Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Comparison of XBOX 360 and PS3 scores

  1. #1
    Senior Member Cloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,180

    Default Comparison of XBOX 360 and PS3 scores

    I always wonder how the top scores compare between the XBOX 360 and PS3 for the tables that can compare. At the moment it seems that only the Marvel tables can be compared on equal terms. Here is the top 3 scores from both consoles for the Marvel tables (as on 15 July 2012). All scores are in billions unless noted. Xbox360 - X and Playstation 3 - P:

    Avenger Chron. - 10.220 (X), 7.651(P), 7.342(X), 7.230(P), 5.463(P), 4.706(X)
    Blade- 5.7(P), 5.4(P), 5.3(P), 3.782(X), 2.441(X), 2.373(X)
    Captain America - 5.68(P), 4.48(P), 4.024(X), 3.78(P), 3.334(X), 3.159(X)
    Fantastic 4 - 21.2(P), 10.6(P), 10.0(P), 5.541(X), 4.247(X), 3.460(X)
    Fear Itself - 5.843(X), 5.150(P), 3.675(X), 3.629(P), 1.897(P), 1.716(X)
    Ghost Rider - 47.137(X), 38.833(X), 36.0(P), 34.501(X), 30.9(P), 23.2(P)
    Infinity Gauntlet - 2.115(P), 2.044(X), 1.845(X) 1.711(P), 1.566(P), 1.466(X)
    Ironman (millions) - 711(X), 553(X), 442(P), 420(P), 341(X), 332(P)
    Moon Knight - 4.441(X), 4.22(P), 4.215(X), 3.226(X), 1.09(P), 1.07(P)
    Spiderman (Trillion)- 3.133(X), 0.717, (X)0.673(P), 0.521(X), 0.408(P), 0.238(P)
    Thor - 60.949(X), 24.268(X), 13.49(P), 8.07(P), 8.005(X) 5.55(P)
    Wolverine - 41.8(P), 36.419(X), 32.862(X), 20.257(X), 17.0(P), 15.9(P)
    WW Hulk - 4.001(X), 3.227(X), 2.764(P), 2.696(P), 2.508(X), 2.442(P)
    X-Men - 4.8(P), 4.275(X), 2.7(P), 2.330(X), 2.3(P), 2.285(X)


    As a whole the scores are quite comparable apart from a few exceptions. Out of the 14 tables Xbox360 players are ahead at the moment with 8 of first place scores.

    I will update the thread from time to time as improved scores are posted in the thread. Thank you for all the input.
    Last edited by Cloda; 07-15-2012 at 07:29 AM.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

    Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

    Discord server - PinStratsDan

    Twitter - PinStratsDan

    Facebook - PinStratsDan

    Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    240

    Default

    You should keep in mind that a lot if US people dont have PS3's in comparison to 360 ownership, and the US is the core market for pinball games. Of course there are plenty of good players on both systems, but I would be very willing to bet that there are more on 360.

  3. #3
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    With Zen Pinball 2 coming out soon and the fact that Hypno hasn't even played the new tables from what I can tell. It's not really worth it at the moment.

    I can tell you that the top scores for Fear Itself and Infinity Gauntlet are less than 2 billion, while the Avengers and World War Hulk are hovering the 5 billion mark. That's from the last time I checked, which was well over a week ago. I too am through with Marvel Pinball and I'm waiting patiently for Zen Pinball 2 to release. It pointless to work on my scores, when I'll have to start from scratch when ZP2 releases. I think a lot of PS3 players feel the same way at the moment.
    Last edited by shogun00; 07-09-2012 at 04:06 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    With Zen Pinball 2 coming out soon and the fact that Hypno hasn't even played the new tables from what I can tell. It's not really worth it at the moment.

    I can tell you that the top scores for Fear Itself and Infinity Gauntlet are less than 2 billion, while the Avengers and World War Hulk are hovering the 5 billion mark. That's from the last time I checked, which was well over a week ago. I too am through with Marvel Pinball and I'm waiting patiently for Zen Pinball 2 to release. It pointless to work on my scores, when I'll have to start from scratch when ZP2 releases. I think a lot of PS3 players feel the same way at the moment.
    That Kefran dude has over 5 billion on Fear Itself now. He was right below my 1.8 billion, then practically the next day he blows my score out of the water I swear, it was like he did it just to spite me lol Also, I think someone has over 7b on Avengers.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    That Kefran dude has over 5 billion on Fear Itself now. He was right below my 1.8 billion, then practically the next day he blows my score out of the water I swear, it was like he did it just to spite me lol Also, I think someone has over 7b on Avengers.
    I hate everyone with a 1+ billion score. Mainly because the highest I have on any table was during the epic quest tournament..880 million.

    I honestly can't believe I don't have a 1 billion score by now. I thought for sure I could have done that on epic quest. My last extra ball drained really quickly in disbelief.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Rafie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
    I hate everyone with a 1+ billion score. Mainly because the highest I have on any table was during the epic quest tournament..880 million.

    I honestly can't believe I don't have a 1 billion score by now. I thought for sure I could have done that on epic quest. My last extra ball drained really quickly in disbelief.
    Don't feel bad. I'm still in the low rankings of those who don't have a billion score yet. I want one so bad. LOL Snake has the highest scores on the PSN side on my friends. He always scores pretty high. LOL
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

    Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

  7. #7
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Don't worry, everyone's time will come I remember back when I got MP, one of my friends had 26 million on Wolverine and I was like "Man, I'll never get that high of a score "

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Don't worry, everyone's time will come I remember back when I got MP, one of my friends had 26 million on Wolverine and I was like "Man, I'll never get that high of a score "
    I'm flat out terrible at most of the tables in the game. I'm very good in a few of them. Others that I find challenging but fun to play... like xmen (think i only got 170mil in this or so), thor, moon knight... etc.

    Wolverine is definitely in my "nemesis" table slot. I barely broke 100m on it (got all 3 achievements, the adamantium ball achievement was the hardest out of the 3). But for the longest time, someone on my friends list had a 80 mil score, I only had 53. Must have took me a month and a bit of forcing myself to play the table to beat that score.

    Tables like Blade, and Iron Man give me the fits too. I was literally 1 shot away from starting the wizard mode on iron man and drained. Still got a shit score.

    I thought I had a legit shot of breaking 1bil on the avengers table. Had an epic goddamn game and scored 699m. Now I can't get anywhere NEAR that score for some reason. Eh, it's how the steel ball virtually bounces i guess....

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Don't worry, everyone's time will come I remember back when I got MP, one of my friends had 26 million on Wolverine and I was like "Man, I'll never get that high of a score "
    Agreed. I have yet to get 1 billion on most of the tables. Well aside from avengers. I'm not sure that effectively makes me join the billion points club. I think once more players figure out this table there will be a high percentage of 1b+ scores.

    my highest on Fear Itself is 875m I think. Still enough to be top 10 on the PSN. This table is the one I mostly play and still have a tough time topping my highest.

    Give the tables time I'm sure that magic moment will come when you hit a billion.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Rafie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    As much as I play these tables (360), I should have been hit a billion already. Well dang-it when ZP2 drops I'm going for my first billion. No question.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

    Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

  11. #11
    Senior Member Cloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,180

    Default

    I have a chance and will take a look later today for the Xbox 360 Marvel AC scores. I have no idea at the moment how it compares... I find it intriguing.

    There are a few tables that can give you a billion score easily if you just play it patiently and using the tables unique opportunities. These include Ms. Splosion Man, Paranormal, Wolverine, Ghost Rider and off course Spiderman. They are not the ones I am the proudest off for getting a Billion... these include Biolab, Pasha, Mars and Moon Knight. The one table that I would still love to get a Billion on, but where I always seem to choke is Blade (950mil). I also still need to put an effort in on Earth Defence and on the new tables. The one table where I know I will never get a billion (just like everybody else) is Iron man.

    Here is some tips from the past on how to get into the bigger scoring spheres on tables... it took me quite while before I broke through:

    - High scoring guides for Ms. Splosion Man and Paranormal.
    - Will the real pinball Wizards please stand up!!!
    - Virtues of playing Wizard modes.
    - When is a table perfect for you?
    - Who has all the achievements?

    Good luck!
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

    Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

    Discord server - PinStratsDan

    Twitter - PinStratsDan

    Facebook - PinStratsDan

    Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Wonderland, California
    Posts
    87

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    I have a chance and will take a look later today for the Xbox 360 Marvel AC scores. I have no idea at the moment how it compares... I find it intriguing.

    Here is some tips from the past on how to get into the bigger scoring spheres on tables... it took me quite while before I broke through:

    - High scoring guides for Ms. Splosion Man and Paranormal.
    - Will the real pinball Wizards please stand up!!!
    - Virtues of playing Wizard modes.
    - When is a table perfect for you?
    - Who has all the achievements?

    Good luck!
    MarvAven: 10 - 7 - 4 bill
    Fear: 3 - 1.7 - 1.6 bill
    InfinGaunt: 1.8 - 1.4 - 1.3 bill (I'm comin for that soon wims)
    Hulk: 4 - 3 - 2.5 bill
    Current tables 3 top scores, respectively.

    Doode... Those guides, along with heathen's, wits, n blue's dissections were, "pinball 101 : how to effectively analyze a pinball table" for me. Thnx, def appreciated.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Cloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CheshireGrin1221 View Post
    MarvAven: 10 - 7 - 4 bill
    Fear: 3 - 1.7 - 1.6 bill
    InfinGaunt: 1.8 - 1.4 - 1.3 bill (I'm comin for that soon wims)
    Hulk: 4 - 3 - 2.5 bill
    Current tables 3 top scores, respectively.

    Doode... Those guides, along with heathen's, wits, n blue's dissections were, "pinball 101 : how to effectively analyze a pinball table" for me. Thnx, def appreciated.
    Great... now if somebody can please give the top 3 for each of the tables for Playstation 3 I'll update the first post.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

    Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

    Discord server - PinStratsDan

    Twitter - PinStratsDan

    Facebook - PinStratsDan

    Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

  14. #14
    Senior Member Cloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CheshireGrin1221 View Post
    MarvAven: 10 - 7 - 4 bill
    Fear: 3 - 1.7 - 1.6 bill
    InfinGaunt: 1.8 - 1.4 - 1.3 bill (I'm comin for that soon wims)
    Hulk: 4 - 3 - 2.5 bill
    Current tables 3 top scores, respectively.

    Doode... Those guides, along with heathen's, wits, n blue's dissections were, "pinball 101 : how to effectively analyze a pinball table" for me. Thnx, def appreciated.
    InfinGaunt 2 - 1.8 - 1.5 bill
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

    Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

    Discord server - PinStratsDan

    Twitter - PinStratsDan

    Facebook - PinStratsDan

    Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

  15. #15
    Senior Member SwitchBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ohio, United States
    Posts
    137

    Default Top 3 Marvel Pinball (PS3) High Scores

    While playing a game of WW Hulk on the PS3 today, I remembered your thread and noted the top 3 high scores for each table. I went ahead and copied all the Marvel table scores on the PS3 just for reference. All scores are in billions unless noted.

    Blade- 5.7, 5.4, 5.3
    IronMan (millions) - 442, 420, 332
    Spiderman - 673.9, 408.0, 238.1
    Wolverine - 41.8, 17.0, 15.9
    Fantastic 4 - 21.2, 10.6, 10.0
    Captain America - 5.68, 4.48, 3.78
    X-Men - 4.8, 2.7, 2.3
    Thor - 13.49, 8.07, 5.55
    Moon Knight - 4.22, 1.09, 1.07
    Ghost Rider - 36.0, 30.9, 23.2
    Fear Itself - 5.150, 3.629, 1.897
    Infinity Gauntlet - 2.115, 1.711, 1.566
    WW Hulk - 2.764, 2.696, 2.442
    Avenger Chron. - 7.651, 7.230, 5.463
    Last edited by SwitchBlade; 07-14-2012 at 07:24 PM.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Cloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SwitchBlade View Post
    While playing a game of WW Hulk on the PS3 today, I remembered your thread and noted the top 3 high scores for each table. I went ahead and copied all the Marvel table scores on the PS3 just for reference. All scores are in billions unless noted.

    Blade- 5.7, 5.4, 5.3
    IronMan (millions) - 442, 420, 332
    Spiderman - 673.9, 408.0, 238.1
    Wolverine - 41.8, 17.0, 15.9
    Fantastic 4 - 21.2, 10.6, 10.0
    Captain America - 5.68, 4.48, 3.78
    X-Men - 4.8, 2.7, 2.3
    Thor - 13.49, 8.07, 5.55
    Moon Knight - 4.22, 1.09, 1.07
    Ghost Rider - 36.0, 30.9, 23.2
    Fear Itself - 5.150, 3.629, 1.897
    Infinity Gauntlet - 2.115, 1.711, 1.566
    WW Hulk - 2.764, 2.696, 2.442
    Avenger Chron. - 7.651, 7.230, 5.463
    Thank you. I updated the first thread with the score comparison for all 14 tables. Some serious hours have gone into those scores.

    I will update the scores as they are updated in this thread. I'm sure now that the scores are out there, that we might have a cross platform challenge on the go. I for one these days only play until I beat the Wizard mode on a table and get a billion, after that I leave it to the marathon runners to show us what is possible. I think it is about time that Zen hosts a cross platform tournament for one of the Marvel tables.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

    Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

    Discord server - PinStratsDan

    Twitter - PinStratsDan

    Facebook - PinStratsDan

    Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

  17. #17
    Senior Member caper_26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
    Wolverine is definitely in my "nemesis" table slot.
    Just keep the "Claw Save" and "Heal" on. Always nudge the table when the ball enters the left inlane/outlane area.
    Check out my youtube videos for basic pinball strategies: caperUnderscore26

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caper_26 View Post
    Just keep the "Claw Save" and "Heal" on. Always nudge the table when the ball enters the left inlane/outlane area.
    Oh yea, i know what needs to be done on the table. It took me forever to break 100 million on it. Mainly because for the longest time i never could defeat sabertooth. I do have all the achievements for the table. My main problem with the table is reliably collecting extra balls.

    This table to me is just "one of those tables" that is pretty ruthless with the drains on the outlane or down the middle.

    To me this table is just one of the few that I have a very hard time getting good scores on. I'd rather play wolverine a gazillion times over something like iron man and blade... those 2 tables i just ******* flat out "Gave up" on. They can go eat a giant you know what
    Last edited by Solitude; 08-01-2012 at 05:42 AM. Reason: stop f****** cussing. ****.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Advancing the multipliers to get an extra ball is really easy on the Wolverine table. Enable the claw save (very easy) and kickbacks (moderate). I then go for the extra ball by advancing the multipliers. Just hit alternating orbit shots when the orbit lane lights are not lit. You will probably start the sentinel mission once when trying to do this. But the orbit shots are very easy. Bounce passes are very reliable on this table and is a great technique for ball control.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •