The ability to save a pinball game is a bit antithetical to the true pinball experience. However, I have had a quite a few marathon games crash on me after resuming the game after pausing it. If I am playing a game that goes over 30 minutes, I usually will take a break to stretch, get a drink, bite to eat, etc. My iPad will usually go into "sleep" mode during this time. When I come back to the game, I "slide to unlock" my ipad and sometimes my game will crash here. Other times, after unlocking it will bring me back to the pause screen on the zen app. The app seems to act sluggishly here with inputs not registering or registering slowly. When I press the play button to resume my game it will sometimes crash immediately, or sometimes I notice it will crash immediately after the popup stating that I am logged back into game center. But other times the game resumes fine or maybe with a temporary slight drop in framerate.

I am not sure if the console versions have a save feature or how prone games are to crashing, but this would be a very welcome feature on iOS. Maybe some kind of auto-save after pausing the game so you don't lose your entire progress if the app crashes on you. The worst thing about the crashing is I only take breaks after playing for quite some time. This usually means I have a pretty good score going. When it crashes, I want to throw my iPad across the room. Please save my iPad from that grievous fate and give her that save feature. Thanks.