Thread: Fantastic Four table download timeout

Exclamation Fantastic Four table download timeout

hi, i've just purchased the new fantastic four table, and when i try to download i get stuck at 0% and after some time i get timeout message. Does anyone have idea what is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by krsman View Post
    hi, i've just purchased the new fantastic four table, and when i try to download i get stuck at 0% and after some time i get timeout message. Does anyone have idea what is going on?
    Yip, this just happened to me too. Paid the £1.49 then the download stalls at 0% then times out. Looking for some guidance.

Default me too

Yep, they must be having server issues this morning.

I am also having trouble downloading. Granted I'm using public transit at the moment. Kinda a bummer really. This is the day we've all been waiting for!

Still no joy. Instead of 'time-out' message though i'm now getting 'unable to download the table.The operation couldn't be completed. Bad file descriptorrk' message.

Granted I have every IOS and 360 downloads so far and have never had a problem downloading to either device, but any chance of an update/explanation from Zen in terms of whats gone wrong and when I will be able to download? Also looking for clarificaion that i wont have to pay again.

Thanks

KickBeaten Down

We might have more than one problem to fix - hold on. And no, you will not be billed more than once as long as you don't try to get it using multiple accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    We might have more than one problem to fix - hold on. And no, you will not be billed more than once as long as you don't try to get it using multiple accounts.
    Thanks, i'll try again later - the message has reverted to the 'timed out' one if that's any help

KickBeaten Down

Hmmm...I was able to download and run it on two devices just a few minutes ago.

Strange, i just tried again and same thing is happening, stuck at 0%

KickBeaten Down

I just uninstalled and reinstalled, had the F4 download stick at 0% for a few seconds, but it downloaded after that. Have you updated to 1.4?

Strange indeed. I tried again and like the other post its still not advancing beyond 0% until the 'bad descriptorrk' message appears again. Am i doing anything wrong by simply double tapping on the greyed out icon? Should i be doing something else?

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by Santacruz View Post
    Strange indeed. I tried again and like the other post its still not advancing beyond 0% until the 'bad descriptorrk' message appears again. Am i doing anything wrong by simply double tapping on the greyed out icon? Should i be doing something else?
    No, that should work - have you updated to version 1.4?

I just uninstalled and reinstalled, had the F4 download stick at 0% for a few seconds, but it downloaded after that. Have you updated to 1.4?
    I have updated to 1.4. I haven't updated to latest Itunes 5.1.1 though if that's any help

KickBeaten Down

I have updated to 1.4. I haven't updated to latest Itunes 5.1.1 though if that's any help
    Shouldn't be an issue - neither have I, although I am now to test it out.

i did, but i am reinstalling as we speak... hopefully this will resolve the issue...

okay just to confirm that reinstall downloaded all tables without problem. must be some issue with upgrading process, you should check what is going there.
    Last edited by krsman; 06-28-2012 at 12:58 PM.

KickBeaten Down

If you're having trouble, please manually close the app and run it again. It shouldn't be necessary to reinstall, although that will work too.

If you're having trouble, please manually close the app and run it again. It shouldn't be necessary to reinstall, although that will work too.
    Ok, sorry to be pain but i tried deleting the app then doing a full reinstall and now i only have Sorcerors Lyer coloured, all the others which i've bought, are greyed out . When i tap on the other tables i'm being asked if i want to buy them again. will it charge me if i do, it looks like it might.

(That'd be Sorcerors LAIR ... not some guy who doesn't tell the truth)
    Last edited by Santacruz; 06-28-2012 at 01:09 PM.

i did closed the app but that was no help. Also, want to appoint few other issues i came around since upgrade. When i pressed refresh purchases button inside app, some tables downloaded without problems, but at some tables i got some strange error, almost debug error, then i decided to download those manually but when i clicked to tables icon i got notified to buy them again together with price, i hit cancel an tried on otHer ones, same thing happened. Finally i've decided to try wih refresh button again and got them installed.

i think that switich from forum to app made that error to happen, so i suggest to check part when someone minimize app during download.

hope this helps a bit. Btw. <3 new AA gfx

KickBeaten Down

Ok, sorry to be pain but i tried deleting the app then doing a full reinstall and now i only have Sorcerors Lyer coloured, all the others which i've bought, are greyed out . When i tap on the other tables i'm being asked if i want to buy them again. will it charge me if i do, it looks like it might.

(That'd be Sorcerors LAIR ... not some guy who doesn't tell the truth)
    To restore all your tables, you can press the shopping cart icon at the bottom right on the main menu, or you can just go through the buy process again (it will not charge you a second time, even though it asks if you are sure you want to purchase it - after you hit OK, it will recognize that you've bought it already and give you a message to that effect).

To restore all your tables, you can press the shopping cart icon at the bottom right on the main menu, or you can just go through the buy process again (it will not charge you a second time, even though it asks if you are sure you want to purchase it - after you hit OK, it will recognize that you've bought it already and give you a message to that effect).
    Thats it sorted! thanks for your time and patience

Thats it sorted! thanks for your time and patience
    no joy for me, stuck on zero and then timing out. Have upgraded to new version. Will try again in morning

Default Same issue

I have installed the 1.4 update, closed and reopened the app, and I still get the timing out message when trying to download FF table... Help! Thanks. Should I reinstall the app? Something else?

I downloaded the new update and then bought the new table this morning. Both went smoothly for me on my ipad 1.

I am happy to see that the camera view issue has been resolved. It now correctly saves your preferred camera view again.

I will spend some time trying to nudge to see if that has improved.

The one problem I have noticed so far, my epic quest stats were deleted AGAIN! The first time it happened was when i deleted and reinstalled the app to fix the apple login bug. My level was in the 50s then. Now with this update, i lost my stats again and i was in the 70s. I absolutely refuse to do the level grinding again. I am done with this table.

Is it possible for us to get patch notes for the latest update? A list of bug fixes would be appreciated.

Same thing happening to me. Will not download no matter what I do. Tried removing the app, reinstalling and downloading but still not working.

It keeps saying 'Network connection lost' which isn't true as I'm on my ipad via wifi and its got 3G too.

Oh the joy of being a beta tester!

Update: using Wifi I get 3 different messages. 'Network Connection Lost' 'unknown error' and an 'authentication' error.

If I turn off Wifi and use 3G I get 'there was an authentication error with the table' every single time.

My wifi is fine as I've downloaded other apps today and my 3G is working as I'm connected on it ow posting this.
    Last edited by Coffee_n_Donuts; 06-28-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Same problem here. Always getting the same message "Unknow error, please try again.". Need a fix that doesn't evolve deleting the app. I have many hours of play in this game and I don't want to lose my top 10 local high scores and my progress in epic quest. Losing this would be a game breaker for me. Is there a way to backup and restore high scores and progress in epic quest using iexplorer?

Note: Using the new iPad (iOS version 5.1.1)
    Last edited by pacmanreis; 06-28-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Hang in there everyone, we're working on a fix! I'll update you as soon as I can.

I was able to download the table after deleting the app. Restored my local scores with backup of profile.dat that i made with iexplorer.

Quote Originally Posted by pacmanreis View Post
    I was able to download the table after deleting the app. Restored my local scores with backup of profile.dat that i made with iexplorer.
    How does one backup scores on profile please? Never tried it before. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrsunking View Post
    How does one backup scores on profile please? Never tried it before. Thanks.
    Use iexplorer to browse the files in your iOS device, and search for profile.dat file in the zen pinball folders.

Quote Originally Posted by pacmanreis View Post
    Use iexplorer to browse the files in your iOS device, and search for profile.dat file in the zen pinball folders.
    Can you do it using safari? If so, how? Thank you so much.

KickBeaten Down

Can you do it using safari? If so, how? Thank you so much.
    http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/

Just throwin out there that I'm still having trouble downloading. Tried several times throughout the day to no avail. :/ this really sucks guys. I've updated and I even still get the login bug...

EDIT: turning my phone off an on again seemed to work.
    Last edited by MisterOwl; 06-28-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterOwl View Post
    Just throwin out there that I'm still having trouble downloading. Tried several times throughout the day to no avail. :/ this really sucks guys. I've updated and I even still get the login bug...
    Can you be more specific? What device do you have? Is it giving you an error message?

Yep, error MSG changed to 'bad file descriptor' this morning. Turned iPad 2 completely off and on again, that did the trick. Fastest download I've seen so far, not counting the overnight wait to get it to start

KickBeaten Down

The problem many of you may be having is that the app with the old server data (loaded at startup) is still loaded in memory. Rebooting or force closing the app (not just turning off the screen or hitting Home to leave the app) should fix the problem.

I just tried it again and it worked fine this time. Downloaded straight away without any hitch. I didn't do anything differently, it just worked!

Just had a quick play. Like the table. Nice loops, looks good, sounds great!

Now please tell me you're going to release a Spiderman table to coincide with the new movie?

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee_n_Donuts View Post

Now please tell me you're going to release a Spiderman table to coincide with the new movie?
    We would, but our contract is somewhat complicated with regards to Spider-Man movie dates because of Sony owning the movie rights. It'll come out eventually.

Wish i knew that an update would wipe my stats. I would have saved backed up my stats.

All is now working as far as my ipad 2 is concerned. Also, to address the problem surf1der is having, (sorry if my soelling was a bit off friend), I downloaded the update but all my scores were retained. Did you mean uninstalling the app itself?

Sorry, meant "spelling"

All is now working as far as my ipad 2 is concerned. Also, to address the problem surf1der is having, (sorry if my soelling was a bit off friend), I downloaded the update but all my scores were retained. Did you mean uninstalling the app itself?
    Surprisingly, my local scores were saved but my epic quests stats (progressive ranking system that effects scoring) were wiped. This is the second time they have been wiped.

We would, but our contract is somewhat complicated with regards to Spider-Man movie dates because of Sony owning the movie rights. It'll come out eventually.
    ok, thanks for he update. Now how about an answer regarding the Epic Quest data deletion problem that's affecting people?

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Surprisingly, my local scores were saved but my epic quests stats (progressive ranking system that effects scoring) were wiped. This is the second time they have been wiped.
    I installed the update, which, after some tinkering by Zen, allowed me to get the FF table, but I also am now back at level 1 with Epic Quest. Bummer.

But I expect we will be happy when you have all the Marvel tables reduced to coincide with the film's release, like you did with the Avengers film