Thread: Zen and Marvel Pinball are slow in SD

Question Zen and Marvel Pinball are slow in SD

Hi. Usually, i play with my PS3 on a HD TV with a HDMI connector but in holidays to my parents, I'm forced to play with a SD TV with a SCART connector. The fact is that I see that the gameplay is slower when I play on SD than on HD. No need to have the 2 screens just side by side, it's very easy to sense the difference.
    So, if the slower speed is good to see what is coming, it's really boring compare to the fastest speed on HD and I lost some marks.

Is this working as intended ? Why does the speed is not the same on HD and on SD ?
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Quote Originally Posted by Mammouth View Post
    Hi. Usually, i play with my PS3 on a HD TV with a HDMI connector but in holidays to my parents, I'm forced to play with a SD TV with a SCART connector. The fact is that I see that the gameplay is slower when I play on SD than on HD. No need to have the 2 screens just side by side, it's very easy to sense the difference.
    So, if the slower speed is good to see what is coming, it's really boring compare to the fastest speed on HD and I lost some marks.

Is this working as intended ? Why does the speed is not the same on HD and on SD ?
    I asked around, still not sure what would cause this to happen.

Smile

More information about speed and connection type/resolution can be found here.

https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...nnection-type&

So, it's the difference between 50Hz and 60Hz... I played others games and i don't see the difference...
    No pinball for me for 1 month...
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Quote Originally Posted by Mammouth View Post
    So, it's the difference between 50Hz and 60Hz... I played others games and i don't see the difference...
    No pinball for me for 1 month...
    Most games (Blu-ray) are multi region and usually support both 50Hz and 60Hz. The PSN games on the other hand usually don't, since the PSN is region locked.

What is feeling slow in the game? The flippers? Or the ball?

If it's the ball, then try turning off the arcade effects.

If it's the flippers, then go to the operator's menu and adjust the flipper sensitivity.

Note: Changing the flipper sensitivity won't deactivate the leader boards or trophies, since you're changing a feature and not making an adjustment to the table rules.
    Last edited by shogun00; 07-11-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Most games (Blu-ray) are multi region and usually support both 50Hz and 60Hz. The PSN games on the other hand usually don't, since the PSN is region locked.

What is feeling slow in the game? The flippers? Or the ball?

If it's the ball, then try turning off the arcade effects.

If it's the flippers, then go to the operator's menu and adjust the flipper sensitivity.

Note: Changing the flipper sensitivity won't deactivate the leader boards or trophies, since you're changing a feature and not making an adjustment to the table rules.
    Mammouth is right. I have tested this myself and noticed the slowdown.

It is not just some part of the game that becomes slow, it is the whole game that is just slower than when playing on HD HDMI.
    There is no adjustment that you can make in the game or on the television to correct it.

I can make a video if Zen needs some sort of proof !!
    Last edited by swprozee1; 07-12-2012 at 04:49 AM. Reason: typo