Thread: Planet Minigolf Future

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Planet Minigolf Future

Ok I have been on these forums since the game came out. Went round and round with the devs that come on here about the problems they cannot fix because of how they set up the code. So been away for at least a year, and was wondering what the future of the series is going to be.

1st of all they cannot fix the problems until they make a newer version of the game, just thought I would let some of you newer players know they admitted that.

2nd, we need true leaderboards for wins and losses, not just how much someone can bang the ball around and score style points. Sure make a leaderboard for that too, but wins and losses needs its own leaderboard.

3rd, take the rediculous percentage thing away, put things back to the way they were in the beginning as for swing. All one has to do is write down what percentage they used for each hole and shot, and each time they play it afterwards everything is automatic. You HAVE TO take that away, it is not a game with that on there. Or at least have different levels of play, like an amateur mode that gives the percentages of your swing, and and advanced mode that does not.

and finally, when is the next version coming out? IF not, just say so, but tell us something. I loved the 1st one until you messed it up with the dl for the Move Controll, haven't played it since. If your not going to make a new one, let us know.
    Last edited by MLT24; 07-23-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Default Please give us hope for Planet Minigolf 2

Im also registred since PM1 came out and I loved this game. This was the best Minigolf I´ve ever seen. And i played it until today with my friends. So please say something to us and give us hope for Planet Minigolf 2. Zen Pinball 2 is ready and has reached goldstaus, and i think time is comming for PM2.

Hopeful greetings from Germany

Zen i love your games

Quote Originally Posted by dozuki View Post
    Im also registred since PM1 came out and I loved this game. This was the best Minigolf I´ve ever seen. And i played it until today with my friends. So please say something to us and give us hope for Planet Minigolf 2. Zen Pinball 2 is ready and has reached goldstaus, and i think time is comming for PM2.

Hopeful greetings from Germany

Zen i love your games
    Thanks! I don't know if we are planning on making Planet Minigolf 2, but we've had a few requests for it lately I will certainly let the team know about your request!

Default I'd also like to cast my vote for Planet Minigolf 2.

I think everyone on this forum really..., REALLY wanted this game to succeed and become a full series. I've played several golf/minigolf games on many different platforms (PC, Xbox, PS3, and Droid phone), and I can honestly say that none of them even come close to how much fun I had with Planet Minigolf.

Now, I haven't seen any sales figures, profits, or losses that took place with the first Planet Minigolf. I understand that this is strictly a business decision for you guys, so I can see why it wouldn't be appealing to make a sequel to a game if the original wasn't meeting sales goals. But, we wouldn't actually take the time to make these posts for a game franchise we didn't see great potential for. I don't think you guys realize just how impressed the community was with the outstanding level design, dead-on precise physics, and gorgeous visuals this game offered.

Some of the most successful game franchises out there started off with flops, but it was a learning experience, and the end result was even better than what the developers had initially imagined. We've got your back, Zen!

Quote Originally Posted by shipwrecksos View Post
    I think everyone on this forum really..., REALLY wanted this game to succeed and become a full series. I've played several golf/minigolf games on many different platforms (PC, Xbox, PS3, and Droid phone), and I can honestly say that none of them even come close to how much fun I had with Planet Minigolf.

Now, I haven't seen any sales figures, profits, or losses that took place with the first Planet Minigolf. I understand that this is strictly a business decision for you guys, so I can see why it wouldn't be appealing to make a sequel to a game if the original wasn't meeting sales goals. But, we wouldn't actually take the time to make these posts for a game franchise we didn't see great potential for. I don't think you guys realize just how impressed the community was with the outstanding level design, dead-on precise physics, and gorgeous visuals this game offered.

Some of the most successful game franchises out there started off with flops, but it was a learning experience, and the end result was even better than what the developers had initially imagined. We've got your back, Zen!
    Thank you so much for your support. I (and all of us here at Zen) appreciate you taking the time to write to us and let us know what you think!

Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up.
    alton

This just got me excited! Now, let's hope it comes out with cross-buy for the Vita.

Damn, if this would come out for vita :O... It would finally hook me on to the vita, cause of PM2

Default Release date

Do we have a release date for the new planet Minigolf game yet? Also what platforms will it be coming out on?

Quote Originally Posted by ennogs View Post
    Do we have a release date for the new planet Minigolf game yet? Also what platforms will it be coming out on?
    No news on this yet, sorry.

I think Planet Minigolf is by far the best mini golf game ever released. I am amazed that it was not a heavy seller. I really hope the new version is coming out soon.

While the game is great there are some bugs such as

The shrines. Only the first player is able to get though everybody else just gets stuck in the shrine.

The concrete see saws. Once the first player has gone over the see saw any other players left cannot get over as the see saw is up. Also sometimes for every player the see saw is slightly raised making it impossible to get over it.

Sometimes the viewing angles are hard due to something getting in the way like the leaves of trees.

You quite often get disconnected from the server when playing an online game.

I think if the bugs are ironed out for the new game it will hopefully be a heavy seller.

What I would like to see in the new game

The bugs ironed out.

Keep the ability to create and upload holes and courses.

Keep the three types of putting styles. I totally disagree with some reviews that say the controls are not good in the current game.

Give us the ability to download user created courses to our hard drives. With the current version there are over 63,000 holes but they all sadly the sit on the server. When the server eventually gets permanently switched off we will just be left with the original courses. It would be a shame to lose all the user created courses.

I mostly play random local multiplay courses nowadays with a friend. After playing a random course it would be nice at the end if you got asked if you would like to play another random course. At the moment after playing a random course you have to go back and set it up again. The same for an online game. At the end of an online game it would be nice if the both players get asked if they would like to play another random course.

A PC version.

More power ups. The power ups are great and really help make some courses. I like all the power ups in the current game and think they should all be kept for the new game. I would just like to see some new ones added as well.

More obstacles/traps. Keep the current ones but also add more new ones.

Keep the Soho and Polar Station type courses. These are often by far the best holes/courses to play.

Give us the ability to have more than one player online from the console or PC. What I mean is if I am on my PS3 and a friend comes to visit I can choose a random multiplay course to play with him but it would be nice if we could both play a random online course against somebody else.

More DLC. It's shame only one DLC was released for the current game.

The other players ball to never get in the way of another player. Sometimes when teeing off if your opponent fluffs his tee shot their ball gets in your way. I find that a bit unfair. Sometimes their mistake stops you getting a hole in one.

There should be a minimum length for user created courses. Some of the user created courses in the current game are ridiculously short and are very easy hole in ones. Having a minimum length for a course would stop that happening.

In the multiplayer game is would be good if you could choose what user create course you want to play as well the option of playing a random course.

I would be interested to see what other bugs people have found and what they would like to see in the new game.
    Last edited by ennogs; 06-20-2014 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    No news on this yet, sorry.
    Is a new version still coming out or has it been cancelled?