Thread: Marvel Pinball 3D Feedback/Review Thread!

Banned

Post Marvel Pinball 3D Feedback/Review Thread!

I was one of the first people to go to the eShop today when it updated. My rating score for Marvel Pinball 3D 9.5/10. Although, the concept and everything is the same as Zen Pinball 3D, there's something that makes it feel new and completely different. Even the hardcore multi-million scorers out there will feel challenged with the new fresh tables.

Pros: 3D Effect, 4 fully featured tables, Gameplay physics work perfectly, Online leaderboards

Cons: Ultimately DLC for Zen Pinball 3D, Online multiplayer/ tournament features

I have yet to play all the tables, but Iron Man and Blade are the coolest ones so far. I would have liked a Spiderman table since a new movie is coming out, oddly it was left out with Fantastic 4 taking that place.

There were also some flipper glitches occasionally, this is actually my first time I experienced this with Zen's Pinball games or seen it happen. Hopefully that will get fixed, that could be an issue for some people. Ruining momentum or a great high score. At least it didn't result in me losing the ball, but it did happen enough that I could notice it.

This yet to be another hit from Zen Studios and I look forward to playing more of your games! Great Job! I recommend playing in 3D!

I would love to see Zen Studios take full use of Nintendo's features like, Miiverse and Nintendo Network too!
    Last edited by LumaFan"); 06-28-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Thanks Luma!

Banned

No problem! Did you guys change Iron Man's energy/core thing on his chest to a triangular shape? In the Avengers movie, they updated Iron Man with a new suit and a new core shape so I'm guessing Marvel helped with that?

I enjoyed it a great deal as well. And I can understand why the two titles need to be split apart what with the licensing and all, but I'm just happy to have more tables to play on. Plus when you consider the price, it would've been roughly the same price to download each of the four new tables at two bucks a pop. The audio's very nice, the visuals are great, and the 3D makes me want to try to reach into the screen and play with all the little set pieces on the table. My only real wish is there was one more camera angle that got down a little closer to the table.

Banned

I was really surprised to see Marvel Pinball 3D take the front page/cover of the Nintendo eShop! Someone at Nintendo must really enjoy Marvel Pinball. Nintendo's really going all out and supporting Zen a lot! It only excites me to think about future potential partnerships with Nintendo.

I'm not surprised, Zen's games are extremely high quality, and really showcase the system's 3D capabilities better than any other existing eShop title that currently exists. I imagine Nintendo's interested in using Zen's DLC as a guinea-pig for the NoA DLC specs. So far there hasn't been a game with -REAL- DLC. Even Mighty Switch Force was just a 'redownload', and they've confirmed that New Super Mario Bros. 2, Theatrhythm, and Fire Emblem: Awakening are all coming to America and they ALL feature DLC, so I imagine doing a test run with a few eShop titles is in their best interest...

...plus the idea of Zen Studios/Nintendo collaborations makes me drool in a terribly unsightly way... just imagining zinging a pinball around a Hylian forest and attacking moblins, octoroks and skultullas.... Oooh, come to think of it, an octorok's circular-stone-spitting nature would make it a perfect choice for a table toy...

Metroid obviously would make a pinball table easily, given the Prime Pinball series done in the past, although I'm certain Zen could improve on it...

...let's think actually, how many Nintendo franchises DID have their own Pinball games? There was Mario Pinball Land, which was just 'alright' as far as Pinball went, Metroid Prime Pinball which was really well done although the tables weren't very elaborate, Kirby's Pinball Land, Pokemon Pinball... OH! Lest I forget, there was the old LCD Game & Watch Pinball as well....

...a Mr. Game & Watch themed pinball table could be intensely charming, with little LCD displays playing little animations scattered about....

Banned

Oh, Kirby had a pinball game.
    Last edited by LumaFan"); 06-28-2012 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LumaFan") View Post
    I was really surprised to see Marvel Pinball 3D take the front page/cover of the Nintendo eShop! Someone at Nintendo must really enjoy Marvel Pinball. Nintendo's really going all out and supporting Zen a lot! It only excites me to think about future potential partnerships with Nintendo.
    It might have been paid for. I believe sometimes a publisher can pay to have their game/app listed front and center. Though other times NOA eShop team will display awesome games too. I'm basing this off a past interview with Zen Studios about eShop marketing.

Either way, I hope lots of people download it.

Banned

Hey Bloodix! Could I add you on my 3DS? I'm always looking for a a challenge on Zen Pinball 3D and Marvel Pinball 3D

I have to buy me a 3DS card so that I can download the tables. I keep neglecting my 3DS. I know I'm a bad boy! I will download them all tomorrow. You'll see. I want to play them in 3D dangit! I can't wait til pinball hits the WiiU. That is going to be EPIC!!!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Oh, Kirby had a pinball game.
    Not only did Kirby have a pinball game its coming ot next month in nintendos vc blitz next month! Instant download for me.

As For Marvel! So far ive only been able to play Ironman. Its ok and like lumafan said seems harder to get higher scores like the zen tables. I need more time to really sink my teeth into this.

Banned

Love the glow in the dark pinball on the Blade table. Looks amazing and really cool!

Love the glow in the dark pinball on the Blade table. Looks amazing and really cool!
    Ah! The UV Multiball!

Banned

I'm always looking for a good challenge in Zen Pinball 3D and Marvel Pinball 3D! So add me anyone! My fc is 1633 4211 8833! Once Miiverse and Nintendo Network come around we won't need these silly FCs no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    Not only did Kirby have a pinball game its coming ot next month in nintendos vc blitz next month! Instant download for me.

As For Marvel! So far ive only been able to play Ironman. Its ok and like lumafan said seems harder to get higher scores like the zen tables. I need more time to really sink my teeth into this.
    The Captain America table is pretty easy to score decently on, at least. The missions give out absurdly high payoffs even if you fail them.

I hope Marvel pinball 3D will be a big success for Zen! The game feels great!

I only played Iron man table for a couple of times and noticed few problems with the table:

1. Ball often gets stuck near the upper flipper. A nudge works with it.
    2. Sometimes the ball drops from ramp wires and gets stuck. The game automatically launches a new ball.

Also made myself to the top #1 at leaderboards in Iron Man with small 32,6 million score.

E: Fixed
    Last edited by Oskari14; 06-30-2012 at 07:05 AM.
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

Banned

The Iron Man Table is a pain! It's pretty hard to actually get a decent score, sort of reminds me of the Eldorado table on Zen Pinball 3D where it was the least scoring table! But you gotta admit, Iron Man is pretty darn cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Oskari14 View Post
    I hope Marvel pinball 3D will be a big success for Zen! The game feels great!

I only played Iron man table for a couple of times and noticed few problems with the table:

1. Ball often gets stuck near the upper flipper. A nudge works with it.
    2. Sometimes the ball drops from ramp wires and gets stuck. The game automatically launches a new ball.

Also made myself to the top #1 at leaderboards in Iron Man with small 36 million score.

So your the one with the high score. That table is hard and scoring big seems
    To be difficult. Captain America is really good and probably the easiest to get into but Blade is calling out to me! Have yet to play the Fantastic Four but in due time. Over all very good!

Any body notice that Captian America seems a lot like Earth Defense?!

Banned

Man looked at Tech's scores and it's impressive! I give up for now... until I get my energy flow back I'll try LOL. For now I 'll be training myself on Zen Pinball 3D! Somebody beat Tech for me please!

Also, good to see you finally get Zen Pinball 3D and Marvel Pinball 3D Rafie! Oh and thanks to Tech that my Excalibur score got knocked down to 3rd place!
    Last edited by LumaFan"); 06-30-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Yeah well I got another one in the works. I had to go to work in the middle of my Blade game. Two balls left and at 105 million! Should hit much later tonight!

Well that score ended up being just over 350 million! On the game alone I unlocked all the medals and beat Dracula! The table doesn't have a ton of points until you get to Dracula. Just on that last quest alone I got about 200 million! I love that table. Its different enough that it sets it apart from all the rest including zens tables.

Captain American is also very different and well polished! Fun and easy to rake up lots of points!

Final started a Fantastic Four game tonight and that one is also lots of fun. Its a bit hard to see a lot of things thought. Like the drop lights and its also hard to see where to hit it for a skill shot. Other then that it's loads of fun as well!

As for Iron Man. I spent the most time with that when I first got it and think its the weakest of the four for sure now. Not just because its obviously hard to get a high scorejust look at the leader board. I think the color has a lot to do with it being hard.also when you hit the targets under tony and the multiball it bounces back really fast often causing you to lose the ball. This is the Sahman of Marvel. Hard and glitched. At least 4 to 6 times in my first hour with it my ball either bounced off the table or got stuck some where.

Overall thought this is a wonderful game and well worth way more then 7.99$
    Last edited by Tech101; 07-01-2012 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    So your the one with the high score. That table is hard and scoring big seems
    To be difficult. Captain America is really good and probably the easiest to get into but Blade is calling out to me! Have yet to play the Fantastic Four but in due time. Over all very good!
    Yep. Iron Man is very familiar table for me. The best way to grind points is completing main missions. Also, every shot is a risk to lose ball.
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

im loving this game.... i got 37 mill on cap. i love the blade table but hard to score on.
    if anybody wants to add me my FC is 0989-2578-8924

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tn5685 View Post
    im loving this game.... i got 37 mill on cap. i love the blade table but hard to score on.
    if anybody wants to add me my FC is 0989-2578-8924

Awesome! Blades also my favorite table, love it when it's the UV Multiball aaah Glow in the Dark. I've been waiting for someone to post their FC. My fc is 1633 4211 8833 , I'm always looking for challenge. I'll add you later Thanks for posting here too! Keep up the good score!

The more I play the Fantastic Four table, the more I like it. The Human Torch ramp is just fun to hit for some reason. It has an Excalibur-style feel of everything you do working towards something, except even more so. I also like how you can stack some of the multiballs.

Iron Man is the complete opposite for me, it doesn't feel like there's anything actually worthwhile to do on the table. The building ramp bonuses feel neat up until you realize that they give you almost nothing scorewise, and the events don't actually feel like events, just hitting the same random ramps you were hitting before starting the event.

For some reason, I'm tempted to draw an extremely negative comparison between Iron Man and Shaman. I'm hesitating on the comparison because Shaman has so many things that Iron Man doesn't, but at the same time I can't think of anything that Iron Man has that Shaman doesn't, so that says something in of itself. Shaman does have those annoying difficult to hit CAST holes, but Iron Man has the just as annoying Party ramp, in almost exactly the same location.

Banned

Lucky 3DS owners in UK are getting DLC for Final Fantasy Theatrythm this update on Thursday! Whoo hoo! Even though I live in the US, you know what this means...

I really do hope Zen is working on that dlc.

Banned

Check out this new extremely detailed review at Nintendolife! Link:http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/...vel_pinball_3d

It got an 8/10

Alright, the Iron Man table does get really annoying after 5 minutes of gameplay. I think he should less babble about how rich he is LOL and do some cool stuff. So my best advice, go to audio and turn off the FX volume and enjoy the physic sounds and the music alone! No more Tony Stark again! Plus, you get a higher score that way, better concentration.
    Last edited by LumaFan"); 07-04-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Banned

Default Great Zen!

Quick update: Zen's Marvel Pinball 3D is one of the best sellers as of the eShop says. Ratings:5 Stars (eShop)

Enjoy taking the front covers and spotlight Zen! No one can miss it when they come to eShop, it right at the beginning!