Thread: Same trophies, wtf???

Default Same trophies, wtf???

Um, almost all the trophies for zen pinball 2 are the same as they were for marvel... That's complete BS IMO because they were damn hard enough to get the first time! Was there really a need to have the same trophies??? Come on ZEN! Here's a link to the new trophies.

EDIT: At least some of them are silver and they aren't ALL the same so maybe it's not so bad. I just don't want to have to defeat Loki again, blah...
    Last edited by skippycue; 07-05-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Yeh at least its not all bad being that some of them are new, but darn Defeating Loki made me go insane the first time on PFX2 what would happen now. Still getting ZP2 doh so il be cover for Exclusive Tables on each Platform etc.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Not a bad listing at all. Not bad! I was expecting something different, but I still have to say that I'm very satisfied! Thank you Zen for not putting Ultimo there.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

I wonder if this means a release date has been finalised?

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Interesting. Yet why is there only 2 per table now?

for instance Fear itself

Worlds on fire
    Collect all targets before the walker destroys them during Blitzkrieg USA on the Fear Itself table!

Thor's day
    Beat all of the Worthy and Skadi to confront the Serpent on the Fear Itself table!

There is also the avenger multiball one that is missing.

I know some of the trophies are hard to come by etc. yet still only 2 per table?

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Interesting. Yet why is there only 2 per table now?

for instance Fear itself

Worlds on fire
    Collect all targets before the walker destroys them during Blitzkrieg USA on the Fear Itself table!

Thor's day
    Beat all of the Worthy and Skadi to confront the Serpent on the Fear Itself table!

There is also the avenger multiball one that is missing.

I know some of the trophies are hard to come by etc. yet still only 2 per table?
    I would speculate that since there are future pinball games to come to ZP2 that it warranted the 2 trophies per table to ease the cap for future tables. I could be wrong though. I'm not mad at that at all though. I'm just happy we're getting it.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    I would speculate that since there are future pinball games to come to ZP2 that it warranted the 2 trophies per table to ease the cap for future tables. I could be wrong though. I'm not mad at that at all though. I'm just happy we're getting it.
    You pretty much got it right. Sony goes by trophy points, instead of the number of trophies. Bronze trophies are worth anywhere between 5-25 trophies points, silver are worth 30-60 and gold can be worth up to 100 points. Please note that I don't know the exact number points for each trophy, but the more difficult they are the more points you get. I'm just going by my trophy list from YGC (link in sig) and going by the games I own. I don't see any game having over 2500 trophy points, so I assume that's most likely the limit.

Since we are getting 3 gold trophies. I can see why Zen decided to go with 2 trophies for each table instead of 3. It's possible that future tables will get three trophies though.

I'm personally fine with redoing old trophy requirements and I'm personally pleased with the list over all, but the silver trophies for Shaman and Earth Defense are going to be a pain. It's nice that I don't have to fight Ultimo or start up the Teleforce in Tesla, but I personally found the Earth Defense trophy to be the hardest to get. That trophy is much harder than defeating Ultimo in my opinion, since the requirements for getting the medals are so non-linear. Oh and I have actually perfection the Loki trophy (8 times now), so that shouldn't be too hard to complete again.
    Last edited by shogun00; 07-05-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    You pretty much got it right. Sony goes by trophy points, instead of the number of trophies. Bronze trophies are worth anywhere between 5-25 trophies points, silver are worth 30-60 and gold can be worth up to 100 points. Please note that I don't know the exact number points for each trophy, but the more difficult they are the more points you get. I'm just going by my trophy list from YGC (link in sig) and going by the games I own. I don't see any game having over 2500 trophy points, so I assume that's most likely the limit.

Since we are getting 3 gold trophies. I can see why Zen decided to go with 2 trophies for each table instead of 3. It's possible that future tables will get three trophies though.

I'm personally fine with redoing old trophy requirements and I'm personally pleased with the list over all, but the silver trophies for Shaman and Earth Defense are going to be a pain. It's nice that I don't have to fight Ultimo or start up the Teleforce in Tesla, but I personally found the Earth Defense trophy to be the hardest to get. That trophy is much harder than defeating Ultimo in my opinion, since the requirements for getting the medals are so non-linear. Oh and I have actually perfection the Loki trophy (8 times now), so that shouldn't be too hard to complete again.
    Thanks Shogun. Yeah I'm happy with the list as well. I really hate that Spiderman trophy with the Pumpkin bomb. It's hard for me to get because Doc Oc won't stay in that stance long enough for me to hit the bomb up for him to grab it. Also I'm not looking forward to the Earth Defense one either. I have it on 360, but not the PS3. It's a tough one. I actually played that table for 3 hours trying to get that achievement. I didn't have 10 friends at the time to beat. All in all, the list looks pretty good.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Yeh at least with 2 Trophies they can follow the one easy and one hard system to please everyone I guess.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Also I'm not looking forward to the Earth Defense one either. I have it on 360, but not the PS3. It's a tough one. I actually played that table for 3 hours trying to get that achievement. I didn't have 10 friends at the time to beat.
    After defeating Ultimo on the Iron Man table and getting all of the trophies in Marvel Pinball (this was back in March 2011), I decided to go back to Zen Pinball and grab all of the remaining trophies (mostly the silver ones) that I needed to get.

I thought if I could beat Ultimo, I shouldn't have a hard time getting the rest of the trophies. For the most part, I was able to acquire the trophies with ease. It only took me about a week for each one. That was until I got to Earth Defense. That one took me a whole month to get and it was always that last medal or two. Not to mention, it's pretty difficult to get an extra ball in the game, so I had to get all ten medals with just the three regular balls.
    Last edited by shogun00; 07-05-2012 at 05:39 PM.

After defeating Ultimo on the Iron Man table and getting all of the trophies in Marvel Pinball (this was back in March 2011), I decided to go back to Zen Pinball and grab all of the remaining trophies (mostly the silver one) that I needed to get.

I thought if I could beat Ultimo, I shouldn't have a hard time getting the rest of the trophies. For the most part, I was able to acquire the trophies with ease. It only took me about a week for each one. That was until I got to Earth Defense. That one took me a whole month to get and it was always that last medal or two. Not to mention, it's pretty difficult to get an extra ball in the game, so I had to get all ten medals with just the three regular balls.
    That's what I want to do. Go back to Zen Pinball and get the remaining trophies to complete it. Then I'll finish off Marvel Pinball and finally finish it. Yeah that Earth Defense is a pain. That's why I still don't have it on the PS version. LOL Now that you've mentioned it, I think I will take a crack at it today.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Yeh at least with 2 Trophies they can follow the one easy and one hard system to please everyone I guess.
    Which is why I'm satisfied with it. I love a good challenge, but sometimes something too hard can deter players away. Like Ultimo. LOL
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

I wonder if this means a release date has been finalised?
    Nope... Still waiting. AHHHHHH!!!

Also, I posted some of your guides on the blog this morning

**Looks at list again**

It looks like Fantastic Four won't be making the launch. I don't see any F4 trophies in the list. This tells me that they are sticking to their original plan. Launch the game with 25 tables and release F4 a few weeks later.

**Looks at list again**

It looks like Fantastic Four won't be making the launch. I don't see any F4 trophies in the list. This tells me that they are sticking to their original plan. Launch the game with 25 tables and release F4 a few weeks later.
    Correct, sir! It (obviously) needs extra love

Cool list I guess, everything is doable in the Marvel department, although I don't know with the Zen tables since I never bought ZP, can't wait to buy them all for ZP2.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Cool list I guess, everything is doable in the Marvel department, although I don't know with the Zen tables since I never bought ZP, can't wait to buy them all for ZP2.
    You won't be disappointed with ZP, Snake. Tesla and El Dorado for the win!! That's all I gotta say. Oh and Ninja Gaiden of course!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Nope... Still waiting. AHHHHHH!!!

Also, I posted some of your guides on the blog this morning
    Man hopefully you guys get it out this Month either way its not like its not coming

Oh cool some of them have been posted, I already sent off Guides for WW Hulk & Infinity Gauntlet today.. cant wait to tackle the ZP2 exclusive Tables.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Man hopefully you guys get it out this Month either way its not like its not coming

Oh cool some of them have been posted, I already sent off Guides for WW Hulk & Infinity Gauntlet today.. cant wait to tackle the ZP2 exclusive Tables.
    ZP2 has exclusive tables?! Oh....you mean the ports from ZP1, right?
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

ZP2 has exclusive tables?! Oh....you mean the ports from ZP1, right?
    Yeh thats what I mean, never was into ZP1 due to my preference being the Pinball FX series over on the 360 but this ZP2 update has made my keen to sink my Pinball Teeth into it.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

happy to see this , im liking the score trophy
    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Thx for posting the link.

Personally I don't mind having the same trophies, I play games for fun and I see trophies just as an extra challenge mode.
    Some of them are impossible for me to get them anyway but I wish good luck to all the pinball wizards getting again the ultra hard ones!

But I find it really strange that the gold trophies seem to be the easier ones to get... lol

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the Avengers tables atm & I'm looking forward for the official release date announcement of ZP2 from Barbie!
    PSN: DreamyElf

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    But I find it really strange that the gold trophies seem to be the easier ones to get... lol
    It's a wise move though. It'll definitely get a few of the trophy hunters to buy a few of the tables for the game.

Trophy hunters will buy any game that has a few easy gold trophies.
    Last edited by shogun00; 07-06-2012 at 03:23 PM.

It's a wise move though. It'll definitely get a few of the trophy hunters to buy a few of the tables for the game.

Trophy hunters will buy any game that has a few easy gold trophies.
    You ain't lying about that. LOL Anyone who would buy Hannah Montana just for an easy plat would buy any game.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

You ain't lying about that. LOL Anyone who would buy Hannah Montana just for an easy plat would buy any game.
    ANNNNNND that's when it becomes just plain sad. Boasting about your # of plats and trophy level with Hannah Montana!

YOU GUYS, what if you're like REALLY good at Hannah Montana?!

I didn't even know that game existed. Definitely on my to-play list now, LOL

YOU GUYS, what if you're like REALLY good at Hannah Montana?!

I didn't even know that game existed. Definitely on my to-play list now, LOL
    It'll be an easy 1000GS for you, Barbie! I can't imagine playing Hannah Montana.

@Snake

LOL You're right! It does become extremely sad to boost plat trophy count because Hannah Montana gave you free golds, silvers, and a plat. Whatever floats the boat I guess.

On Topic: Can anyone inform me if the Vita version of ZP2 will have a separate trophy list than the PS3 counterpart? Meaning is it like Pinball Arcade by having the same trophy requirements, but has its own trophy count.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

It'll be an easy 1000GS for you, Barbie! I can't imagine playing Hannah Montana.

@Snake

LOL You're right! It does become extremely sad to boost plat trophy count because Hannah Montana gave you free golds, silvers, and a plat. Whatever floats the boat I guess.

On Topic: Can anyone inform me if the Vita version of ZP2 will have a separate trophy list than the PS3 counterpart? Meaning is it like Pinball Arcade by having the same trophy requirements, but has its own trophy count.
    Haha I don't even know what type of game it is... but I'm sure it's... fun?

For ZP2, you'll have 2 separate sets of trophies to earn, one for Vita, one for PS3. You've got your work cut out for ya!

For ZP2, you'll have 2 separate sets of trophies to earn, one for Vita, one for PS3. You've got your work cut out for ya!
    That right there has just made my day. Thank you, Barbie. I'm off to play games now. Hooray! I really am happy!!!!!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

From the ESRB:

This is a rhythm adventure game in which players can play instruments (guitar, keyboards, drums), dance and sing, engage in mini-games, and follow aspects of the Hannah Montana Movie storyline. Mini-games are based on carnival games and can include Frog Toss, Dunk the Fool, and Milk Jug Topple.

From the ESRB:
    Sounds like a great game if you're into carnies Hahaha

i like how it says impossible under zp2 in the link to the trophies.
    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Even though it was a major pain earning it in Marvel Pinball, I'm disappointed to see there's no trophy for defeating Ultimo on the Iron Man table.

Quote Originally Posted by SwitchBlade View Post
    Even though it was a major pain earning it in Marvel Pinball, I'm disappointed to see there's no trophy for defeating Ultimo on the Iron Man table.
    Please don't say such things. I'm TOTALLY happy without Ultimo. I mean UNBELIEVABLY ecstatic that Zen didn't implement that guy for the trophy.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Please don't say such things. I'm TOTALLY happy without Ultimo. I mean UNBELIEVABLY ecstatic that Zen didn't implement that guy for the trophy.
    Easy for you to say since you (to my knowledge) haven't beaten him yet (no pun intended!), then on the contrary I could be saying the same thing since I have beaten him haha so in my defense, I don't care that we don't HAVE to beat him again I can see the disappointment side like Switchblade though.

For me, Ultimo separated the men from the boys in Marvel Pinball.
    If someone had the Ultimo trophy, I knew they were an elite player.
    At least the Loki trophy will still be there to frustrate everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Easy for you to say since you (to my knowledge) haven't beaten him yet (no pun intended!), then on the contrary I could be saying the same thing since I have beaten him haha so in my defense, I don't care that we don't HAVE to beat him again I can see the disappointment side like Switchblade though.
    Exactly. I haven't beaten him, but on the 360 side I have gotten to him 9....count'em....9 times and still haven't beaten him. Just getting to him is a pain in itself. So yes in the aspect of actually playing Ultimo, I do have experience of getting to him, but not beating him. So having a trophy/achievement missing from my list looks bad, and I'm still angry I can't beat him. He blocks all of my shots and my balls drain. I'll beat him one day, but I'm glad I don't have to do it on ZP2. That's what I'm saying.

I understand where guys like you are coming from with Ultimo. He was so difficult to beat that having the trophy/achievement there for accomplishing that goal is definitely worth it and showcases your adversity in defeating. However, very few people have beaten him, let alone even reached him. It's easily the hardest Marvel achievement with Loki coming in a split second behind. I was joking and being serious at the same time with, SwitchBlade.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

I have beated Ultimo, but it took 17 tries. I still can't describe that feeling when I knew I had a ball on fire and 9 hits were done lol.

I think they removed Ultimo because many people has pointed out that Iron Man table is hard. It's doable, but extremely hard. I'm a bit pleased when I don't need to destroy him again.

They also have removed Tesla's Master Mind-trophy wich I didn't expect. That was the trophy I was waiting for the most. However, the "old" Domination is still in the game.
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oskari14 View Post
    They also have removed Tesla's Master Mind-trophy wich I didn't expect. That was the trophy I was waiting for the most. However, the "old" Domination is still in the game.
    Let's not forget the "Pinball General" (Get all 10 medal) trophy from Earth Defense and the "Pyramid" trophy from Mars. They are both also in the game. At least, the Pyramid trophy is now silver and not just a meager bronze trophy. Still those are going to be a pain to get again.

I did Ultimo in 9 attempts on the PFX2 ver. truely beating him shows you have Balls of Steel lol pun intended

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I will join the rest of you who have beaten Ultimo someday. I promised myself that I will beat him this year. I think the anxiety of fighting him and the anxious shots I try to make causes me to fail. I must calm down. 10 times is the charm! I'm just happy that we don't have to beat him again for ZP2.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

I think the anxiety of fighting him and the anxious shots I try to make causes me to fail. I must calm down. 10 times is the charm! .
    I was able to beat Ultimo on my third attempt. During that game, I had to pause the game twice just so I could calm down.

I was able to beat Ultimo on my third attempt. During that game, I had to pause the game twice just so I could calm down.
    Fantastic. So it isn't just me. I get like that when I play Ghost Rider and Moon Knight. Although they are the easiest to get to wizard mode on, yet I haven't beaten Zadkiel or Seth because I get anxious and lose focus, so my when I'm trying to make the shots...it goes where I don't want it to. Especially with Ghost Rider. Sometimes I make the shot I'm suppose to and it still doesn't hit that guy (Zadkiel). I really need to calm down. This week....I'm going after Seth, Zadkiel, Loki and..*gulp* Ultimo. Wish me luck.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Fantastic. So it isn't just me. I get like that when I play Ghost Rider and Moon Knight.
    I never had the problem with Ghost Rider or Moon Knight. It's just the stressful ones like Iron Man, Thor and Earth Defense.

yet I haven't beaten Zadkiel
    Zadkiel is pretty easy if you have the left orbit lit for the entrance into hell (flame pit). If the right orbit is lit, then shoot the left orbit to change the path of the seesaw.

Once the left orbit is lit, get the flame ball and make a far left shot with the right flipper. If you miss the left ramp, it will just go right into the left orbit and back into the flame pit. Eventually, you will hit Zadkiel three times with this trick, since you aren't wasting time getting the ball into the flame pit.
    Last edited by shogun00; 07-09-2012 at 04:34 PM.

I never had the problem with Ghost Rider or Moon Knight. It's just the stressful ones like Iron Man, Thor and Earth Defense.

Zadkiel is pretty easy if you have the left orbit lit for the entrance into hell (flame pit). If the right orbit is lit, then shoot the left orbit to change the path of the seesaw.

Once the left orbit is lit, get the flame ball and make a far left shot with the right flipper. If you miss the left ramp, it will just go right into the left orbit and back into the flame pit. Eventually, you will hit Zadkiel three times with trick, since you aren't wasting time getting the ball into the flame pit.
    Thanks for the tips, Shogun. It's embarrassing that I still haven't beaten Ghost Rider and Moon Knight. Well I beat Ghost Rider before, but I didn't beat Mephisto during one of the missions, so the achievement didn't pop for defeating all bosses including Zadkiel. I should have had those 2 tables beaten multiple times over already. It's all good. I'll get it. Man I wish you had a 360. You would own on it.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Quote Originally Posted by maink View Post
    i like how it says impossible under zp2 in the link to the trophies.
    Theoretically it IS impossible until someone shows it IS possible.

I doubt. trophies are hardcoded in the Zen pinball games. Instead.. With all these DLCs there should be enough points to ask a for a Platinum, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Michelasso View Post
    I doubt. trophies are hardcoded in the Zen pinball games. Instead.. With all these DLCs there should be enough points to ask a for a Platinum, isn't it?
    Nah Shogun has got a point! With future tables that Zen Pinball 2 is bound to get, there could very well be 2-3 trophies attached to them.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

The numbers are more consistent than that. Basically, a Bronze counts as 1 "point," a silver as 2, a gold as 6, and a Platinum as 12.

Typically, you're limited to 20-21 points as a cap on a PSN game (which could be further bumped up by DLC), and most retail games weighed in at about 80 points, give or take a few.

There was the occasional exception PSN game that randomly got full retail support for trophies (Trine 2, Plants VS Zombies for the Vita, etc), but recently that seems to becoming more frequent with games like Dyad and Rainbow Moon having a Platinum Trophy despite the $14.99 price tag.

Zen Pinball 2 seems to be running on the old-school limit of 20 trophy points for the "core game." (Which makes sense, because the core game itself doesn't cost a thing.) That's used up by the three Gold trophies and the one Silver. (6x3)+2 = 20.

For the DLC, they theoretically could have had three Bronze trophies for each game instead of 1 Bronze and 1 Silver (because they're the same point value), but there's also a maximum NUMBER of trophies a game is limited to regardless of their "point value" or how much DLC it provides. Otherwise, a game like Rock Band 3 could have about 500 Trophies by now.

The whole trophy system is very haphazard, anyway. I'd much rather have every game have 60 objectives to complete. Each goal by itself is a Bronze trophy, but if you complete a related set of six goals, those Bronze can all be traded in for a Gold of equal point value. That way, anyone who's fully mastered a game would have 10 Gold trophies (as well as the Platinum), whereas someone who just plays a bunch of games halfway through would have hundreds of Bronze trophies in their profile.
    Last edited by Peridot Weapon; 08-01-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peridot Weapon View Post
    The numbers are more consistent than that. Basically, a Bronze counts as 1 "point," a silver as 2, a gold as 6, and a Platinum as 12.

Typically, you're limited to 20-21 points as a cap on a PSN game (which could be further bumped up by DLC), and most retail games weighed in at about 80 points, give or take a few.

There was the occasional exception PSN game that randomly got full retail support for trophies (Trine 2, Plants VS Zombies for the Vita, etc), but recently that seems to becoming more frequent with games like Dyad and Rainbow Moon having a Platinum Trophy despite the $14.99 price tag.

Zen Pinball 2 seems to be running on the old-school limit of 20 trophy points for the "core game." (Which makes sense, because the core game itself doesn't cost a thing.) That's used up by the three Gold trophies and the one Silver. (6x3)+2 = 20.

For the DLC, they theoretically could have had three Bronze trophies for each game instead of 1 Bronze and 1 Silver (because they're the same point value), but there's also a maximum NUMBER of trophies a game is limited to regardless of their "point value" or how much DLC it provides. Otherwise, a game like Rock Band 3 could have about 500 Trophies by now.
    That's very interesting Peridot Weapon. Thanks for the insight. My friend who told me about the point system works for Naughty Dog, but he didn't know how the system completely worked. He just knew there was one, so I just assumed that YGC was following it.

I presume that the point system that YGC is using is their own then?