Thread: The Infinity Gauntlet Table Tournament: July 20th-27th

Default The Infinity Gauntlet Table Tournament: July 20th-27th

Our next tournament goes live tomorrow!! Check out our blog for more info!

I'll participate, but don't expect a really high score from me. I'm saving all of that for when ZP2 releases.

Yeah, same here. Unfortunately, since I had surgery on my back and recovered, I no longer have the time to master all the tables and get some really good scores. During recovery was the only time I have had #1 scores (Shaman, Tesla, ...), and they have since been beaten. I go online now from time to time for multiplayer only, presently working on my Fear Itself mulitplayer score. I will give this tourney a go, but I still haven't even figured it totally out yet...would be nice to know how to activate kickbacks even! Good luck to all. Keep that silver ball alive!

---------
    Check out my youtube videos for basic pinball strategies: caperUnderscore26
    Last edited by caper_26; 07-19-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Whoa. Haven't played too much IG since release. With this tourney and the league for PSN playing Shaman, I'll be pretty busy trying to better my scores for both tables. Really wish ZP2 would have been here already. The slowdown after locking the ball really irks the heck out of me. Not only that. Shaman would probably play quite differently with the new Physics implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Whoa. Haven't played too much IG since release. With this tourney and the league for PSN playing Shaman, I'll be pretty busy trying to better my scores for both tables. Really wish ZP2 would have been here already. The slowdown after locking the ball really irks the heck out of me. Not only that. Shaman would probably play quite differently with the new Physics implemented.
    I agree! I would have liked to wait until ZP2 for a tournament, but it'll be here soon enough. Besides, we haven't had a tournament on PSN for a while, so it was definitely time, with or without ZP2!

I'll try, probably not my hardest though lol We'll see what happens This will be my first tournament though

Question

I just looked into that blog post Barbie, what's it mean by a "full game" anyways? I'm in irregardless though. Also, what time will it start Midnight PDT?
    PSN ID: draig3791

Quote Originally Posted by draig3791 View Post
    I just looked into that blog post Barbie, what's it mean by a "full game" anyways? I'm in irregardless though. Also, what time will it start Midnight PDT?
    A full game means starting a new game and going until you get "Game Over." It usually starts sometime in the late morning/early afternoon, depending on when Microsoft pushes the button, so to speak

Wink

Umh, I don't have an xbox. I play only on PS3 but anywho. I'll prolly drop in on that in the evening then.
    PSN ID: draig3791

Quote Originally Posted by draig3791 View Post
    Umh, I don't have an xbox. I play only on PS3 but anywho. I'll prolly drop in on that in the evening then.
    Haha I meant to put MS & Sony.

A new pinball tournament ?
    French Pinball Mafia, ASSEMBLE !
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Quote Originally Posted by Mammouth View Post
    A new pinball tournament ?
    French Pinball Mafia, ASSEMBLE !
    haha , no do not ASSEMBLE , i'm scared allready .... by the way ... what is happened with Hypno74 ? not online , no scores on new tables... Hypno where are you ?????

He is probably offline working on high scores, and will sign in to post them, lol. Actually, I saw last night he was online recently.

Another thing, I went into "tournaments" and pressed "X" to join this tournament, but nothing happened. I have a saved game in progress, prior to tournament start time. Will this score be reflected I wonder? (when the game ends?)

Quote Originally Posted by caper_26 View Post
    Another thing, I went into "tournaments" and pressed "X" to join this tournament, but nothing happened. I have a saved game in progress, prior to tournament start time. Will this score be reflected I wonder? (when the game ends?)
    You have to start fresh, I believe.

Yup, you have to start a new game

Indeed, it's been a while since the last tourney.
    Nothing better than fighting your way to get to the top 100...! lol
    Thank you for the news Barbie!
    PSN: DreamyElf

Well, how did I manage that? On the Infinity Gauntlet, which is, or was, my bogey table, I somehow managed 138 million on the first go! I even got to the Thanos Frenzy stage with four gems acquired! The two I didn't get, the Power Gem and the Soul Gem, are usually the ones I get with relative ease compared to the other four, so I could've easily got all six. I was a little lucky with the Reality Gem mission though. I never completed that mission before, but it was the last gem that was activated, and then I somehow activated two multiball modes at the same time.

Still, a 100M+ score was definitely not what I was expecting to reach, especially after a particularly lousy first ball. It's enough to place 11th on the tournament leaderboard for now. How the guy at the top got over a billion is beyond me.
    PSN: Jeppo99
    Feel free to friend me, but make sure you mention that you are from these forums.

Talking Awesome choice

Finally a table that doesn't allow you to score billions upon billions. At least not for me anyways. Finally a low scoring skill table. Really puts you to the test

Cool

My third try at the tourn I managed to get 107 m. Played many IG since release and had only 42 m. Just tryin to stay in top 100 by end of 6 more days. Those top few scores are incredible, must need a few extra balls and alot of PB skills to achieve those kind of points. Great work ZEN, hope to see a FI or MN tourney in the future.

Mammouth SMASH !
    I put an heavy pressure from the first day. Now, i can continue my holidays

Mammouth SMASH !
    I put an heavy pressure from the first day. Now, i can continue my holidays
    Yeah, I saw the four billion you put up last night. Thanks a lot buddy, lol.
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

I can't even play the tourney. I click on tournament in the options and nothing happens. I click on scoreboards for other tables and nothing happens. I can play the tables but I don't scores will reflect what I've done.

Kind of frustrating. I'm nor sure If I'm the only one having this problem. I even reinstalled it and still nothing. I didn't delete it entirely my local scores and friends scores are still there but when I can't see any weekly or all-time scores.

I can't even play the tourney. I click on tournament in the options and nothing happens. I click on scoreboards for other tables and nothing happens. I can play the tables but I don't scores will reflect what I've done.

Kind of frustrating. I'm nor sure If I'm the only one having this problem. I even reinstalled it and still nothing. I didn't delete it entirely my local scores and friends scores are still there but when I can't see any weekly or all-time scores.
    The tournament menu doesn't work for me either, but selecting Infinity Gauntlet and simply starting a new game has updated my tournament status. Beyond that, I'd perhaps take a shot at troubleshooting the PSN side, making sure everything is working fine. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by chiralfox View Post
    The tournament menu doesn't work for me either, but selecting Infinity Gauntlet and simply starting a new game has updated my tournament status. Beyond that, I'd perhaps take a shot at troubleshooting the PSN side, making sure everything is working fine. Hope that helps.
    Yeah, when I click Play Tournament, it won't work, but just starting a new game works for it.

well, I managed 800+ million, without even understanding half of the tables rules. I just figured out today, how to use the powershot properly, AND how to change the gauntlet return lanes to help with powershots and givebacks (kickbacks). Also had a "Gauntlet Saver" today as well, so I am hoping these new strategies will help me past the 1 billion mark. I lost a ball today because it rolled down the table as the silver surfer was in the way, and I didn't even know it drained until it was too late. very annoying! Mammouth, awesome score dude...
    Last thing, I had a game in progress when the tourney started, and it DID post my score to the scoreboard when I was done.
    One more thing, I see elmafioso creeping up his score too

Default Gauntlet return lanes

well, I managed 800+ million, without even understanding half of the tables rules. I just figured out today, how to use the powershot properly, AND how to change the gauntlet return lanes to help with powershots and givebacks (kickbacks). Also had a "Gauntlet Saver" today as well, so I am hoping these new strategies will help me past the 1 billion mark. I lost a ball today because it rolled down the table as the silver surfer was in the way, and I didn't even know it drained until it was too late. very annoying! Mammouth, awesome score dude...
    Last thing, I had a game in progress when the tourney started, and it DID post my score to the scoreboard when I was done.
    One more thing, I see elmafioso creeping up his score too
    You can pick them "control" them? How? I thought it was random!

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoKing View Post
    You can pick them "control" them? How? I thought it was random!
    I believe every time you go up a gauntlet ramp, it will change. You'll see the bumpers flash the color of the gem.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    I believe every time you go up a gauntlet ramp, it will change. You'll see the bumpers flash the color of the gem.
    Nope There is a sparkling column where the next ball is going to appear. This sparkling can be changed with almost every shot on the table

Another question.

Hitting the bumpers after playing a gem mission harvest souls for half of the universe multiball. Sometimes keeping the ball up there is difficult other times it seems like there is a magnet keeping the ball from going down the surfboard. Why is That?

Another question.

Hitting the bumpers after playing a gem mission harvest souls for half of the universe multiball. Sometimes keeping the ball up there is difficult other times it seems like there is a magnet keeping the ball from going down the surfboard. Why is That?
    The "magnet" is only active if you succeed in the gem mission. If not, you can hit the bumpers, but the magnet will not be active.

The "magnet" is only active if you succeed in the gem mission. If not, you can hit the bumpers, but the magnet will not be active.

Ah good to know. Thanks.

yeah, you will see a little 'dust cloud' on the lane where the ball will be returned if you hit either gauntlet ramp. Hit the spinners if you want it on something else. It is kinda like el Dorado spinner for picking a mission. You don't know where it will end up, but you have a chance of changing it.

Unhappy Where did my score go???

My all-time high score for I.G. before the tournament was 112+ million. While playing the tournament I was up to 56+ million until two days ago when I scored 319+million, securing 14th place. Before shutting down for the evening my score was bumped one place to 15th. When I scored the 319+ it replaced my tournament bonus from the Thor tournament, where I am on the leaderboard at 68th place, and is still showing the 319+. BUT, when I scored the 319+ it said "Congrats, this is your new high score" not "tournament" high score. I thought that was very odd!! THEN, when I played this morning before work, I scored a 66+ million and it said "tounament" high score. I checked the leaderboard and my 319+ was gone, replaced by the 66+. Heartbroken! Why??? Someone please explain, makes me not want to play the rest of the tournament. And that really sucks because I love this game, I play for hours every day!!!!!

welcome to the game & forums. I have stopped trying to understand what is going on with the leaderboards since ZenPinball. They still havent fixed the glitch where people have gigazillions of points for multiplayer on some of the tables...

EDIT: 1.5 billion. ugh...drained last 2 balls almost instantly.
    Last edited by caper_26; 07-26-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Oh ! I received my first "cheater" message !
    Thanks to Scarface_07, but the text was way too short to report him...

hah hah. i dont think it is possible to cheat in PB. I used to get msgs like that all the time in multiplayer... like: "It is impossible to score that fast!" hah!

Well I won't be getting any slippers but somehow managed to squeak into the Top Ten! Was so psyched, finally broke past first shot at Wizard mode and got the badge. Pandora was on a roll, almost 850m! I don't know how long that game lasted, seemed like forever. I can't imagine what 4 billion game length was. I think I'll just settle with what I just did, know I wont be touching that. Just hope it holds up for the next few hours, wonder what the cut off time is in case I get another itch...anywho hadn't posted on here in a bit but was happy to finally get a chance to get in on a tourney. BTW anyone know what the little badge on the selection page is for? Participation in the tourney? It's above the trophy slots on the right.
    PSN: Loc_Dog_ (feel free 2 add, mention ZP2 or these forums if you will! )
    Wizarded on ZP2: Avengers, Infinity Gauntlet, Captain America, Plants vs Zombies, Ghost Rider, X-MEN, Epic Quest, Sorcerer's Lair, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Blade, Paranormal

Quote Originally Posted by Loc_Dog_ View Post
    BTW anyone know what the little badge on the selection page is for? Participation in the tourney? It's above the trophy slots on the right.
    The badge is there to let you know that a tournament is occurring on that table.

I'm not sure I am even participating in this tournament as I have this bug on the score boards. I can play all the a see my all time score but can't compare to my friends weekly score or any other tables at all. I click tournaments/scoreboards there is a sound but nothing happens.

I just broke a billion today on this table. Had my best game ever thanks to the multitude of extra balls available to you. My score is 1,075 billion.

If by any chance someone could tell me where I'm at on the leader-boards? I'm pretty sure I'm not in top 10 but would like to see in comparison to other players.

PSN Id tenorgamer (want to change but can't)

Thanks in advance. And Shoguun, I tried your suggestion from that thread and it didn't work. Thanks though.

I saw your name on the tournament leaderboard last night near mine at around 450-500 million last night. It said 1 day remaining last night so I am not exactly sure when the tournament ends. If you don't hear back from anybody soon, I can check to see if your new score posted later tonight.

You were 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    You were 8th.

Wow cool. Didn't expect top 10 but that is reassuring. This was a great table for a tournament I think. Now if I cold only see my other scores from other tables and compare them to my friends scores. Sigh. ZP2 can't come soon enough.

French Pinball Mafia, I am proud of you for the 3 first places.
    Jltcc, you let a non-french go to the 4th place, you have deceived the SPECTRE...

wtf, did someone knock me outta 3rd? I couldnt play last night.. I was playing live music at a party which was way more fun !

Cool

Now that France won again the tournament, we have the same request than after the Ghost Rider Tournament : we want the PS3 section of Zen Forums to be in the colors of France (and don't forget all the stereotypes : Croissant, Beret, "La Marseillaise", a mime artist and accordion music).
    Hey, you can make a table with that !
    Last edited by Mammouth; 07-28-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Can we also make old jokes about France?

French National Motto: When the going gets tough, "We Surrender"

Why are the streets of Paris lined with trees? Because the Germans don't like to march in the sun.

Now that France won again the tournament, we have the same request than after the Ghost Rider Tournament : we want the PS3 section of Zen Forums to be in the colors of France (and don't forget all the stereotypes : Croissant, Beret, "La Marseillaise", a mime artist and accordion music).
    Hey, you can make a table with that !
    No! No! Please don't let it happen!
    PSN: Jeppo99
    Feel free to friend me, but make sure you mention that you are from these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Can we also make old jokes about France?

French National Motto: When the going gets tough, "We Surrender"

Why are the streets of Paris lined with trees? Because the Germans don't like to march in the sun.
    Yeah, we know theses "jokes", but we prefer to make jokes about belgians.
    You forget to quote Captain America in "Fear Itself" : "Surrender ? Is this letter on my head is a F for France ?" But it's not the subject of this topic.

But, do you know why most roads on France are lined with trees, especially in the south ? Before the construction of highways (from 1930 to 1960), it was for the confort of Parisians who go on summer holidays, to be on the shadow when they were on a traffic jam. And now, it's for the confort of Germans who like to give us their money on our beach

I miss real french crepes MMMmmm

awsome Scores you made my French-Maffia Guys.... & " Mammouth stomped me , little Caveman down like a Fly " lol