Thread: How did you react when falling upon the new forum look ?

Default How did you react when falling upon the new forum look ?

I was very surprised with this complete remake of the forum, I'm shocked ! I need to get used to it...

How do you feel about that everyone ?

This should go in General Discussion, but anyways, I miss the dark style. I hope they make one soon.

It is a step in the right direction... all we need now is proper sub-forums (https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...465-Sub-Forums)
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

I thought the site was hacked or had lost its data and was a backup. In any case the white theme has to go. Its migraine inducing and also extremely ugly.

I generally prefer dark backgrounds, but on the other hand I really didn't like the emoticons against the dark background, because they were anti-aliased against a white background, and thus appeared horribly jaggy. If they ever go back to a dark theme, I hope they fix the emoticons.

I reacted more strongly to the ssl certificate errors, I hope they fix that soon; it really makes the site appear unprofessional.

"There is a problem with this website's security certificate"
    yeah I thought it had been hacked or taken down. IE still shows this message every time. It relay needs sorting.

Quote Originally Posted by satch View Post
    "There is a problem with this website's security certificate"
    yeah I thought it had been hacked or taken down. IE still shows this message every time. It relay needs sorting.
    It was seeing that message that kept me away from the forums for 24 hours as I thought exactly the same thing!

We're working on the security issue notice! That should go away very shortly. Please let us know if you encounter any other problems since the update.

I personally don't mind it, but I guess I hear what others are saying though!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Yeh I too liked the black layout, hey it would be awesome if Zen do a cool banner and wallpaper to dress up the sides of the forums.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    We're working on the security issue notice! That should go away very shortly. Please let us know if you encounter any other problems since the update.
    No problems on my end, but can I suggest having a few skins to choose from? I personally like this skin, but others prefer the black background one. It would be nice to have a few choices.

Please let us know if you encounter any other problems since the update.
    Twice now since the update, I've seen all my not-fully-read threads get marked as read, without having actually read them.

Default my thoughts

paint it black

I thought it was bugged / being updated and this was temp?

It looks extremely dull and generic and the new topics/posts are far too subtle now.

I really will miss the dark theme if this is staying.
    My Youtube channel I have started, Playthroughs, game chatter - that sort of thing

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNDpP...el_video_title

The new forum looks generic and unprofessional compared to the previous forum. It's putting the hurt on my eyes.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by muffin mang View Post
    The new forum looks generic and unprofessional compared to the previous forum. It's putting the hurt on my eyes.
    I agree. Black is much easier on the eyes. And this looks just like The Pinball Arcade's forums.
    Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 06-24-2012 at 04:30 AM.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

i don't like it , i prefer black layout , we should have the option to choose.
    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

The new forum look is ok for me, but I want the security certificate errors to be fixed.
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

I'm still getting warnings in chrome about unsecure (red screen) content about the new forum. Don't know why.

Its kinda like buying a pizza with no toppings.
    Or cheese, or even a splash of sauce. Very plain.

Quote Originally Posted by Be4u View Post
    Its kinda like buying a pizza with no toppings.
    Or cheese, or even a splash of sauce. Very plain.
    Isn't that a flat-bread?

I also think dark backgrounds are much better for the eyes... and the old design had more style...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
    I'm still getting warnings in chrome about unsecure (red screen) content about the new forum. Don't know why.
    It's because they're using a self-signed certificate rather than one issued by a 3rd-party certificate authority. There's nothing you can do about it, beyond clicking "ignore", and hope they fix it soon.

It's pretty safe to "ignore" in this case, the only "secure" info you're sending is your password and email addr. But I'd recommend NOT using the same password you use on other sites.

Quote Originally Posted by bclewis View Post
    Twice now since the update, I've seen all my not-fully-read threads get marked as read, without having actually read them.
    Third time now...

Quote Originally Posted by bclewis View Post
    1.) It could be a caching problem. Try clicking on "mark all read", this should reset the cache.

2.) It also could be the forum's refresh timer. Once you enter into the forum, you got about 30-60 minutes before it refreshes and everything is marked as read.
    Last edited by shogun00; 06-25-2012 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    1.) It could be a caching problem. Try clicking on "mark all read", this should reset the cache.

2.) It also be the forum's refresh timer. Once you enter into the forum, you got about 30-60 minutes before it refreshes and everything is marked as read.
    Hmm, but I don't want them all to be marked read if I haven't read them. From what you say about the timer, it sounds like this is supposed to be a "feature" (and maybe I just never noticed before, because I stayed more caught-up with all the threads).

Question Certificate problem.

The certification issue could be scaring away potential new people to the forum.
    I'll miss the old look of the forums: it was unique enough for Zen to call it thier own whereas this present style looks like any other forum... and yes I too would prefer the darker style.
    Barbie, is this a work in progress or should we be getting used to the present look?

TBH this should be in general as it isn't specific to PBFX or XBOX.

The forum now looks as generic as can be , i guess it's a transition till the new look and features are ready to be implemented !

Not a fan. This white **** kills me. Please, when convenient, go back to the old color scheme. In the meantime, thank you for continuing to make whoop ass tables.

Thanks for the input everyone! We should have the security warning issue corrected in the next few days and we're working on background color options, I'll let you know when those become available

Yay, security/certificate issue is finally fixed!

Thanks, Zen

Thanks for the input everyone! We should have the security warning issue corrected in the next few days and we're working on background color options, I'll let you know when those become available
    Cool hope we get some kickass background options Barbs are we getting a new forum Banner as well?

*Edit - Yey that the Security Certificate Error is gone, but when I open a Thread I still get the "Do you want to only view the secured data?" msg which is a bit tedious.*
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 06-28-2012 at 05:03 PM.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Cool

I like it better than the old style.

I must say, I prefer Black with White text rather than the inverse which it is now. That said, people should be allowed to have a choice of at least two contrasting skins.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Cool hope we get some kickass background options Barbs are we getting a new forum Banner as well?

*Edit - Yey that the Security Certificate Error is gone, but when I open a Thread I still get the "Do you want to only view the secured data?" msg which is a bit tedious.*
    Not sure if we'll get a new banner or not, but they are working on having background color options for those of you who don't like the blinding white

Not sure if we'll get a new banner or not, but they are working on having background color options for those of you who don't like the blinding white
    Thanks for the responce, more options is always a good thing so I can't complain or can I?

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Please change to black background with white text. Soon. The forum in its current state is truly a chore to peruse. Especially when you first get up in the morning and everything else is still dark. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by UranusIsBroken View Post
    Please change to black background with white text. Soon. The forum in its current state is truly a chore to peruse. Especially when you first get up in the morning and everything else is still dark. LOL
    I don't mind them adding a couple more skins (that's what they are called), but please don't get rid of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I don't mind them adding a couple more skins (that's what they are called), but please don't get rid of this one.
    Working on having a few options (including this skin) for you guys, just sit tight.