in the Mission you got infinite ball save.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Cool

Doesn't sound good for people who drink beer/liquor as they play,LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    Doesn't sound good for people who drink beer/liquor as they play,LOL.
    Don't give them any ideas lmao.

lol, I actually tried sitting upside down one time to see if it was easier but when you do that the flippers switch sides and it still confused me. It's not really a reliable strategy but you can start a multiball mode while the table is upside down. It makes it easier to accidentally hit correct shots when you have more than one ball.

Exclamation

LMFAO, I just busted out laughing imagining what PSKay looks like ,playing IG upside down.

Haha, I'm pretty flexible so I could kinda manage but all the blood rushes to your head. I wouldn't recommend it.

The hardest gem for me is the mind gem or blue gem. I am interested to know if you can get multiple gems from Half of the Universe. I have collected two super jackpots from HotU but when I collected the second I had all 6 gems already.

Also, is the voice actor for Thanos the same person who voiced Killface from Frisky Dingo?

Quote Originally Posted by BPestZ View Post
    The hardest gem for me is the mind gem or blue gem. I am interested to know if you can get multiple gems from Half of the Universe. I have collected two super jackpots from HotU but when I collected the second I had all 6 gems already.

Also, is the voice actor for Thanos the same person who voiced Killface from Frisky Dingo?
    Not sure, you should post your question here! We need more questions for our voice acting director Q&A

I think I've only started Half the Universe mode once so I have no idea on that.

The Mind Gem is the one that sets your flipper default position to raised? If so, I haven't yet completed that one. However, the strategy that works best for me is to just let the flippers stay raised until they trap balls by themselves. It's kinda counter-intuitive to just sit there and watch but I find hitting set shots to be much easier than just randomly flailing about which was my initial strategy. Obviously, after your ball save runs out you have to be a lot more careful.

How do you activate - HALF OF THE UNIVERSE?

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Exclamation

Wow, just finished my first run through on IG. This, like I thought it would be, is my favorite table by far. Is this done by the Moon Knight designer I wonder? The Mind Gem multi ball is a bit annoying. Otherwise I lvoe everything I see on this gorgeous table. it is complete eye and ear candy. Whoever does Thanos's voice is clearly the superstar out of this pack. Going to be very fun diving deeper and deeper into this table ( haha).

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    How do you activate - HALF OF THE UNIVERSE?
    After main modes the bumpers begin flashing in multiple colors. Bumper hits during this period will collect souls. After certain collected, the HOTU mode lits in the sinkhole. Note that, the ball save is not time limited during this mode, but the ball will get saved as many times as you completed the HERO targets.

Also, the bumpers can be activated with a corresponding skillshot too

Also, I believe when you actually collect a gem instead of just failing a mission there is sort of an invisible force at the end of your upper right flipper that helps push your ball back into the bumpers. So, it's a lot easier to collect souls after a successful mission.

Cool

The green tunnel that transports you to the mini game is such a great,subtle touch.

This is by far the most interesting table out of the bunch. I really like the creativity that's brewing in this table.

Upside down table? Check!
    Reversed flipper positions? Double check!
    An interactive gauntlet that reminds me of The Adams Family pinball machine? Triple check!

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    After main modes the bumpers begin flashing in multiple colors. Bumper hits during this period will collect souls. After certain collected, the HOTU mode lits in the sinkhole. Note that, the ball save is not time limited during this mode, but the ball will get saved as many times as you completed the HERO targets.

Also, the bumpers can be activated with a corresponding skillshot too
    So if you go into this with 10x multiplier your Ball can be saved 5 times or do you mean lighting HERO within the Mode. Half of The Universe is a Multiball Mode? think I remember hearing something of that nature. Thanks for the info BTW.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    So if you go into this with 10x multiplier your Ball can be saved 5 times or do you mean lighting HERO within the Mode. Half of The Universe is a Multiball Mode? think I remember hearing something of that nature. Thanks for the info BTW.
    It is a 4 ball multiball! Every single time you completes the HERO targets, you got a hero for Half of the Universe, no matter what. The amount of collected heroes will shown in the dot matrix when you collect one, or in the status messages screen (hold a flipper button to get there).

hey solitude, Cyclops should have a white X on his uniform not a yellow one during the Infinity Gauntlet. Just saying

SOMETHING! SOMETHING!!

Stupid bloody fin...

Who's that above Wolvie on the table art? My geekdom is drawing a blank on him.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    This is by far the most interesting table out of the bunch. I really like the creativity that's brewing in this table.

Upside down table? Check!
    Reversed flipper positions? Double check!
    An interactive gauntlet that reminds me of The Adams Family pinball machine? Triple check!
    I thought the same thing. The way the hand interacts with the ball is similar to TAF.

Man am I really loving this table. I just scored over 600 million on the PS3 version and got to the wizard mode twice. I'm so close in completing it that I can taste it.

Default living up to expectations

This table is living up to my high expectations - after watching the previews beforehand, looked forward to this one the most

Just got 4 gems, but lost in the end. Time to try again

Well, got to the IG wizard mode, and I gotta say, its pure mayhem. Just mindlessly flailing balls everywhere, there's no way to control any of the balls for certain shots, so you gotta win it by luck IMO, which I didn't do So fun though, I'm surprised I even got to it, the Half of the Universe mode helped me get a gem so that was of great help

Another great table! I've been playing Fear Itself more though. That table is unbelievable IMO.

Any way I think getting to wizard mode is pretty straightforward. Much like Sorcerer's Lair you don't have to beat each mission in order for it to count toward the wizard mode which is why I think this table will be a fan favorite. It's easy to go there IMO. The hard part is actually beating all the Gem missions, then taking on Thanos.

I agree the mind Gem is annoying still figuring out how to beat that mission. I think it's the only mission that have not yet completed. Reality Gem isn't as strange as it looks. It does remind me of Black Hole. It would have been much more annoying if the flippers acted like Mysterio mission in Spider-Man.

I also liked how the plunger is simlilar to Theater of magic where you can get a bonus if you time your shot. Always like to start out with the mult-plier (HERO)

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Another great table! I've been playing Fear Itself more though. That table is unbelievable IMO.

Any way I think getting to wizard mode is pretty straightforward. Much like Sorcerer's Lair you don't have to beat each mission in order for it to count toward the wizard mode which is why I think this table will be a fan favorite. It's easy to go there IMO. The hard part is actually beating all the Gem missions, then taking on Thanos.
    Thats only the smaller wizard mode, if you just start all the missions and not complete all of them. There is an other, bigger, real wizard mode, if you completes all the Gem modes!

I agree the mind Gem is annoying still figuring out how to beat that mission. I think it's the only mission that have not yet completed. Reality Gem isn't as strange as it looks. It does remind me of Black Hole. It would have been much more annoying if the flippers acted like Mysterio mission in Spider-Man.

I also liked how the plunger is simlilar to Theater of magic where you can get a bonus if you time your shot. Always like to start out with the mult-plier (HERO)
    You have to acquire each gem in order to fight Thanos, from what I've encountered... it's not like Ghost Rider (or Sorcerer's Lair)...Maybe your talking about The Avengers table?

*EDIT* deep is right

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    You have to acquire each gem in order to fight Thanos, from what I've encountered... it's not like Ghost Rider (or Sorcerer's Lair)...Maybe your talking about The Avengers table?

*EDIT* deep is right

Thats only the smaller wizard mode, if you just start all the missions and not complete all of them. There is an other, bigger, real wizard mode, if you completes all the Gem modes!
    This is what I experienced. Isn't part of the wizard mode where your flippers are hidden buy stone slabs? I know after I played all of the missions the gems light up on the playfield. i'm not talking about the gems behind the flippers. If that isn't the case then I retract my statement on wizard mode is easy to get to.

This is what I experienced. Isn't part of the wizard mode where your flippers are hidden buy stone slabs? I know after I played all of the missions the gems light up on the playfield. i'm not talking about the gems behind the flippers. If that isn't the case then I retract my statement on wizard mode is easy to get to.
    Thats right! The smaller wizard mode is called Thanos Frenzy, where the flippers get covered. The bigger wizard mode is the Warlock Frenzy, where...well, I wont spoil it

Thats right! The smaller wizard mode is called Thanos Frenzy, where the flippers get covered. The bigger wizard mode is the Warlock Frenzy, where...well, I wont spoil it
    LOL appreciate that.

Thanos Frenzy definatly doesn't require getting all gems... I've only been able to get a coup[le and I got to trigger this mode. Wow, it's crazy not being able to see the flippers... I just spammed the flippers back and forth and got pretty far into it, although I dont think I 'beat' it. Still pulled 28M off just the Thanos Frenzy itself, also I think I pulled an Extra Ball somewhere during this multiball.

If anyone is having trouble with the gem where the table flipps over, I have a hard time with it because my eyes are really bad. I found that if I just hold both flippers and wait for the ball to come to rest on them most balls will trap themselves... then just shoot them as straight up as possible for the monuments spinners.

Really loving this table as well! Very trippy... lol. The monument on top reminded me of the castle from Medieval Madness!

Well, got to the IG wizard mode, and I gotta say, its pure mayhem. Just mindlessly flailing balls everywhere, there's no way to control any of the balls for certain shots, so you gotta win it by luck IMO, which I didn't do So fun though, I'm surprised I even got to it, the Half of the Universe mode helped me get a gem so that was of great help
    I got to the wizard mode twice so far. There appears to be three phases and you only got about 2 minutes to complete all three phases.

Phase 1: Hit the gauntlet 6 times.
    Phase 2: Hit the bumpers 15 times.
    Phase 3: Don't know! I cleared the bumpers with only 1 second to spare and couldn't see the objective for phase 3.

I agree the mind Gem is annoying still figuring out how to beat that mission. I think it's the only mission that have not yet completed.
    I actually completed all 6 modes. The Mind Gem has a little trick to it. It's like playing a "Mind Game".

Phase 1: Two balls are caught by a magnet (like the Green Goblin Multiball in Spider-Man). The third ball (which is blue) is free. Leave the flippers be and let them catch the ball. You may need to nudge the table for it land in the flipper properly. Next, free the captured balls with the blue ball by pressing and release the flipper button.

Note: The mode will end if the ball drains before freeing the other balls.

Phase 2: Let the flippers catch the three balls and shot them into the gauntlet 6 times.

Loving this table. Each Gem really does require different skills from the player. Mind gem truly blew mine when I first came across it. I think we'd all known what to expect with Reality and the table flip so good to see Zen pull more tricks outta the bag.

I reached Thanos Frenzy quite easily so glad to hear this is only a mini-wizard mode.

Has anyone counted how many different multi ball modes there are on the table? There seem to be quite a few!

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsesmith View Post
    Has anyone counted how many different multi ball modes there are on the table? There seem to be quite a few!
    I have counted 7 multiballs.

- Monument multiball
    - Gauntlet multiball
    - Half of the Universe mode
    - Mind Gem
    - Power Gem
    - Thanos Frenzy
    - Warlock Frenzy

I have counted 7 multiballs.

- Monument multiball
    - Gauntlet multiball
    - Mind Gem
    - Power Gem
    - Thanos Frenzy
    - Warlock Frenzy
    Blimey! Off the top of my head that's gotta be some kinda record for a Zen tables hasn't it? I know F4 has a few, but not that many if I remember rightly...

Blimey! Off the top of my head that's gotta be some kinda record for a Zen tables hasn't it? I know F4 has a few, but not that many if I remember rightly...
    Yeah thats a record, I think so

If I remember correctly, the F4 had 'only' 5 multiballs

- Clobberin' multiball
    - Sign multiball
    - Fantastic Four-ball
    - Doctor Doom's mode
    - Victory wizard mode

Am I missing something?

Here's what I recall. The most of the tables have at least 5 that I recall even the new Avengers pack

Fantastic 4 I'm bit unsure what the names were just guessing

Thing clobbering time
    Fantastic 4 ball.
    Fantastic 4 sign ball
    Dr Doom mission
    Beating wizard mode.

X-men I'm bit unsure what the names were just guessing

Phoenix/cyclops
    Protect Xavier
    Final clash
    Danger room
    Gather the team

This what I recall on Fear itself

at least 2 missions of the Worth
    - one where the ball stops in front of the left ramp.
    - where you use neutral ball and regular ball
    Avengers multi-ball
    Odin Multi-ball
    Chaos Multi-ball
    Though I have not reached the wizard mode yet I'm sure there is that mode

Avengers

Black widow/hawkeye
    Iron Man/ Captain America Repair ship
    hulk/Thor
    Avengers assemble

I think there is 1 more not sure

Infinity Gauntlet
    - Monument multiball
    - Gauntlet multiball
    - Mind Gem
    - Power Gem
    - Thanos Frenzy
    - Warlock Frenzy

WWH

-Skaar muti
    -Strength
    -Dr Strange
    -Evacuate the citizens - once you repeat the mode each consecutive adds another ball
    -Arena Multi ball It's there I've seen it in the trailer maybe similar to Evacuate the citizens where each consecutive adds another ball
    -Wizard mode
    - might be 1 more not sure

That's all I have now for the marvel tables that I recall
    Last edited by tenorhero; 06-21-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Here's what I recall. The most of the tables have at least 5 that I recall even the new Avengers pack
    Blade also has five of them.

Doppleganger (2 balls)
    Daywalker Multiball (3 balls)
    Hannibal Multiball (3 balls)
    UV Multiball (2/3 balls)
    Dracula Wizard Mode - Phase 3 (3 balls)

I got to the wizard mode twice so far. There appears to be three phases and you only got about 2 minutes to complete all three phases.

Phase 1: Hit the gauntlet 6 times.
    Phase 2: Hit the bumpers 15 times.
    Phase 3: Don't know! I cleared the bumpers with only 1 second to spare and couldn't see the objective for phase 3.
    I defeated the wizard mode. The 3rd phase is to hit the center ramp 4 times.

I defeated the wizard mode. The 3rd phase is to hit the center ramp 4 times.
    Damn you! Awesome dude, I hope I beat it soon haha.

Damn you! Awesome dude, I hope I beat it soon haha.
    I got the trophy on my fourth attempt with only 2 seconds to spare.

Epic I've had nothing but bad luck with all the tables today, no progress whatsoever. I'm taking a little break from them tonight

Got a decent game and played through the mini-wizard mode... Still struggling to get all of the gems but appreciate the fact that after you have played through the mini-wizard mode that you don't have to do all the gems again but only the ones that you have not finished yet. Also playing much better now that I know how to activate the kickbacks and how to get a relative easy extra ball (silver surfer). I like that you can stack some of the modes etc. but that monument multiball always seem to come at the wrong time just as I am trying to finish a gem (e.g. time gem). Liking the table the more I play it and now rate it above Hulk, on par with Avengers but still a little bit behind Fear Itself.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Nice. So how are kickbacks activated on this table?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Got a decent game and played through the mini-wizard mode... Still struggling to get all of the gems but appreciate the fact that after you have played through the mini-wizard mode that you don't have to do all the gems again but only the ones that you have not finished yet. Also playing much better now that I know how to activate the kickbacks and how to get a relative easy extra ball (silver surfer). I like that you can stack some of the modes etc. but that monument multiball always seem to come at the wrong time just as I am trying to finish a gem (e.g. time gem). Liking the table the more I play it and now rate it above Hulk, on par with Avengers but still a little bit behind Fear Itself.
    It gets crazy when you start stacking the the monument multiball, silver surfer mode, and a mission all together.

How are you activating the kickbacks? The only method mentioned in the rule sheets (forgot what it is called, give away?) is by hitting the gauntlet ramp and it randomly dropping the ball in the left most lane, spikes come up and trap the ball for a second or two, and then you have to make a cross shot using the upper left flipper. I have only been able to get the left kickback activated so far. I don't like that you have to get lucky for the gauntlet to drop the ball in the correct lane to try for the kickback. I end up starting a few a gem missions with only maybe 1 or 2 chances to get the kicbacks activated. Is there any other way to activate kickbacks or ball saves?
    Last edited by surf1der; 06-24-2012 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    It gets crazy when you start stacking the the monument multiball, silver surfer mode, and a mission all together.

How are you activating the kickbacks? The only method mentioned in the rule sheets (forgot what it is called, give away?) is by hitting the gauntlet ramp and it randomly dropping the ball in the left most lane, spikes come up and trap the ball for a second or two, and then you have to make a cross shot using the upper left flipper. I have only been able to get the left kickback activated so far. I don't like that you have to get lucky for the gauntlet to drop the ball in the correct lane to try for the kickback. I end up starting a few a gem missions with only maybe 1 or 2 chances to get the kicbacks activated. Is there any other way to activate kickbacks or ball saves?
    The kickbacks ( called Giveback ) activates exactly you described, however if you listen carefully, there is a spark stream at the Gauntlet which marks the next lane, where the ball will come down. You can change the stream via hitting almost every shot on the table, so you can eliminate luck from the equation

Furthermore, because it's a bit tricky to activate them, the Givebacks won't deactivate if you use them during the ball save is active.

Also, the Kiss of Death award can provide you a Giveback activation

I just completed Warlock Frenzy like 20 minutes ago and I must say its one of the most interesting and challenging wizard modes I have ever played. The fact that Time, Mind and Reality are all used at random moments to screw with your shots is simply brilliant. I've got to say Phase 3 was probably the hardest for me. I got my fourth ball into the Citadel with less than 5 seconds on the timer. I absolutely love this table. It quickly found its way into my top 5 all time favorites from Zen. Only beaten by Moon Knight, X-MEN and Blade and followed by World War Hulk (at least atm on Hulk, its still new, we'll see). I loved how challenging each mission and then wizard mode actually were but, to be honest, its not something I want to see in every design. I definitely love the challenging tables the most if you can tell by my top 5, but I need me some easy tables to take the edge off sometimes.

Oh and for those wondering, if you acquire say 4/6 gems and activate Thanos Frenzy, you will still have 4/6 gems acquired and only need to acquire the two you are missing. You also won't have to replay the missions for the gems you already have acquired.
    Wizard Modes Completed: Buccaneer (1-6-11) SotD (1-20-11) Agents (1-24-11) Biolab (3-31-11) MSM (10-8-11) SL (10-12-11)
    Paranormal (10-26-11) S-M (11-13-11) MK (12-15-11) X-Men (12-19-11) GR (1-15-12) CA (1-17-12) EQ (2-16-12) Rome (3-11-12)
    Pasha (3-12-12) NM (3-28-12) Extreme (5-16-12) Thor (5-22-12) SM (5-26-12) WWH (6-21-12) FF (6-22-12) Blade (6-23-12)
    IG (6-24-12) PvZ (1-7-13) ESB (2-27-13) CivilWar (6-22-13) BF (7-2-13)

The kickbacks ( called Giveback ) activates exactly you described, however if you listen carefully, there is a spark stream at the Gauntlet which marks the next lane, where the ball will come down. You can change the stream via hitting almost every shot on the table, so you can eliminate luck from the equation

Furthermore, because it's a bit tricky to activate them, the Givebacks won't deactivate if you use them during the ball save is active.

Also, the Kiss of Death award can provide you a Giveback activation

Awesome. This should help me out a lot. I thought that after you shot it up the gauntlet ramp it was completely random which lane it would come down. I will listen?/look for that spark stream on my next play through. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by E113 View Post
    I just completed Warlock Frenzy like 20 minutes ago and I must say its one of the most interesting and challenging wizard modes I have ever played. The fact that Time, Mind and Reality are all used at random moments to screw with your shots is simply brilliant. I've got to say Phase 3 was probably the hardest for me. I got my fourth ball into the Citadel with less than 5 seconds on the timer. I absolutely love this table. It quickly found its way into my top 5 all time favorites from Zen. Only beaten by Moon Knight, X-MEN and Blade and followed by World War Hulk (at least atm on Hulk, its still new, we'll see). I loved how challenging each mission and then wizard mode actually were but, to be honest, its not something I want to see in every design. I definitely love the challenging tables the most if you can tell by my top 5, but I need me some easy tables to take the edge off sometimes.

Oh and for those wondering, if you acquire say 4/6 gems and activate Thanos Frenzy, you will still have 4/6 gems acquired and only need to acquire the two you are missing. You also won't have to replay the missions for the gems you already have acquired.
    Infinity gauntlet is indeed a very nice table and slowly creeping up in my favorite AC tables at the moment. It's not going to beat out Fear Itself in any way. Avengers is a great table but I'm not sure if the random drain on the left outlane is by design. There's something amiss.

Any way as you mentioned I love challenging tables. Table like Iron Man Thor and excalibur and IMO MARS are pretty difficult. Fear Itself is one of those as well as IG.

Oh by the way DEEP. Love the tables you designed. Fantastic Four is in my all time top 10 by Zen.

Oh by the way DEEP. Love the tables you designed. Fantastic Four is in my all time top 10 by Zen.
    Thank you very much, I appreciate that

A Xbox Zen fan told me IG had a 70's feel/ look. I totallly agree, and of course its psychadelic, so yeah. Great work guys.

Even the music for the extra ball you win in the sweepstakes is super cool. Kudos to whoever composed/picked that out.

Even the music for the extra ball you win in the sweepstakes is super cool. Kudos to whoever composed/picked that out.
    You mean to say that Death will actually award you something else apart from the measly 200,000 points she always seems to give me at the sweepstake? She clearly hasn't been impressed with my pinball skills!

Any tips on the sweepstake? The prizes seem to flick thru so quickly that I just hit and hope...

Yeah, I wanted to improve the extra ball process with the dedicated fanfare. Also the dot matrix display shows if you do something that leads to an extra ball, and how many more shots you need to get it.

Exclamation

Yea, this is definitely my favorite table of AvC, n I love to hear that you were thinking of the players perspective in more than just ball control. It goes a long way on our end, when the information is easily distinguished from all the other blinking lights - you know:
    comfort = confidence = control
    (if there was a less than or equal to sign, I'd prefer to use that).

There's just one thing I'm havin a problem with, maybe you can help... whenever I start the mode where those bunch of lights start going off, I think it's right after you do that weird thing with the monument ramp (although, it could be the spinners); either way, whenever it's like that - the ball always drains on me. Almost immediately after the ball save disappears too.

Part of me thinks it's a glitch, but it could be a malfunction with my fingers. Just thought I'd see if anyone else has had that problem too.
    If life's really just a game, it was designed to be played co-op.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Awesome. This should help me out a lot. I thought that after you shot it up the gauntlet ramp it was completely random which lane it would come down. I will listen?/look for that spark stream on my next play through. Thanks.
    Okay, so now I understand why I thought it was completely random. If you are on a camera view that zooms more on the lower playfield, you will not see the spark stream unless you go into free look mode. I'll have to determine which I prefer, using free look while on my preferred camera angle or just use a different camera angle. Time to do some testing.

I totally have to agree with this statement. Fantastic Four is definitely in my top 10 and Infinity Gauntlet is in my top 5 all time favorite Zen tables. While I'm not a huge fan of Mrs. Splosion Man, its by no means because of a design flaw (aside from extremely long games). What turns me away from Mrs. Splosion Man is the bright flashy colors (pink and white) and the ridiculous 17 year old valley girl quotes that are repeated constantly. But don't get me wrong, I know these aren't your fault, as I've played Mrs. Splosion Man and am fully aware that these are all elements of the game itself.
    Last edited by E113; 06-24-2012 at 10:18 PM.
    Wizard Modes Completed: Buccaneer (1-6-11) SotD (1-20-11) Agents (1-24-11) Biolab (3-31-11) MSM (10-8-11) SL (10-12-11)
    Paranormal (10-26-11) S-M (11-13-11) MK (12-15-11) X-Men (12-19-11) GR (1-15-12) CA (1-17-12) EQ (2-16-12) Rome (3-11-12)
    Pasha (3-12-12) NM (3-28-12) Extreme (5-16-12) Thor (5-22-12) SM (5-26-12) WWH (6-21-12) FF (6-22-12) Blade (6-23-12)
    IG (6-24-12) PvZ (1-7-13) ESB (2-27-13) CivilWar (6-22-13) BF (7-2-13)

i love this table,i was able to beat the Warlok'Wizzardmode ,the first time i got to it, still can't stop playing the Infinity G table

Hey deep, great to be able to hear from the developer directly on their design approach and why they chose x over y.

I won't lie... you did an awesome job on this table. Easily my favorite of the Avenger table pack.

At first I was annoyed at how difficult and lame some of the modes seemed. Like having the flippers hidden, or turning the table upside down and defaulting the table to a more angled view (I play pretty exclusively on View 6). But after having played it a bit, and discovering the ability to stack modes (*superb* job) it quickly became addictive.

I had no idea who Thanos was or what the Infinity Gauntlet meant, but after reading up the backstory .... well, wow. You just did an amazing job at producing a great "feel" for a pinball machine while embracing abilities that video pinball allow. Having Thanos have complete control over the universe, and thus your control over the pin, made all the odd mission modes fit together. So this is going to sound corny, but it really felt as though I was battling for the fate of the Universe. I wanted, no, I needed Thanos to fail. This kept me going at him 800 million points worth which was 2-3? hours of play.

Also, thanks for posting that bit about being able to determine where the ball drops from the Gauntlet, I don't think I would have figured it out. I mean maybe I was just too distracted by Thanos' self-righteous taunts to pay any notice.

Kudos to you and thanks.

~800 million on FX2

Anyone got an Overhead Image of this Table? I need one for my Guide or an image which shows all the Ramps... can't seem to find none online.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

What are all of the ways to collect extra balls on this table?

What are all of the ways to collect extra balls on this table?
    Ride With the Silver Surfer like 8 times? Somewhere around there...Random award for the Kiss of whatever from the Mistress, and getting the multiplier to 10x and beyond. That's all I know.

I've been putting a few hours into this table lately. It's bar none my favorite table now.
    At first I was struggling to put scores up at 50 million. Most gems i had in 1 game was 3. Not many extra balls. Now that I know how to get extra balls, and know how to stack some of the missions w/ multiball options. This board becomes a chaotic piece of TOTAL AWESOME very quickly.

Whoever said there were "many interesting stacking options" wasn't kidding!!!!!

Was fun to get gauntlet multiball from a random reward, and then start monument multiball, and then ride the surfer mode all at the same time. Which lead to not only about 20million + points, but an extra ball for riding the surfers board.

I've learned to try to avoid the monument multiball long enough to start an infinity gem mission. Makes a couple of them much easier to get through.

I just put up a 240+ million score right now, think it put me 25th on the 360 leaderboards (surprised at that honestly). Got through one of the mini wizard modes, and was just 1 gem away from owning them all. I must have messed that mission up 3 times in a row. Was the "search for thanos" gem. Forget what it was. But man.... I was 1 gate shot away from getting the gem, and then it drained straight down the middle from a hit on the gate to the monument.

Started that mission up again w/ monument multiball and still messed it up. Was quite annoyed

This is a very, VERY deceiving table. With all the multiball options and the way they can stack together, AND over various missions, you'd think it would be easier, but it's not.

Took me a while to understand this table. Glad i put the time into it. It's just so so goddamn fun!!!!!!!!

Ride With the Silver Surfer like 8 times? Somewhere around there...Random award for the Kiss of whatever from the Mistress, and getting the multiplier to 10x and beyond. That's all I know.
    Yea getting the extra ball from the surfer mode is much easier when you've got some multiball action going on. gauntlet or monument... or... both

Also get it via random reward from the mistress hole, or advancing the multiplyer to 10x with the HERO targets. Now do you get the extra ball if your random reward is to get max multiplyer to begin with? can you get the extra ball from that way as well? I think i got that reward once like that and the extra ball. However, not going to lie.... beer was involved in that game when that certain scenario happened. Might not exactly remember it that way, a little confirmation would greatly help.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    defaulting the table to a more angled view (I play pretty exclusively on View 6). .
    When i first played the table, i kinda thought it was really "floaty" The ball wasn't reacting as sharp as it should have with the flippers. At first i just kinda brushed that off and thought that the table was just designed steeper than others. Which is probably right. I dunno... I didn't design them. I just thought the play felt kinda "off" compared to the avengers table and hulk.

But I changed the view once (still angled, but more closer in) I found it to be much better. For me, I'll play some tables from the high up wide view 6 perspective. I know i play the captian america table like that, and wolverine. I find it much easier to play those tables from that view. But I'm having no problem from this closer/wider view for this table. I play ghost rider the same way... the zoomed in wider view. Just depends on the table for me personally.

There is one more, try to make Powershots from the left plunger, when the ball diverts there from the Gauntlet, and you are not in a Gem mode or multiball

Finally had a good game on this, collected a few gems but was on 3rd ball...then got some crazy stacking going and ended up with like 3 extra balls...got to the Wizard mode and failed a the last bit. It was also the first time I got the "Half of the Universe" mode started. I have no idea what was going on or how/why I was able to slowly eradicate the lane blockers or what the "Hero" count has to to with it but it was fun. The Wizard mode was really crazy with the random elements of the Gem mission...I guess the last part is you have to lock 4 balls in the middle ramp while all the other ramps are blocked by the same red force field from the "Half of the Universe"...only locked one before time ran out. I play with "View 5" and couldn't figure a way to get that middle ramp shot other than luck. Think my total was like 450m.

I know these scores won't last long as more and more get the pack but if I can only get a decent run going in Fear Itself I'll be top ten in all the new 4-pack! Now if only I could get paid to play pinball
    PSN: Loc_Dog_ (feel free 2 add, mention ZP2 or these forums if you will! )
    Wizarded on ZP2: Avengers, Infinity Gauntlet, Captain America, Plants vs Zombies, Ghost Rider, X-MEN, Epic Quest, Sorcerer's Lair, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Blade, Paranormal

There is one more, try to make Powershots from the left plunger, when the ball diverts there from the Gauntlet, and you are not in a Gem mode or multiball
    This "mode" really confused me at first but two main things I've figured out

1) Use a really "weak" shot (I usually don't go past about 1/5 of a full meter)

2) Either "choice" you make (loop or hit the targets) you have to hit the flashing one to get the bonus/xball counter
    Wizarded on ZP2: Avengers, Infinity Gauntlet, Captain America, Plants vs Zombies, Ghost Rider, X-MEN, Epic Quest, Sorcerer's Lair, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Blade, Paranormal

Quote Originally Posted by Loc_Dog_ View Post
    This "mode" really confused me at first but two main things I've figured out

1) Use a really "weak" shot (I usually don't go past about 1/5 of a full meter)

2) Either "choice" you make (loop or hit the targets) you have to hit the flashing one to get the bonus/xball counter
    Maybe, you did not notice, there is a diverter at the exit of the left plunger. It slightly changes the way of the ball constantly, so double timing needed there. Wait for the flashing lamp, and for the diverter to synchronize and make the shot. Pretty tricky, but fun IMHO

I have no idea what was going on or how/why I was able to slowly eradicate the lane blockers or what the "Hero" count has to to with it but it was fun.
    At first, only one lane is free in Half of the Universe mode. If you hit it, an other gets freed, and so on. Always the flashing ones progress the next lane, the others (already freed lanes) rising the super jackpot. The Heroes are your "lives" we could say. As many Heroes you got, the that many ball will be saved during the mode.

Thumbs up

Maybe, you did not notice, there is a diverter at the exit of the left plunger. It slightly changes the way of the ball constantly, so double timing needed there. Wait for the flashing lamp, and for the diverter to synchronize and make the shot. Pretty tricky, but fun IMHO
    Like blades diverter, but smaller -right?
    My favorite thing about this table n fear, is how involved they are. You're never bored, that's fersure.

Did not notice this, will have to look for it next time I'm on. I've been mostly successful going for the loop.

At first, only one lane is free in Half of the Universe mode. If you hit it, an other gets freed, and so on. Always the flashing ones progress the next lane, the others (already freed lanes) rising the super jackpot. The Heroes are your "lives" we could say. As many Heroes you got, the that many ball will be saved during the mode.
    Thanks for all the info! Where was the super jackpot? And is there a way to up the Hero count during the mode because it seemed like there was...I had read this earlier but I started the mode with like 20 Heroes so I was confused...thought 10x meant only 5 Heroes?

Thanks for all the info! Where was the super jackpot? And is there a way to up the Hero count during the mode because it seemed like there was...I had read this earlier but I started the mode with like 20 Heroes so I was confused...thought 10x meant only 5 Heroes?
    The super jackpot is the final shot, to the center jump ramp. The first time you hit it, you got an Infinity Gem too, if there is any in the Gauntlet. Every time you collect all HERO targets will add a Hero to the Half of the Universe mode. You can add Heroes during the mode.

Just had the best run I'll probably ever have on this table Beat the wizard mode (finally) on BALL 1, not including extra balls either, it was epic! So many stacking going on, it was loads of fun. Ranked #2 on PS3 with 763M...Yeah, yeah, FOR NOW, but it feels good FOR NOW Great table, in my top 5 for sure, though I don't really have a list

I dont know what it is about this table but I just cant seem to get in to it. The lower field bumpers feel to far apart, making me heavily hesitate when they activate because im completely unsure of how it will react. Ive managed to clear two of the gem modes but I can barely get a score on the table.

This might be a slow burner table for me, taking me a while to get up to speed on it. Or maybe its just not condusive to how I play.

Dont get me wrong though I love the theme, and the design looks superb.

I accidentally got some super skillshots while playing earlier tonight, but to be honest I really wasn't paying attention to the specifics. I'm taking you get a skillshot regularly, but when it drops off the surf board to the upper left flipper and you shoot it around for the giveback lane you get the super skillshot.

Now does this only happen with a 1.5m skillshot? or do the other point values count (500k, 1m)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
    I accidentally got some super skillshots while playing earlier tonight, but to be honest I really wasn't paying attention to the specifics. I'm taking you get a skillshot regularly, but when it drops off the surf board to the upper left flipper and you shoot it around for the giveback lane you get the super skillshot.

Now does this only happen with a 1.5m skillshot? or do the other point values count (500k, 1m)
    Well, the super skillshot is a bit tricky on this table You have to launch the ball, when you see "LIGHT THE SUPER SKILLSHOT!" on the dot matrix display. Then, when the ball leaves the bumper area (through the surfboard OR the Gauntlet), one of the SUPER SKILLSHOT lamps will show which lane activates for the super skillshot. It can be the orbit, or the HERO targets. I suggest to try to hit the Gauntlet from the upper right flipper in the super skillshot case, because this way the ball ALWYAS diverts to the upper left flipper, so you get a chance to light a giveback and score a super skillshot at the same time.

Well, the super skillshot is a bit tricky on this table You have to launch the ball, when you see "LIGHT THE SUPER SKILLSHOT!" on the dot matrix display. Then, when the ball leaves the bumper area (through the surfboard OR the Gauntlet), one of the SUPER SKILLSHOT lamps will show which lane activates for the super skillshot. It can be the orbit, or the HERO targets. I suggest to try to hit the Gauntlet from the upper right flipper in the super skillshot case, because this way the ball ALWYAS diverts to the upper left flipper, so you get a chance to light a giveback and score a super skillshot at the same time.
    Ah thanks for that. Had no clue about the dot matrix display while launching. Just something i generally don't look at LOL. Guess next time I play I'll take a closer look.

They were just surprising when they happened because I had no clue about them at all. Kinda like the double skill shot on fear itself going through the magnetic loop twice.

*edit* Yep, don't I feel stupid now. I obviously need more beer while playing this game.
    Last edited by DarkKodiaK; 06-27-2012 at 09:38 PM.

The green tunnel that transports you to the mini game is such a great,subtle touch.
    Can anyone give me a hint how that mini game works? i do understand that i have to hit the targets on top. but i didn't find out how to do that controlled or how it really works.

Quote Originally Posted by mawah View Post
    Can anyone give me a hint how that mini game works? i do understand that i have to hit the targets on top. but i didn't find out how to do that controlled or how it really works.
    You control the ball with the two magnets with the flipper buttons. You need to do a lot of ricocheting to be able to hit all of the targets.

You need to hit all 12 regular stone tablets (targets) and then you need to hit the big one (top center). Sink the ball into the hole behind it and you completed the mini-game.

You control the ball with the two magnets with the flipper buttons. You need to do a lot of ricocheting to be able to hit all of the targets.

You need to hit all 12 regular stone tablets (targets) and then you need to hit the big one (top center). Sink the ball into the hole behind it and you completed the mini-game.
    Those magnets on Fear Itself remind me of Pasha a bit. I love it!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    Those magnets on Fear Itself remind me of Pasha a bit. I love it!
    Speaking of the magna-save, the first table ever to introduce them was Black Knight, which happens to be one of the tables that will be included in the next Pinball Arcade expansion pack.

Yea it's pretty much the easiest gem to get IMO.

The stupid space gem is the one i always have trouble with.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
    Yea it's pretty much the easiest gem to get IMO.
    It's a hit or miss for me.

The stupid space gem is the one i always have trouble with.
    Which one was the Space Gem again? I still can't keep track of the names of the gems.

It's a hit or miss for me.

Which one was the Space Gem again? I still can't keep track of the names of the gems.
    Sometimes it's hit or miss with me too, and it pisses me off

I'm sure he means the reality gem, where the table flips upside down and everything is dark and "spacey" looking lol

Space gem is the one where Thanos teleports using gates and you have to lock him in place. Its the purple gem iirc.

the reality gem is the hardest one for me, the second hardest is the mind gem
    the rest of them are more manageable
    also i hope this is not the last cosmic based table we see. i would kill for a Annihilation Saga, Guardians of the Galaxy, Nova or Thanos Imperative table

Quote Originally Posted by lexandro View Post
    Space gem is the one where Thanos teleports using gates and you have to lock him in place. Its the purple gem iirc.
    Ah ok. In that case, that mission is usually pretty easy, compared to the mind gem or reality gem. One thing I had trouble with, with this mission, was where the gate was located. When the pack first came out, I never knew what he was talking about when he said "Now, hit the gate!". I never noticed that purple gate until later on.

I haven't played this table a lot yet, but I find the mind gem to be waaaaay worse than the reality gem. I got used to the flipped table in seconds, but with the mind gem I still feel like I'm back in my "flail randomly" days. I think it's even worse than the swapped flippers on Spider Man.

The Mind Gem (Blue Ball) is the only Gem that is stopping me getting to the Warlok Wizard mode.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Sometimes it's hit or miss with me too, and it pisses me off

I'm sure he means the reality gem, where the table flips upside down and everything is dark and "spacey" looking lol
    Yea this one. I've become much better at handling this one with just one ball. I find it more difficult to do when there's a multiball going on.

Quote Originally Posted by bazz View Post
    the reality gem is the hardest one for me, the second hardest is the mind gem
    the rest of them are more manageable
    also i hope this is not the last cosmic based table we see. i would kill for a Annihilation Saga, Guardians of the Galaxy, Nova or Thanos Imperative table
    Reality gem can be a total pain with just 1 ball. It's an absolute breeze if you've got a gauntlet multiball going, and add monument multiball on top of it, it's even easier. Sometimes I've gotta attempt this gem twice to get it. Usually it pops up the first time before I can get anywhere near completing one of the multiballs to help.

Mind gem i still have problems with as well. Space gem and mind are the two i get tripped up on the most.

Ah that one! I found that gem to be much more easier to get, compared to the mini-game one. That's just me though.

Ah that one! I found that gem to be much more easier to get, compared to the mini-game one. That's just me though.
    you mean the Soul Gem? because IMO thats the easiest to get

Thanks shogun, my main problem is how to controle the ball. usually i pretty much randomly press the filppers and the ball drains before i could wind out how the machanics work.
    do i have to use the magnets like flippers or do i have to hold them for a loonger time to charge or something?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast