Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MLT24
    • Jun 2010

Planet Minigolf Future

Ok I have been on these forums since the game came out. Went round and round with the devs that come on here about the problems they cannot fix because of how they set up the code. So been away for at least a year, and was wondering what the future of the series is going to be.

1st of all they cannot fix the problems until they make a newer version of the game, just thought I would let some of you newer players know they admitted that.

2nd, we need true leaderboards for wins and losses, not just how much someone can bang the ball around and score style points. Sure make a leaderboard for that too, but wins and losses needs its own leaderboard.

3rd, take the rediculous percentage thing away, put things back to the way they were in the beginning as for swing. All one has to do is write down what percentage they used for each hole and shot, and each time they play it afterwards everything is automatic. You HAVE TO take that away, it is not a game with that on there. Or at least have different levels of play, like an amateur mode that gives the percentages of your swing, and and advanced mode that does not.

and finally, when is the next version coming out? IF not, just say so, but tell us something. I loved the 1st one until you messed it up with the dl for the Move Controll, haven't played it since. If your not going to make a new one, let us know.
    Last edited by MLT24; 07-23-2012, 09:43 PM.
  • dozuki
    • Jul 2010

Please give us hope for Planet Minigolf 2

Im also registred since PM1 came out and I loved this game. This was the best Minigolf I´ve ever seen. And i played it until today with my friends. So please say something to us and give us hope for Planet Minigolf 2. Zen Pinball 2 is ready and has reached goldstaus, and i think time is comming for PM2.

Hopeful greetings from Germany

Zen i love your games

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
      Pinball Wizard
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by dozuki
      Im also registred since PM1 came out and I loved this game. This was the best Minigolf I´ve ever seen. And i played it until today with my friends. So please say something to us and give us hope for Planet Minigolf 2. Zen Pinball 2 is ready and has reached goldstaus, and i think time is comming for PM2.

Hopeful greetings from Germany

Zen i love your games
      Thanks! I don't know if we are planning on making Planet Minigolf 2, but we've had a few requests for it lately I will certainly let the team know about your request!

Comment

• shipwrecksos
        • Sep 2010

I'd also like to cast my vote for Planet Minigolf 2.

I think everyone on this forum really..., REALLY wanted this game to succeed and become a full series. I've played several golf/minigolf games on many different platforms (PC, Xbox, PS3, and Droid phone), and I can honestly say that none of them even come close to how much fun I had with Planet Minigolf.

Now, I haven't seen any sales figures, profits, or losses that took place with the first Planet Minigolf. I understand that this is strictly a business decision for you guys, so I can see why it wouldn't be appealing to make a sequel to a game if the original wasn't meeting sales goals. But, we wouldn't actually take the time to make these posts for a game franchise we didn't see great potential for. I don't think you guys realize just how impressed the community was with the outstanding level design, dead-on precise physics, and gorgeous visuals this game offered.

Some of the most successful game franchises out there started off with flops, but it was a learning experience, and the end result was even better than what the developers had initially imagined. We've got your back, Zen!

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
          Pinball Wizard
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by shipwrecksos
          I think everyone on this forum really..., REALLY wanted this game to succeed and become a full series. I've played several golf/minigolf games on many different platforms (PC, Xbox, PS3, and Droid phone), and I can honestly say that none of them even come close to how much fun I had with Planet Minigolf.

Now, I haven't seen any sales figures, profits, or losses that took place with the first Planet Minigolf. I understand that this is strictly a business decision for you guys, so I can see why it wouldn't be appealing to make a sequel to a game if the original wasn't meeting sales goals. But, we wouldn't actually take the time to make these posts for a game franchise we didn't see great potential for. I don't think you guys realize just how impressed the community was with the outstanding level design, dead-on precise physics, and gorgeous visuals this game offered.

Some of the most successful game franchises out there started off with flops, but it was a learning experience, and the end result was even better than what the developers had initially imagined. We've got your back, Zen!
          Thank you so much for your support. I (and all of us here at Zen) appreciate you taking the time to write to us and let us know what you think!

Comment

• alton
            • Sep 2012

Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up.
            alton

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
              Pinball Wizard
              • Feb 2012

Hey guys, just got word today that we are in fact planning on doing a second Planet Minigolf!

Comment

• shogun00
                Pinball Wizard
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                Hey guys, just got word today that we are in fact planning on doing a second Planet Minigolf!
                Cool! Let's hope that this version gets lots of DLC.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by shogun00
                  From what I've heard so far, it's gonna be pretty rad! I'll let you all know more details when the time comes

Comment

• iCub
                    • Sep 2012

This is great news! I bought Planet Minigolf when it first came out, but with one thing and another, I never really got around to playing it. Being a regular reader of the threads on here for ZP2, I noticed that there was a tournament running so I thought I would boot up the game for a try. So glad I did; I tanked in the tournament but I am now belatedly enjoying the single player mode very much. I went and grabbed the 1 available DLC pack at the weekend and have even got a couple of friends to buy the game on the strength of my recommendation.

I will certainly be keeping an eye out for any news on the sequel.

Comment

• TJA7032
                      • Oct 2011

Thanks shogun!

Originally posted by shogun00
                      Now I have the memo! Thanks shogun for putting me on to this.

I will be looking for announcements on this one! I hope it contains a 3D option as well.

Comment

• BlueRabbit
                        • Nov 2013

Still hope?

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                        Is there still hope for a version 2? Planet Minigolf is such a fantastic game and I play it every weekend with friends for hours long. Even a simple port of the current game on the PS4 would be great.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                          Pinball Wizard
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by BlueRabbit
                          Is there still hope for a version 2? Planet Minigolf is such a fantastic game and I play it every weekend with friends for hours long. Even a simple port of the current game on the PS4 would be great.
                          Yes! I believe we have plans to release it sometime next year.

Comment

• erik162000
                            • Jun 2012

This just got me excited! Now, let's hope it comes out with cross-buy for the Vita.

Comment

• Driver-DE
                              • Jan 2014

Damn, if this would come out for vita :O... It would finally hook me on to the vita, cause of PM2

Comment

Working...