Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official Infinity Gauntlet Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mawah View Post
    Thanks shogun, my main problem is how to controle the ball. usually i pretty much randomly press the filppers and the ball drains before i could wind out how the machanics work.
    do i have to use the magnets like flippers or do i have to hold them for a loonger time to charge or something?
    You don't need to charge. Try to activate the magnets, when the ball rolling down towards them, and almost get near to one of the Adam Warlock lamps.

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    You don't need to charge. Try to activate the magnets, when the ball rolling down towards them, and almost get near to one of the Adam Warlock lamps.
    Thanks, and i only have to "flippper" with the magnet on side where the ball is coming down, did i understand that right?

Yes use the magnets like flippers.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Quote Originally Posted by mawah View Post
    do i have to use the magnets like flippers or do i have to hold them for a loonger time to charge or something?
    Nope! Just quick taps on the buttons will do. It seems that the magnets are pressure sensitive though, so tapping the buttons down hard will give you a different result compared to lite taps.

Default Reality Gem Mission ?

having problems completing the Reality Gem Mission as I just can't see what needs to be hit or develop any kind of Zen with that Mission.[/QUOTE]

I'm also confused at what I'm shooting for here. Does anyone know if there are any markers (lights, whatever) that show what ramp or shot you are supposed to shoot besides the bumpers or are you supposed to spray and pray? I understand part of it seems random thats cool just need to know what i'm looking for as a sign. Can anyone show me the light? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dammtheflood View Post
    I'm also confused at what I'm shooting for here. Does anyone know if there are any markers (lights, whatever) that show what ramp or shot you are supposed to shoot besides the bumpers or are you supposed to spray and pray? I understand part of it seems random thats cool just need to know what i'm looking for as a sign. Can anyone show me the light? Thanks.
    Yes! There are three lit paths. The lights are "solid" instead of flashing.

You must hit one of those three lit paths and this will increase the percentage on the DMD. After that, the lit paths will change and you rinse and repeat the process until you reach 100%.

Note: You can increase the timer by hitting the spinners repeatedly.
    Last edited by shogun00; 07-02-2012 at 03:00 AM.

holy crazyness batman!

the full wizard mode is absolutely INSANE. Reverse flippers, reality mode, 4 ball multiball, oh and covering up the flippers too... constantly changing the game modes on the fly. Damn fun!!!

hit 24th on the leaderboards with a 438 million score.

Thought it was interesting that I got the space gem during the half of the universe mode (went through that 2 or 3 times before that died), and then hit the mistress hole to start the wizard mode. Never knew you could get a Gem via the half of the universe mode. Oh well.

too fun!!!

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Funny enough yesterday I managed to reg' a score of 812 Million, went up to 5th in the Leaderboard and managed to go through the Warlock Frenzy Wizard Mode 2 times in the same game. Heck I never even got a Half of The Universe Super Jackpot Award (Random Gem) as I just keep activating the Gem Missions via the Gauntlet.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Default Can't get into this table

I think this table might slow down my Marvel Pinball progress... I'm having trouble finding a rhythm and I can't hit the center shots consistently, particularly the two spinners. I've tried early from the same side flippers and later from the opposite side flippers and I just can't hit them consistently. For the center ramp, I was initially hitting it with ease, but suddenly I can't hit it very consistently so it makes me worried about even attempting wizard mode. I've tried every view and I can't find one that works any better than the others. It's been a while since I struggled so much just trying to complete missions on a table...

I think the upside down mode is tough enough if the ramps you had to hit didn't move around, but that just makes it harder. Hitting the spinners does not slow down the timer from what I've seen, does anyone know what gives you more time??

I have yet to beat the magnet mission which someone else stated was the easiest one, so I know I'm just missing something. I can't get a feel for how the magnets work, despite what I've read here. Often they seem not to really work at all leaving the ball going to the center. I'm sure I'm just missing something... Where's Hypno with his videos, lol!

I've never been one to move on to another table before getting all the trophies for the one I'm on, so I'll be stuck here for quite some time I'm sure... sigh. Oh, and unlike everyone else who likes that things are stackable, that drives me absolutely insane! I can't stand getting interrupted when I'm trying to focus on one thing at a time. Oh well, not really my kinda table I guess, but I'll manage it hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by skippycue View Post
    Hitting the spinners does not slow down the timer from what I've seen, does anyone know what gives you more time??
    I had to hit them several times (five shots I believe), but I saw my timer climbed from 30 seconds to 45 seconds and that was nothing but spinner shots. Neither of the spinners were lit at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I had to hit them several times (five shots I believe), but I saw my timer climbed from 30 seconds to 45 seconds and that was nothing but spinner shots. Neither of the spinners were lit at the time.
    I've hit them many times and never saw the time go up, so dunno. I think I need a break from this game though, it's just not fun for me right now.

Only the lit lanes give you extra time. The ones at the beginning of the mode give more, and the amount is decreasing as you progressing. The bumper hits are pause the timer for 1 sec

this table is really hard for me i can barely get 2 gems for play through
    i hope people upload some videos about the gems soon
    usually visual help, helps me more than guides

I think the upside down mode is tough enough if the ramps you had to hit didn't move around, but that just makes it harder. Hitting the spinners does not slow down the timer from what I've seen, does anyone know what gives you more time??
    I think just making the shots and advancing the % gives you a bit of more time. For me personally I can hit those spinner ramps all day long if I wanted to. Don't think i ever noticed them giving you more time in the reality gem mode.

Quote Originally Posted by bazz View Post
    this table is really hard for me i can barely get 2 gems for play through
    i hope people upload some videos about the gems soon
    usually visual help, helps me more than guides
    What gems are giving you problems?

Only the lit lanes give you extra time. The ones at the beginning of the mode give more, and the amount is decreasing as you progressing. The bumper hits are pause the timer for 1 sec
    I must of ran into a glitch then, because I didn't hit any of the lit lanes or bumpers.

Thanks for the tip though.

I must of ran into a glitch then, because I didn't hit any of the lit lanes or bumpers.

Thanks for the tip though.
    It also helps to have a ball or 2 locked for gauntlet multiball, or close enough to starting monument multiball before something like the reality gem mode pops up. Then finish off the spinner shots and/or lock up the last ball or two. It's much easier with the perma ball save and 3-4 balls flying around. Just remember you've gotta start the gem mode first before stacking the multiball on top of it.

My biggest problem is the reverse flippers. I just can't seem to get 6 shots in before I lose too many balls. I try to catch them, but most of the time they roll off the end of the flipper so I tried shooting without catching them, but my brain doesn't think well that way, lol. It doesn't help that I seem to have forgotten how to shoot the middle...

EDIT: So I finally beat the reverse flippers mode after countless tries and was then able to beat the infinity gauntlet multiball on my first try with 2 seconds left! I have to say I'm shocked and VERY happy because I was really struggling with this table! I really didn't expect to get this trophy any time soon so I'm pretty pumped right now!
    Last edited by skippycue; 07-03-2012 at 03:26 AM.

My biggest problem is the reverse flippers. I just can't seem to get 6 shots in before I lose too many balls. I try to catch them, but most of the time they roll off the end of the flipper so I tried shooting without catching them, but my brain doesn't think well that way, lol. It doesn't help that I seem to have forgotten how to shoot the middle...

EDIT: So I finally beat the reverse flippers mode after countless tries and was then able to beat the infinity gauntlet multiball on my first try with 2 seconds left! I have to say I'm shocked and VERY happy because I was really struggling with this table! I really didn't expect to get this trophy any time soon so I'm pretty pumped right now!
    Cheers mate I finally have been able to beat it last weekend. Twice in one game It was good for the third place on the leaderboards. I lost the last 3 balls in like 5 mins though, so it could have been much better.
    Last edited by deep; 07-03-2012 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
    What gems are giving you problems?
    mind gem and reality gem
    also i would like to know how to activate the ball saver

Cheers mate I finally have been able to beat it last weekend. Twice in one game It was good for the third place on the leaderboards. I lost the last 3 balls in like 5 mins though, so it could have been much better.
    Wow, that's impressive! I actually have my game paused on ball 3 with 2 extra balls right now because it got late last night and I had to get to bed, lol.

Funny enough it seems I did the exact same thing you did, Im 6th in the Leaderboards right now.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Funny enough it seems I did the exact same thing you did, Im 6th in the Leaderboards right now.
    last night I hit 11th. Don't know if that's dropped a spot or three since then. Was pretty close to cracking the top 10 as well
    had 4 gems on my second run after the warlock frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by bazz View Post
    mind gem and reality gem
    also i would like to know how to activate the ball saver
    Ball save tends to activate itself whenever a multiball starts up. As for the gauntlet saver I'm not exactly sure how you activate it. For the givebacks, that's easy. Just make a shot to the right off a combo with the upper left flipper when you see the "Give back" light light up. Usually do this right after the ball drops off from upper bumper area.

As for the reality gem, like i said. Make sure you're close to starting a multiball; Gauntlet or Monument (or both!). When the reality mode starts up all you've gotta do is just make a couple shots to start multiball. That mode can be finished really really fast that way.

For me the first thing i tend to do in the game is take down the monument gate and make shots into the bumpers to start working my way to getting these modes going. If something pops up first like the reality, space, or time gem, then I'm in good shape if one of those modes starts up before i bring the monument to 100% or have a couple balls locked already. Honestly I find space and time gems easier with just 1 ball just so I can make precise shots.

last night I hit 11th. Don't know if that's dropped a spot or three since then. Was pretty close to cracking the top 10 as well
    had 4 gems on my second run after the warlock frenzy.
    Awesome m8, yh once I get the hang of the Mind Gem il increase my high even more.

Ball save tends to activate itself whenever a multiball starts up. As for the gauntlet saver I'm not exactly sure how you activate it. For the givebacks, that's easy. Just make a shot to the right off a combo with the upper left flipper when you see the "Give back" light light up. Usually do this right after the ball drops off from upper bumper area.

As for the reality gem, like i said. Make sure you're close to starting a multiball; Gauntlet or Monument (or both!). When the reality mode starts up all you've gotta do is just make a couple shots to start multiball. That mode can be finished really really fast that way.

For me the first thing i tend to do in the game is take down the monument gate and make shots into the bumpers to start working my way to getting these modes going. If something pops up first like the reality, space, or time gem, then I'm in good shape if one of those modes starts up before i bring the monument to 100% or have a couple balls locked already. Honestly I find space and time gems easier with just 1 ball just so I can make precise shots.
    Problem is the Gem modes randomly are chosen between the Gems you haven't acquired yet so the Multiball being ready isn't a sound tactic.

Regarding Gauntlet Saver, I believe after you have Right & Left Kickbacks activated if you then repeat the process of activating them the Gauntlet Saver will instead activate. If think its an infinite Ball Saver until you drain, confirm anyone?

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Awesome m8, yh once I get the hang of the Mind Gem il increase my high even more.

Problem is the Gem modes randomly are chosen between the Gems you haven't acquired yet so the Multiball being ready isn't a sound tactic.

Regarding Gauntlet Saver, I believe after you have Right & Left Kickbacks activated if you then repeat the process of activating them the Gauntlet Saver will instead activate. If think its an infinite Ball Saver until you drain, confirm anyone?
    That's exactly it. It's not a sound or absolutely guaranteed tactic. But having the option for your to engage the multiball during one of the modes where it's available to you certainly is.

For me it's only the 2 modes where I like to have multiball: Reality Gem, and Time Gem. Time gem is stupidly easy to finish with just 1 single ball. But, it's absolutely not difficult to finish that mode with a multiball going on. With reality gem..... I VERY much want a multiball option available to me, because i know it's 10x easier to finish that gem with a few extra balls flying around.

For the space gem. Much prefer to have 1 ball going on. If the multiball engages when i have 1 portal left to destroy. Not that much of a big deal to me. I would rather have that certain mode with just 1 ball because it's much easier to trap the ball on the flipper and just aim your shots.

But those are the 3 modes where gauntlet/monument multiball are available to stack on top of for all 6 gems. Two of which are good for multiball; time and reality gem. For space, like i said. Much more difficult with multiple balls flying around.

When you think about it, while you're playing wouldn't it be a good idea regardless to complete the vast majority of the % for both gauntlet/monument multiball before you start a gem mode??? If reality or time gem pops up, to me that's an extreme bonus, because I damn well know that guarantees me a gem in either of those modes.

If it don't happen, you get one of the multiball options, which then gives you the option to unlock the other... and you can just ride it out for points grinding. Not a bad way to go about it if you ask me.

It certainly forces you to be better when those multiball options pop up, and it absolutely helps you when certain gem modes pop up.

I dunno about you, but i absolutely HATE when the monument gate is there. I destroy that ASAP personally, because with that gate up, it closes my ramp combo options, and with it up it certainly closes my options to start a gem mode. With that gate up, you only have the left ramp, and right ramp to bumpers (upper right flipper) to start gem modes. With that gate down in the center, those options open up and make it MUCH easier (at least for me) to combo.

I dunno. Guess I've got a different perspective on this board than others. But I fucking hate that middle gate... I never want it to be closed. It's my #1 priority to get rid of ASAP whenever i play the table, and certainly my #1 priority to get rid of after i complete every successive monument multiball. It's never any fun when you have 7+ hits to get rid of that gate. The way I see it.... that's 7 chances of me hitting that gate with the bottom flippers and the ball draining STRAIGHT down the pipe. Hint... use the upper left flipper to hit the gate
    Last edited by DarkKodiaK; 07-04-2012 at 01:20 AM. Reason: derp!

Mind gem use to be a problem for me, but now I have no problem completing that mode. Space gem was my main pain in the butt to complete. Even on the past 2 big games i had where i hit big on the leader boards, I had to start the space gem mode 3 times before I got the gem. Once was from half of the universe mode, other time I just had to flat out do it.

It's much easier to get when the "random" shots are the more easier shots. Like the left gauntlet shot, then hit a spinner to open the gate. Or shoot straight up the middle, hit the left orbit to open the gate. Where I get into trouble is when they make you open the gate with the shot into the mistress hole.

But now I'm much better at hitting those shots for the space gem. Now for me all the gem modes are pretty easy once you know what to do. Space gem still snags me from time to time, and once in a while the mind gem screws me up...but that's just to due to me being a bit dumb and trying to make impossible shots and then draining a ball, which then another ball drains and the mode ends quickly.

Either way.

This table is bar none my favorite table in the entire game.. Also, I think you're right. Once you get both giveback lanes, then you activate the gauntlet saver. It stays there until you use it.... With that said, I make every bounceback available to me, even in multiball.... so I dunno.

Managed to complete my Guide btw just over 4000 words, should help those you haven't got to grips with Infinity Gauntlet etc.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I was wondering why the guides are never posted in the forums as the community used to do, allowing for corrections and additions by the rest of the users.

Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    I was wondering why the guides are never posted in the forums as the community used to do, allowing for corrections and additions by the rest of the users.
    Well I write 'em out in word then convert them to PDF. It makes it easier if the viewer wants to Download or Print, doh this idea is interesting.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Red face Like this table!!

Hey I just wanted to register and say that while the review I read said that this table was gimmicky I really like it. I really can't believe that this table is designed by the FF table as I loathe that one. (Hitting the Baxter building and the mission hole is too hard). Anyways, I was able to get #137 on the 360 version with 147m. Ok maybe I just came here to gloat, but looking at these other scores posted make me feel insecure! Ok ramblings aside, this is a great table, and I just wanted to say thanks!

Edit: I just want to also say the only thing I was missing on the table was Mephisto did I not get far enough or was the character not seen as important enough to put on the board somehow?
    Last edited by Ferazel; 07-05-2012 at 04:35 AM.

Default Wizard mode scoring

What exactly effects the scoring in wizard mode if anything does? It seems like some jackpots will display in different ways than others. I have done the wizard mode a few times and it seems like the points available have been different. With the jackpots sometimes it will display a value over every ball and sometimes only on the ball that hit the jackpot I think. I need to go check YouTube I guess to see if someone has done a video.

Quote Originally Posted by BPestZ View Post
    What exactly effects the scoring in wizard mode if anything does? It seems like some jackpots will display in different ways than others. I have done the wizard mode a few times and it seems like the points available have been different. With the jackpots sometimes it will display a value over every ball and sometimes only on the ball that hit the jackpot I think. I need to go check YouTube I guess to see if someone has done a video.
    The scores are time related in the wizard mode. The quicker you are, the higher the points you get

I wanted to thank and congratulate designer 'deep' for making such an awesome table, it's easily one of my favourites!
    Keep up the good work!
    PSN: DreamyElf

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    I wanted to thank and congratulate designer 'deep' for making such an awesome table, it's easily one of my favourites!
    Keep up the good work!
    Thank you very much! I am so happy there are many of you like my tables
    I appreciate it! My next table is going to be the most complex so far, I hope you will enjoy it

I appreciate it! My next table is going to be the most complex so far, I hope you will enjoy it
    Wow! already looking forward to it

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Oh man don't tease us. Do Tell......

IG may not be my favorite of the bunch. It's one of the better tables and do enjoy it over many of the original Marvel tables. I'd be interested to see what you have in store for the next table be it a zen original or Marvel.

I have not played Infinity Gauntlet much (and that is not by choice I can promise you!) but I am amazed of how much of the finer details that you have elaborated on throughout this thread is build into each table... it just make me look so much more forward to when I have the chance to play the table again. Can't wait for your new table... I really like how you (and your collogues) have now more or less refined the art of making the tables accessible for newer players but still complex and challenging enough for more experienced players. The balance of the scoring for missions and modes is also now much of an improvement. These issues was the things I hoped for most once I started getting seriously into FX 2. As somebody else said... keep up the good work (and the excellent feedback and insight that you give on your table)

I retract myself
    time gem is definitely the easiest one, the soul gem's magnets can be a little tricky at times (still pretty doable though)

This table is hit or miss with me. I have a bad habit of starting and restarting if I don't begin well (with any table really).

But when I do get a good run (only one real great one for my standards when I got to Wizard Wizard mode and lost ~450m) it gets really fun for Infinity Gauntlet. Basically keep the ball in play for a good while in a turn and the extra balls will roll in with the various mode payoffs. The stacking is ridiculous and the random mission selections keeps everything up in the air. I can't imagine what deep has that is deeper...I just wonder if it's the non-marvel Pop-Cap game Barbie keeps 'ole'ing us with. ZP2 can't come fast enough so I can finally start delving into some of the non Marvel tables (wow my fingers will be asking old questions then)... I just wonder if physics will update across the board...I tried the Zen Pinball demo once or twice but just couldn't get past the blockyness and unresponsiveness after playing only Marvel Pinball for months.
    PSN: Loc_Dog_ (feel free 2 add, mention ZP2 or these forums if you will! )
    Wizarded on ZP2: Avengers, Infinity Gauntlet, Captain America, Plants vs Zombies, Ghost Rider, X-MEN, Epic Quest, Sorcerer's Lair, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Blade, Paranormal

Quote Originally Posted by Loc_Dog_ View Post
    I have a bad habit of starting and restarting if I don't begin well (with any table really).
    i do that too, very often sometime

Quote Originally Posted by Loc_Dog_ View Post
    I just wonder if physics will update across the board...I tried the Zen Pinball demo once or twice but just couldn't get past the blockyness and unresponsiveness after playing only Marvel Pinball for months.
    They will! I played a lot of the Vita version at E3 and it's way smoother.

In less than an hour I manage to play through to and complete the Wizard mode and my score was close to 1 Bill all on ball 1. I then thought lets give it a bit of a break and see if I can smash the current record. After my break I managed to play for about 2 hours and only improved my score with 500mil struggling through to the Wizard mode again and for some or other reason not being able to hit the damn centre ramp/stairs. I don't know how many points you get for completing the Wizard mode, but that should have been added to my score. Then I managed to lose my ball 2.3 and ball 3 for just about nothing because I was going for another extra ball with the silver surfer, rather than playing to get a gem. Ah well... nerves got the better of me again, I just can't ever seem to compete for the number 1 spot

I do like the table though but for some or other reason the stacking of modes doesn't seem to work so well as on Fantastic 4. I think it is most probably the the layout not lending itself to open play as much as Fantastic 4. Each time a multi-ball is active during one of the missions it just feels confusing rather than helpful. Anyway... I still prefer having the stackable modes rather than not. I also like the scoring balance on this table, it feels like there is due award for the amount of time you put into things (unlike e.g. hulk where the Arena scores a pittance).

My approach to the table that seems to work well for me is to activate the Silver surfer 2 or three times as soon as the game starts to get the first extra ball and to build your score to 50mil plus. After your second or third silver surfer (depending on how well you play it) the mistress award is also lit. I then play through all the missions as efficiently as possible, through the mini wizard mode and then usually I have 2 - 3 gem missions still left to complete. I then complete them as efficiently as possible and only start half of the universe mode once the easier missions are completed because it will be a waste to be awarded a gem for one of the easier missions rather than the two difficult ones (upside down and reverse flipper). The half the universe mode is usually also good to complete your multipliers (and an extra ball). Then onto the wizard mode... I don't think you can really play that according to a plan other than trying to hit up the right ramp and through the spinners and keeping the balls alive until you can shoot up the middle. Craziness It is too much effort to keep the kickbacks active... on Fantastic 4 e.g. my strategy is all about having the kickbacks and NZ ball saver active, but on this table I kinda take it as it comes as the table is quite friendly with regards to not losing balls down the outlanes.

Told ya this is an awesome table Cloda

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Haven't played this table since release. I've been nostly Playing Fear Itself every time I fire up Marvel Pinball.

Anyway Was trying to get the feel of the table before the tourney starts. Definitely and interesting table and slowly creeping up the list on my top 10 tables. Wont surpass FI though.

1. Fear Itself
    2. Thor
    3. X-Men
    4. Infinity Gauntlet
    5. Fantastic 4
    6. Avengers
    7. Moon Knight
    8. Captain America
    9. World War Hulk
    10. Iron Man

Aaaah, the Silver Surfer ride the surfboard shot/mode. This is my favorite single shot out of ANY table. Just so satisfying, even though it is so simple in what it is. Curious, on this table when you hear, "Thanos, unhand my comrade", is that Surfer's voice? The voice matches him perfectly. Anyhow, riding the surfboard mode is such a brilliant concept. Deep is the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    Aaaah, the Silver Surfer ride the surfboard shot/mode. This is my favorite single shot out of ANY table. Just so satisfying, even though it is so simple in what it is. Curious, on this table when you hear, "Thanos, unhand my comrade", is that Surfer's voice? The voice matches him perfectly. Anyhow, riding the surfboard mode is such a brilliant concept. Deep is the shit.
    I like it too I can't remember exactly how the idea came, but it was a glorious moment indeed

The "Thanos, unhand my comrade" line is from the Silver Surfer. He says it when Thanos captures him in the Time Gem mode.

Deep you flawlessly designed the Infinity Gauntlet. It is by far my favorite. In fact, its my favorite table of all of the Zen tables as of right now. Great job on it.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

I've been thinking about this in the past couple of days.

You know when you beat the Time Gem mode? the silver surfer turns his body to the side and shoots 1 final energy blast towards Thanos.

I like to think with the surfer's left hand, he's giving Thanos the middle finger once he takes the gem from him after he shoots him.

Once you read this post, and then complete the mode and look at the surfer as he's flying away after that one blast. Try to tell me he's NOT giving thanos the Finger as he surfs away to the bottom left corner of your screen.

Just saying......

Cool That's exactly what I thought

Even the music for the extra ball you win in the sweepstakes is super cool. Kudos to whoever composed/picked that out.
    The tune that's played when you light the Extra Ball and when you hit the Extra Ball target make all the tough times worth it!

Question BarbieBobomb, was Vita ZP2 pinball Amazing?

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    They will! I played a lot of the Vita version at E3 and it's way smoother.
    What Tables did you play? Can you turn it vertically?

Quote Originally Posted by theRonlyConly97 View Post
    Yes, you can play ZP2 in vertical mode.

Quote Originally Posted by theRonlyConly97 View Post
    Yes, you can turn it vertically! I played pretty much all of what was on the test kit, I think all of the tables were there if I remember correctly I played each table for a couple minutes each just to see how it looked, I mostly played Avengers and Paranormal though. I played quite a bit of KickBeat too, it's a blast, but I am TERRIBLE at it!

Deep is the shit.
    I think I'm going to make a crown for Deep that says that... LOL

Cool I can hardly wait

[QUOTE=BarbieBobomb;30433]Yes, you can turn it vertically! I played pretty much all of what was on the test kit, I think all of the tables were there if I remember correctly I played each table for a couple minutes each just to see how it looked, I mostly played Avengers and Paranormal though. I played quite a bit of KickBeat too, it's a blast, but I am TERRIBLE at it.

I wish that I could turn my T.V. vertically.

Thanks for that

That would be the dopest thing eva lol

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Question.

Hitting the bumpers after playing a gem mission harvest souls for half of the universe multiball. Sometimes keeping the ball up there is difficult other times it seems like there is a magnet keeping the ball from going down the surfboard. Why is That?

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Hitting the bumpers after playing a gem mission harvest souls for half of the universe multiball. Sometimes keeping the ball up there is difficult other times it seems like there is a magnet keeping the ball from going down the surfboard. Why is That?
    You're question has been answered in another thread.

If you complete the gem mission a magnet will turn.

You're question has been answered in another thread.

If you complete the gem mission a magnet will turn.
    Ah ok only if you complete it. that's all I needed to know.

Default deathsave (bangback)

I know you don't have to do this, but I did it for fun just the same: Bangback (death save) during Reality Gem mission Was pretty cool. And I think this was the table I did a double deathsave on as well. during a multiball, down to 2 balls, one down the drain (under the flippers but not all the way in the drain hole) and the other down the outlane, they both met together under the right flipper, and I popped both of them back onto the table. My 8 yr old saw it.. it was epic. Wish I had a video of it.
    Check out my youtube videos for basic pinball strategies: caperUnderscore26

Quote Originally Posted by caper_26 View Post
    I know you don't have to do this, but I did it for fun just the same: Bangback (death save) during Reality Gem mission Was pretty cool. And I think this was the table I did a double deathsave on as well. during a multiball, down to 2 balls, one down the drain (under the flippers but not all the way in the drain hole) and the other down the outlane, they both met together under the right flipper, and I popped both of them back onto the table. My 8 yr old saw it.. it was epic. Wish I had a video of it.
    OMG dude thats EPIC! funny enough I was on Holiday in France last week and found an Arcade which had Terminator 3, Avatar & Cyclone Pinball Machines... was playing Avatar and the Ball went down the Left Outlane... Lifted my Left Flipper up, then proceeded to nudge the Table Right to Up and to my surprise the Ball came up from the centre.

I was like WOAH! I JUST PERFORMED A DEATH SAVE IN THE REAL WORLD!!!

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

that is freaking sweet. Did you use your leg or open hand? I have never played a real table since I was a kid, ignorantly batting the ball around. Would like to now that I have everything I learned from ZP & Marvel.
    Check out my youtube videos for basic pinball strategies: caperUnderscore26

And who says video games don't teach you anything?! LOL!

I think it was a bit of both, Think I knocked it more with my opened hand.

Dam right Barbs; Vid Games do teach alot but the masses will always think it doesn't.. shame really.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by caper_26 View Post
    that is freaking sweet. Did you use your leg or open hand? I have never played a real table since I was a kid, ignorantly batting the ball around. Would like to now that I have everything I learned from ZP & Marvel.
    i use to use my leg to bash the tables. Until one day i made the mistake of doing so while playing Taxi once... I didn't realize that the table was pushed up against the back wall so there was no "give" on smashing the front of the table with my knee/leg.

last time i ever tried that with my leg.

I was like WOAH! I JUST PERFORMED A DEATH SAVE IN THE REAL WORLD!!!
    I wish I could do that with the local machines, but the machines are prompt up to the wall and the back boxes are touching each other.

i use to use my leg to bash the tables. Until one day i made the mistake of doing so while playing Taxi once... I didn't realize that the table was pushed up against the back wall so there was no "give" on smashing the front of the table with my knee/leg.

last time i ever tried that with my leg.
    OMG TAXI I love that Table to bits, oh we are getting off topic lol.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

OMG TAXI I love that Table to bits, oh we are getting off topic lol.
    it's my favorite RL table and i will happily give my left nut to own one in mint condition

it's my favorite RL table and i will happily give my left nut to own one in mint condition
    A Man after my own Heart lol.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

LOL. Or get him one that says Deep is Dope. Or just Deep Dope.

Default EOB Bonus guide

For starters, if anyone wants to see the final mode, but is having too difficult of a time on the regular setting, so ahead and switch it to the Very Easy presets. The table is ridiculously easy on that setting; some modes just require 1 hit to succeed. Anyways...

EOB Bonus guide.

Multipliers are increased by spelling HERO via the targets near the middle of the table. Each multipliers raised also gives you a hero/ball save for the Half of the Universe multiball. Reaching 10x gives you an extra ball.

Base bonus
    50,000 points per ball
    Default bonus

Infinity Gem Mode
    100,000 points per mode entered per ball

Mistress Impressed
    10,000 per combo shot that impresses Death per ball

Surfing bonus
    10,000 points per trip down the Silver Surfers surfboard per ball

Uatu Bonus
    50,000 points per Uatu mode started per ball

Built Monument
    50,000 points for each time the monument is built, per ball

Destroyed Monument
    50,000 points for each time the monument is destroyed, per ball

Commentary - this seems to be a rather low scoring bonus, and on it's own probably isn't worth the hassle. Main reason to consider raising the multipliers is just to get the extra ball. Extra ball saves for the HOTU multiball may be beneficial (I was actually starting that mode too fast on very easy, so the heroes never built up, so my experience with this may not be accurate)
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

Did something this weekend that I thought I wouldn't be able do, and that's beat the table (heck, I didn't think I'd ever be able to reach Warlock Frenzy).

Somewhat bittersweet. I had already activated the Warlock Frenzy twice (failing both times) when I was 1 gem away and sitting at 850 million. Was thinking that I may not be able to beat the table, but I had a shot at 1 billion. 3rd time was the charm, actually locking the final ball and completing it with 15 seconds left. So now I'm around 940 million.

I've also managed to win an extra ball from the Kiss of Death jackpot, so I can now attempt to get more extra balls. Namely, via the Powershot; I was only 1 hit away.

I'm on my last ball, and all I really need to do is just activate the gem missions to enter the Thanos Frenzy again, which should net me 40 million points, which would end up getting me to the 1 billion.

Unfortunately, one of the first ones I get is the Power Gem which is the only unsafe one that you can't intentionally fail. I botch a shot up the right ramp, but I get lucky and it somehow rolls underneath and activates the kickback. I'm about 3 bumper hits away from the multiball but my luck runs out; another botched ramp shot goes down the middle.

962 million. Don't think I have the energy to try that again.

I must say, after playing this table again thoroughly for the past 3 weeks, it's a really, really well designed table, something that is easy to overlook, IMO, due to some of the unique modes the table has. Most tables when I play them like that I start to nitpick at and criticize to pieces. I really didn't get that vibe playing this; there are a few things, but much less compared to other tables that I've played into the ground.

In particular, the Gauntlet diverter was an excellent idea, and ideas like it need to find their way into more tables. The table is to extent a mission spam, but the diverter puts you into the other mini modes, and those modes are worth doing.
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12