Thread: Speed Machine - Extra Balls?

Question Speed Machine - Extra Balls?

On the Speed Machine table I get an extra ball at 10,000 points. Sometimes I get more extra balls by accident, but I'm not sure how. A few times I've even gotten up to 7 balls total. How does this happen?

For clarification, when I say "extra balls" I'm not talking about the police chase or when you lock 3 balls at the top left for a multiball mode. I'm talking about extra turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    On the Speed Machine table I get an extra ball at 10,000 points. Sometimes I get more extra balls by accident, but I'm not sure how. A few times I've even gotten up to 7 balls total. How does happen.
    Completing the bank of targets to increase your multipliers is the only way of earning extra balls I know of. Once you reach 10x the next time you complete them will do it.

- B

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Check out the link in my Sig m8 as I have a Guide available for Speed Machine which shows the Extra Balls etc.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Cool Thanks!

Woohoo! The tips and guide were informative. I've been playing this table almost every day for about a year and I've figured almost everything out, but now I have the missing pieces. There were a few details I didn't know and those will make a big difference. Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate the help. OrpheusWueste, lookout!

Speed Machine is "unique" in the Pinball FX universe in that doing a specific thing to earn an extra ball will earn it one time but not the next. Sort of a random Extra Ball occurrence. It adds a bit of luck to making a charge at a high score on the table. I thought I made some notes on the table when I made my run at 100m on it but not sure if I ever posted them on the board or not.
    Last edited by rapierdwit; 07-07-2012 at 03:46 AM.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Woohoo! The tips and guide were informative. I've been playing this table almost every day for about a year and I've figured almost everything out, but now I have the missing pieces. There were a few details I didn't know and those will make a big difference. Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate the help. OrpheusWueste, lookout!
    No probs m8, trust me this Community is the best imo everone swings into action to help one another. Hehehe go get him on the Leaderboards!

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

If you ever happen upon it again I would appreciate reading that, rapierdwit.

One tip I'll pass along that I've never read anywhere is about mission selection. Hit the spinner twice (right orbit) to activate the Race Hole. When you knock the ball into the Race Hole start repeatedly tapping the A button and you will always get the Qualifying mission. You can net 1.3mil and it's relatively easy. Normally the Qualifying mission will not be available in the mission selection phase after you do it once (until you loose a ball and start the table again) but with this little trick you can do it over and over, as many times as you want. It's the easiest way I know to get points.

A detail I don't know is if you have 2xNitro when you finish the Qualifying mission, maybe you get 2.6mil. I haven't been able to get that yet. I'm about 60% reaction and 40% skill. :/ My high score is only 86mil on this table. But I love it!