Thread: There should be a boss practice mode for furture updates! For Marvel of course.

Default There should be a boss practice mode for furture updates! For Marvel of course.

I was thinking tonight why isn't there a boss practice option for marvel?! It would be a great practice tool to help with our scores. Of course I'm mainly thinking of it for Iron Man more then anything. Zen could also include a practice option for all of the missions. Most are fairly easy but some can take quite a bit of practice to get down!

never gonna happen, because it is pinball.

name one machine in real life that has this.

you are just mad that you suck at the table :P.

Quote Originally Posted by seaking177 View Post
    never gonna happen, because it is pinball.

name one machine in real life that has this.

you are just mad that you suck at the table :P.
    No personal attacks please.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    No personal attacks please.
    it was all in good fun, and i bet he will still laugh at it :P.

Ha ha very funny! :-P

However I still don't see why they couldn't include a mode for it. After all even Zen would admit they are different from actually real world tables. Much more arcadey.

Banned

Yeah, I can't imagine a boss for the Marvel tables. Unless you consider Ultimo as one LOL. If they did do a boss, it wouldn't be mainly skill like RPG games but merely luck to keep the ball in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    However I still don't see why they couldn't include a mode for it.
    They already have one, it's called the Operator's Menu. Just set the table to "easy" and set the ball count to the max (I believe it's 9). This is a good way for you to practice getting up to Ultimo and defeating him.

Once you have gotten used to defeating him on a easier setting, then select "factory reset" in the operator's menu and all of the settings will go back to the default.

Banned

I think I already consider Ultimo a boss, so having a boss for others tables would be extra hard.

Default Do you even really play this game! o_O

Quote Originally Posted by LumaFan") View Post
    I think I already consider Ultimo a boss, so having a boss for others tables would be extra hard.

All four of the tables have what you would consider a boss. Do you ever check the table instructions? Blade has Dracula. Iron Man has ultimo. Fantastic Four has Galactus and the captian American table has one final clash with the Red skull. All can only be reached after completing all of the mission. Cap has a couple more things you need to do.

@Shogun That good and all but I would like to start at the boss of the table. It kinda defeats the purpose of this topic to have to do all the missions just to face him. If you fail you have to work your way there all over again. I can complete all the missions without to much of a problem. The problem is getting there with all three balls!
    Last edited by Tech101; 08-08-2012 at 07:50 PM.

I would like to start at the boss of the table.
    why not work your way up to the boss, exit the game when it starts (so it saves your game), backup the SD card to the computer and practice until you lose your ball, then put the backup copy of the game back on the SD card so you start back at the start of the boss?

That's not a half bad idea but then my high scores will post and I think that's cheating so no thanks!

I completely understand your frustration Tech because I've been on the same situation with Ultimo.

Basically the idea of pinball is that you show your skills and complete each mission and gain as many points as you can. The wizard mode just tells you how good you really are with the table. The wizard mode is hard and difficult to reach on several real tables and this is tradition in pinball! Personally, I see no reasons to change this.

Iron Man is a table that teaches you to play. Every shot is a risk and you have to find safe ways for each shot. For ramps and targets, reversed shots work nearly every time for me.
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

That's not a half bad idea but then my high scores will post and I think that's cheating so no thanks!
    turn on slow motion when the game starts, wouldn't get saved if you do that :P

The tables are set up so that merely seeing the boss at all is a huge reward. Letting us play it at will would cheapen it.

I haven't even seen Ultimo yet. One day, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    I haven't even seen Ultimo yet. One day, hopefully.
    Here's a good video from the fight by StOrMtRoOpErMx19:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljG55...ure=plpp_video
    Last edited by Oskari14; 08-13-2012 at 09:42 AM.
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!