Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Infinity Gauntlet Table Tournament: July 20th-27th

Default The Infinity Gauntlet Table Tournament: July 20th-27th

Our next tournament goes live tomorrow!! Check out our blog for more info!

Cool

Very nice, thanks for the heads up Barbie. I missed the last one.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Excellent choice, now I just need to try and beat my Highscore which currently sits just over 800 Million... oh and one more thing "SUPREME!!!"

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

I've only been able to play in 2 of the tournaments since i started playing the game: Thor and Epic Quest (didn't buy ms splosion man because that table melts my eyeballs).

Just a question, to increase my tournament score i have to beat that score? Correct? think i set something like 880mil in epic quest. So i'll have to beat that on infinity gauntlet, correct?

Cool Why only 3-4 tournaments per year?

Is it really so difficult to host a tournament or is it costly? Just wondering why they are only held every 2-4 months? Hey BarbieBobomb, will Zen put some older tables into a tournament anytime soon? Digging the new pic.

It would have been dope if the actual Infinity Gauntlet Complete Collection Book was one of the prizes.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by theRonlyConly97 View Post
    Is it really so difficult to host a tournament or is it costly? Just wondering why they are only held every 2-4 months? Hey BarbieBobomb, will Zen put some older tables into a tournament anytime soon? Digging the new pic.
    It takes time and costs money. The way Sony/Microsoft work, we can't just set them up ourselves, we have to go through them, which isn't hard, just takes time. This is already the fourth one we've done since I started with Zen in February, and it's only July. I have plans for 2 more in the next 3 months. I'm sure I'll get around to the older tables (especially after ZP2 hits) for tournaments, but the next couple will be new ones. Oh, and if you guys don't like the prizes or choice of table, let me know, I'm the one who picks them out

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    It would have been dope if the actual Infinity Gauntlet Complete Collection Book was one of the prizes.
    I actually looked into comics for prizes... so expensive!

Aw, why did it have to be a table I'm no good at?

Oh well, at least when this tournament comes round I would have to pay particular attention to Infinity Gauntlet. It might make me a better player on it.

Still it could be worse. It could've been a tournament on Captain America, and I am really bad on that table.
    PSN: Jeppo99
    Feel free to friend me, but make sure you mention that you are from these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppo99 View Post
    Aw, why did it have to be a table I'm no good at?

Oh well, at least when this tournament comes round I would have to pay particular attention to Infinity Gauntlet. It might make me a better player on it.

Still it could be worse. It could've been a tournament on Captain America, and I am really bad on that table.
    Don't worry! Just chalk it up as practice. I chose this one because it seems to be the one everyone likes best out of the new pack. And besides, there's always more tournaments

Don't get me wrong; I love the table and its concept, the missions (the power gem mission is my favourite), the spacey design, the soundtrack, the script and voice-acting, the characters and the big gauntlet on the top-left corner of the screen. I'm just no good at it. :P

But then again I was no good at the Ghost Rider table before its tournament came along, then I blitzed out a 200 million score.

If I get in the top five percent of the leaderboard, I'll be happy.
    Feel free to friend me, but make sure you mention that you are from these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Don't worry! Just chalk it up as practice. I chose this one because it seems to be the one everyone likes best out of the new pack. And besides, there's always more tournaments
    IMO, IG is probably the most "Fair" out of all the tables in the new pack. No glitches i've encountered on it. No real way to repeat missions to get points, no boosting for the jackpots on certain modes like other tables. Everything about it is pretty damn consistent. Once you get the individual gem mission modes down it's not all that difficult to get to the wizard mode on. Pretty sure for these reasons are why I love the table so much.

I don't think there's any other table on fx2 on the 360 where I can consistently get into the hundreds of millions for score, and consistently get to the wizard mode.... well, wait... epic quest. Nevermind

I guess I'm in the minority. Fear Itself is hands down the best table in the Avengers Pack. At least IMO. IG is 3rd out of the 4. IG is a great tables but not my favorite. Fear Itself is a challenging and deep Table IMO.

I actually looked into comics for prizes... so expensive!
    Yep especially when its the Classics like Infinity Gauntlet, been wanting to get a Hard Back ver of it for ages.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Yep especially when its the Classics like Infinity Gauntlet, been wanting to get a Hard Back ver of it for ages.
    wish i bought them all when they were out. Think I only had 2 of the series, but probably sold them. Shame really.

Although i still have 3 of the original uncanny x-men dark phoenix saga comics. Shame that they ain't worth a penny without the other 3 books.

Oh, and if you guys don't like the prizes or choice of table, let me know, I'm the one who picks them out
    I will unfortunately not be able to play in this tournament, but I would have liked to though because IG is a great table for a tournament: not too long games, not crazy extra balls and spamming is not your best option. I don't really care which table is picked for a tournament, as long as it is not one of the spammable tables. Some people can afford to play a crazy amount of hours for a tournament but most of us only have a limited amount of time available. As such (and as the previous discussions have gone before your time) Zen's touted new tournament structure was planned to be based around the fact that a player can repeatedly improve on his tournament score as individual game lengths will be time limited in some way or manner. Will the new tournament structure still be implemented in the near future or is it also something that has shifted over to the realm of the mystical Pinball FX 3
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    I will unfortunately not be able to play in this tournament, but I would have liked to though because IG is a great table for a tournament: not too long games, not crazy extra balls and spamming is not your best option. I don't really care which table is picked for a tournament, as long as it is not one of the spammable tables. Some people can afford to play a crazy amount of hours for a tournament but most of us only have a limited amount of time available. As such (and as the previous discussions have gone before your time) Zen's touted new tournament structure was planned to be based around the fact that a player can repeatedly improve on his tournament score as individual game lengths will be time limited in some way or manner. Will the new tournament structure still be implemented in the near future or is it also something that has shifted over to the realm of the mystical Pinball FX 3
    For me personally my highest score on the IG table is a piddly 590 million. When i made that score it was good for 15th like less than a week since the game was released. I haven't bested that score since sadly.

Believe me, this table is the table i've put the most time into in the new pack. You can't spam it for points, haven't run into any glitches... the outlanes are NOT a problem on it at all... (bad shots that reflect down the middle are a problem though) You can achieve a high score on it relatively quick (only took me less than an hour to hit my score noted in the above paragraph), and to be honest with you... it's pretty much not that difficult to achieve. It really isn't. I'm generally terrible at this game, don't even have a 1+ billion score on ANY table. Closest i've been was on epic quest.

All you've gotta do for IG is get all the gems (not all the missions are hard, space gem still gives me fits but that's the only one), max out the time on thanos frenzy, make the most out of the half of the universe mode, and do your thing on warlock frenzy,..... wash, rinse repeat. Sure, it sounds easy since i'm typing it up... but hell, you've got a full week for this mode to throw up a good score.

Embrace the challenge my friend. Earn those slippers!!!! I'm sure they are very warm.

Question

How many times can we play this table during the tournament? If it's only once I think I'll play it offline a few times before I connect.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    How many times can we play this table during the tournament? If it's only once I think I'll play it offline a few times before I connect.
    You can play as many times as you like. Your highest score in the time period is the one that counts.

Thanks PSKay.

What time does this thing start? I've been checking all day and it still says: "No tournament is running at this moment. Please return later." I thought the 20th started at midnight, but more than half of the 20th has already passed and still no tournament. I'm anxious to begin.

Thanks PSKay.

What time does this thing start? I've been checking all day and it still says: "No tournament is running at this moment. Please return later." I thought the 20th started at midnight, but more than half of the 20th has already passed and still no tournament. I'm anxious to begin.
    It'll show up! Just have to wait for Microsoft to make it live

Why is Microsoft even involved? Do you have to pay them for tournaments?

Why is Microsoft even involved? Do you have to pay them for tournaments?
    Because it's on XBLA-- it is their system, developers can't bypass them to host tournaments or do updates of any kind. Same thing with Sony.

Hey XBLA Tournament players! It seems like there is a caching issue happening right now, we are working to resolve it, but in the meantime you can follow the directions below to fix this issue:

To resolve this, please go to Settings> System> Storage> Hard Drive> Games & Apps> Pinball FX2> Owned Tables. Delete the “Owned Tables” file, then start up Pinball FX2. Within 15 seconds, all of your data will return and you will be able to see and participate in the Infinity Gauntlet tournament. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused!

Ummmm, will this make your super score disappear?
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    No, it won't. Cracker tested it and said everything was there, it's just a caching issue. If you aren't comfortable doing this yourself, you can wait for Microsoft to fix it, but I don't know how long that will take.

I jsut did it, thanks a lot. Everything is ok guys if you follow her steps.

I jsut did it, thanks a lot. Everything is ok guys if you follow her steps.
    YAY!! Thanks for letting me know!

Hey XBLA Tournament players! It seems like there is a caching issue happening right now, we are working to resolve it, but in the meantime you can follow the directions below to fix this issue:

To resolve this, please go to Settings> System> Storage> Hard Drive> Games & Apps> Pinball FX2> Owned Tables. Delete the “Owned Tables” file, then start up Pinball FX2. Within 15 seconds, all of your data will return and you will be able to see and participate in the Infinity Gauntlet tournament. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused!
    Well at least there is a confirmed work around, hopefully this will be fixed promptly.

You and your Superscore

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

LOL. I knew someone was gonna say that, gggggrrrrrrrrr,haha. Hey don't want all my hard work to disappear is all, better to be safe than sorry right.

Oh, number 8 in the tourney ATM. How about you Shoruyken?

Oh, number 8 in the tourney ATM. How about you Shoruyken?
    lol and is there only 8 people on the boards I kid of course. Nah I probs wont get any time in today as its pretty late over here and will most likely be heading bed soon.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Cool. I don't think I'll hit that nice fat all time score of yours anyway,lol.

Deleting the Owned Tables file worked for me.

When I started PFx2 after deleting that file, all my of table icons were out of order. I selected Tournaments from the bottom bar and it said there were none. A few seconds later my table icon order fixed itself and I got a Saving message for a moment. After that everything was back to normal and I was able to enter the Tournament.

tl;dr
    After deleting the Owned Tables file, start the game and wait a minute or two on the table selection screen. You'll get a Saving message and after that everything will be okay.

Cool. I don't think I'll hit that nice fat all time score of yours anyway,lol.
    Yeh I think I was wielding the Infinity Gauntlet itself when I achieved that score, well hopefully the tournament will give me the incentive to beat it

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

LOL, nice one. Yeah same here.

bah!

i got this bug too!

Number 2 in the tourney when I went to bed last night. Now down to number 3. Not bad at all.

Default Infinity Gauntlet tourney

On my system is still says "no tournament running at this time" ???????????????????????
    And I just checked again 5min ago.

Cool This is exactly why I Go to this forum like my Bible

I just wanted everyone to see this again. Thanks so much Barbie, You are the best!

Deleting the owned tables file worked for me too. Firstly DON'T PANIC when you boot-up PbFX2 first of all as your missing tables will return. Secondly wait a short while (about 2 minutes) and the tourney WILL appear.

Thanks for the work around!

I'm amazed at a terrible game I had and only got 154million points and I'm ranked 31st.

Usually consistently get 400+ million. Although I am still a bit hung over from the weekend at the cottage.

“Owned Tables” save file delete then the Infinity Gauntlet tournament appear.
    Nope all table statistics data deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
    I'm amazed at a terrible game I had and only got 154million points and I'm ranked 31st.

Usually consistently get 400+ million. Although I am still a bit hung over from the weekend at the cottage.

I had a great game for the first time on IG. Made it to wizard mode for the first time but wasn't sure what to do. I think I had a my last shot to go up the monument ramp with seconds to spare but missed. anyway only gor 418m good enough only for 17th place on the PS3 boards. won't be even close to catching the guy that has 4B+. I guess finishing the game with all the extra balls possible is a must to do that.

Rarely play IG first time really delving into the table since release. My favorites have been FI and Avengers so IG has been left on the back-burner.

Great table by the way just not as good as FI which is my favorite by a land slide.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    I had a great game for the first time on IG. Made it to wizard mode for the first time but wasn't sure what to do. I think I had a my last shot to go up the monument ramp with seconds to spare but missed. anyway only gor 418m good enough only for 17th place on the PS3 boards. won't be even close to catching the guy that has 4B+. I guess finishing the game with all the extra balls possible is a must to do that.

Rarely play IG first time really delving into the table since release. My favorites have been FI and Avengers so IG has been left on the back-burner.

Great table by the way just not as good as FI which is my favorite by a land slide.
    yea that's the very end of the wizard mode, lock the last balls into the monument. That gets you an extra 10 million for doing so. You pretty much do have to get all the extra balls. I usually get 2 or 3 per game, but not all on the same ball. :|

Yep. Boozing and pinball will never mix boss.

Managed to get 300+ Million yesterday, had just to collect the Reality Gem to start The Warlock Frenzy Wizard Mode but drained 3 of my Extra Balls... was so pee'd off. Its well shy of my 812 Million game I had on the first week the Avengers Chronicles came out.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Yep. Boozing and pinball will never mix boss.
    what? You play games sober? Man... how... boring *edit* or you're just a kid. I dunno heh.

but in my defense, was at my cottage all weekend and that crappy game sunday night was the first time i played fx2 in a couple days.

In fact, most of my high scores are due to having some fun substances while playing. I plan on picking up a case or 3 to chase down my personal high score on the table for the rest of the week.

yeah, it's fun throwing a 40 in the freezer, cranking up the surround sound, and chilling with some online PB without the wife/kids. I often play when I come home from partying and such (either PB or Mario Kart), but I swear 10 times more when I am loaded!!
    PS: 800+ million on PS3 for this tourney so far
    Check out my youtube videos for basic pinball strategies: caperUnderscore26

Quote Originally Posted by caper_26 View Post
    Nice going!

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

yeah, it's fun throwing a 40 in the freezer, cranking up the surround sound, and chilling with some online PB without the wife/kids. I often play when I come home from partying and such (either PB or Mario Kart), but I swear 10 times more when I am loaded!!
    I absolutely know for a fact that i play certain games better while buzzed or just flat out hammered. Those are mainly the FPS games because I can't take the amount of "Bullshit" that happens while sober. Gotta get a bit looped first so I can just easily say "meh" when something crazy happens. It's much easier to tell yourself "don't freak out, you know what happened deal with it and move on and just focus on killing that guy over and over again and ignore everything else." That's pretty much what i do. Get revenge.

As for pinball. Yea..... i've might have gently "slammed" some drinks onto the glass top of a table when something happened when it shouldn't have happened. But it's kinda hard to do that virtually, because LCD widescreen HDTV's are expensive... and the top glass/plexiglass on a pinball table is much more sturdy at the old arcades.

Whenever i saw an older pinball table in the arcade with a gazillion cigarette burns and a drink holder on the side of the table... i KNEW i was playing a challenging table, and therefore I must conquer it.

*edit*
    i played a round a bit earlier with some drinks (hey, it's monday. Not working tonight or tomorrow. Starting it early today for shits n giggles)... didn't even make the wizard mode but for some odd reason I had a 350+ million score... with 3 extra balls. yea, not absolutely great but bumped up to 25th place or so. Looked at the 590 million mark (my pb) and that would have got me around 15th place or so. So yea, i know i can make that score and I know i can do better.... just. need. more. beer.

*DOUBLE BEER EDIT*

are you f'n kidding me??! I can't believe this just happened. Let me say this, this is why I like beer while playing this game. When no beer is involved, i tend to choke very easily on precise shots. When Beer is involved, I play MUCH more "loose" and i just go with the flow. Came sooooo close to my personal best of 590 million with a stupidly epic chaotic awesome game. I hit the wizard mode in 10 minutes flat, no joke. First three gems i got were space, mind, and reality (reality with 1 ball i might add) and was LAUGHING because after that i instantly hit half of the universe mode and got the Power gem for finishing it. Nailed the time/mini game gem mode after that and was just on a goddamn roll.

Wouldn't you f'n know it on the 2nd run through of the mode i got 5 gems, 3 extra balls, and FAILED 3 times on the mini game mode twice. Last time it came up i thought "oh i got this" and nope, bad bounce and drained. When the ball shot out again, caught the ball... bad bounce, drain down the middle. Was just a stupidly fast drain I just couldn't even react... believe me, wasn't due to the brew. My mouth just dropped.

Yes, I'm highly annoyed right now but that was just the most abnormal round I've had on the table ever. Never finished the wizard mode SOOOO quickly before... it was just so stupidly fast how i collected all the gems I was already at 200 million points... 10 minutes into the round. UUUUUUUUG. Few bad bounces and that's a wrap.
    Jumped into the top 20 with it but i'm still buzzing (naturally) over that stupidly epic quick round. That entire game lasted less than 30 minutes. Was bar none the quickest game I've ever got a score that high on in fx 2.

Thanks beer!!!! Jesus, after the rush of that insanely stupid fast round I don't think I can bring myself to play this for the rest of the night, because I damn well know I won't be able to replicate it with how I'm feeling right now. But goddamn it was awesome. Fuck, really want to get into the top 15 at least. I know I have no chance at the top 5 spots or so... but i thought for sure that game i would get through the wizard mode at least twice... which I haven't done on any table, but I damn well know i CAN do it on this table. uuug. it's how the silver ball bounces.
    Last edited by DarkKodiaK; 07-23-2012 at 09:15 PM. Reason: quick edit. *double edit*

Managed to get 300+ Million yesterday, had just to collect the Reality Gem to start The Warlock Frenzy Wizard Mode but drained 3 of my Extra Balls... was so pee'd off. Its well shy of my 812 Million game I had on the first week the Avengers Chronicles came out.
    uuuug that sucks. There's nothing that sucks more than having crap bounces that waste your extra ball. Especially once you collect the extra ball and then it randomly drains... which happened to me twice in my previous post. Feel for you on that.

Reality gem can be a total PITA with just 1 single ball. Did it on my previous double beer edit post, and have done it in the past. It just feel so damn random to get it with 1 ball... when you get it with 1 ball you feel like a total boss. But when you have multiball stacked on it you can just randomly mash the flippers and 80% of the time you'll get that gem no problem. Even better when you've got monument and gauntlet multiball going around. It's amazing how quick you can finish that mode with 4 balls flying around.

as for me, i've never been close to my 699 million score on the avengers table and that was literally my 5th game on the table just a couple of days after the pack came out, and that's still my highest score out of the 4 new tables.

yea... i've gotta tear myself away from this game for the next few hours. Such a fun feeling rush when you do good, and even more crushing when you know you're doing excellent and then that bad bounce ends your game. I just can't bring myself to jump back right into it without "cooling down" first.

Defo agree m8, cooling off before trying again is the best strategy for sure.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Defo agree m8, cooling off before trying again is the best strategy for sure.
    yea believe me. That's exactly what the FPS games taught me.

Once you get through a hyper game and the emotions are high. You just can't go back. You really cant.
    Playing this table again this day isn't anywhere close on my radar.

Don't matter if it's pinball or call of duty or battlefield 3, or even goddamn trials evolution (goddamn you!!!!). Just not worth it. With age, comes acceptance.

I found that I play the Reality Gem mode much better when I lay upside down on my ottoman to play it, lol! I just have to remind myself that the flippers are backwards when I do that. And starting multiball during the Reality Gem mission is pretty interesting too. It usually makes it a little easier for me.
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    I found that I play the Reality Gem mode much better when I lay upside down on my ottoman to play it, lol! I just have to remind myself that the flippers are backwards when I do that. And starting multiball during the Reality Gem mission is pretty interesting too. It usually makes it a little easier for me.
    It's absolutely 200% easier to beat that mode with 2 or 3 or 4 balls flying around the table.

But as for lying upside down. Really?? I'm just too goddamn lazy to even bothering to do that. I got a couple coffee tables in front of my couch.. and an evil cat that likes to scratch anything that moves around "her" couch. Come play this at my place and try that shit with an evil cat trying to vie for your attention... and clawing at your face as you hang upside down from your couch :P

It really isn't THAT hard to complete that mode upside down on the tv. Your flipper controls are well.. flipped. Even though the table is upside down... right = left and left = right. It's not all that terrible to beat that 1 mode with 1 ball.. it's just.. hard. Why bother doing that? My cat would claw my eyeballs out in a second if i did that. At least if I'm sitting upright I can kick that little bitch across the room

With multiball it's pretty easy. Not 100% easy... but like i said earlier... 80% easier compared to just 1 single ball flying around on the table.

There is no way that you will play better while on an buzz. Pinball is firstly a hand eye coordination game and secondly a reaction game. The times I have played after having a few drinks never got anywhere close to my top scores... can just then not concentrate for long enough.

It is always amazing how the power of affirmation can override any semblance of common sense
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Question Is Infinity Gauntlet just like Epic Quest?

In respect to you only being able to obtain 2 extra balls per ball. Can you acquire 6 extra balls in a perfect game? This Tourney really got me hooked on IG! I knew it was a great table the 1st day it was out, but I have a deeper appreciation for it now! What a beyond fun experience. Bravo Zen once again. As for lying upside down to get the Reality Gem, Come on, we are better than that. Do it with a multi-ball. I love DarkKodiaK's logic, but 80% eaiser with multi-ball. Where did you come up with that number? I was LMMFAO!
    Last edited by theRonlyConly97; 07-24-2012 at 10:14 AM.

In respect to you only being able to obtain 2 extra balls per ball. Can you acquire 6 extra balls in a perfect game? This Tourney really got me hooked on IG! I knew it was a great table the 1st day it was out, but I have a deeper appreciation for it now! What a beyond fun experience. Bravo Zen once again. As for lying upside down to get the Reality Gem, Come on, we are better than that. Do it with a multi-ball. I love DarkKodiaK's logic, but 80% eaiser with multi-ball. Where did you come up with that number? I was LMMFAO!
    You can get all five extra balls that IG has in one ball. The reality gem is a doozy. I sometimes intentionally drain my balls when I need to hit that giveback shot, just to get it made so I can proceed on to easier shots.

Gives new meaning to a rush of Blood lol

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    There is no way that you will play better while on an buzz. Pinball is firstly a hand eye coordination game and secondly a reaction game. The times I have played after having a few drinks never got anywhere close to my top scores... can just then not concentrate for long enough.

It is always amazing how the power of affirmation can override any semblance of common sense
    Some people can handle it, some can't. Fact is I came 20 million shy of my personal best of 590 million last night (which was achieved sober) while drinking.

so um... there goes your theory

It's absolutely 200% easier to beat that mode with 2 or 3 or 4 balls flying around the table.

But as for lying upside down. Really?? I'm just too goddamn lazy to even bothering to do that. I got a couple coffee tables in front of my couch.. and an evil cat that likes to scratch anything that moves around "her" couch. Come play this at my place and try that shit with an evil cat trying to vie for your attention... and clawing at your face as you hang upside down from your couch :P

It really isn't THAT hard to complete that mode upside down on the tv. Your flipper controls are well.. flipped. Even though the table is upside down... right = left and left = right. It's not all that terrible to beat that 1 mode with 1 ball.. it's just.. hard. Why bother doing that? My cat would claw my eyeballs out in a second if i did that. At least if I'm sitting upright I can kick that little bitch across the room

With multiball it's pretty easy. Not 100% easy... but like i said earlier... 80% easier compared to just 1 single ball flying around on the table.
    Well, I don't have an evil cat to contend with, but I do have a wife and two kids that are an occasional distraction. Small price to pay though As far as the playing upside down goes, it just makes it easier for me. A lot easier. Before, I would only complete that mission about 20% of the time. Now that I've more or less mastered playing it upside down I finish it like 80% of the time. My ottoman is pretty big and comfortable. Do you want a pic of me playing upside down? LOL! The funny thing is my 5 year old son lays upside to watch me play it too, lol!

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Dark, I wish I had a day off to just drink & play. I f'd up during my 1.099 Billion game yesterday because my kid was nagging, nagging, NAGGING for half of it... I know what you mean though...you are on a roll, and then you lose like 3 or 4 balls in a row... SDTM is definitely this table's weak spot. I half to learn how to do the 'slap save' by reactively to be able to increase my score. Slap save is where you know it's going SDTM and you hit your flipper so that it will be straight out left-to-right (not all the way up) as the ball is there, and then nudge the table at the same time. I am 4th I think on ps3 atm.

EDIT: 1.5 bill
    Last edited by caper_26; 07-26-2012 at 02:09 AM.

Alcoohol doesn't make high scores.
    Either going to church and pray (but that might have worked before sunday).
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

FINALLY!!!

after all this time, I finally have my 1+ billion score. Barely over a billion, but I'll take it... and I'll take 13th place overall for the effort. Sadly, the lowest of the billion scores on the tournament

FINALLY!!!

after all this time, I finally have my 1+ billion score. Barely over a billion, but I'll take it... and I'll take 13th place overall for the effort. Sadly, the lowest of the billion scores on the tournament
    Gratz!!! I'm not even half way there. My best on the PSN is 418M and that's on the PSN. Of course I can't even see my scores because I can't seem to see any type of scoreboards for any of the tables for marvel.

Cool

Nice score. Im still tryin just to stay in top 100.

Gratz!!! I'm not even half way there. My best on the PSN is 418M and that's on the PSN. Of course I can't even see my scores because I can't seem to see any type of scoreboards for any of the tables for marvel.
    Is there some sort of default filter like there is on the 360 while viewing scores? On the 360 it just shows your place/name until you hit x or y to switch from friends scores to worldwide scores.

I don't read long comments. I select the text then press a hotkey and my computer reads it to me while I do other things. DarkKodiaK's comments have been the best I've heard in a long time. Others that had be laughing were:

I sometimes intentionally drain my balls
    - BPestZ

Well, I don't have an evil cat to contend with, but I do have a wife
    - Bearded_Warrior

- wims

I don't read long comments. I select the text then press a hotkey and my computer reads it to me while I do other things. DarkKodiaK's comments have been the best I've heard in a long time. Others that had be laughing were:

- BPestZ

- Bearded_Warrior

- wims
    Hahahahaaha! Wow-- I bet they are even funnier when read out loud by your computer!

I'd like to thank the fine people at molson for their fine cheap brand of lager called Carling.

I'd like to thank the fine people at molson for their fine cheap brand of lager called Carling.
    haha , you really like beer m8 .... you should try out our beer from switzerland , thaths a good 1 to lol

Caffrey's is all I have to say.

- BPestZ

- Bearded_Warrior

- wims
    LMFAO

I am going to be thinking of this next time I post.

Angry I've been robbed!

I want to start by saying that his tournament was quirky from the get go.( No fault belongs to you, BarbieBobomb) That being said I had a great experience, even though my last and best score didn't count for the tournament. I started the game during it, but didn't finish in time I suppose. I started at 4:00p.m. and finished right at 8:00 PST, but my score of 1,437,101,676 only counted on the All-Time leader board and not for the tourney bonus. Still though I'm not that mad, just slightly disappointed. Just wanted to see if any one has had an experience like mine during any of the past tournaments or during this one. I still had #11 in the tourney with 1,160,401,807 but I should've #7. Thanks again Barbie because these tournaments make FX2 Pinball so addictive. I could really tell that everybody was playing the last few days, because no one was posting anything interesting.

Cool Bravo to Deep and to everyone at Zen Studios

I love the tournaments, because they force you to play tables that you normally don't, and get you to be a better pinball player. Deep, Infinity Gauntlet is spectacular and truly perfect in all aspects, you should be proud. I look forward to all of your future projects. I also love your feedback on the IG official thread, as it helped me crack this table. BarbieBobomb, when is the next tournament? How about Fear Itself?

I love the tournaments, because they force you to play tables that you normally don't, and get you to be a better pinball player. Deep, Infinity Gauntlet is spectacular and truly perfect in all aspects, you should be proud. I look forward to all of your future projects. I also love your feedback on the IG official thread, as it helped me crack this table. BarbieBobomb, when is the next tournament? How about Fear Itself?
    Thank you! I am absolutely proud Feedbacks are good, I agree with that

Cool

IG would be my first pick for the next tourney as well. Then MN. One a month would be cool, and perhaps a top voted table once a year from the forums here.

Smile

FI is what I meant for the next tourney. Tired, 12 hr night shift.

We here at the forums should be able to vote on every tournament table.

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    Thank you! I am absolutely proud Feedbacks are good, I agree with that
    Out of curiosity, what table are you working on now? I'd love to know what we have to look forward to from you

Out of curiosity, what table are you working on now? I'd love to know what we have to look forward to from you
    Good luck with getting an answer on that one!

Naturally, I can't tell yet, but it is the deepest, real pinball alike table I have ever designed.

We here at the forums should be able to vote on every tournament table.
    Vote on what? On the table for each tournament? I decide which table we do tournaments on so just let me know!

Naturally, I can't tell yet, but it is the deepest, real pinball alike table I have ever designed.
    Well, I must say that's quite deep. In more ways than one. I cannot wait.

I think you are the only table designer that creates tables that look and behave completely different to each other, which is good. Keep it up!

I know you can't tell, lol! I was just hoping you might slip up and drop some details. Looking forward to it either way though.

P.S. I finally beat The Infinity Gauntlet today! And I have to tell you that is not only my favorite pinball table ever, it's also one of my all-time favorite games. Thanks again for creating such a masterpiece!

Vote on what? On the table for each tournament? I decide which table we do tournaments on so just let me know!
    If I were voting I would say Fear Itself for the next tournament. I think it's the most overlooked of the new pack and deserves some more love and appreciation.
    Last edited by Bearded_Warrior; 07-29-2012 at 12:14 AM.

I'm deeply interested to find out more lol.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Umm... I'm not sure telling everyone that, was the best idea.
    You just made yourself everyone's new best friend, but that can get pretty demanding after awhile.

Ever show up at a day care with a bag of candy?
    Everyone who gets a piece, loves you. All those that don't , to put it lightly, they won't be so loving anymore.

Good luck,
    And may the force be with you, girl.

Oh now you're just toying with us. As much as I love the new tables I want more. I'm not sure why that is. I'm a pinball junkie now. I think I played all the marvel tables today.

Once ZP2 is out I would think that the popcap table will be announced. Supposedly they said end of summer but that depends.

what were final scores like for this tourny on xbox?

what were final scores like for this tourny on xbox?
    Well i checked the scores about an hour ago or so. First place was 3.8 billion, second not too far behind. Third place a bit further behind. All top 3 were in the 3 billion mark.

I finished in 13th with my post i made earlier in this thread about my score (thanks Carling beer!). So that didn't change within the last couple days since then.
    For me personally I'm happy as hell to finally make 1+ billion on any table since i started playing this game in February this year. For this tournament specifically, i really only played for a short amount of time on 3 different days. Eh, work sucks.

i really could use some damn slippers, does 13th place get me some slippers?!?!

what? You play games sober? Man... how... boring *edit* or you're just a kid. I dunno heh.

but in my defense, was at my cottage all weekend and that crappy game sunday night was the first time i played fx2 in a couple days.

In fact, most of my high scores are due to having some fun substances while playing. I plan on picking up a case or 3 to chase down my personal high score on the table for the rest of the week.
    I perfer more sophisticated performance enhancing drugs. For me, alcohol and Video games/ TV screens jsut dont mix. And I don't like beer since it's so disgusting.

Well i checked the scores about an hour ago or so. First place was 3.8 billion, second not too far behind. Third place a bit further behind. All top 3 were in the 3 billion mark.

I finished in 13th with my post i made earlier in this thread about my score (thanks Carling beer!). So that didn't change within the last couple days since then.
    For me personally I'm happy as hell to finally make 1+ billion on any table since i started playing this game in February this year. For this tournament specifically, i really only played for a short amount of time on 3 different days. Eh, work sucks.

i really could use some damn slippers, does 13th place get me some slippers?!?!

3billion on the Xbox? Wonder what it was on the PSN? I can't see any weekly score for any of the marvel tables for some reason so I don't know. Someone told me I was 8th with just over 1billion. Not bad I think for a table that I only got into because of the tournament.

I really think they should not have extra balls available to you for future tournaments. It's something they really should consider. The only reason I got the score I got was because of the multitude of extra balls. Silver surfer, multipliers, left plunger, Mistress sweepstake (Rare but there) I think there is 1 more I'm not sure but I got at least 4 in the game that I scored that billion.

I don't mind getting those extra balls in regular play if you are shooting for high scores and score chasing with friends but in tourney play, Like PAPA, they should be turned off and those extra balls be converted into jackpots of some sort. It may dissuade many players but there should be some way to make tournaments fun for everybody involved.

Wonder what it was on the PSN?
    on PSN, over 4 billion #1, and I was 4th with 2 billion +

Default Infinity Gauntlet Tournament/Random Drawing Winners

Have these been announced yet?

Quote Originally Posted by BootToTheKool View Post
    Have these been announced yet?
    I contacted all the winners via private message on XBLA and PSN

I contacted all the winners via private message on XBLA and PSN

: ( < - - - sad face

Quote Originally Posted by BootToTheKool View Post
    : ( < - - - sad face
    Either you knew you were a winner or not, it wasn't a random drawing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Actually, there was a random drawing for codes

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen Blog
    The top 3 high scores will receive a code for our next Zen Pinball/Pinball FX2 DLC and a pair of Zen Studios slippers! As always, there will be a random drawing for codes.
    Just an FYI Snakeman07, there has always been a random drawing for those that participated in the tournaments.
    Last edited by shogun00; 08-10-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast