Thread: Fear Itself table tips and tricks

Default Fear Itself table tips and tricks

I just got the "Prophecy fulfilled" trophy and I wanted to point out some things. Firstly, when you beat the Skadi Worthy and start the final battle, you DO NOT get in infinite ball save (it was suggested that you do). I stupidly let balls drain (cause I was focusing on other shots) assuming it was infinite and it went away after about 30 seconds as usual. Fortunately, you don't have to beat this wizard mode so it didn't matter so much.

I have a very useful tip for the Kuurth Worthy. There are 4 targets to hit, and each time you hit a target the ball explodes and is relaunched. If you have not hit the far left target in the middle of the spinner, it will interfere with every ball launched and send them straight toward the middle...very annoying and difficult to deal with. It becomes impossible to catch the ball and so you have to hit it quickly which results in the ball hitting something other than a target and being wasted. If however, you hit this target first, the spinner will rotate 90 degrees so it's out of your way and balls can each be caught easily on the left flipper when they are launched. I actually struggled with this for a while before I figured that out (then I felt stupid, lol).

For the Nul Worthy, I was able to figure out the timing by watching the magnetic lights outside of the mission when the ball goes around the table. You can see exactly when the lights go on so it should clue you in to the timing pretty well (it did for me!).

I always began each run by going after the Nerkkod Worthy first since it is quite a challenging multiball. Unlike typical multiballs, you have to hit specific targets with specific balls... very challenging for me at least. The next Worthy I tackled was Greithoth since it's another tough multiball. If you can get these two missions done on your first or second ball, the others are all doable.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by skippycue View Post
    I just got the "Prophecy fulfilled" trophy and I wanted to point out some things. Firstly, when you beat the Skadi Worthy and start the final battle, you DO NOT get in infinite ball save (it was suggested that you do). I stupidly let balls drain (cause I was focusing on other shots) assuming it was infinite and it went away after about 30 seconds as usual. Fortunately, you don't have to beat this wizard mode so it didn't matter so much.

I have a very useful tip for the Kuurth Worthy. There are 4 targets to hit, and each time you hit a target the ball explodes and is relaunched. If you have not hit the far left target in the middle of the spinner, it will interfere with every ball launched and send them straight toward the middle...very annoying and difficult to deal with. It becomes impossible to catch the ball and so you have to hit it quickly which results in the ball hitting something other than a target and being wasted. If however, you hit this target first, the spinner will rotate 90 degrees so it's out of your way and balls can each be caught easily on the left flipper when they are launched. I actually struggled with this for a while before I figured that out (then I felt stupid, lol).

For the Nul Worthy, I was able to figure out the timing by watching the magnetic lights outside of the mission when the ball goes around the table. You can see exactly when the lights go on so it should clue you in to the timing pretty well (it did for me!).

I always began each run by going after the Nerkkod Worthy first since it is quite a challenging multiball. Unlike typical multiballs, you have to hit specific targets with specific balls... very challenging for me at least. The next Worthy I tackled was Greithoth since it's another tough multiball. If you can get these two missions done on your first or second ball, the others are all doable.

Hope that helps!
    Great tips but there isn't much going on here on the PS3 part of the forums. I'm a PS3 user and mistly view the Xbox forums because most of the table discussions are on that forum. You will get better tips there.

As for Fear Itself, It's my favorite table hands down from the AC pack. still haven't got those trophies. Mostly because I've been in Cali since last week a couple of days after the pack was released.

Personally I start with Angrir. Mostly because when you shoot for the Left/Right orbits there you can light up the multipliers. Then your end of ball bonus will multiply. Then go to the more difficult ones as well.

Also note that once you beat 4 worthies, the extra ball is lit so I would go for the easiest wothies..... Nul, Angrir, Skirn, Mokk and Juurth require accurate shots but once you have them down they sholdn't be a problem.

I also shoot for the sink below the upper right flipper to get the random rewards. Extra ball can be lit plus multipliers as well.

anyway.... getting Zen pinball/pinball arcade Withdrawls. Thanks for the tips!!!!

Anyone know how high to reach the max multiplier? I think I got to around x15 but have yet to max them.

I am absolutely horrible at this table but people do realize that the multipliers technically have nothing to do with the orbits right? It's the lights in the lanes that lead to the bumpers. Light all three you get 10secs to raise the Bonus, light all three while it's blinking and you can increase the time by small increments.
    PSN: Loc_Dog_ (feel free 2 add, mention ZP2 or these forums if you will! )
    Wizarded on ZP2: Avengers, Infinity Gauntlet, Captain America, Plants vs Zombies, Ghost Rider, X-MEN, Epic Quest, Sorcerer's Lair, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Blade, Paranormal

Quote Originally Posted by Loc_Dog_ View Post
    I am absolutely horrible at this table but people do realize that the multipliers technically have nothing to do with the orbits right? It's the lights in the lanes that lead to the bumpers. Light all three you get 10secs to raise the Bonus, light all three while it's blinking and you can increase the time by small increments.
    yeah technically you're right. all I know is that if you shoot for the orbits, the muliplier lights up. I'm not sure what actaully triggers it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Anyone know how high to reach the max multiplier? I think I got to around x15 but have yet to max them.
    I'm not sure what the max is. I had it at 21 at the most but am not sure if I went higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    My all time high is 14, do you know what the max is ?
    Bonus multiplier goes nuts on drains

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Bonus View Post
    My all time high is 14, do you know what the max is ?
    It's ridiculously high, 250. Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    250? That should be a trophy. Max the multipliers and get an extra ball on the fear itself table.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    That has got to be an all time high for any pinball table ever made virtual or real. It's generally a low scoring table too, but maxing out those multipliers or close to it could net you a huge score for sure.

Found another table that scores ridiculously high end of ball bonus multipliers "Medieval Madness"

Here is a you tube link for fun. 138X still real low compared to Fear Itself, I'm sure it goes higher.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQD6GjTWn18