Thread: Too late for PS3?

Default Too late for PS3?

I've been thinking about picking up a PS3 to play some of the exclusives I've been missing. At this point do you think it's better to just wait for PS4?

I'll probably double up on Zen Pinball & TPA. Little Big Planet always looked fun. Are there any other PS3 games you'd recommend?

Thanks for your input.

Nope! It's never too late to buy a PS3. One thing I like about Sony is their continuous support of their older hardware. Just look at the PS2, it was supported several years after the PS3 released. It'll be the same thing when the PS4 releases. The PS3 will continue to be supported for several more years.

As for other PS3 exclusives, the Ratchet & Clank series, Uncharted series and Heavy Rain are really good.

I think PS3 still has time before PS4. The original Zen pinball will be removed from the store when ZP2 arrives. This means that ZP1 will be a rare game in the future. You still could play it with old physics. If you buy ZP1 before ZP2 you will get all the tables for free to ZP2.

Also, Gran turismo 5 is a great game too!
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

I will agree with the above posts. Uncharted series, gran turismo 5, Ratchet and Clank series (except the last one). You should also consider the God of War series, Metal Gear Solid 4 (hard to follow story without all the previous games but it is still a fun stealth game), Infamous series, and the motorstorm series.

Might I suggest Borderlands?

Yeah, like Shogun said, there are still several years left of the PS3, even if a new console comes out, it will still be supported.

It depends. If you already have an xbox 360, I would probably hold off on getting a ps3 and wait for the next generation unless you have plenty of disposable income or need a blu ray player. If you are just buying it for exclusive ps titles, there are just a handful of great exclusives like the Uncharted series or Gran Turismo 5 (if you like racing sims). There have been rumors that the ps4 will not be backwards compatible with ps3 games, however, I am sure the great titles like the Uncharted series will eventually get the upgrade treatment for the ps4 just like classic ps2 classics have gotten the update treatment on the ps3 (though launch ps3s were completely backwards compatible with the ps2). Of course, the next generation consoles won't be out for another 1-2 years and like others have said 1st and 3rd party studios will most likely continue to publish games for both the new and previous generation consoles for a few years after the release of the new console.
    Last edited by surf1der; 07-06-2012 at 07:50 PM.

i doubt there will be a PS4 any time soon, maybe a new model of ps3 with the more ram at best
    but is still a pretty good time to buy one anyway
    a lot of great exclusives like Infamous 1 and 2, Little big Planet 1 and 2, the sly collection, all the God Of War series is available for PS3, Journey and Wipeout HD and more
    besides PSN is free
    Last edited by bazz; 07-07-2012 at 03:22 AM.

Thanks for the replies... I've been putting money aside for a pinball machine but it's just been frustrating seeing a bunch of overpriced junk and prices are rising quickly (likely from others like me who's favorite games are PFX2 and TPA).

I'll probably pull the trigger on that PS3 this weekend. I had no idea ZP2 was this close to release, but that is a great incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by muffin mang View Post
    I'll probably pull the trigger on that PS3 this weekend. I had no idea ZP2 was this close to release, but that is a great incentive.
    Another nice incentive is that there are a few other pinball games available on the PSN Store. One is called Pinballistik by Creat Studios. I personally had a blast with it. It has a unique two player (battle table) mode, along with a classic mode. There are only three themes available (Western, Space and Party), but it's not bad for $10 ($4 for main program with one theme, $3 each for the two themes).

In the Minis section (compatible with PS3 and PSP), they have the classic Pinball Dreams and Pinball Fantasies available for $7 each.

To keep you bros updated on my cool story, I did get the PS3 and can finally play the Zen Pinball exclusives and TPA dlc. Always nice to play some new tables, but wow... felt like a timewarp going back to PFX. Guess I've been spoiled by PFX2. Looking forward to the update. While my xbox account is nearly maxed out I have no PS friends yet, so feel free to add me. pinbot-76

Now I just need to get used to that controller.

Welcome to the dark side. Feel free to add me on psn. My psn handle is the same one I use here.

To keep you bros updated on my cool story, I did get the PS3 and can finally play the Zen Pinball exclusives and TPA dlc. Always nice to play some new tables, but wow... felt like a timewarp going back to PFX. Guess I've been spoiled by PFX2. Looking forward to the update. While my xbox account is nearly maxed out I have no PS friends yet, so feel free to add me. pinbot-76

Now I just need to get used to that controller.
    I hear ya! That's why I usually stick to 360, just because the controller is more comfortable for me. Add me on PSN!

While my xbox account is nearly maxed out I have no PS friends yet, so feel free to add me. pinbot-76
    Feel free to add me. PSN name is the same as my user name. Just let me know who you are in the FR.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I hear ya! That's why I usually stick to 360, just because the controller is more comfortable for me. Add me on PSN!
    I'm personally so used to the DualShock controller that it doesn't bother me anymore, but I wish that the hand grips were a little longer like they were on the original PS (non-analog) controller.

BTW, Barbie do you have any trophies on your PSN account? If yes, then please click on the "trophy collection" section when you are signed into the PSN, so you can sync your trophies. Currently, you look like a total noob with no trophies and no avatar on your profile.
    Last edited by shogun00; 07-09-2012 at 11:21 PM.

<----- Add me if you like, same name on here as well

Alright MuffinMang, I'll add ya! If you have a 360, feel free to add me on that as well. We need more pinheads on the PS3. I didn't mean "pinheads" in a derogatory fashion either.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Feel free to add me. PSN name is the same as my user name. Just let me know who you are in the FR.

I'm personally so used to the DualShock controller that it doesn't bother me anymore, but I wish that the hand grips were a little longer like they were on the original PS (non-analog) controller.

BTW, Barbie do you have any trophies on your PSN account? If yes, then please click on the "trophy collection" section when you are signed into the PSN, so you can sync your trophies. Currently, you look like a total noob with no trophies and no avatar on your profile.
    Hahaha I have a few, but I usually just sign on to check messages. Ahhhh I'm too busy talking about pinball to actually play any! *SIGH*

I've been thinking about picking up a PS3 to play some of the exclusives I've been missing. At this point do you think it's better to just wait for PS4?

I'll probably double up on Zen Pinball & TPA. Little Big Planet always looked fun. Are there any other PS3 games you'd recommend?

Thanks for your input.
    Just thought i'd mention if the blu-ray player is one of the reasons you are thinking of getting a PS3, if you have a 3D TV you can play 3D Compatible games, Batman Arkham City, GT5 and the upcoming Zen Pinball 2 just to name 3, and as I accidentally discovered at the weekend when I hired Ghostrider- Spirit of Vengeance the Blu Ray player becomes a 3D Blu Ray Player so you can watch 3D movies on it too.

Never too late, how true. I cant survive w/o mine, using it to write this now. I think the PS4 is still a ways till release and it will be a small fortune. Like the blonde dude says on the tv, it only does everything. Plus how does one wait to play zen pinball for so long. Welcome to the forums StephanieB. IMO PS3 is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by s-carnegie View Post
    Never too late, how true. I cant survive w/o mine, using it to write this now. I think the PS4 is still a ways till release and it will be a small fortune. Like the blonde dude says on the tv, it only does everything. Plus how does one wait to play zen pinball for so long. Welcome to the forums StephanieB. IMO PS3 is excellent.
    I co-sign this. Maybe the PS4 might be here before you know it though! Who knows at this point. I'm expecting to hear an announcement by E3 next year.

Anyway, welcome Stephanie! Feel free to add me on any platform!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Umm, guys! Take a look at StephanieB's sig. You're talking to an advertiser who's trying to get you to buy a gambling version of Scrabble.

Edit: Advertiser removed!
    Last edited by shogun00; 08-01-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Umm, guys! Take a look at StephanieB's sig. You're talking to an advertiser who's trying to get you to buy a gambling version of Scrabble.
    You sly dog

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    You sly dog
    I used to be a moderator on another forum. I can spot a bot/advertiser a mile away.

Oh DANG IT!! I can I be fooled by something like that. Well thanks Shogun, although its too late for us that have been fooled already. Well it won't happen again...I hope!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82