Thread: Zen Pinball 2 Has Been Released on Mac

Cool Zen Pinball 2 Has Been Released on Mac

..... it's a free download on the Mac App Store. I've just installed it. Also includes Sorcerers Lair for free with the ability to purchase the Marvel Avengers tables!!

Now need it to come out on the other formats!

You almost got me excited then. But then I realised it isn't Wednesday yet.
    PSN: Jeppo99
    Feel free to friend me, but make sure you mention that you are from these forums.

I thought this was a bulls*** post. But to my surprise, zen pinball 2 has been released on the Mac app store! What the hell? Absolutely no news from zen about the release of Zen Pinball 2 on a brand new platform with the avengers pack. Many thanks to motormusic. I would have never known about this. This is my preferred platform too. I could have saved some money. Though, zp2 seems to require OSX Lion. I downgraded from lion because it was causing huge problems with my wifi adapter. I assume this will be compatible with mountain lion 10.8 that is going to be released in the next week or two. I will skip lion and get mountain lion and download this. I am shocked that there has been no announcements about this. Barbie, can we at least get a Mac forum please?
    Last edited by Solitude; 07-21-2012 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Asterisks. You know, for kids.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    I thought this was a bulls*** post. But to my surprise, zen pinball 2 has been released on the Mac app store! What the hell? Absolutely no news from zen about the release of Zen Pinball 2 on a brand new platform with the avengers pack. Many thanks to motormusic. I would have never known about this. This is my preferred platform too. I could have saved some money. Though, zp2 seems to require OSX Lion. I downgraded from lion because it was causing huge problems with my wifi adapter. I assume this will be compatible with mountain lion 10.8 that is going to be released in the next week or two. I will skip lion and get mountain lion and download this. I am shocked that there has been no announcements about this. Barbie, can we at least get a Mac forum please?

I had no idea this was happening this soon, it was in submission and it looks like it passed! I don't have a Mac though, so I can't even enjoy this, but please, let us know what you think! I will set up a Mac forum today and move this thread over to it
    Last edited by Solitude; 07-21-2012 at 07:32 AM.

Thanks Barbie. I was able to grab my coworkers Mac. She has a MacBook pro running lion. The app is free and comes with sorcerer's lair, also free. The new avengers pack is the only dlc available but it is not being sold as a pack. You can buy each table individually at a slight premium of $2.99 for each table. I don't see an option to buy the tables as a pack. I played a really quick game of sorcerer's lair. It plays great but could use some higher res graphics. Checked the options and there is something strange for the controls. There is a slow motion key that slows everything down. I am not sure I like this feature because it makes aimed shots very easy. I guess I wouldn't mind if this disabled leaderboards, but there are no leaderboards?! Will leaderboards be included later? I really hope so. Also, it has local hot seat multiplayer but no online multiplayer that was mentioned for zp 2 on the ps3. Zp2 for the Mac looks like a great start, but it needs a little love. Inclusion of leaderboards should be #1 on the to do list.
    Last edited by surf1der; 07-20-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I had no idea this was happening this soon, it was in submission and it looks like it passed!
    Good to see the folks at Zen keep you informed of these things!
    Feel free to friend me, but make sure you mention that you are from these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppo99 View Post
    Good to see the folks at Zen keep you informed of these things!
    I knew about it, I just forgot that Apple has pretty short submission times (if it gets certified the first time through).

Ah right. It's a shame the same thing cannot be said about Sony...

Hi Everyone - yeah, Zen Pinball 2 for Mac is out! Due to the way the submission process works at Apple, it is really tricky to time releases and info. The good news is that the game is out, it works and we're giving you all the Sorcerer's Lair table for free!

There will be more updates to the game very soon including more DLC. Consider this a 'soft launch' with all the best still to come.

We certainly welcome all of your feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppo99 View Post
    Ah right. It's a shame the same thing cannot be said about Sony...
    Nothing wrong with the way Sony's submission works, it just takes longer. If that means a better product for us, that is fine by me

Default Thanks

Well i found it by accident. Just narrowed my google search to 24 hours to track progress on the other formats.

I agree with the previous posters comment regarding the quality of the graphics... they are very good as is, but could do with being a little higher - i can see rough edges in quite a few places however i'm using a 15" Macbook Pro so it's obviously bigger than an iPad.

Indeed i'm also curious why no one seems to be aware of it, even some Zen insiders(?)... i'm quite disappointed by this, especially as so many of you folks have been waiting patiently for so long (haven't we all lol)

The only problem that i have with all of these Downloadable tables, is that i have purchased the Vengeance pack on Xbox 360, but wish i hadn't bothered as most of my purchases are on PS3, and i'm not paying for it again... and it looks like the same is going to happen on Mac as well... i don't wanna have to pay for EVERY platform that i own... so won't be doing it

Glad to help though guys Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by crackervizzo View Post
    Hi Everyone - yeah, Zen Pinball 2 for Mac is out! Due to the way the submission process works at Apple, it is really tricky to time releases and info. The good news is that the game is out, it works and we're giving you all the Sorcerer's Lair table for free!

There will be more updates to the game very soon including more DLC. Consider this a 'soft launch' with all the best still to come.

We certainly welcome all of your feedback!
    As i've entered just about every 'competition' on Zen's Facebook page and have never won anything ever... can i have the avengers tables for free just because i'm nice and i've made a discovery? Pleaaaaase? ))))

Quote Originally Posted by motormusic1 View Post
    As i've entered just about every 'competition' on Zen's Facebook page and have never won anything ever... can i have the avengers tables for free just because i'm nice and i've made a discovery? Pleaaaaase? ))))
    No Mac codes at this point, I'm not even sure if I can get any. If we do get some, I'll send you a friendly note

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Thanks Barbie. I was able to grab my coworkers Mac. She has a MacBook pro running lion. The app is free and comes with sorcerer's lair, also free. The new avengers pack is the only dlc available but it is not being sold as a pack. You can buy each table individually at a slight premium of $2.99 for each table. I don't see an option to buy the tables as a pack. I played a really quick game of sorcerer's lair. It plays great but could use some higher res graphics. Checked the options and there is something strange for the controls. There is a slow motion key that slows everything down. I am not sure I like this feature because it makes aimed shots very easy. I guess I wouldn't mind if this disabled leaderboards, but there are no leaderboards?! Will leaderboards be included later? I really hope so. Also, it has local hot seat multiplayer but no online multiplayer that was mentioned for zp 2 on the ps3. Zp2 for the Mac looks like a great start, but it needs a little love. Inclusion of leaderboards should be #1 on the to do list.
    Thanks! Leaderboards are definitely something we'll add later as that option becomes available, Game Center integration isn't an option on Mac yet. This is definitely not final, as we do have more tables, features planned for it.

Downloading it now!! I wanna see the power of my 6 years old Intel GMA 950! haha!

I am so excited about this. OSX is definitely my preferred platform because I take my mpb everywhere. But unfortunately I will have tables on various platforms (ps3, iOS, OSX). I am not sure what to do. I don't suppose there will be cross-platform support for iOS and OSX like there is with ps3 and vita? I haven't seen anything like that with other apps in the app store. I also haven't heard anything like that being implemented in ios6 or mountain lion. I guess I will probably just break down and buy for all 3 platforms. I have had the same problem with pinball arcade. Just take my money.

I guess this also means that the chances of Castlestorm on OSX is pretty good. Cool.
    Last edited by surf1der; 07-20-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Ahhhh!!!! It doesn't show the ball!! The ball is a ghost with its shadow!

How can I report the bug (MacBook late 2006 with GMA 950 - OS X Lion 10.74)? The game IS actually playable! The framerate is not that bad (maybe 15-20 fps or less. but it works!).

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Wow this came out of the Blue! I im a Windows guy but im happy for you Mac Guys!

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

damn i guess psn will get it later then
    the tittle of the topic could be a bit more specific, a lot of people gonna get disappointed by it

Quote Originally Posted by bazz View Post
    the tittle of the topic could be a bit more specific, a lot of people gonna get disappointed by it
    OH! Thanks for the reminder, meant to fix it but forgot to when I moved it...

Quote Originally Posted by bazz View Post
    Disappointed ? The tag reads " Zen Pinball 2 Has Been Released on Mac "
    Bonus multiplier goes nuts on drains

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Bonus View Post
    I think he means disappointed as it was a PS3 thing as far as we knew it, and it came out on Mac first. Well at least that's what I think he meant. It doesn't bother me any. I have Zen on ALL devices, except for Android! No Tegra! Now that Mac has ZP2, I wonder if they will get PBFX3 when it drops.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    Now that Mac has ZP2, I wonder if they will get PBFX3 when it drops.
    Nope! Zen made it quite clear that PBFX is exclusive to Microsoft platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Nope! Zen made it quite clear that PBFX is exclusive to Microsoft platforms.
    Wow! I guess PS3 users don't get any type of exclusivity at all, do they? It's like PS3 folks have to share their tables amongst other platforms and MS gets to keep their own tables. Geez I wonder why that is?

I'm not starting a war here, its just too coincidental that its like that. Makes me no difference as I have a 360 and every table on PBFX. I just feel bad for PS3 users. Well here's to ZP2 coming soon for the rest of us. (I only have an IPad New Generation and ZP2 wasn't in the App Store yet)
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Wow! I guess PS3 users don't get any type of exclusivity at all, do they? It's like PS3 folks have to share their tables amongst other platforms and MS gets to keep their own tables. Geez I wonder why that is?
    Woe there! I was just talking about the names. You said, "I wonder if they will get [Pinball FX 3] when it drops". I said no because the name is exclusive to Microsoft. You didn't say anything about the table exclusives. You just asked about the platform itself from what was posted.
    Last edited by shogun00; 07-21-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Woe there! I was just talking about the names. You said, "I wonder if they will get [Pinball FX 3] when it drops". I said no because the name is exclusive to Microsoft. You didn't say anything about the table exclusives. You just asked about the platform itself from what was posted.
    Oh okay. I wasn't going off on ya, Shogun. LOL I was just wondering about the tables themselves. I don't care about the name. I know tables like Ms. Splosion Man is off limits to anyone but MS, but the others like Rome or Pasha could be ported to others like 3DS or Mac. That's all. Just playing a lil devil's advocate here.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Bonus View Post
    The Title has been changed. The original one was:

"Zen Pinball 2 Has Been Released!!"

And in the PS3 section as well. It obviously came as a shock. And a big disappointment after people discovered it was for Mac only. Thus that discussion about PS3 exclusivity is just a cloud of fried air based on false premises..

Cool

Perhaps wed morning for us ps3 players? Lets hope so since I did read that sony updates the store after midnight tuesdays.

Quote Originally Posted by s-carnegie View Post
    Perhaps wed morning for us ps3 players? Lets hope so since I did read that sony updates the store after midnight tuesdays.
    It won't be this week. Zen gets the release date at least a week early from Sony and immediately posts it here. We're looking at a 7/31 (US/Canada) and 8/1 (Europe) at the earliest.

Cool

7/31 sounds good to me, ZP2 will make a great 50th bd present on 8/1. Im still thinking how the physics can be upgraded and better. This is why I like ZEN pb so much, but hey we can only see for ourselves soon enough. Thanks for the psn info shogun.

Can I play ZP2 on the new IPad? I don't see it as an option at the App Store.

Is it just for the Mac for now?
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Can I play ZP2 on the new IPad? I don't see it as an option at the App Store.

Is it just for the Mac for now?
    It's only on Mac, sorry dude!

I've managed to buy one table on Mac several days ago, but now I can't buy any other tables with this error: "An unknown error has occurred" from Mac App store right after I enter my password.

It happens with Mountain Lion on Air and with Lion on Mac Mini.

Probably Apple issue specific to my account, but if you have any ideas...

UPDATE: the error has changed to "Please contact iTunes support to complete this transaction".
    I did contact them, but they say that cannot help me with this problem and suggest to create a new account. I created another account just to try, added credit card, tried to purchase the table but got exactly the same error. So it doesn't work from 2 different systems and 2 different accounts. Maybe it's global game specific issue?

UPDATE: Apple iTunes support has resolved the problem, it was specific to both of my accounts, it took them 2 weeks to figure out and fix it.
    Last edited by CrazyCoder; 08-14-2012 at 08:43 PM.