Thread: Marvel Pinball 3D Glitches

Default Marvel Pinball 3D Glitches

Just a few I've noticed during my first few hours of playtime.

Blade:
    The 'Ball Save' light seems to stay on even when the ball saver isn't active, so sometimes I'd panic, see the light, then relax thinking I had another chance, only to have it drain away.

The Fantastic Four:
    I CRASHED this table! WOO! Okay, so I'd pulled off the Human Torch event where the pinball had burst into flames and I'd completed the first Sign-Ramp shot for the Torch Multiball. Riiiight around this point, I screwed up and the ball drained, and I received the dot-matrix message "Shoot the Torch ramp to relight the ball." At the same time, I saw a huge pit of flames appear in the center of the table, and Mr. Fantastic reached in like he was going to pull out a pinball. Then... nothing. The hole closed, Mr. Fantastic looked confused pulling out no ball, and the Human Torch was floating, aflame, next to Ben Grimm. I could no longer tilt the table, there was no ball to launch, the flippers were still operable but otherwise there was simply no ball, so I had to reset.

Otherwise the tables are all a ton of fun and really neat, and I look forward to DLC of any variety on either Pinball 3D game.
    Last edited by AlgusUnderdunk; 06-28-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlgusUnderdunk View Post
    Just a few I've noticed during my first few hours of playtime.

Blade:
    The 'Ball Save' light seems to stay on even when the ball saver isn't active, so sometimes I'd panic, see the light, then relax thinking I had another chance, only to have it drain away.

The Fantastic Four:
    I CRASHED this table! WOO! Okay, so I'd pulled off the Human Torch event where the pinball had burst into flames and I'd completed the first Sign-Ramp shot for the Torch Multiball. Riiiight around this point, I screwed up and the ball drained, and I received the dot-matrix message "Shoot the Torch ramp to relight the ball." At the same time, I saw a huge pit of flames appear in the center of the table, and Mr. Fantastic reached in like he was going to pull out a pinball. Then... nothing. The hole closed, Mr. Fantastic looked confused pulling out no ball, and the Human Torch was floating, aflame, next to Ben Grimm. I could no longer tilt the table, there was no ball to launch, the flippers were still operable but otherwise there was simply no ball, so I had to reset.

Otherwise the tables are all a ton of fun and really neat, and I look forward to DLC of any variety on either Pinball 3D game.
    I don't know why I'm laughing hysterically. I guess its the way you explained it. I'm very sorry about your glitches. I was laughing at the Fantastic Four event. I hope its fixed in the future. I would hate for that to happen to anyone else.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

I just got that Fantastic Four bug as well. Quite nasty.

That was the first time I've seen that attempted by the table, as well. Has anyone managed to do it successfully?

I've done the Torch multiball, but what I think caused the crash was the firey pinball returning to being a normal pinball juuust as it was draining. That's my guess, anyway.

On Captian America today I had just activated the Red Skull multiball then hit the ball right into the captain American hold almost right at the same time. What happened while the multiball was going on was I had to pick a mission. It ended up being that dig quest. I some how completed it with the two balls then after it was done it went right into the multiball mission. Pretty crazy if you ask me!

I've had the Blade "Ball Save" light problem loads of times now. It doesn't make things harder or anything, but the dissapointement I feel when I realise that ball isn't being saved after all is horrible.
    http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab65/FreudianLemur/Youwanttoholdapigehsmall.jpg

I guess zen is being very lazy with their ports, not bothering to fix any of the bugs that have plagued the console versions. Many of the bugs listed in the stickied xbox table bugs thread have not been fixed for the ports to the mobile gaming platforms even though zen is supposedly aware of these issues. I guess it is better than nothing but don't expect a quick fix for any of these things. I have asked them to release patch notes with their updates but got no response.

I'm not so sure the Blade one ia a glitch. If its flashing then your ball is saved. If its just on I've noticed you lose that ball but get to shoot again. Its almost like another ball because you don't really lose one. At least that's what I noticed with the table!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    I'm not so sure the Blade one ia a glitch. If its flashing then your ball is saved. If its just on I've noticed you lose that ball but get to shoot again. Its almost like another ball because you don't really lose one. At least that's what I noticed with the table!
    I realised that just a few minutes ago and came rushing here to tell everyone. You beat me to it! Yeah, it seems to mean you have a new ball lined up. But I still find it irritating because a new ball's not as good as ball save 'cause it means you fail whatever mode you're in.
    http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab65/FreudianLemur/Youwanttoholdapigehsmall.jpg

That light is the extra ball ("shoot again") light.

Flashing Yellow = Ball Save
    Solid Yellow = You got an extra ball
    Last edited by shogun00; 07-02-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Now I'm angry (well, frustrated at least)! On Fantastic Four I had a score of 35 million (higher than my current high score, and a lot higher than I'm likely to acheive in a long time), I was on my first ball and I'd got an extra ball ready. I was defending the Baxter building from Doom when I lost the ball. Then the aforementioned glitch reared it's (incredibly) ugly head. Mr Fantastic reached into the vortex thing in the middle of the table and pulled out nothing. The Baxter building mission was still going on, with Doom attacking it periodically and the counter continuing to count down. When you run out of time on that mission, the ball is destroyed and a new one auto-launches, so I thought that if I waited till I ran out of time, it'd launch me a new ball, but no. So I was stuck with no ball. Quitting and resuming had no effect, so I had to abandon that score and start again. Really frustrating! Which is a pity, because I love this game.

I agree The Fantastic Four needs a patch right now! I'm afraid to play that board because the longer your game last the more of a chance you could get the glitch. I've had it happen to me once but it really didn't effect my game! I'm inclined to try to get the high score and just let all my balls drop so it registers but that's how the glitch can happen!

Banned

I agree The Fantastic Four needs a patch right now! I'm afraid to play that board because the longer your game last the more of a chance you could get the glitch. I've had it happen to me once but it really didn't effect my game! I'm inclined to try to get the high score and just let all my balls drop so it registers but that's how the glitch can happen!
    Haha, Tech are you playing and typing at the same time? I'm on my Friend List right now and it says you are currently playing the iron man table LOL.

I probably could on any other table but Iron Man that is lol. That table is very frustrating. Way to easy to lose your ball. It will be the bane of me!

I probably could on any other table but Iron Man that is lol. That table is very frustrating. Way to easy to lose your ball. It will be the bane of me!
    Hey Tech add me please. I already added you to my friends list.

I also had a good game on F4 over the weekend and I'm so happy that the extra ball I had didn't glitch out on me. That sucks that yours did. I hope its fixed in the future.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Heh, I'm not sure if I want you playing that board. I have a shot at first place on that table right now, and I'd like to actually be able to achieve it.

Quote Originally Posted by jothki View Post
    Heh, I'm not sure if I want you playing that board. I have a shot at first place on that table right now, and I'd like to actually be able to achieve it.
    Lol! Don't worry. I'm sticking to Iron man till I get the high score and not by just a bit but by at least double what second place is. I'm just starting to get the hang of it now. Ill move on to that table next but I fear ill have my work cut out for me by the time I get to it.

I have played only 6 games on that board and already in 20th place and its a very fun board and easy to score some points on

Just got the crash bug again, this time just after choose the Thing challenge with the Doombots but before hitting the Thing.

Default Another Game Ending Glitch

Last night I had the FF glitch and before draining it looked as of the ball actually jumped the left flipper. Weird.
    Also last night on Iron Man, after hitting I think the right lane diverted to the right rail the ball jumped the rail and came to a rest between the rail and the side of the cabinet. No amount of nudging could free the ball, so only course was to restart.
    So that's two of four tables that you could be on high score runs and have to quit.
    I hope the fact that there's been no official reply doesn't mean Zen never plans to fix these issues, ie the glitches in Zen 3D that have been pointed out and are still there. How long has that been now?
    I wouldn't hold my breath for any fixes. I hope I'm proved wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    Last night I had the FF glitch and before draining it looked as of the ball actually jumped the left flipper. Weird.
    Also last night on Iron Man, after hitting I think the right lane diverted to the right rail the ball jumped the rail and came to a rest between the rail and the side of the cabinet. No amount of nudging could free the ball, so only course was to restart.
    So that's two of four tables that you could be on high score runs and have to quit.
    I hope the fact that there's been no official reply doesn't mean Zen never plans to fix these issues, ie the glitches in Zen 3D that have been pointed out and are still there. How long has that been now?
    I wouldn't hold my breath for any fixes. I hope I'm proved wrong.
    The same thing happened to me on the Iron Man table but after about 10 seconds it reshot Out another ball. I've had that happen a number of times on the Zen tables where it shot out another ball. So far I don't really think Iron Man needs a fix but F4 definitely does.

the glitches in Zen 3D that have been pointed out and are still there.
    I've played all the Zen Pinball 3D tables to death now, and I've never had to restart a table due to one. I have had the ball get stuck etc, but the game always realised, or just a light nudge would fix it. I'd say those are due to the table design, rather than a glitch per se. But the FF glitch for example is definitely a glitch, and has caused me to lose a good high score, so that definitely needs fixing.

I have had problems with Shaman where the ball got stuck and no matter what I did it wouldn't come loose. I could even nudge the table as many times as I wanted but that was the only table I had that problem with from the Zen tables. Iron Man is fine just a really hard board to do much on at all!

Default Re Iron Man

No offense Tech, but of course just because it hasn't happened for you yet doesn't mean the glitch doesn't exist. I nudged the table forever and nothing came of it and had to restart.
    Also the ball gets stuck often on the left spinner most often on an auto relaunch. This always takes a nudge or two to free. Not a big deal the first time but by the second or third time on the same ball you cause a tilt freeing it, thus loss of ball. On long games it's not rare to lose at least one ball this way and I've lost two a couple of times.
    IMO Iron Man needs a fix. And if they could shut up Tony Stark I'd even pay extra for it. Kidding.
    It wasn't rare to lose a ball in Shaman due to the right kickback not registering.
    If Zen doesn't want to take the time to fix these issues I wish they'd add a ball reset like the call attendant on Pinball Arcade, though even that doesn't work all the time.
    Does anyone else find it weird that no one had responded to this forum and it's been up how long now? Where's Barbie?

When nudging didn't work, did you try just letting the game sit? If the ball goes off-field somehow and you don't touch the machine, it will start to take corrective measures. A real pinball machine would trigger everything in hopes of dislodging the ball before eventually giving up and giving you a new one, but the Zen machines just destroy the ball.

Of course, that only works if the ball is trapped by the physics, not if an event like the Negative Zone breaks.

Edit: Oh, beaten, I guess.

No offense Tech, but of course just because it hasn't happened for you yet doesn't mean the glitch doesn't exist.
    I think you should apologise to Tech101.
    And I'm not saying they don't exist, I'm just saying there's a difference between a glitch and poor table design, and that it seems a helluva lot more frequent on FF.

Default Re FreudianLemur

For what? I'm not sure I follow you.

Default Not alone I guess

I thought I'd go on here and let people know about some bugs I've found but it looks like I'm a bit late, lol. FF is really bad. And I can speak to the above issue and confirm that Iron Man is not fine. I've only had it happen one time but I have had a ball hung on the right orbit and could not bump it free.

Quote Originally Posted by FreudianLemur View Post
    I think you should apologise to Tech101.
    And I'm not saying they don't exist, I'm just saying there's a difference between a glitch and poor table design, and that it seems a helluva lot more frequent on FF.

LOL. No apology is necessary. If he feels like it needs a fix then obviously he has experienced a problem. I have had that exact same problem but I did get another ball after about 5 seconds. I've played about 5-6 hours on that board now and it does get stuck on the spinner from time to time but all I have to do is nudge it once and its out. Never had I nudged the table more then once to free it. That doesn't mean he hasn't had to more then once. Now I did here someone say that they switch their memory card to a 16 gig and it seems like the game runs much better. It pointed to that fact for Iron Man. I've got a class 10 8 gig and who knows maybe just maybe it does make a difference.

I personally still think it doesn't need fixing but who knows if that will remain the same!

Oh and for me the worst part of that whole table is the design. The party ramp and tower ramp really suck. They are so hard to get the ball up them sometimes. Also the targets for the multiball is in the worst spot. I've probably lost about 30% of my balls to that spot alone!

Oh and for me the worst part of that whole table is the design. The party ramp and tower ramp really suck. They are so hard to get the ball up them sometimes. Also the targets for the multiball is in the worst spot. I've probably lost about 30% of my balls to that spot alone!
    They're actually easy to hit with these strategies:

-Hit the party ramp with the butt of the right flipper.
    -Hit the tower ramp with the butt of the left flipper. If the ball comes back from the ramp, hold your left flipper. Both ramps are easier to hit with reversed shots.
    -Hit the targets with the very butt of the right flipper. If you have ball save activated, you can shoot those targets without to worry that much.

Has anyone reached Ultimo yet?
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

For what? I'm not sure I follow you.
    You disagreed with my post, but attributed it to Tech. Or you misunderstood Tech's post.
    That's all.

Banned

Ok ok, enough of the childish stuff. It's a forum everyone has a right of speech if that's an opinion or not. You both have a point Hunter328 and FreudianLemur. Maybe Tech's lucky and he doesn't get those glitches and Hunter is just proving a point. See no need to argue over something as small as a pebble.
    Last edited by LumaFan"); 07-05-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Does anyone else find it weird that no one had responded to this forum and it's been up how long now? Where's Barbie?
    Yesterday was a holiday, we were out of the office.

And I've said this before, even if I don't respond, that doesn't mean I didn't read your post. These are known issues but I will send this thread to the team to make sure they see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Oskari14 View Post
    They're actually easy to hit with these strategies:

-Hit the party ramp with the butt of the right flipper.
    -Hit the tower ramp with the butt of the left flipper. If the ball comes back from the ramp, hold your left flipper. Both ramps are easier to hit with reversed shots.
    -Hit the targets with the very butt of the right flipper. If you have ball save activated, you can shoot those targets without to worry that much.

Has anyone reached Ultimo yet?
    Thanks for that advice. Ill put it to good work here soon.

As for Ultimo. I've been so close twice. A few days ago I had all the Iron Man missions done. Earlier today I had all the Stark missions done and 3 of the Iron Man ones done all on my first ball. Problem was I lost my last two balls in a matter of least then 2 mins!! :-(

Quote Originally Posted by LumaFan") View Post
    You both have a point Hunter328 and FreudianLemur.
    I don't think we're really arguing. I was just pointing out that poor Tech101 got blamed for something I said.

Banned

I don't think we're really arguing. I was just pointing out that poor Tech101 got blamed for something I said.
    Don't worry! Things like this happen all the time on forums and threads. I know you guys didn't argue Add me anyone on the 3DS, I look forward to a challenge on Zen Pinball 3D and Marvel Pinball 3D. My fc 1633 4211 8833. I know I have you Kieran Added you Hunter, really looking forward to playing ya!
    Last edited by LumaFan"); 07-06-2012 at 04:40 AM.

Got a bug in Captain America today. I lost a ball during the second half of the Death Ray mission, and the "Deflect the Ray" or whatever message remained stuck on the bottom screen, blocking all other messages. This continued until I started another mission, with the shield appearing on the screen as usual but the possible missions not being shown, forcing me to choose one blindly. Once I did, the display went back to normal, with no further issues.

Quote Originally Posted by jothki View Post
    Got a bug in Captain America today. I lost a ball during the second half of the Death Ray mission, and the "Deflect the Ray" or whatever message remained stuck on the bottom screen, blocking all other messages. This continued until I started another mission, with the shield appearing on the screen as usual but the possible missions not being shown, forcing me to choose one blindly. Once I did, the display went back to normal, with no further issues.
    I ran into this glitch a few times on the PS3 version. It's a livable glitch though.

I just managed to simulataneously have Bucky save me and not save me. I got the caught you message, then the ball out message, then the ball automatically launched, and then the score tally screen displayed.

I've noticed balls getting airborne more than I remember in Zen 3D. Last night Dr Doom chucked one right over the flippers. He's always so angry!
    I did figure out what's happening when balls don't return from the Negative Zone. It's not a glitch, it's Annihulis. So more of a bug really.
    Oh yeah, anyone else ever had the Save The Baxter Building mode happen and the camera never go to the mini play field? I just kept hitting the flippers and actually won, but it's deffinately harder that way. Maybe the Super Skrull interfered.
    This table has so many cool hidden enemies!

Yep I had that glitch. I suck at doing that then alone not being able to see. I really love the Fantastic Four table but I worry every time the ball goes into that negative zone that its not coming out! I don't think my score will go down to easy now! A billion on that board might be a stretch because of that glitch!

I've had the ball jump when flipped a couple of times on Blade, but it's not affected my game yet.

Default On Iron Man

Whwn the Stock Market ramp diverts to the left I've noticed it's not unusual for the ball to fall out of the return ramp into the center of the table. While this is easy to recover from I've also had really hard shots rebound out and over the Whiplash pedestal directly into the outlane, which is a lost ball if the kickback isn't lit. Happened yesterday at the start of my 3rd ball when I was less than 1 mil from my top score.

Hi guys. I just registered, basically to add my voice to the others who want a patch to fix the game-breaking Negative Zone glitch on Fantastic Four. Hopefully it will come at the same time as the DLC, if not before, because this otherwise great table is pretty much unplayable until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Djister View Post
    Hi guys. I just registered, basically to add my voice to the others who want a patch to fix the game-breaking Negative Zone glitch on Fantastic Four. Hopefully it will come at the same time as the DLC, if not before, because this otherwise great table is pretty much unplayable until then.
    I still think its playable but it makes me nervous every time it goes into that negative zone! It happens to me about once every 25 or so times. I still think wifi being off helps to remedy this!

Btw welcome to the forums. We have a pretty good active crowd here. Well at least lumafan is pretty active! ;-)

anyone else got this stuck ball on iron man?
    http://youtu.be/j-RlwzecRVg

Yeah, that's happened a few times. Usually a light nudge fixes it for me (I don't even have to trigger a warning) but once, I had to wait for the game to give me a new ball. Not game breaking. Spinners have done that to me on other tables too, and I imagine it probably can happen with real life tables.

Spinners have done that to me on other tables too, and I imagine it probably can happen with real life tables.
    Yep! I had this happen to me on a real table a few times in the past.